PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad performances in the Raider game

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Our safeties were bad for most of the game, being out of position and having poor coverage. If it was due to injury that Carter was so passive on the Reece TD he shouldn't be out there, that was a situation where you have to go high when you see Champ go low and try to keep the player out of the end zone, instead he stops and waits for Reece to get into the end zone and then he gently bumps into him. Dawkins looked out of position as well in the passing game and in the 2nd quarter Bush had a long run off the left tackle where Dawkins lost all semblance of gap control.

Andre Goodman was mostly awful, on the Ford TD drive they targeted him successfully on a few passes although the TD pass itself was not on him since it is pretty impossible to defend a pass like that, his only change would have been to not contest the pass and then try to force Ford out of bounds, which is very risky. He also got extremely lucky late when he absolutely mugged Houshmanzadeh but no PI was called when we were up by 7 I think.

Clady was really getting manhandled in the 1st half in pass protection, it was Seymour playing over there a lot so it is not too unexpected but he definitely gave up too much ground on several plays before engaging, it looks like he doesn't trust his quickness to engage early. In the 2nd half he was much better, but that kind of performance is just not good enough for him. Franklin got beat in pass protection in the 1st half as well but managed to stabilize, I am not sure if it was due to a change in the Raider defense that they blitzed and stunted less.

The interior offensive line had their best game of the last year and a half, Beadles, Walton and Kuper all had solid blocks in both pass and run game and only really got overmatched on heavy blitzed in the middle when there were more defenders than blockers. Walton had a beautiful block on Kelly on the 60 yard TD, he got under Kelly and sealed off the gap to open up a huge lane for Mcgahee, absolutely textbook and nice to see him single blocking a nose-tackle.

Royal has been MIA for a while now and then he suddenly pops back on the radar with a 2 TD effort, showing very nice awareness on the TD reception sitting in that gap and using his quickness to get in the end zone and showing just unreal speed on the punt return.

Tebow looked erratic in the 1st half throwing off balance and struggling with accuracy because of it, his reads looked better and he identified the open man faster than he did in the first 2 games. In the 2nd half he really took control and seemed to hit his stride with some good passes and reads and using his run skill very well. The only time I thought he looked like a rookie was when he ran out of the spread gun up the middle on 2 and 2 and lost 2 and 3 and 4 and gained 2, in both cases he had room on the edges and he had shown he was faster than the linebackers and defensive ends.

Bailey finally got some passes to work with and he did work, both interceptions were examples of him beating the WR. On the first he gets position, tracks the ball and shows strong hands to bring it in. On the 2nd he looks back, sees the ball and adjusts to the underthrown ball (because of a Von Miller hit), turns and snags it while the WR just keeps going into the end zone. That is a play very few WRs can make.

Chris Harris, he looked good on defense in the nickel but had a stupid mistake downing a punt after having been out of bounds. Fortunately Colquitt nailed the repunt so it didn't matter much.

Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil, both put pressure on Palmer and smacked him about. I was surprised to see how often Miller was able to bullrush against the RT, for someone who is not that big, he definitely has some power and leverage. On the Reece TD pass Miller was through but got held a little bit, which was the only reason he didn't get the sack or at least a good hit which could have forced and incompletion. Dumervil had a deflection on a screen pass jumping up and tipping the ball to force the incompletion in what could have been a dangerous situation.

I think enough has been said about Mcgahee already, he was obviously outstanding in the 2nd half doing nasty and unspeakable things to the Raiders D.

2KBack
11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
That's a very good rundown. Denver improved in just about every area that they need to...outside of the safeties I'd say. The d-line is very active, and in my opinion has been a bit of a surprise this season. I know we all expected to get gashed up the middle a lot this year, but that hasn't been the case for the most part.

I was very pleased to see Tebow settle down bit. Not the best passing performance overall, but he showed the flashes and improvement that we REALLY needed to see.

We need another horse to run the ball next season. Willis looks great, but we will need young legs soon (I really like Cameron Marshall ASU)

CB, LB, RB those are my personal top 3 needs....I wouldn't argue with more talent on both lines though

19Morton77
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Goodman is goodman and saw only a few good plays for him. Clady is really pissing me off. He is a Raider in Broncos clothes right now. OL and game plan was much better. We went with Tebow's strengths and if that meant going back to college for a few, then by all means it is working and should be used. ST did a great job also. Big negative for me was taking 3 points off of the board with only 17 seconds left in the 1st half. With that wind blowing (and we saw Prater miss one that didnt count), you had the gimme and no time left for the Raiders. 2 sacks is not bad after what we saw the last 2 games.

Jetmeck
11-07-2011, 11:37 AM
One thing on tip toe Fader td our safety was not close enough to knock him out of bounds and the long run by Bush....Dawkins went outside on a blitz. Yes it was his gap but he blitzed which put him out of position. It happens...

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Great post. My main gripe is that Carter had a fantastic game, bud. I'd put him as one of our defensive MVPs for the game, easy.

TDmvp
11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Repped for quality. Good read gyldenlove.

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Great post. My main gripe is that Carter had a fantastic game, bud. I'd put him as one of our defensive MVPs for the game, easy.

do you see him as a future #2 or a nickel/depth type CB?

Lycan
11-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Chris Harris.

The Good: He got a pick

The Bad: http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/878031/falldownbronco_medium.gif

LOL

DenverBrit
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM

Safety.

Smiling Assassin27
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Punter essentially has one job--catch it, drop it on your foot, and get it the heck outta there. Colquitt's drop with no pressure at all was inexplicable. Prater's had some misses of note lately--keep an eye on that.

Royal and overall ST coverage on kicks was solid all around, not like last year where you'd basically hold your breath on kick coverage. Cosby was serviceable as returner, though Jano was still booting it out of the joint with a bum hamstring.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM

Carter? He's a safety bud :)

And maybe the best open field tackler on the team.

Are you thinking of Harris?

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Carter? He's a safety bud :)

And maybe the best open field tackler on the team.

Are you thinking of Harris?

yes....as I apply the dunce cap.....

What's your take on Moore?

DenverBroncosJM
11-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I dont know my ass from a hole in the ground...with that being said I think Carter and Harris are going to be very good starters maybe next year. For Harris a UDFA he has played really really well. He was in on a lot of tackles at the line when Bush ran. I like the kid.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 11:54 AM
yes....as I apply the dunce cap.....

What's your take on Moore?

He's a kid asked to do too much. I don't like what I see, but I blame that.

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 11:55 AM
He's a kid asked to do too much. I don't like what I see, but I blame that.

that makes sense. I'm hoping he can be a good combo with Carter.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 11:57 AM
that makes sense. I'm hoping he can be a good combo with Carter.

I think we all are.

Better coverage underneath will go a long ways for those two.

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I think we all are.

Better coverage underneath will go a long ways for those two.

so do you think harris's growth, a new #2 CB, and a real MLB would do the trick?

bronclvr
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Clady is really pissing me off.

Isn't it possible that Seymour was just a better player yesterday?

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 12:25 PM
so do you think harris's growth, a new #2 CB, and a real MLB would do the trick?

To become decent, sure.

We'd still need ends and discipline

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 12:26 PM

Absolutely.

...but nothing excuses holding on the backside of a 3rd and 2 play though. He could've told Seymour what the play was and moved out of the way after the snap and we still would've picked up the first.

Smart situational football won NE several championships and it's cost Denver many a game.

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 12:28 PM
To become decent, sure.

We'd still need ends and discipline

how many ends do you think the team needs? I like Ayer's and Doom is a rush end....

bowtown
11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Punter essentially has one job--catch it, drop it on your foot, and get it the heck outta there. Colquitt's drop with no pressure at all was inexplicable. Prater's had some misses of note lately--keep an eye on that.

Royal and overall ST coverage on kicks was solid all around, not like last year where you'd basically hold your breath on kick coverage. Cosby was serviceable as returner, though Jano was still booting it out of the joint with a bum hamstring.

Colquitt has been the most consistent player on the team this year. I'm going to give him a pass on that one. Besides half the blame goes to my boy, Big Money Pax. Sometimes he has to throw a bad snap in there just so you fools can appreciate all the good ones.

Popps
11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
how many ends do you think the team needs? I like Ayer's and Doom is a rush end....

Ray, Req and I were kicking this around on another thread. I absolutely think we need to go out and acquire an every-down DE who can play more stout against the run. Of course, then you're paying Doom a massive contract to play one or two downs per series... but at some point you have to do what works. If nothing else, we just have zero depth at the position, as well.

