PDA

View Full Version : Main reason the Chiefs will beat the Broncos...

Bob's your Information Minister
11-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Is the first bolded part. Almost impossible to do in this league, especially for a crappy team led by John Fox.

Will the Broncos be able to hang with the Chiefsí intensity and pull off two consecutive road wins against division rivals? Here are three matchups that should play a role in determining exactly that.

Broncos runners vs. Chiefs linebackers

The Broncos read-option offense proved to be too difficult to handle for the Raiders last week, with players often losing contain on their side, allowing Tebow or Willis McGahee (+3.2) significant open field to work with. The Raiders simply couldnít accurately identify who was going to be running with the ball or which way they were running. With a week to study the film, the Chiefs should be better-prepared and display better discipline than the Raiders did last week. In their 3-4 defense, it will come down to outside linebackers Tamba Hali (+4.4 run defense) and Andy Studebaker to set the edge and funnel those perimeter runs back inside. Haliís importance to this game canít be understated as he is not only the Chiefs biggest source of pass rush, but he also has to be able to perform his pass rushing duties without giving up position in the run game. The task wonít be as easy to perform as it is write, to say the least. If Hali and Studebaker can keep contain, the Broncos wonít be putting up anywhere near the 298 rushing yards they did a week ago. Inside linebackers Derrick Johnson (+14.4) and Jovan Belcher are more than capable of making plays in the run game if those runs are forced back inside instead of being races to the edge as they were a week ago against Oakland.

Broncos wide receivers vs. Chiefs defensive backs

One way the Chiefs can make their job easier on defense is to take the passing game out of the equation. If they know the run is coming, itíll be that much easier to make the play. When thereís actually a threat of the pass, Tebow and McGahee are a dangerous pair of weapons running out of the option. With the way Matt Moore dismantled the Chiefs secondary last week, the potential for some big pass plays may be there. As the defense concentrates so hard on the run, they can get mixed up in coverage as the Raiders did last week when Eddie Royal broke free for an uncontested touchdown catch.

Left cornerback Brandon Flowers (+4.6) hasnít graded negatively in two consecutive games since his rookie year in 2008, so weíd expect him to rebound from a subpar showing last week. His primary assignment will probably be Royal, as he has seen more snaps on the right side than any other position this year. Demaryius Thomas (-2.4) is still waiting to break out like fellow second-year receiver Eric Decker and now in his fourth game of the season, itís time for him to show something to indicate his selection in the first round wasnít a mistake. None of these receivers can complain about lack of opportunities, as they see more single-coverage than any other receivers in the league thanks to having Tebow as their quarterback.

Champ Bailey vs. Dwayne Bowe

I wanted to discuss the Broncos pass rush vs. the Chiefs offensive line here, especially after the former did well and the latter played miserably last week, but hereís an individual matchup thatís just too good to resist talking about. True cornerback/receiver individual matchups just donít happen all that often anymore, so when there is one, and a high-profile one at that, itís hard not to get excited about it. Bailey (+2.2) is declining slowly, but is still leaps and bounds ahead of most cornerbacks and whatever he loses in speed and athleticism, he makes up for with veteran savvy and unteachable instincts. Bowe (+6.1) on the other hand, is nearing the prime of his career and trying to break through from that class of very good receivers into the class of elite ones. The best part is that these guys arenít just on the field at the same time, we will actually get to see them go head-to-head time and again as the Broncos used Bailey to shadow Bowe last season and since heís been used in that way multiple times this season, thereís no reason to think the same wonít happen in this game.

Bailey has only allowed 13 catches in his coverage this year, but theyíve gone for an average of 16.5 yards, the seventh-highest figure amongst cornerbacks. You might not catch a lot of balls going against Bailey, but when you do, chances are itís a big play. Bowe has forced the most missed tackles of all wideouts with ten, so the fun doesnít stop once the ball is in his hands.

SoCalBronco
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I stopped reading at "Will the Broncos be able to hang with the Chiefs intensity?".

What intensity is that? The type that gets you assraped at home by one of the worst teams in the league? LMAO.

You're right Bob...we have no chance at all. The mighty Chiefs have a whole bunch of guys who have positive PFF ratings...so that must mean they have a far superior record than Denver does, right? Oh wait, they don't. And if it weren't for Rivers bobbling a snap, you would have the same record.

'ppreciate it.

Bronx33
11-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Sorry in advance but i farted.

11-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I stopped reading at "Will the Broncos be able to hang with the Chiefs intensity?".

What intensity is that? The type that gets you assraped at home by one of the worst teams in the league? LMAO.

You're right Bob...we have no chance at all. The mighty Chiefs have a whole bunch of guys who have positive PFF ratings...so that must mean they have a far superior record than Denver does, right? Oh wait, they don't. And if it weren't for Rivers bobbling a snap, you would have the same record.

