PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's terrible throw in the dirt vs. chiefs

mkporter
11-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Interesting commentary by Fox on Tebow's ball in the dirt on Sunday. Fox says it was a really smart play because the corner was breaking to the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82425339/Fox-on-Tebow-s-smarts

jhns
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
If true, that makes zero bad throws on the day.

Smilin Assassin
11-15-2011, 08:50 AM

True or not, should at the very least silence anyone thinking Fox wants Tebow to fail. (as ridiculous as that is)

No reason to back him on that play if that were the case.

bronco militia
11-15-2011, 08:53 AM
if you didn't figure that out during the game, then you haven't been watching football very long

ScottXray
11-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Great find! I was wondering if something like that was the case, as alll his other throws were fairly good, and that one was "out of character" for the day.
A dart might have gotten there ahead of the break...but maybe Tebow is just playing within his own limits. He knows he hasn't got a quick release so
just dumped it.

Maybe the coaches are seeing more than most and see a Developing player...getting better every game!

yerner
11-15-2011, 09:00 AM
that dude was never open with tebow's arm. ball should have been going somewhere else, but i guess he didn't compound the mistake by throwing a pick.

rock
11-15-2011, 09:07 AM
that dude was never open with tebow's arm. ball should have been going somewhere else, but i guess he didn't compound the mistake by throwing a pick.

He wasn't open with any QB's arm. The throw was the right throw. A QB with more "swagga" like Joe Flacco or Rivers would have tried to make that throw and it would have been a pick six.

bronco militia
11-15-2011, 09:11 AM
He wasn't open with any QB's arm. The throw was the right throw. A QB with more "swagga" like Cutler or Favre would have tried to make that throw and it would have been a pick six.

fixed

Kaylore
11-15-2011, 09:17 AM
One thing people fair to account for is being a game manager. Tebow has been nothing short of awesome in this regard. Its more than just reading a defense and making pretty throws. It's understanding the down, distance, eb and flow of the game, stepping up when a play is needed and not crapping your pants in situations that would cause major problems.

Orton was an average game manager and was particularly terrible this year in clutch situations, often turning the ball over in critical situations, and failing to finish drives. Tebow managing the offense has been exceptional especially in critical situations. He doesn't turn the ball over really at all, and is especially careful when he can afford to be. In situations where we need a play, he comes through and he has yet to put his defense in a truly terrible situation and ask for a bail out.

People are ripping on Tebow for his pedestrian numbers, but in all honesty I considered it one of his best games as a Bronco. When the margin of error is so slim, on the road, in a place we historically struggle, Tebow made every play he needed to. It wasn't perfect and certainly wasn't pretty, but you will always give your team a chance to win playing the way he did last Sunday. Granted, we can't play the <s>Dolphins</s> Chiefs every week, but this was a better game than the stat junkies will see.

yerner
11-15-2011, 09:18 AM
He wasn't open with any QB's arm. The throw was the right throw. A QB with more "swagga" like Joe Flacco or Rivers would have tried to make that throw and it would have been a pick six.

fine. but the read was wrong then. he should never have been throwing there.

Mogulseeker
11-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Of course Fox doesn't want Tebow to fail. If I recall correctly, there were fours coaches that actualy brought Tebow in during the combine: Josh McD, Jack del Rio, Chan Gailey and John Fox.

Fox actually took Tebow out to dinner while he was still at Florida. The Broncos leapfroged Buffalo because they got news that Gailey was going to spend their late-round first on Tebow... word on the street was that Carolina and Jax were both willing to spend a very high 2nd on him.

That's why I don't get that argument. Fox wanted Tebow.

elsid13
11-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm not buying that Tebow planned that outcome. It was more a matter of luck (****ty throw) then his decision to throw the ball into the dirt. Either it was bad throw or bad read, and I know I am hater.

errand
11-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Interesting commentary by Fox on Tebow's ball in the dirt on Sunday. Fox says it was a really smart play because the corner was breaking to the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82425339/Fox-on-Tebow-s-smarts

Fox would be more believable if we hadn't already seen so many other "smart" throws by Tebow. It had nothing to do with any DB breaking on the ball....it had to do with his throwing motion/footwork....he's practically always thrown that pass that way...

