PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 12 - @ Oakland

Taco John
11-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Download Episode 12 - Week 9 vs. Oakland (http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/z88ym1ahj2/111108_orangemanepodcast_12.mp3)
(right click - save as)

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/z88ym1ahj2/111108_orangemanepodcast_12.mp3

TDmvp
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
LOL all the intro needs is some video highlights and of Raiders fans and their sad clown faces and that would be epic.

TDmvp
11-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Montrose , it's good to see you was able to put your personal thoughts and sadness aside over the pocket sloth being benched and return to the Podcast.

:giggle:

montrose
11-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Montrose , it's good to see you was able to put your personal thoughts and sadness aside over the pocket sloth being benched and return to the Podcast.

:giggle:

lol A little sarcasm never hurt anyone...

Taco John
11-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I love this episode. I really enjoyed doing it, but am enjoying listening to it. What a fun episode. How great to win against the Raiders in the black hole?

24champ
11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Did you guys talk about how Tebow would be at Running Back? :twitch:

Taco John
11-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Did you guys talk about how Tebow would be at Running Back? :twitch:

We already know the answer to that. We talked about using him at middle linebacker.

t-diddy
11-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Just finished it... well done gentlemen.

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 07:08 AM
We already know the answer to that. We talked about using him at middle linebacker.

Trolling!

(In b4 ban)

MileHighMagic
11-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I absolutely love these. Thank you!

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I absolutely love these. Thank you!

I absolutely love you. Thank you!

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
The Rev, has anyone ever told you you sound like Seth Green sometimes?

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 09:07 AM
The Rev, has anyone ever told you you sound like Seth Green sometimes?

Haha, NEVER.

I'm pretty sure I don't sound like this though? I sound different in phone messages and old radio book interviews I've done.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Haha, NEVER.

I'm pretty sure I don't sound like this though? I sound different in phone messages and old radio book interviews I've done.
It's just when you get excited. It's not bad. It just reminds me of how he talks. You both have this scratchy aspect to your voices.

BTW still listening now, but dovetailing on what Raj said about the coaches preparing for that option read, several players said the same thing. I remember one quote in particular from Seymour where he said "there was nothing they did we didn't know they were going to do."

jhns
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Just finished. Good stuff from everyone involved.

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
It's just when you get excited. It's not bad. It just reminds me of how he talks. You both have this scratchy aspect to your voices.

BTW still listening now, but dovetailing on what Raj said about the coaches preparing for that option read, several players said the same thing. I remember one quote in particular from Seymour where he said "there was nothing they did we didn't know they were going to do."

And then Seymour met BIG DANIEL FELLS.

(High fives all around)

Most the way done listening and this one is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly good I think.

BroncsCheer
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Good stuff about how the new scheme provides advantages.

thanks guys

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Just finished and REALLY like this one.

Also, it seems that the funnest parts of the podcasts for us involved come in random discussion before and after the shows when it's no longer a part of the show and we're just talking. Would be pretty if you just ran the recording TJ and then made a mash up episode of random thoughts and us making fun of each other and joking around about the Broncos, FO, posters, draft, etc. Like last after last night's show we had a good 10+ min discussion on the draft and there was some pretty great stuff involved in that laid back just hanging out format. Just a thought.

Off to gym. <3 live, laugh, love <3 (hahahahaha)

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I've got a half hour left to go, but that's a great point TJ makes about the team having a killer instinct. This is not a team you want to let hang around. They aren't "good" yet but they are dangerous. You have to beat them down keep your heel on their throat to be safe.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 11:08 AM
lol at Raj "He's not very good at football right now." :rofl:

Ray Finkle
11-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Socal with the homer shout out to Crosby....I am sure you have missed him....

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I was going to say it was my favorite one ever. Then 75% of you didn't just defend Hillis, but advocated going out and trying to acquire him. Oh good grief. :oyvey:

Of course I could have gone next Tuesday but we're not doing it and I might actually miss the 29th. The forces that be are conspiring to keep me off the show.

