PDA

View Full Version : I told you!!!!

DontBeMessin
11-15-2011, 02:00 PM
But, none of you listened... You have a running game... 250 yards a game RUNNING GAME!!!

If it works - use it and that's what the coaches need to do. AND they are doing a fabulous job doing so!

Congrats on beating up them biotches in red....

Peoples Champ
11-15-2011, 02:02 PM
thanks, however the chiefs did hold tebow under 100 yards unfortunatly

bendog
11-15-2011, 02:14 PM

No, Fox held Tebow back because he doesn't want him to succeed.

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
We didn't have a running game without Tim though, tard.

Peoples Champ
11-15-2011, 03:02 PM
We didn't have a running game without Tim though, tard.

I know,

I was more trying to point that Timothy Richard did gash the Faiders on the ground for over 100 rushing yards.

Rohirrim
11-15-2011, 03:23 PM
No, Fox held Tebow back because he doesn't want him to succeed.

I thought he was running him because he wanted him to get hurt? Which one is it?

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 03:30 PM
I know,

I was more trying to point that Timothy Richard did gash the Faiders on the ground for over 100 rushing yards.

No, I was mocking DontBeMessin not you, sorry for the confusion.

cutthemdown
11-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Its hard for big dlineman to come off the ball, read a running play, but then have 2 and sometimes 3 options. It's almost like all the team geared to rush the passer, defend the pass, and try to play good sound run defense. So many teams throw now IMO run defense is a thing of the past. It used to be 20-25 passes a game, now its 30-40. For awhile teams may have trouble finding the right personal groupings to attack the Broncos run game. Eventually I see teams going small against us and just trying to penetrate run blitz all over the los.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Its hard for big dlineman to come off the ball, read a running play, but then have 2 and sometimes 3 options. It's almost like all the team geared to rush the passer, defend the pass, and try to play good sound run defense. So many teams throw now IMO run defense is a thing of the past. It used to be 20-25 passes a game, now its 30-40. For awhile teams may have trouble finding the right personal groupings to attack the Broncos run game. Eventually I see teams going small against us and just trying to penetrate run blitz all over the los.

Probably...thjough this will still be difficult because teams wont be used to this kind of defense. The worst thing that can happen to us is that other teams copycat it and teams get used to defending it.

Then again, i dont this really happens considering most teams wont put their QB at risk. If they do it with a position player, thats just the wildcat.

Archer81
11-15-2011, 03:57 PM
http://tinyurl.com/8ynbmxv

:Broncos:

DontBeMessin
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
No, I was mocking DontBeMessin not you, sorry for the confusion.

No you were NOT!!! I just posted you have Turdball in and the running game goes up to 250 yards a game!!

DontBeMessin
11-15-2011, 05:05 PM

TEAM EFFORT!!!! It's not all about Turdball.... He needs to develop just like Donkeyface Elway did... He sucked horse balls when he first started!!

cutthemdown
11-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Probably...thjough this will still be difficult because teams wont be used to this kind of defense. The worst thing that can happen to us is that other teams copycat it and teams get used to defending it.

Then again, i dont this really happens considering most teams wont put their QB at risk. If they do it with a position player, thats just the wildcat.

I sort of think this is a one yr trial run. Eventually the Broncos would want tebow to improve enough as a passer to make the option part of it more a change of pace. I agree though right not because no teams run the option, no teams are geared to stop the option. But how many qbs have been like tebow? None really so it will be hard to copy. Also until Broncos winning a lot more then 3 games against bad teams who would want to copy?

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
No you were NOT!!! I just posted you have Turdball in and the running game goes up to 250 yards a game!!

Wasn't your whole deal whining about running the ball with Orton? If not, I apologize, all you Raider fans look alike to me.

Spider
11-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I sort of think this is a one yr trial run. Eventually the Broncos would want tebow to improve enough as a passer to make the option part of it more a change of pace. I agree though right not because no teams run the option, no teams are geared to stop the option. But how many qbs have been like tebow? None really so it will be hard to copy. Also until Broncos winning a lot more then 3 games against bad teams who would want to copy?

I dont know , I saw alot of power football , I think our oline has really came together , Lets face it , last few weeks , holes big enough to drive a semi through , and that was even with 8 in the box some times more , hard to stop that .....

cutthemdown
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I dont know , I saw alot of power football , I think our oline has really came together , Lets face it , last few weeks , holes big enough to drive a semi through , and that was even with 8 in the box some times more , hard to stop that .....

I think the reason is that big dlineman are trying to guess what way we are running it. Is it the RB up inside, or is Tebow going to snatch it back and go outside. Big dlineman don't change direction that well so once they commit they are sort of screwed. So they are trying not to commit and that has them on their heals. You have to attack IMO to beat the option and to do that you need quicker players not big huge nfl style DT.

Combine that with the fact all the teams keep 5-6 corners to combat the 4-5 wr sets of teams like the pats and packers. Corners don't help much trying to stop 200 plus pound runners.

So now you have a dline sort of flat footed and our oline is just teeing off on them. Pretty enjoyable to watch.