I'm not sure I'd want to see us use our #1 on the pick, but a 2nd rounder... or a budget-minded free agent pick-up would be nice. Maybe some older guy we can rent for a couple of years. But, Doom can't stay healthy and can't play the run very well. Having him out there the whole game just doesn't make good sense, imo.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2011, 12:33 PM

I just wanna know what caused you to put that apostrophe in there

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't know how much leverage Von is using. It seems to me to be instincts and speed. He hits the gaps like a RB.

Smiling Assassin27
11-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Colquitt has been the most consistent player on the team this year. I'm going to give him a pass on that one. Besides half the blame goes to my boy, Big Money Pax. Sometimes he has to throw a bad snap in there just so you fools can appreciate all the good ones.

:~ohyah!:

Requiem
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Von Miller and Dumervil had some quality rushes yesterday. Williams seemed to do pretty well and big props to Champ on #50.

Iron Man Award: Brian Dawkins. Half the board thought he died seven seconds after the play. He was back 30 seconds later.

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Harris: Never evaluate a rookie CB with only a few games of tape, right now he could end up being a Quintin Jammer type shutdown corner or he could be the next Karl Paymah. He has shown some good coverage and he seems to have an eye for the ball, but it is way too early to really evaluate him. I am hopeful he can become a solid nickel corner or maybe even a number 2 though.

Clady: He got pretty manhandled in the 1st, he was better in the 2nd, but as Rev says, you can not, never ever, hold on the backside of a rush play, there is no DE in the league fast enough to turn the corner even if completely unblocked to make the tackle anyway, you just have to stand there. He did go against a very good player in Seymour, but he has to step up his play.

Colquitt: He missed the snap and the snap seemed perfectly fine if a bit low, he had a punt blocked in the first game also by Oakland, but other than that he has been very good, he has very good length on his punts, he has great hangtime and he doesn't put a lot of punts in the end zone - I see no reason to replace him, I know we would like perfection but even Lechler has miscues.

Carter: His effort on the Bush TD was pathetic, he let him get in the end zone before making a token chest bump, on the Reece TD he stopped again and then stuck out his hand to tickle Reece as he ran into the end zone. He had some good tackles, but he showed no cover skills - I like Moore's potential a lot more, Carter seems like a Nick Ferguson type to me at best.

I forgot to mention Decker, he had some good catches and got open, but his lack of top end speed was evident on the shot in the end zone at the end of the 2nd quarter when he was blanketed by Huff. All in all he looks like a very good number 2 WR. Thomas had one good catch, he ran a good route, sold the cut well and went hard and made a good sideline catch, picking up some extra yards after the catch but then stepping out without getting contact, he could have sold himself more on that picking up a few more.

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't know how much leverage Von is using. It seems to me to be instincts and speed. He hits the gaps like a RB.

He had a few good power rushes, I forget if it was the first or second TD he went straight at the RT, moved him back and cut inside, he nearly got the sack. There is no denying he is amazingly fast, on the sack that Wilhite negated with a holding penalty he came flying faster than I have ever seen a blitzer.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 01:05 PM

2 lol

fontaine
11-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Good: Most of the stuff has been covered, but I was most impressed with Chris Harris.

I saw why he won the job over Vilhite because he showed me something I haven't seen in a while. A very fast CB who's also physical in tackling.

There were plays where he flowed to the ball carrier (Bush) and put his shoulders right in to make the tackle. I can see why Allen chose him over Vilhite as the nickel back.

I haven't reviewed the game yet but from what I saw he really looks to be a decent nickel back option right now.

Also there were a couple of plays where we lined up with man/press coverage at the line and it seemed to confuse Palmer. He either had to call time out or start changing the play at the line and then a couple of DBs dropped back. Not sure if it was a new look but it made the offense think twice. Good call.

Bad: Thomas looks very limited on his route running. There was one pass in the 1st half where he turned inside when the play was meant to go outside to the sidelines. Tebow chewed him out and he deserved it.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Carter: His effort on the Bush TD was pathetic, he let him get in the end zone before making a token chest bump, on the Reece TD he stopped again and then stuck out his hand to tickle Reece as he ran into the end zone. He had some good tackles, but he showed no cover skills - I like Moore's potential a lot more, Carter seems like a Nick Ferguson type to me at best.

I have no idea how you've come to these conclusions.

The Reece TD was a perfect pass down the seam of a cover 2. It's the primary area you don't expect a safety to reach and why a Tampa 2 drops the MLB so deep to help defend that hole in the zones. (FYI - DJ beat)

And the Bush play?!?!?! Woodyard gives up the catch and Bailey misses the tackle and you blame Carter? What in the hell...

Here's my photographic WTF:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Carter.png

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Good: Most of the stuff has been covered, but I was most impressed with Chris Harris.

I saw why he won the job over Vilhite because he showed me something I haven't seen in a while. A very fast CB who's also physical in tackling.

There were plays where he flowed to the ball carrier (Bush) and put his shoulders right in to make the tackle. I can see why Allen chose him over Vilhite as the nickel back.

I haven't reviewed the game yet but from what I saw he really looks to be a decent nickel back option right now.

Also there were a couple of plays where we lined up with man/press coverage at the line and it seemed to confuse Palmer. He either had to call time out or start changing the play at the line and then a couple of DBs dropped back. Not sure if it was a new look but it made the offense think twice. Good call.

Bad: Thomas looks very limited on his route running. There was one pass in the 1st half where he turned inside when the play was meant to go outside to the sidelines. Tebow chewed him out and he deserved it.

To be fair though, Wilhite may be the worst CB in the league, he couldn't cover a small bruise with a mile of bandage. Harris was impressive, I am just trying to not get too carried away, we all saw how it went with Vaughn and Kyle Mccarthy.

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Of course, the best play of the day was Marcus Thomas' Ninja Encroachment Dance. :rofl:

edog24
11-07-2011, 01:17 PM

DT has some type of issue, I'm not sure what it is. He looks like he is sleepwalking out there.

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Watch him chop his steps and then high five reece on his way in.

Should have been a kill shot.

Great game...lmao

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Watch him chop his steps and then high five reece on his way in.

Should have been a kill shot.

Great game...lmao

Oh please... Who's he killing, Reece or Dawkins?

ScottXray
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Our safeties were bad for most of the game, being out of position and having poor coverage. If it was due to injury that Carter was so passive on the Reece TD he shouldn't be out there, that was a situation where you have to go high when you see Champ go low and try to keep the player out of the end zone, instead he stops and waits for Reece to get into the end zone and then he gently bumps into him. Dawkins looked out of position as well in the passing game and in the 2nd quarter Bush had a long run off the left tackle where Dawkins lost all semblance of gap control.

Andre Goodman was mostly awful, on the Ford TD drive they targeted him successfully on a few passes although the TD pass itself was not on him since it is pretty impossible to defend a pass like that, his only change would have been to not contest the pass and then try to force Ford out of bounds, which is very risky. He also got extremely lucky late when he absolutely mugged Houshmanzadeh but no PI was called when we were up by 7 I think.

Clady was really getting manhandled in the 1st half in pass protection, it was Seymour playing over there a lot so it is not too unexpected but he definitely gave up too much ground on several plays before engaging, it looks like he doesn't trust his quickness to engage early. In the 2nd half he was much better, but that kind of performance is just not good enough for him. Franklin got beat in pass protection in the 1st half as well but managed to stabilize, I am not sure if it was due to a change in the Raider defense that they blitzed and stunted less.

The interior offensive line had their best game of the last year and a half, Beadles, Walton and Kuper all had solid blocks in both pass and run game and only really got overmatched on heavy blitzed in the middle when there were more defenders than blockers. Walton had a beautiful block on Kelly on the 60 yard TD, he got under Kelly and sealed off the gap to open up a huge lane for Mcgahee, absolutely textbook and nice to see him single blocking a nose-tackle.

Royal has been MIA for a while now and then he suddenly pops back on the radar with a 2 TD effort, showing very nice awareness on the TD reception sitting in that gap and using his quickness to get in the end zone and showing just unreal speed on the punt return.

Tebow looked erratic in the 1st half throwing off balance and struggling with accuracy because of it, his reads looked better and he identified the open man faster than he did in the first 2 games. In the 2nd half he really took control and seemed to hit his stride with some good passes and reads and using his run skill very well. The only time I thought he looked like a rookie was when he ran out of the spread gun up the middle on 2 and 2 and lost 2 and 3 and 4 and gained 2, in both cases he had room on the edges and he had shown he was faster than the linebackers and defensive ends.

