PDA

View Full Version : Broncos win despite Tebow. Should he keep his job?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bronco0608
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM
At this point, Tebow's upside is Alex Smith -- a qb who can only win with a monstrous defensive and running game effort. He is a glorified game manager. Hell, he is worse than Orton when it comes to that.

Should he keep his starting position? Because the team won despite him, not because of him. 129 yards passing? That simply ain't going to cut it!

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I knew you would be sad we won. You are pathetic.

baja
11-06-2011, 06:13 PM
are you trolling?

BroncsCheer
:unsuccessfultrollisunsuccessful.jpg:

snowspot66
Uh...what game were you watching? He only threw 21 times (and was much improved, only two bad passes from what I remember) and he accounted for 1/3 of our rush yards.

RhymesayersDU
I thought his second half was fantastic. First half not so much.

Cute how you conveniently don't write about his 100 yards rushing and 2 TD's.

hookemhess
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm no Tebownite...but give credit where credit is due. Dude played a pretty solid game today. Didn't make any mistakes. Made a couple poor throws, a couple really good ones. But obv his biggest contribution was his legs, and boy did they help today.

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
This guy isn't very good at anything in life. That much is clear. Tebow isn't all Pro but they won because of his efforts. A mod should change your name to Simple Jack

I was a critic of Tebow and even I can eat my humble pie and say he was a reason they won.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:15 PM
At this point, Tebow's upside is Alex Smith -- a qb who can only win with a monstrous defensive and running game effort. He is a glorified game manager. Hell, he is worse than Orton when it comes to that.

Should he keep his starting position? Because the team won despite him, not because of him. 129 yards passing? That simply ain't going to cut it!

You are a joke.

broncocalijohn
0608 never disappoints for pessimistic when being joyful feelings should be had. Dude was 10 times better than last game and was allowed to run some of his college run plays for 121 yards. Idiot, enjoy this hard fought win.

Ronnie Tsunami
I am one of the biggest disbelievers in tebow and you sound like an ***-clown right now. Let me ask you a question - how many game managers have that ability to run, keep the defense on their heels, and run for over 100 yards? How many?

Zero.

Tebow isn't a manager. He isn't a superstar. He's Tim Tebow. Whether that turns out good is beyond me. I don't think he will. But he's not a manager.

bronco0608
11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
I was a critic of Tebow and even I can eat my humble pie and say he was a reason they won.

Tebow was the reason the team won? You can't be serious

Broncomutt
Scoreboard just said it does cut it.

theAPAOps5

I said A reason. Your special ed teacher sucked in school, huh?

So I take it you negate his two passing TD's and rushing. Simple Jack

maven
Alex Smith and the Niners are 7-1. I'd take that right now.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
11-06-2011, 06:17 PM
I can't even tell if this dude is serious...

rock
11-06-2011, 06:18 PM
OP... Give it up dude. Be happy the Broncos won and stop bitching.

canadianbroncosfan

What the hell is wrong with you dude? The team won "despite him". Only 129 yards, oh yeah he didn't have two TDs and and ran for over 100yards. You're a joke.

Agamemnon

They certainly didn't win in spite of the guy. He accounted for half their yards and two TDs, with no turnovers. Idiot.

bronco0608
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I am one of the biggest disbelievers in tebow and you sound like an ***-clown right now. Let me ask you a question - how many game managers have that ability to run, keep the defense on their heels, and run for over 100 yards? How many?

Zero.

Tebow isn't a manager. He isn't a superstar. He's Tim Tebow. Whether that turns out good is beyond me. I don't think he will. But he's not a manager.

He can't throw a football. Because the defense and McGahee played out of their minds, the Broncos won. Not because of Tebow. He is no better than Orton.

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
He can't throw a football. Because the defense and McGahee played out of their minds, the Broncos won. Not because of Tebow. He is no better than Orton.

Translation: DUR DUR DUR, I'm special

TDmvp
11-06-2011, 06:20 PM

Appreciate that.
Gb2

DenverBroncosJM

This is a serious question, so please answer truthfully, are you a ****ing moron?

Agamemnon

Your posts are poison for the brain. Must ignore for the sake of my sanity...

canadianbroncosfan
Alex Smith and the Niners are 7-1. I'd take that right now.

No ****, even at 7-1 this ass clown would probably still want to hang himself.

Kid A
11-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Not the reason but certainly a reason we won. Aside from the 2 nice TD throws, just look at that draw play where he took it outside for a big gain the first time. That set up the huge McGahee run off the same look. And then on the clinching drive he gouged them outside again. His 100+ rushing yards aren't just window dressing; his run threat set up a lot of our other success on the ground. If you can't at least acknowledge that he did some nice things you can't expect to have your opinions taken anymore seriously than McGruder's.

IHaveALight

The Broncos ran for 300 yards today, because of Tebow.
1. His running
2. His threat of running opening up lanes for Willis

The Broncos won today, because of Tebow

snowspot66

Funny. I saw a lot of good throws out there today and not very many bad ones. Fewer bad ones than Palmer actually and Palmer didn't have 8 defenders in his face all day.

Archer81

Actually the Denver running game did not really sync up until Tebow started hitting passes downfield...

Which you would know if you watched the ****ing game.

:Broncos:

bronco0608
11-06-2011, 06:22 PM
You guys still don't see how ****ty of an NFL qb this guy is? His two victories this year are because of the defense and the running game.

Call it like you see it. This dude's ceiling is loooow.

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 06:22 PM
bronco0608 = http://s3.socialvixen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/Simple-Jack-Tropic-Thunder.jpg

cabronco
11-06-2011, 06:23 PM
do not feed the troll

MacGruder
11-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Tebow's 2 road wins in 6 starts is the same number of road wins Orton has had over his past 28 starts.

I see people saying the Broncos won in spite of Tebow.. but that one stat proves otherwise.

It aint saying much.. but Tebow is leaps and bounds better than Orton at the very least. His style may look ugly, but it's very effective, even with very conservative wimpy play calling.

Kid A
11-06-2011, 06:24 PM
You guys still don't see how ****ty of an NFL qb this guy is? His two victories this year are because of the defense and the running game.

I don't think most people are handing him the keys to the team next year. They're just pointing out the obvious - he showed some improvement, and was key cog in our running for 300 yds on the Raiders.

Maybe just try enjoying a win over the archrival? If Tebow sucks he'll play himself out of the job eventually this year.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Douche.

canadianbroncosfan
11-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Okay I can't handle him and 0608, I'm out

theAPAOps5
I don't think most people are handing him the keys to the team next year. They're just pointing out the obvious - he showed some improvement, and was key cog in our running for 300 yds on the Raiders.

Maybe just try enjoying a win over the archrival? If Tebow sucks he'll play himself out of the job eventually this year.

REP

maven
Tebow's 2 road wins in 6 starts is the same number of road wins Orton has had over his past 28 starts.

I see people saying the Broncos won in spite of Tebow.. but that one stat proves otherwise.

It aint saying much.. but Tebow is leaps and bounds better than Orton at the very least. His style may look ugly, but it's very effective, even with very conservative wimpy play calling.

Why are you so ****ing obsessed with Orton? The **** is wrong with you.

Gort
11-06-2011, 06:26 PM

so, let me see if i understand.

winning means nothing. it's all about how pretty you look at the position on every snap.

is that your point?

because if it is, you're stupid.

http://www.therealstevegray.com/wp-content/uploads/FernandoMahvelous230x225.jpg

DomCasual
Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

canadianbroncosfan
Okay I can't handle him and 0608, I'm out

him = MacGruder

bronco0608
11-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Move Tebow to fullback and give him three fullback passes a game and let him run it 10 times a game with a real QB back there. That way, we get Tebow's leadership and passion on the field, and we actually have a QB who can pass.

Seems like a great solution to me.

I really don't want to cut the guy because he brings ball juice and passion to the game (his words, not mine).

Simple Jake
This guy isn't very good at anything in life. That much is clear. Tebow isn't all Pro but they won because of his efforts. A mod should change your name to Simple Jack

:wiggle:

Dr. Broncenstein
Look at the attention whore.

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 06:28 PM
:wiggle:

LOL that is awesome!

Dr. Broncenstein
Move Tebow to fullback and give him three fullback passes a game and let him run it 10 times a game with a real QB back there. That way, we get Tebow's leadership and passion on the field, and we actually have a QB who can pass.

I really don't want to cut the guy because he brings ball juice and passion to the game (his words, not mine).

Waaaaaaaahhhh

NYBroncoManiac
A-hole > 0608

MacGruder
11-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Why are you so ****ing obsessed with Orton? The **** is wrong with you.

Because everyone in the media says Orton still gives the Broncos the best chance to win.. that is total BS.

Orton is considered a good starter in this league... if Tebow is considerably more effective than Orton that is saying a lot. And i think people don't realize it because Tebow's game just LOOKS ugly.. people need to realize Tebow has a different style.. but he is a good QB even if it looks ugly to many.

People said Orton EARNED the starting job.. based on what? looking prettier... he never should have "earned" the starting job.

theAPAOps5

Translation:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jPZvYIBQJuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archer81

http://tinyurl.com/87vvgw3

MrPeepers
11-06-2011, 06:32 PM
schaub had less than 200 today and won by 20+ with a franchise best 200+ yds rushing.

Boobs McGee
11-06-2011, 06:33 PM
The douche is strong with this one.

Goobzilla
Ignored. You are ridiculous.

Armchair Bronco
IIRC Elway was 12 of 22 for 123 yards, no TDs and one INT in SB32. That was good enough for a Super Bowl victory.

Tebow had basically the same # of pass attempts and yardage today. Plus 2 TDs. Plus 117 yards rushing for cripes sake!

jebures
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Congratulations jism, you are the first person I have ever put on ignore!

baja
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM

You should have started this thread last week you would have been a hero.

Gort
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
You should have started this thread last week you would have been a hero.

anyone else notice that the posters who were dominating this board last week at this time after a loss, and enjoying the hell out of the tough game Tebow had, are almost completely absent right now?

it must suck to be a Broncos fan who enjoys losing more than winning, huh?

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
anyone else notice that the posters who were dominating this board last week at this time after a loss, and enjoying the hell out of the tough game Tebow had, are almost completely absent right now?

Pretty sure you are not a Broncos fan if that is the case...

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Man I was a critic thought the book was written on him. I am loving that he was a beast today. As long as he shows growth I am all for him starting. It feels good to be wrong to most people...... except for Simple Jack

Archer81
11-06-2011, 06:40 PM

They'll be back to tell us how horrible the Broncos are. In reality, we saw three things we needed to see. The first is that Tebow has clearly improved from the 2nd half of the SD game to now. The team bounced back from an embarassing loss. And thirdly our offensive line beat Oakland up in the second half when they had to do it.

Lots of good things from today.

baja
11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
http://tinyurl.com/87vvgw3

Where did you get that picture of Nancy Grace?

Archer81

I googled "drag queen" and viola.

Who knew?

lod01

:~ohyah!: The worst thing happened for this franchise. The :tebow: can beat some ham and eggers. He gets crushed by the real NFL teams. This team is doomed to mediocrity for years now.

theAPAOps5

From Dancing with the Stars, duh!

vonqkilla
11-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I could absolutely destroy the premise of your post, but if you think that, you are to ignorant to understand.

War broncos!!

Gort
11-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I googled "drag queen" and viola.

Who knew?

that's Divine from the John Waters films. that guy did probably the most disgusting thing ever put on celluloid... he ate an actual cat turd. John Waters is a weird dude, but he's a bit of a local celebrity back in Baltimore.

Archer81
11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
I could absolutely destroy the premise of your post, but if you think that, you are to ignorant to understand.

War broncos!!

The OP? Or that nancy Grace was on DWTS?

Archer81
11-06-2011, 06:46 PM
that's Divine from the John Waters films. that guy did probably the most disgusting thing ever put on celluloid... he ate an actual cat turd. John Waters is a weird dude, but he's a bit of a local celebrity back in Baltimore.

Never got into the drag queen thing. Or the John Waters thing. I suppose its because neither are interesting to me in the slightest.

Thank God.

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Its almost a dead ringer

http://cdn04.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nancy-grace-dwts-nip-slip-09272011-lead.jpg

Jetmeck
11-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Go shoot yourself..............I'll supply the ammo

baja
11-06-2011, 06:48 PM
From Dancing with the Stars, duh!

I would puke my liver out if I had to kiss her.

Taco John
11-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I think the funniest part is that 0608 asks if Tebow should keep his job - as though there's a doubt about who our QB might be going into next week.

I can understand having doubts about Tebow, but this is pretty over the top 0608. You're definitely out of sync with the majority of Broncos fans right now.

SureShot
11-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Haha this site has gone full retard.

Jetmeck

Your football IQ is much lower !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:~ohyah!:

vonqkilla
You guys are FOS.

You'd tap that. Lol

Gort
11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Never got into the drag queen thing. Or the John Waters thing. I suppose its because neither are interesting to me in the slightest.

Thank God.

like i said, he's a weird dude and he makes weird movies. he's a local celebrity back in Baltimore so he gets a fair amount of press, just like Joan Jett and a couple of other d-list type national celebrities, so i'm aware of him, but i've never seen any of his movies either. i think he discussed the cat turd thing on Letterman years ago. i'm pretty sure that's where i heard the story.

Bronco Yoda
11-06-2011, 06:54 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fLrpBLDWyCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
bronco0608 is the anti gruber

TotallyScrewed
11-06-2011, 06:56 PM

You're a idiot, period.

McDman
11-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Fist, this guy is obviously trolling for attention.

Second, this doesn't change my opinion on Tebow's future with the club. If he keeps improving from here on out it definitely will. He looked mediocre int he first half but in the second half he looked really good.

If his consistency gets a little better who knows what will happen.

Hamrob
11-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Wow. I thought Tebow played pretty well. NO...not perfect by any stretch. But, he threw two very nice TD's....each for more than 20yds...and both were on a rope.

Then, he rushes for over 100yds....not to mention how many 3rd downs he convereted today.

Then, you add to the fact that he had 0 Int's, 0 fumbles and only was sacked twice...and you have one heck of a performance.

I'll give Magahee the nod, and Champ was great...and many others too. But, Tebow played really well tonight.

You have to be a hater to think differently.

Yes, he needs to continue developing his passing skills...that will come with more reps in live game situations.

I believe in the kid. Great TEAM win today!!!

baja
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
BTW that pic is Phillis Diller I believe.

MacGruder
11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Fist, this guy is obviously trolling for attention.

Second, this doesn't change my opinion on Tebow's future with the club. If he keeps improving from here on out it definitely will. He looked mediocre int he first half but in the second half he looked really good.

If his consistency gets a little better who knows what will happen.

Don't you know if he will be good though? I thought everyone was a quarterback expert..

Archedamian
11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
BTW that pic is Phillis Diller I believe.

It's Divine, and it's a dude.

zdoor
11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
MacGahee is a beast and this was an overall team win. But, if you don't think Tebow being on the field has something to do with why a polished version of a HS read option play works, you're an idiot...

