PDA

View Full Version : You hated Jake Plummer, but love Tim Tebow?

Pages : [1] 2

bronco0608
11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Really? Seriously? Remember when Plummer was QB? All he did was win with this team. He lead the Broncos to their best season since Elway. He was a pro bowler.

BUT

His accuracy was a tad bit off. Not the greatest pocket passer or all time. And everyone HATED him for it.

He was booed out of town.

My only question is this: how is it that you hated Plummer but love Tebow? Tebow is a broke-man's version of Plummer.

rugbythug
11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
You don't know what you got till its gone

Paladin
11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Really? Seriously? Remember when Plummer was QB? All he did was win with this team. He lead the Broncos to their best season since Elway. He was a pro bowler.

BUT

His accuracy was a tad bit off. Not the greatest pocket passer or all time. And everyone HATED him for it.

My only question is this: how is it that you hated Plummer but love Tebow? Tebow is a broke-man's version of Plummer.

Speaking of pi$$ing into the wind........

ant1999e
11-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Can this guy really be this dumb??? Does he really not see his ignorance in this thread?

2KBack
11-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Plummer is the second best QB we've had.

Tebow has a similar skillset to Plummer; better on the move for example.

The difference is that Tebow is a superior athlete...and his work ethic is far and away superior to Plummer. No one hated Plummer though, just thought he wasn't willing to put in the work to improve on his limitations. Not a problem Tebow seems to have.

I'm still not convinced Tebow is our guy, and Plummer is one of my all time Favs (ASU, Bronco fan).

If Tim Tebows ceiling is a Jake Plummer who can run over people? I'm all in

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
5 star thread

10 star poster

Out of a possible 4 stars

jhns
11-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Says a guy that wasn't around during the Plummer years...

Troll fail.

peacepipe
11-09-2011, 09:32 AM

BUT

My only question is this: how is it that you hated Plummer but love Tebow? Tebow is a broke-man's version of Plummer.I always looked at him as a poor mans version of vick.

bronco0608
11-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Tebow is better at running the ball. No doubt. But Tebow is years away from the being the passer that Plummer was, and Plummer wasn't that good at passing.

It seems to me that everyone would have been like, "aw ****, we drafted the baptist version of jake freaking plummer. and what's worse, he is a worse passer than plummer. jesus christ!"

Tebow has the same warts as Plummer. But you hated Plummer, and love Tebow.

That's stupid.

peacepipe
11-09-2011, 09:34 AM

The difference is that Tebow is a superior athlete...and his work ethic is far and away superior to Plummer. No one hated Plummer though, just thought he wasn't willing to put in the work to improve on his limitations. Not a problem Tebow seems to have.

I'm still not convinced Tebow is our guy, and Plummer is one of my all time Favs (ASU, Bronco fan).

If Tim Tebows ceiling is a Jake Plummer who can run over people? I'm all inLOL jake plummer was & probably still is to this day a far greater passer than tebow.

peacepipe
11-09-2011, 09:35 AM

If Tim Tebows ceiling is a Jake Plummer who can run over people? I'm all inLOL jake plummer was & probably still is to this day a far greater passer than tebow.

Rohirrim
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/150/588/jake2e_display_image.jpg?1265262977

Miss I.

I am down with this except I liked Jake in spite of his being an ASU Alumnus. Stupid Sun Devils ;D It's against all my Wildcat instincts to ever like a Sun Devil, but for Jake, I made an exception once he played for the Broncos.

Smiling Assassin27
11-09-2011, 09:36 AM
You hated Jake Plummer, but love Tim Tebow?

Um, no.

chanesaw
11-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I always felt like Plummer held a very good team back. He was kinda our weakest link. Our defense was solid, running game was great, and receivers were decent. When he wasn't asked to do too much we won, but when we put the game in his hands for him to make a play, he usually failed. His best season he was called no-mistake-Jake because we were just asking him to manage the game, and let the supporting do the rest. Don't get me wrong, I have fond memories of Jake, and Broncos being a contender back then. I don't hate Jake at all, I like(d) him.

I love Tebow because he is making things happen on a very weak team. We would be leading the division right now if he had started the entire season. Sure he is missing some open receivers and holding the ball too long, but that's what all new QBs do. Accuracy can easily be improved by improving his footwork, and getting the ball out quicker will come with experience (and better WRs). He hasn't had an offseason to work with starting WRs, and hasn't been trained as a starting QB. He will get better at the things he struggles with now.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 09:38 AM

BUT

http://m.UploadEdit.com/b99/19331522.gif

ColoradoDarin
11-09-2011, 09:39 AM
No. I loved Jake, tried to like Cutler, tried to like Orton, and want to give Tebow a shot.

You on the other hand, are a giant pile of douche.

Flex Gunmetal
11-09-2011, 09:42 AM
But you hated Plummer, and love Tebow.

http://i.imgur.com/9nHrp.gif

cutthemdown
11-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I love all Broncos until they don't play hard, or just suck really bad, or go to another team. I loved Jake the Snake, he got his chances. Sure he could have played a few more yrs but his ceiling was limited.

Stagger Lee
11-09-2011, 09:43 AM
No. I loved Jake, tried to like Cutler, tried to like Orton, and want to give Tebow a shot.

You on the other hand, are a giant pile of douche.

What he said.

strafen
11-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Cutler was the best QB we've had since Elway.
Plummer sucked balls.

ColoradoDarin
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Plummer sucked balls.

And yet with relatively the same teams, Plummer took us to the playoffs and Cutler didn't...

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM
http://bmfcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/troll2-213x300.jpg

http://isert.net/gif/popcorn.gif

jhns
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
And yet with relatively the same teams, Plummer took us to the playoffs and Cutler didn't...

That is completely wrong. You are really disrespecting some players that were good for this franchise.

Popps
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Loved Jake. He helped bring winning and excitement back to Denver. Thus far, it looks like Tebow may be able to do some of that as well. Hopeful that he can improve his passing enough to be a real option for is going forward.

ColoradoDarin
11-09-2011, 09:52 AM
That is completely wrong. You are really disrespecting some players that were good for this franchise.

Relatively.

Yes, we lost Al Wilson because of his neck and that really hurt our defense, but if Cutler was that much better than Jake, he should have been able to overcome, right?

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 09:53 AM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/2zsz39i.gif

strafen
11-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Relatively.

Yes, we lost Al Wilson because of his neck and that really hurt our defense, but if Cutler was that much better than Jake, he should have been able to overcome, right?

Putting your hate for Cutler aside, you can't say with a straight face that Cutler is not way better than Plummer. Come on!

bowtown
11-09-2011, 09:54 AM

BUT

http://meowcheese.com/files/lolpics/2008/04/stop-posting.jpg

jhns
11-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Relatively.

And Sam Brandon. This team didn't stop a single TE for two years after he went down.

No, Cutler was a rookie. This defense started giving up 50 points a game after Wilson. The offense was scoring a lot more points with Cutler the year he took over.

ColoradoDarin
11-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Putting your hate for Cutler aside, you can't say with a straight face that Cutler is not way better than Plummer. Come on!

Cutler *now* is better than Jake was, yes, but while on the Broncos, Plummer (even the final year when Jake pretty much gave up, he starts those final games and we make the playoffs, even if we weren't going anywhere once we got there).

Flex Gunmetal
11-09-2011, 10:08 AM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/2zsz39i.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Uvp7K.gif

jhns
11-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Cutler *now* is better than Jake was, yes, but while on the Broncos, Plummer (even the final year when Jake pretty much gave up, he starts those final games and we make the playoffs, even if we weren't going anywhere once we got there).

Wrong. You clearly didn't watch that season.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Jake got the shaft. Rod was starting to break down. Lelie left town. And yet the Broncs were still 7-4 coming off the AFC Championship game season.

I think that moment was when Shanny might've officially jumped the shark.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 10:12 AM
The worst part about this thread, aside from the OP of course, is it was designed for us to read this and not give Jake a pass (he's not as hated as the OP thinks) but then decide to hate Tebow. Basically the OP is saying "you hate Plummer, so you must hate TEBOW! HATE HIM! HATE HIM NOW!!!!"

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
The worst part about this thread, aside from the OP of course, is it was designed for us to read this and not give Jake a pass (he's not as hated as the OP thinks) but then decide to hate Tebow. Basically the OP is saying "you hate Plummer, so you must hate TEBOW! HATE HIM! HATE HIM NOW!!!!"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qzhLE6hBVyM/SQDufNYD3YI/AAAAAAAAAB0/bw53znrxSYM/s400/emperorGrins.jpg

teknic
11-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I liked Jake Plummer as our QB, he brought a lot of excitement on those bootlegs. Also the fact that the Broncos teams he played on had solid defenses and effective run games makes me wish for those days. I still wear my Plummer jersey once in a while.
:bronxrox:

jhns
11-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Jake got the shaft. Rod was starting to break down. Lelie left town. And yet the Broncs were still 7-4 coming off the AFC Championship game season.

The problem with your logic is you leaving out how that season played out. The defense had given up the least amount of points ever for the first six weeks. It completely fell apart and the offense was garbage. We were losing games, switched to Cutler, and the offense instantly started scoring more.

Plummer was garbage that last season. People claiming he would have done better, didn't watch. Maybe you just don't remember.

I also loved Plummer.

bendog
11-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Dude had road rage driving a honda element.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2011, 10:18 AM
I liked Jake Plummer as our QB, he brought a lot of excitement on those bootlegs. Also the fact that the Broncos teams he played on had solid defenses and effective run games makes me wish for those days. I still wear my Plummer jersey once in a while.
:bronxrox:

Mine's probably too ratty to wear anymore

My Cutler jersey still looks good though. But I don't wear it. Imagine that. :)

Broncos4tw
11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I liked Plummer ok.. didn't think he was amazing, but loved his attitude and most of what he did. I still think he came down with choke-itis once in awhile, made some pretty poor decisions in the redzone.

I will not like Tebow any better, if he doesn't actually start like.. throwing the ball. Under 25% on third down, under 50% of his passes complete isn't going to cut it in the NFL. He can't rush for 100 yards a game. He is improving though.. so giving him the benefit of the doubt. If it doesn't much change over the rest of the season, I'll be clamoring for another QB.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 10:23 AM
After watching the parade of quarterbacks after Griese and before plummer such as Danny Kannel, Chris Miller, and others i dont want to remember, I actually was stoked to get Plummer. I never really had a problem with him until they drafted Cutler. Plummer was an athlete, but I always thought he lacked the arm strength to be top level Quarterback.

I don't think tebow will ever be as good as Plummer. Plummer was a weak passer but Tebow is light years behind him in that department. Plummer moved around to avoid contact and set up a pass opportunity, whereas Tebow gets absolutely ROCKED 3 or 4 times a game trying to "run over people". Tebow fans like to talk about how cool it is that he runs people over... Yea as a Broncos fan it is kinda cool, but if he gets that kinda punishment for long he will be crippled. Plummer's ability to read an NFL defense was also leaps and bounds ahead of Tebow.
Plummer > Tebow

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
The problem with your logic is you leaving out how that season played out. The defense had given up the least amount of points ever for the first six weeks. It completely fell apart and the offense was garbage. We were losing games, switched to Cutler, and the offense instantly started scoring more.