Bailey finally got some passes to work with and he did work, both interceptions were examples of him beating the WR. On the first he gets position, tracks the ball and shows strong hands to bring it in. On the 2nd he looks back, sees the ball and adjusts to the underthrown ball (because of a Von Miller hit), turns and snags it while the WR just keeps going into the end zone. That is a play very few WRs can make.

Chris Harris, he looked good on defense in the nickel but had a stupid mistake downing a punt after having been out of bounds. Fortunately Colquitt nailed the repunt so it didn't matter much.

Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil, both put pressure on Palmer and smacked him about. I was surprised to see how often Miller was able to bullrush against the RT, for someone who is not that big, he definitely has some power and leverage. On the Reece TD pass Miller was through but got held a little bit, which was the only reason he didn't get the sack or at least a good hit which could have forced and incompletion. Dumervil had a deflection on a screen pass jumping up and tipping the ball to force the incompletion in what could have been a dangerous situation.

I think enough has been said about Mcgahee already, he was obviously outstanding in the 2nd half doing nasty and unspeakable things to the Raiders D.

After the hit Dawkins took on his knee/leg earlier I'm going to give him a PASS on any plays where he was late or out of position out there. The man is a warrior and is probably very sore today... I wouldn't be surprised to see hium sit out practice for a few days and maybe even miss a week or so.

DenverBrit
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Of course, the best play of the day was Marcus Thomas' Ninja Encroachment Dance. :rofl:

If MT is going to 'dance', he needs to work on his Haka. ;D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TkVqZOFHnlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lycan
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Agreed.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/MarcusThomasDance.gif.gif

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I have no idea how you've come to these conclusions.

The Reece TD was a perfect pass down the seam of a cover 2. It's the primary area you don't expect a safety to reach and why a Tampa 2 drops the MLB so deep to help defend that hole in the zones. (FYI - DJ beat)

And the Bush play?!?!?! Woodyard gives up the catch and Bailey misses the tackle and you blame Carter? What in the hell...

Here's my photographic WTF:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Carter.png

What doesn't show up in that photo is that Bush just turned in that frame and was almost standing still, Bailey went low on the tackle and whiffed completely at the 3 yard line, if you look at the video you will see Carter come over and slow down instead of laying into Bush before he gets into the end zone, if he had kept going he could have forced Bush out before the end zone, but instead he slows to a complete stop and just gives a lame bump while Bush flies over the goal line.

I am not putting that TD on Carter, it wasn't his guy, but his effort was pathetic.

This is Carter and Bailey both closing on Bush, Bailey has come up from the back of the end zone where he is covering number 18 and Carter has moved in from the middle of the end zone.

A bit later, Bailey is going low and whiffed around the 3 yard line. Notice how Carter hasn't moved much, this is because he is stopping instead of going for the tackle.

Bailey whiffed and is on the ground, Carter is standing on the goal line giving Bush a little shoulder nudge as Bush flies into the end zone. That is a pathetic effort, Dawkins or Moore would have tried to take Bush's head off, Carter just gives up and surrenders the TD.

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
After the hit Dawkins took on his knee/leg earlier I'm going to give him a PASS on any plays where he was late or out of position out there. The man is a warrior and is probably very sore today... I wouldn't be surprised to see hium sit out practice for a few days and maybe even miss a week or so.

Agreed it was impressive he was on the field, but when you are on the field you are expected to perform.

ludo21
11-07-2011, 01:32 PM

indeed, he was quite pleased with himself :rofl:

BroncoMan4ever
11-07-2011, 01:33 PM
CB, LB, RB those are my personal top 3 needs....I wouldn't argue with more talent on both lines though

i think this staff had really high hopes for Fannin and i hope he returns from injury. if not an additional power back like McGahee would be great to have. but i don't place it as a top priority yet.

DL still remains my biggest gripe with this team. We are starting backup quality players and until that is fixed the rest of the defense is not going to look good.

Secondary. wow this group needs attention and fast. Harris looks decent and could develop over time but probably as a Nickle corner and not a starter. SydQuan if injury hadn't hit would probably be starting opposite of Champ right now. but beyond Champ our corners right now are a mess. we need some talent infused there badly. and i don't know what to think of our Safeties. Dawkins is getting too old to be counted on much longer. Moore is not living up to his draft position, Carter looks ok but still raw and i still think the best young Safety we had is sitting on the practice squad.(McCarthy)

LB: outside of Miller and Woodyard the LB corps has been spotty. Mays is a missile and makes great replay worthy hits when he is aimed at the right spot. DJ is nothing special and hasn't been in awhile(give props to the Miami FF though) tis team needs a MLB badly. it needs a new captain and leader of the defense. I would love it if Tebow improves and we can address other needs on the team in the draft so we can get Vontaze Burfict. the thought of lining him and Miller up together for the next decade is almost boner inspiring. and i truly believe Denver needs to make Woodyard a good offer to make him our long term option at WLB position and see what we can get for DJ. WW is our best coverage LB, he matches up well and takes TE on very well and is a good tackler, strong leader and has played the best all around of any of our LB

after that i say RB, OL depth, WR

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 01:34 PM
What doesn't show up in that photo is that Bush just turned in that frame and was almost standing still, Bailey went low on the tackle and whiffed completely at the 3 yard line, if you look at the video you will see Carter come over and slow down instead of laying into Bush before he gets into the end zone, if he had kept going he could have forced Bush out before the end zone, but instead he slows to a complete stop and just gives a lame bump while Bush flies over the goal line.

I am not putting that TD on Carter, it wasn't his guy, but his effort was pathetic.

This is Carter and Bailey both closing on Bush, Bailey has come up from the back of the end zone where he is covering number 18 and Carter has moved in from the middle of the end zone.

A bit later, Bailey is going low and whiffed around the 3 yard line. Notice how Carter hasn't moved much, this is because he is stopping instead of going for the tackle.

Bailey whiffed and is on the ground, Carter is standing on the goal line giving Bush a little shoulder nudge as Bush flies into the end zone. That is a pathetic effort, Dawkins or Moore would have tried to take Bush's head off, Carter just gives up and surrenders the TD.

No, those pictures are Bailey whiffing on an open field tackle (albeit he DID properly attack the outside shoulder).

Champ has the luxury of playing that corner and was already in position to breakdown and make the play on the ball carrier... and miss.

Carter, on the other hand, had to come over from center field and by the time he could get in front of Bush to square up and potentially make a play, he's in the end zone.

YOUR photos even SHOW Bush leaving his feet to dive to the EZ before Carter's even in the area!

BroncoMan4ever
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Agreed.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/MarcusThomasDance.gif.gif

you gotta wonder if that was planned or if one of his friends on the team dared him to do that. either way it was hilarious. i rewatched that like 4 times after it happened.

ColoradoDarin
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Chris Harris.

The Good: He got a pick

The Bad: http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/878031/falldownbronco_medium.gif

LOL

it's like Al Davis was buried under the 50 and reached up to grab him

Lycan
11-07-2011, 01:39 PM
you gotta wonder if that was planned or if one of his friends on the team dared him to do that. either way it was hilarious. i rewatched that like 4 times after it happened.

IMO he wanted to beta test his new sack dance on a less important occasion to see how it looked. My critique would be that it's a little long and lacks backflips.

ghwk
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Burfict has a serious screw loose. He may be better than Mays but still misses a lot and gets really really stupid penalties.

If you take him you take the good with the bad.

BroncoMan4ever
11-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Burfict has a serious screw loose. He may be better than Mays but still misses a lot and gets really really stupid penalties.

If you take him you take the good with the bad.

i agree. but his talent and demeanor on the field reminds me of a young Ray Lewis.

i think with coaching and experience though the bad habits can be exorcised and he can be taught to better use his talents to not miss as much. with May it isn't a coaching problem with his missing a lot, it is a lack of speed and to a degree talent. Burfict doesn't have that problem.

also the idea of a nasty, slightly crazy LB is awesome to me. this team needs a new Romanowski style of player on the defensive side of the ball.

fontaine
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
To be fair though, Wilhite may be the worst CB in the league, he couldn't cover a small bruise with a mile of bandage. Harris was impressive, I am just trying to not get too carried away, we all saw how it went with Vaughn and Kyle Mccarthy.

I have no idea how it's going to turn out with Harris but I knew next to nothing about this guy and he just showed up on the game as making tackle after tackle in the run game and I say that with some weight because Bush is 240+ like a freight train. I starting googling some of his scouting reports and sure enough he was known as an excellent tackler in college and we already know he was 4.4 speed.

