PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller

vonqkilla
11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
deserves as much credit as anyone.

Praise your best player here.

Sanchez was wincing, and broken. He showed heart, but he aint got it.

Tebow has IT!!!!

ColoradoDarin
11-17-2011, 08:54 PM
DROY.

D MVP of our team

Bob's your Information Minister
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y8trScwTpXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

schaaf
11-17-2011, 08:56 PM
on that last drive he had the best sack I have EVER seen.

jhns
Miller was a great pick. I love watching him rush the passer. It is art.

Broncosfreak_56
The best player on our team. He is going to be up there with the top 10 defensive players in the league soon, if he isn't already.

kappys
11-17-2011, 08:57 PM
DROY.

D MVP of our team

Rookie of the Year - Cam has looked good but Von Miller looks like a once in a lifetime player

MVP of this team right now and our best player hands down.

Bronx33
11-17-2011, 08:57 PM
That last sack was beauty simplified i think i jizzzzed in my pants.

Kaylore
11-17-2011, 08:58 PM
DROY.

D MVP of our team

And the first of many pro bowls.

Finger Roll
11-17-2011, 08:58 PM
He should be in the running for D Player of the year.

ElwayMD
11-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Dude is a ****ing beast. He is a difference maker who always shows up.

That One Guy
11-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Sacks rocked but they had Sanchez bracing for the hit before he could even get the ball out.

Tombstone RJ
11-17-2011, 09:00 PM
one word: ham

Ratboy
11-17-2011, 09:01 PM
He should be in the running for D Player of the year.

No doubt.

VM is amazing.

The Joker
11-17-2011, 09:02 PM
That last sack.

It was like

"You're in my way, get on the ****ing ground and stay there."

ColoradoDarin
11-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Sanchez wanted no part of Von in the 4th quarter, he was hearing footsteps.

WolfpackGuy
11-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Fug Revis, who should just retire after shying away from Tebow when he talked all that crap.

Von was the best defender on the field tonight.

Doggcow
11-17-2011, 09:05 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Miller is a Badass.

Coach says "Hey Badass, go be a Badass over there" and he does. Then he tells him to be a badass somewhere else, and he does.

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 09:06 PM
The best player on our team. He is going to be up there with the top 10 defensive players in the league soon, if he isn't already.

He is already.

yerner
11-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah I was dead wrong about wanting Peterson. Miller is incredible.

Vegas_Bronco
Great show by the entire defense...even our dline looked good and I don't think I've seen a full game from them in 5 years. This team is.....should I say it....good.

tsr28
To add with everyone else's reference to Miller's last sack, that was fn amazing. Tebow time is great, but Miller time is greater.

Bronco Yoda
11-17-2011, 09:11 PM
I hope champ forgives me.... but VM is becoming my favorite player. What a beast. He is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!

extralife
11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Is it possible that Miller gets first team all pro as a rookie?

Clady deserved it in '08 and got snubbed. Is there a chance?

hazefrog
11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
can anyone throw up a clip of miller's last sack? the stream i was watching went down and i couldn't catch it :(

extralife
11-17-2011, 09:16 PM
can anyone throw up a clip of miller's last sack? the stream i was watching went down and i couldn't catch it :(

you missed out, bro. it was a thing of beauty.

ElwayMD
11-17-2011, 09:17 PM
I hope champ forgives me.... but VM is becoming my favorite player. What a beast. He is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the first Bronco since Champ that I feel safe buying a replica jersey of. Guy is on the path to being the best pass rusher in the NFL.

TheChamp24
11-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Man that last sack was wicked.
Miller: "GTFO of my way *clubbing the RT*"
RT: "OMGWTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
Sanchez: "Aw **** not again!"

Bronx33
11-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Ok i think its safe to get a miller jersey.

Hamrob
11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Miller is a stud!!!!

Bronx33
11-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Anybody have a clip of that last sack by miller i wanna rub one out.

Dedhed
11-17-2011, 09:22 PM
you missed out, bro. it was a thing of beauty.It really was special.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Is it possible that Miller gets first team all pro as a rookie?

Clady deserved it in '08 and got snubbed. Is there a chance?

There is a chance because all the writers and talking heads seem to love him, and talk about him a lot.

Bronco Yoda
11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
It's Miller time!

Perry1977
11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Pancakes a TACKLE on the way to crushing the QB.....holy f***ing s*** it was amazing.

That One Guy
11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Profootballtalk is becoming more and more significant in the media world and they're touting Miller nonstop. As long as they continue covering him and he keeps making plays when they're on primetime, he'll not be missing out on any publicity.

Bronco Boy
11-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I also would like a clip of that last sack to fap to.

Dedhed
11-17-2011, 09:28 PM
This may sound like hyperbole, but I don't think there is a defender in the league who I would trade him for. It's down right scary to think how good he'll get as he improves.

You have to give Allen credit for the way he's using him, but Von has nearly single-handedly taken this defense from the worst in the league to a place where they have the potential to be something.

Broncosfreak_56
11-17-2011, 09:30 PM
This may sound like hyperbole, but I don't think there is a defender in the league who I would trade him for. It's down right scary to think how good he'll get as he improves.

You have to give Allen credit for the way he's using him, but Von has nearly single-handedly taken this defense from the worst in the league to a place where they have the potential to be something.

