PDA

View Full Version : Video of all 8 of Tebow's passes

Killericon
11-16-2011, 02:04 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AjzIShKrZ9I" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

WARNING: I don't necessarily think he's right about the passes, it's just good to see them all.

Inkana7
11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Whoever made the captions to that video should be stabbed.

jhns
11-16-2011, 02:10 PM
All bad passes. Tebow is obviously bad for the team. Everyone else is perfect and he is holding them back!

BabyTO
11-16-2011, 02:16 PM
#1 = drop -> great throw
#2 = PI -> great throw
#3 = underthrown but catchable with some adjustment -> still not a good throw
#4 = clearly a drop and easy catch to make
#5 = catchable but defender punched it out - decent throw
#6 = nothing special here, decent throw, everybody should make that throw
#7 = fox says it was a smart play and if you look at it the corner was jumping the route and could have gone all the way had tebow thrown it to the receiver.
#8 perfect throw obviously

so all in all say what you want about those 2 completion-stat. if you look at the tape the only reason he didnt complete more balls was because his receivers didnt make any plays except for decker at the end with that one catch. i think tebow looked good throwing the ball. he makes the plays we need him to make to win games, what else do you want. the rest he does with his feet. who said wins with a dropback QB are more important than wins with a scrambler. a win is a win, and right now we are winning and defenses cant stop this offense. and tebow is the only reason why. you take tebow out, this offense goes dead again. the same way it way with orton in there. no running game, no passing game, no nothing. tebow gives us a great running game and he makes bigplays in the passing game as well without turning the ball over

teknic
11-16-2011, 02:17 PM
The second deep pass to Decker was completely underthrown. The first to Decker was definitely catchable, and the deep pass to Royal was perfect.

maher_tyler
11-16-2011, 02:18 PM
That 2nd ball to Decker was badly under thrown. Tim leads him better and that's 6! The one in the dirt could have been completed with a back shoulder throw. Tough throw with a DB making a break for the ball.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2011, 02:19 PM
I dont agree with the one where he thinks deck went in, instead of out, but everything else is fair. The more i watch that first one, i just cant see how thats a bad pass

maher_tyler
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
The second deep pass to Decker was completely underthrown. The first to Decker was definitely catchable, and the deep pass to Royal was perfect.

I think on that Royal throw its a completion if it's Thomas due to him being taller!

teknic
11-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I think on that Royal throw its a completion if it's Thomas due to him being taller!

Very likely.

What is upsetting though is that Lloyd would have been making all of these catches. He was amazing at adjusting to the throw and timing his jumps. Why did we trade away our only legitimate deep threat receiver if we were going to chuck it deep so often? 50% of Tebow's passes were deep throws...

maher_tyler
11-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Very likely.

What is upsetting though is that Lloyd would have been making all of these catches. He was amazing at adjusting to the throw and timing his jumps. Why did we trade away our only legitimate deep threat receiver if we were going to chuck it deep so often? 50% of Tebow's passes were deep throws...

Obviously no intention on resigning him. So they prolly just figured they'd get something for him while they could. It's also been said he was a disruption in the locker room.

HILife
11-16-2011, 02:41 PM
going to be a short video.

gyldenlove
11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
That 2nd ball to Decker was badly under thrown. Tim leads him better and that's 6! The one in the dirt could have been completed with a back shoulder throw. Tough throw with a DB making a break for the ball.

The 2 first deep passes to Decker are horribly underthrown, on the first Decker has a step and if Tebow puts that ball 6 yards to the right it is a 6, but because Decker has to stop the DB recovers and bats the ball. The 2nd pass to Decker was badly underthrown as well, too short which allows the CB to deflect it even though Decker stops to come back.

The Lance Ball drop, Ball really has to do a better job of securing the ball or getting his body in a better position to not allow the easy swat.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
The 2 first deep passes to Decker are horribly underthrown, on the first Decker has a step and if Tebow puts that ball 6 yards to the right it is a 6, but because Decker has to stop the DB recovers and bats the ball. The 2nd pass to Decker was badly underthrown as well, too short which allows the CB to deflect it even though Decker stops to come back.

The Lance Ball drop, Ball really has to do a better job of securing the ball or getting his body in a better position to not allow the easy swat.

I disagree that the first is horribly underthrown. Its underthrown, but thats a ball he needs to catch and its not like he had to come back to it much. The second deep ball to decker was just a horrible pass

TJ96
11-16-2011, 02:53 PM
What a great article (http://thexlog.com/201111161651/xtra-point-football/nfl/tim-tebow-the-absence-of-evidence-is-not-the-evidence-of-absence/) on Tebow and his style of play. Also, check out the funny video.

Pick Six
11-16-2011, 02:54 PM
It absolutely WAS PI. The cornerback had ahold of Royal's arm. I'm glad I saw Decker's TD catch, again. I saw Decker throw the ball against the wall, but I never saw the salute. I actually thought they called Decker for throwing the ball after the TD...

