11-11-2011, 09:49 PM
****. I wanted to start the college basketball thread

FantomForce
11-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Utah State beats YBU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! Always good to beat those guys

houghtam
11-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Game on an aircraft carrier?

May have lost, but holy f***in cow was that sweet to watch.

Michigan State is going to have a pretty decent team this year, considering how young they are.

oubronco
11-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Go Sooners!!!

Requiem
11-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Go Bison!

RhymesayersDU
11-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Loving it so far. Love me some hoops, all levels.

Can't believe UCLA tanked their opener. Whoops.

brncs_fan
11-12-2011, 05:09 PM
UNC with a big win to start the year off.

Garcia Bronco
11-12-2011, 05:15 PM
the M
Nimitz game was amazing.

bombay
11-12-2011, 05:50 PM
http://colorado.rivals.com/

Tad Boyle's first full recruiting class at Colorado includes 5 players, two of whom are ranked in the top 20 nationally by Rivals.

houghtam
01-21-2012, 07:20 PM
3 of the top 5 teams losing tonight. Looks like the Top 10 may be wide open.

Vegas_Bronco
02-13-2012, 11:45 PM
#11 and ready to dance!

SouthStndJunkie
02-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Ohio State and Michigan on ESPN right now and locked in a close game in the 2nd half.

This would be a huge win for the Wolverines if they can pull it off.

SouthStndJunkie
02-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Big win for Michigan!

Michigan 56

Ohio State 51

SouthStndJunkie
02-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Always nice to beat Ohio State, no matter what the sport.

ohiobronco2
02-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Always nice to beat Ohio State, no matter what the sport.

And you picked up 5- 2013 commits today. Not a bad day for TSUN. :approve:

ohiobronco2
02-18-2012, 08:45 PM
And you picked up 5- 2013 commits today. Not a bad day for TSUN. :approve:

Make that 6.

SouthStndJunkie
02-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Yep....the 2013 football class is off to a great start for Michigan.

It's about time for Michigan to step up and reclaim their spot next to Ohio State as the two teams who battle it out for Big Ten supremacy year in and year out like it was back in the day (in football).

houghtam
02-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Yep....the 2013 football class is off to a great start for Michigan.

It's about time for Michigan to step up and reclaim their spot next to Ohio State as the two teams who battle it out for Big Ten supremacy year in and year out like it was back in the day (in football).

Keep hope alive.

SouthStndJunkie
02-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Keep hope alive.

It's time to put little brother sparty back in his rightful place.

houghtam
02-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Keep hope alive.

SouthStndJunkie
02-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Keep hope alive.

No....we need to keep Hoke alive.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2012, 10:46 AM

:rofl:

houghtam
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM

Dude sounds like Matt Foley.

houghtam
02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Dude sounds like Matt Foley.

Video evidence:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V0vZGE-HMrQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZISeGlky-bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OrangeSe7en
02-25-2012, 07:45 PM
So this is the time of year that has become like Groundhog Day. I'm watching a little of the Syracuse-UConn game and Vitale is once again talking about how many teams the Big East should get into the tournament.

Every year we have to put up with this kind of talk and every year it's invalidated by what happens in the NCAA tournament when teams like George Mason make deep runs with greater frequency. This whole thing about a conference deserving 8 teams as opposed to 7 has been exposed as myth over and over.

Lets just call it what it is. It's the BCS in a different form where the old money power conferences look out for themselves. You could also make the case that it's about the brand/appeal of a team more than it's about the conference affiliation but either way, it's the same.

houghtam
02-25-2012, 08:03 PM
So this is the time of year that has become like Groundhog Day. I'm watching a little of the Syracuse-UConn game and Vitale is once again talking about how many teams the Big East should get into the tournament.

Every year we have to put up with this kind of talk and every year it's invalidated by what happens in the NCAA tournament when teams like George Mason make deep runs with greater frequency. This whole thing about a conference deserving 8 teams as opposed to 7 has been exposed as myth over and over.

Lets just call it what it is. It's the BCS in a different form where the old money power conferences look out for themselves. You could also make the case that it's about the brand/appeal of a team more than it's about the conference affiliation but either way, it's the same.

Except he's talking about which teams should MAKE the tournament. Sure George Mason or Austin Peay or Pepperdine or whoever-the-hell can go far in the tournament. But who's going to have a better overall performance, the 8th team from a power conference or the 2nd team from a **** conference?

OrangeSe7en
02-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Except he's talking about which teams should MAKE the tournament. Sure George Mason or Austin Peay or Pepperdine or whoever-the-hell can go far in the tournament. But who's going to have a better overall performance, the 8th team from a power conference or the 2nd team from a **** conference?

That's what Im talking about. It's really hard to justify an 8th seed from a "power" conference getting in over a #2 seed in a "bad" conference. I don't even think that the conference means as much anymore. You could just as easily substitute the word "famous" for the word "power" and it would be more accurate in terms of how it describes what is going on here.

Lets face it. TV money is a big driving force in all sports. They want teams with brand appeal and/or teams that they can call cinderella teams. What the networks dont want is an acknowledgment of the reality that there are a lot of #2 teams in "bad" conferences that are better than #8 teams from "power conferences. In that scenario less famous teams are displacing teams with greater brand appeal while diluting this idea that lesser known teams that are making runs are cinderella teams. It's lose-lose for the networks.

houghtam
02-25-2012, 08:12 PM
That's what Im talking about. It's really hard to justify an 8th seed from a "power" conference getting in over a #2 seed in a "bad" conference. I don't even think that the conference means as much anymore. You could just as easily substitute the word "famous" for the word "power" and it would be more accurate in terms of how it describes what is going on here.

Give me a couple days, I'll compile a list of #2's in crap conference's records versus power conferences. It's not a conspiracy.

OrangeSe7en
02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Give me a couple days, I'll compile a list of #2's in crap conference's records versus power conferences. It's not a conspiracy.

See my revised post. Power conference is a misnomer. Yeah theyre better but it's not what its made out to be and it's definitely no longer the case that an 8th seed should get in based on playing in a more famous conference.