PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' McGahee to play vs. Jets despite hamstring injury

bronclvr
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Denver's cautious approach to Willis McGahee's injured left hamstring has paid off, as a league source said Thursday that the Broncos' running back will play against the New York Jets, barring a setback in warm ups prior to kickoff.

NFL Network is your home for Thursday Night Football. Catch all eight games live and in HD.

McGahee was limited during the Broncos' two practices this week and was listed as questionable on the team's Wednesday injury report, casting doubt on his status for Thursday night's game.

Coach John Fox, however, told reporters Monday that McGahee could have re-entered the Broncos' Week 10 win over the Kansas Chiefs in an emergency situation, but the team decided to play it conservative with an eye on the Jets game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82436c4e/article/broncos-mcgahee-to-play-vs-jets-despite-hamstring-injury?module=HP11_headline_stack

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhns
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
I figured since we only have two other active RBs. It would be pretty risky to go into a game with two RBs when you run as much as we do.

This is great news though. We will need McGahee to have any chance at beating better teams.

Steve Prefontaine
11-18-2011, 12:05 AM
McGahee didn't look right tonight. It's great Denver has the extra few days before the SD game. Hopefully McGahee will be closer to 100%.

broncocalijohn
11-18-2011, 12:06 AM
McGahee didn't look right tonight. It's great Denver has the extra few days before the SD game. Hopefully McGahee will be closer to 100%.

Yet Johnson didnt seem to get many touches. Nothing was working much between the tackles for most of the game so I wonder about that and why Tebow didnt run on his own more before the final drive.

Steve Prefontaine
11-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Yet Johnson didnt seem to get many touches. Nothing was working much between the tackles for most of the game so I wonder about that and why Tebow didnt run on his own more before the final drive.

I wondered that as well during the game.

Ball is a very average RB, but he honestly looked better than Willis tonight. Considering that, it makes this win even sweeter.