I don't know what his ceiling is but I look forward to seeing how he progresses the rest of the season because he's got he nickel role locked down right now.

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I just wanna know what caused you to put that apostrophe in there

stupidity....I think I've already established that in this thread...

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 01:58 PM
No, those pictures are Bailey whiffing on an open field tackle (albeit he DID properly attack the outside shoulder).

Champ has the luxury of playing that corner and was already in position to breakdown and make the play on the ball carrier... and miss.

Carter, on the other hand, had to come over from center field and by the time he could get in front of Bush to square up and potentially make a play, he's in the end zone.

YOUR photos even SHOW Bush leaving his feet to dive to the EZ before Carter's even in the area!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d823d5b57/Bush-11-yard-TD-reception

It is clear that Carter slows down significantly instead of laying the big hit on Bush - I am not sure if he just wants a better view of Bailey trying to make the tackle of is he is being a sissy, but it is clear from the video, especially the slow motion from behind the end zone that he stops instead of going for the tackle.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d823d5b57/Bush-11-yard-TD-reception

It is clear that Carter slows down significantly instead of laying the big hit on Bush - I am not sure if he just wants a better view of Bailey trying to make the tackle of is he is being a sissy, but it is clear from the video, especially the slow motion from behind the end zone that he stops instead of going for the tackle.

So just so I can get this straight:

Carter had a bad game because on the Bush TD he wasn't able to get over in time to make the tackle that our linebacker AND our first ballot Hall of Fame corner back (who was IN position) didn't make.

...That's the logic?

PS. He's SUPPOSED to stop. Bush breaks down into the turn and Carter there takes away the cut back. If he goes for the "big hit" as you asked, right now you'd be killing him for over-pursuing instead. ::)

GoHAM
11-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Absolutely.

...but nothing excuses holding on the backside of a 3rd and 2 play though. He could've told Seymour what the play was and moved out of the way after the snap and we still would've picked up the first.

Smart situational football won NE several championships and it's cost Denver many a game.

Clady: He got pretty manhandled in the 1st, he was better in the 2nd, but as Rev says, you can not, never ever, hold on the backside of a rush play, there is no DE in the league fast enough to turn the corner even if completely unblocked to make the tackle anyway, you just have to stand there. He did go against a very good player in Seymour, but he has to step up his play.

Actually Denver was using an unbalanced line on that play. Clady was lined up to the right of Orlando Franklin. Tebow ran right off Clady's block. I was so mad at the call on Clady I went back and watched the play several times before I realized where Clady was lined up. Doesn't excuse Clady holding (he did) but it wasn't on the backside.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Actually Denver was using an unbalanced line on that play. Clady was lined up to the right of Orlando Franklin. Tebow ran right off Clady's block. I was so mad at the call on Clady I went back and watched the play several times before I realized where Clady was lined up. Doesn't excuse Clady holding (he did) but it wasn't on the backside.

Holy crap, seriously?

Post pics if you can please?

GoHAM
11-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Holy crap, seriously?

I didn't record the game so I don't have any pics. Somone else maybe? Right around 13:00 min left in the 2nd qtr.

Kaylore
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Holy crap, seriously?

It's true. I know because I watched the line all game. Clady drew a penalty.

baja
11-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I didn't record the game so I don't have any pics. Somone else maybe? Right around 13:00 min left in the 2nd qtr.

How did you watch it over and over?

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 03:58 PM
So just so I can get this straight:

Carter had a bad game because on the Bush TD he wasn't able to get over in time to make the tackle that our linebacker AND our first ballot Hall of Fame corner back (who was IN position) didn't make.

...That's the logic?

PS. He's SUPPOSED to stop. Bush breaks down into the turn and Carter there takes away the cut back. If he goes for the "big hit" as you asked, right now you'd be killing him for over-pursuing instead. ::)

He had a bad game because he didn't make the tackle on the Bush TD (didn't even try), and since that part of the field is his to cover as a safety that is on him, he failed to try to make a tackle on the Reece TD, on the fumble play Carter is 10 yards behind where he should be (nowhere near the pass or any player) then Jacoby Ford runs in a circle around him causing him to fall like a child. On every major passing play in the game, he was never near the reciever. If he whiffs on a tackle outside the end zone at least he tried, what good is it trying to tackle a guy in the end zone.

I have never in all my days heard a defensive coach tell his guys to stop in the end zone and wait for the offensive player to come to them, NEVER. If he had been 5 yards outside the end zone then yes, it is the correct play to wait but since he is in the end zone the only correct play and any safety should know this is to attack out of beyond the goal line.

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM

I thought it was 75 Clark who lined up next to Franklin, they use him as an eligible TE on heavy sets.

fontaine
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM

Rep, watching line play is awesome.

Pony Boy
11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
It's amazing how good a thread can be when the women stay in the kitchen.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I thought it was 75 Clark who lined up next to Franklin, they use him as an eligible TE on heavy sets.

This. If Clady WAS on the SS then obviously it excuses the absurdity of the penalty (somewhat). They replayed it though and I SWEAR he was no where to be seen...?

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
He had a bad game because he didn't make the tackle on the Bush TD (didn't even try), and since that part of the field is his to cover as a safety that is on him, he failed to try to make a tackle on the Reece TD, on the fumble play Carter is 10 yards behind where he should be (nowhere near the pass or any player) then Jacoby Ford runs in a circle around him causing him to fall like a child. On every major passing play in the game, he was never near the reciever. If he whiffs on a tackle outside the end zone at least he tried, what good is it trying to tackle a guy in the end zone.

I have never in all my days heard a defensive coach tell his guys to stop in the end zone and wait for the offensive player to come to them, NEVER. If he had been 5 yards outside the end zone then yes, it is the correct play to wait but since he is in the end zone the only correct play and any safety should know this is to attack out of beyond the goal line.

Sorry this is still just silly.

"He had a bad game because Champ missed a tackle and DJ couldn't hang with Reece down the seam."

If that's the BEST complaint you can come up with for our backup rookie safety, his future looks bright. Fact of the matter is HE stopped several plays going for 7 yesterday when some other people with WAY higher expectations were getting their asses kicked all over the field.

Broncoman13
11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
This. If Clady WAS on the SS then obviously it excuses the absurdity of the penalty (somewhat). They replayed it though and I SWEAR he was no where to be seen...?

I just watched the play. Beadles and Fells on the Left in an unbalanced line. Beadles pulls and does a good job getting out front. Clady lined up as RT outside of Franklin. Play was right at Clady... Hadn't caught that as the announcers said it was Clady from the left. Franklin could have been called for his bearhug blocking as well.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I just watched the play. Beadles and Fells on the Left in an unbalanced line. Beadles pulls and does a good job getting out front. Clady lined up as RT outside of Franklin. Play was right at Clady... Hadn't caught that as the announcers said it was Clady from the left. Franklin could have been called for his bearhug blocking as well.

Well I'll be damned.

Sorry Clady. I'm also sorry for calling you an enormous Whoopie Goldberg with a [bigger] penis. :kiss:

Reps to all involved with correcting me.

Broncoman13
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Just noticed Clady lining up at RT again, third play of opening 2nd half drive.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
i agree with the op. Good A. What was bad was the refs. Champ should of had a run back. That holding call on Clady was pure BS. And there were bad ones on the Raiders too.

The worst was the lack of calls on the hits to Tim Tebow per the rules. It was crap.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Just noticed Clady lining up at RT again, third play of opening 2nd half drive.

He got a holding call over there that took away a 1st, and it a bull**** call.

misturanderson
11-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Well I'll be damned.

Sorry Clady. I'm also sorry for calling you an enormous Whoopie Goldberg with a [bigger] penis. :kiss:

Reps to all involved with correcting me.

Here's a pic:
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8865/clady.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/clady.png/)

The holding was questionable at best on that play too.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Here's a pic:
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8865/clady.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/clady.png/)

The holding was questionable at best on that play too.

Also repped. Appreciate the visual proof. I need to get my act together :)

misturanderson
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Exactly. His original angle was to hit Bush at the sideline/pylon (where Bush was originally heading). He had to stop because Bush jumped AT him. He would have run past where Bush ended up if he hadn't slowed down.

Not that there was any hope for him changing the outcome of the play either way.

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh please... Who's he killing, Reece or Dawkins?

Effing ridculous that you and everyone else is analyzing the Bush play, and not when he

chops his fin steps as the ball is arriving

CHOPS HIS STEPS!!!!

Then doesnt even try to hit Reece.

He slows down like a scared lil btch and lets Dawkins try to tackle him from behind, when he was

BALLSIDE, HOLY FIN **** , YOUR BALLSIDE, and you defer to backside help and slow down to avoid making a HIT!!!

Is that what a eff in safeties job is.

Any Bronco fan defending that bs is crazy, Rev.

Admit your wrong so I can respect your usually good takes again.

Atwater would have

Seperated man from ball, thats what safeties do!!!

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Effing ridculous that you and everyone else is analyzing the Bush play, and not when he

chops his fin steps as the ball is arriving

CHOPS HIS STEPS!!!!

Then doesnt even try to hit Reece.

He slows down like a scared lil btch and lets Dawkins try to tackle him from behind, when he was

BALLSIDE, HOLY FIN **** , YOUR BALLSIDE, and you defer to backside help and slow down to avoid making a HIT!!!

Is that what a eff in safeties job is.

Any Bronco fan defending that bs is crazy, Rev.

Admit your wrong so I can respect your usually good takes again.

Atwater would have

Seperated man from ball, thats what safeties do!!!

1. DJ had good coverage and Carter had to run from his deep side.
2. He was on Dawk's side.
3. If he did pull up, he would have blasted Dawkins

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823d6366/Reece-40-yard-TD-reception

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Carter coming off the concussion should have not slowed down, and exploded reeces knees into a million pieces if he doesn't wanna go high.

What a joke.

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 08:45 PM
1. DJ had good coverage and Carter had to run from his deep side.
2. He was on Dawk's side.
3. If he did pull up, he would have blasted Dawkins

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823d6366/Reece-40-yard-TD-reception

1. Carter is ball side obviously in cover 2
2. Carter was one side, dawk the other
3. He did pull up, and slowed down, and deferred, without laying a hand on him.

Is that what safeties do? Slow down.

” here comes the ball, hes gonna catch it, better slow down so I don't crash into ANYBODY, I MIGHT HIT A TEAMMATE!!!!!”

You fin gotta be kidding me.

Atwater sb 32!!!!!

If he DOESN'T SLOW DOWN LIKE A BTCH, he kills reece before dawk arrives.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
1. Carter is ball side obviously in cover 2
2. Carter was one side, dawk the other
3. He did pull up, and slowed down, and deferred, without laying a hand on him.

Is that what safeties do? Slow down.

” here comes the ball, hes gonna catch it, better slow down so I don't crash into ANYBODY, I MIGHT HIT A TEAMMATE!!!!!”

You fin gotta be kidding me.

Atwatet Sb 32!!!!!

If he DOESN'T SLOW DOWN LIKE A BTCH, he kills reece before dawk arrives.

lol @ claiming a pass down the cover 2 seam perfectly placed in between both hash marks even has a "play side" unless you don't understand the #2 in cover 2...

GTFO

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 09:08 PM
lol @ claiming a pass down the cover 2 seam perfectly placed in between both hash marks even has a "play side" unless you don't understand the #2 in cover 2...

GTFO

Where did I say play side rev, where. ???

I said ball side, he had the guy lined up.

Nice try of changing the subject by lieing about what I said because your wrong.

Just admit you are wrong.

He should have hit him, not chopped his steps to avoid a hit, since when does anyine defend that, only when they are called out and slaughtered like I am k8llin you here.

Resorting to lieing about what I said???

That aint like a marine, neither is making excuses for a safety chopping his steps to aboid making a hit in cover 2 vs a seam route.

Carter has him lined up, and slows down.

ITS ALOT EASIER TO STOP A BALL CARRIER FROM THE FRONT THAN FROM BEHIND!!!!

What was the fin result of the play!!!!

7 pts raiders

But thats okay, had he killed reece, or even attempted to, someone may have goten hurt, oh no, dont do that safety.

OWNED REV.

YOURE WEAK.
MAKING UP LIES TO DEFEND UOUR DEF MVP THAT IS AFRAID TO LAY WOOD!!!

Keep it going. This is a beatdown.

baja
11-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't think rev ever served he doesn't have the maturity.

Cito Pelon
11-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Exactly. His original angle was to hit Bush at the sideline/pylon (where Bush was originally heading). He had to stop because Bush jumped AT him. He would have run past where Bush ended up if he hadn't slowed down.

Not that there was any hope for him changing the outcome of the play either way.

Eh, it was a half-hearted effort by Carter. He didn't even come out of the end zone to support Bailey on the tackle and he was only a couple of steps away. Then he could have launched into Bush at the goal line, but didn't. Wasn't much of an effort by Carter.

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
What was the mther fkin result you clowns. 6 pts raiders.

He CHOPPED HIS STEPS!

He defers to backside tackler when he is ballside!!!

Separate the man from the ball.

Go low, I dont care, explode his knee, whatever.

But NEVER, EVER, CHOP YOUR STEPS AND GIVE IP ON THE, PLAY.

And that is your def mvp Rev.

YOU GTFO!!!

Look at the result.

Watch him slow down.

Watch him defer to a backside tackler. Since when is it ok for a S to defer any hit, under any circumstances!??!?

Job of safety - no one gets BEHIND YOU AIR OR GROUND

what joke.

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 09:24 PM
He looked like a scared ass peewee football player.

His only defense was the concussion, but he gave up c ompletely on the play. Thats un fing excusable.

That sht is UNSAT REV. UN FING SAT rev.

you can admit your wrong or ill ream you forever til you do. I wont stop. Off to lift now. Im fired up too, thanks rev.

Bronco fans making excuses for soft candy ass safety play... Atwater is Shaking his head!!!

Lycan
11-07-2011, 09:25 PM
What was the mther fkin result you clowns. 6 pts raiders.

He CHOPPED HIS STEPS!

He defers to backside tackler when he is ballside!!!

Separate the man from the ball.

Go low, I dont care, explode his knee, whatever.

But NEVER, EVER, CHOP YOUR STEPS AND GIVE IP ON THE, PLAY.

And that is your def mvp Rev.

YOU GTFO!!!

Look at the result.

Watch him slow down.

Watch him defer to a backside tackler. Since when is it ok for a S to defer any hit, under any circumstances!??!?

Job of safety - no one gets BEHIND YOU AIR OR GROUND

what joke.

Paragraphs man, paragraphs. You don't have to hit enter after every 4 words.

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Sorry this is still just silly.

"He had a bad game because Champ missed a tackle and DJ couldn't hang with Reece down the seam."

If that's the BEST complaint you can come up with for our backup rookie safety, his future looks bright. Fact of the matter is HE stopped several plays going for 7 yesterday when some other people with WAY higher expectations were getting their asses kicked all over the field.

He made the tackle on 3 run plays that got into the backfield and on neither of those did he do anything special. He was a non-factor all day against the pass and as a testament to how much the coaching staff trusts him they put him so far back even Renaldo Hill went holy ****, that guy is almost out of bounds at the snap - okay I am projecting that last bit.

When you are the centerfielder being 10 yards from any reception is not good enough, not closing to deliver the hit is not good enough. If the reason you think he played well yesterday is that he made 3 stops in the backfield on run plays then I would hate to see what a safety has to do for you think he plays poorly.

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Fkin hilarious this guy is defending a cover 2 safety not laying wood when he is ballside, in front of the ball carrier/reciever

Inside the 10 yardline!!!

Holy sht, are you fking serious!??!?

Its ok to
1. chop your steps as ball arrives
2. Defer the hit to a backside tackler
3. Inside the 10 where every yard counts that much more!!??

He has him lined up, not only chickens out, he gives up completely.

Since when is it okay for a safety to defer any hit, esp inside the 10, in cover 2, vs a seam route!!!!

Un fing believable, Rev, repent.

You'll be forgiven immediately.

Also quit on a bomb left side bobbled, if he goes ham, pick off the bobble in our endzone.

vonqkilla
11-07-2011, 11:23 PM
No fing response, what a joke.

Our fkng def mvp in oakland is a safety who in cover 2 sees a guy on a seam route, chops his steps, doesn't make any effort to make a hit, defers to a tackler behind the reciever now ball carrier inside the 8 yard line where every YAC counts that much more, and,

BRONCO FANS are excusing it because they wouldnt want him to possibly collide with a teammate!!!!

You fin make me want to puke my guts out!!!

Hello ATWATER SB32!!!

My son wasnt even born yet, even he is calling you a puss for defending that bs. Even he without me bringing it up said ”did you tell him about Atwater”

My 13 yr old is calling you out!!

On a side note, he just benched 135 first time tonite!!! Woooo!!!