Plummer was garbage that last season. People claiming he would have done better, didn't watch. Maybe you just don't remember.

I also loved Plummer.

Looking back, I don't really see world-beating offensive numbers (or points) from Cutler at the end of that season. During two of Plummer's 4 losses, he put up 27 and 31 points.

Cutler only did better than 27 points once in his 5 games. Not that Cutler's to blame or anything. It was a tough spot. Going to Cutler was the right move - someday.

But pulling the plug on the leader of a 7-4 team was the wrong move at that point.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Seriously with this ****? Good grief.

bronco militia
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
welecomg back to 2006..

**** YOU JAKE THE MISTAKE

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qzhLE6hBVyM/SQDufNYD3YI/AAAAAAAAAB0/bw53znrxSYM/s400/emperorGrins.jpg

Let the hate flow through you.

bendog
11-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Seriously with this ****? Good grief.

this thread has epic potential for fail.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't think tebow will ever be as good as Plummer. Plummer was a weak passer but Tebow is light years behind him in that department.

Plummer's ability to read an NFL defense was also leaps and bounds ahead of Tebow.
Plummer > Tebow

We got Plummer in his 7th NFL season. He should've been leaps and bounds ahead of a kid who's only played a few games.

55CrushEm

The difference is that Tebow is a superior athlete...and his work ethic is far and away superior to Plummer. No one hated Plummer though, just thought he wasn't willing to put in the work to improve on his limitations. Not a problem Tebow seems to have.I'm still not convinced Tebow is our guy, and Plummer is one of my all time Favs (ASU, Bronco fan).

THIS. That's your answer, OP. End thread.

Jason in LA
Lets not act like the fan base as a whole is supporting Tebow. There are a lot of fans who are opposed to him, and a lot, like myself, who just want this thing to play out, good or bad, so the Broncos can figure out if they have a QB of the future, or if they need to look elsewhere in the offseason. So far I'm still somewhere in the middle, but I'm leaning toward moving on without Tebow after this year. But you never know, he may figure it all out in the second half of the season. I'm all in favor of giving him a chance to prove himself.

As for Plummer, I've always had issues with the guy, and I thought that he played on some pretty good teams, which made him look better than what he was. I've had some serious issues with statements that he's said since quitting football.

Plummer said that he never understood why Shanahan had them go over so many plays in practice, including plays that were not in that week's game plan. That's a sign that he just wasn't serious about his profession. Where is the work ethic? I'd say that Shanahan knew what he was doing based on past record. Seeing what Plummer did in Arizona, and at times with the Broncos, he should have got on board with Shanahan. Maybe they would have won a title if he did.

I don't remember Plummer's exact quote, but not too long ago he said that if they had beaten the Steelers and went on to win the Super Bowl, he'd call it a career. He was ready to quit. And what did the Broncos get out of him the next year? A whole lot of nothing. Dude was horrible, which led to him getting benched.

Plummer gave the Broncos enough reasons to get rid of him, and I'd say that Tebow is too. But Tebow has some games to prove himself, which he should get.

Jason in LA
11-09-2011, 10:41 AM

The Broncos were in a tailspin when Plummer got benched. Seeing the way they were playing at the time, partly due to Plummer sucking, I think they would have struggled to reach .500 that year if they had stuck with him.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 10:42 AM
this thread has epic potential for fail.

only if we can get it to go 22 pages, with gender or homophobic insults, certainly a few references to PMS are in order also or penis performance issues might work too. But it can only be epic if we get more mileage on it. I have confidence we can do it. ;D oh and yes we need JHNS (dude get your ass in here and start calling this guy a bigot, I am sure this has to do with bigotry against Tebow's virginity or love of Jesus...bring it already would you).

Lolad
11-09-2011, 10:47 AM

That's stupid, it's would be like starting Orton for the rest of the year just because we could get a couple of wins.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
We got Plummer in his 7th NFL season. He should've been leaps and bounds ahead of a kid who's only played a few games.

And Plummers physical abilities were the same as they were in year one. You are either fast or not. You are able to throw the ball at an nfl level or you cant. Im tired of hearing about Tebow only getting to start a few games. I have seen rookies play in the NFL before. I watched Tom Brady Peyton Manning Jay Cutler Drew Brees Philip Rivers Eli Manning Akili Smith Jemarcus Russel Ryan Leaf Cade Mcnown Tim Couch. Dont tell me how many games Tebow has played I dont care.

Tom Brady was only allowed to throw 5 to 10 yard passes when he first got the chance to play. He threw them will perfect accuracy, no practice needed. He waited quietly and when he got his chance he was ready and looked good, and now over the years has developed his game from 5 to 10 yard accurate passes to one of the best in the game. Tebow waited noisily and then looked like crap when he got his chance.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
The Broncos were in a tailspin when Plummer got benched. Seeing the way they were playing at the time, partly due to Plummer sucking, I think they would have struggled to reach .500 that year if they had stuck with him.

The guy led us to the dance every year he played. Something we probably used to take for granted, but obviously shouldn't nowadays.

I wouldn't call going from 7-2 to 7-4 enough of a "tailspin" to pull the plug on that. Then when we did, we just as easily went to 7-6. I still believe Jake would've found a way into the playoffs that year.

rbackfactory80
11-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Stupid thread troll stupid thread

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 11:03 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384893_10150378860318360_290539813359_8149121_5334 49012_n.jpg

ol#7
11-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Why hasnt the Ban Hammer been used on the Troll, err I mean OP (Original Poster, Sassy) yet?

Wait, I forget half the mods on here are anti-Tebow and cheer this crap on.

Meck77
11-09-2011, 11:06 AM
A million or more posts trying to say the same thing.

"I miss John Elway and wish we had a QB that could replace what he brought to the Broncos".

It took us decades to find him. It's taken us more than a decade to even attempt to replace him. Reality is you don't replace one of the best QBs of all time. You simply find someone else to try.

Having patience is the hardest things for humans to do. See the million + posts I was referring to.

The Broncos roll on............Only question is what fans will be there for the ride?
:OF1:

bendog
11-09-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.reviewcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Honda-Element-21.jpg

Mogulseeker

BUT

The Plummer-Tebow comparison is good to an extent. Plummer was a little bit better at pocket passing. Plummer was undersized as a QB, Tebow is oversized at QB, so they had different running styles. Tebow is a better athlete.

I don't know who was hating on Plummer, but I adored the dude.

Miss I.
Why hasnt the Ban Hammer been used on the Troll, err I mean OP (Original Poster, Sassy) yet?

Wait, I forget half the mods on here are anti-Tebow and cheer this crap on.

http://img.listal.com/image/1054186/936full-the-breakfast-club-screenshot.jpg

bendog
only if we can get it to go 22 pages, with gender or homophobic insults, certainly a few references to PMS are in order also or penis performance issues might work too. But it can only be epic if we get more mileage on it. I have confidence we can do it. ;D oh and yes we need JHNS (dude get your ass in here and start calling this guy a bigot, I am sure this has to do with bigotry against Tebow's virginity or love of Jesus...bring it already would you).

There's no such thing as too many penis jokes

OABB
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Two words:work ethic.

Also two more:**** you.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
or for the English

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/pics/tong1.jpg

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 11:13 AM
There's no such thing as too many penis jokes

3 men walk into a bar.

After they drink a couple of beers they are ready to leave, but the bartender won't let them unless they have 12 inches of dick between them.

The first guy whips his out and shows 6 inches.

The second guy drops his pants and shows 5 inches.

Finally, the third guy shows his 1 inch dick.

The bartender says "Ok, thats 12 inches you can go".

As the're walking away the first guy says to the third, "Thank god you had a boner or we'd still be there."

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 11:13 AM

BUT

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/this-thread-sucks/13/Thread-Sucks-Yoda.jpg

TailgateNut
11-09-2011, 11:16 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/150/588/jake2e_display_image.jpg?1265262977

Loved the guy and especially loved this "move". The fans deserved it!

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.viagratab.info/images/viagra_joke.jpg

http://www.medijokes.com/images/beer-viagra-mix.jpg

OABB
11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Loved the guy and especially loved this "move". The fans deserved it!

yeah...seriously...what kind of fan doesn't support a winning QB? oh wait...

Taco John
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
I didn't like Plummer. If we got down two scores, Plummer was going to throw a pick and get us down three scores. Besides that, I always knew that once we got into a big game, Plummer was going to have one of his multiple turnover masterpieces and put the pressure on the defense to be amazing - and we didn't have an amazing defense.

I'd take Tebow over Plummer any day just for the way the team responds in the fourth quarter. I'm not just talking about this year, where we can see how well the team did vs. the Dolphins and the Raiders. Look at the Texans game last year where Tebow marched the team down for two touchdowns and Sydquan caps off a Texans drive with an interception. Or the San Diego game where the Broncos end up with a 97 yard touchdown return from Vaughn, Tebow ends up with a 12 play touchdown drive, and then we end up recovering an onside kick. We didn't win that one - but man what a fight! We didn't have these kinds of 4th quarters with Jake Plummer. And like we said last night in the podcast, it seems silly to give Tebow all the credit for it - but where is this coming from? Why are 4th quarters behind a Tebow-led team THAT much more exciting than any other quarterback we've had since you-know-who? I don't have a good answer for it, but we've seen enough games to know it to be true.

bendog
11-09-2011, 11:27 AM
The priest in a small Irish village loved the cock and ten hens he kept in the hen house behind the church. But one Saturday night the cock went missing! The priest knew that cock fights happened in the village so he started to question his parishioners in church the next morning.

During Mass, he asked the congregation, "Has anybody got a cock?"

All the men stood up.

"No, no," he said, "that wasn't what I meant. Has anybody seen a cock?"

All the women stood up.

"No, no," he said, "that wasn't what I meant. Has anybody seen a cock that doesn't belong to them?"

Half the women stood up.

"No, no," he said, "that wasn't what I meant. Has anybody seen MY cock?"

All the nuns, three altar boys, two priests and a goat stood up.

strafen
11-09-2011, 11:34 AM
The Broncos were in a tailspin when Plummer got benched. Seeing the way they were playing at the time, partly due to Plummer sucking, I think they would have struggled to reach .500 that year if they had stuck with him.Exactly.
Anybody who was watching football at the time, knew that the record we've had under Plummer wasn't quite an indication of how good Plummer was.
Plummer was riding on a good defense and a great running game.
Plummer was the typical game manager.
Look at his stats; 17 for 31 165 1td 1int were typical numbers -give or take-in most of his games.

He started to get careless and by the time he's got benched, we've seen enough, he was already been booed by the fans so much, that he eventually gave the fans the finger...
Good riddance.

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 11:40 AM

BUT

I liked Jake until he quit on the team after the 2005 AFC Championship game.

He refused to lead the team in the offseason, he forced Mike into drafting Cutler then couldn't handle competition for the job.

Plus once teams took the bootleg away from him and forced him to stay in the pocket his career was over anyway.

I get the Pat Tillman argument, that Pat's death affected him but life goes on, we have all lost/will lose someone close to us but it doesn't do their memory any justice to cave in or not go on with our lives doing the best we can.