Good news is that ball will rarely be intercepted....bad news is, it'll rarely reach the WR either

Mogulseeker
11-15-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm not buying that Tebow planned that outcome. It was more a matter of luck (****ty throw) then his decision to throw the ball into the dirt. Either it was bad throw or bad read, and I know I am hater.

IDK. There's something to the fact that Tebow has a 7-1 TD ratio, while only completing 44 percent of his passes.

That One Guy
11-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Cool setup he has there. Much more responsive than my DVR.

ludo21
11-15-2011, 09:28 AM
im more inclined to think it was just a terrible pass.

You are bound to have those in a game, he tends to have too many, but so long as were winning i dont care how many incompletions he has

elsid13
11-15-2011, 09:31 AM
IDK. There's something to the fact that Tebow has a 7-1 TD ratio, while only completing 44 percent of his passes.

More a factor of when they allow him to throw and what they call then, Tebow decision making at this point. McCoy has limited his reads and the calls are very easy for him to either throw to open/single covered receiver or tuck a run.

StugotsIII
11-15-2011, 09:37 AM
This offense is starting to remind me of Tresselball…without the free tattoo's.

Run, run and run some more with well timed passing and mistake free football. It's not fun to watch, but can be effective.

jhns
11-15-2011, 09:38 AM

So you would prefer that he holds the ball and takes a sack? Who exactly was the right read?

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Granted, we can't play the <s>Dolphins</s> Chiefs every week, but this was a better game than the stat junkies will see.

Especially when you consider balls that hit receivers in the hands.

im more inclined to think it was just a terrible pass.

You are bound to have those in a game, he tends to have too many, but so long as were winning i dont care how many incompletions he has

...what? Fox is highlighting THAT specific play to show how smart it was.

edog24
11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I will take dirt balls over int's any day!

theAPAOps5
11-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Clearly the grass dropped the ball. :)

I was critical of that throw so if it was a good play then good on Tebow! I apologize Timmy Tebow great leader of all that is just and right.

Turd_Ferguson
11-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Fox says "He's going to the outside guy.", and its true the db jumped the outside guys route... So I dont get why A. he didnt throw it to the inside guy, that was open, and B. why the ball landed in front of the inside guy? It was as if he was throwing to the inside guy that was open, and accidentally threw the ball into the ground...

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Didn't the announcers say something like that it looked like he tried to stop throwing in the middle of the throw? Meaning he recognized that he shouldn't put the ball out there, albeit late - if so, that's an improvement, and we need to Tebow to recognize it prior to the throw.

baja
11-15-2011, 10:09 AM

This is a very telling stat.

Basically it defines Tebow at this stage of his career and he is only going to get better.

Looks like we got a guy that can coach defense and draft players

Special teams are playing light years ahead of recent years

O line looks like it is rounding into one of the best young lines in the league.

Looks like we have the makings of a big time plug and play running game.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it. We are on out way to being a very good football team and should stay good for the foreseeable future.

MagicHef
11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Especially when you consider balls that hit receivers in the hands.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot more of those recently? Does the left handed spin have anything to do with it?

TonyR
11-15-2011, 10:13 AM
...we can't play the <s>Dolphins</s> <s>Raiders</s> Chiefs every week...

Fyp.... and hopefully we can add the Jets to the list next week!

errand
11-15-2011, 10:15 AM
guess this thread is gonna turn out like a Miller Lite commercial....

Bad Throw!

Smart Play!

That One Guy
11-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Is it just me, or have there been a lot more of those recently? Does the left handed spin have anything to do with it?

My theory is that by the time the player comes into our screen, they've already started to adjust to the ball. If he's missing by just a little and the players are having to do whatever adjustments they can on the fly, it can look to us like he's hitting them in the hand but in reality the receiver is trying to shift momentum or do something awkward with their body to be in position to make the catch. All of those awkward catch attempts increase the chances of drops.

I think it's a resonating theory from why Vick back in the day had so many drops. Lelie here had excellent hands but when he got to ATL, he joined the rest of their WRs in dropping balls. I think Vick was just close enough to make it seem like a good throw but the WRs were compensating and making it look better than it was.

mkporter
11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
if you didn't figure that out during the game, then you haven't been watching football very long

Is there any particular manner in which you'd like all of us to pay tribute to how awesome you are?