Someone make a full speed gif of carter punking out on that!!!
Atwater is shaking his head at you right now.

When DJ went after the ball and rocked Dawkins in the endzone a few weeks back, guess what, part of the game.

I cant believe I am fing even having to say that. What a joke!

” dont bother TRYING to lay wood on a reciever who just caught a pass inside the 10, you might hurt someone” - the Reverend

Fing disgusting. You make me sick.

Bronx33
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Wow just wow.....

Kaylore
11-07-2011, 11:51 PM
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1291110&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/1291110/shock-face.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Fact of the matter is my choice as Def MVP Carter stopped several plays going for 7 yesterday when some other people with WAY higher expectations were getting their asses kicked all over the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwMWqtlXz5M
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uwMWqtlXz5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Watch that mthrfker chop his steps, not lay wood,

He's running right at him!!! & then he thinks...

”Accellerate and hit...naaa, ill slow down and let the raider run in because all I am is a SAFETY ”

And leave it to DAWKIN THE OLD MAN TO COME BACKSIDE AND ATTEMPT TO BRING HIM DOWN.

Thats your fkin def mvp!!!

Thats a fkin btch in pads is what the fk that is. Get that muthrfkr on powderpuff and I bet he's a fkn beast dawg, but right there, he got his skirt yanked up and he btched out.

Fkin joke. Cover 2, chops his steps and defers the hit to a backside tackler.

You and everyone else defending that weakass bullsht are punkass btchs just like carter was there.

Watch that dude pull up!!

& you defend him because, hey ” wouldnt want to hurt anyone, esp dawkins”

Look at dawk going all out, compare that to chicken sht carter who would have killed reece if he doesnt punk out.

My 13 year old knows more about the legacy of broncos safeties than you.

A fkn safety deferring a hit or tackle.

Im not lol. Im pmgo.

Puking my guts out that yall are bronco fans defending cherry ass btch safety play, like that.

Sickening.

Borks147
11-08-2011, 12:37 AM
lol wut?

t-diddy
11-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Wait wait, did you say he chopped his steps?

bowtown
11-08-2011, 01:21 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/ernie-bert-wtf.jpg

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 06:01 AM
No fing response, what a joke.

I'm east coast and believe it or not, sleeping at 230 am.

Sorry I wasn't here for your tantrum though... it was definitely creepy, and extremely stupid. Good luck with that.

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 06:03 AM
Thats a fkin btch in pads is what the fk that is. Get that muthrfkr on powderpuff and I bet he's a fkn beast dawg, but right there, he got his skirt yanked up and he btched out.

Fkin joke. Cover 2, chops his steps and defers the hit to a backside tackler

This is my favorite part. The bolded part just reinforces that you're clueless here...

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 06:08 AM
He made the tackle on 3 run plays that got into the backfield and on neither of those did he do anything special. He was a non-factor all day against the pass and as a testament to how much the coaching staff trusts him they put him so far back even Renaldo Hill went holy ****, that guy is almost out of bounds at the snap - okay I am projecting that last bit.

When you are the centerfielder being 10 yards from any reception is not good enough, not closing to deliver the hit is not good enough. If the reason you think he played well yesterday is that he made 3 stops in the backfield on run plays then I would hate to see what a safety has to do for you think he plays poorly.

When you are the centerfielder if you're within 10 yards from a RB swing pass you're doin it wrong...

And do you remember how deep they were playing Moore? Seriously you're being beyond unreasonably harsh on him because Bailey missed a tackle and Reece beat DJ.

As for poor safety play, you only have to listen to the past several podcasts. I've criticized the safeties with specific examples in each of them. I just don't unreasonably blame them (backup rookies especially) for other people's errors (including three of our BEST defensive players) like a couple of you are getting off doing in this thread.

fontaine
11-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Carter made a poor play on that one. Why would you not got for the guys legs and strip out the football when you've got the angle.

Weird.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 06:43 AM
First you LIE, and now that you are exposed you got nothing to say but ” you dont know what your talking about”

I dont give sht if we are in cover 2, or man, your def mvp just punked out and qui on the play. To me, scared of another concussion, still, go low.
Fact of the matter is my def MVP stopped several plays going for 7 yesterday when some other people with WAY higher expectations were getting their asses kicked all over the field.

Really!?!?!

Just admit your wrong. That is 2 TDs he gave up on, & watch the effort when Palmer went deep left, ball bobbled, Carter jogs over, if he goes ham, its a pick.

Your a joke, keep making up excuses for your def mvp that quit on the plays.

What was the result Rev?

Watch the video, you are a joke man.

Its ok to admit you our wrong dude. Dont let pride keep this going.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Carter made a poor play on that one. Why would you not got for the guys legs and strip out the football when you've got the angle.

Weird.

Coming off a bad concussion, seeing Dawkins every day, Rahim just got one, and the Bush play as evidence too, I think he PULLED UP EACH TIME for fear of another concussion, which raises even more questions.

Still, go low!!!

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 07:14 AM
First you LIE, and now that you are exposed you got nothing to say but ” you dont know what your talking about”

I dont give sht if we are in cover 2, or man, your def mvp just punked out and qui on the play. To me, scared of another concussion, still, go low.

Really!?!?!

Just admit your wrong. That is 2 TDs he gave up on, & watch the effort when Palmer went deep left, ball bobbled, Carter jogs over, if he goes ham, its a pick.

Your a joke, keep making up excuses for your def mvp that quit on the plays.

What was the result Rev?

Watch the video, you are a joke man.

Its ok to admit you our wrong dude. Dont let pride keep this going.

::)

Coming off a bad concussion, seeing Dawkins every day, Rahim just got one, and the Bush play as evidence too, I think he PULLED UP EACH TIME for fear of another concussion, which raises even more questions.

Still, go low!!!

I say again:

::)

2-8-OAK 30 (2:22) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 3-C.Palmer pass short right to 12-J.Ford to DEN 39 for 31 yards (28-Q.Carter).

2-11-OAK 19 (10:16) 3-C.Palmer pass short middle to 29-M.Bush to OAK 41 for 22 yards (28-Q.Carter).

1-20-OAK 10 (7:47) (Shotgun) 3-C.Palmer pass short left to 81-C.Schilens to OAK 25 for 15 yards (28-Q.Carter).

Those three all go for 7 if it's not for Carter (and I was being very picky selecting those) and all were great open field plays.

If there's a play to be critical of him on, pick him missing the tackle on Jacoby Ford (after Champ gave up the catch and missed the tackle). What you're doing is stupid and wrong, but have at it.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Fact of the matter is HE stopped several plays going for 7 yesterday when some other people with WAY higher expectations were getting their asses kicked all over the field.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uwMWqtlXz5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You calling him a def mvp after admitting his effort was pathetic on a touchdown to bush, and obviously he pulled up yet again like a schoolgirl on the play to Reece is inexcusable.

Was he pathetic?

Or the defensive mvp?

Your words. Pathetic.

Even worse on the play to Reece. Fin powderpuff girls give better efforts.

Deferring hits, as a Safety!!!!

& you continue to defend it!!

Unbelievable!!!!

Rev - did he pull up and fail to make a hit on the play to reece or not???

Please, in detail, analyze his play on the reciever there!!!

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Thank you again for replaying a video of a perfect throw down a cover two seam where DJ was beat.

Interesting side note that pertains nothing to this discussion: Anyone else notice dawk and carter go helmet to helmet on each other?

Ray Finkle
11-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Thank you again for replaying a video of a perfect throw down a cover two seam where DJ was beat.

Interesting side note that pertains nothing to this discussion: Anyone else notice dawk and carter go helmet to helmet on each other?

BUT HE CHOPPED HIS FEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 07:50 AM

You forgot to follow it with an unanswered dozen post long tirade of nonsensical insults.

bowtown
11-08-2011, 07:55 AM
You forgot to follow it with an unanswered dozen post long tirade of nonsensical insults.

And some kind of weird continuing theme of his son calling you out and bench pressing 135 pounds.

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 07:57 AM
And some kind of weird continuing theme of his son bench pressing 135 pounds.

Well, can't fault him for that.

If you look closer at my posts I sneak hidden references to my daughter's dance recitals ALL the time.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Interesting side note that pertains nothing to this discussion: I talked out of my ass, and Carter really blew it a few times with pathetic efforts!

Its sad you refuse to address the point. He pulled up instead of laying the wood.

just admit it.
Your def mvp chickened out.

Answer Rev.

Did he pull up instead of nailing the ball carrier?