BTW I don't love Tebow yet either, he still has a freaking lot to prove to me that he can do enough to win consistently. You are probably encountering Gator fan transplants more than the die hard Bronco fans.

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 11:46 AM

Morton was the 2nd best QB we ever had.

Too bad most of the board is too young to know that.

The dude took us to the SB and had a couple of great comeback wins, one vs the Seahawks from the bench in '79 that was one of the greatest Bronco comebacks ever.

Anyone who discounts what Morton did for this franchise knows little about Bronco football.

riiiiick
11-09-2011, 11:50 AM
At the time I thought Bronco fans were spoiled and didn't appreciate the leadership and wins Jake had. It seemed to me, that the day Cutler was drafted, Shanny gave up on that AFCC game team and it would be the beginng of the end. It was a great ride until that day, however. Lots of exciting games, wins and if I remember right TJ, Jake's stats for 4th qtr comebacks was pretty decent?????
I see that same excitement with TT.

broncocalijohn
11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Tebow is better at running the ball. No doubt. But Tebow is years away from the being the passer that Plummer was, and Plummer wasn't that good at passing.

It seems to me that everyone would have been like, "aw ****, we drafted the baptist version of jake freaking plummer. and what's worse, he is a worse passer than plummer. jesus christ!"

That's stupid.

Prove it. While Cutler was the new thing and many blame Plummer on the loss to the Steelers, I dont think it was a majority. If so, in retrospect, many probably realize he wasnt as bad as they think he was. You have a ton of new people as Broncos' fans because of Tebow and many that don't like Tebow, don't come to the board anymore. Your logic is flawed as you are talking to those diehards that will go on a forum discussion board to talk Broncos. Many don't discuss it here; They live it in Denver.
BTW, any chance you are also known as I McBleed Orange and Blue? You come off just like him.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
This guy was walking down the street and he bumped into a really hot girl.

"Hello, sexy!" He said while stopping in front of her "What's your name?"

She didn't answer.

"Well, my name is Barry"

"Okay" she said "Barry what?"

"I can't really pronounce it, so I'll write it down"

So he wrote it down.

She read allowed, "Madickenewe. Barry Madickinewe."

She slapped him and stormed off.

alkemical
11-09-2011, 11:53 AM

She didn't answer.

"Well, my name is Barry"

So he wrote it down.

True story, she hit me pretty hard too.

bendog
11-09-2011, 11:54 AM
what does a wife have in common with a condom?

Both spend more time in your wallet than on your .....

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Interpreting Men:

Haven't I seen you before? = Nice ass

I'm a Romantic = I'm poor

I need you" = My hand is tired

I am different from all the other guys = I am not circumcised

I want a commitment = I'm sick of masturbation

You're the only girl I've ever cared about = You are the only girl who hasn't rejected me

I really want to get to know you better = So I can tell my friends about it

It's just orange juice, try it = 3 more shots, and she'll have her legs around my head

She's kinda cute = I want to have sex with her till I am blue

I don't know if I like her = She won't sleep with me

I miss you so much = I am so horny that my male-roommate is starting to look good

Was it good for you? = I'm insecure about my manhood

How do I compare with all your other boyfriends? = Is my penis really that small

I had a wonderful time last night = Who the hell are you

Do you love me? = I've done something stupid and you might find out

Do you 'really' love me? = I've done something stupid and you're going to find out sooner or later

How much do you love me? = I've done something really stupid and someone's on his/her way to tell you about it now

I have something to tell you = Get tested

I'll give you a call = I'd rather have my nipples torn off by wild dogs than see you again

I've been thinking a lot = You're not as attractive as when I was drunk

I think we should just be friends = You're ugly

I've learned a lot from you = Next

riiiiick
11-09-2011, 12:01 PM
www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=PlumJa00

20 4th qtr combacks, 30 game winning drives

bowtown
11-09-2011, 12:11 PM

She didn't answer.

"Well, my name is Barry"

So he wrote it down.

Wouldn't the joke work better if she read allowed "Barry Yerdickenmee"?

Pontius Pirate
11-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I was a HUGE Plummer fan and Tebow is growing on me.

bendog
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
This fellow was so deeply in love that just before he was married, he had his bride's name tattooed on his love muscle. Normally, only the first and last letters were visible, although when he was aroused, the tattoo spelled out W-E-N-D-Y. Now they're on their honeymoon at a resort in Montego Bay. One night, in the men's room, this fellow finds himself standing next to a tall Jamaican at the urinal.

To his amazement, he notices that this man, too, has the letters W-Y tattooed on his penis. "Excuse me," he says, "but I couldn't help noticing your tattoo. Do you have a girlfriend named Wendy?" "No way, mon, I work for the Tourist board. Mine reads, "Welcome to Jamaica, mon, have a nice day.'"

bendog
11-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I was a HUGE Plummer fan and Tebow is growing on me.

Dammit, this is a penis joke thread and your post is disgusting.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Wouldn't the joke work better if she read aloud "Barry Yerdickenmee"?

depends on your perspective I suppose. If he is proposing it then madick is better, but if he is trying to get her to propose it, then yerdicenmee is better. I would go with your version because it is actually funnier and it gives the guy a response like, "thank you I think I will." will still end up with him getting slapped though. ;D

fontaine
11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
guy: do you ever look at your wife's face when you make love?

dude: I did once and saw the anger in her face?

guy: Why anger?

dude: Because she was watching from the window.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 12:28 PM
What do rubik cubes and penises have in common?
The more you play with them the harder they get!

fontaine
11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
wife: The divorce is final now, I'm leaving

husband: ok, bye

wife: You know you will never find anyone like me again!

husband: God, I sure hope not.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
A guy walks into a clock shop, walks up to the girl at the counter, undoes his fly and puts his cock on the counter.
The girl behind the counter says, "Excuse me sir, this is a clock shop, not a cock shop!"
So the guy says, "So put two hands and a face on it!"

bendog
11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
A pregnant woman is in the bank when the bank is robbed. A gunfight breaks out, and she is shot 3 times in the abdomen. She is rushed to the hospital. Miraculously, she is unharmed. After giving a full examination, though, the doctor tells her, "I have good and bad news for you. You are going to have triplets — but each baby has a bullet in it. Luckily, they have hit no vital organs, and eventually your children will pass the bullets naturally."

The woman has 3 healthy babies. Twelve years pass, and she has all but forgotten the incident in the bank.

One day, the first child, a daughter, comes to her mother and says, "Mom, the strangest thing just happened — I was using the toilet, and I passed a bullet." The mother explains everything, and she assures her daughter that everything is okay.

A few weeks later, the second child, also a daughter, comes to her mother and says, "Mom, the strangest thing just happened." The mother interrupts her and says, "You passed a bullet, right?" The mother goes on to tell the daughter the story.

Several weeks later, the third child, a son, comes to his mother and says, "Mom, the strangest thing just happened." The mother interrupts him and says, "You passed a bullet, right?" The son says, "No, Mom — I was masturbating and shot the dog!"

fontaine
11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
dude: My wife left me last wednesday, she said she was going out for milk and never came back!! :(

bro: Damn, how are you coping?

dude: Not bad, I've been using that powdered stuff! :)

bowtown
11-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Guy comes home one night with a chicken under his arm. He walks in the door and says: "This is that pig I've been ****ing."

His wife says: "That's not a pig, it's chicken."

Guy says: "I wasn't talking to you."

fontaine
11-09-2011, 12:37 PM
A pregnant woman is in the bank when the bank is robbed. A gunfight breaks out, and she is shot 3 times in the abdomen. She is rushed to the hospital. Miraculously, she is unharmed. After giving a full examination, though, the doctor tells her, "I have good and bad news for you. You are going to have triplets but each baby has a bullet in it. Luckily, they have hit no vital organs, and eventually your children will pass the bullets naturally."

The woman has 3 healthy babies. Twelve years pass, and she has all but forgotten the incident in the bank.

One day, the first child, a daughter, comes to her mother and says, "Mom, the strangest thing just happened I was using the toilet, and I passed a bullet." The mother explains everything, and she assures her daughter that everything is okay.

A few weeks later, the second child, also a daughter, comes to her mother and says, "Mom, the strangest thing just happened." The mother interrupts her and says, "You passed a bullet, right?" The mother goes on to tell the daughter the story.

Several weeks later, the third child, a son, comes to his mother and says, "Mom, the strangest thing just happened." The mother interrupts him and says, "You passed a bullet, right?" The son says, "No, Mom I was masturbating and shot the dog!"

collatoral damage

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
The Penis requests a promotion and a raise for the following reasons:

Has to work hard
Has to work at great depths
Has to work upside down
Has no ventilation or air conditioned environment at work
Has to work in a high humidity environment
Has to work at high temperatures
Does not get weekends and holidays off
Does not get time off after extra hours of work
Has a hazardous work environment that often causes professional sickness

Request denied for the following reasons:

Does not work 8 hours in a row
Does not answer immediately to all requests
After a short activity period, falls asleep at work
Shows no fidelity to the workplace
Retires too early
Does not work at all unless pushed from behind
Does not leave the workplace clean after finishing work
Sometimes leaves work, too early

bendog
11-09-2011, 12:42 PM
One afternoon a man says to his wife, you, me and the dogs are going pig shooting. They pack the truck and head off. They get there late at night and the man says, we will head off at sunrise. The wife is tired and replies, I don't want to go in the morning. The husband is furious and replies, I will give you 3 options, you, me and the dog shoot, or you give me a blow job or we have anal sex. The wife isn't to pleased but realizes it's one or the other. They rise early in the morning and the husband says well, what's it to be. She isn't pleased but decides to give him a blow job. As soon as she starts she stops and says, your dick tastes like ****. He replies: "Yeh, the dog didn't want to go either."

mosca
11-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. People crap on Plummer, forgetting anything he did leading up to the AFC Title game, then run him out of town hoping that Cutler would be the savior, only to endorse running Cutler out of town for Orton/Tebow?!?

This franchise is still suffering from being spoiled by Elway. It's sad.

fontaine
11-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Dude: A guy walks into a bar. . .

MacGruder: WAS IT TEBOW?! :)

Dude: No, let me just tell the jo. .

MacGruder: Not interested!! >:'(

Blart
11-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm with you.

Plummer was an extremely good QB, orchestrating one of the biggest playoff upsets in history (defeating the Aikmen/Emmitt Cowboys on their home turf with the lowly Cardinals) and did amazing things with his feet. I was so excited to see him as a Bronco, and sad to see him reined in by Shanahan.

I never hated my fellow fans until I heard them chanting "Brad Lee Brad Lee" during a home game against the Chargers (which Plummer came back to win in grand fashion.) Hearing them boo Orton on opening day wasn't a surprise.

fontaine
11-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. People crap on Plummer, forgetting anything he did leading up to the AFC Title game, then run him out of town hoping that Cutler would be the savior, only to endorse running Cutler out of town for Orton/Tebow?!?

You're right, that's not funny.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 12:49 PM
What did the elephant say to the naked man?
How do you breathe through that thing?