'ppreciate it.

The article thinks the Chiefs will be more focused and intense after last week's loss.

Knuckle Dragger
11-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I like cake

myMind
11-12-2011, 07:20 PM
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/2595/fat2j.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8474/fatle.jpg

Jetmeck
11-12-2011, 07:26 PM
The article thinks the Chiefs will be more focused and intense after last week's loss.

Really cause all I heard in the KC media was how you couldn't get caught in a TRAP game against MiAMI..............SO MUCH FOR FOCUS.

boobo.......how IS hALI GONNA pass rush and set the edge ? How does one do two things at once. If he comes up field after Tebow he has lost the edge ? You guys are toast and going down like a 20 dollar hooker tomorrow...................

Shananahan
11-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Bailey has only allowed 13 catches in his coverage this year, but theyíve gone for an average of 16.5 yards, the seventh-highest figure amongst cornerbacks. You might not catch a lot of balls going against Bailey, but when you do, chances are itís a big play.
I'm assuming this number is drastically inflated and skewed by the bomb Megatron dropped on him. Bailey has been thrown at, but it's not like people are completing a bunch of deep passes on him. Most of it is underneath stuff that goes nowhere after the catch.

Lazy journalism.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Denver doesn't lose to KC on my birthday. We won last year and we will win this year.

TDmvp
11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/112/i/p3SfdV1z4j-5xuS1tmGE4Udkc4_2Wa4-/

cutthemdown
11-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Chiefs stink and if they lose to Denver at home their season is over with. For the Broncos we are more playing spoiler until I see some wins strung together. But if they beat the Chiefs Tebow is making some real noise.

KCStud
11-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks in advance for totally jinxing our team Bob.

As for the Chiefs, yes we got blown out at home against a hungry team when we didn't care to focus on a short week due to celebrating beating SD.

KC has played best when their back is against the wall, and this week our back is against the wall.
KC will be focused tomorrow. Divisional game at home coming off a bad loss.
Should be close.

theAPAOps5
11-12-2011, 08:18 PM
We need to make this thread worthwhile

http://gifsoup.com/view7/3127071/false-start-o.gif

11-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Denver doesn't lose to KC on my birthday. We won last year and we will win this year.

Your birthday is Nov. 13?

Last year the Broncos did not play on Nov. 13.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Your birthday is Nov. 13?

Last year the Broncos did not play on Nov. 13.

Late birthday gift still counts.:P

Jetmeck
11-12-2011, 08:41 PM

As for the Chiefs, yes we got blown out at home against a hungry team when we didn't care to focus on a short week due to celebrating beating SD.

KC has played best when their back is against the wall, and this week our back is against the wall.
Should be close.

How many times can you get blown out by BAD teams and gooten pretty damn lucky with the four wins considering everyhting before
you realize you got serious problems.

Your not gonna be able to stop Tebow rushing or MacGahee . Hell I'll give Tebow two TDs tomorrow. Your gonna sell out the run and he will get his.

If Hali comes after him the run lanes will be there...............and he is your only good pass rusher.

Doom and Von will meet in the middle................

errand
11-12-2011, 08:57 PM
The Broncos traditionally play poorly in KC...and it didn't matter who we had, or how good/bad their team was either.

Having said that, I still believe we're starting to play better here of late, and will prevail 24-13....

KCStud
11-12-2011, 09:19 PM
How many times can you get blown out by BAD teams and gooten pretty damn lucky with the four wins considering everyhting before
you realize you got serious problems.

Your not gonna be able to stop Tebow rushing or MacGahee . Hell I'll give Tebow two TDs tomorrow. Your gonna sell out the run and he will get his.

If Hali comes after him the run lanes will be there...............and he is your only good pass rusher.

Doom and Von will meet in the middle................

Every team in the division has problems. The solution to some of KC's biggest problems are on crutches on the sidelines..

cutthemdown
11-12-2011, 09:22 PM

Should be close.

Yeah but the SD win doesn't seem that great after the Raiders beating them also. They have lost what 4 in a row?

Jetmeck
11-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Every team in the division has problems. The solution to some of KC's biggest problems are on crutches on the sidelines..

Berry I'll give ya but I'd rather face scatback boy Charles than Battle.

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Chiefs intensity? better question, can the Chiefs bounce back after being absolutely embarassed by a winless team?

KCStud
11-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Berry I'll give ya but I'd rather face scatback boy Charles than Battle.

Only a moron would take Batlle over Charles Hilarious!

Rolandftw
11-12-2011, 09:33 PM

What kind of crap is that? It takes a drubbing from a winless team to gain focus and motivation?