Popps
11-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Good grief. We win, and it's a bash-fest of our own players. Moreno, Tebow... who's next on the bash-list?

Does anyone just enjoy the Broncos winning a football game anymore?

bronco militia
11-06-2011, 07:12 PM
beating the Faiders should give him a few more weeks

Turd_Ferguson
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I dont know what to think about Tebow, I still think he cant play quarterback in the NFL, but he played better today. Do I think he won the game by himself or that without him there is no hope? No. I think the Raiders penalties and the entire team effort in the second half won the game. Punt returns, interceptions, big runs, and some tough play by Tebow... Im just glad to beat the Raiders, and I think Tebow earned the right to keep his job another week.

Ray Finkle
11-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Good grief. We win, and it's a bash-fest of our own players. Moreno, Tebow... who's next on the bash-list?

No, everyone must pick a side and not deviate.....

TDmvp
11-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Sometimes Popps I think people care more about being right/wrong more than if we win or lose.

Bronx33
11-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Really is this all you have bronco0608?

McDman
11-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Don't you know if he will be good though? I thought everyone was a quarterback expert..

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

barryr
11-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I remember someone actually posting a poll a week or so ago and in it asking if people would rather have John Beck at QB than Tebow. Geez. Whether Tebow is the long term answer, hard to say, but the improvement is there and that is what one wants to see. He will probably never be a "pretty" looking QB, but does he have to be to be successful and help a team win games? No.

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
11-06-2011, 07:32 PM
....not to mention how many 3rd downs he convereted today.

Pretty sure we were 3/12. Tebow played pretty well, and I love beating the faid, but we weren't great on 3rd down.

barryr
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Pretty sure we were 3/12. Tebow played pretty well, and I love beating the faid, but we weren't great on 3rd down.

Not being great on 3rd down has been a problem for the Bronco offense and defense for some years now.

brncs_fan
11-06-2011, 07:37 PM

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/johncraig0880/GIFS/Footy.gif

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Really? You can't even enjoy a win over our most hated divisional rival?

Pretty sad, man.

baja
11-06-2011, 07:40 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/johncraig0880/GIFS/Footy.gif

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST GIFF I HAVE EVER SEEN THANKS

vonqkilla
11-06-2011, 07:45 PM
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST GIFF I HAVE EVER SEEN THANKS

I am still laughing at it. Great find.

Popps
11-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Broncos fans should be giving thanks for today's win... because if nothing else, it staved off "getting a look at" Brady Quinn again. Nothing against Brady, personally. I'm sure he's a fine human being. I wish him health and good fortune. But, We've seen all there is to see there.

Archer81
11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Really? You can't even enjoy a win over our most hated divisional rival?

Pretty sad, man.

Yup it is. If they did not enjoy how quiet Oakland's stadium got late in the third qtr then joy is an experience some of these people do not know.

frerottenextelway
He is 2-1. Orton was 1-4. At some point something has to mean something.

Agamemnon
Broncos fans should be giving thanks for today's win... because if nothing else, it staved off "getting a look at" Brady Quinn again. Nothing against Brady, personally. I'm sure he's a fine human being. I wish him health and good fortune. But, We've seen all there is to see there.

He is the "Best Boyfriend Ever" you know...

MacGruder
11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

People had determined Tebow couldn't be an NFL QB before he even tried it..

You sounded unsure if Tebow would be successful or not.

I just think it's funny how people on one hand act as if they know he can't play and then when they he plays well they seem shocked and then say.. "but he still has a long way to go and I DOUBT he does it"

It's three phases of truth IMO.. people are moving towards self evident...

barryr
11-06-2011, 07:54 PM
He is 2-1. Orton was 1-4. At some point something has to mean something.

But the truly stubborn will just say they would have won those games with Orton too.

Archer81
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
But the truly stubborn will just say they would have won those games with Orton too.

We'll never know. Reality says Tebow is 2-1 this year. And showing signs of improvement. That is all anyone can ask for right now.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Fox is a winnah.

And he knows how to pick 'em.

McDman
11-06-2011, 07:57 PM
People had determined Tebow couldn't be an NFL QB before he even tried it..

You sounded unsure if Tebow would be successful or not.

I just think it's funny how people on one hand act as if they know he can't play and then when they he plays well they seem shocked and then say.. "but he still has a long way to go and I DOUBT he does it"

It's three phases of truth IMO.. people are moving towards self evident...

And you've determined he absolutely will be. Kind of the same thing.

Plus, he has had one good game. Don't get all high and mighty you douche bag.

MacGruder
11-06-2011, 07:57 PM
http://blog.cleveland.com/bransonwright/2008/11/medium_brady-quinn.jpg

"if Tebow is an embarrassment and the worst QB in 25 years.. and I'm behind him.. what does that make me?"

baja
11-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Tebow looks funny at the QB position and that is the reason for 90% of the doubt. IMO

colorado jones
MacGruder=James Gumb from Silence of the Lambs.

Archer81
http://blog.cleveland.com/bransonwright/2008/11/medium_brady-quinn.jpg

"if Tebow is an embarrassment and the worst QB in 25 years.. and I'm behind him.. what does that make me?"

A sexy, sexy love monkey.

scrap
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I'll give you a serious answer.
No, you should not keep your job. Even if it's bic assembly.

frerottenextelway
11-06-2011, 08:01 PM

Yeah. I've heard of excuses for failing, now there's excuses for success.

Archer81
MacGruder=James Gumb from Silence of the Lambs.

http://tinyurl.com/787spot

MacGruder
And you've determined he absolutely will be. Kind of the same thing.

I don't see how anyone could see otherwise if they were familiar with Tebow's career.. and his attributes as a player/person.

It's not a question of IF.. but when.

that should be the case with ANY great QB coming out of college. whether it is reality or not. Why should Tebow be any different?

What is unique about Tebow is more those other guys were believed to be good NFL Qbs before they proved they weren't. People tend to get everything backwards though.. which is why they automatically assume he wouldn't be IMO.

But the other thing is there has never been a player like Tebow.. so it's crazy IMO to say he wouldn't be successful.. how could you know for sure if there's never been anyone like him..

MacGruder
11-06-2011, 08:02 PM
http://tinyurl.com/6tvdfmc

Wow.. now that's a creepy projection..

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 08:02 PM

And if we ignore his 4-14 record over the past two seasons they might have a point. But we aren't going to, so they don't. Over the past season and a half Tebow is 3-3 as a starter, while Orton is 4-14. This ain't rocket science here...

MacGruder
11-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Tebow looks funny at the QB position and that is the reason for 90% of the doubt. IMO

True Baja..

This is what is so crazy to me.. I wish all QBs played like Tebow.. the league would be much more entertaining..

But maybe I just like unique. Why doesn't everyone though?

Olso, Tebow's style just makes sense to me in this era. Pure passers seem like they are trying to force a square peg in a round hole i this era. They are getting slaughtered, too. And asking for the kind of perfection it takes to be successful seems impossible to me. UNLESS they just have a stellar team around them.

colorado jones
11-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow.. now that's a creepy projection..

Whatever...you beat the same drum and don't really know $hit.

According to you, Tebow's career has already peaked.

I mean, the SEC is better than the NFL, right?

barryr
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
And if we ignore his 4-14 record over the past two seasons they might have a point. But we aren't going to, so they don't. Over the past season and a half Tebow is 3-3 as a starter, while Orton is 4-14. This ain't rocket science here...

There are those that do want Tebow to fail, so reason and facts will not change that for them.

Rolandftw
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
The win is huge. There were some things that Tebow did, that I liked a lot. Was more accurate as the game progressed. Defense was huge, and McGehee was pretty much unstoppable in the second half.