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I was going to say it was my favorite one ever. Then 75% of you didn't just defend Hillis, but advocated going out and trying to acquire him. Oh good grief. :oyvey:

TJ said to take money out of it. Why wouldn't you? We'd be one of those teams that linebackers and safeties dread playing.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 12:26 PM
TJ said to take money out of it. Why wouldn't you? We'd be one of those teams that linebackers and safeties dread playing for because of the idiot head case of a running back in the locker room.
FYP.

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
FYP.

::)

Good post, Popps

jhns
11-09-2011, 12:31 PM
And that pretty much sums up why the best two shows have been this exact cast.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 12:43 PM

Good post, Popps

You're serious? You honestly think he's worth the headaches he causes? Why don't we try and trade back for Marshall and see if Travis Henry has paid enough of his debt off to swing him back through for another pass while we're at it!

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 12:47 PM
You're serious? You honestly think he's worth the headaches he causes? Why don't we try and trade back for Marshall and see if Travis Henry has paid enough of his debt off to swing him back through for another pass while we're at it!

...what headaches from Hillis?

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
...what headaches from Hillis?

Hillis slowly losing support in Browns locker room

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_peyton_hillis_hamstring_contract_browns1104 11

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” says one Browns veteran. “Last year, Peyton was such a positive, inspirational force on our team – but now he’s like a different guy. It’s like he’s in a funk that he can’t get out of, and it’s killing us, because we really need him. And we’ve told him that. But we’re at the point where we just don’t know what to do.”

During an interview session with reporters in the locker room of the Browns’ training facility Thursday, Hillis conceded that his dissatisfaction with his contract and the accompanying controversies – including his decision to miss a late-September game against the Miami Dolphins while suffering from strep throat – have made it difficult to get his “mind right.”

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Hillis slowly losing support in Browns locker room

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_peyton_hillis_hamstring_contract_browns1104 11

I thought we already covered the money stuff would be out of this...?

El Guapo
11-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Just finished listening; great as usual, but this one definitely had some more flare to it. Its amazing what can happen when our guys win.

Great job, thanks.

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 12:56 PM
And that pretty much sums up why the best two shows have been this exact cast.

A LOT of people would say the same things about the ones I'm not in.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I thought we already covered the money stuff would be out of this...?

I realize the comments were mostly tongue in cheek, but you made a comment suggesting we should pay more than he's worth. You honestly want to pay him as a top 5 running back? I did lol at the idea of a Tebow, Hillis, Larsen, McGahee backfield. The "more-than-token-black-guy" offense, if you will. But he is easily the most overrated player on this entire board and obviously eclipsed Ed Reed as the Eurydice of the board.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 01:01 PM

:~ohyah!: Ah Jhiz. In his mind I am a traitor to the Broncos for not attacking my head coach at every turn, daring to hope for him to do well, and for not wishing for losses to expedite his release. What a horrible person I am.

Lycan
11-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Just listened to the show, very entertaining.

Not sure what Knowshon's thoughts are on rubbing up against Tebow but I think it's worth a shot.

jhns
11-09-2011, 01:04 PM

Maybe. That has to come from personal hatred though.

You and montrose sound like you should have a national AM show. You had a bit on this one with a lot of "umms", but that is about the only thing you need to work on. SoCal and TJ are pretty good as well. It helps that I agree with most of the takes!

jhns
11-09-2011, 01:08 PM
:~ohyah!: Ah Jhiz. In his mind I am a traitor to the Broncos for not attacking my head coach at every turn, daring to hope for him to do well, and for not wishing for losses to expedite his release. What a horrible person I am.

No, I just like the ones that leave their agendas out of it. This group tells it like it is. You? Not so much. You worry about sounding too positive, or negative. Your opinions aren't always based on football, as can be seen with the Hillis conversation.

I have no problem with you other than that. Your McFandom, and constant crying about me, just makes me laugh about how dumb you are. It isn't like I get along with any of the other four...