KC's passing offense is probably going to have more success if they go to Breaston, and maybe Baldwin. They won't make a living going against Champ. They need to be able to pick up Denver's blitzes more then they did against Miami. Cassel is productive when he's able to get comfortable in the pocket.

My strategy would be the same as Miami's. Force Cassel to beat you under pressure.

KC's leading rusher last week was ALMOST Matt Cassel. That has to change for them to be able to set up the pass.

Jetmeck
11-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Only a moron would take Batlle over Charles Hilarious!

No **** dummy.................would you rather have steady yards and good power running or swing, swing, swing and then maybe getting one good run a game just like had had against a PLAYOFF team last year instead of last place schedule scrub teams he built his rep on. ? Get real. He is overated and small and won't last.

Jetmeck
11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
What kind of crap is that? It takes a drubbing from a winless team to gain focus and motivation?

KC's passing offense is probably going to have more success if they go to Breaston, and maybe Baldwin. They won't make a living going against Champ. They need to be able to pick up Denver's blitzes more then they did against Miami. Cassel is productive when he's able to get comfortable in the pocket.

My strategy would be the same as Miami's. Force Cassel to beat you under pressure.

KC's leading rusher last week was ALMOST Matt Cassel. That has to change for them to be able to set up the pass.

Good take. Bowe will get shut down by Champ because he has before, Breaston will not be a big problem for our other cb. Its Baldwin that worries me cause who we got worth a **** to cover him.

Of course if Doom plays well like he usually does and Von plays like he has all year Casell won't have time anyway.

On the other side I see TT having time cause Hali will be afraid to rush him to hard and likely get washed downfiled opening a gaping hole for the option.

KCStud
11-12-2011, 09:40 PM
No **** dummy.................would you rather have steady yards and good power running or swing, swing, swing and then maybe getting one good run a game just like had had against a PLAYOFF team last year instead of last place schedule scrub teams he built his rep on. ? Get real. He is overated and small and won't last.

I'll take the RB that can score on any play and got over 6 YPC last year.

Did Charles steal your lunch money as a kid? Hilarious!

Shananahan
11-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I'd rather face scatback boy Charles than Battle.
This seems pretty silly to me.

Jetmeck
11-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I'll take the RB that can score on any play and got over 6 YPC last year.

Did Charles steal your lunch money as a kid? Hilarious!

Overated.....................

Jetmeck
11-12-2011, 09:52 PM
This seems pretty silly to me.

That because the media rode his jock last year playing bad teams just like they said how mighty the Chiefs have been the last month.

Watched every game these chumps play and he runs all over bad teams and disappears against good ones.......................

KCStud
11-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Overated.....................

This is who is overrated

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/04/chris-johnson.jpg

cutthemdown
11-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I still think Johnson a great back. I bet he finishes the yr strong at some point.

MagicHef
11-12-2011, 10:06 PM
That because the media rode his jock last year playing bad teams just like they said how mighty the Chiefs have been the last month.

Watched every game these chumps play and he runs all over bad teams and disappears against good ones.......................

So... he'd run all over us then.

Shananahan
11-12-2011, 10:42 PM

I mean, I agree that his numbers last season were somewhat inflated due to the strength of schedule and I agree that he's not a grinder as a RB who can be prone to bad days.

I don't agree, however, that he's not better than a third-string journeyman who has had mediocre production over the past several games.

TonyR
11-13-2011, 10:01 AM
...the AFC West has taught us the following things so far Ö

ē Denver is better than Oakland.
ē San Diego is better than Denver.
ē Oakland is better than San Diego.
ē Kansas City is better than Oakland and dead-even with San Diego.

Naturally, we need a "Denver is better than Kansas City" to complete the "What the F is going on with the AFC West?" cycle.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7220622/welcome-national-mailbag-league

Jetmeck
11-13-2011, 10:07 AM
This is who is overrated

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/04/chris-johnson.jpg

Thats funny...........he and Charles are identical........

Jetmeck
11-13-2011, 10:09 AM
I mean, I agree that his numbers last season were somewhat inflated due to the strength of schedule and I agree that he's not a grinder as a RB who can be prone to bad days.

I don't agree, however, that he's not better than a third-string journeyman who has had mediocre production over the past several games.

Good, great players play great in big games. He disappeared in their playoff smackdown from the Ravens..........

Que
11-13-2011, 10:09 AM
LOL Did not read

Jetmeck
11-13-2011, 10:10 AM
So... he'd run all over us then.

Nah............he hasnt hurt us but for for the one game

Jetmeck
11-13-2011, 10:11 AM

Battle had a great game against the Chargers

Goobzilla
11-13-2011, 10:48 AM
GB^2

beardedwonder
11-13-2011, 10:52 AM
U gain crAzy intensity points when u get blown out by the 0-7 dolphins

BroncoSexyDaddy
11-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I found this link useful for today's game

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/digesting-the-chiefs

orange crusher
11-13-2011, 12:23 PM

I think KC's problems go far beyond their injured players.