Agreed. I just focus on him when the defense is on the field, and it's amazing to watch. He is a beast.

HooptyHoops
11-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Von is unreal.....I bet everybody on this board knew, beyond doubt, that Miller was going to get a sack on the last Jets drive.....so did the Jets and they still couldn't stop him!

vonqkilla
11-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Hes superhuman.

Wish they would have stayed 4 dl the whole last drive!!

HooptyHoops
11-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Why is Miller's stats saying he only has 1.5 sacks tonight....he tackled Sanchez when he missed the snap...isn't that a full sack too? I thought it was a 2.5 sack night for Von? What gives?

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 09:36 PM
I love how miller sheds through blocks and then gets in on plays. He's like friggin Lawrence Taylor.

myMind
11-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Why is Miller's stats saying he only has 1.5 sacks tonight....he tackled Sanchez when he missed the snap...isn't that a full sack too? I thought it was a 2.5 sack night for Von? What gives?

The bad snap doesnt count as a sack, Sanchez was a runner when he recovered the ball.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 09:39 PM

I wouldnt trade Tebow for anyone but maybe Rodgers, I don't like Brady enough lol.

El Jué
11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
I love how miller sheds through blocks and then gets in on plays. He's like friggin Lawrence Taylor.

And Derrick Thomas.

Hopefully the Broncos version has a damn brain off the field, because those other guys were stone idiots.

barryr
11-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Miller will be the next dominant defensive player in the NFL. He also seems to come up big when the team needs a big play. Not only that, by moving him around, teams will have to try to find him and that can leave things open for other defenders to make plays, which is happening. I don't think it is a coincidence guys like Ayers, Thomas, and McBean are making plays where before Miller, they were pretty quiet. You know a guy like Miller is great when he helps make others look good too.

HooptyHoops
11-17-2011, 09:44 PM
The bad snap doesnt count as a sack, Sanchez was a runner when he recovered the ball.

Thanks! I learned something today!

Bronx33
11-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Von miller on big game (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8243afb7/Miller-on-big-game)

TheChamp24
11-17-2011, 09:46 PM
I also would like a clip of that last sack to fap to.

Where are our GIF masters? Come on bro's, we have fappin to do!

Finger Roll
11-17-2011, 09:47 PM

It counts as as a stuff. He now has 9.5 sacks and 7.5 stuffs

Chris
11-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Dude that last sack the tackle got SMITED. Seriously.. he hit the ground face down on his knees so hard that he bounced back up off it.

HooptyHoops
11-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Miller will be the next dominant defensive player in the NFL. He also seems to come up big when the team needs a big play. Not only that, by moving him around, teams will have to try to find him and that can leave things open for other defenders to make plays, which is happening. I don't think it is a coincidence guys like Ayers, Thomas, and McBean are making plays where before Miller, they were pretty quiet. You know a guy like Miller is great when he helps make others look good too.

No kidding! I have never seen our D-tackles play so good....seriously, I couldn't believe what I was watching!

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 09:50 PM

:holyguac!

ant1999e
11-17-2011, 09:55 PM
That last sack.

It was like

"You're in my way, get on the ****ing ground and stay there."

This!!!

Orange4Life
11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
At the end of the games when we know they have to pass Miller is absolutely unstoppable. If we can get some leads in games.....no QB will survive.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:08 PM

I think he had a tipped pass tonight as well.

SoCalBronco
11-17-2011, 10:12 PM
If he keeps it up, not only will he in the Pro Bowl his rookie season but he'll be an All-Pro as well.

zms325i
11-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Best rookie pass rusher I have seen since Peppers

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:15 PM
If he keeps it up, not only will he in the Pro Bowl his rookie season but he'll be an All-Pro as well.

It's exciting to finally get a great player in the draft. Can't remember a first round pick on defense making an impact this fast since Atwater. Miller time and Tebow time is pretty cool. It's awesome to have some players we can be really excited about.

Lestat
11-17-2011, 10:17 PM
can we please get a DT & CB like Von? i'd love it very much so.

strafen
11-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Gotta give Elway's credit for drafting Miller.
I think he was the driving force.
He knows what a dominant LB can do to QB's. He knows better! Ha!

BroncsCheer
11-17-2011, 10:21 PM
"That's Tim Tebow. Imma ride with him to the end. I hope he shut up a lot of critics today"

AWESOME!

hookemhess
11-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Link to one of greatest sacks we've seen in a while:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d8243b48e/Broncos-defense-sack-9-yd-loss

fdf
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
At the end of the games when we know they have to pass Miller is absolutely unstoppable. If we can get some leads in games.....no QB will survive.

Too bad we couldn't have played Manning with Miller at LB. The few time we got grass stains on his jersey, it was a lot of fun.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
can we please get a DT & CB like Von? i'd love it very much so.

Our DT playing really well.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Bunkley actually probably our 3rd or 4th best player after Bailey, Miller.

Lycan
11-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I said it in the game thread, at the end of the game, we went from Tebow Time straight into Miller Time.

It's awesome that we have a guy that can will us to a win on each side of the ball.

Simple Jake
11-17-2011, 10:30 PM
What is the rookie sack record? Cuz Von is going to break it..

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Bunkley actually probably our 3rd or 4th best player after Bailey, Miller.