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I realize the comments were mostly tongue in cheek, but you made a comment suggesting we should pay more than he's worth. You honestly want to pay him as a top 5 running back? I did lol at the idea of a Tebow, Hillis, Larsen, McGahee backfield. The "more-than-token-black-guy" offense, if you will. But he is easily the most overrated player on this entire board and obviously eclipsed Ed Reed as the Eurydice of the board.

...........what?

I scoffed at paying him what he's asking for...

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Maybe. That has to come from personal hatred though.

You and montrose sound like you should have a national AM show. You had a bit on this one with a lot of "umms", but that is about the only thing you need to work on. SoCal and TJ are pretty good as well. It helps that I agree with most of the takes!

Yeah I've found I start most of my replies with that.

This show I prepared literally zero information for though...

Popps
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Finally got to listen to the podcast this week, and was rewarded with the return of Montrose. Unfortunately, no Kaylore. Both of those guys need to get priorities straightened out going forward.

A few thoughts...

-Taco continues to surprise me by saying things that are generally logical and sensible.

-On Tebow's completion percentage - The notion that it's OK for him to be in the high 40's isn't realistic. We've had a difficult time converting 3rd downs, and that gets down to being able to throw a ball accurately. It's one thing when you're playing the Raiders, who hand you 1st downs regularly and keep you in the game. But, if we were playing the Packers on Sunday... we would have been routed. When it's 3rd and 6... you have to be able to throw the ball accurately. 48% doesn't get it done in those situations, and you can't pick those up with your legs every time.

That's not a knock on Tebow. To the contrary, I think if he can get his % up in the middle of the pack (high 50's low 60's) ... he'll be very dangerous.

-Intangible effect - Tebow definitely has it. As I've said before, like Plummer or not... he brought that with him and we started winning. I wasn't an Orton-hater.. but I certainly recognize that he didn't fire the team up like Tebow seems to.

-Taco - "Knowing what we know now about Hillis..." - C'mon partner, many of us were onto this a long time ago. The notion of paying him a big salary is insanity. Even the Browns aren't that stupid.

-SoCal - "Let's make Bob cry in his Captain Crunch." Love it.

-One general note - From week to week it seems like the crew goes a little extreme to extreme. Could be a product of being fans, which I like. (I don't want to hear a podcast by people completely impartial.) But, it seems like... one week we're garbage and the front office is a joke... the next week we're praising off-season moves. One week Moreno is useful, the next useless. Eddie Royal is useless, then an all-star. Seems to me like there may be a bit broader view that could be taken on things. The need to use extremes is a modern phenomena generated by networks like ESPN who feel they need to go there to be relevant. You guys have a chance to take a more sensible view on things, which is an appealing counter-option to the MSM. (Think Tebow... he either sucks or he's awesome with most in the MSM, and neither is true yet.)

-Lots of good X's and O's talk. Love SoCal's insights into the offense. This is the kind of stuff that you'll never get from MSM, and is invaluable to hardcore fans.

-You touched on the KC game towards the end. I personally would have liked to hear a bit more on the upcoming game. (In general.) Breaking down the opponent a bit, etc. (You did some of that, and it was pretty good.)

-Taco - Agree that 90 minutes is a pretty good length. Gives enough time to cover the prior game... the big picture... and next week's games.

-Around the Boards - Good stuff.

-Not having a podcast next week: Unacceptable, even though I may not have time to listen... the option needs to be there. Skype works from the internet, Taco. Get it together. Don't give me the "work" excuse. From where do you think I'm typing this?

Overall - A fun listen. Thanks for putting these together.

Popps
11-09-2011, 01:29 PM

:rofl:

Not only that, but the bozo acts as if these were the first hints we've ever had at Hillis being a behind-the-scenes issue.

But, we can't let that stop the dream of an all-white backfield! :)

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Socal:

Didn't Shanny break out the Option with Cutler when they started losing RB's back in 2008?

Would it be that hard to sort out timing assuming Tebow has done it most of his playing career or is it more timing for the OL and practice time needed for them to get in-sync?