Royal looking like a serviceable WR is a bonus

Still needs to be improvement in a lot of areas, but the win makes Denver relevant in a mediocre division. That's the main story now. A win in KC puts Denver within a game of first place and tied with KC and the SD/Oak loser.

All the talk on the draft, or how long Tebow will last as the starter is dead.

Arkie
11-06-2011, 08:10 PM

Tom Jackson said the reason Tebow wins games cannot be explained. I think one of the reasons is the fact the whole team elevates their game. Tebow's 3 touchdowns for every turnover doesn't hurt either.

Turd_Ferguson
Fox is a winnah.

And he knows how to pick 'em.

Go lose to the dolphins again you fat loser.

Momentum

The only way Tebow will have long term success is if he can ever complete better than 48% of his passes. The spread option is cute, but isn't going to work forever.

I guess its nice for the fans and all to see a running quarterback run all over the place, but last time I checked Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady and Big Ben (who actually throws downfield doesnt just scramble around for no reason) are the ones with the hardware.

Lestat
11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
hopefully Tebow is the answer because that means that we will have a cornerstone at QB,LB/DE(Von),DE(Doom) and at CB(Champ)

ozomulsion
11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
do not feed the troll

I'm not going to read them. Apparently the troll was fed, and fed well to the tune of 6 pages so far. This thread reaching 6+ pages is almost as bad as the original post.

baja
11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Tom Jackson said the reason Tebow wins games cannot be explained. I think one of the reasons is the fact the whole team elevates their game. Tebow's 3 touchdowns for every turnover doesn't hurt either.

Did you notice how a half dozen Raider players made an effort to come over to Tebow after the game to pay respect to him. When is the last time you saw that in a football game.

Armchair Bronco
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Did you notice how a half dozen Raider players made an effort to come over to Tebow after the game to pay respect to him. When is the last time you saw that in a football game.

Yep, I noticed that, too.

Turd_Ferguson
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM

It certainly wasnt last week against detroit, but in reality I see it everytime Bret Favre played, or Manning, or pretty much after every game in the nfl. What does that have to do with anything? Screw the Raiders i wish Tebow would have spit in their faces. Did you notice the Lions players making jokes about Tebow? Or the entire stadium chanting TEBOW SUCKS? Perhaps you noticed the half dozen border line late hits on Tebow by the Raiders? Again Screw them i wish Tebow would have told them to blow him.

Rolandftw
11-06-2011, 08:23 PM
lol @ Tebow spitting in the face of Raiders players. Or telling them to blow him.

RaiderH8r
11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
The first half was rough. The OL was playing better than last week but still poorly. The D was giving up some plays and Colquitt spazzing on the punt was just a turd in a punch bowl. Something happened at half time. Adjustments, ass chewings whatever but the team came out and played better. They aren't lights out but they played much more cohesively in the second half. Bottom line is the TEAM lost last week and the TEAM won this week. Tim made some plays, McG made plays, the D made plays, Royal showed up, all together they had plenty of problems and still won but we also saw some guys start to come together as a team and that is something very positive to build on.

Turd_Ferguson
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
lol @ Tebow spitting in the face of Raiders players. Or telling them to blow him.

I know right? But doesnt it give you a warm feeling to know the Raiders think he is inspirational?

Rolandftw
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
The only way Tebow will have long term success is if he can ever complete better than 48% of his passes. The spread option is cute, but isn't going to work forever.

I guess its nice for the fans and all to see a running quarterback run all over the place, but last time I checked Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady and Big Ben (who actually throws downfield doesnt just scramble around for no reason) are the ones with the hardware.

I think that's a given. Tebow will have to complete more then 48% of his passes to be successful. My hope would be that he could up it to 55%... considering who we currently have on the team, it was a good performance and think he can play better.

We will see what happens in KC.

Rolandftw
11-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I know right? But doesnt it give you a warm feeling to know the Raiders think he is inspirational?

I'd rather hear the Raiders whine and complain, personally.

Turd_Ferguson
11-06-2011, 08:29 PM

agreed

TotallyScrewed
11-06-2011, 08:35 PM
I think that's a given. Tebow will have to complete more then 48% of his passes to be successful. My hope would be that he could up it to 55%... considering who we currently have on the team, it was a good performance and think he can play better.

We will see what happens in KC.

Pssss....Tebow completed 48% of his passes today. Does that mean you'll think he's "come of age" if he goes 11 of 21 or 12 of 21? I think he had a couple of passes dropped or where the WR didn't get their feet down in the playing field.

Tebow made some solid strides today. He has a ways to go. Completing 1 or 2 more passes would be better but not enough. I'm sure Tim would agree.

baja
11-06-2011, 08:37 PM
It certainly wasnt last week against detroit, but in reality I see it everytime Bret Favre played, or Manning, or pretty much after every game in the nfl. What does that have to do with anything? Screw the Raiders i wish Tebow would have spit in their faces. Did you notice the Lions players making jokes about Tebow? Or the entire stadium chanting TEBOW SUCKS? Perhaps you noticed the half dozen border line late hits on Tebow by the Raiders? Again Screw them i wish Tebow would have told them to blow him.

That whistling sound was my point flying over your head.

baja
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Tebow took everything they dished out and bounced up every time never said a word and in the end he beat them. Even the dirty ass Rader players respected that. That is no small thing

baja
11-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Pssss....Tebow completed 48% of his passes today. Does that mean you'll think he's "come of age" if he goes 11 of 21 or 12 of 21? I think he had a couple of passes dropped or where the WR didn't get their feet down in the playing field.

Tebow made some solid strides today. He has a ways to go. Completing 1 or 2 more passes would be better but not enough. I'm sure Tim would agree.

If you stay stuck in stats you will never get Tebow;s true greatness.

Ask your self what were Elway's career stats. if you look only at that he sucked for 16 years.

TotallyScrewed
11-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Tebow took everything they dished out and bounced up every time never said a word and in the end he beat them. Even the dirty ass Rader players respected that. That is no small thing

Tebow was getting popped on nearly every play. He earned every bit of that double fat lip and kept right on coming. Everyone who watches, especially those dishing it out, respect that.

Reminds me of the Alamo (with the Duke, J. Wayne)...

"I was proud of them...even while I was killing them. It speaks highly of a man who's not afraid to die."

McDman
11-06-2011, 08:48 PM

I know him and Louis Murphy played at Florida together.

baja
11-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Tebow was getting popped on nearly every play. He earned every bit of that double fat lip and kept right on coming. Everyone who watches, especially those dishing it out, respect that.

Reminds me of the Alamo (with the Duke, J. Wayne)...

"I was proud of them...even while I was killing them. It speaks highly of a man who's not afraid to die."

I know I do.

Turd_Ferguson
11-06-2011, 08:51 PM
That whistling sound was my point flying over your head.

Wasn't it something about how the tough noble Tebow refused to be affected by the enemy raiders and in the end his courage and blah blah blah won over the hated enemy and forced them to show their respect to him even after he defeated them... What im saying is that some people arent going to like that. Sometimes when offensive and defensive linemen are fighting the QB should stay out of it instead of trying to talk them in to being pals. We all know Tebow is a good guy and thats great but dont act like he is the first guy to be respected by his rivals, he's not.

baja
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Wasn't it something about how the tough noble Tebow refused to be affected by the enemy raiders and in the end his courage and blah blah blah won over the hated enemy and forced them to show their respect to him even after he defeated them... What im saying is that some people arent going to like that. Sometimes when offensive and defensive linemen are fighting the QB should stay out of it instead of trying to talk them in to being pals. We all know Tebow is a good guy and thats great but dont act like he is the first guy to be respected by his rivals, he's not.