Bunkley has saved EFX's ass after they failed to sign any of the big name free agent DTs in the offseason. There's no other way to put it. The guy has been a force in the middle all season. We've actually got a respectable run defense right now, and he's probably the number one reason for it.

El Jué
11-17-2011, 10:33 PM

Jevon Kearse. 14.5 in 1999.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Bunkley has saved EFX's ass after they failed to sign any of the big name free agent DTs in the offseason. There's no other way to put it. The guy has been a force in the middle all season. We've actually got a respectable run defense right now, and he's probably the number one reason for it.

Honestly most of the board was being ridiculous during the offseason. The FO made lots of moves to try and get the dline up to speed. Warren but he got injured, trade for Bunkley, resign Thomas. It's just the Mane is stupid a lot and quite frankly you are on the complains way to fast list.

Bronx33
11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Link to one of greatest sacks we've seen in a while:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d8243b48e/Broncos-defense-sack-9-yd-loss

I love how sanchez just laid his head down you know hes thinking ( ok thats it i wanna go home)

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:38 PM
And tons of you were in here saying what no Dareus, meanwhile Miller could be one of the best Bronco linebackers since Randy Gradishar.

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 10:38 PM

I believe it's 14.5 by Jevon Kearse. He certainly has a great shot at beating it, I'll say that much.

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Honestly most of the board was being ridiculous during the offseason. The FO made lots of moves to try and get the dline up to speed. Warren but he got injured, trade for Bunkley, resign Thomas. It's just the Mane is stupid a lot and quite frankly you are on the complains way to fast list.

No they weren't. The Mane was right. The moves they made were totally inadequate. Bunkley and Bunkley alone has saved them from looking like fools on the DT front. Period. And Elway didn't even know his name...

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:44 PM
No they weren't. The Mane was right. The moves they made were totally inadequate. Bunkley and Bunkley alone has saved them from looking like fools on the DT front. Period. And Elway didn't even know his name...

He just mispoke, that was a perfect example of how lame you all are. So they were inadequate, but now they are playing good, somehow they got lucky? No you were all wrong the front office made moves that improved the dline. Bunkley may be the best dlineman FA of the offseason.

Hell is their anything you have been right about? Maybe you should just read and listen for a few weeks and do some soul searching about what a tool you are. Then after decide to change and be more like Tebow.

Kaylore
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM

I was going to say no to this, but honestly if you look at pass rushers, they are all in the NFC. Miller might get considered just because he's alone in his conference.

vonqkilla
11-17-2011, 10:56 PM
All pro is regardless of conference.

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 11:05 PM
He just mispoke, that was a perfect example of how lame you all are. So they were inadequate, but now they are playing good, somehow they got lucky? No you were all wrong the front office made moves that improved the dline. Bunkley may be the best dlineman FA of the offseason.

Hell is their anything you have been right about? Maybe you should just read and listen for a few weeks and do some soul searching about what a tool you are. Then after decide to change and be more like Tebow.

The moves were inadequate. You can look at it now and say "man they did such a great job", but that's disingenuous. The truth is that Bunkley cost so little we could've gotten him and Mebane (or the like) relatively easily. We are still 20+ million under the cap in case you didn't know.

Anyway, your post is a joke. Especially the judgmental crap that reflects far more on what a little jerk you are than on me. Here's a hint: if you are inspired by Tebow and want to be more like him don't be telling other people to do some soul searching or that they are a tool. That's all you, no Tebow.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:06 PM
The moves were inadequate. You can look at it now and say "man they did such a great job", but that's disingenuous. The truth is that Bunkley cost so little we could've gotten him and Mebane (or the like) relatively easily. We are still 20+ million under the cap in case you didn't know.

Anyway, your post is a joke. Especially the judgmental crap that reflects far more on what a little jerk you are than on me. Here's a hint: if you are inspired by Tebow and want to be more like him don't be telling other people to do some soul searching or that they are a tool. That's all you, no Tebow.

BS had Vickerson and Warren not went down for the season our dline would be deep and talented. You just don't know football but want to think you know everything.

Requiem
11-17-2011, 11:08 PM
BS had Vickerson and Warren not went down for the season our dline would be deep and talented. You just don't know football but want to think you know everything.

Vickerson is an average player and Warren is way past his prime. Their depth would have helped, but nobody on this defensive line at tackle is a true difference maker.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:09 PM

I never thought Mebane was worth all the hype. And I didn't use any bad language, only pointed out you were all over the moves and failed to see how good some of them were. Just like you thought there was some conspiracy to keep Tebow off the field. You just jump to conclusions and once you make up your mind that is it. I am trying to be more like Tebow by helping you be smarter.

McDman
11-17-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't know who Bunkley is, I do know who Bunkney is though. He played great.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Vickerson is an average player and Warren is way past his prime. Their depth would have helped, but nobody on this defensive line at tackle is a true difference maker.

I can agree with that but no one in FA was a true difference make IMO. So we could trade Miller our for Dareus? Not like there is a plethora of studs at DT available each off season. People just figure it should be so easy to sign whatever player you want when really many of them have more then one choice.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:11 PM
What Mebane, Coefield, etc etc are top end DT? I think not.

Requiem
11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I can agree with that but no one in FA was a true difference make IMO. So we could trade Miller our for Dareus? Not like there is a plethora of studs at DT available each off season. People just figure it should be so easy to sign whatever player you want when really many of them have more then one choice.