Does anyone know for sure that they haven't been working on an option here or there over the last couple weeks knowing that eventually everyone would be adjusting to the QB/HB option? It will surely be interesting to see what they do to build on the success of last week vs KFC.

I am only 15 minutes in but love it so far. Going to have to catch a few minutes here and there. Great job guys but I miss Kahn, us mancrush guys have to stick together! Ok that didn't sound right in light of the Sandusky stuff, just incase my words get bent out of context man crushes do not imply penetration or spit swapping, just admiration.

Steve Prefontaine
11-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Great job guys! Good listen for sure.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Where is SoCal? I need to rep him.

Taco John
11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
-Not having a podcast next week: Unacceptable, even though I may not have time to listen... the option needs to be there. Skype works from the internet, Taco. Get it together. Don't give me the "work" excuse. From where do you think I'm typing this?

I wouldn't want to miss it, but I'm at a conference all week, and that means working the floor, working after hours parties, vendor receptions etc. I won't even see the KC game until I get home on Thursday. This is the time of year to perform or get fired...

Taco John
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Of course I could have gone next Tuesday but we're not doing it and I might actually miss the 29th. The forces that be are conspiring to keep me off the show.

LOL!

I wouldn't dream of it. I loves me some Khan... ^5

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Where is SoCal? I need to rep him.

Amen! Glad Montrose posted in the thread this week so I could rep him.

Chris
11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Peyton Hillis has clearly lost it and thinks he's some sort of Peyton Hillis or something.

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't want to miss it, but I'm at a conference all week, and that means working the floor, working after hours parties, vendor receptions etc. I won't even see the KC game until I get home on Thursday. This is the time of year to perform or get fired...

If you expand the format a couple hours I could do an episode on Gene and the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo projects and how his philosophy and experiences are essential and can be adapted to right the Broncos franchise. I just don't think 90 minutes would be enough time.

Or I could get DEATHSicle to do a 90 minute freeform synth jam based on the Dave Smith Mopho mono synth. That way I could justify buying a Moogerfooger Ring Mod and Digitech Timebender pedals to the wife of DEATHSicle as they would be instrumental to the piece. She might go for that, or at least not roll her eyes when DEATHSicle buys them.

Kaylore
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
If you expand the format a couple hours I could do an episode on Gene and the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo projects and how his philosophy and experiences are essential and can be adapted to right the Broncos franchise. I just don't think 90 minutes would be enough time.

Or I could get DEATHSicle to do a 90 minute freeform synth jam based on the Dave Smith Mopho mono synth. That way I could justify buying a Moogerfooger Ring Mod and Digitech Timebender pedals to the wife of DEATHSicle as they would be instrumental to the piece. She might go for that, or at least not roll her eyes when DEATHSicle buys them.

Only if the music video has me in the background of Michelle Beisner at Dove Valley holding a new video card standing next to Aaron Francisco.

Popps
11-09-2011, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't want to miss it, but I'm at a conference all week, and that means strip clubs, happy hours, strip clubs, etc. I won't even see the KC game until I get home on Thursday. This is the time of year to perform or get fired...

FYP

:~ohyah!:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks!

Popps
11-09-2011, 03:48 PM
This is the time of year to perform or get fired...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wVQPY4LlbJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheReverend
11-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Only if the music video has me in the background of Michelle Beisner at Dove Valley holding a new video card standing next to Aaron Francisco.

...who's wearing a shirt that says "Redicules"

broncosteven
11-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Spit take LOL!

Taco John
11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wVQPY4LlbJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My boss loves to quote this movie! LOL!

Popps
11-09-2011, 04:56 PM
My boss loves to quote this movie! LOL!

Tell your boss I said coffee is for closers.

The Joker
11-10-2011, 08:02 AM
I was in pieces laughing at Montrose saying that he would hire The Rev to hunt down and kill those analysts' children.