I think the only reason my husband likes to go fishing so much is that it's the only time he hears someone tell him, "Wow, that's a big one!"

mosca
11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
They were 7-4. Yup, great time to bench the QB who took us to the AFC Championship Game. Ended up winning 2 out of the last 5. History doesn't exactly look kindly upon the decision, especially considering that we didn't even bother to keep Cutler around either. What a waste of a few years.

SportinOne
11-09-2011, 12:51 PM
INTERCEPTIONS! This is why people hated Jake.

Let's also throw in that Jake Plummer does not have the same body type as Tebow. Tebow punishes, Jake was small, probably frail.

Jake was one of the best on-the-move passers in the history of the NFL. he was also one of the worst pocket passers in the history of the NFL.

Tebow is probably already better from the pocket.

Their attitudes are completely different.

yeah.. this is a dumb thread..

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Plummer was small, but frail he was not.

baja
11-09-2011, 12:55 PM

That's stupid.

I loved Jake right up until Shanahan drafted Cutler the draft after the AFCC game causing Plummer to come unwound and couldn't play with Cutler's shadow cast across the field.

PS He also sucked in the AFCC game so I was OK with the Cutler move.

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 12:57 PM
They were 7-4. Yup, great time to bench the QB who took us to the AFC Championship Game. Ended up winning 2 out of the last 5. History doesn't exactly look kindly upon the decision, especially considering that we didn't even bother to keep Cutler around either. What a waste of a few years.

You never read "A few seconds of panic" did you.

I recommend you pick it up and read page 230.

bendog
11-09-2011, 01:00 PM

Like my PENIS!

Archer81
11-09-2011, 01:00 PM
100 Reasons to be Gay
<HR SIZE=1 width="100%" noShade><TABLE border=0 width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD>1. You truly don't care who Julia Roberts is sleeping with.
2. You understand the difference between 43 brands of imported vodka.
3. You can call anyone "honey" including pets.
4. You know someone who definitely was in the emergency room with Richard Gere and the gerbil.
5. You understand the immense importance of good lighting.
6. You can be at a crowded disco the size of two football fields and still spot a toupee.
7. You can tell a woman you love her bathing suit, and truly mean her bathing suit.
8. You can explain the nuances between steady date, boyfriend and lover.
9. You really have "been there, done that."
10. Your women friends will tell you everything you want to know about their boyfriends. And that means everything.
11. You're the only type of male who gets to say "fabulous."
12. You can have naked pictures of men you don't know in your home.
13. You can have naked men you don't know in your home.
14. You know how to handle the telephone like a Stradivarius.
15. You understand why the good Lord invented spandex.
16. You understand why the good Lord didn't intend everyone to wear it.
17. You know how to get back at just about everyone. And have.
18. You know that the most important part of a party's decor is the catering staff.
19. You only wear polyester when you mean to.
20. You can smile to let someone know you can't stand them.
21. You can freeze a troll from 20 feet away.
22. You're good pals with women other people can't stand.
23. You've always got an opinion.
24. You've read the book, seen the movie, done the musical.
25. You know how to dress strategically.
26. Your car has an amusing female name.
27. You're the only one at your high school reunion who looks a lot better than you did in high school.
28. You've got at least one framed picture of a pet.
29. If your mattress could talk, it would be Joan Rivers.
30. You know that sex complicates things. So?
31. You know that being called a "cheap slut" isn't actually an insult.
32. There's a married guy somewhere who is terrified of you.
33. Nobody tells you what to do in bed...unless you tell them what to tell you.
34. You have a medicine chest stocked for any occasion.
35. You have at least one movie musical on video.
36. You're not embarrassed to sing in a piano bar.
37. You're embarrassed by people who sing in piano bars.
38. You never hold a grudge for longer than a decade or two.
39. You know how to make an entrance.
40. You know when to make an exit.
41. You worry about people you don't even know - like Liza Minnelli.
42. You choose the most fabulous greeting cards.
43. You know how to program your VCR.
44. You've got sunscreen at every conceivable SPF level.
45. You have a cologne display worthy of Bloomingdales.
46. You understand, viscerally, Joan Crawford.
47. Some of your best friends are your ex lovers.
48. You know when to play dumb.
49. You know what to do for a hangover.
50. Yes, you do have a condom.
51. You've called someone "girlfriend" who is neither a girl nor a friend.
52. One or more of the following apply to you:
a) You adore Judy Garland
b) You hate Judy Garland
c) You hate people who adore Judy Garland.
d) You hate people who hate Judy Garland.
e) You don't give a damn about Judy Garland.
f) Who is Judy Garland?
53. You can supply the last names to the following list:
a) Bernadette
b) Chita
c) Barbra
54. You made Donna Summer a star.
55. You made Donna Summer a has-been.
56. Tanning salons were invented for you.
57. You've made sunbathing a performance art.
58. You know when the party's over.
59. You know where to go after the party's over.
60. You're fearless about fighting the elements, especially gravity.
61. When you hear "a stitch in time saves nine" you think of
a) Your grandma
b) Your face lift
c) John Wayne Bobbit
62. You know that pigs and bears are not necessarily rural wildlife.
63. Your roommate can be your roommate and not your "roommate."
64. You know that referring to someone as "a real lady" isn't necessarily a compliment.
65. Your favorite dinner accessory may also be your dinner companion.
66. If your cat is a female, you swear it's a lesbian.
67. If your cat is a male, you swear it's a lesbian.
68. You sing along heartily with songs that make most females cringe, like "Stand by your man".
69. You've been to a bris, a barmitzvah, a christening, a first communion and too many weddings and you have a carefully considered evaluation of the food after each.
70. You'll never have to hear your mother complain about your wife.
71. A two-seater convertible seems perfectly practical to you.
72. You have a favorite Disney character and it's usually a nasty one.
73. You've left someone totally speechless.
74. You've shaved something other than your face.
75. All your friends do not have to "get along".
76. You have large collection of anniversary pictures. They may be with different guys, however.
77. Your love handles are actually used as such.
78. When someone turns his back on you, you actually consider it an opportunity.
79. You've got a large assortment of movie-star biographies.
80. You've got the most interesting coffee table books.
81. You know where to find a meat rack and it ain't in your kitchen drawer.
82. You have a sexual persuasion with its own flag.
83. At some moment in your life you've envisioned having back-up girls.
84. You know your enemies.
85. After a workout at the gym, you feel like a new man. And he's right there in the shower.
86 You're Barbra Streisand's biggest fan.
87. You know that Barbra Streisand's biggest fan is Barbra Streisand.
88 Not only have you added spice to your life - sometimes you've added side dishes.
89. You know that "small talk" can be about spirituality or politics, and "important issues" can be about hair.
90. You've actually lived out some of your fantasies.
91. Unlike most straight women, you have no problem being treated solely as a sex object.
92. You have no doubts about the accuracy of the Kinsey Report.
93. You know, by heart, every line in:
a) All about Eve
b) The Rocky Horror Picture Show
c) Your face
94. You are ALWAYS ready for your close-up.
95. You have 412 ways to tell someone to get lost. 136 are non-verbal.
96. You can lip-sync to at least one Supreme's song.
97. You have a carefully selected Yiddish vocabulary.
98. Even if you're in Kansas, you're not in Kansas anymore.
99. You know exactly how many martinis it takes.
100. When throwing a party, you know how to put out quite a spread. Sometimes after the party too.

:Broncos:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Archer81
11-09-2011, 01:02 PM
What's it's Name?
<HR SIZE=1 width="100%" noShade><TABLE border=0 width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD>This guy walks into a bar and two steps in, he realizes it's a gay bar. "But what the heck," he says, "I really want a drink."

When the gay waiter approaches, he says to the customer, "What's the name of your penis?"

The customer says, "Look, I'm not into any of that. All I want is a drink."

The gay waiter says, "I'm sorry but I can't serve you until you tell me the name of your penis. Mine for instance is called 'Nike,' for the slogan, 'Just Do It.' That guy down at the end of the bar calls his 'Snickers,' because 'It really Satisfies."

The customer looks dumbfounded so the bartender tells him he will give him a second to think it over. The customer asks the man sitting to his left, who is sipping on a beer, "Hey bud, what's the name of your penis?"

The man looks back and says with a smile, "TIMEX."

The thirsty customer asks, "Why Timex?"

The fella proudly replies, "Cause it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!"

A little shaken, the customer turns to the fella on his right, who is sipping a fruity Margarita and says, "So, what do you call your penis?"

The man turns to him and proudly exclaims, "FORD, because 'Quality is Job 1.' " Then he adds, "Have you driven a Ford, lately?"

Even more shaken, the customer has to think for a moment before he comes up with a name for his penis. Finally, he turns to the bartender and exclaims, "The name of my penis is 'Secret.' Now give me my beer."

The bartender begins to pour the customer a beer, but with a puzzled look asks, "Why secret?"

The customer says, "Because it's STRONG ENOUGH FOR A MAN, BUT MADE FOR A WOMAN!"

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TDmvp
11-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Judging from the thread starters post and threads. He hated oxygen , but loved beating his head against a rock ...

mosca
11-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Tebow punishes, Jake was small, probably frail.
I don't recall "small, probably frail" Plummer being injured for any prolonged period of time during his stint as starting QB.

Tebow, knock on wood, will not last long with his "punisher" style. Starting QBs in the NFL do not need to be running over defenders. I hope he learns to slide soon.

mosca
11-09-2011, 01:13 PM
You never read "A few seconds of panic" did you.

How about providing a quote, since I'm not planning on buying that book any time in the near future? Thanks.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 01:26 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2ODMJsocoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archer81
11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Considering the OP does not care that he is trolling the board, I don't care that I am trolling this stupid as hell thread.

mod note: pic could be NSFW

http://tinyurl.com/79jvcoq

Archer81
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM

http://tinyurl.com/7clx2k2

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 01:37 PM

http://tinyurl.com/7clx2k2

I love rugby, though kind have to wonder about those pink socks, they are too blendy blendy with his pink skin.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
A blonde is on holiday and she wallks into an internet cafe to send an e-mail to her mum in America.

She doesn't know how to work the computers so she goes up to the guy on the desk and says: "Excuse me could you help me send an e-mail to my mum?"

The guy says "Yeh, but it will cost ya"

And the blonde says "Sure i'll do anything for my mum"

The guy says: "In that case follow me"

So she follows him into the back room and he pushes her down onto her knees, he unzips his trousers and pulls down his boxers and says: "Well go on then you said you'd do anything!"

So she picks up his dick, holds it to her mouth and says: "Hello.........mum are you there?"

baja
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Wouldn't the joke work better if she read allowed "Barry Yerdickenmee"?

Maybe he would not have got slapped had he done this.

Archer81
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I love rugby, though kind have to wonder about those pink socks, they are too blendy blendy with his pink skin.

Breast cancer awareness? Do rugby players do that?

Popps
11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
INTERCEPTIONS! This is why people hated Jake.

Let's also throw in that Jake Plummer does not have the same body type as Tebow. Tebow punishes, Jake was small, probably frail.

Jake was one of the best on-the-move passers in the history of the NFL. he was also one of the worst pocket passers in the history of the NFL.

Tebow is probably already better from the pocket.

Their attitudes are completely different.

yeah.. this is a dumb thread..