The numbers are few. and Tebow is getting that after starting only a hand full of games. I think that is meaningful.

Dedhed
11-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Sometimes when offensive and defensive linemen are fighting the QB should stay out of it instead of trying to talk them in to being pals. We all know Tebow is a good guy and thats great but dont act like he is the first guy to be respected by his rivals, he's not.
He's not in their trying to keep the peace. He's trying to stop his teammates from taking a stupid penalty.

Turd_Ferguson
11-06-2011, 09:08 PM
He's not in their trying to keep the peace. He's trying to stop his teammates from taking a stupid penalty.

Did he tell you that?

OBF1
11-06-2011, 09:16 PM
This message is hidden because bronco0608 is on your ignore list. <---- right where she belongs

lostknight
11-06-2011, 09:17 PM

It takes a stupid man to put his dick in the meat grinder. It takes a exceptionally stupid man to then turn the crank.

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Simple Jack sure did go away quickly. Probably for the best.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 07:41 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ep_CRKk1YGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
11-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Orton would have scored on that run.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 07:53 AM
A-hole > 0608

Gas prices > 0608

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 07:58 AM
MacGahee is a beast and this was an overall team win. But, if you don't think Tebow being on the field has something to do with why a polished version of a HS read option play works, you're an idiot...

^

bronclvr
11-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I read all of the negatvie responses on here last week, bit my tongue and I hoped that many would be wrong-why?

My Wife, for one-she has always gone to Games with me, been a good sport, and enjoyed the spectacle of the Games, never complained and knew how much I loved the Broncos.

But then, she bought a Tebow Jersey without any discussion with me. She now follows the Team more than ever, and when I had to leave yesterday during the Game (due to a commitment) she stayed and watched the Game (never done that before)-why? She is a very principled person, and loves that a good person (who is a great role model) is playing-in short, right now she is as big of Fan for the Broncos as I, and I really love that.

What I like more is that we were a tough Team yesterday-you can have those pretty boy QB's, and the diva WR's that go along with that-give me a tough, running Team that is competitive (with a little passing thrown in there somewhere) and I am a happy Fan-maybe that's why I am also a Huskers fan-

I love watching Tebow-you never know what is coming, and I will always root for him-will he make it in the NFL? Boy, I sure hope so-

Kaylore
11-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Tebow was rough but he played a lot better than last game and toward the end of the game he was really in a grove. He still has a lot of work to do, but if he keeps moving forward like he is, there is some promise there. A lot of what we were able to do in the run game was directly connected with how they were defensing Tebow.

Patrick Duffy being alive again > 0608

bronclvr
11-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Tebow was rough but he played a lot better than last game and toward the end of the game he was really in a grove. He still has a lot of work to do, but if he keeps moving forward like he is, there is some promise there. A lot of what we were able to do in the run game was directly connected with how they were defensing Tebow.

Your comments last week were the most concerning to me, as you are usually right much more than wrong-

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I read all of the negatvie responses on here last week, bit my tongue and I hoped that many would be wrong-why?

My Wife, for one-she has always gone to Games with me, been a good sport, and enjoyed the spectacle of the Games, never complained and knew how much I loved the Broncos.

But then, she bought a Tebow Jersey without any discussion with me. She now follows the Team more than ever, and when I had to leave yesterday during the Game (due to a commitment) she stayed and watched the Game (never done that before)-why? She is a very principled person, and loves that a good person (who is a great role model) is playing-in short, right now she is as big of Fan for the Broncos as I, and I really love that.

What I like more is that we were a tough Team yesterday-you can have those pretty boy QB's, and the diva WR's that go along with that-give me a tough, running Team that is competitive (with a little passing thrown in there somewhere) and I am a happy Fan-maybe that's why I am also a Huskers fan-

I love watching Tebow-you never know what is coming, and I will always root for him-will he make it in the NFL? Boy, I sure hope so-

Huskers fan?

Please ignore anything coming out of this poster regarding football. ;D

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 08:18 AM

Man, honestly I didn't get that at all. I thought it was one of the best Bronco QB performances since Orton V New England

bronclvr
11-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Huskers fan?

Please ignore anything coming out of this poster regarding football. ;D

Hey, I loved the Buffs from the early days until '90-they sucked after that-:flower:

DontBeMessin
11-07-2011, 08:20 AM
I hate coming back to eat crow!!!

bronclvr
11-07-2011, 08:20 AM
I hate coming back to eat crow!!!

Karma-and you already know what that is-

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 08:21 AM
At this point, Tebow's upside is Alex Smith -- a qb who can only win with a monstrous defensive and
running game effort.
He is a glorified game manager. Hell, he is worse than Orton when it comes to that.

Should he keep his starting position? Because the team won despite him, not because of him. 129 yards passing?
That simply ain't going to cut it!

Media Morons and other IDIOTS can often be so tiring..... 8')

Orton 3 - 10 + 1 - 4 = 4 - 14 for a .222 winning %.
(the guy they groomed and practiced because he 'Gave Them The Best Chance To Win' supposedly....)

Tebow's 1st Six NFL Starts = 1 - 2 + 2 - 1 = 3 - 3 for a .500 winning %
(the guy with little to NO PRACTICE TIME with the 1st Team, plus a lock-out off season)

In 2010 Tebow took a crappy loser 3-10 team and went 1 - 2 with them.
With a lock-out off season and then little to no use in the preseason and the first 5 games of the regular season:
In 2011 Tebow took a crappy 1-4 LOSER Bronco team and has gone 2 - 1 with them.

Things not mentioned when media morons or other types of idiots harp about Tim's Completion % or passing yards:
The best WR still on the Bronco roster: Eric Decker 33 for 406 yds, 12.3 ypr, 52 long, 6 TD's.
Claimed he was to old, traded - Jabar Gaffney 31 for 441 yds, 14.2 ypr, 2 TD's. (better stats than 2010)
Plus the Genius FO/HBC also traded away the Broncos only 2010 Pro Bowler, WR B.Lloyd.

> They also never mention Tim's TD / Int Ratio or his overall PER when harping on his low Comp%.
2010 8 TD's to 3 Int. Ratio = 2.66 to 1
2011 6 TD's to 1 Int. Ratio = 6.00 to 1
(currently #2 behind only A.Rodgers 24/3 (8.00 to 1 for best ratio in the NFL)

Tebow Passing 45 of 97 for 536 yds, 46.4 %, 11.9 yds/rec, 6 TD's, 1 Int, PER 80.1

Tebow TD's per Pass Attempt = 16.1, TD's per Pass Comp. = 7.5, >> TD/Int Ratio = 6.00 to 1.

E.Manning TD's per Pass Attempt = 18.6, TD's per Pass Comp. = 11.7,,, TD/Int Ratio = 2.50 to 1
While Eli whines that he belongs in the 'Elite QB' conversation with Brady ???

T.Brady TD's per Pass Attempt = 16.0, TD's per Pass Comp = 10.6,,, TD/Int Ratio 2.00 to 1
(and they both play for pretty good teams, not for the Broncos.....)

Sorry, but I'm thinking that a QB with those numbers, this team, AND the LACK of support, is doing at least okay so far.... (IDIOTS!)

Top 2011 rushers for the Broncos:

1. Willis McGahee 123 for 623 yds, 5.1 ypc, long 60, 3 TD's.

2. Tim Tebow 38 for 277 yds, >> 7.3 ypc,<< long 32 yds, 1 TD.
(* He is the #5 rusher this week in the NFL, any position)

Tebow & McGahee compliment each other in the running game, put Orton or Quinn in and watch McGahee's production drop like a stone.

