PDA

View Full Version : The Rest of Our Schedule

Ronnie Tsunami
11-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Predict how we will fare the next 7 weeks folks.

Here is our schedule:

http://i44.tinypic.com/33ok31j.jpg

My prediction:
NYJ - L

SD- W

MIN- W

CHI- L

NE- L

BUF- W

KC-W

Team goes 7-4 down the stretch, finishes at a respectable 8-8 on the year. We just get nudged out by a SD team that wakes up and finds itself late in the year, yet again.

MileHighMagic
11-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Fk that! We run the table and give everyone a nice **** burger surprise. Ship it!

baja
11-13-2011, 05:01 PM
I think we beat the Jets.

NYBroncoManiac
11-13-2011, 05:04 PM
One. Game. At. A. Time.

Lycan
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Is it just me or did this stretch look a lot more intimidating 2-3 weeks ago?

Hamrob
11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
As things stand now, here is my prediction:

NYJ - W

SD- L

MIN- W

CHI- L

NE- L

BUF- W

KC-W

I see us going 4-3 the rest of the way...and that would be outstanding. Sure, I could see us potentially winning against SD, Chi, and NE too...but, the same could be said about us possibly losing against the Jets, and Buffalo.

We need to take it one week at a time and not get caught up with the where we are headed...just yet.

Popps
11-13-2011, 06:05 PM
This forum will have at least 4 more "we are the worst team ever/we are awesome" swings until the season is over.

Fact is, we're a below average team that is now fun to watch... and I personally think you're seeing the beginning of a turn for the better for the organization. Good draft, some good coaches, a new philosophy and MAYBE an exciting young QB prospect.

We just have to stick with it and be patient. I have a feeling the front office will indeed to just that, despite the manic mood swings of the fans.

gunns
11-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't understand the L by the Pats. We've traditionally owned them with a just a couple of exceptions, regardless of how good they are or how bad we are.

Mile High Mojoe
11-13-2011, 06:10 PM
This forum will have at least 4 more "we are the worst team ever/we are awesome" swings until the season is over.

Fact is, we're a below average team that is now fun to watch... and I personally think you're seeing the beginning of a turn for the better for the organization. Good draft, some good coaches, a new philosophy and MAYBE an exciting young QB prospect.

We just have to stick with it and be patient. I have a feeling the front office will indeed to just that, despite the manic mood swings of the fans.

This

brncs_fan
11-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Taking it one week at a time.

ZachKC
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Fk that! We run the table and give everyone a nice **** burger surprise. Ship it!

You won 2 in a row for the first time in a few years...slow your roll.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Only concerned about the jets. I don't know why people want to put the cart before the horse...

HAT
11-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Is it just me or did this stretch look a lot more intimidating 2-3 weeks ago?

Just you.

Dedhed
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM

I like this idea better.

Lycan
11-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Just you.

I'm just saying the Pats look worse, the Bills look much worse and San Diego looks worse. Add to that the fact we just beat KC in their own house with just 8 pass attempts.

I'm not saying we are going to run the table or anything but I could see us upsetting someone.

edog24
11-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Well, one thing we have seen (both with Orton and Tebow) is that we don't match up well with the elite talent teams.

I think we have trouble with Jets, NE, Chi.

However, the rest I think we win those, provided we keep playing this well.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-13-2011, 07:36 PM
lets just hope denver has the qb of the future and he continues to drive the anti tebow fans insane . i find it fun to watch them go postal . but then we got mcgruder he is the only thing bad about tebow winning losing or being a bronco or even existing.

KCStud
11-13-2011, 07:37 PM
You won 2 in a row for the first time in a few years...slow your roll.

What do you expect? They're all Tebow homers.

Tim
11-13-2011, 07:37 PM
8-8

brncs_fan
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM
What do you expect? They're all Tebow homers.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/78/155733289_44299089e6.jpg

crush17
11-13-2011, 08:54 PM
All I care about is this Thursday and the NY Jets. Get that W before worrying bout anything else.

razorwire77
11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I said 6-10 when Tebow took over and I think +1 or 2 over that is really possible. The team finishes 7-9 give or take, which is a massive success only one year removed from the McDaniel's debacle, and given the holes and youth on this team.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-13-2011, 09:16 PM
any improvement over ronald mcdaniels the fast food nfl coach clown is a step in the right direction . i think belicheck sent him to destroy the broncos by grabbing bowlen and hypnotizing him

Bronx33
11-13-2011, 09:17 PM
just beat the snot out of the bears please.

Simple Jake
11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow.. These bitter-ass KFC fans seem to show up on every thread.. I'm starting to think they are secretly Denver fans from how much time they've been spending on the Mane tonight

Bronx33
11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Wow.. These bitter-ass KFC fans seem to show up on every thread.. I'm starting to think they are secretly Denver fans from how much time they've been spending on the Mane tonight

They're mad because their Palko jerseys came in too late.

Crushaholic
11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Only concerned about the jets. I don't know why people want to put the cart before the horse...

Only the team has to take games one at a time. As fans, we can speculate on anything we want...

NYJ - L

SD- L

MIN- W

CHI- L

NE- L

BUF- L

KC-W

HorseHead
11-14-2011, 05:37 AM
if he gets us to 7-8 wins, he's starting next year..book it...

HAT
11-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Sticking with my prediction from when the change was made....

W @ Miami: Denver rapes them off of a bye & the team being energized with Tebow getting his 1st 2011 start in Florida.

W vs. Detroit....Barely. Denver will let down some but Detroit will more. They're sandwiched between ATL & a division game vs. the Bears. Home field & the fact that Detroit will be coming off 5 straight dome games will net Denver a close win.

W @ Oakland. Another close one but the momentum of getting to .500 will push Denver over the top. Oakland will be a little sloppy after their bye & slightly look ahead to SD the following week.

W @ KC. It's the Chiefs..."Nuff said.

L vs. Jets. A very frustrating loss considering a 4 game win streak including 3 on the road. The home crowd will be going nuts but Denver's offense regresses big time & only musters 10 points.

W @ SD. Denver finds a way & at 6-5 it's anybody's AFCW (Except the Chiefs of course)

L @ Minny. AP goes nuts & Ponder is finding his way.

W vs. Chicago.....No explanation needed.

L vs. NE. Denver loses a heartbreaking shootout. 41-37

W @ Buff....Denver's offense is rolling at this point & they come up on the right side of a shootout scoring 33

W vs. KC....b**** please.

LetsGoBroncos
11-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Denver:

vsNew York - W
@San Diego - L
@Minnesota - W
vsChicago - W
vsNew England - L
@Buffalo - L
vsKansas City - W

8-8, 3-3 Division Record

Oakland

@Minnesota - W
vsChicago - L
@Miami - W
@Green Bay - L
vsDetroit - L
@Kansas City - L
vsSan Diego W

8-8, 3-3 Division Record

Kansas City

@New England - L
vsPittsburgh - L
@Chicago - L
@New York - L
vsGreen Bay - L
vsOakland - W
@Denver - L

5-11, 3-3 Division Record

San Diego

@Chicago - L
vsDenver - W
@Jacksonville - W
vsBuffalo - W
vsBaltimore - L
@Detroit - L
@Oakland - L

7-9, 3-3 Division Record

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2011, 08:29 AM
just beat the snot out of the bears please.

/signed

edog24
11-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Denver:

vsNew York - W
@San Diego - L
@Minnesota - W
vsChicago - W
vsNew England - L
@Buffalo - L
vsKansas City - W

8-8, 3-3 Division Record

Oakland

@Minnesota - W
vsChicago - L
@Miami - W
@Green Bay - L
vsDetroit - L
@Kansas City - L
vsSan Diego W

8-8, 3-3 Division Record

Kansas City

@New England - L
vsPittsburgh - L
@Chicago - L
@New York - L
vsGreen Bay - L
vsOakland - W
@Denver - L

5-11, 3-3 Division Record

San Diego

@Chicago - L
vsDenver - W
@Jacksonville - W
vsBuffalo - W
vsBaltimore - L
@Detroit - L
@Oakland - L

7-9, 3-3 Division Record

So with all the tiebreaker voodoo, who would win the division in this scenario?