Spider
11-15-2011, 10:19 AM
really analyzing a ball that was thrown away ? Is it really that bad

Hercules Rockefeller
11-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Decker should have caught the first deep ball, but Tim flat out underthrew an open WR. The second deep ball was even worse. Decker was even more open and it probably should have been picked.

So that's 2 bad throws right there.

yerner
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
So you would prefer that he holds the ball and takes a sack? Who exactly was the right read?

I don't know. The guy inside was open. He could have given him the ball and a chance to a make a play. I'm just calling bull**** that it was a conscious decision on Tebow's part. If anything, he screwed up in the read and saw a flash of the wrong color and dirt balled it. It was just a reaction.

baja
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Fyp.... and hopefully we can add the Jets to the list next week!

LOL

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 10:34 AM

There have.

Personally I think it's directly related to more targets to Eddie... :(

baja
11-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Decker should have caught the first deep ball, but Tim flat out underthrew an open WR. The second deep ball was even worse. Decker was even more open and it probably should have been picked.

No Decker runs too fast. It's deceiving because he's a white guy.

jhns
11-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't know. The guy inside was open. He could have given him the ball and a chance to a make a play. I'm just calling bull**** that it was a conscious decision on Tebow's part. If anything, he screwed up in the read and saw a flash of the wrong color and dirt balled it. It was just a reaction.

Well, I'll go rewatch tonight. We can see if there are just haters in this thread or if Fox is full of crap.

jhns
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM

This happens when you give away your two top receivers without even trying to replace them.

errand
11-15-2011, 10:47 AM
really analyzing a ball that was thrown away ? Is it really that bad

I'll never bitch if our QB throws away a pass to avoid an INT or avoid a sack,

Having said that though, you gotta admit that alot of posters on here bitched whenever Orton threw the ball away...especially in the red zone.

amazing how not throwing ints in between the 20's carries more weight than not throwing them in the red zone does, huh

Orton does it...He sucks!

Tebow does it...Wow the kid's pretty smart!

jhns
11-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I'll never b**** if our QB throws away a pass to avoid an INT or avoid a sack,

Having said that though, you gotta admit that alot of posters on here b****ed whenever Orton threw the ball away...especially in the red zone.

amazing how not throwing ints in between the 20's carries more weight than not throwing them in the red zone does, huh

Poor Orton. How we miss your 4-14. Tebow, and his 4-3, will never be as good as Orton!

Gort
11-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I will take dirt balls over int's any day!

???

you will take KC fans over Cutler's throws any day?

i don't understand.

:wiggle:

TonyR
11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
This happens when you give away your two top receivers without even trying to replace them.

Yup, we could use Lloyd right now. That being said you can understand why a WR wouldn't be happy on this team. 8 total WR targets in a game? That's a WR's worst nightmare!

StugotsIII
11-15-2011, 10:52 AM
I played QB in HS...yes, I'm a badass...

I remember my sophomore season...I fired a pass 10 feet over a guys head. My coach was shaking his head "yes" while saying to me..."good job throwing it away." I thought to myself....yeah....I threw that one away....meanwhile...it was just a ****ty throw...

jhns
11-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Yup, we could use Lloyd right now. That being said you can understand why a WR wouldn't be happy on this team. 8 total WR targets in a game? That's a WR's worst nightmare!

Maybe it would have been more if we had receivers though. Lloyd had just as good of stats with Tebow as he had with Orton last season. That said, Lloyd was crying to the media when Orton was in, so he obviously didn't like this offense. Anyways, who cares? Someday this team will realize that the guys in charge have to be in control. Right now, we let the players decide what happens. I have never seen a successful team operate this way.

baja
11-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Poor Orton. How we miss your 4-14. Tebow, and his 4-3, will never be as good as Orton!

He'll only be as good as Orton if he leads the Broncos to 11 straight losses

broncocalijohn
11-15-2011, 11:05 AM

That is saying that many passes would be intercepted if not thrown away. I don't think it is even close. Many throws are put in a spot where the receiver was not there 2 seconds before. If a QB is leading a receiver to the ball and it is a ****ty throw (way in front or way in back of receiver) then it has a good chance of being picked. There is nothing to your fact of 7-1 and a 44% completion rate except a small % of throwing a ball away instead of forcing it. Tebow is off at least 16% of his throws and those are not for the mire fact of "throwing it away".

errand
11-15-2011, 11:14 AM

Well, let's see...D. thomas was healthy heading into this camp, and has the size, and athletic ability that few WR's possess which made Gaffney expendable...or does playing a young 1st round pick over a 7-8 year vet only apply to QB's?

Add in the Decker's stepping up and basically being our best threat, and Royal coming off injury with DT as well, WR was considered one of our few strengths, making Lloyd expendable.

Besides, i thought you clowns hated Lloyd since he supported Orton and was the alleged ring leader of the locker room dissention over Tebow starting?

rock
11-15-2011, 11:16 AM

I've followed his career since UF. He doesn't throw many INT's for a reason. You saw evidence of that this week.

bendog
11-15-2011, 11:17 AM

I think the bottom line is that Lloyd was more interested in his contract year than winning games or the long term benefit of the Denver Broncos.

rock
11-15-2011, 11:18 AM
But here's the thing guys... Fox said it was a smart play. Who are you going to give more weight to their opinion? Fox or some dude hiding behind his computer?

jhns
11-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, let's see...D. thomas was healthy heading into this camp, and has the size, and athletic ability that few WR's possess which made Gaffney expendable...or does playing a young 1st round pick over a 7-8 year vet only apply to QB's?

Add in the Decker's stepping up and basically being our best threat, and Royal coming off injury with DT as well, WR was considered one of our few strengths, making Lloyd expendable.

Besides, i thought you clowns hated Lloyd since he supported Orton and was the alleged ring leader of the locker room dissention over Tebow starting?

1) Wtf has DT done? Tebow outplayed Orton in live games before I started wanting him to play. Thomas has yet to outplay me at receiver.

2) The best threat isn't a number one receiver. We don't have a number one receiver. We have a bunch of three receivers. Maybe Decker could be a good two guy. Receiver is now a weakness. You are a clown.

3) Show me. You keep claiming I hated Lloyd in multiple threads. I keep asking you to prove it. You never do.

bendog
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
I think Fox wouldn't miss a chance to give Tebow credit for something that was really an accident. I think it's possible that Tebow belatedly decided the throw wasn't there, and pulled his punch, so to speak. But, at this pt of his career, I don't see Tebow intentioally throwing anything away if he thinks there's any chance to run.

jhns
11-15-2011, 11:29 AM
I think Fox wouldn't miss a chance to give Tebow credit for something that was really an accident. I think it's possible that Tebow belatedly decided the throw wasn't there, and pulled his punch, so to speak. But, at this pt of his career, I don't see Tebow intentioally throwing anything away if he thinks there's any chance to run.

Why do you keep claiming he won't, or can't, do things that he has alreasy done? I just don't understand. You are going way beyond stupid.

errand
11-15-2011, 11:31 AM

you're so transparent clown....if you didn't cherry pick your numbers, you'd have more credibility...but then again you engage in hero worship, so you have to cherry pick.

Orton was 12-21.

For his career he's 33-33

amazing how you count 66% of his losses but only 33% of his wins as a Broncos QB.

broncocalijohn
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
I've followed his career since UF. He doesn't throw many INT's for a reason. You saw evidence of that this week.

ok then, is it because he tried only 8 passes?

jhns
11-15-2011, 11:36 AM
you're so transparent clown....if you didn't cherry pick your numbers, you'd have more credibility...but then again you engage in hero worship, so you have to cherry pick.

Orton was 12-21.

For his career he's 33-33

amazing how you count 66% of his losses but only 33% of his wins as a Broncos QB.

I counted when they played with the same teams. Amazing how you think other seasons are relevant, even though they still prove my point.

Then again, I am much smarter than you. I didn't really expect you to keep up.

The Moops
11-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I know the announcers made a big deal about that throw but as soon as I saw the replay I thought it was a smart because the receiver was NOT open. If Aaron Rodgers threw that pass in the dirt the announcers would have said, "Rodgers is SO smart. He made the only play you could make in that situation."

bendog
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
ok then, is it because he tried only 8 passes?

TEN. Don't you DARE diss Tim!

That One Guy
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I know the announcers made a big deal about that throw but as soon as I saw the replay I thought it was a smart because the receiver was NOT open. If Aaron Rodgers threw that pass in the dirt the announcers would have said, "Rodgers is SO smart. He made the only play you could make in that situation."

Rodgers has proven that if he throws it in the dirt, it's usually because that's where he wanted it to go. He gets the benefit of the doubt.