Jetmeck
11-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I think KC's problems go far beyond their injured players.

72 yards in a half................KC sucks.

Mile High Mojoe
11-13-2011, 01:08 PM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/112/i/p3SfdV1z4j-5xuS1tmGE4Udkc4_2Wa4-/

Hilarious! This the best, it made me laugh.

boppool
11-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Bob's curse strikes again. Thanks, Bobo

Jetmeck
11-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Get back in your hole, err momma's basement..............

Popps
11-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Bob's curse strikes again. Thanks, Bobo

Like I said, there is no better counter-indicator than any opinion or prediction than what comes out of boob's mouth.

colorado jones
11-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Is the first bolded part. Almost impossible to do in this league, especially for a crappy team led by John Fox.

Bob....what is it like to be fat, a loser and a virgin?

Ambiguous
11-13-2011, 02:03 PM
A+ thread.

Turd_Ferguson
11-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Good Bye Bob

Doggcow
11-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Good Bye Bob

:wave::flower::wave:

Crushisback
11-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks Bob. Please make a thread week 17.

theAPAOps5
11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
He won't honor this folks

Ugly Duck
11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Denver is better than Oakland.
San Diego is better than Denver.
Oakland is better than San Diego.
Kansas City is better than Oakland
Denver is better than Kansas City

Thats deep....

http://www.viewzone.com/buddha.head.jpg

DBroncos4life
11-13-2011, 02:15 PM
We don't lose on my BDay bob. :wave:

barryr
11-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Chief fans should do themselves a favor and shut up until their team actually does something of significance at least, which has been decades. Idiots.

Rohirrim
11-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Chief's intensity? Hilarious!

Steve Prefontaine
11-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Standard Bob thread

gyldenlove
11-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Chief fans should do themselves a favor and shut up until their team actually does something of significance at least, which has been decades. Idiots.

You can't expect that many obese banjo enthusiasts to shut up for that long, be reasonably.

baja
11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Will the Broncos be able to hang with the Chiefs’ intensity and pull off two consecutive road wins against division rivals?

YES!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-13-2011, 03:20 PM
:manesmack:chefstink:kcbard::chiefssux CMERE BOB TIME TO EAT YA SHIAT SANDWICH !!!!!!!!!! my god you get me with smilies emotes and i turn into homer simpson

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-13-2011, 03:21 PM
oh wait now bob will come back and say hes happy they lost now they can get luck but you will not get luck you got that mullet head you wont be drafting that high

Sassy
11-13-2011, 03:25 PM
SUCK IT BOB!
hahahahahahah!
Miller had quite the lovefest with Cassel today...it's going to be tough to get all those grass stains out of his jersey and he is going to be one sore dude in the am! LOL!

Sassy
11-13-2011, 03:25 PM
oh wait now bob will come back and say hes happy they lost now they can get luck but you will not get luck you got that mullet head you wont be drafting that high

Nah LUCK is going to the 0-9 Colts so Manning can quietly retire.

MagicHef
11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
SUCK IT BOB!
hahahahahahah!
Miller had quite the lovefest with Cassel today...it's going to be tough to get all those grass stains out of his jersey and he is going to be one sore dude in the am! LOL!

Cassel actually left the game with a cast on his throwing hand.

Chronic
11-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Neil & Bob

baja
11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
That was a bad bet - shoud'a been he has to post early and often if the Chiefs lose not disappear

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-13-2011, 05:45 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pte2XO66Nwg/SlR4e-SmzmI/AAAAAAAAEv4/JQNiDnXIA7k/s400/welcome-to-fail.jpg

Kaylore
11-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Lol

broncosteven
11-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know if KFC practices dropping passes or do they just suck at catching the ball?

Blueflame
11-13-2011, 06:27 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Jetmeck
11-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know if KFC practices dropping passes or do they just suck at catching the ball?

They damn good at it when it doesn't count. Did you see the behind Dawkins back catch by Baldwin ? wow

Bronx33
11-13-2011, 07:02 PM
bob pulls off yet another fail.

broncosteven
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
I wonder how Boob feels about Lance Ball putting the game away while on the other side Cassell was getting pummeled into oblivion.

Bronx33
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I wonder how Boob feels about Lance Ball putting the game away while on the other side Cassell was getting pummeled into oblivion.

I am sure a couple bear claws made the pain a bit easier.

KipCorrington25
11-13-2011, 09:37 PM
I am sure a couple bear claws made the pain a bit easier.

True, the food and those guys on those adult websites, he likes both types of bear claws. :strong: