PDA

View Full Version : Fox on Tebow

Spider
11-17-2011, 02:55 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/John-Fox-Tim-Tebow-would-be-8216-screwed-821?urn=nfl-wp11923
John Fox: Tim Tebow would be ‘screwed’ in a normal offense

Bronco Yoda
11-17-2011, 03:03 AM
I saw that yesterday on NFL Network. Ya gotta love the honesty.

Tom Brady would also be screwed in our Offense. I say go with it while we're building up the rest of our team.

The Religious/Gator Tebowites should brace themselves that this might not work out.

The haters should brace themselves that Tebow just might develop into something special.

The rest of us just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

Spider
11-17-2011, 03:26 AM
I saw that yesterday on NFL Network. Ya gotta love the honesty.

Tom Brady would also be screwed in our Offense. I say go with it while we're building up the rest of our team.

The Religious/Gator Tebowites should brace themselves that this might not work out.

The haters should brace themselves that Tebow just might develop into something special.

agreed ;D

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 03:45 AM
Hopefully Tebow will want to be on the Broncos either way. I think if he got a fair shake to be a QB and it wasn't working even Tebow would want to stay in the NFL and switch positions. He would be a great fb/hb/bkup qb utility player. He may end up a great starting qb though if he can improve his throwing some.

Bronco Yoda
11-17-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm amazed at how Patient of a runner he is. Look at that last TD run. He could really coach up Moreno and teach him a thing or two.

MacGruder
11-17-2011, 04:33 AM
The problem isn't Tebow's passing.. It's Fox's coaching...

Tebow has shown he can pass just fine when he is coached properly - when he coaches himself..

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 04:43 AM

Tebow has shown he can pass just fine when he is coached properly - when he coaches himself..

Are you serious? Fox doing more then any coach in the league would to try and make Tebow work. Really many of his throws last week could have been caught. I won't say should because on some of them the defender was making it tough. I think Fox has done a great job with the Broncos. Just what we needed. Just the defensive game plan and theories seem far sounder then the last few yrs.

Spider
11-17-2011, 04:44 AM

Naturally , After all Tebow was the best passing QB evah ...... Stupid coach fox

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm amazed at how Patient of a runner he is. Look at that last TD run. He could really coach up Moreno and teach him a thing or two.

Most qbs don't like to run up inside like Tebow will. I sort of wish he would wear a flack jacket no matter what lol. Not like his throwing can get much worst lol. I'm just worried some 265 pound linebacker going to get into his midsection and cause some damage.

I hope not though I really like the kid.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Naturally , After all Tebow was the best passing QB evah ...... Stupid coach fox

I never paid much attention to his posts, but i had seen others lambasting him in other threads. LOL now I know why. He's the poster boy for legalizing throat punching.

Spider
11-17-2011, 04:52 AM
I never paid much attention to his posts, but i had seen others lambasting him in other threads. LOL now I know why. He's the poster boy for legalizing throat punching.

LMAO well his truth and 3 stages thing and the youre projecting and his serious man crush on Tebow is enough to make tebows mom take ludes when talking to this ass hat

Jay3
11-17-2011, 04:58 AM

Those are the groups as you see them? I continue to be amazed that people can't see Tebow's popularity as very broad, and not entirely explainable.

I can imagine how unenjoyable Broncos football would be if I kept insisting to myself that Tebow was this popular because of religion and because he went to a football school with a fan base.

You should open your mind to the possibility that kid attracts fans like flies for reasons that go beyond that. It's more fun that way.

(All that Chuck Norris, "it's not gay if it's with Tebow" and other jokes were tacit acknowledgments of the kid's tendency to generate man-crushes for some reason).

MacGruder
11-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Are you serious? Fox doing more then any coach in the league would to try and make Tebow work. Really many of his throws last week could have been caught. I won't say should because on some of them the defender was making it tough. I think Fox has done a great job with the Broncos. Just what we needed. Just the defensive game plan and theories seem far sounder then the last few yrs.

Do you realize how good the Broncos could be if they had started Tebow from the beginning of the season? If they had prepped Tebow properly? Tebow is winning in spite of Fox.. but he can only do that for so long..

Blueflame
11-17-2011, 04:59 AM
You're on a witch hunt, Spider... :P

MacGruder
11-17-2011, 05:03 AM
People sat Tebow can't pass yet he has made clutch passes to win games Orton NEVER made.

And he has dominated running the ball because of this threat of the pass. It is amazing how people join in on the witch hunt just because everyone spouts the same nonsense...

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Do you realize how good the Broncos could be if they had started Tebow from the beginning of the season? If they had prepped Tebow properly? Tebow is winning in spite of Fox.. but he can only do that for so long..

Tebow wins with intangibles which are hard to see in practice. I'm not surprised the coaches were like wow his throwing needs a ton of work. Fox not the best coach in the NFL, he's sort of avg, but he's doing a good job right now. The defense looks better, the draft picks look good, Decker playing well, Kuper back playing well, Doom finally looking healthy etc etc.

Lot's to be excited about.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 05:10 AM
People sat Tebow can't pass yet he has made clutch passes to win games Orton NEVER made.

And he has dominated running the ball because of this threat of the pass. It is amazing how people join in on the witch hunt just because everyone spouts the same nonsense...

No the deep passes possible because of the threat of the run. The running working because its a dual threat, Tebow and a RB and its freezing the dline, making them not attack. The NFL is all about attacking on the LOS and against Broncos its tough.

His release and windup are slow, and his pass sort of wobbles sometimes. But i agree some of those deep balls getting better.

Part of the problem is none of our backs or TE very good weapons in the passing game. Someone like Sproles would be nice. A little fireplug to run screens and short passes to.

Still you have a lot of hate for a coach that has only had half a season.

Blueflame
11-17-2011, 05:11 AM
You forgot special teams, Cut. There's a lot to be said for "no longer consistently losing the field position battles".

Jay3
11-17-2011, 05:13 AM

This is one of the reasons I was so disappointed to see how things were handled with Tebow from the very beginning. That "open audition" in practice is not going to be his game. It's not that he's a "bad" practice player. It's just that 70% of his value is completely irrelevant in practice.

I thought when the Broncos drafted him, they were going to go on a path with a purpose from the beginning, maybe trading Orton, or maybe using Orton like the Vikings used McNabb. When they kept sticking with Orton, kept with the fiction that Orton wasn't at all a problem, it was painful to watch.

My best hope was that Tim was using the time to work on some things. But nothing compares to this kind of development.

The Broncos wasted a lot of time -- they could have had some answers sooner, and if they liked the answers, they could be reaping the benefit of about 20 more games of intensive development with Tebow.

MacGruder
11-17-2011, 06:17 AM
No the deep passes possible because of the threat of the run. The running working because its a dual threat, Tebow and a RB and its freezing the dline, making them not attack. The NFL is all about attacking on the LOS and against Broncos its tough.

I don't see it that way.. Tebow is not that dominant of a runner. It's his combination of abilities that makes him so good.

If Tebow couldn't pass teams would DARE Tebow to run and hammer him all game. If what you were saying was true then guys that supposedly can pass and throw would be playing better than Tebow.. like Cam and Vick.. HE is outplaying them. So how do you explain that if he can't pass and run at a very high level.. I have seen Tebow make passes in these games Cam and Vick have not made in clutch times. And Tebow is doing it with far less talent.

His release and windup are slow, and his pass sort of wobbles sometimes. But i agree some of those deep balls getting better.

His deep passing is the strongest part of his game. He was arguably the best deep passer in college... even in high school you could see this ability.

Tebow is also not the only guy that throws wobbly balls. He just has a big magnifying glass on him..

Part of the problem is none of our backs or TE very good weapons in the passing game. Someone like Sproles would be nice. A little fireplug to run screens and short passes to.

Still you have a lot of hate for a coach that has only had half a season.

Dude.. he had the perfect offense to use Tebow in.. McD had built it and they had a guy to run it in McCoy... but Fox changed it and went with Orton.. why?

IF Fox knew what he was doing he should have known Orton had no chance of success this season. This all played out last season. It seems like Fox watched no tape of Tebow and no tape of Orton...

I don't even think Fox gives a rats arse about offense. I think all he cares about is his defense and that is why he stinks as a coach. That philosophy might have worked in the 80's but it doesn't work now.

MacGruder
11-17-2011, 06:41 AM
This is one of the reasons I was so disappointed to see how things were handled with Tebow from the very beginning. That "open audition" in practice is not going to be his game. It's not that he's a "bad" practice player. It's just that 70% of his value is completely irrelevant in practice.

I agree. And the Broncos brain trust seemed to give Tebow no direction in the off season. Compare that to how Cam was groomed in the off season.. it's night and day. I wouldn't be surprised of Fox geared things in training camp to play to Orton's strengths and Tebow's weaknesses, too.