3. No-show Moreno 33 for 127 yds, 3.8 ypc, long 13 yds, 0 TD's

4. Lance Ball 25 for 131 yds, 5.2 ypc, long 34 yds, 0 TD's.

Under the 'What Have You Done For Me Lately' heading:

@ Oakland W 38 - 24
Pass - 10 of 21, 47.6% for 124 yds, with 2 TD's to ZERO Ints. (Brady & Manning both had 2 TD's with 2 Ints)
Rush - 12 for 118 yds, >>> 9.8 ypc, <<< zero TD's, zero fumbles.
On 33 combined plays, Tim had 242 total yds, 7.3 yds/play, 2 TD's, ZERO T/O'S.

Tim Tebow's Pro Career after just 6 mostly unsupported games as the starter:
W/L Record = 3 - 3
PER 81.0 - 11 TD's to just 4 Ints.
Rushing - 504 yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's to just 1 lost poss fumble.

The other Top 3 QB's in the 2010 draft:
S.Bradford 72.3 PER, 3 TD's to 3 Ints. (#1 can't miss pick)
C.McCoy 76.5 PER, 10 TD's to 6 Ints.
J.Clausen SUCKED / BENCHED, 3 TD's to 9 Ints in 2010, (under the genius coaching of Fox).
But even with chitty Clausen, I NEVER hear the media morons say 'He'll NEVER be an NFL QB'

* Proving beyond doubt that the media morons were correct, Tebow will N-E-V-E-R be an NFL QB. :spit:
(but whatever you do, DON'T compare Tim's stats to the first 6 starter games of any of the big time NFL QB.....) Uhh

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 08:22 AM

I was very impressed with his run fakes. He seemed to do a better job at recognizing the blitz than he did last week (although he still has a ways to go on that, as any rookie would). A few of his passes looked solid, some looked wobbly, and some were the same old WTF passes we've seen the last couple of weeks. The running is excellent, but how long does a running QB last in the NFL, even if he's built like a LB? Tebow improved and bought himself another week. Fortunately, the Broncos have until the end of the season to see if he's the long term answer.

Shotgun Willie
11-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Alpha really needs to learn how to post something else. New week, same post, just updated numbers. What fun.

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I got something for Don't Be Messin'

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XHgxO1VDVXM/SMgicO4BnVI/AAAAAAAAAAw/0THQ5V9pOMo/s1600/AndreTheGiant014.jpg

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Alpha really needs to learn how to post something else. New week, same post, just updated numbers. What fun.

Okeey Dookey then,,,, :flower:

How about Tim Tebow stinks as a QB and will never make it in the NFL.

OR

Tebow will NEVER be a successful QB as long as he is stranded with the chitty Broncos and their genius HBC Fox.

All better now? :approve:

DrFate
11-07-2011, 08:40 AM
adds OP to ignore list

peacepipe
11-07-2011, 08:46 AM
LOL at this thread, either we're going to be a option team the next 6 yrs or we'll be drafting a QB in 2012. I'll bet the house it will be the latter.Yeah it was nice he ran for 100 & somthing yds but 10/21 is no improvement. There was never an issue with him running the ball,it is why he's called a running QB. The issue has always been can he be a passer? Yeah, he threw a couple good passes but a broken clock will be right 2x a day. The fact that we're having to revert to a college offense is bothersome.

DontBeMessin
11-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I got something for Don't Be Messin'

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XHgxO1VDVXM/SMgicO4BnVI/AAAAAAAAAAw/0THQ5V9pOMo/s1600/AndreTheGiant014.jpg

nice...

I am only responding to those who had faith in their team and posted to us Raider fans...

BEFORE the game....

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
nice...

I am only responding to those who had faith in their team and posted to us Raider fans...

BEFORE the game....

[ ] tits
[ ] gtfo

your choice

Gort
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
LOL at this thread, either we're going to be a option team the next 6 yrs or we'll be drafting a QB in 2012. I'll bet the house it will be the latter.Yeah it was nice he ran for 100 & somthing yds but 10/21 is no improvement. There was never an issue with him running the ball,it is why he's called a running QB. The issue has always been can he be a passer? Yeah, he threw a couple good passes but a broken clock will be right 2x a day. The fact that we're having to revert to a college offense is bothersome.

which is 2 more times than you.

peacepipe
11-07-2011, 08:56 AM
which is 2 more times than you.prove my statement wrong then....oh that's right, you can't.

Gort
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
prove my statement wrong then....oh that's right, you can't.

your statements are opinions, not facts.

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Or how about this kind of a post?

Did you know?

That after just 6 mostly unprepared (by the HBC/Staff/FO) starts, that Tebow already has:

Several Bronco Team Records.

Already has 4 more TD passes than Elway had in his entire Rookie season?

10 LESS Interceptions than T-O machine Elway had his rookie season?

I know, I know,,, NEVER compare the actual on the field earned stats of ANY FREAKIN' BODY to Saint Elway.

Even if it is totally TRUTHFUL, and especially not if it is FACTUAL.

But knowledgable liars, and/or ignorant morons, are welcome to spew any total crap that they want to,
no matter how INCORRECT that crap is,
about the current Bronco QB.
Gottcha! :thumbs:

Steve Sewell
11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I am still very skeptical of Tebow's prospects as a pro QB.

But...

To go into the black ****hole coming off of his performance in Detroit and leading the team to that kind of beat down on the Faiders is pretty damn impressive. Most guys would fold under the pressure. There's something weird about this guy that has me kind of believing. It's not pretty but the other players seem to love the guy and feed off his energy and leadership.

P.S. Some of the taunting done by Broncos players toward the faider fans was EPIC!

Gort
11-07-2011, 09:02 AM

But...

To go into the black ****hole coming off of his performance in Detroit and leading the team to that kind of beat down on the Faiders is pretty damn impressive. Most guys would fold under the pressure. There's something weird about this guy that has me kind of believing. It's not pretty but the other players seem to love the guy and feed off his energy and leadership.

P.S. Some of the taunting done by Broncos players toward the faider fans was EPIC!

an animated GIF of McGahee saying "F them!" about the black hole would be a good one to have handy the next time DontBeMessinInMyPants, Minimus, Tyrone, and the rest of those mouth breathers come in here talking crap during Raiders week.

Play2win
11-07-2011, 09:03 AM

But...

Yes, it is nice to have the HATE back. ;D

peacepipe
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
your statements are opinions, not facts.Well,duh. it isn't as if your posting any facts. but it is a fact tebow is throwing at below 50%.

Gort
11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Well,duh. it isn't as if your posting any facts. but it is a fact tebow is throwing at below 50%.

you asked me to prove your opinions wrong. how do i do that? i can show you that your opinions are uninformed or even biased. but that would require me to care one way or the other about you, which i don't. so when you write something stupid and pretend that it's a nugget of wisdom, i reserve the right to mock you for my own amusement.

Gort
11-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Well,duh. it isn't as if your posting any facts. but it is a fact tebow is throwing at below 50%.

it's also a fact that Tebow is 2-1 in his 3 starts this year.

which "fact" is more important?

peacepipe
11-07-2011, 09:17 AM
it's also a fact that Tebow is 2-1 in his 3 starts this year.

which "fact" is more important?So do you believe running the option is going to win us a SB?
1 win against an 0-6 team & the other against a carson palmer lead team that was without DMC.

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Yeah, and as EVERYBODY knows, the Comp% is the ONLY important QB stat.

~ 3 - 3 W/L in a QB's first 6 starts means NOTHING!

