PDA

View Full Version : NFP: Tebow vs the Jets defense

Chris
11-17-2011, 08:21 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tebow-vs-the-Jets-defense-what-to-watch-for.html

Lets’ talk Jets-Broncos as we lead up to kickoff tonight out in Denver. The matchup I want to see? QB Tim Tebow vs. Rex Ryan’s defense. With a legit secondary—and pressure up front—we should learn a lot about the Broncos' QB tonight.

Here are three things I want to see from Tebow tonight...

strafen
11-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Coming into this game tonight. I was hoping that Tebow at this point would've had enough passing attempts in his previous 4 starts for me to call this game a crucial, tell-all game as far as what we have in Tebow.

That said, we're going against arguably one of the "elite" teams in the NFL.
A team that is well-coached, has a solid defense and it's the first best team out of a couple other teams we will playing this season where the Broncos under Tebow will be evaluated mercilessly. I'm pretty sure they're calling all of Tebow's previous wins flukes, because everytime he wins, it's always against a bad team that has a horrible running defense and all that BS we've heard so far.

So tonight, we get to see how creative we are offensively.
Are we going to throw a wrinkle or two in the passing game nobody has seen yet?
I doubt it...

Smiling Assassin27
11-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Can a mediocre and inexperienced option beat an excellent but tired team that came across the country and hasn't had to defend the option for a sustained 4 quarters?

I believe it can if it gets off to a good start by scoring some points early. If this team gets behind early, we play into the Jets' hands by having to throw into that secondary. The Jets are not gonna score 30 on us. They probably won't even get 21 on us, IMO, so points early will allow us to strangle the clock at minimal risk of turnovers.

19-14 Broncos

BroncoBen
11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
That said, we're going against arguably one of the "elite" teams in the NFL.
A team that is well-coached, has a solid defense and it's the first best team out of a couple other teams we will playing this season where the Broncos under Tebow will be evaluated mercilessly. I'm pretty sure they're calling all of Tebow's previous wins flukes, because everytime he wins, it's always against a bad team that has a horrible running defense and all that BS we've heard so far.

I don't know if I would call the Jets a 'elite' team, I put them on the par of the Lions right now. So its going to be a tough game, Jets win something like 24-10.

ludo21
11-17-2011, 09:02 AM
The key for us vs the Raiders was 4 quarters of punching them in the mouth.

Vs. the Chiefs we wore down at the end and did not run well in the 4th quarter as we did in the beginning of the game. If the Jets stop the run, the PA we can call from the read is plentiful.

Also, jsut running the crap out of the ball the last 2 games gives us an auto PA for the forseeable future, even if they shut us down early. which is awesome.

TonyR
11-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Tebow will have to make some throws, work against a top tier secondary that plays press-coverage and move the sticks. No question Revis, Cromartie, etc. will sit on some routes and jump underneath inside breaking concepts. However, to win this game (and stay in the AFC West discussion), we need to see Tebow throw the dig route, the 7 (corner) and convert in the 3-step game. And there is nowhere to hide vs. the Jets’ secondary.

This largely summarizes my concerns. I haven't seen enough to expect us to succeed in this area. Hope I'm wrong but I see the Jets winning fairly easily.

bendog
11-17-2011, 09:18 AM
This largely summarizes my concerns. I haven't seen enough to expect us to succeed in this area. Hope I'm wrong but I see the Jets winning fairly easily.

yeah, I don't see Tebow being able to do this currently. I'm not without hope, but from the past three games (and the miracle in mia) it's the receivers making plays in coverage. the jests have more talented dbs than den has talent at reciever. It'd be nice if D.Thomas was healthy, but that probably will never happen.

enjolras
11-17-2011, 10:05 AM
The key for us vs the Raiders was 4 quarters of punching them in the mouth.

Vs. the Chiefs we wore down at the end and did not run well in the 4th quarter as we did in the beginning of the game. If the Jets stop the run, the PA we can call from the read is plentiful.

I don't think this is true. When I went back and watched the game again, I found many cases towards the end of the game where big running lanes were available and Ball just didn't have the vision to find them. On several occasions he turned 15 yard gains into 3 yard gains by actively cutting the wrong direction.

Hopefully some film study will help him there, but really we need McGahee. With McGahee last week it was a 14-17 point win.

CEH
11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I have a feeling Tebow will be a marked man. NYJ will give up the dive and force Tebow to stay at home or pay the price for keeping the ball. This might be a game where we see Tebow take alot of hits.

bendog
11-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I have a feeling Tebow will be a marked man. NYJ will give up the dive and force Tebow to stay at home or pay the price for keeping the ball. This might be a game where we see Tebow take alot of hits.

I'd like to see it. Gotta find out if he can be the guy, one way or another. I am dubious of any qb being able to get hit on 250 or so running plays and taking hits on another 320 passing attempts and still being effective.