I think Fox had made up his mind about Orton long before because he loves that type of QB and he especially loved Orton's ability to play off the play action off the run game. Which is what Fox even tried to force Tebow to run. Because it helps Fox's defense by running all the time.

I thought when the Broncos drafted him, they were going to go on a path with a purpose from the beginning, maybe trading Orton, or maybe using Orton like the Vikings used McNabb. When they kept sticking with Orton, kept with the fiction that Orton wasn't at all a problem, it was painful to watch.

Absolutely.. how could any competent coach do this? The only thing I can guess that isn't incompetence is that they thought they could win in the short term with Orton and develop Tebow.. but it really didn't seem like they were even trying to develop Tebow at all this season. This really plays into the sabotage argument.

My best hope was that Tim was using the time to work on some things. But nothing compares to this kind of development.

The Broncos wasted a lot of time -- they could have had some answers sooner, and if they liked the answers, they could be reaping the benefit of about 20 more games of intensive development with Tebow.

Exactly.. 20 wasted games.. and the sad part is that they could have done what they were doing now from DAY ONE (just rely on Tebow's athleticism). And Tebow could have gotten practice reps with the starters the entire time! And worked in the pro game the whole time... It is so frustrating..

cmhargrove
11-17-2011, 06:48 AM
We need a new thread title, the current one just sounds wrong... I just read a Penn state article, then saw this thread.

Can't erase that...

strafen
11-17-2011, 07:02 AM
In before MacGruder

jhns
11-17-2011, 07:13 AM
This interview has a multiple page thread that has been on the front page since yesterday morning... It was the best article posted yesterday. I don't get why people that can't read use internet forums. It just doesn't make sense.

Here is an actual article on this interview.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101304

LetsGoBroncos
11-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Can someone tell me how to start a new thread. Every time I do and click submit I get an error message

jhns
11-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Can someone tell me how to start a new thread. Every time I do and click submit I get an error message

Make the title one character, then edit it after submitting the thread.

footstepsfrom#27
11-17-2011, 08:29 AM
The problem is, he couldn't be prepped properly since there was a lockout this summer and more than any player in the league, he needed that time. Factor in the consideration that he got almost no reps under McDaniels till he was thrown in there the last three games, and the fact that they went with Orton early on producing the same effect till just a month ago, and now what we're seeing is a guy who never got the prep time he needed up till now and yet he's still getting it done.

Imagine if we're not stupid and he continues to progress in the passing game...now imagine we have foresight to go get a better OC and have a year to draft and plan for putting guys on the field that fit his skill set, and this guy could be very very special a year or so down the road when his game begins to round into shape from an NFL perspective.

Spider
11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
This interview has a multiple page thread that has been on the front page since yesterday morning... It was the best article posted yesterday. I don't get why people that can't read use internet forums. It just doesn't make sense.

Here is an actual article on this interview.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101304

f it bothers you so much why open the thread then Biatch about it ? Kinda hard to go through all of these threads on a smart phone ....I know you dont get any assistance(:rofl:) , but maybe those people who didnt give you any assistance to go to school can get you a smart phone ....... Just a suggestion

jhns
11-17-2011, 08:31 AM
f it bothers you so much why open the thread then Biatch about it ? Kinda hard to go through all of these threads on a smart phone ....I know you dont get any assistance(:rofl:) , but maybe those people who didnt give you any assistance to go to school can get you a smart phone ....... Just a suggestion

I only post from my HTC Evo. Nice excuse though.

bendog
11-17-2011, 08:40 AM

donkey punch

Spider
11-17-2011, 08:45 AM
I only post from my HTC Evo. Nice excuse though.

Still doesnt answer why you opened it , then biatched about it ...... Seeing how you was born with a siver spoon in your mouth maybe you need the drama huh ? could that be it ?

jhns
11-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Still doesnt answer why you opened it , then biatched about it ...... Seeing how you was born with a siver spoon in your mouth maybe you need the drama huh ? could that be it ?

It is pretty fun to point out how dumb you are.

The better question is, why are you posting threads on a board you don't read?

Spider
11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
It is pretty fun to point out how dumb you are.

The better question is, why are you posting threads on a board you don't read?

dodging I see ....well nothing wrong with a little drama I suppose ...If it keeps you happy

peacepipe
11-17-2011, 09:03 AM
The problem is, he couldn't be prepped properly since there was a lockout this summer and more than any player in the league, he needed that time. Factor in the consideration that he got almost no reps under McDaniels till he was thrown in there the last three games, and the fact that they went with Orton early on producing the same effect till just a month ago, and now what we're seeing is a guy who never got the prep time he needed up till now and yet he's still getting it done.