Plummer had a 2:1 TD to INT ratio as a Bronco. That's better than John Elway. Obviously, he was no John Elway... but to say INT's was the reason people hated him is a little off. I think (a small percentage) of people "hated" him because he wasn't Elway, and couldn't carry the team by himself.

Tebow is in no way a better pocket passer than Plummer was at this point.
(Plummer: 62% completions first season as Bronco.)

Where you're correct is that Tebow is a bigger overall running threat than Jake. Jake would pick up first downs with his legs and was great at keeping plays alive... but he wasn't a threat to drop a hundy on you every week like Tebow. He also wasn't the athlete Tebow is, obviously.

I do think there are similarities and I understand why a lot of fans think so.
As I've said before... after John... Jake brought back the fire... and now I think it might be back again with Tim.

broncocalijohn
11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I loved Jake right up until Shanahan drafted Cutler the draft after the AFCC game causing Plummer to come unwound and couldn't play with Cutler's shadow cast across the field.

PS He also sucked in the AFCC game so I was OK with the Cutler move.

Let me know how Cutler did for us in his AFCCG. Shanahan downsized the playbook in 2005 to give Plummer less interceptions and it worked.

TheChamp24
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I secretly hated the Cutler pick because why take a QB when you need defensive help bad?
Plummer was never godly elite, but he was pretty good with us. The thing I think made him "hated" by fans is he would come up with some god awful decisions on throws/etc.

Houshyamama
11-09-2011, 01:52 PM

BUT

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/74.jpg

Pick Six
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Plummer was great on one play...the bootleg. Hopefully, Tebow becomes an expert on more than one play...

bendog
11-09-2011, 02:03 PM
A man goes into a clock shop, unzips and lays his cock on the counter.

The female clerk says, "Sir, this is a clock shop not a cock shop"

Man says, "Put a face and two hands on it."

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 02:04 PM

Hey, I already posted that one. Come on now, no repeats. ;D

mosca
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Crazy how people still insist on trashing Plummer and being hyper-critical of him so many years past his exit as QB. Fact is, the D played just as bad as he did in that AFC Title game against Pittsburgh.

Tebow is exciting, for sure. Let's just hope he can stay healthy and get into a similar rhythm as Plummer did as a play-action style QB.

Miss I.
11-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Okay now this is weird. I've been posting penis jokes for like 2 hours and the thing I get called on the carpet for is posting a picture of someone flipping the bird? Like there aren't at least 3 more of those in this thread and now I am being called out for that and not the penis jokes or the naked man pics. I suppose at least I didn't get called out for having my menses or something.

Well it was fun, but I think I've seen enough for one lifetime.
Hasta la vista gentlemen.

Smiling Assassin27
11-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I suppose at least I didn't get called out for having my menses or something.

I think it's great that your IQ is so high.

bendog
11-09-2011, 02:20 PM

my bad.

Houshyamama
11-09-2011, 02:21 PM

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/14.jpg

bendog
11-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Actually, I can only look at so many peniss in one day until they all look pretty much alike .... unless I'm at the gym with the black guys..... Those things are HUGE. And usually the sacks are all tight and not wrinkly ....

strafen
11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Plummer had a 2:1 TD to INT ratio as a Bronco. That's better than John Elway. Obviously, he was no John Elway... but to say INT's was the reason people hated him is a little off. I think (a small percentage) of people "hated" him because he wasn't Elway, and couldn't carry the team by himself.

Tebow is in no way a better pocket passer than Plummer was at this point.
(Plummer: 62% completions first season as Bronco.)

Where you're correct is that Tebow is a bigger overall running threat than Jake. Jake would pick up first downs with his legs and was great at keeping plays alive... but he wasn't a threat to drop a hundy on you every week like Tebow. He also wasn't the athlete Tebow is, obviously.

I do think there are similarities and I understand why a lot of fans think so.
As I've said before... after John... Jake brought back the fire... and now I think it might be back again with Tim.
How dumb do you want to be?
71TD and 47 INT as a Bronco is NOT a 2:1 ratio. Not even close.
Then you got the balls to compare Jake's brief career as a bronco to Elway's whole career as a bronco saying Plummer numbers are better than Elway.
You're not even comparing the amount of games Plummer played in Denver to an equal amount of Elway's games played to draw a better comparison.
You're saying that in 59 games Plummer TD:INT was better than Elways 234 games career :rofl:
Apples to apples. Plummer in his career threw 161 TD's and 161 INT
Elway 300 TD and 226 INT

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 02:25 PM
How about providing a quote, since I'm not planning on buying that book any time in the near future? Thanks.

No Library near you? You know you can walk into any library in the USA, look up the book, sit down and open it up to page 230 and read P. 230-231. P. 316 also talks about Plummer and the 49er loss to close out the 2006 season (which I was at and witnessed Plummers last flameout). I think your opinion of Plummer would change drastically if you took the time to read 3 pages.

It is a shame that any Bronco fan would not seek out any book that covers the history of the Broncos. Especially one that covers a season of a QB you like so much.

BTW I have covered this in older threads when the book came out, maybe if you did a forum search for the book title you might find what you are looking for, that or go to a library...

For other fans that might be interested in other good Bronco books check out 77, and Floyd Little Tales from the Bronco's sidelines.

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 02:31 PM

It was getting off the couch that cost him the most games.

But at least it wasn't TD's drive way that bit him like SOB.

mosca
11-09-2011, 02:38 PM
No Library near you? You know you can walk into any library in the USA, look up the book, sit down and open it up to page 230 and read P. 230-231. P. 316 also talks about Plummer and the 49er loss to close out the 2006 season (which I was at and witnessed Plummers last flameout). I think your opinion of Plummer would change drastically if you took the time to read 3 pages.

It is a shame that any Bronco fan would not seek out any book that covers the history of the Broncos. Especially one that covers a season of a QB you like so much.

BTW I have covered this in older threads when the book came out, maybe if you did a forum search for the book title you might find what you are looking for, that or go to a library...

For other fans that might be interested in other good Bronco books check out 77, and Floyd Little Tales from the Bronco's sidelines.
Look dude, I don't have the time to go to the library to fulfill the demands of your internet post. I have a job and a family that I spend most of my time on. Just tell me what was mentioned on that page of the book or STFU.

Jason in LA
11-09-2011, 02:40 PM
The guy led us to the dance every year he played. Something we probably used to take for granted, but obviously shouldn't nowadays.

I wouldn't call going from 7-2 to 7-4 enough of a "tailspin" to pull the plug on that. Then when we did, we just as easily went to 7-6. I still believe Jake would've found a way into the playoffs that year.

Good defenses and running games were a larger factor than Plummer in leading the Broncos to the playoffs. I'd say those two things, plus Shanahan, turned Plummer's career around.

Yes, that was a tailspin. The Broncos were 7-2 in spite of Plummer. The defense was carrying them. When the defense had some injuries and Plummer needed to pick up the slack, he failed and I think he would have continued to fail. I don't think that if they stuck with Plummer, that on the final game of the season they would have just needed one win to make the playoffs.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 02:44 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yur7Jy1duFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smiling Assassin27
11-09-2011, 02:47 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/berLBj5EoiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HorseHead
11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
the boy could play fake, roll out and bootleg with the best of them....

can't hate on Jake...but all valid points in regards to a strong D also helping out...

Pick Six
11-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Look dude, I don't have the time to go to the library to fulfill the demands of your internet post. I have a job and a family that I spend most of my time on. Just tell me what was mentioned on that page of the book or STFU.

Here's the solution. Instead of telling someone to STFU, take the family to the library. It would be a good outing...:thumbs:

bendog
11-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Mr. White, the biology professor, at a posh suburban girl's school, asked during class, "Miss Smith, would you name the organ in the human body, which under the appropriate conditions, expands to six times it's normal size, and define the conditions." Miss Smith gasped, then said snottily, "Mr. White, I don't think that is a proper question to ask me. I assure you that my parents will hear of this." With that, she sat down red-faced. Unperturbed, Mr. White called on Miss Jones, and asked the same question. Miss Jones, with complete composure replied, "The pupil of the eye, in dim light." "Correct," said Mr. White. "Now, Miss Smith, I have three things to say to you: one, you have not studied your lessons. Two, you have a dirty mind. And three, you will someday be faced with a dreadful disappointment."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason in LA
11-09-2011, 03:01 PM

I think people like to rewrite history. The year that the Broncos made it to the AFCCG, Shanahan pretty much too Plummer out of the offense. They did t mostly with a good running game and good defense. Plummer was actually a lot better that year in a limited role.

Jason in LA
11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm with you.

Plummer was an extremely good QB, orchestrating one of the biggest playoff upsets in history (defeating the Aikmen/Emmitt Cowboys on their home turf with the lowly Cardinals) and did amazing things with his feet. I was so excited to see him as a Bronco, and sad to see him reined in by Shanahan.

If Shanahan didn't rein him in, they would not have made it to the AFCCG.

Jason in LA
11-09-2011, 03:04 PM

They were on a two game losing streak with a QB who had played horrible all season. Lets not forget that.

fontaine
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I've never seen so much hype over a QB with just one very good season packed around a bunch of crappy years.

Plummer had a great year when the running game carried the load, and all he had to do was work off play action passes and work the only couple of plays he was good at in bootlegs and rollouts to target Lelie deep and Rod working the underneath stuff.

When the Pats showed that all you had to do was contain him in the pocket by rushing the DEs upfield to choke off the rollout option in the playoff game he broke like a guantanamo bay detainee.

Guys like Champ, the OL and run game, Al Wilson and John Lynch had more to do with the success that year than Plummer who quit like a spoiled brat when we drafted some competition in Cutler.

SportinOne
11-09-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't recall "small, probably frail" Plummer being injured for any prolonged period of time during his stint as starting QB.

Tebow, knock on wood, will not last long with his "punisher" style. Starting QBs in the NFL do not need to be running over defenders. I hope he learns to slide soon.

If Jake plowed into people the way Tebow does, he would have missed much time. Tebow is built like a fullback, who take and give some of the biggest hits on the field.. i think he'll be fine.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2011, 04:31 PM
I've never seen so much hype over a QB with just one very good season packed around a bunch of crappy years.

When the Pats showed that all you had to do was contain him in the pocket by rushing the DEs upfield to choke off the rollout option in the playoff game he broke like a guantanamo bay detainee.

You mean the playoff game he won 27-13? I was at that game. Don't really remember it going down quite like that.

baja
11-09-2011, 04:37 PM
If Jake plowed into people the way Tebow does, he would have missed much time. <b> Tebow is built like a fullback, who take and give some of the biggest hits on the field.. i think he'll be fine.

I can't get why people can't grasp this. Tebow is 250 pounds of solid muscle and he has the frame to go with it. Just because he plays the qb position it is assumed by most here that he is destined to be injured.

Popps
11-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I can't get why people can't grasp this. Tebow is 250 pounds of solid muscle and he has the frame to go with it. Just because he plays the qb position it is assumed by most here that he is destined to be injured.

Montrose made a pretty good point on the podcast. It's not so much when he's out in the open field... but when he's running around in the backfield looking for space, or with his eyes down-field that you worry about.

Archer81
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Plummer had a great year when the running game carried the load, and all he had to do was work off play action passes and work the only couple of plays he was good at in bootlegs and rollouts to target Lelie deep and Rod working the underneath stuff.

Guys like Champ, the OL and run game, Al Wilson and John Lynch had more to do with the success that year than Plummer who quit like a spoiled brat when we drafted some competition in Cutler.

We went to the playoffs three straight years with Plummer.

Requiem
11-09-2011, 05:07 PM
For the record, I really don't like either of them. Both have/had their moments. Fans here want a top seed QB. Plummer wasn't, Tebow likely isn't.

The Saga Continues!

2KBack
11-09-2011, 05:10 PM

never fewer than 10 wins in those years...a 4k yard season....tied the franchise record for pass TD's in a season... oh yeah and that year was when he had Rod...and a collection of never will be's at the skill positions

fontaine
11-09-2011, 05:17 PM

We also went to the playoffs three straight years with Coyer.

What's your point?

Jason in LA
11-09-2011, 05:20 PM

What's your point?

Yep. The Broncos had some really good defenses during that time period. Well, except in the playoffs against the Colts. Yikes!

baja
11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Montrose made a pretty good point on the podcast. It's not so much when he's out in the open field... but when he's running around in the backfield looking for space, or with his eyes down-field that you worry about.

I don't get that either. There are 31 other QBs under the same scenario and not one of them is as durable as Tebow appears to be. He also has world class escapability. The number of times he was hit after the pass in Oakland will slow down as he learns to burn them with quick passes (or if MaCoy gets his head out and calls them) . If last week showed us anything is that Tebow can tale a licking and keep on ticking. He'll start getting some of those non calls in time too.

fontaine
11-09-2011, 05:28 PM
You mean the playoff game he won 27-13? I was at that game. Don't really remember it going down quite like that.

:rofl:

He won?

Plummer and the offense scored just one FG from all of their own drives.

Every other score came from 4 or 5 (can't remember exactly how many) Patriots turnovers that were either interceptions or fumbles that gave the offense the ball each time in NE territory including twice, I think right in the red zone.

The defense/special teams generate 4 or 5 turnovers, but yeah, Plummer, he won the game.

This would be funny if it wasn't so horribly wrong.

Jason in LA
11-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I remember Champ Baily having a great play during that playoff game against the Pats. ;D

If I'm remembering right, the Pats were about to take the lead, but instead they were down by 10. It was a game changing play.

baja
11-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I remember Champ Baily having a great play during that playoff game against the Pats. ;D

If I'm remembering right, the Pats were about to take the lead, but instead they were down by 10. It was a game changing play.

Yup, pick six (almost) Champ picked Brady at our 6 yard line and took it back to the one yard line or did he take it in I don't remember.

Blueflame
11-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Yep. The Broncos had some really good defenses during that time period. Well, except in the playoffs against the Colts. Yikes!

Seems to me in a couple of consecutive seasons, injuries in the secondary had left us relying on the likes of Roc Alexander by the time we got to the Colts in the playoffs. :-/

mr007
11-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Yup, pick six (almost) Champ picked Brady at our 6 yard line and took it back to the one yard line or did he take it in I don't remember.

Back to the 1 before Ben Watson ran him down.

errand
11-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Om craig morton is the second greatest broncos quarterback of all time

broncogary
11-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Charley Johnson.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2011, 06:27 PM
:rofl:

He won?

Plummer and the offense scored just one FG from all of their own drives.

Every other score came from 4 or 5 (can't remember exactly how many) Patriots turnovers that were either interceptions or fumbles that gave the offense the ball each time in NE territory including twice, I think right in the red zone.

The defense/special teams generate 4 or 5 turnovers, but yeah, Plummer, he won the game.

This would be funny if it wasn't so horribly wrong.

I suppose he should've put up tons more yards on the short fields he was handed. Fact is, he got the job done like he did that whole season.

3,300+ yards, 18TDs to 7 INTs, magical 60% completion rate. Pro Bowl. Not sure what there is to criticize.

rmsanger
11-09-2011, 06:39 PM
To say Jake was hated is a bit of an overstatement. He had several years into the league and still had great volatility (peaks n valleys) in his game. One week he would naked boot for 350 yards and 3 tds and the next he would left hand a few ducks for multiple pick 6's. Jake was a winner to a point but we reached our cap with that AFC championship game. Cutler was believed to be the future and lead us to the promised land, it made to sense to make the switch with that team.

Tim a a fresh start for us now and we have much lowered expectations now! 13 years since the great one retired will do that to a fanbase...

bowtown
11-09-2011, 06:40 PM

Jarious Jackson

Houshyamama
11-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Jarious Jackson

Tommy Maddox

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Here's the solution. Instead of telling someone to STFU, take the family to the library. It would be a good outing...:thumbs:

What a concept!

We have 2 kids, I have to go a couple times a week to pick up reserves (CD's/DVD's/Books/Mags) and we make sure to take the kids just about ever Saturday. It is amazing how much they look forward to it.

Give people exact page #'s then multiple options to get access to the material (including searching this forum) then they still look for excuses not to seek it out.

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Tommy Maddox

Norris Weese

Punisher
11-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Plummer sucked balls.

The Snake was the man We was one win away from the Bowl and we would of owned the Seahawks that year too

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Who wants to be reminded about the 2 back to back Colt embarrassments?

Punisher
11-09-2011, 07:36 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/142/354/2844009.jpg.25899.0_display_image.jpg?1264079858

Garcia Bronco
11-09-2011, 07:54 PM

BUT

He was booed out of town because he stopped trying. He admits he stopped trying. This matter is closed.

Popps
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
I suppose he should've put up tons more yards on the short fields he was handed. Fact is, he got the job done like he did that whole season.

3,300+ yards, 18TDs to 7 INTs, magical 60% completion rate. Pro Bowl. Not sure what there is to criticize.

Look, a lot of people hitched their wagon to the idea that Jay Cutler was the savior for this team. Of course, we know that the team went downhill from the very second Jay was named the starter... until the coach was fired and he was eventually traded. So, there's a small contingent around here looking to rewrite history to save face. Why, I have no idea.

You've also got a good percentage here who don't see much past the QB position. So, if we're losing... it must be the QB. Never mind we saw some of the biggest collapses in NFL history from our defenses in those playoff games. It was all on the QB.

Facts are facts. Jake was the 2nd best QB we've ever had. .750 winning %, 2:1 TD/INT ratio and he was the last QB not named Elway to do ANYTHING of note for this franchise. Why people want to trash the name of the 2nd best QB we've had is beyond me. I think most of them just figure it's easy to find guys like Elway, so Plummer had to go.

Again, thankfully... we've got a QB now that can inject some of that same excitement back into the team and fan-base again. We've just got to hope he improves as a passer.

NUB
11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Jake Plummer was well liked here until that last season. He's recently admitted his heart wasn't in the game then and I think the fans and players all sensed it, too.

Pontius Pirate
11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
For the record, I really don't like either of them. Both have/had their moments. Fans here want a top seed QB. Plummer wasn't, Tebow likely isn't.

The Saga Continues!

And in a few short words, you've captured perfectly why Denver fans suck balls. Yes, indeed, saga continues. We won't be happy unless we have Tom Brady! And even then, once he throws an INT, we will be wondering about which QB to pick up next!

Meanwhile, in SF, the wins keep piling up with a serviceable QB.

baja
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
And in a few short words, you've captured perfectly why Denver fans suck balls. Yes, indeed, saga continues. We won't be happy unless we have Tom Brady! And even then, once he throws an INT, we will be wondering about which QB to pick up next!

They scored big on their coach too.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM

I liked plummer. I really liked cutler. I liked Orton untill about 4 minutes into his first game. I liked Tebow until i saw him play and realized he is the same guy I thought was terrible in college and had no chance of playing in the NFL. I just want a decent quarterback. Tebow is not it, Orton is not it, Quinn probably isnt but i would like to see him play at least, before they draft a QB.

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 08:56 PM

Yep.

People don't realize that games are won and lost in the trenches. The team has already rotated QB 3 times since Plummer. We have seen relatively little done to address the lines.

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I liked plummer. I really liked cutler. I liked Orton untill about 4 minutes into his first game. I liked Tebow until i saw him play and realized he is the same guy I thought was terrible in college and had no chance of playing in the NFL. I just want a decent quarterback. Tebow is not it, Orton is not it, Quinn probably isnt but i would like to see him play at least, before they draft a QB.

Okay.

You just made your opinion illegitimate.

He was arguably the best college player of all time.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Okay.

You just made your opinion illegitimate.

He was arguably the best college player of all time.

I did no such thing. Herschel walker was an amazing college player. He would have been horrible as an NFL Quarterback. The NFL is full of great college players that could never play Quarterback in the NFL, Tebow just happens to be one of them. Your insufferable need to protect Tebow from criticism does however make your opinion illegitimate.

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I did no such thing. Herschel walker was an amazing college player. He would have been horrible as an NFL Quarterback. The NFL is full of great college players that could never play Quarterback in the NFL, Tebow just happens to be one of them. Your insufferable need to protect Tebow from criticism does however make your opinion illegitimate.

Wax poetic again about how terrible of a college player that Tebow was. That was cool.

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Look, a lot of people hitched their wagon to the idea that Jay Cutler was the savior for this team. Of course, we know that the team went downhill from the very second Jay was named the starter... until the coach was fired and he was eventually traded. So, there's a small contingent around here looking to rewrite history to save face. Why, I have no idea.

You've also got a good percentage here who don't see much past the QB position. So, if we're losing... it must be the QB. Never mind we saw some of the biggest collapses in NFL history from our defenses in those playoff games. It was all on the QB.

Facts are facts. Jake was the 2nd best QB we've ever had. .750 winning %, 2:1 TD/INT ratio and he was the last QB not named Elway to do ANYTHING of note for this franchise. Why people want to trash the name of the 2nd best QB we've had is beyond me. I think most of them just figure it's easy to find guys like Elway, so Plummer had to go.

Again, thankfully... we've got a QB now that can inject some of that same excitement back into the team and fan-base again. We've just got to hope he improves as a passer.

Morton is the 2nd best Bronco QB.

If you ever saw Morton play it would be crystal clear.

He was a better pure passer had a quick release, a cannon for an arm, was responsible for establishing the Mile High Magic (comebacks) and did not need a gimick in order to be successful. Plus he did more with a lot less offensively.

I do think Jake was the 3rd best QB but only because SOB was SOB and had no heart for the game, until 2006 Jake had heart on game-days.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Wax poetic again about how terrible of a college player that Tebow was. That was cool.

Tebow was a terrible NFL prospect in college. If you didn't see that you are blind or ignorant.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Please feel free to find an NFL scouting report that insinuates that Tebow was a solid prospect to be an NFL quarterback. Show one person, other than the idiot that drafted him, that said he should be picked in the first round. Show me one shred of evidence that he was one of the greatest NFL prospects in college history. He wasn't, most people thought he would be the next Chris Cooley, and they were right.

Archer81
11-09-2011, 09:38 PM

What's your point?

...Probably because before that we had missed the playoffs for 2 straight seasons?

