PDA

View Full Version : Not scared of Revis, and this is why.

Doggcow
11-14-2011, 02:59 AM
I think the Chiefs came in all it's hilarity could be helpful preparation for the Jets.

I mean, really, what do the Jets excel at? Rushing the passer, and playing pass D with elite coverage players, like Revis.

WE DON'T PASS. Revis is thus, negated!

Ha. Advantage Tebow.

Kaylore
11-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Revis is a good tackler and plays physical. Against a read option and even triple option offense, smart corners who tackle well are a boon.

TonyR
11-14-2011, 06:48 AM
I think the problem with the logic that we're set up well to beat the Jets is that because their corners (particularly Revis) are so good they'll be able to single cover our WR's and everybody else, including the safties, will be primarily charged with stopping the run. So they'll be able to bring 8-9 guys near the LOS most of the time. We will have to have some success throwing the ball to win this game.

alkemical
11-14-2011, 08:04 AM
So, this isn't a 'little known Tebow effect'?

lod01
11-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Revis will eliminate decker. The rest of the team will eliminate teblow.

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2011, 08:17 AM

I still believe in Royal and Thomas.

beardedwonder
11-14-2011, 08:25 AM
If tebow underthrows a ball revis and cromartie will take advantage of it

strafen
11-14-2011, 08:30 AM
If tebow underthrows a ball revis and cromartie will take advantage of it

If Tebow underthrows the ball, nobody is going to catch it, unless Revis and Cromartie took a diving course...

KO5K
11-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Well aren't you a bundle of joy.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I think the problem with the logic that we're set up well to beat the Jets is that because their corners (particularly Revis) are so good they'll be able to single cover our WR's and everybody else, including the safties, will be primarily charged with stopping the run. So they'll be able to bring 8-9 guys near the LOS most of the time. We will have to have some success throwing the ball to win this game.

The good thing about this is that whatever defense the jets play, it will be foriegn to them. This is our advantage, im not sure if i trust McCoy to be creative enough to make it work for us though

Simple Jake
11-14-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8tBvGqOkgk

Kaylore
11-14-2011, 09:41 AM

I dub thee "UnMacgruder."

cutthemdown
11-14-2011, 09:42 AM

You mean like Raiders and Chiefs did? No one is rolling safetys into coverage vs the Broncos. Revis basically will get to tackle runners and that is it. Broncos won't throw over there IMO.

BMF Bronco
11-14-2011, 09:42 AM
I dub thee "UnMacgruder."

i thought is was TGN's son

cutthemdown
11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Plus I think we can get to Sanchez and force him into mistakes. We should have beaten the Jets last time we played them.

Kaylore
11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
You mean like Raiders and Chiefs did? No one is rolling safetys into coverage vs the Broncos. Revis basically will get to tackle runners and that is it. Broncos won't throw over there IMO.

Yeah the Chiefs corners are actually pretty good.

TonyR
11-14-2011, 09:53 AM
You mean like Raiders and Chiefs did?

If I recall correctly on at least one of the long throws to Decker there were two defenders in the area, but I could be mistaken. Revis would be a threat to intercept the ball on those plays where the throw is underthrown or off target. And the Jets probably have a better all around front 7 than either the Chiefs or Raiders.

cut, you're usually one of the more realistic guys. You're buying into this more than I'd expect. I'm not as convinced as most. A win against the Jets may sell me.

errand
11-14-2011, 10:05 AM

After watching Gronkowski dominate the Jets...I guess perhaps Fells might have a good game if we utilize the TE.

One thing about the Broncos...we will take a shot or two deep per half...aand Brady picked on the Jets safeties all night

Andre Carter had 4.5 sacks himself...I'm guessing Von should get about as many if not the same....on several plays the Jets had 7 guys trying to block 4, and dirty Sanchez still got sacked.

If we can keep game close and not turn the ball over, I think tebow can complete a few more passes, and if Ball can net 96 more yards, we should prevail 20-16

DBroncos4life
11-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I still believe in Royal and Thomas.

How about Santa and the Easter bunny? ;D

maven
11-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Revis gets away with too much roughing up WR's. Glad to see a call on him yesterday.

broncocalijohn
11-14-2011, 10:12 AM
If Tebow underthrows the ball, nobody is going to catch it, unless Revis and Cromartie took a diving course...

Exactly. We have seen what Tebow does to some of his throws. Good thing about Tebow is when he is terribly missing his receiver, they are normally too low for anyone but a groundhog to catch.

bendog
11-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Or 20 yds over the wr and into the bench.

Drunk Monkey
11-14-2011, 10:27 AM
After watching Gronkowski dominate the Jets...I guess perhaps Fells might have a good game if we utilize the TE.

One thing about the Broncos...we will take a shot or two deep per half...aand Brady picked on the Jets safeties all night

Andre Carter had 4.5 sacks himself...I'm guessing Von should get about as many if not the same....on several plays the Jets had 7 guys trying to block 4, and dirty Sanchez still got sacked.

If we can keep game close and not turn the ball over, I think tebow can complete a few more passes, and if Ball can net 96 more yards, we should prevail 20-16

I agree, The Pats exposed the Jets safties last night. We should do the same. I think our TE's are going to have a field day.

errand
11-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Or 20 yds over the wr and into the bench.

...ok that was funny, I don't care who you are.

TonyR
11-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I think our TE's are going to have a field day.

I hope you're right, but would be curious to know what you or anyone has seen from this offense to give you any indication we can do this...

broncosteven
11-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Can Eddy throw the ball?

Maybe we start seeing RB pitches with a pass option this week.

Too bad Quinn's accuraccy is just as bad or we could line up a 2 QB and 1 RB backfield formation giving Tebow the option to handoff/pitch the RB for a run play, run the ball himself, or pitch (or direct snap) to Quinn with a pass/run option.

If you have ever seen a game from the 40's or 50's you will know what I mean.

I kinda like to see them using what teams did back in the early days to find ways to win with what you have.

mCd was always trying to pound round pegs into square holes so it is nice to see Fox finding way to win with what they have.

Drunk Monkey
11-14-2011, 11:12 AM
I hope you're right, but would be curious to know what you or anyone has seen from this offense to give you any indication we can do this...

Well..... we know we can run. We think we know the Jets have a flaw at safety. We hope we can throw to a TE. If we can't throw we go back to mongoloid football and hope to beat them that way.

Bronco Yoda
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM