PDA

View Full Version : Fox, Elway still aren't necessarily Tebow fans

bronclvr
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Tim Tebow has been named by his peers as the most overrated player in the NFL. He is considered the most polarizing player in pro football, the quarterback voted most unlikely to succeed and the most awful, dreadful, atrocious, no-good passer in the game.

The problem is, of the quarterbacks who have started four or more games this season, Tebow has the third-highest winning percentage — .750. And in the other half-game he played at quarterback, the Broncos outscored the Chargers 14-6. So Tebow's record actually is 3½-1.

The trouble is, Tebow just became the only quarterback in Broncos history to beat the Raiders and the Chiefs on the road in back-to- back games.

Tebow has won four of the seven overall games he has started. His predecessor, Kyle Orton , won four games in the last 18 he started.

Read more: Paige: Denver Broncos' Fox, Elway still aren't necessarily Tebow fans - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19336656?obref=obnetwork#ixzz1doTTfqUy
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 01:50 PM
As they shouldn't be. Yet.

7 games to go to show what he's got and keep us FIRMLY out of QB striking range come April.

bendog
11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
They really don't like him. There's something about him that just creeps them out on a personal level

bronclvr
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
They really don't like him. There's something about him that just creeps them out on a personal level

You're projecting! :wiggle::welcome:;D

SonOfLe-loLang
11-15-2011, 01:55 PM
How is he overrated when the vast majority of media and players seem to think he's complete ****?

jhns
11-15-2011, 01:59 PM
He also won in Miami, which this team doesn't do. As of now, I don't get why you wouldn't be excited about what he is doing. The results speak for themselves. If that changes, haters will at least have something to base the hate on.

As for Elway and Fox, I am missing what they have to do with the article. It doesn't quote them or even really talk about them. It just has some stuff about them not committing to Tebow. While I find it weird that they were far more publicly supportive of the loser QB, it isn't like anyone should be convinced that Tebow is the future. He is barely into his tryout.

Sassy
11-15-2011, 02:06 PM
How is he overrated when the vast majority of media and players seem to think he's complete ****?

Because only those who worship him as a Tebow/Gator fan are the only ones that count?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Because only those who worship him as a Tebow/Gator fan are the only ones that count?

Apparently. Though people's criticism of him is just as unfair. Right now he's winning ballgames and the Broncos offense completely runs through him. So right now? Its unorthodox, but you cant complain

bendog
11-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Apparently. Though people's criticism of him is just as unfair. Right now he's winning ballgames and the Broncos offense completely runs through him. So right now? Its unorthodox, but you cant complain

But they don't want to do it. You can just HEAR the bitterness dripping from Fox.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/john-fox-tim-tebow-would-be-screwed-running-a-regular-offense/2011/11/15/gIQAtVvAPN_blog.html

lod01
11-15-2011, 06:42 PM
2 of those wins: It was KC who lost to Miami and Miami that the Broncos beat. Not something to toot your horn about.

Rolandftw
11-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Does seem that they aren't really buying into it. Fox saying that he sees Tebow as a runner and not a thrower, for instance.

I think with a full training camp he could improve at throwing the ball. But for this season, I guess the strategy makes sense.

Ugly Duck
11-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Fox sees Tebow as a runner and not a thrower

Why would he think that?

errand
11-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I noticed they pointed out how he's the first Broncos QB to beat Oak and KC on the road in back to back games...well hells bells how many times have we faced those two teams on the road in back to back games?

Maybe this was the first time the schedule worked out that way?

Archer81
11-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I noticed they pointed out how he's the first Broncos QB to beat Oak and KC on the road in back to back games...well hells bells how many times have we faced those two teams on the road in back to back games?

Maybe this was the first time the schedule worked out that way?

...Is this a legitimate complaint?

In 50 years you think division road games back to back have never happened until now?

:Broncos:

zdoor
11-15-2011, 09:03 PM

7 games to go to show what he's got and keep us FIRMLY out of QB striking range come April.

I agree...

MacGruder
11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
I think Tebow deserves a lot more support right now than Fox or Elway.. they already showed their incompetence with the failed Orton experiment.

If Tebow had been starting since preseason who knows how good he could be by now and how many wins the Broncos could have.. especially if Fox knew how to use him.