That One Guy
11-15-2011, 12:12 PM
But here's the thing guys... Fox said it was a smart play. Who are you going to give more weight to their opinion? Fox or some dude hiding behind his computer?

There were posters on here claiming Tebow should've started from day 1. Fox said Orton gave the best chance to win.

Did Fox really know better then, as well?

Not that I'm clamoring for either party but you appear to be a Tebow fan so to say you absolutely align behind the coach's decisions is probably a bit inaccurate.

Turd_Ferguson
11-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I found a clip of Tebow practicing "making the smart throw" on you tube check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8zl7f_P9h0

bronco militia
11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Is there any particular manner in which you'd like all of us to pay tribute to how awesome you are?

cash is good

vonqkilla
11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
The whole article is really good.

” we dont have a passer, we have a runner, that can pass”

jhns
11-15-2011, 12:23 PM
There were posters on here claiming Tebow should've started from day 1. Fox said Orton gave the best chance to win.

Did Fox really know better then, as well?

Not that I'm clamoring for either party but you appear to be a Tebow fan so to say you absolutely align behind the coach's decisions is probably a bit inaccurate.

This.

The current coaching staff has proven to be not much smarter than the last. They are giving away talent and are unable to see the obvious. I really wish we would get a front office that is smarter than I am.

I think they brought in some good talent though. This front office still may be good for something.

Lolad
11-15-2011, 12:50 PM

In the postgame conference Fox said that there was wind effecting both throws or the score would have been dramatically different. So essentially Tebow didn't have any bad passes

That One Guy
11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
In the postgame conference Fox said that there was wind effecting both throws or the score would have been dramatically different. So essentially Tebow didn't have any bad passes

No.

This logic is stupid.

bendog
11-15-2011, 12:56 PM
No.

This logic is stupid.

Fox is just learning to tell the tebowites what they have to hear. I assume he thinks the rest of us can tell it's bull****, or maybe he thinks the entire fanbase are tebowites.

Lolad
11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
No.

This logic is stupid.

Don't shoot the messenger that is what our coach said pertaining to those two throws. You weren't in the stadium so you wouldn't know anyway

jhns
11-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Don't shoot the messenger that is what our coach said pertaining to those two throws. You weren't in the stadium so you wouldn't know anyway

Elway was gushing over the 56 yard pass because it was perfect in so much wind.

cabronco
11-15-2011, 01:14 PM

I went back & rewatched about 10 plays in the 1st half yesterday. I did not realize it during the game on Sunday, but rewatching it, there were certain camera angles showing Fox and company on the sidelines and you can really see the wind blowing against their shirts and pants. So I can see how the wind would affect those high arcing throws.

That One Guy
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM

I should've clarified better.

In the postgame conference

[What the coach said] Fox said that there was wind effecting both throws or the score would have been dramatically different.

[What you said]So essentially Tebow didn't have any bad passes

Your logic was stupid. If the wind is so strong that a throw can't be made, any attempt at throwing in it is stupid. The fact that deep balls aren't as accurate in bad weather is not rocket science nor a new discovery. Throw shorter, tighter passes and overcome the wind... wait...

Lolad
11-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I should've clarified better.

Your logic was stupid. If the wind is so strong that a throw can't be made, any attempt at throwing in it is stupid. The fact that deep balls aren't as accurate in bad weather is not rocket science nor a new discovery. Throw shorter, tighter passes and overcome the wind... wait...

I'm not the one who called for the deep bomb in the wind. So it's not my logic that is on trial here. I do agree with you that if they thought the wind was bad they shouldn't have thrown it deep but they did and look what happened.

That One Guy
11-15-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm not the one who called for the deep bomb in the wind. So it's not my logic that is on trial here. I do agree with you that if they thought the wind was bad they shouldn't have thrown it deep but they did and look what happened.

It was the "so he had no bad passes" logic that I disagreed with.

Calling your logic stupid was probably just because I felt like being a prick :)

If Tebow was unable to compensate for the wind, then logic would hold that the one he did hit was a bad pass that the wind redirected enough to make it a perfect throw. It's just impossible to use such logic to justify that he had no bad passes if you're instantly going to excuse any that failed.

bendog
11-15-2011, 01:46 PM
It was the "so he had no bad passes" logic that I disagreed with.