Did he give another pathetic effort? Your words?

What was the result, and what should he have done?

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Its sad you refuse to address the point. He pulled up instead of laying the wood.

just admit it.
Your def mvp chickened out.

Answer Rev.

Did he pull up instead of nailing the ball carrier?

Did he give another pathetic effort? Your words?

What was the result, and what should he have done?

Sorry, I'm not a part of the ESPiN highlight reel and whiff generation. I'd rather someone breakdown before the ball carrier (what you misidentify as "chopping steps" and "pulling up") and make the play... as Carter did many times Sunday.

This isn't about "pride" -- I was corrected by a few people earlier in the thread about Clady's penalty and have given them all the credit in the world and appreciation for correcting me -- or having some weird Carter love -- have criticized the hell out of him in multiple podcasts AND gave you an example of a blown tackle by him in THIS GAME.

What it does seem to be about is you and some weird thing you've got going on, so good luck with that.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Sad, making up excuses for a safety pulling up and quitting on a play.
Really!

Analyze his effort there.

He slows down, and defers the hit.

All he had to do was accellerate, and blast him, but...

Our def mvp decided ” naaaa, better slow up, that dude is big”

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Lmao!!!

Now he is breaking down on a guy HE HAS AN ANGLE ON!!!!

At the five yard line

Quick, breakdown!!! Lmao

CLASSIC!!!

Wooooo!!!

Just like Atwater broke down on Freeman in SB32!!!

Holy sht!!!!

Now you are supposed to beakdown on a guy 240 lbs at the 5 yard line going full speed & have an ANGLE ON!!!!!

Omfg you are clueless!!!

Now on guys running free at the 5 yardline you are 7 yards away from AT AN ANGLE, make sure you break down!!!!!

Wooooo! Lmfao

this is a slaughter, are you effing kidding me, it only gets worse the more you defend that chicken sh play.

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Sad, making up excuses for a safety pulling up and quitting on a play.
Really!

Analyze his effort there.

He slows down, and defers the hit.

All he had to do was accellerate, and blast him, but...

Our def mvp decided ” naaaa, better slow up, that dude is big”

There's nothing to "analyze" you buffoon. Once again, it's a perfect strike down a cover two seam.

You want analyzing? Dawkins and Carter have good play recognition.

What the eff else can you say? A 240 lb man running 4.4 full speed catching the ball at the 5... he's not going down outside the end zone. Period.

I'm going to start to get mildly rude to you now since you've been such a douche bag about a play that isn't even his responsibility, and more than a little creepy with your full page post after post rant. Frankly, if I were you I'd be ****ing embarrassed for trying to **** on a backup rookie for a cover 2 seam play right in front of the end zone. But I guess if you knew more you'd probably know that yourself.

Good luck with your GED goals in 2012.

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Lmao!!!

CLASSIC!!!

Wooooo!!!

Holy sht!!!!

Now you are supposed to beakdown on a guy 240 lbs at the 5 yard line going full speed & [b] have an ANGLE ON!!!!!

Omfg you are clueless!!!

Now on guys running free at yhe 5 yardline you are 7 yards away from AT AN ANGLE, make sure you break down!!!!!

Wooooo! Lmfao

this is a slaughter, are you effing kidding me, it only gets worse the more you defend that chicken sh play.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/3/lolwut128622364550770010.jpg

Eldorado
11-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Somebody has had too much coffee this morning.

Ray Finkle
11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Lmao!!!

At the five yard line

Quick, breakdown!!! Lmao

CLASSIC!!!

Wooooo!!!

Holy sht!!!!

Now you are supposed to beakdown on a guy 240 lbs at the 5 yard line going full speed & have an ANGLE ON!!!!!

Omfg you are clueless!!!

Now on guys running free at the 5 yardline you are 7 yards away from AT AN ANGLE, make sure you break down!!!!!

Wooooo! Lmfao

be like the pilot....

http://youtu.be/PVukEy4JO1w

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Lmfao @ you resorting to lame jpgs after I destroy your completely clueless brand new excuse,

Reverand of powderpuff

He was breaking down on a guy running free at the 5 fing yardline, and there was no way he was gonna stop him anyway, so its ok he btched out, afterall, he was the def mvp when he wasnt giving a pathetic effort elsewhere.

Lmfao at breaking down on a free runner at the 5 YOU HAVE AN ANGLE ON!!!!

an angle on, quick breakdown!!!!

Bwaahahahahaha

Classic

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Lmfao @ you resorting to lame jpgs after I destroy your completely clueless brand new excuse,

Lmfao at breaking down on a free runner at the 5 YOU HAVE AN ANGLE ON!!!!

an angle on, quick breakdown!!!!

Bwaahahahahaha

Classic

Casino (btw why did you re-register) have you slept yet or still running strong on that crack addiction?

Eldorado
11-08-2011, 08:41 AM
vonq(thread)killa

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Casino (btw why did you re-register) have you slept yet or still running strong on that crack addiction?

Hilarious, run away and hide.

Break down on a guy you have an angle on that just made a catch and just put the ball away,

reverand of powderpuff

Dont hit him, breakdown on an angle at the five vs a 240 lb locomotive, dont hit him, stop your momemtum, that will work!!! And let the other guy try. Just dont hit him

You dont know sht, or are just to prideful to admit your wrong.

You already called his effort pathetic vs bush, this was even worse!!!

Admit it.

Breaking down on an angle tackle at the 5, an ANGLE TACKLE!!!

Woooo, hilarious

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Hilarious, run away and hide.

Break down on a guy you have an angle on that just made a catch and just put the ball away,

You dont know sht, or are just to prideful to admit your wrong.

You already called his effort pathetic vs bush, this was even worse!!!

Admit it.

Breaking down on an angle tackle at the 5, an ANGLE TACKLE!!!

Woooo, hilarious

Hide from what? We've already talked about everything there is to talk about in this play. Facts are: Wasn't his responsibility and wasn't his fault. Carry on calling Carter and myself pussies though... that's really bothering me because I care a lot about you and your poor opinion.

Frankly I just feel bad for gylden and his good thread.

maher_tyler
11-08-2011, 08:54 AM

He leads the league in holding calls, that's not good!

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
He leads the league in holding calls, that's not good!

Clady does?!?

The Joker
11-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Clady does?!?

Yep, was mentioned a few times by the commentators.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Hide from what? We've already talked about everything there is to talk about in this play. Facts are: Wasn't his responsibility and wasn't his fault.

No rev, your hiding from the facts. His responsibility after the catch is to stop the ball carrier.

You put your ignorance on display with this sorry ass excuse.

” he was breaking down correctly on an angle tackle vs a 245 fb at the 5”

That's just wrong.

Again, his responsibilty is to lay wood on a guy going full speed down the seam FROM AN ANGLE!!!!

An angle rev.

The play was to make a hit!!

He chickened out just like on the pathetic effort [your words about your def mvp] vs bush, just admit it, he pulled up twice in huge situations.

Chips were down.

Carter folded.

Fact

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Yep, was mentioned a few times by the commentators.

If it's a crew I don't like I shut them off lol. Thanks for pointing this out guys.

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 09:09 AM
No rev, your hiding from the facts. His responsibility after the catch is to stop the ball carrier.

You put your ignorance on display with this sorry ass excuse.

” he was breaking down correctly on an angle tackle vs a 245 fb at the 5”

That's just wrong.

Again, his responsibilty is to lay wood on a guy going full speed down the seam FROM AN ANGLE!!!!

An angle rev.

The play was to make a hit!!

He chickened out just like on the pathetic effort [your words about your def mvp] vs bush, just admit it, he pulled up twice in huge situations.

Chips were down.

Carter folded.

Fact

Fun fact:

Repeating something two dozen times doesn't make it true.

Fun fact 2:

You keep claiming I called his effort on the Bush TD "pathetic", but that also never happened, so see fun fact 1.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Your right, you failed to recognize even that, wrong person, all the quoting got me confused on who said what.

Still, breaking down from an angle in the middle of the field vs a train, yeah right.

He pulled up instead of laying wood. He checked out. He quit.

He should have hit the ball carrier. That is his responsibility as a safety, he pulled up.

Still lol @ ” breaking down from an angle on a runner going straight to the house is how I would want him to do it, and defer hits to the other guys, good job on that one!!!” - The Rev of how to give up touch downs.

Classic

ColoradoDarin
11-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Irony:

vonqkilla repeatedly trying to call out Rev for seemingly being too prideful to admit when he's wrong, when Rev has admitted twice about being wrong (both about Clady holding... so I'm going to start calling him Cladyhater) and vonq is being too prideful to admit that he's wrong here.