I think Fox saying Tebow would be screwed in a conventional offense is really him projecting.. it's Fox that is screwed trying to build a real offense around Tebow. Luckily Tebow is such a great runner and so versatile he can adapt to Fox's incredibly simplistic and outdated style of play.

Popps
11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
I think Tebow deserves a lot more support right now than Fox or Elway.. they already showed their incompetence with the failed Orton experiment.

If Tebow had been starting since preseason who knows how good he could be by now and how many wins the Broncos could have.. especially if Fox knew how to use him.

I think Fox saying Tebow would be screwed in a conventional offense is really him projecting.. it's Fox that is screwed trying to build a real offense around Tebow. Luckily Tebow is such a great runner and so versatile he can adapt to Fox's incredibly simplistic and outdated style of play.

Again, make me a Mod... and this dude is toast, instantly. Perma-banned... and we can all enjoy Tim Tebow without feeling any guilt about it.

Kaylore
11-15-2011, 10:08 PM

Yeah he's underrated. No one thinks he's any good. Everyone says he's either complete crap, or somewhat effective in a cute, gimmicky way, like the midget who just kicked the 6'5" Navy Seal in the balls.

Baba Booey
11-15-2011, 10:20 PM
He's turned this season from miserable to awesome in four short games, but I'm still not convinced that EFX won't target a QB in the draft, even if it's a guy like Tannehill in the second.

teknic
11-15-2011, 10:23 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/11/14/sanders-tebow-has-the-it-factor/

Deion Sanders is a Tebow fan.

Archer81
11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Fox said he wanted a gamer at QB...he has one at QB. Of course he also said Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win...so take it for what its worth.

BroncoMan4ever
11-15-2011, 10:29 PM
He's turned this season from miserable to awesome in four short games, but I'm still not convinced that EFX won't target a QB in the draft, even if it's a guy like Tannehill in the second.

I have a feeling the guy they are targeting is Foles. his measurables are insane. 6'5"and almost 250lbs. great arm, can hit any throw able to throw on the run.

BroncoMan4ever
11-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Fox said he wanted a gamer at QB...he has one at QB. Of course he also said Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win...so take it for what its worth.

i agree with the Tebow's a gamer opinion. but anymore i think of him as a gamer as a RB and not a QB.

i say draft a QB, give Tebow a RB number and let him pound the rock. it's what we are doing with him anyway.

extralife
11-15-2011, 10:37 PM
...Is this a legitimate complaint?

In 50 years you think division road games back to back have never happened until now?

Curiosity got the best of me. The Broncos have played the Raiders and Chiefs on the road back to back five other times in their history, with the most recent occasion previous to this year being in '95 (note: it happened in back to back years in 94 and 95: someone didn't like us in the mid 90's, I guess).

Archer81
11-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Curiosity got the best of me. The Broncos have played the Raiders and Chiefs on the road back to back five other times in their history, with the most recent occasion previous to this year being in '95 (note: it happened in back to back years in 94 and 95: someone didn't like us in the mid 90's, I guess).

I think the last time Denver won back to back division road games was 1977. I think I heard that on NFLN. Impressive, considering the level of suck the Broncos have displayed the last two seasons.

Archer81
11-15-2011, 10:50 PM
i agree with the Tebow's a gamer opinion. but anymore i think of him as a gamer as a RB and not a QB.

i say draft a QB, give Tebow a RB number and let him pound the rock. it's what we are doing with him anyway.

I think its part of the development process. If Denver had to throw last sunday, they would have. They did not have to, and they kept Tebow out of bad situations. I expect Denver to throw 25 or so passes thursday, with 10 to 15 completions. Baby steps with a toddler QB.

Vine
11-15-2011, 10:52 PM
I really don't get the notion that Tebow is overrated. What a bunch of crock.

Let's review the definition of overrated:

from dictionary.com

o·ver·rate
   [oh-ver-reyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), -rat·ed, -rat·ing.
to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate: I think you overrate their political influence.

Appraise too highly..... WTF appraises Tebow too highly? Everyone in the media (-Skip Bayless) has suggested that Tebow cannot win in the NFL. He is not an NFL qb. He sucks as a passer. How the **** is that appraising too highly?

