PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand what the front office is thinking.

Quoydogs
11-15-2011, 11:35 AM
So do think that we have cashed this season in ?

If we are any other team and are only one game out of 1st place in our own division and lose one of our two starting RB's and know that your other RB is injured

Do you go out and get the best available player or do you pick someone from your farm team ? I would think you go out looking for someone that still has a year or two left in the tank and go for them.

I hate to think that our own front office would be trying to tank the season but look at the fact that as soon as we go with tebow they trade away our best WR and now that we show we have a great running game and know that Tebow needs a lot of work on his throwing instead of squaring up the RB spot we just take someone from the practice team.

What am I missing here ?

alkemical
11-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Drugs

bfoflcommish
11-15-2011, 11:38 AM
I think JJ will be a perfectly fine fill in. Who do you propose they should have went out and "got"

Jetmeck
11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
I think JJ will be a perfectly fine fill in. Who do you propose they should have went out and "got"

Possible someone from another teams practice squad or one off the street that DOESN'T know our system at all versus this guy who does .....................

Mr.Meanie

If we are any other team and are only one game out of 1st place in our own division and lose one of our two starting RB's and know that your other RB is injured

Do you go out and get the best available player or do you pick someone from your farm team ? I would think you go out looking for someone that still has a year or two left in the tank and go for them.

I hate to think that our own front office would be trying to tank the season but look at the fact that as soon as we go with tebow they trade away our best WR and now that we show we have a great running game and know that Tebow needs a lot of work on his throwing instead of squaring up the RB spot we just take someone from the practice team.

What am I missing here ?

Like who?

Quoydogs

That is a good question but this is there jobs to know these things not mine. JJ had a chance to make the team and did not make it. Nothing against him I thought that he had some good runs in Preseason but the point is he was not good enough. Now when out season hangs on it, he is our fill in ? I would think there are some better options out there.

broncocalijohn
With McGahee out "a few days", the front office doesnt think less of the team but less of Moreno. They figure Johnson can fill in as the THIRD running back behind McGahee and Ball.

bendog
11-15-2011, 11:42 AM

TIKI! (note sarcastic use of the !)

bfoflcommish
11-15-2011, 11:43 AM
That is a good question but this is there jobs to know these things not mine. JJ had a chance to make the team and did not make it. Nothing against him I thought that he had some good runs in Preseason but the point is he was not good enough. Now when out season hangs on it, he is our fill in ? I would think there are some better options out there.

And anyone else currently available had a chance to make another teams roster as well correct? So wouldnt you rather have someone the team knows?

bendog
11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
If anyone was out there who was better than anyone on a practice squad, I think the Lions would have bitten a couple of weeks ago.

gyldenlove
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I can't think of anyone available I would want.

Mr. Elway
We should go grab one of those rookie QBs that are playing so well too, but EFX doesn't get it!

Quoydogs
And anyone else currently available had a chance to make another teams roster as well correct? So wouldnt you rather have someone the team knows?

Valid point here to but don't you think it would have been wise to bring in a few people and take a look at them ? Maybe I'm just way off base here .

mkporter
11-15-2011, 11:50 AM
We should go grab one of those rookie QBs that are playing so well too, but EFX doesn't get it!

Forget those rookies, have you seen how well Aaron Rodgers is playing? Why doesn't EFX just get him? Problem solved.

Powderaddict
11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
If you are going to be critical of the signing you have to offer a better alternative.

Just saying "it's their job to find the best guy" but then bitch about the guy they found is a bit unreasonable, don't you think? Maybe he WAS the best guy out there?

Plus, if they wanted to "throw the season" it would be easy, just have Tebow chuck the ball up 40+ times a game. It seems to me they are trying their best to win by playing to the QB's and the team's strengths.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
It's astounding how many different ways you can blame the front office for wanting to tank the season. I mean, ASTOUNDING.

Kaylore
11-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Like who?

Yes, please enlighten us.

cutthemdown
11-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Another stupid thread acting like you know how to run a football team. Any rbs worth rostering are on rosters. Practice squad guys are raw and don't know your system.

What do you want them to do in the middle of the season?

friggin ridiculous how far the football acumen on the mane has dropped.

Besides they probably will bring someone in eventually it's just that people around here cry so quickly it's pathetic.

bendog
11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Travis Henry should be about ready to exit prison.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_3f1f6a18-7187-11de-9bb4-001cc4c002e0.html

Popps
11-15-2011, 12:05 PM
What am I missing here ?

Well, here's the thing... Tim Tebow has this clause in his contract that escalates his salary if he plays more than 50% of the snaps this year...

wait.... I mean...

Smiling Assassin27
11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm sure Ricky Watters still has some tread left. Bring him in. Shaun Alexander? Jerome Bettis?

bfoflcommish
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm sure Ricky Watters still has some tread left. Bring him in. Shaun Alexander? Jerome Bettis?

clinton portis too

Popps
11-15-2011, 12:13 PM
http://www.talkandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/t-mobile1.jpg

DenverBroncosJM
11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
That sounds like an excellent plan let me think of another team that recently just made a drastic move like this...Ohh yah the Raiders see how thats working?

Boobs McGee
11-15-2011, 12:22 PM

What am I missing here ?

Apparently all you're missing is some sobriety at lunch time. The only logical explanation for your thread is copious amounts of mid-day boozing

Peoples Champ
11-15-2011, 12:24 PM
TIKI! (note sarcastic use of the !)

Larry Johnson!

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Maybe I'm just way off base here .

Ding ding ding!