55CrushEm
11-14-2011, 08:34 AM
I don't understand the L by the Pats. We've traditionally owned them with a just a couple of exceptions, regardless of how good they are or how bad we are.

Yeah. And Tom Brady is either 1-6 or 1-7 lifetime vs. Denver. His only win coming in 2003 when we started our 3rd string QB, Danny Kanell because Plummer and Beurlein were both injured.

Even then, they BARELY beat us because Belicheat took an intentional safety, then when they got the ball back they marched up the field picking on Deltha O'Neal the entire way.....

LetsGoBroncos
11-14-2011, 08:43 AM
So with all the tiebreaker voodoo, who would win the division in this scenario?

First is head to head - We split

Second is division record

Third is winning % in games against common opponents - At the moment us and the Raiders are both 2-3, but they still play GB, Chicago, and Detroit

55CrushEm
11-14-2011, 09:31 AM
First is head to head - We split

Second is division record

Third is winning % in games against common opponents - At the moment us and the Raiders are both 2-3, but they still play GB, Chicago, and Detroit

Good to know. At least (despite losing both)....we've gotten GB and Detroit out of the way. So on that note, our schedule would appear easier down the stretch than Oakland's.

MOCRUSH
11-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah. And Tom Brady is either 1-6 or 1-7 lifetime vs. Denver. His only win coming in 2003 when we started our 3rd string QB, Danny Kanell because Plummer and Beurlein were both injured.

Even then, they BARELY beat us because Belicheat took an intentional safety, then when they got the ball back they marched up the field picking on Deltha O'Neal the entire way.....

Win, lose or draw, the look on Brady's face after me makes the acquaintance of Von Miller will be priceless:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

bendog
11-15-2011, 09:09 AM
not to be a killjoy, but the reality is Den hasn't beaten anyone who doesn't absolutely suck ass, and only got a W in Mia cause their coach screwed up, and I don't see them beating Oak w/o Campbell going down. The team sucks and doesn't have a legit tailback outside Maghee who is not only old but is carrying more a workload than he has in years.

that said, the Jests may be demoralized and their coach may be on the ropes

Spider
11-15-2011, 09:22 AM
power running and stout defense .....explosive offense will give us fits if they get a lead .......Pats jump out as tough road to travel

jmz313
11-15-2011, 09:31 AM
not to be a killjoy......

and I don't see them beating Oak w/o Campbell going down.

I don't know about this, Palmer's Aggressive, well thrown passes accounted for 2 of their TDs. J Campbell does not attempt/connect on those passes. Just my opinion on that tidbit.

MagicHef
11-15-2011, 09:57 AM
not to be a killjoy, but the reality is Den hasn't beaten anyone who doesn't absolutely suck ass, and only got a W in Mia cause their coach screwed up, and I don't see them beating Oak w/o Campbell going down. The team sucks and doesn't have a legit tailback outside Maghee who is not only old but is carrying more a workload than he has in years.

that said, the Jests may be demoralized and their coach may be on the ropes

Good to know you already have an excuse in case we beat the Jets.

bendog
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe. It's just that when some reporter asked Fox about winning the division it was like "hey let's not get ahead of ourselves here." The team's improved. The oline's improved. I'm not sure that given a full offseason with minicamps and all that McCoy and Orton couldn't have moved the team, but what they're doing with Tebow is spreading out the defense out of the box, and Orton wasn't scaring any defenses.

Allen obviously has the defense playing better than the individual players. That pass to the wr who caught it on Dawkins' back was just embarrasing.

Elway said the team was better than 4 wins, but he wasn't committing to much more. It's a rebuild.

bendog
11-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Good to know you already have an excuse in case we beat the Jets.

What's the betting line?

MagicHef
11-15-2011, 10:20 AM
What's the betting line?

I have no idea. I also have no idea what it would have to do with you discounting every good thing this team does.

bendog
11-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Well, einstein, there's a reason the jests are giving up pts on the road, but thanks for your insight.

MagicHef
11-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Well, einstein, there's a reason the jests are giving up pts on the road, but thanks for your insight.

Yes, I understand that the Jets are considered a better team than us, but I still don't see why that has anything to do with you attributing every win to the other team's actions rather than the Broncos'.