Now is he over-talked about? Probably certainly. But let's not confuse over-talked about with being over-rated.

Now you want someone overrated? Tony Romo. Every damn season we got to hear how great the Cowboys are, being led by Romo. Every year, the Cowboys are sitting on their couches come playoff time. Now that is the definition of being over-praised.

extralife
11-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Now is he over-talked about? Probably certainly. But let's not confuse over-talked about with being over-rated.

These are the same things, but let's ignore that for a second.

What other QB in the history of the universe gets Woody Paige to write him a Hall of Fame speech after completing two passes? You are telling me Tebow doesn't have legions of supporters all over the place? He led the NFL in jersey sales before he played a down. People that don't even watch football have prepackaged defenses of his play. Large portions of the Broncos fan base actually argued that he should have been handed the starting QB job no matter how awful he was in practice, because practice was not useful (Iverson is still a hooligan, though, natch). That's overrated.

BroncoMan4ever
11-16-2011, 01:16 AM
I think its part of the development process. If Denver had to throw last sunday, they would have. They did not have to, and they kept Tebow out of bad situations. I expect Denver to throw 25 or so passes thursday, with 10 to 15 completions. Baby steps with a toddler QB.

i hope you are right. to start the game the Jets are likely going to crowd the LOS and dare Tebow to beat them with his arm. the middle of the field early will probably be there for the taking. i hope that the staff thinks of that and decide to insert some new PASSING wrinkles to this offense.

Armchair Bronco
11-16-2011, 02:32 AM

Yeah, with the exception of Skip Bayless, almost none of the pundits and Haters understand the difference between "overrated" and "overhyped". If everyone in hater land thinks you stink, you can't possibly be overrated.

Funny thing is: the pundits and commentators are the ones doing the hyping.

Tebow, meanwhile, just keeps on winning.

Broncojef
11-16-2011, 06:05 AM
I don't know what the heck the dude has to do. Tebow is responsible now for more wins than Fox has had for over two years. If Tebow wasn't such a stand-up guy he could be the one telling the media that if Fox had to coach a winning team he'd be screwed. Tebow is a winner and the fact Fox can't support his QB in the media says a lot about him. I'll count the days until Fox is gone, maybe he can take Orton with him and build a winner.

Old Dude
11-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Eventually, teams are really going to start loading up to stop the option. The question is whether Tebow can become a good enough passer to punish them for it. He doesn't have to be Peyton Manning. But he does have to improve. The more he improves, the more potent the offense becomes.

The bigger question to me is the issue of durability. Tebow is a tough kid, no doubt. But even the toughest soldiers are going to get knocked out of commission from time to time, and then what do we do? We'll be forced to completely change the offensive scheme. The closest parallel is back when Plummer got knocked out for nearly a month and Beurline - a conventional pocket passer - had to come in with a completely different style. The results were not pretty.

The interesting question to me is what happens in the off-season if the Broncos have some additional success with this scheme. I suppose they can have their pick of option style rookies and free agents (since no one else uses them this way) to back up Tebow - - or - they see what Tebow can do with a full off-season worth of coaching and return to a more conventional pro style next year.

orange 4 life
11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Eventually, teams are really going to start loading up to stop the option. The question is whether Tebow can become a good enough passer to punish them for it. He doesn't have to be Peyton Manning. But he does have to improve. The more he improves, the more potent the offense becomes.

The bigger question to me is the issue of durability. Tebow is a tough kid, no doubt. But even the toughest soldiers are going to get knocked out of commission from time to time, and then what do we do? We'll be forced to completely change the offensive scheme. The closest parallel is back when Plummer got knocked out for nearly a month and Beurline - a conventional pocket passer - had to come in with a completely different style. The results were not pretty.

The interesting question to me is what happens in the off-season if the Broncos have some additional success with this scheme. I suppose they can have their pick of option style rookies and free agents (since no one else uses them this way) to back up Tebow - - or - they see what Tebow can do with a full off-season worth of coaching and return to a more conventional pro style next year.

Well said. Same fair and balanced opinions I remember reading years ago.
Great to see ya still around my friend and I couldn't agree more with your post. Finally a reasonable assessment.

BroncoBeavis
11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Yeah, with the exception of Skip Bayless, almost none of the pundits and Haters understand the difference between "overrated" and "overhyped". If everyone in hater land thinks you stink, you can't possibly be overrated.

Funny thing is: the pundits and commentators are the ones doing the hyping.

Tebow, meanwhile, just keeps on winning.

I was driving home the other day and some Denver sports talk radio came in with a strong signal up here for some reason. It was AM 850 or something like that, whatever that is. Anyway they talked about Tebow's over-exposure for a good two hours, and nobody seemed to get the irony. Then there was the guy who called into this show to b**** about how he's tired of hearing about Tebow's faith.

As if him calling into talk radio to talk about it is going to discourage more people from talking about it.

Why do the same people who make a living shoving a microphone in Timmy's face turn around and complain about how much exposure he's getting? I'm sure if it was up to him, he'd be talked about on ESPN a lot less than he is.

TJ96
11-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Check out this article. (http://thexlog.com/201111161111/sports-wagering/tim-tebow-winning-more-than-cam-newton-%E2%80%93-not-for-long/) Can't believe people would debate who's better between Newton and Tebow. Newton is clearly the better player...

BroncoBeavis
11-16-2011, 08:40 AM

If Decker makes the first catch that he should've made last Sunday, the Chiefs would've really been in a world of hurt. It only takes one of those connections early to make the defense stay halfway honest.

That's why we NEED to develop a money receiver for those situations (since we gave away the one we had)

orange 4 life
11-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I was driving home the other day and some Denver sports talk radio came in with a strong signal up here for some reason. It was AM 850 or something like that, whatever that is.

How could a Bronco fan NOT know 850 KOA?
F.Y.I. that station is the official home of the Broncos.
It's also the biggest station in the country (tied with others I believe) at 50k watts.

So certainly no put down but I can't help but be curious. How does one end up a Bronco fan and not know our teams radio station? Just seems weird so don't take offense.
Also F.Y.I. I'm not sure where you are ("up" so maybe Wy or Mt?) but if you got a good signal the other night you will likely ALWAYS get a good signal at night.
People call that station from CANADA and MEXICO in the middle of the night!! LOL
You're not likely to get it in the day but at night (especially later) you should pick it up whenever it's reasonably clear.

orange 4 life
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Montana. Yeah that explains it. You'll get KOA most any clear night up there.
Stupid of me not to check BEFORE I asked where you were!! LOL. My bad.

P.S. Beautiful country you have up there!! Was up there in Missoula (and driving through much of the southern part of the state) for the Dead show in September and was really impressed. Hope to be able to spend more time there next time.

TonyR
11-16-2011, 08:58 AM
He's turned this season from miserable to awesome in four short games...

Well, yes, if you're willing and able to completely forget what happened against Detroit before they adjusted the offensive scheme...

Tombstone RJ
11-16-2011, 08:59 AM

I'm sure Brady Quinn could come in and run this offense if Tebow get's injured. Hell, this may be the only way Brady gets another chance in the NFL.

jhns
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Well, yes, if you're willing and able to completely forget what happened against Detroit before they adjusted the offensive scheme...

That takes away from his 3-1, with a 1-4 team?

You say this after supporting Mr. 59-14....

TonyR
11-16-2011, 09:13 AM
That takes away from his 3-1, with a 1-4 team?

My only point was that the last 4 games haven't been "awesome". I don't think anyone would disagree. The Detroit game wasn't fun.

jhns
11-16-2011, 09:16 AM
My only point was that the last 4 games haven't been "awesome". I don't think anyone would disagree. The Detroit game wasn't fun.

They have been for Bronco fans. You would have had to pay attention the past couple years to understand this though.

NFLBRONCO
11-16-2011, 09:17 AM

While I agree with what your saying here. I can see us being firmly out QB striking range and still have no real idea about Tebow. Why because the teams we have beaten and are about to play are hardly playing at a normal high level this season so this gimmick O might work well this season but, who knows next season.

TonyR
11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
They have been for Bronco fans. You would have had to pay attention the past couple years to understand this though.

So you're seriously going to argue that the Detroit game was "awesome"? What part did you enjoy most, the getting blown out part or the getting openly mocked and ridiculed by the opponent part?

ZONA
11-16-2011, 09:39 AM

No **** - look at how f'd up that sounds now. Orton gives us the best chance to lose is more like it. That statement right there showed me Fox was clueless at the start of the season. Thankfully he's redeemed himself somewhat by having the guts to pull Orton the vet and try the unproven kid to see what he can do.

Look everybody, it's real simple. Tebow gets 3/4's of a season to showcase and prove to the Broncos mgt he is the guy. I still think they draft a QB next year because Quinn and Orton will be gone and you need somebody else. But we're getting what we wanted. We all wanted to know if Tebow could be that guy. He's done well so far. He's got a long long way to go.

His largest hurdle is that he's being evaluated by one of the best passers in the game. And everybody right now is being compared to Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. To be the best, you need to be able to throw that pill well. BUT - having said that, I think Tebow could turn into a Rothlisbeger type. A strong guy who can move well in the pocket, run and extend plays and find the open guy. Obviously Tebow has to learn to scan the field more like Ben does but that's something I think he can do in time. We shall see.

jhns
11-16-2011, 09:48 AM
So you're seriously going to argue that the Detroit game was "awesome"? What part did you enjoy most, the getting blown out part or the getting openly mocked and ridiculed by the opponent part?

1. He said the last four weeks. One bump in the road is not taking the joy out of winning. We lost worse before Tebow came in. We will probably be blown out again when we play a real offense. If you expected anything different, you just aren't very smart.

2. You are a weak individual. Why would you care if some players talk ****? That didn't even register on my radar.

Beating mediocre and bad teams, while losing to good teams, is a huge step in the right direction. That makes a Bronco fan happy. Sorry that you don't agree.

TheReverend
11-16-2011, 09:59 AM
While I agree with what your saying here. I can see us being firmly out QB striking range and still have no real idea about Tebow. Why because the teams we have beaten and are about to play are hardly playing at a normal high level this season so this gimmick O might work well this season but, who knows next season.

And that's fine. If we've won enough to earn Tim a full season with full time reps, then good for him and good for us.

Dedhed
That's what I've been saying. How can someone who's widely considered incapable also be overrated?

AlphaSeirra

Worship ???

~ Do you mean like the ones that waited for over a decade for Elway to finally bring a SB win to Denver?

~ Or do you mean like the ones that believe that Elway arrived in Denver as a better passer (much less a better runner) than Tebow?

~ You mean like the ones who continue to swing on St. Johns jock, even after he's been put out to QB pasture for years now,
and is about 'clueless' as it gets in the FO world?

Is that the same kind of Tebow/Gator worship you're sniveling about ???

Elway talked about Tebow's long TD pass to beat the Chiefs - saying things like:

"that WON the game",
"it was a tough throw,"
"I was standing on the sidelines and it was windy."
"Tim threw that ball perfectly."

So, is John becoming a Gator/Tebowite :notworthy, or is he just admitting what anyone with a functioning brain could observe
for themselves? ;)
=============

Tebow made his first (2010) NFL start against a Raider team still in the playoff hunt, going in cold without any 1st team
practice time on a 3-10 team.
Tebow only had the highest passer rating in the history of the Denver Broncos in a QB's debut (100.5).

Darn all of those Gator/Tebowites with their totally UNFOUNDED faith in what Tim can do, and has done repeatedly.

"In his 3 regular season NFL starts, Tebow outperformed Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Steve Young, Troy Aikman and
John Elway in their first three starts. Tebow did all that while leading a 3-10 team that had nothing left to play for,
a team that had lost 8 of its last 9 games with Orton at quarterback."

"Tebow's NFL rating of 82.70 is more than double that of Aikman (38.43) and Elway (38.53), and superior to Brady's (77.23).

>>> Data kept by the NFL also blows up the media(moron)-created myth that Tebow can't pass. <<<

In his 3 starts, Tebow threw for more yards (651) than Brady (618) or Elway (313). Manning threw for 32 more yards than Tebow,
but it took him 33 more attempts to do it. Tebow also threw for more
TD's than the other five QB's."

"In addition to being a better passer, Tebow also ran for 3 TD's, one a game-winner, while the other 5 QB's did not run
for a single TD."

Tebowites seem to know football, know Tebow's talent level from his past production, from Pee-Wee to the NFL, and they usually
give the facts to back up their opinions.

However, the Tebow Haters/Spurners mostly just continue to parrot the Media Moron's baseless BS claims, like they actually know
something about QB's in general, or Tebow in specific.....

Carry on..... :welcome:

TheReverend
11-16-2011, 10:03 AM
AlphaSierra do you live in Starke or Waldo or that area?

BroncoBeavis
11-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Montana. Yeah that explains it. You'll get KOA most any clear night up there.
Stupid of me not to check BEFORE I asked where you were!! LOL. My bad.

P.S. Beautiful country you have up there!! Was up there in Missoula (and driving through much of the southern part of the state) for the Dead show in September and was really impressed. Hope to be able to spend more time there next time.

Probably doesn't help that I could count on one hand the number of times a year I give AM Radio a try. Sadly I was actually trying to find Stanford/Oregon score, which I couldn't find so this is what caught my attention I guess.

Needless to say if you had to live with our selection of radio stations, you'd pretty much give up on radio too. :)

I'll be there for the game tomorrow though. See you there :)

AlphaSeirra
11-16-2011, 10:38 AM
AlphaSierra do you live in Starke or Waldo or that area?

Gawds NO, not even close.... :welcome:

TheReverend
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Gawds NO, not even close.... :welcome:

Haha good. That place has permanent banjos playing and I have to drive through to get to Gainesville. I was actually just there for the weekend for the Vandy game, 2 weeks ago.

Where abouts are you?

AlphaSeirra
11-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Haha good. That place has permanent banjos playing and I have to drive through to get to Gainesville. I was actually just there for the weekend for the Vandy game, 2 weeks ago.

Where abouts are you?

Far, far away, just like it says. (rural N.FL) :welcome:

I could get more specific, but then I'd have to kill ya! :wiggle:

Lestat
11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
i don't think it's anything other than Elway & Fox aren't sure they can build a team around Tebow and win consistently unless he continues to improve.

he isn't "their guy", he's the guy they have on the roster who can help them win.
you have two guys who are old school prototypical type thinkers and Tebow brings them both out of their comfort zone.
if he continues to pile up the wins then eventually they'll be won over and look to see how the team can molded to him long term.

24champ
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Far, far away, just like it says. (rural N.FL) :welcome:

I could get more specific, but then I'd have to kill ya! :wiggle:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ag-JBl9TKqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MplsBronco
11-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Check out this article. (http://thexlog.com/201111161111/sports-wagering/tim-tebow-winning-more-than-cam-newton-%E2%80%93-not-for-long/) Can't believe people would debate who's better between Newton and Tebow. Newton is clearly the better player...

I don't know that I would want Newton. Too much of a flava clown for me. Sick of the endzone celebrations, honestly. He also seems like yet another guy that cares more about how things look than winning. Also, let's see if he is another flash in the pan.

Don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but how is that QB in Tampa working out. He was the next great thing last year.

Tebow is someone you can easily root for, plays hard, is humble, and is a winner. Its so damn simple. And this notion that EFX are now showcasing Tebow so that they can trade him instead of playing him so that we can all see how bad he is and move on is stupid. The more Tebow wins, the harder it will be for the team to go in a different direction.

Let's say we go 8-3 down the stretch, you think the fans are going to put up with moving in a different direction next year?

bendog
11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
i don't think it's anything other than Elway & Fox aren't sure they can build a team around Tebow and win consistently unless he continues to improve.

he isn't "their guy", he's the guy they have on the roster who can help them win.
you have two guys who are old school prototypical type thinkers and Tebow brings them both out of their comfort zone.
if he continues to pile up the wins then eventually they'll be won over and look to see how the team can molded to him long term.

I think it' s more that they are unsure this offense will work in the NFL against good teams, and they are unsure how much Tebow will improve as passing from the pocket and making reads, so they're not sure what offense they'll have next year, but they're committed to finding out while using the people they have to maximize the skills they have, and Fox clearly is having a lot of fun doing it. He got rid of the lone dissenter, Orton's too much a professional to be a distraction, and he's got a happy locker room right now.