Calling your logic stupid was probably just because I felt like being a prick :)

If Tebow was unable to compensate for the wind, then logic would hold that the one he did hit was a bad pass that the wind redirected enough to make it a perfect throw. It's just impossible to use such logic to justify that he had no bad passes if you're instantly going to excuse any that failed.

One cannot discount Devine Intervention stepping in to alter wind velocity at critical times.

huh??
11-15-2011, 02:32 PM

Kinda seems like Decker's okay with it, in a Team First kinda way...

"I believe running the ball wins championships," said Eric Decker, who led the team in receiving -- with one catch for 56 yards. "Passing the ball is fun in my position and it's fun to watch, probably. It doesn't matter how we get it done every week. It may be different. Like I said, a win in a division game is big no matter what."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Run-Past-Chiefs-17-10/6d4ded9a-60b2-40bc-a417-672ae14ec010

Bronco Yoda
11-15-2011, 03:50 PM

You may be right. But wouldn't you rather his instinct be dirt nap it instead of forcing it in there for a possible pick. I'll take a jittery safe over reaction resulting from confusion than a dumb lazy over confident forced pick any day.

Spider
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I'll never b**** if our QB throws away a pass to avoid an INT or avoid a sack,

Having said that though, you gotta admit that alot of posters on here b****ed whenever Orton threw the ball away...especially in the red zone.

;D yeah funny how that works

oubronco
11-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Shytty throw was a shytty throw

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Shytty throw was a shytty throw

Shytty post is a shytty post

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2011, 06:31 PM
True or not, should at the very least silence anyone thinking Fox wants Tebow to fail. (as ridiculous as that is)

No reason to back him on that play if that were the case.

i am watching the game again and I have to agree. The second long pass to Decker was a decent throw, but there was some mis-communication. That gets worked out with time. Masterful game plan, great defense, and gutsy execution. We might not win another game, but this was a keeper.

Jay3
11-15-2011, 06:32 PM

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

lod01
11-15-2011, 06:33 PM
This offense is starting to remind me of Tresselball…without the free tattoo's.

Run, run and run some more with well timed passing and mistake free football. It's not fun to watch, but can be effective.

It's about to meet the same fate as Scam Newtons bull****. Tennessee took that turd apart. Defenses will soon take the tebow apart.

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2011, 06:33 PM

And most of all, Jay Cutler.

Armchair Bronco
11-15-2011, 06:34 PM
What's the typical completion percentage for a long bomb? Seems to me that a lot of Tebow's throws are low percentage bombs. Back in the 1970's that's all the Raiders used to do.

I'll bet that fewer than 30% of all long bombs are actually completed.

Jay3
11-15-2011, 06:37 PM
The point is not to transform the dirt-ball into a good play, or even a non-bad play. Maybe he should have looked somewhere else. Maybe he should have thrown it to the inside guy.

The point is only that the throw wasn't a product of a horrible accuracy. He was dirting it because he had started to throw it into a possible pick six situation. Great instinct.

oubronco
11-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Shytty post is a shytty post

If he was so precise in where his pass was going why didn't he just hit the open receiver right in front of him

oubronco
11-15-2011, 06:52 PM
It's about to meet the same fate as Scam Newtons bull****. Tennessee took that turd apart. Defenses will soon take the tebow apart.

Maybe so but why not enjoy the ride while you can

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 06:55 PM
If he was so precise in where his pass was going why didn't he just hit the open receiver right in front of him

I guess you didn't bother to actually watch where Fox lauds praise on him for that exact play, eh?

oubronco
11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
I guess you didn't bother to actually watch where Fox lauds praise on him for that exact play, eh?

Praise for throwing the ball in the dirt when he could've easily hit the open receiver so why not praise the all mighty one

Hamrob
11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't buy it.

I'm a Tebow fan....and man do I want him to do well...

But, he threw that ball in the dirt. He didn't read tha guy flying up to the ball...he threw a bad ball (period).

This is Tim Tebow. If he had seen that guy flying up and taking away that route...he would have tucked the ball and ran up the middle.

TheReverend
11-15-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't buy it.

I'm a Tebow fan....and man do I want him to do well...

But, he threw that ball in the dirt. He didn't read tha guy flying up to the ball...he threw a bad ball (period).

This is Tim Tebow. If he had seen that guy flying up and taking away that route...he would have tucked the ball and ran up the middle.

Not if you're midway into the throw.