PDA

View Full Version : Why Tebow throwing more is the answer

mkporter
11-17-2011, 05:19 PM
I think Fox has this all wrong, he needs to have Tebow throw more during the game. Or maybe just play a scrimmage beforehand:

enjolras
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Attempts 21+ (maybe even below that) have generally come against really soft prevent defenses... that's good for the completion rate.

Ronnie Tsunami
11-17-2011, 06:02 PM
I'd argue that most of those later throws were against prevent defenses with limited pass rush/pressure

Popps
11-17-2011, 06:10 PM
What about the the prevent defense angle?

Armchair Bronco
11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
We need to see Tebow in the shotgun pretty much all the time and in a hurry-up offense. Just like Skip Bayless has been saying for months.

Tebow's accuracy will go up *BASED ON FORMATIONS*, not on number of passes thrown per game.

Jay3
11-17-2011, 06:12 PM
They were not "prevent defenses" in the Miami game or the Chargers game.

People use "prevent defense" too broadly. Just because it's the 2 minute offense on the field doesn't mean the defense is "prevent."

Tebow starts slinging it when there's nothing to lose. He's tentative in the first half because he doesn't like interceptions.

Doggcow
11-17-2011, 06:27 PM
They were not "prevent defenses" in the Miami game or the Chargers game.

People use "prevent defense" too broadly. Just because it's the 2 minute offense on the field doesn't mean the defense is "prevent."

Tebow starts slinging it when there's nothing to lose. He's tentative in the first half because he doesn't like interceptions.

I feel like Tebow might be afraid he will get pulled for a couple bad passes.

The regime doesn't seem behind him enough.

I wish they'd just say "This is your team, win or lose, until week 17" and see how it affects his throws.