~ Having the #2 TD/Int Ratio (6/1) in the NFL behind #1 A.Rogers (8/1) means NOTHING! (#3 A.Smith 5/1)

~ Continuing to have the #1 PER of the 2010 QB's means NOTHING!

~ Having a WAY BETTER start throwing the ball as a new Bronco QB than Saint Elway had also means NOTHING!

~ Plus having a career 7.3 ypc, 7 TD's to 1 Lost Poss Fumble, is not a plus for a QB at all..... :~ohyah!:

But you just keep on concentrating (along with the other media morons and idiots) on nothing but the Comp % or Passing Yds. :P

Requiem
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Tim Tebow is going to make the remainder of the 2011 NFL season interesting, but I just cannot see the front office tolerating such inconsistent play at the QB level while hoping to be effective in the long run. With Quinn and Orton as FA after this year, we have to be in the market for a quarterback.

Dedhed
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
but it is a fact tebow is throwing at below 50%.
And winning above 50%

peacepipe
11-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah, and as EVERYBODY knows, the Comp% is the ONLY important QB stat.

~ 3 - 3 W/L in a QB's first 6 starts means NOTHING!

~ Having the #2 TD/Int Ration in the NFL means NOTHING!

~ Continuing to have the #1 PER of the 2010 QB's means NOTHING!

~ Having a WAY BETTER start throwing the ball as a new Bronco QB than Saint Elway means NOTHING!

~ Plus having a 7.3 ypc, 7 TD's to 1 Lost Poss Fumble, is not plus for a QB at all..... :~ohyah!:

But you just keep on concentrating (along with the other media morons and idiots) on nothing but the Comp % or Passing Yds. :Pthanks for reminding me to put you gator fans back on ignore.

Dedhed
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
So do you believe running the option is going to win us a SB?
Do you believe that Tebow won't continue to get better?

peacepipe
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
And winning above 50%read post 182

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I was very impressed with his run fakes. He seemed to do a better job at recognizing the blitz than he did last week (although he still has a ways to go on that, as any rookie would). A few of his passes looked solid, some looked wobbly, and some were the same old WTF passes we've seen the last couple of weeks. The running is excellent, but how long does a running QB last in the NFL, even if he's built like a LB? Tebow improved and bought himself another week. Fortunately, the Broncos have until the end of the season to see if he's the long term answer.

I dont see why he should have to be playing for his job week in week out. He's shown improvement, he's proven that he seems to get better the more he plays, and he's 2-1 this year and provides the Broncos with a very creative threat. He's still getting used to the NFL, the coaches are still getting used to him, they should just play him. Obviously, when things are going well, the Broncos offense can move. Good enough for 34 pts (yes, im counting the FG we took off the board)

DontBeMessin
11-07-2011, 09:25 AM
[ ] boobies
[ ] gtfo

your choice

That the heck is all that? gtfo? Please explain!

rock
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Tim Tebow is going to make the remainder of the 2011 NFL season interesting, but I just cannot see the front office tolerating such inconsistent play at the QB level while hoping to be effective in the long run. With Quinn and Orton as FA after this year, we have to be in the market for a quarterback.

If that's the case, the front office needs to be reminded of how inconsistent some of the leading NFL QB's were in their first 16 games. Including the VP...

rock
11-07-2011, 09:28 AM
but it is a fact tebow is throwing at below 50%.

So was someone else... (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00/gamelog/1983/)

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 09:28 AM
nice...

BEFORE the game....

Check my posts again during this week, dickwad.

Oh look! Here's one now:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3358523&postcount=27

Wait. Here's another:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3355130&postcount=151

And another:http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3357315&postcount=197

Want some more?

Of course, if there's one thing you've proved on this board, all you can do is talk through your ass.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM

While that needs to improve, completion percentage is an overrated stat (as David Carr), especially when it appears (throughout his limited career) that many of his completions are for high yardage. He needs to improve his decision making and accuracy still, but this is hardly some "option QB" He's a unique talent. Its just a matter of harnessing it. But what you saw yesterday is probably what a very functional bronco offense will look like with Tebow at the helm if he continues to be our QB for the next few years (at least until he improves significantly as a passer, which will have to happen at some point in his career.) You may not like watching this kind of offense, but its not as if it cant put up results. It just did.

AlphaSeirra
thanks for reminding me to put you gator fans back on ignore.

I am a decorated Veteran who has fought for YOUR right to free speech.
That of course includes free choice. (to ignore or 'censor' the thoughts/speech of others).

However, no matter how stupid or abusive other are, I put NOBODY on ignore.

But for those like you, if it's gets to hot in the kitchen, then coward out and run hide in your ignore button.... :P

:kiss:

alkemical
Do you believe that Tebow won't continue to get better?

Well, to be fair to the argument:

What's the ceiling? Improvement isn't always possible. (Not that I think Tebow won't improve - but trying to stay object and enjoy the ride)

oubronco
11-07-2011, 09:30 AM
That the heck is all that? gtfo? Please explain!

Idiot says what

BroncoFiend
11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I know there is a lot of banter going on, but I am curious of people's serious thoughts on this.

I will gladly admit that I am a fan of Tebow. I really hope he succeeds here. However, the fact is that the Broncos were running an offense that most think cannot work over the long term in the NFL.

So... can Tebow grow to the point of being able to operate a more complex offense, or can the Broncos win consistently playing the offense they are using now?

If the answer to both is no, then we should enjoy watching him play this season, and then move on.

In the end, those are the questions Elway will need to answer at the end of the season to decide which direction this team will take.

Gort
11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
So do you believe running the option is going to win us a SB?
1 win against an 0-6 team & the other against a carson palmer lead team that was without DMC.

its on posts like these where your bias is on display for all to see.

the Broncos are not running an option offense. i saw a couple of fake handoffs, but didn't see a single option play yesterday.

the Broncos are not in the hunt for a SB this year. or next year. or probably the year after that. this is not a complete or deep team. 6-10 or 7-9 is about their ceiling. they will not pose any challenge to an elite NFL team.

the Dolphins are no longer winless.

the Raiders didn't lose because they McFadden wasn't playing. they lost because they are as bad a team as the Broncos and they made a lot of stupid mistakes and didn't capitalize on the Broncos mistakes early. the Broncos adjusted at halftime and the Raiders were not able to counter those changes.

Gort
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I know there is a lot of banter going on, but I am curious of people's serious thoughts on this.

I will gladly admit that I am a fan of Tebow. I really hope he succeeds here. However, the fact is that the Broncos were running an offense that most think cannot work over the long term in the NFL.

So... can Tebow grow to the point of being able to operate a more complex offense, or can the Broncos win consistently playing the offense they are using now?

If the answer to both is no, then we should enjoy watching him play this season, and then move on.

In the end, those are the questions Elway will need to answer at the end of the season to decide which direction this team will take.

nobody can answer that question. you have to play him and let him develop and see if he can. anybody who tells you he can't based on what they've seen up to this point is showing that they've had their mind made up about him (probably since draft day) and nothing he does will ever change it. same thing for those who are convinced he will. he's a young QB. you have to play him long enough to see what you've really got. that's more than just 3 games.

OABB
11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
That of course includes free choice. (to ignore or 'censor' the thoughts/speech of others).

But for those like you, if it's gets to hot in the kitchen, then coward out and run hide in your ignore button.... :P

:kiss:I always laugh when people get mad at your posts which are always pure fact. What does it say about someone's argument when they say out loud that they are upset by the facts and are going to ignore them.

Its actually kind of funny.

rock
11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
lol @ peacepipe. Good luck with convincing yourself.

