PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's slide

edog24
11-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone else noticed, was he not down? It looked like once he got up from the slide that he could have basically walked into the end zone. I thought qb's were automatically down once they slide?

Kaylore
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
They were and he was.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
The was just another example of how awful those refs were. They didn't blow the whistle.

when a QB slides feet first the play is immediately dead and the dip**** didn't blow the whistle.

Gort
11-07-2011, 09:01 AM
The was just another example of how awful those refs were. They didn't blow the whistle.

when a QB slides feet first the play is immediately dead and the dip**** didn't blow the whistle.

yep! plus a couple of times on they moved the chains immediately instead of measuring to see if a 1st down was picked up. also, they goofed the Colquitt punt/pass until the Raiders complained. it was amateur hour out there.

edog24
11-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Thought so, thanks.

bronco militia
yeah, the refs league wide were terrible yesterday

supermanhr9
Good heads up play by Tebow though. After running out of bounds all day (when by sideline), he stayed in and kept the clock running.

When Vick used to run for 100+ yards and throw for 100 yards, it was "How great of a threat Vick is", wonder if Tebow will get that love today?

theAPAOps5
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Another game the refs marched off 6 yards on a 5 yard penalty and then went full retard and marched off 16 on a 15 yard penalty. Clearly the lockout is impacting them :)

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Good heads up play by Tebow though. After running out of bounds all day (when by sideline), he stayed in and kept the clock running.

When Vick used to run for 100+ yards and throw for 100 yards, it was "How great of a threat Vick is", wonder if Tebow will get that love today?

From some...but its not without the caveat of mentioning his "awful passes" of course.

BroncoBeavis
11-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Maybe that rule only applies to 'real' NFL quarterbacks :)

bowtown
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
It's the Tebow effect. He has the ability to extend plays by making refs forget to blow their whistles.

Kaylore
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
It's the Tebow effect. He has the ability to extend plays by making refs forget to blow their whistles.

:rofl:

Gort
11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
"Refs in the SEC would have blown the whistle." - MacGruder
"I've heard rumors that the ref's Wonderlic wasn't very good." - Popps
"Fo Shizzle My Nizzle Dizzle Fizzle Pizzle." - DontBeMessin
"I love you Kyle Orton. I really, really do!" - TheElusiveKyleOrton
"45 + 3.1415927 + 1.02% / (427 ^ 5) + 5! = bad call by the ref." - AlphaSierra
"Mmmm. Hoagies. Mmmm. Hokies. Wait? Which is which? Mmmm Hoagies." - Garcia Bronco

Pony Boy
11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
"Mmmm. Hoagies. Mmmm. Hokies. Wait? Which is which? Mmmm Hoagies." - Garcia Bronco

"slide ...... We don't need no stinking slides" - Baja

19Morton77
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Very funny. So did Alpha Seirra come in last week when Tebow sucked eggs? I doubt it. But he will be here in full force this week.

LRtagger
11-07-2011, 11:59 AM
They did blow the whistle.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d823d90cb/WK-9-Tim-Tebow-highlights

Fast Forward to 1:24. Tebow just thought he could get up and keep running b/c no one touched him.

Popps
11-07-2011, 12:00 PM

:~ohyah!:

Jetmeck
11-07-2011, 01:49 PM

Exactly right and all the talk was how he couldn't be a pocket passer. Vick passes quite welll from the pocket and given time Tebow will improve also but no the pundits are unwilling to eat their crow yet.

Armchair Bronco
11-07-2011, 04:19 PM

Not sure about that. I watched it again on NFL Game Rewind and I heard a whistle.

NYBroncoManiac
11-07-2011, 04:25 PM

And THIS is why I keep reading this site :rofl:

BroncoBeavis
11-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Somewhere we should keep a running list of these 'Intangibles' :)

Jay3
11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Somewhere we should keep a running list of these 'Intangibles' :)

Tebow has the ability to make you forget to remember his intangibles, so that he will be at a greater advantage.

Jesterhole
11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I hate that friggin' rule so damn much. If they want to protect a QB in the pocket who is passing and can't defend himself, fine.

Once you take the ball and start running, you are no longer a QB, and you are no longer defenseless. The same rules should apply to everyone in that situation.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 06:07 PM

Naw man. They rode him too.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Not sure about that. I watched it again on NFL Game Rewind and I heard a whistle.

I rewound right then and I didn't hear one.

Broncobiv
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Once you take the ball and start running, you are no longer a QB, and you are no longer defenseless. The same rules should apply to everyone in that situation.

They do. Anyone is allowed to slide feet-first and not get hit. Thing is, nobody ever does, because they'd never hear the end of it!

errand
11-07-2011, 08:10 PM
They do. Anyone is allowed to slide feet-first and not get hit. Thing is, nobody ever does, because they'd never hear the end of it!

It's not like he flinched ala Mark Sanchez....