The idea that Rev is available for hire to perform grotesque, unspeakable acts should become a running theme on the show, quite frankly.

Just another great show though, guys, nothing much more to add that hasn't been said already.

Really sad there won't be a show next week, especially after such a big game against Kansas on Sunday. Just have Montrose host it, he tries to take over hosting a couple of times a show anyway so just let him get it out of his system!

TheReverend
11-10-2011, 08:11 AM
I was in pieces laughing at Montrose saying that he would hire The Rev to hunt down and kill those analysts' children.

The idea that Rev is available for hire to perform grotesque, unspeakable acts should become a running theme on the show, quite frankly.

Just another great show though, guys, nothing much more to add that hasn't been said already.

Really sad there won't be a show next week, especially after such a big game against Kansas on Sunday. Just have Montrose host it, he tries to take over hosting a couple of times a show anyway so just let him get it out of his system!

I dont think people understand how lazy the rest of us are...

Taco puts together topics and figures out some basic show structure he wants to do and writes his questions (usually we write a bunch for him) and he puts together the intros and everything and has his recording equipment and then he has to edit the shows afterward because my mic goes out 2-3 times a show or something else etc.

Really the rest of us just show up for a couple hours. I wouldnt have the foggiest idea how to do it without him and certainly wouldnt want to.

broncobum6162
11-10-2011, 08:22 AM
So since there wont be a podcast next week this dude is gonna have some serious withdrawl issues...

The Joker
11-10-2011, 08:31 AM
I dont think people understand how lazy the rest of us are...

Taco puts together topics and figures out some basic show structure he wants to do and writes his questions (usually we write a bunch for him) and he puts together the intros and everything and has his recording equipment and then he has to edit the shows afterward because my mic goes out 2-3 times a show or something else etc.

Really the rest of us just show up for a couple hours. I wouldnt have the foggiest idea how to do it without him and certainly wouldnt want to.

Fair enough.

Appreciate all the hard work TJ, keep it up. :notworthy

gyldenlove
11-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Really good show guys, some really good points this week.

KevinJames
11-11-2011, 06:13 AM
hopefully hes perrish cox, without the raping :spit:

Taco John
11-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys. It really does take more work than you might imagine. From Sunday Night to Tuesday night I'm working on getting prepped for the show. Luckily, my wife is into Dancing With the Stars, so it's no big deal that I'm up in my office on Sunday Nights scratching out the outline and listening to press conferences and whatever I can get my hands on to prep for the show.

TotallyScrewed
11-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks guys. Y'all did another great job!

broncosteven
11-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Socal:

Didn't Shanny break out the Option with Cutler when they started losing RB's back in 2008?

Would it be that hard to sort out timing assuming Tebow has done it most of his playing career or is it more timing for the OL and practice time needed for them to get in-sync?

Does anyone know for sure that they haven't been working on an option here or there over the last couple weeks knowing that eventually everyone would be adjusting to the QB/HB option? It will surely be interesting to see what they do to build on the success of last week vs KFC.

I am only 15 minutes in but love it so far. Going to have to catch a few minutes here and there. Great job guys but I miss Kahn, us mancrush guys have to stick together! Ok that didn't sound right in light of the Sandusky stuff, just incase my words get bent out of context man crushes do not imply penetration or spit swapping, just admiration.

They broke out the option this week. Looking like Fox and McCoy may have had a long term plan to find ways to win with Tebow and build on it each week.

TheReverend
11-13-2011, 04:14 PM
These shows are getting downright prophetic

BroncoInferno
11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
These shows are getting downright prophetic

What did you think of the gameplan today? Board seems kinda split. I like the point Fox made (as quoted by one of the announcers)...with most young QBs, you have to take the lumps in the passing game. With Tebow, you can let him develop as a passer in practice and run an unusal rushing offense during the games. Not sure it will work against a great D team like the Jets, but can't complain right now. Just wish they'd mix in more high percentage passes like the Willis completion to get Tebow confident and in a groove.

Old Dude
11-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Great stuff!