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2011, 02:55 PM
#1 = drop -> great throw
#2 = PI -> great throw
#3 = underthrown but catchable with some adjustment -> still not a good throw
#4 = clearly a drop and easy catch to make
#5 = catchable but defender punched it out - decent throw
#6 = nothing special here, decent throw, everybody should make that throw
#7 = fox says it was a smart play and if you look at it the corner was jumping the route and could have gone all the way had tebow thrown it to the receiver.
#8 perfect throw obviously

so all in all say what you want about those 2 completion-stat. if you look at the tape the only reason he didnt complete more balls was because his receivers didnt make any plays except for decker at the end with that one catch. i think tebow looked good throwing the ball. he makes the plays we need him to make to win games, what else do you want. the rest he does with his feet. who said wins with a dropback QB are more important than wins with a scrambler. a win is a win, and right now we are winning and defenses cant stop this offense. and tebow is the only reason why. you take tebow out, this offense goes dead again. the same way it way with orton in there. no running game, no passing game, no nothing. tebow gives us a great running game and he makes bigplays in the passing game as well without turning the ball over

re: #7...no way, it was just a **** pass

jhns
11-16-2011, 02:56 PM
re: #7...no way, it was just a **** pass

So you think of all the bad passes, Fox randomly defended this one because...

Tombstone RJ
11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AjzIShKrZ9I" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

WARNING: I don't necessarily think he's right about the passes, it's just good to see them all.

I only count 7 passes but maybe I'm missing something. I agree that there was basically 1 really bad pass. The others are more on the receivers than on Tebow.

Of course the same can be said for Cassel. His WR's dropped a bunch of passes.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2011, 03:17 PM
So you think of all the bad passes, Fox randomly defended this one because...

He's protecting his guy? If that pass is on target, its a first down. Hey, im a timmy guy, i wanna see Timmy succeed, i think he could have been 6 of 8. But that was a ****ty pass.

jhns
11-16-2011, 03:50 PM
He's protecting his guy? If that pass is on target, its a first down. Hey, im a timmy guy, i wanna see Timmy succeed, i think he could have been 6 of 8. But that was a ****ty pass.

But why did he rabdomly pick this pass to protect Tebow? He has had many bad passes. This is the only one he has defended. I think this makes it credible.

Popps
11-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Add text.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2011, 04:02 PM
But why did he rabdomly pick this pass to protect Tebow? He has had many bad passes. This is the only one he has defended. I think this makes it credible.

I dunno, but that CB would have had to have been superman to pick that pass off if it was on target.

TonyR
11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
But why did he rabdomly pick this pass to protect Tebow?

Maybe that's the one he was asked about?

cutthemdown
11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
The Broncos are not boring. How many teams have 3-4 deep passes like that a game? Broncos pound you, get your dbacks bored, then go long on you. I like it. Bombs away. If Revis goes to sleep and Tebow burned him that would be so sweet.

cutthemdown
11-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Maybe that's the one he was asked about?

More likely he figured everyone that knows football knows the deep ones were not that bad. The ones to the rbs prob should have been caught. The one in the dirt is the obvious pass to discuss because it was the strangest of the throws. The one you say was that on purpose? lol. But the deep ball to Royal IMO was pretty well thrown. I bet that gets called PI 50% of the time, and a few times would be completed.

Keep bombing it and I bet we keep getting a long pass td a game.

cutthemdown
11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Also I would not be surprised to see reverses, and maybe even a trick play Thursday. Jets on a short week and have not had time to analyze film close enough to spot a trick play IMO. Great week to try a fake punt or a RB pass back to Tebow etc etc.

fontaine
11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Well two bad throws by Tebow. But the more problematic thing is that, it's not just this game, but some of the WRs, especially Royal are very poor in fighting for the ball in traffic.

Good WRs have to be able to track the ball in the air, time the jump, and catch the ball in the air when the defender is there. That's why they're called 50/50 passes.

Lloyd was spectacular at doing that not just because he had a great vertical but his timing was great. I've yet to see Royal do that, Decker has at times but not enough and Thomas just hasn't been a target enough.

It's the QB's job to throw the ball down field if it's single coverage but it's not going to be perfect each time, that's where our WR's have to make more of an effort. D Thomas must really not be even 80% because his strength was the go route and with his speed and size he's a perfect fit with our long ball offense if he was fully fit.

barryr
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
I can see Royal is being held on that one play, but geez, he is sure pretty weak looking out there. For a guy known for his speed he sure plays slow. Seems the most catches he gets are against a zone coverage where he just sits there flat-footed waiting for a pass. It would be nice if they could get some plays where Royal can get the ball as he is running and not just standing waiting for a pass and then having to restart again. Use his speed or he really isn't of much use since he is so small and can not take many hits over the middle.

Armchair Bronco
11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I agree with all the captions, except for #7.

That one (according to Fox) Tebow deliberately threw into the ground because he saw the CB breaking on the receiver's route.

All of the other incomplete passes were catchable.

KCStud
11-16-2011, 06:03 PM
I only count 7 passes but maybe I'm missing something. I agree that there was basically 1 really bad pass. The others are more on the receivers than on Tebow.

Baldwin dropped a few which was his fault, but the horribly wobbly pass that McCluster dove for is a TD if an average throw is made.

KCStud
11-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Baldwin dropped a few which was his fault, but the horribly wobbly pass that McCluster dove for is a TD if an average throw is made.

StugotsIII
11-16-2011, 06:36 PM

The first three passes, had they been throw like the TD to Decker would have all been TD's.

This offense will move LBers and Safety's like pawns around a chess board.

Just have to execute.

Rolandftw
11-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Felt the video was correct other then the underthrown ball to Decker.

KipCorrington25
11-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I want to go on record as completely disagreeing with the last pass as "add text." That is complete and utter bull****.