Imagine if we're not stupid and he continues to progress in the passing game...now imagine we have foresight to go get a better OC and have a year to draft and plan for putting guys on the field that fit his skill set, and this guy could be very very special a year or so down the road when his game begins to round into shape from an NFL perspective.andy daulton wasn't properly prepped either. tebow at least was going into his 2nd season in the same offense. aaron rodgers sat for 3 yrs without a lot of reps.

AlphaSeirra
11-17-2011, 09:08 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/John-Fox-Tim-Tebow-would-be-8216-screwed-821?urn=nfl-wp11923

Fox has now proven to be EXACTLY what I thought he was, a LOSER & IDIOT.

Fox drafted Jimmy 'da pickle' Clausen. (genius meet genius)
Fox coached and trained Jimmy from draft day to opening day.
Jimmy threw 3 TD's to 9 Ints and got benched.
At seasons end, Fox got FIRED by the lowly Panthers for HIS incompetence.

Bowlen hired Elway.
Elway & Bowlen hired Fox.
Fox & Elway hired McCoy

Tebow got screwed by that succession of DUMB moves/hires, imoho.

Using a 'normal' offense in 2010 as a 'cold start' rookie, what did Tebow do?

Passing - 9 gms, 3 GS, 41 of 82, 50%, for 654 yds, 15.95 yds/comp, 5 TD's, 3 Ints, PER 82.1 (current PER 81.6)
Rushing - 43 for 227, 5.3 ypc, 6 TD's, ZERO lost poss fumbles.
(That a Better first 3 starts than 5 of the best QB's in NFL history.)

Proving to me that the real reason that Tim won't be a great QB at Denver is due to Bowlen/Elway/Fox,
and not due to any deficiency on Tim's part.

Until Elway 'grows' into his job and hires a 'real' HBC, I see the long time Denver fans suffering no matter
WHO they have on the players roster. To Bad!

What the heck could Elway/Bowlen been thinking when they hired that moron to be their HBC ???

Spider
11-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Fox has now proven to be EXACTLY what I thought he was, a LOSER & IDIOT.

Fox drafted Jimmy 'da pickle' Clausen. (genius meet genius)
Fox coached and trained Jimmy from draft day to opening day.
Jimmy threw 3 TD's to 9 Ints and got benched.
At seasons end, Fox got FIRED by the lowly Panthers for HIS incompetence.

Bowlen hired Elway.
Elway & Bowlen hired Fox.
Fox & Elway hired McCoy

Tebow got screwed by that succession of DUMB moves/hires, imoho.

Using a 'normal' offense in 2010 as a 'cold start' rookie, what did Tebow do?

Passing - 9 gms, 3 GS, 41 of 82, 50%, for 654 yds, 15.95 yds/comp, 5 TD's, 3 Ints, PER 82.1 (current PER 81.6) Thanks for sharing Bro , i was on pins and needles wondering how you felt about this .....

jhns
11-17-2011, 09:19 AM
dodging I see ....well nothing wrong with a little drama I suppose ...If it keeps you happy

Dodging what? Damn you are dumb.

Spider
11-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Dodging what? Damn you are dumb.

Of why you opened this thread then went drama queen ...for a smart guy , you sure do miss alot ...

bendog
11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
T never got the prep time he needed up till now and yet he's still getting it done.

Imagine if we're not stupid and he continues to progress in the passing game...now imagine we have foresight to go get a better OC and have a year to draft and plan for putting guys on the field that fit his skill set, and this guy could be very very special a year or so down the road when his game begins to round into shape from an NFL perspective.

McCoy's not going anywhere. Besides what I don't get about some here is that we have virtually no tailback beyond an over the hill refugee, a rook OT who struggles pass blocking, an iffy interior line, very little talent at WR, and they've got an offense that is entertaining at least against the other suck ass teams, and for all we know at this pt might even give the Jests some problems.

As for tebow's lack of preparation, the one question that so far as I know none of the crack denver writers has asked this organization or tebow was why didn't tebow hire his own coach to work on mechanics during the lockout? Wasn't he told that the team wanted him to be able to function in an nfl offense, or did he just not pay attention?

jhns
11-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Of why you opened this thread then went drama queen ...for a smart guy , you sure do miss alot ...