Agreed. Not a true difference maker, but Mebane would have been the better value due to his age and longevity and would have given us something to consider at the position for multiple years, rather than have to re-evaluate it on a hard basis this off-season.

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I never thought Mebane was worth all the hype. And I didn't use any bad language, only pointed out you were all over the moves and failed to see how good some of them were. Just like you thought there was some conspiracy to keep Tebow off the field. You just jump to conclusions and once you make up your mind that is it. I am trying to be more like Tebow by helping you be smarter.

I thought the Bunkley move was fine for what it was. I did some research and discovered that he rated well at stopping the run, but had "busted" as a 1st round DT because he couldn't get to the QB. That doesn't change that there were plenty of good DTs out there that could be had for relatively little money on top of the Bunkley trade. Mebane was one of them. The guy went for 5 mil a year and we are sitting on 20+ million of cap space. Not going for him or one of the other decent starting DTs that were available was not a good move, no matter how much you want to retroactively say otherwise.

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
What Mebane, Coefield, etc etc are top end DT? I think not.

No and they didn't demand top end money. But they would've gone a long way towards shoring up the interior of our defense. While Bunkley has surpassed most people's expectations, the fact is that those guys would make our interior defense better still and wouldn't have cost all that much. Bringing in one solid run stuffer at a position that was a total joke last season is not adequately addressing the issue, not when there were so many reasonably priced options out there. Sorry.

Kaylore
11-17-2011, 11:25 PM
All pro is regardless of conference.

I realize that. I'm just saying being the only guy making waves in your entire conference will help. The rest of the NFC dudes will get lost.

vonqkilla
11-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Stfu about non broncos and praise

<----- that man

vonqkilla
11-17-2011, 11:32 PM
I realize that. I'm just saying being the only guy making waves in your entire conference will help. The rest of the NFC dudes will get lost.

He should make it as a SAM, depends on how many they take.

Allpro is sporting news, they should take 4/4/4 on def since there are so many diff lbs in 3/4s and 4/3s.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:33 PM
No and they didn't demand top end money. But they would've gone a long way towards shoring up the interior of our defense. While Bunkley has surpassed most people's expectations, the fact is that those guys would make our interior defense better still and wouldn't have cost all that much. Bringing in one solid run stuffer at a position that was a total joke last season is not adequately addressing the issue, not when there were so many reasonably priced options out there. Sorry.

Broncos wanted a visit with some players and they couldn't make it happen. Others used Bronco offers and interest to get deals other places. You just can't sign whoever you want. Also Mebane got 5 mil a yr, you don't offer him more then that he's not worth it. Why spend up to the cap just for the sake of doing it? Sure it would have been great to get some more good players but you make it like they didn't try when really you can never know what goes on in a footballs team front office.

vonqkilla
11-17-2011, 11:35 PM
You all gotta see tebows pics in the post, he is dancing into the endzone, hilarious picture, you have to see it. Just funny when it http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/11/photos-denver-broncos-vs-new-york-jets/24609/#name%20here went click.

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Broncos wanted a visit with some players and they couldn't make it happen. Others used Bronco offers and interest to get deals other places. You just can't sign whoever you want. Also Mebane got 5 mil a yr, you don't offer him more then that he's not worth it. Why spend up to the cap just for the sake of doing it? Sure it would have been great to get some more good players but you make it like they didn't try when really you can never know what goes on in a footballs team front office.

Fair enough. But there were a lot of players that were available, and as far as I'm aware they were never particularly close to signing any of them. Considering the fact that they didn't draft a DT in any round either, they really had to be banking on free agency. And what did they get? An old, injury-prone 3-4 DE at bargain basement prices.

I get that it might have all been out of their control, but the fact remains that Bunkley was the one guy they brought in. And while he's worked out, the odds on that one guy fixing their DT issues alone were pretty slim. This is one of the most depth intensive positions in the game after all.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Fair enough. But there were a lot of players that were available, and as far as I'm aware they were never particularly close to signing any of them. Considering the fact that they didn't draft a DT in any round either, they really had to be banking on free agency. And what did they get? An old, injury-prone 3-4 DE at bargain basement prices.

I get that it might have all been out of their control, but the fact remains that Bunkley was the one guy they brought in. And while he's worked out, the odds on that one guy fixing their DT issues alone were pretty slim. This is one of the most depth intensive positions in the game after all.

It could get easier to make FA excited about Denver next yr. As the team seems more like a special place to be players will gravitate to Denver again. Still through the draft is the way to do it. Hopefully they get a big DE or DT to add to the front 7 next yr.

vonqkilla
11-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Lol, getting direct messages from josina anderson pooh poohing on tebows ” good effort, not magical” on twitter.

Rolandftw
11-17-2011, 11:52 PM
I wanted Mebane too, but just because he signed for $5 million a season in Seattle doesn't mean he would have taken the same amount in Denver.

Dunno him personally, but some guys don't leave a situation where they're wanted/where they want to be for comparable money. Might have cost us $6 or $7 million a season to get him. Signing bonus is usually the key in a deal.

Back to Von, he's surpassing my expectations every week. If the kid stays healthy, he's going to be a nightmare for a very long time.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Next yr I want Micheal Bush really bad, but also i understand the risk breaking bank for a RB who takes hits like him. Hes good though and would be great as the dive back in the option.