Here's a free tip vonq: First, you should have gone with vonQBkilla (ask a mod nicely and they might change it for you). Second, Rev is right.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Irony:

vonqkilla repeatedly trying to call out Rev for seemingly being too prideful to admit when he's wrong, when Rev has admitted twice about being wrong (both about Clady holding... so I'm going to start calling him Cladyhater) and vonq is being too prideful to admit that he's wrong here.

Here's a free tip vonq: First, you should have gone with vonQBkilla (ask a mod nicely and they might change it for you). Second, Rev is right.

What am I wrong on?
I misquoted him, thught he was gyld, and said so.

Rev is 1000000% wrong on the reece non hit, pattycake escort into the endzone.

He has got to lay wood.

Breaking down from an angle gets you one thing, BEATEN!!!

Need proof?

What was the result of the play?

Breaking down on an angle causes you to lose your angle!!!

Want proof?

Watch the play!!!

You dont break down on an angle on a guy at the 5 going full speed.

Vonqbkilla would be better, oh well.

Breakdown WUT???
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qMIr5AjdjWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:38 sec mark, and everything else.

Breakdown!?!?!?

Lmfoa Rev of tackling for dummies

ColoradoDarin
11-08-2011, 10:10 AM
What am I wrong on?
I misquoted him, thught he was gyld, and said so.

Rev is 1000000% wrong on the reece non hit, pattycake escort into the endzone.

He has got to lay wood.

Breaking down from an angle gets you one thing, BEATEN!!!

Need proof?

What was the result of the play?

Breaking down on an angle causes you to lose your angle!!!

Want proof?

Watch the play!!!

You dont break down on an angle on a guy at the 5 going full speed.

Vonqbkilla would be better, oh well.

Breakdown WUT???
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qMIr5AjdjWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that you've said it again, let me reconsider. Hmmm still wrong.

How about this, I go back and read all the posts again, so you don't have to bother typing it out next time.

Yeah, still wrong.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Now that you've said it again, let me reconsider. Hmmm still wrong.

So you agree with Rev, the right thing to do, was breakdown, and not try to tackle him, because that resulted in a touchdown for the Raiders?

Classic.

Great play carter, way to slow down and not stop the raider from running into our endzone, great job.

Also breaking down from an angle is good tackling technique, thanks.

Especially on a free runner inside the 10 going vertical, perfect.

Now I know.

Tackling for losers by Rev and Darin.

Lmfao

ColoradoDarin
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
So you agree with Rev, the right thing to do, was breakdown, and not try to tackle him, because that resulted in a touchdown for the Raiders?

Classic.

Great play carter, way to slow down and not stop the raider from running into our endzone, great job.

Also breaking down from an angle is good tackling technique, thanks.

Especially on a free runner inside the 10 going vertical, perfect.

Now I know.

Tackling for losers by Rev and Darin.

Lmfao

Well, now that you've moved the goalposts, you're starting to come around. You try not to admit it, but thankfully have given up on the "blow 'em up, no matter if you whiff completely" thing you had going on.. All you have to say now is, "you were right Rev".

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, now that you've moved the goalposts, you're starting to come around. You try not to admit it, but thankfully have given up on the "blow 'em up, no matter if you whiff completely" thing you had going on.. All you have to say now is, "you were right Rev".

Lol, no way, I say lay wood all day darin, he should have

1. Accelerated, instead he slowed down
2. Hit the reciever, considering size, explode through his legs.

He deferred to a backside tackler, unforgivable.

Slowwed up, weak.

No hit, soft.

Seperate man from ball, at least hit the guy.

He just gave up before the fight began!!!

He wanted no piece of reece, or bush.

And thats our def mvp, gtfo!!!

ColoradoDarin
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM

Slowwed up, weak.

No hit, soft.

Yeah, read it before when it was wrong then. Still wrong.

Post again if you'd like, just refer back to this post for my answer.

Ray Finkle
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Slowwed up, weak.

No hit, soft.

you had your chance to punch out....now you just Goosed yourself....

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1349005&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/1349005/top-gun-goose-dies.html)

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, read it before when it was wrong then. Still wrong.

Post again if you'd like, just refer back to this post for my answer.

So you agree with Rev that when you are closing in from an ANGLE on a ball carrier going vertical at the 8 yardline full speed proper tackling technique is :

1. Breakdown and give up the angle
2. Do not make any hit whatsoever
3. Do not be the hammer, be the nail
4. Allow Raider to score

Just answer yes or no darin, rev, finkles.

my recommended technique

1. Continue to close (using my angle)
2. Hit the reciever right in the thighs to knees, stop progress
3. Do not allow raider to score

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 11:14 AM
What was the result again?

Oh yeah, great play carter, touchdown raiders.

Give up your angle and breakdown rather than lay wood.

Pmgo!!!

ColoradoDarin
11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3364290&postcount=133

2KBack
11-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Well...this thread started off pretty good at least

Play2win
11-08-2011, 11:44 AM

With what... An axe, a hatchet... a Machete?!?

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Anyone that thinks Carter made the right play giving up his angle, and failing to deliver any hit to Reece, and deferring to backside tackler rather than syopping the recievers momemtum front side with a shot to his thighs, legs, knees, is a moron.

Result, td. ” great job ” signed darin rev and finkle

TheReverend
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Anyone that thinks Carter made the right play giving up his angle, and failing to deliver any hit to Reece, and deferring to backside tackler rather than syopping the recievers momemtum front side with a shot to his thighs, legs, knees, is a moron.

Result, td. ” great job ” signed darin rev and finkle

1. Not what we said.

2. You're still definitely assigning blame in the appropriate place. Keep it up :thumbs:

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
1. Not what we said

You said he did the right thing, by breaking down!!! He had the angle!!!

”breaking down”, thats questionable to say the least, gave up the angle, then he doesnt even make a hit.

What was the result of his sorry ass effort?

Td.

Wanna see how he ahould have done it??

1:18

Dawk and Lynch, centerfield

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/guMefPL14Kw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even from where he was, great opportunity for a huge hit by carter, he slows down and gave up.

Inkana7
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
wtf happened here

fontaine
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
wtf happened here

I have no idea.

But back to the thread.

Good: Props to Vilhite who had the key block on the gunner on Royal's return.

Ray Finkle
11-08-2011, 01:50 PM
wtf happened here

in a nutshell, Vonk ranted, many proved him incorrect, and hilarity ensued....

gyldenlove
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I have no idea.

But back to the thread.

Good: Props to Vilhite who had the key block on the gunner on Royal's return.

That was an outstanding block, he engaged at the right time, locked him out and disengaged to avoid any risk of drawing a holding flag. I have heard a lot of moaning from Raiders fans that Taiwan Jones got blocked in the back by Bruton, but the video clearly shows Jones being unblocked the entire play, he simply doesn't get there in time, then takes a bad angle and doesn't have the speed to catch up, after that seemed to die down the concensus was that Wilhite held the other gunner, but there is absolutely no evidence of a hold on that block, on the contrary it looks like the gunner gets a handfull of Wilhites jersey and doesn't let go.

Wilhite is still abysmal on defense, but a very solid block on that punt return.

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
in a nutshell, Vonk ranted, many proved him incorrect, and hilarity ensued....

Uh no, no one proved anything, they just said your wrong despite all evidence to the contrary.

Still waiting for one of you confirm breaking down when you an angle tackle is the right thing to do.

That s what rev said.

At an angle inside the 10, reece is running straight to your endzone, and instead of hitting him and trying to stop him, its best to break down and give up your angle.

And the result was....

Touchdown Raiders...great job, way to break down and give up the angle.

Saying you are wrong and rev is right proves nothing but how stupid you are.

Fin joke.

Breaking down and giving up on an angle tackle.

Champ ff vs Ford, I guess he should have broken down too, you morons.

How come Dawk didnt break down?

How come in the vid of Lynch and Dawk I posted hitting Tes they didnt breakdown and why did they hit the guy....

Hmmmmmm

vonqkilla
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Carter: His effort on the Bush TD was pathetic, he let him get in the end zone before making a token chest bump, on the Reece TD he stopped again and then stuck out his hand to tickle Reece as he ran into the end zone.

Exactly.

And revs excuse is he needed to break down rather that attempt a tackle, from an angle!!!

Lol, and you morons slurp it up.

Hello, the endzone is 90 degrees from where Carter was, breaking down from angle = giving up = 7 pts raiders you dumbasses.