I clearly did address this. Again, why do you use a medium based on reading if you can't read?

jhns
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
McCoy's not going anywhere. Besides what I don't get about some here is that we have virtually no tailback beyond an over the hill refugee, a rook OT who struggles pass blocking, an iffy interior line, very little talent at WR, and they've got an offense that is entertaining at least against the other suck ass teams, and for all we know at this pt might even give the Jests some problems.

As for tebow's lack of preparation, the one question that so far as I know none of the crack denver writers has asked this organization or tebow was why didn't tebow hire his own coach to work on mechanics during the lockout? Wasn't he told that the team wanted him to be able to function in an nfl offense, or did he just not pay attention?

He did hire a guy and people have provided links for you multiple times. What a clown.

Bronco Yoda
11-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Those are the groups as you see them? I continue to be amazed that people can't see Tebow's popularity as very broad, and not entirely explainable.

I can imagine how unenjoyable Broncos football would be if I kept insisting to myself that Tebow was this popular because of religion and because he went to a football school with a fan base.

You should open your mind to the possibility that kid attracts fans like flies for reasons that go beyond that. It's more fun that way.

(All that Chuck Norris, "it's not gay if it's with Tebow" and other jokes were tacit acknowledgments of the kid's tendency to generate man-crushes for some reason).

Yeah, I admit that was a little over simplifying. Things get so polarized here though. You must excuse my extreme simple mindedness. You can teach me oh wise one.

Bronco Yoda
11-17-2011, 10:35 AM
You forgot special teams, Cut. There's a lot to be said for "no longer consistently losing the field position battles".

Good point. They've really improved this. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Complimentary football all around.

Spider
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
I clearly did address this. Again, why do you use a medium based on reading if you can't read?

So you opened up a thread and cried about it , and you say it is to show me how dumb I am ? wow , you sure showed me ........ LMAO you pampered assed sissy boys ......

bendog
11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
He did hire a guy and people have provided links for you multiple times. What a clown.

jizz, you might want to look at the guy's history.

jhns
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM
So you opened up a thread and cried about it , and you say it is to show me how dumb I am ? wow , you sure showed me ........ LMAO you pampered assed sissy boys ......

You can't read. I didn't say that I did it to show you how dumb you are.

Look at the little trucker thinking he is tough as he sits behind a screen. How cute.

jhns
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM
jizz, you might want to look at the guy's history.

You might want to consider an education.

RaiderH8r
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM

I put that on Gase not Fox. I made the point early in the season that if we drafted Luck, Barkley, Jones, etc would this staff leave their development in Gase's hands? The answer is likely not so WTF are they doing leaving Tebow's future in Gase's hands?

Conversely, this winning thing takes pressure off and this offense and team may actually be coming together a little bit and starting to build something. If we actually add a passing game to this defenses will be pissing down their legs. Now we just need some NFL caliber play from our WR corps.

bendog
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I put that on Gase not Fox. I made the point early in the season that if we drafted Luck, Barkley, Jones, etc would this staff leave their development in Gase's hands? The answer is likely not so WTF are they doing leaving Tebow's future in Gase's hands?

Conversely, this winning thing takes pressure off and this offense and team may actually be coming together a little bit and starting to build something. If we actually add a passing game to this defenses will be pissing down their legs. Now we just need some NFL caliber play from our WR corps.

the last thing Magruder was right about .... wait, he's been wrong about anything he's ever posted.

Bronco Yoda
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I predict we bring in BVP as backup next year.

(ducking head as I run from the room :) )

BroncoMan4ever
11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
it's the truth. he is is no way disrespecting or trashing his QB, he is simply stating the obvious that Tebow would not fit in a conventional offense. the things that Tebow brings to the table aren't conventional, and to force him solely into a Tom Brady style of offense would be like cutting his balls off.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Maybe its just a ruse and tonight we throw a regular offense at Jets and roll up 300 passing yrds.

Dedhed
11-17-2011, 01:28 PM

That's a crappy hack of an article. You can read an actual article by the guy who interviewed Fox at NFL.com

DrFate
11-17-2011, 01:55 PM
At this point I wish Fox would simply stop talking...

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 02:08 PM

No doubt. Outside of the punters fumble which really stunk he's been really good. We have had a couple big returns and not given up near as many as before. If we are going to play this gimmick option offense the Broncos need to play really well on special teams.

Blueflame
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
No doubt. Outside of the punters fumble which really stunk he's been really good. We have had a couple big returns and not given up near as many as before. If we are going to play this gimmick option offense the Broncos need to play really well on special teams.

It always helps if we can get a shorter field for our team while giving the other team a longer one. :)