BowlenBall
11-18-2011, 12:00 AM
You all gotta see tebows pics in the post, he is dancing into the endzone, hilarious picture, you have to see it. Just funny when it http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/11/photos-denver-broncos-vs-new-york-jets/24609/#name%20here went click.

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-282259/cache/xJETS_BRONCOS_1JL3636x.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.s jpg?1321602223
"Haters gonna hate."

epicSocialism4tw
11-18-2011, 12:45 AM
on that last drive he had the best sack I have EVER seen.

He juked that RT and then THREW HIM OUT OF THE WAY!

We have our Lawrence Taylor, folks.

Von is the best pass rushing OLB in years.

epicSocialism4tw
11-18-2011, 12:52 AM

Now that Miller is making a name for himself, he's going to be an even bigger part of the offensive gameplanning and occupy more blockers.

Agamemnon
11-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Now that Miller is making a name for himself, he's going to be an even bigger part of the offensive gameplanning and occupy more blockers.

I think that's already in full swing at this moment. OC's don't wait until a player gets hyped by the media to notice him. They see the tape. They are gameplanning for the guy. But the way Allen moves him around he's hard as **** to isolate and double, and one on one the guy is virtually unblockable. That sack at the end of the game was quite possibly one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. He completely destroyed a guy that outweighs him by nearly a eighty pounds more through strength than speed. An elite speed rusher that can manage that kind of power as well is just out of this world.

epicSocialism4tw
11-18-2011, 01:20 AM
I think that's already in full swing at this moment. OC's don't wait until a player gets hyped by the media to notice him. They see the tape. They are gameplanning for the guy. But the way Allen moves him around he's hard as **** to isolate and double, and one on one the guy is virtually unblockable. That sack at the end of the game was quite possibly one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. He completely destroyed a guy that outweighs him by nearly a eighty pounds more through strength than speed. An elite speed rusher that can manage that kind of power as well is just out of this world.

His hand technique on that play was fantastic...in rhythm with his footwork and contained an unusual amount of power.

He was so incredible on that play that I almost felt bad for the tackle. He got rag-dolled by an OLB.

There was no denying Miller on that play. He would not be stopped.

broncocalijohn
11-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Miller is going to get flagged for some of these hits sooner than later. He is smart and keeps the helmet from leading. Refs are looking for that more than the timing it seems. I love them and really knocking my USC QBs around (when do we play Leinart and the Texans?) even if he doesnt get the sack.
BTW, good draft pick, huh? Maybe we should have went with Petersen instead :)

epicSocialism4tw
11-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Miller is going to get flagged for some of these hits sooner than later. He is smart and keeps the helmet from leading. Refs are looking for that more than the timing it seems. I love them and really knocking my USC QBs around (when do we play Leinart and the Texans?) even if he doesnt get the sack.
BTW, good draft pick, huh? Maybe we should have went with Petersen instead :)

Yeah, they're going to start getting him for those hits. The Jets media will make a big deal out of them and the NFL will be forced to make an example out of Von.

He's getting a rep as a QB destroyer.

I seriously can't believe that we really have one of those on the roster. If we had Von in 2005, we would have won the superbowl.

Agamemnon
11-18-2011, 01:27 AM
If we had Von in 2005, we would have won the superbowl.

This statement is almost certainly true.

extralife
11-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Von doesn't stop Plummer from throwing thirteen picks against Pittsburgh

epicSocialism4tw
11-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Von doesn't stop Plummer from throwing thirteen picks against Pittsburgh

No, but he stops Ben from picking on Foxworth.

jutang
11-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Probowl and all pro are no brainers at this point. My question now... Can Miller become the defensive mvp in his rookie season? Who are the other elite defensive players in this league that matter just as much as Miller to their team?

Tom A Hawk
11-18-2011, 05:21 AM
I have to admit, Von Miller is the real deal. I don't think I have ever seen a LB bust it lose this early. DROY is quite possible and earned....so far.

The Joker
11-18-2011, 05:22 AM

http://ragemaker.net/images/Pleasure/sweetjesusface.png

srphoenix
11-18-2011, 06:03 AM

the beauty of that is we have a previous league sack king in Dumervil on the other side of Von. They cant afford to double both of them all the time and if they do we no longer have to worry about being burned by tight ends or rbs on passing plays.

srphoenix
11-18-2011, 06:06 AM

http://ragemaker.net/images/Pleasure/sweetjesusface.png

Jason hunter just flailed his hands, couldnt even figure out how to look at von during that play. my goodness Von Miller is incredible. I love how von figures out a way to make a hit on the qb at least several times a game even if its not on sacks.

bowtown
11-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Probowl and all pro are no brainers at this point. My question now... Can Miller become the defensive mvp in his rookie season? Who are the other elite defensive players in this league that matter just as much as Miller to their team?

I was wondering the same thing. Could it possibly happen? If we make it to the playoffs I don't know how he isn't in contention.

TheChamp24
11-18-2011, 06:36 AM
STILL no GIF made? :(

Next yr I want Micheal Bush really bad, but also i understand the risk breaking bank for a RB who takes hits like him. Hes good though and would be great as the dive back in the option.

No on signing Bush. He'll cost a pretty penny and not worth forking a lot of money over.

kappys
11-18-2011, 06:42 AM
STILL no GIF made? :(

No on signing Bush. He'll cost a pretty penny and not worth forking a lot of money over.

I don't think he'll draw that much interest - hes a quality back but not dominant.

gunns
11-18-2011, 06:55 AM
It is soooo nice having the BEAST out there on the Broncos for once. He is unbelievable. Makes me absolutely giddy during games. Thank you Mr. Elway, a man who knew defenses.

vonqkilla
11-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Check out your new wallpaper!!!

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-282259/cache/xJETS_BRONCOS_1JL3743x.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.s jpg?1321627885

Monster
Beast

No words describe what that was.

Check out Sanchez pained face!!!

Love it!!!

gunns
11-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Check out your new wallpaper!!!

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-282259/cache/xJETS_BRONCOS_1JL3743x.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.s jpg?1321627885

Monster
Beast

No words describe what that was.

"Hi Mark. My name is Von"

gunns
11-18-2011, 07:18 AM
I wonder how Rivers feels when watching this. I guess we'll/he'll find out soon. Can't wait.

That One Guy
11-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Gotta work on the dance. What was that, double spooning cereal or something?

Garcia Bronco
11-18-2011, 07:30 AM
9.5 sacks...that's 3rd in the league, but we still have the weekend to go.

Elvis now has 5.5

for a total of 15

Gutless Drunk
11-18-2011, 07:50 AM
"There is no Tebowmania without Von Miller

Miller had 10 tackles, four quarterback hits, three tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, and a pass defensed on Thursday night. He did not let the Jets passing game operate, and he was disruptive in the run game.

We’d call this a breakout game, but Miller has been a star from day one. He has 9.5 sacks on the season. He has been a consistent force and continues to get better."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/18/there-is-no-tebowmania-without-von-miller/

Kaylore
11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5496083362_212ba545bb.jpg

TheChamp24
11-18-2011, 08:02 AM
I don't think he'll draw that much interest - hes a quality back but not dominant.

He's Michael Turner part 2 IMO and will command a hefty price.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5496083362_212ba545bb.jpg

Love it.

Also, people probably forgot about Von's pass defensed early in the game. Rushing the passer, but then dropped back and broke up a pass to Holmes that might've went for a TD.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 08:05 AM

Really? I guess I could be wrong but I see him being among the top offensive FA, especially at the RB spot.

Shananahan
11-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah Bush will get some love. Turner 2.0 is a good comparison.

I'm not a fan of spending big money on FA RBs and was terrified at the thought of them picking up Williams this past offseason, but I'd love it if they brought in Bush and a reasonable price.

gunns
11-18-2011, 08:17 AM

I'm not a fan of spending big money on FA RBs and was terrified at the thought of them picking up Williams this past offseason, but I'd love it if they brought in Bush and a reasonable price.

Me too.

I think Bush, at the right price, would be a nice compliment to the offense.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-18-2011, 08:39 AM

He already is

SonOfLe-loLang
11-18-2011, 08:41 AM
9.5 sacks...that's 3rd in the league, but we still have the weekend to go.

Elvis now has 5.5

for a total of 15

i wish someone could pull up the thread fromt he preseason about how many sacks the two would have. I remember some thinking von would have 6 and that would be a good season

vonqkilla
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I predicted 16 for Von I think.

What gets missed is how he effects offenses and our defensive assignments.

You can make a case Sanchez rushed the throw Goodman snagged.

His prescence forcing TEs and backs to stay in, one less guy to cover.

Which is why I love it when we play press coverage.

How about HOF Champ batting out the ball vs Holmes that was reviewed, incredible quick reaction from outside technique to switching his hips, and then getting his hand in there.

Are you kidding me!?!?! :-)

That was crazy.

Goodmans pick 6 was a great play as well, getting a hand on it, great concentration.

Just great d.

More press coverage!

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 11:49 AM

We have 25 mil under the cap though, not like we cant take some chances this offseason. We need to get Bunkley resigned though. To be a good football teams first two priorities should be keep your good players, draft well, then see what you can get in FA.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I predicted 16 for Von I think.

What gets missed is how he effects offenses and our defensive assignments.

You can make a case Sanchez rushed the throw Goodman snagged.

His prescence forcing TEs and backs to stay in, one less guy to cover.

Which is why I love it when we play press coverage.

How about HOF Champ batting out the ball vs Holmes that was reviewed, incredible quick reaction from outside technique to switching his hips, and then getting his hand in there.

Are you kidding me!?!?! :-)

That was crazy.

Goodmans pick 6 was a great play as well, getting a hand on it, great concentration.

Just great d.

More press coverage!

Also that open field tackle by carter that put Shon Green out was a nice hit. Carter starting to make some tackles 3 yrds short of the first down instead of 3 yrds past it. It's allowing Dawkins to not have to do as much.

Still that penlaty on Dawkins has me miffed.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM
i wish someone could pull up the thread fromt he preseason about how many sacks the two would have. I remember some thinking von would have 6 and that would be a good season

We sort of learned to shoot low. We used to be like how many yrds could a one legged man get at RB in Denver. MMMMMMM, only 1 leg huh, I'd say 1347 and 10 tds! We have had such a bad run, from Darrent being murdered, to how that ruined Walker and Marshall, to all the injuries, busted first round picks, FA like Gardner who take millions and never play etc etc. We just sort of were beaten down. Sort of makes me understand how Raider fans are just not right in the head. They love the team so much and look at what they go through. They are like the Palestinians of the NFL. They used to have this homeland, its was great, but now we just get screwed by the world every yr.

vonqkilla
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that was a weakass call on the unnecessary roughness, it was necessary.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that was a weakass call on the unnecessary roughness, it was necessary.

The ball was still catchable, he hit him in the shoulder pads, what the hell was the call? I mean how can the NFL look at that and say its good? BS is what it is and we have already seen big games decided by crap like this.

jutang
11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I got a bad feeling that the NFL is going to fine Miller again for those 2 hits on Sanchez. It is not dirty, but good hard hits to make a qb think twice about standing tall in the pocket.

No different than the hit Tebow took on the first option play when he didnt even have the ball. I doubt that player ?Pace is going to get fined.

ZONA
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Aint no fine for a hit
gonna stop Mr. Lagit

;D

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I got a bad feeling that the NFL is going to fine Miller again for those 2 hits on Sanchez. It is not dirty, but good hard hits to make a qb think twice about standing tall in the pocket.

No different than the hit Tebow took on the first option play when he didnt even have the ball. I doubt that player ?Pace is going to get fined.

I don't think so. They were not to the head or with the helmet. Surprised that last one wasnt called though. But maybe they are so busy watching for helmet to helmet, and to the knee, that you can get away with a bit more going to the midsection with a nice should pad to midsection hit. Just a guess though.

jutang
11-18-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't think so. They were not to the head or with the helmet. Surprised that last one wasnt called though. But maybe they are so busy watching for helmet to helmet, and to the knee, that you can get away with a bit more going to the midsection with a nice should pad to midsection hit. Just a guess though.

I really I'm wrong... but the way things are now a days it seems if the QB gets up with a grass stain it is a personnel foul.

The refs did a great job overall minus the Dawkins penalty.

Garcia Bronco
11-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Just watched the game again..and Wow!

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 07:06 PM
I really I'm wrong... but the way things are now a days it seems if the QB gets up with a grass stain it is a personnel foul.

The refs did a great job overall minus the Dawkins penalty.

You know what? I totally agree. That call not the refs fault, it's Goodells and the NFL league office. Letting the Miller hits on the qb go is fine with me!

Let the men play is my motto. The game no safer anyways we are seeing more low hits take people out then ever before.

Bronx33
11-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Just watched the game again..and Wow!

Now watch it naked.

Greatspirits
11-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Per Timmy, God Bless Von!!

ZONA
11-18-2011, 08:30 PM
You know what? I totally agree. That call not the refs fault, it's Goodells and the NFL league office. Letting the Miller hits on the qb go is fine with me!

Let the men play is my motto. The game no safer anyways we are seeing more low hits take people out then ever before.

You can't really do much more to protect the QB and still have it be pro level tackle football. Miller is doing exactly what he should be doing. He's not going to the helmet of the QB, he's not diving in at his knees. I think as long as a defender hits the QB in the chest and he's attempting to wrap him up as he tackles him, it's fine if the helmet hits the chest. If the defender was spearing the QB in the chest with his hands down and not going for the wrap up tackle, then I'd say you could throw a flag.

BMarsh615
11-19-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm not liking the video change. That Von Miller video brought him some good juju, you don't just change **** like that.

TDmvp
11-19-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm not liking the video change. That Von Miller video brought him some good juju, you don't just change **** like that.

:spit: O no ... pls don't let this be boob mojo thread all over again.:clown:

TomServo
11-19-2011, 01:31 AM
VM got away with late hits two weeks in a row,which is fine by me. but mark my words(just like rue the day) its gonna bite us in the butt at the worst time if no one has a word with the rookie. i can just see us shutting down P Rivers in the last minute next game and BAM!

Gutless Drunk
11-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Rookie Miller the quiet motor behind Broncos' recent success

And in other non-Tebow news from Denver ...

Rookie linebacker Von Miller's a keeper, and while the mania over Tim Tebow's play is the talk of the Rocky Mountain region, the Miller-led Broncos defense is the real reason why they've been able to come back late in scintillating games. And if the 5-5 Broncos are to stay in the AFC playoff race in the last six weeks, they'll need more of what Miller did against the Jets last week, starting Sunday in San Diego.

The transition from college pass-rusher to pro pass-rusher has eaten up some high draft picks in recent years. Aaron Curry, Jamaal Anderson, Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston and Derrick Morgan all either failed or are struggling mightily. But what's been eye-opening about Miller is his combo platter of speed and power. He leads all rookies with 9.5 sacks -- some from power moves, some from running around tackles -- and one against the Jets was a good example why the Broncos practically ran the card with his name to the draft podium last April when it was time to make the second overall pick.

If you watched the end of the Broncos' 17-13 victory, you saw Mark Sanchez set up to throw on a frenzied final New York drive, and you saw Miller lined up over the right tackle, Wayne Hunter. Miller weighs 243. Hunter's got Miller by 75 pounds; he's 318. At the snap of the ball, Hunter backpedaled to pass-block.
No finesse from Miller, who ran hard and exploded into Hunter, knocking him backward to the ground. Sanchez had no chance. Miller smothered him for an eight-yard sack.

It was one of those moments when you look at a play and just gasp. Once or twice a game, Lawrence Taylor would recklessly spring into Washington tackle Joe Jacoby and try to knock his block off 25 years ago, and very occasionally it would work. It's one of those common moves by a rusher just to let the tackle know you'll be coming with power occasionally, and not just with speed around the edge or quickness on a stunt. But the suddenness, the ferocity ... and the fact that Hunter, an eight-year vet, got schooled by a rookie in his 10th NFL game ... it just all combined to be memorable.

"When you're both just standing there,'' Miller told me by phone from Denver, "it looks like weight means a lot. But when you're both moving, it really doesn't matter. When you get 'em off-balance, weight really doesn't count for anything. He was off-balance. I was fortunate, really. But that's just part of the game I play.''

What those who have watched Miller all season have seen is the speed, the power and the effort. "I'm going to attack and give relentless effort, fanatical effort,'' he said. "That's my formula, and I'm sticking to it. I try to get off the ball as fast as possible and react to whatever the offense is trying to do to me. I don't really have any premeditated moves.''

If Miller's accomplished all this so far -- 9.5 sacks, 48 tackles, 3 forced fumbles and 3 passes defensed -- with no premeditated moves, imagine what he'll do when he's got some plans. He rushes now with a frenzied approach; maybe that will work for a career. John Randle and Kevin Greene played that way, and it took them far. But it's pretty exciting to see what Miller's going to become. Paired with Elvis Dumervil, there aren't many better bookend pass-rush tag-teams playing right now.

And so far, he's not unhappy about being in the monstrous Tebow shadow. "Tim's a rock star,'' Miller said.

That he is. But Miller's likely to be a bigger reason why Denver stays in contention -- if the Broncos can.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/11/25/week.12/index.html#ixzz1emGr5bZF

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/11/25/week.12/index.html#ixzz1emGjRVJy

cutthemdown
11-25-2011, 07:44 PM
VM got away with late hits two weeks in a row,which is fine by me. but mark my words(just like rue the day) its gonna bite us in the butt at the worst time if no one has a word with the rookie. i can just see us shutting down P Rivers in the last minute next game and BAM!

Yeah but he goes low usually, hits like league wants. They may be giving you an extra second to hit QB, but stay away from knees and head. We will see Miller so quick he covers those 2 steps he takes so fast refs aren't blowing the whistle.

Awesome.

cutthemdown
11-25-2011, 07:45 PM
You can't really do much more to protect the QB and still have it be pro level tackle football. Miller is doing exactly what he should be doing. He's not going to the helmet of the QB, he's not diving in at his knees. I think as long as a defender hits the QB in the chest and he's attempting to wrap him up as he tackles him, it's fine if the helmet hits the chest. If the defender was spearing the QB in the chest with his hands down and not going for the wrap up tackle, then I'd say you could throw a flag.

I agree. Miller using good form, feet stay on the ground, he doesn't launch into the air, he doesn't go up under the chin often, or to the knees. Those middle of the back hits, hits to the midsection are what NFL wants.

epicSocialism4tw
11-25-2011, 09:18 PM
What those who have watched Miller all season have seen is the speed, the power and the effort. "I'm going to attack and give relentless effort, fanatical effort,'' he said. "That's my formula, and I'm sticking to it. I try to get off the ball as fast as possible and react to whatever the offense is trying to do to me. I don't really have any premeditated moves.''

Good to see he's getting noticed.

Its good that his obliteration of Hunter came during a last-gasp drive by a team from New York...the biggest media market in the world. It was noticed by a lot of people.

He just has to finish out the year consistently to get ROY.

Broncoman13
11-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Not sure if it has been posted or not, but Von Miller was fined $25k as a "repeat offender". How does this rule work, third time gets you a game off?

Story:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/25/broncos-miller-fined-25000-for-hit-on-jets-sanchez/10876/

Agamemnon
11-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I agree. Miller using good form, feet stay on the ground, he doesn't launch into the air, he doesn't go up under the chin often, or to the knees. Those middle of the back hits, hits to the midsection are what NFL wants.

Unfortunately, he needs to improve on his helmet placement when hitting the QB. These rules are pure garbage, but that's the way it is in today's pussified NFL.

Popps
11-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Not sure if it has been posted or not, but Von Miller was fined $25k as a "repeat offender". How does this rule work, third time gets you a game off?

Story:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/25/broncos-miller-fined-25000-for-hit-on-jets-sanchez/10876/

He's repeatedly tackled quarterbacks. Not looked upon kindly by the league office.

http://toyxplosion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Nerf-Flag-Football-Set.JPG

gyldenlove
11-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Good to see he's getting noticed.

Its good that his obliteration of Hunter came during a last-gasp drive by a team from New York...the biggest media market in the world. It was noticed by a lot of people.

He just has to finish out the year consistently to get ROY.

Short of going all Perish Cox on someone underage he will run DROY.

TheChamp24
11-26-2011, 05:05 PM

Story:

The whole "leading with the helmet" aspect. Which to me is kind of ridiculous as if you are "diving" into the QB, guess what comes first, your head. Its not like he was purposely trying to spear someone/ie go for the head.

Garcia Bronco
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Now watch it naked.

OMG that was even better.

TomServo
11-27-2011, 02:24 AM
toldya we would RUE. i still hope miller a dum knock rivers stupid