You can sit there and claim Plummer was a horrible QB. He was not. He had limits, and even with his limits we had a regular playoff team. I realize its been awhile since Denver has played deep into January but even you cannot be so dense to pretend a QB capable of taking a team to the playoffs is a horrible player.

Archer81
11-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Please feel free to find an NFL scouting report that insinuates that Tebow was a solid prospect to be an NFL quarterback. Show one person, other than the idiot that drafted him, that said he should be picked in the first round. Show me one shred of evidence that he was one of the greatest NFL prospects in college history. He wasn't, most people thought he would be the next Chris Cooley, and they were right.

Most people agreed he would go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Most people think he is talented enough to play QB...but is extremely raw, and would require alot of work to make him a starter.

Everything else you posted is just silliness.

Archedamian
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I really liked Plummer. I have no bad feelings toward him, but I was so disappointed that he just gave in at the end. He didn't have the heart like I know Tebow has.

OrangeSe7en
11-09-2011, 10:14 PM

BUT

Tebow and Plummer are not the same guy.

There, that was easy.

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM

No, you specifically said that you thought Tebow was "terrible" in college.

You can't move the goal posts now that you made a ridiculous statement you regret.

broncocalijohn
11-09-2011, 10:32 PM

better than the embarrasing 3 game lead with 3 to go to **** that one up and let us not forget the embarrasing 2-14 season from last year. I would rather make it then not have a shot at all (or screw it up).

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 10:40 PM
No, you specifically said that you thought Tebow was "terrible" in college.

You can't move the goal posts now that you made a ridiculous statement you regret.

You hang on to that... Soon that wonderful college career will be all you have left Tebow Super Fan.

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 10:45 PM
You hang on to that... Soon that wonderful college career will be all you have left Tebow Super Fan.

He's the Denver Broncos' QB and a great guy who is great for kids. Thats as far as I'm invested.

You irrational haters, on the other hand, have more in common with Chiefs or Raiders fans than you do with Broncos fans at this point.

TDmvp
11-09-2011, 10:45 PM

As someone who disliked Tebow in college and made jokes on draft night when we drafted him would you do us all a favor and stop acting like a high functioning retard ... Appreciate that.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 10:50 PM
He's the Denver Broncos' QB and a great guy who is great for kids. Thats as far as I'm invested.

You irrational haters, on the other hand, have more in common with Chiefs or Raiders fans than you do with Broncos fans at this point.

Oh please, you hear the wind blow and you check to make sure it wasnt someone saying something bad about Tebow. I never had a problem with the guy till i watched his last three games. I dont wanna have to sit through another three years of terrible quarterback play, like I just did with Orton.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 10:51 PM
As someone who disliked Tebow in college and made jokes on draft night when we drafted him would you do us all a favor and stop acting like a high functioning retard ... Appreciate that.

Go shi* in your hand.... Preciate that.

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh please, you hear the wind blow and you check to make sure it wasnt someone saying something bad about Tebow. I never had a problem with the guy till i watched his last three games. I dont wanna have to sit through another three years of terrible quarterback play, like I just did with Orton.

The short attention span generation.

You would have hated Elway too.

Arkie
11-09-2011, 10:57 PM

He was rising up the draft boards in April. I remember some the experts speculating that he would go to Jacksonville at 10 to sell seats. Google tim tebow draft projection.

The first result is from Apr 16, 2010
As early as: Buffalo at 9 or Jacksonville at 10, but both franchises have too many needs to take a project with a top 10 pick. Still, stranger things have happened in the top 10, and Tebow has a big Bills backer in Jim Kelly.

As late as: Early-mid third round This draft is very deep, and Tebow might not be as attractive as the many players seen as first-round quality who will be available in the second round.

The second result is from Apr 19, 2010
NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock rates Tebow as the No. 3 quarterback in the draft behind Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen. That projection, coupled with chatter from NFL types like Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll who view Tebow as a first-round pick, make it look as if the Patriots will have just one shot to land Tebow at No. 22 overall.

Turd_Ferguson
11-09-2011, 10:58 PM
The short attention span generation.

You would have hated Elway too.

I didnt hate Elway I watched him win two superbowls. He had all the tools. He was the first overall pick in the draft I would have gave him all the time he needed to pick it up. Tebow is not Elway and its ridiculous to even compare the two.

epicSocialism4tw
11-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I didnt hate Elway I watched him win two superbowls. He had all the tools. He was the first overall pick in the draft I would have gave him all the time he needed to pick it up. Tebow is not Elway and its ridiculous to even compare the two.

You didn't see Elway in his first 6 games. It was rough at times.

Have some patience. Players develop. They adapt and get up to game speed.

Arkie
11-09-2011, 11:17 PM

http://digitalsportsdaily.com/nfl/draft/602-projecting-tim-tebow.html

Here is a selection of some final picks close to draft day. He never lasts past the first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

Two USA TODAY Draft analysts project Tebow as the No. 30th overall pick of the Minnesota Vikings

Peter King of Sports Illustrated projects Tebow will be drafted 30th overall to the Vikings.

Walterfootball.com projects Tebow as the 41st pick overall by the Buffalo Bills

Bill Simmons of ESPN has Jacksonville taking Tebow 24th overall via a fake trade

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. predicts Tebow will go 30th overall to the Minnesota Vikings

MyNFLDraft.com projects Tebow as the 41st pick by the Buffalo Bills.

Charles Davis of NFL.com projects Tebow as the 32nd pick by the New Orleans Saints.

fontaine
11-10-2011, 04:04 AM

I'm not sure either.

Because I already said Plummer had a very good season that year so that's not really in question.

But it's completely wrong to say he won that playoff game for us when the defense/special teams generated 4/5 turnovers giving the offense the ball deep in NE territory and in the red zone twice at least.

All the other drives where the offense got the ball from kickoff/punts generated just one FG.

So yeah, by saying Plummer won the game for us completely minimizes the game winning efforts of the guys like Champ, Lynch, Wilson etc.

fontaine
11-10-2011, 04:27 AM
...Probably because before that we had missed the playoffs for 2 straight seasons?

You can sit there and claim Plummer was a horrible QB. He was not. He had limits, and even with his limits we had a regular playoff team. I realize its been awhile since Denver has played deep into January but even you cannot be so dense to pretend a QB capable of taking a team to the playoffs is a horrible player.

That's all fine and good.

Except when did I say Plummer was a horrible QB?

mosca
11-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the tip, genius.

mosca
11-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Give people exact page #'s then multiple options to get access to the material (including searching this forum) then they still look for excuses not to seek it out.
I have a better idea - you could paraphrase what was on the page in order to lay out whatever point you were making about Plummer, instead of leading people on a wild-goose chase and demanding that they go to the library or conduct an Internet search to find out what was on page 402 of whatever book you referenced.

BroncoBeavis
11-10-2011, 06:55 AM
But it's completely wrong to say he won that playoff game for us when the defense/special teams generated 4/5 turnovers giving the offense the ball deep in NE territory and in the red zone twice at least.

So yeah, by saying Plummer won the game for us completely minimizes the game winning efforts of the guys like Champ, Lynch, Wilson etc.

I could say Champ won the game. Or Todd Sauerbrun for that matter. They all played well enough to win the game. That wouldn't mean any of them were the only reason we won. Arguing semantics is pointless. You know what the point is. Being argumentative for its own sake isn't worth getting into.

fontaine
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM
I could say Champ won the game. Or Todd Sauerbrun for that matter. They all played well enough to win the game. That wouldn't mean any of them were the only reason we won. Arguing semantics is pointless. You know what the point is. Being argumentative for its own sake isn't worth getting into.

So you really think it's just semantics in saying:

Jake Plummer won the playoff game
or
Todd Sauerbraun won the playoff game

I can see where the problem is now. You're right, it's not worth getting into.

errand
11-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Norris Weese

He was a pretty mobile QB....most rushing yards by Broncos QB in a game with 120 vs. Bears in 1976. Some claim had he started SB XII vs dallas...outcome might have been different. Died of cancer if I recall correctly

ScottXray
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM
He was a pretty mobile QB....most rushing yards by Broncos QB in a game with 120 vs. Bears in 1976. Some claim had he started SB XII vs dallas...outcome might have been different. Died of cancer if I recall correctly

Possible but forgotten is the fact that Weese STARTED against Dallas late in that year ( while Morton sat out the last few games) and was ineffective in moving the ball. I think we lost 13-3. Although a lot of other starters sat out too.

SBXII was keyed by two great defenses, and I said before the game if either team got up by more than 7 it was all over but the crying. We had a chance to go up early when Dallas fumbled a kick return at their own 5 , but somehow they recovered in the scrum pile that resulted ( I think the refs allowed too much time to determine the recovery and Dallas stole it back in the pile). If Denver had gotten that ball I have no doubt we would have won that game. Both defenses played at a different level with a lead.

bowtown
11-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey you guys remember when Griese got the start?

broncosteven
11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Possible but forgotten is the fact that Weese STARTED against Dallas late in that year ( while Morton sat out the last few games) and was ineffective in moving the ball. I think we lost 13-3. Although a lot of other starters sat out too.

SBXII was keyed by two great defenses, and I said before the game if either team got up by more than 7 it was all over but the crying. We had a chance to go up early when Dallas fumbled a kick return at their own 5 , but somehow they recovered in the scrum pile that resulted ( I think the refs allowed too much time to determine the recovery and Dallas stole it back in the pile). If Denver had gotten that ball I have no doubt we would have won that game. Both defenses played at a different level with a lead.

I would start a thread asking if Weese > Tebow but I am afraid of the butt hurt it may cause even though Weese had marginally better mechanics than Tebow.

broncosteven
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I have a better idea - you could paraphrase what was on the page in order to lay out whatever point you were making about Plummer, instead of leading people on a wild-goose chase and demanding that they go to the library or conduct an Internet search to find out what was on page 402 of whatever book you referenced.

I did paraphrase it, Jake quit on his team and forced Shanny to move up in the draft and take Cutler. If you want more than that look it up, I am not typing the whole 3 pages because you won't pick up a book.

mosca
11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I did paraphrase it, Jake quit on his team and forced Shanny to move up in the draft and take Cutler. If you want more than that look it up, I am not typing the whole 3 pages because you won't pick up a book.
No, you did not paraphrase it. You said: You never read "A few seconds of panic" did you.

Guess what, I have a ton of favorite books too. I could rattle off page numbers as well that I think you should read, and you know what? I won't tell you what those pages are about. I guess if you don't pick up these books that makes you lazy?

bendog
11-10-2011, 01:14 PM

I think it might be illegal too. (-: But you're right about Jake quitting. Does the book discuss Lepsis?

broncosteven
11-10-2011, 01:26 PM
I think it might be illegal too. (-: But you're right about Jake quitting. Does the book discuss Lepsis?

Plus Fatsis has an account here and has posted before.

bendog
11-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Plus Fatsis has an account here and has posted before.

To save me the time of going back through all of this, would you mind telling me the title again. To be honest I was going to buy myself Tom Beer's book, that I found at some used sellers on Amazon, and I've never read 'then morton said to elway,' and both seem a bit less depressing that jake's quitting and shanny's fall. But I might add it in.

BroncoBeavis
11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
So you really think it's just semantics in saying:

Jake Plummer won the playoff game
or
Todd Sauerbraun won the playoff game

I can see where the problem is now. You're right, it's not worth getting into.

Anyway, back to the main point. You said that the Patriots created a formula to stop Plummer that game.

And, apparently, that formula was to turn the ball over a lot and give Plummer a short field to make scoring easy, so he didn't have to rack up tons of yards. :)

riiiiick
11-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I read that recent article where Jake says, the drafting of Cutler, which he took as a personal message from Shanny and not Tilman was his reason for losing interest. That's also what I thought at the time.
Any rate, it's old news. Bring on KC! The excitement is back!!!

Punisher
11-10-2011, 02:15 PM

This

BroncoBeavis
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
This

Read Thread

Punisher
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM

this

TDmvp
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM
This

If you would maybe read you would see this has already been covered..

Here is a selection of some final picks close to draft day. He never lasts past the first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

Two USA TODAY Draft analysts project Tebow as the No. 30th overall pick of the Minnesota Vikings

Peter King of Sports Illustrated projects Tebow will be drafted 30th overall to the Vikings.

Bill Simmons of ESPN has Jacksonville taking Tebow 24th overall via a fake trade

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. predicts Tebow will go 30th overall to the Minnesota Vikings

Charles Davis of NFL.com projects Tebow as the 32nd pick by the New Orleans Saints.

But don't let facts get in the way of your stupidity.

Edit : and we seen it with you bolding his post... Could you act more like a 12 year old maybe ?

And for the record that guy is a garbage bassist for a $hit band...

Punisher
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM

THIS

TDmvp
11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
You got a facebook maybe we can hook up?

And no I don't want to "hook up" with you on facebook , whatever that means.

baja
11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
And no I don't want to "hook up" with you on facebook , whatever that means.

It means he want's to give you some "Weak Sauce"

TDmvp
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM

ROFL! Well played Baja , Well played....

Punisher
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM

You want some of my Weak Sauce?

errand
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't know who was hating on Plummer, but I adored the dude.

Are you crazy? thiss place had tons of people hating on Jake...albeit more so after Jay was drafted....

I recall TJ going out of his way to show a boulder with a #16 on it as his avatar calling Jake the "roadblock" to the team's success. He even spent all night coming up with some bull**** scenario that had Jake led us to a TD on every drive vs Colts, we'd have won the game....and he was serious..

blueflame called his signing a mistake of colossal proportions

Search it if you don't believe me....

bendog
11-10-2011, 02:59 PM

I'd kill everyone on this board for a martini right now (-:

baja
11-10-2011, 03:00 PM

List the ingredients and I'll let you know.

errand
11-10-2011, 03:08 PM

That season finale in '77 where the Cowboys and Broncos played in kind of close to the vest, was a defensive struggle as well...Dallas won 14-6.

Yeah that game was pretty much the Cowboys getting virtually every call....that fumble you mention. Staubach threw and INT, but refs said he had stepped out of bounds, replays showed he was indeed in bounds....that bull**** "broke the plane" touchdown sucked as well....but our defense was definitely one of the best to never have won it all...

The Broncos had 8 turnovers (7 in first half alone)...a few others that should have been turnovers, and we were only down 13-3 at halftime of a 27-10 loss.

bowtown
11-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Fail is at least one of the ingredients.

Mixed with quitting, a healthy scoop of self-loathing, and topped off with a pathetic cry for for attention.

TDmvp
11-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Mixed with quitting, a healthy scoop of self-loathing, and topped off with a pathetic cry for for attention.

The funny thing is he used to be one of the better posters and even had him friended on here , but every since his whole I'm leaving bit and then returning and acting like a petulant child most the time his bit has grown old.

errand
11-10-2011, 03:21 PM

I'd have to respectfully disagree on Jake's standing in Broncos QB lore...I'd have him ranked #3 overall, behind Elway, and Morton as the '77 Super bowl appearance carries more weight with me. John, Craig and Jake however are the only QB's in team history to have led our team to 3 consecutive playoff appearances.

Morton went 12-2, 10-6, 10-6, 8-8, 10-6 and was Deberg's back-up in 2-7 strike shortened '82 season. Also went 2-3 in playoffs, beating Steelers and Raiders in '77 before losing to Cowboys in SBXII. Overall we went 44-25 before that miserable '82 season. But Jake will always be held in high esteem with me due to his helping us have some kind of success, in fact our only real success A.E.

Turd_Ferguson
11-10-2011, 03:23 PM

Im not saying people didnt think he could go in the first round. These are all projections from mock drafts. Im talking about a scouting report of some kind, where someone breaks down his abilities to play quarterback in the NFL and rates him. I honestly dont remember ANYONE out there saying oh yea Tim Tebow, you gotta take this guy in the first round. yes some people said it was possible he goes in the bottom of the first round, but that is more based on insider info from teams that were interested in him not his talent. Clearly Josh McDaniels had him rated as first round talent, but that doesnt really bode well for him.

TDmvp
11-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Im not saying people didnt think he could go in the first round. These are all projections from mock drafts. Im talking about a scouting report of some kind, where someone breaks down his abilities to play quarterback in the NFL and rates him. I honestly dont remember ANYONE out there saying oh yea Tim Tebow, you gotta take this guy in the first round. yes some people said it was possible he goes in the bottom of the first round, but that is more based on insider info from teams that were interested in him not his talent. Clearly Josh McDaniels had him rated as first round talent, but that doesnt really bode well for him.

Sorta agree TF ... Yea that post we both quoted shows where some people thought he might go in the first , but not many at all thought he was worthy a first round pick based on skill set. Fair statement.

Turd_Ferguson
11-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Sorta agree TF ... Yea that post we both quoted shows where some people thought he might go in the first , but not many at all thought he was worthy a first round pick based on skill set. Fair statement.

To be totally honest with you by the time the draft rolled around I had myself convinced McDaniels had some sort of plot to take him, I just never would have thought he would trade back into the first round to do it. I know one thing, I was the lonely broncos fan in a room of Green Bay and Minnesota fans at the draft party, and they all thought it was hilarious when we drafted him. If you have ever been around a drunken douch bag vikings fan you know what it was like.

mosca
11-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I recall TJ going out of his way to show a boulder with a #16 on it as his avatar calling Jake the "roadblock" to the team's success. He even spent all night coming up with some bull**** scenario that had Jake led us to a TD on every drive vs Colts, we'd have won the game....and he was serious..
Great memory! I remember that roadblock thread... And also when TJ creamed his pants after Cutler was drafted and immediately began calling for him to be the starter. And look where we are today - many of the same people now poking fun at Cutler and criticizing him for whatever - being a crybaby, interception-prone, not setting his feet, you name it. Fan loyalty at its best.

baja
11-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Cutler is quietly growing into a good QB

strafen
11-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Are you crazy? thiss place had tons of people hating on Jake...albeit more so after Jay was drafted....

Search it if you don't believe me....I think TJ and BF were right on.
You however, supported Plummer, Orton, and McDaniels.
I think given your track record, it's safe to say you're credibility is shaky at best when it comes down to you evaluating who can really play, and who is really a player and not a pretender...

BroncoBeavis
11-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I was the lonely broncos fan in a room of Green Bay and Minnesota fans at the draft party, and they all thought it was hilarious when we drafted him. If you have ever been around a drunken douch bag vikings fan you know what it was like.

You ask those lutefisk snarfing Fargoites how Chris Cook is working out for them. :)

Turd_Ferguson
11-10-2011, 04:05 PM
You ask those lutefisk snarfing Fargoites how Chris Cook is working out for them. :)

The vikings drafted a WR in the first round only to find out he was legally blind, they also drafted a guy that tried to kill himself before ever playing a down, and then they just didnt draft when it was their turn. Vikings fans should avoid talking about the NFL draft at all costs.

BroncoBeavis
11-10-2011, 04:13 PM
they also drafted a guy that tried to kill himself before ever playing a down,

It's the Vikings. I'm surprised that doesn't happen every other year.

baja
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM

Looks like you are banned.

The little rep thingy is missing.

Taco John
11-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Search it if you don't believe me....

Not on every drive. It just showed that if Jake Plummer would have played even moderately competent how it would have changed the complexion of the game. Jake Plummer was a roadblock to this teams success. He rode for what he could, but his ceiling was big games. He choked in them. Fact.

Pontius Pirate
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Not on every drive. It just showed that if Jake Plummer would have played even moderately competent how it would have changed the complexion of the game. Jake Plummer was a roadblock to this teams success. He rode for what he could, but his ceiling was big games. He choked in them. Fact.

From "The Top 10 Sports Chokes of All Time" :

Number 9
John Elway
Denver Broncos
Choke job: 1990 Super Bowl

Once upon a time, John Elway was the poster boy for pro athletes who couldn't win the "big one." His alleged championship game stage fright was so frequently and cattily discussed that even The Simpsons succumbed to the urge to roast the Bronco legend. In the classic episode "Cape Feare," Homer fantasizes about becoming John Elway ("Thanks to Elway's patented last-second magic, the final score is Denver 7, San Francisco 56!").

The critics and comedy writers tended to ignore the relative paucity of talent on the Bronco roster and Elway's long string of brilliant, come-from-behind wins, instead focusing squarely on his lousy Super Bowl stat lines.

But in 1990, Elway earned the derision that had been thrown his way. Against the San Francisco 49ers, Elway made his two previous Super Bowl appearances (a mediocre performance against the Giants in 1987 and a bad one in 1988 versus the Redskins) look like unblemished brilliance. In what was possibly the least competitive Super Bowl ever, Elway puked up 10 completions in 26 attempts, 2 interceptions and 106 yards in a 55-0 pasting.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness_top_ten/43_fitness_list.html

Play2win
11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
From "The Top 10 Sports Chokes of All Time" :

Number 9
John Elway
Denver Broncos
Choke job: 1990 Super Bowl

Once upon a time, John Elway was the poster boy for pro athletes who couldn't win the "big one." His alleged championship game stage fright was so frequently and cattily discussed that even The Simpsons succumbed to the urge to roast the Bronco legend. In the classic episode "Cape Feare," Homer fantasizes about becoming John Elway ("Thanks to Elway's patented last-second magic, the final score is Denver 7, San Francisco 56!").

The critics and comedy writers tended to ignore the relative paucity of talent on the Bronco roster and Elway's long string of brilliant, come-from-behind wins, instead focusing squarely on his lousy Super Bowl stat lines.

But in 1990, Elway earned the derision that had been thrown his way. Against the San Francisco 49ers, Elway made his two previous Super Bowl appearances (a mediocre performance against the Giants in 1987 and a bad one in 1988 versus the Redskins) look like unblemished brilliance. In what was possibly the least competitive Super Bowl ever, Elway puked up 10 completions in 26 attempts, 2 interceptions and 106 yards in a 55-0 pasting.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness_top_ten/43_fitness_list.html

Never happened. Not in my Universe.

oubronco
11-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Cutler is quietly growing into a good QB

For the fuggin Bears

errand
11-10-2011, 08:42 PM

I'm curious TJ...how many big games have we played in since he was benched?