Spider
11-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I think the reason is that big dlineman are trying to guess what way we are running it. Is it the RB up inside, or is Tebow going to snatch it back and go outside. Big dlineman don't change direction that well so once they commit they are sort of screwed. So they are trying not to commit and that has them on their heals. You have to attack IMO to beat the option and to do that you need quicker players not big huge nfl style DT.

Combine that with the fact all the teams keep 5-6 corners to combat the 4-5 wr sets of teams like the pats and packers. Corners don't help much trying to stop 200 plus pound runners.

So now you have a dline sort of flat footed and our oline is just teeing off on them. Pretty enjoyable to watch.

of course that has alot to do with it . my point is we was pulling guards and getting into the second level , something we couldnt do with Detroit ... if we played the Lions next thursday , I would expect a different out come

MacGruder
11-15-2011, 05:30 PM
I know,

The same happened in Florida though.. defenses were so focused on stopping Tebow it made all the runners around him look unstoppable. It made Ball look like McGahee.

Spider
11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
The same happened in Florida though.. defenses were so focused on stopping Tebow it made all the runners around him look unstoppable. It made Ball look like McGahee.

yeah silly us thinking the line had anything to do with it

Bronx33
11-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Must be related to tyrell.

baja
11-15-2011, 06:09 PM

Yup that is what I saw too. Deer in the headlights interior D line/

cutthemdown
11-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Yup that is what I saw too. Deer in the headlights interior D line/

Do you notice they all seem to sort of get stood up because they want to keep head up to see who is getting the ball. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the Broncos are on to something. People so boring in how they hand the ball off and the option so much more creative.

I still don't see why it could not have a potent deep strike passing game with it. The chances are there Tebow just needs to get better, and the WR need to do better.

One thing though sticking out is the TE blocking. Very very poor. I saw Fells not be able to block his guy several times.

baja
11-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Do you notice they all seem to sort of get stood up because they want to keep head up to see who is getting the ball. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the Broncos are on to something. People so boring in how they hand the ball off and the option so much more creative.

I still don't see why it could not have a potent deep strike passing game with it. The chances are there Tebow just needs to get better, and the WR need to do better.

One thing though sticking out is the TE blocking. Very very poor. I saw Fells not be able to block his guy several times.

Ya fatty DTs will not do well against the option and they are all the rage now in the NFL

Can you imagine the additional options with a good blocking & receiving threat TE.

cutthemdown
11-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Ya fatty DTs will not do well against the option and they are all the rage now in the NFL

Can you imagine the additional options with a good blocking & receiving threat TE.

It's a huge void in our team at TE. Fells a decent player but not a lynchpin TE LOS type player. He's sort of slightly below avg blocker, passable hands type, nothing special. I sort of hoped he was going to be better. Rosario is a BKUP TE and the rookie just hasn't done anything.

Broncos need a TE who is a double threat. An athletic TE who can block and get deep down the middle.

DontBeMessin
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Wasn't your whole deal whining about running the ball with Orton? If not, I apologize, all you Raider fans look alike to me.

NO!!!!

I stated that you SHOULD run the ball with Tebow since it is what works for your sorry team. Your coaches need to take what it has, and win with what it has. That's what good coaches do.

If you can gash teams for 250 on the ground - do it!!! That's how we got to .500 last year without a good QB...

enjolras
11-16-2011, 12:17 PM
For awhile teams may have trouble finding the right personal groupings to attack the Broncos run game. Eventually I see teams going small against us and just trying to penetrate run blitz all over the los.

I don't see that happening. The one pass Tebow has shown a real penchant for throwing is the screen pass. The standard zone-read formation (QB/HB shotgun) is also a killer formation for a screen pass. You move the HB over past those blitzing linebackers or corners and just loft the ball over their heads. Tebow will eat them alive if they try that.

I really think the Chiefs demonstrated how you attack the offense. You play bump coverage on the receivers, play cover-1 or cover-0 with the safeties and drop linebackers into a middle zone on pass plays. Your willing to give up the 4 yard carry so you don't give up the big runs. Then you sit on your heels and dare Tebow to throw over the top. One missed block by the offense and you don't get your four yards...and then it's likely a punt.

If Tebow can get the timing and depth down on those big throws, then I have no idea how you defend this offense.

cutthemdown
11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't see that happening. The one pass Tebow has shown a real penchant for throwing is the screen pass. The standard zone-read formation (QB/HB shotgun) is also a killer formation for a screen pass. You move the HB over past those blitzing linebackers or corners and just loft the ball over their heads. Tebow will eat them alive if they try that.

I really think the Chiefs demonstrated how you attack the offense. You play bump coverage on the receivers, play cover-1 or cover-0 with the safeties and drop linebackers into a middle zone on pass plays. Your willing to give up the 4 yard carry so you don't give up the big runs. Then you sit on your heels and dare Tebow to throw over the top. One missed block by the offense and you don't get your four yards...and then it's likely a punt.

If Tebow can get the timing and depth down on those big throws, then I have no idea how you defend this offense.

You pick and choose where you decide to run blitz at so that your defense isn't always reacting, and some can attack. It's standard fare in strategy in college when defending the option.

DenverBrit
11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
http://tinyurl.com/8ynbmxv

:Broncos:

LOL

Oh that's just evil. Ha!