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I dont see why he should have to be playing for his job week in week out. He's shown improvement, he's proven that he seems to get better the more he plays, and he's 2-1 this year and provides the Broncos with a very creative threat. He's still getting used to the NFL, the coaches are still getting used to him, they should just play him. Obviously, when things are going well, the Broncos offense can move. Good enough for 34 pts (yes, im counting the FG we took off the board)

Isn't everybody in the NFL playing for their jobs week in and week out? I hope the FO is committed to letting Tebow play out the rest of the season. We spent three picks on him. Have to find out if it was worth it or if we have to go in another direction. I find Tebow to be a very hard player to figure. One minute he looks awesome, the next minute he looks like he doesn't have a clue. It will take games to straighten out. Personally, I'm still dubious.

A lot of what happened yesterday was the whole team stepping up in the Black Hole (probably for that reason) and calling each other out. I see no reason to believe that Tebow was the driving force behind that. Probably had more to do with the old vets (Champ, Dawkins, etc.). Obviously, Tebow picked it up too. Excellent win. More fun than I've had in years watching a FB game. McGahee lit it up. Royal lit it up. Dawkins coming back in after that freakish looking extension. A lot of great stuff happened. I sure don't want to see Orton or Quinn any more. This is much more fun. ;D

Pick Six
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
BTW, Tebow is the first Broncos QB to rush for over 100 yards in a game, since Norris Weese rushed for 120 yards in 1976 (against Chicago). I'm just going to throw that out. Continue...8')

Ray Finkle
11-07-2011, 09:45 AM

:kiss:

Ignoring someone is in no way censoring them. From time to time there are posters that just troll and detour every thread (Majik, Casino, etc) that it makes threads enjoyable. Those are the folks I'll ignore.

CEH
11-07-2011, 09:45 AM
BTW, Tebow is the first Broncos QB to rush for over 100 yards in a game, since Norris Weese rushed for 120 yards in 1976 (against Chicago). I'm just going to throw that out. Continue...8')

Didn't read the whole thread but Denver has never scored 31 points in the 2nd half since forever including the Super Bowl years. Damn you Tebow stop creating new records to break.

DontBeMessin
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
[ ] boobies
[ ] gtfo

your choice

Let me explain this to you so you'll understand.

I posted that I am only posting to the people who posted BEFORE the Raider game you you posted back...

Boobies
gtfo

Is that what you want to call the posters who posted before the game of the biotches that were hiding and now are flooding the site?

Your choice?

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
While that needs to improve, completion percentage is an overrated stat. But what you saw yesterday
is probably what a very functional bronco offense will look like with
Tebow at the helm if he continues to be our QB for the next few years (at least until he improves significantly as a passe.

As a Heisman winner at UF, Tim threw for 67% and just under 10,000 yds.
His 88 TD's to just 16 Ints ratio continues in the NFL.

When there is a competent staff (HBC/Staff/FO) to support and use him.
When he has a solid OL in front of him.
When he has quality WR's and TE's.
When he has a complete running game.
That includes RB's who can both pick up a blitz and/or get open and catch the ball.....

Then you will find out that Tim is actually a pretty accurate QB throwing the ball.

But even now, with all of the DISADVANTAGES that he's dealing with:

Tim is still #2 behind only A.Rogers in TD/Int Ratio.
Does NO ONE realize that as Comp% goes up, the TD/Int Ratio can just as easily go down?

Some of Tim's incomplete passes are because he is throwing the ball where ONLY his receiver has a chance to catch the ball.
Would you accept more interceptions for a few points higher in his comp %?

This is just like the ones that claim that he can't read the defense and/or he takes off running to quick,,,
BUT
They then don't or won't give him his due credit for a career 7.3 ypc with 7 TD's to just 1 lost poss. fumble.

How many completions was his 118 rushing yards worth in the Black Hole?

DontBeMessin
11-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Idiot says what

I posted that I am only posting to the people who posted BEFORE the Raider game you you posted back...

Boobies
gtfo

Is that what you want to call the posters who posted before the game of the biotches that were hiding and now are flooding the site?

Your choice?

That some people are kinda ignorant and should not jump into others people conversations or they themselves look retarded...

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Isn't everybody in the NFL playing for their jobs week in and week out? I hope the FO is committed to letting Tebow play out the rest of the season. We spent three picks on him. Have to find out if it was worth it or if we have to go in another direction. I find Tebow to be a very hard player to figure. One minute he looks awesome, the next minute he looks like he doesn't have a clue. It will take games to straighten out. Personally, I'm still dubious.

A lot of what happened yesterday was the whole team stepping up in the Black Hole (probably for that reason) and calling each other out. I see no reason to believe that Tebow was the driving force behind that. Probably had more to do with the old vets (Champ, Dawkins, etc.). Obviously, Tebow picked it up too. Excellent win. More fun than I've had in years watching a FB game. McGahee lit it up. Royal lit it up. Dawkins coming back in after that freakish looking extension. A lot of great stuff happened. I sure don't want to see Orton or Quinn any more. This is much more fun. ;D

Of course not every player is playing for their job week in week out. Philip Rivers isn't playing all that amazing right now, but is there any question that the job is his? Some guys respond well when they are constantly looking over their shoulder, some don't. I don't know what kind of guy Tim is.

Re: your second point, it was a total team effort, but there's no reason to believe Tim was also not the driving force behind that. He got his butt kicked all game, his head literally bloodied, but he came out there and looked sharp when the Broncos were down ten. He didn't make dumb mistakes and it was because of him that the Broncos ran so well. (check out magahee's 60 yard run...those linebackers stayed at home because the read option was confusing them). Obviously the vets provide a ton of leadership, but you think that his performance went unnoticed?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2011, 09:52 AM

That includes RB's who can both pick up a blitz and/or get open and catch the ball.....

Then you will find out that Tim is actually a pretty accurate QB throwing the ball.

Does NO ONE realize that as Comp% goes up, the TD/Int Ratio can just as easily go down?

Some of Tim's incomplete passes are because he is throwing the ball where ONLY his receiver has a chance to catch the ball.

This is just like the ones that claim that he can't read the defense and/or he takes off running to quick,,,
BUT
They then don't or won't give him his due credit for a career 7.3 ypc with 7 TD's to just 1 lost poss. fumble.

I'm a tim supporter, but he's not consistently accurate. I dont care how you paint it. He could have all day back there and still not be consistently accurate. Not saying he'll never be, but he has work to do.

CEH
11-07-2011, 09:56 AM

BUT

10 for 21 or 13 for 38 is not NFL quality no matter how many stats you post about college. That is 2.5 completions per quarter. He needs to improve his completion % .

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Of course not every player is playing for their job week in week out. Philip Rivers isn't playing all that amazing right now, but is there any question that the job is his? Some guys respond well when they are constantly looking over their shoulder, some don't. I don't know what kind of guy Tim is.

Re: your second point, it was a total team effort, but there's no reason to believe Tim was also not the driving force behind that. He got his butt kicked all game, his head literally bloodied, but he came out there and looked sharp when the Broncos were down ten. He didn't make dumb mistakes and it was because of him that the Broncos ran so well. (check out magahee's 60 yard run...those linebackers stayed at home because the read option was confusing them). Obviously the vets provide a ton of leadership, but you think that his performance went unnoticed?

Not at all. In fact, I think that bloody lip did more for Tebow than we know. I know it made me feel better about him. At the time I was thinking, "Welcome to the NFL, kid." It felt like he had paid some dues now. Maybe the lockerroom will feel that way too. Usually, an Oline imprints with a QB (if he's not a total douche, like Rivers). Maybe this Oline belonged to Orton before, but it just seems that yesterday, maybe they warmed up a bit to Tebow. Speculation, of course, but they sure played more like a team, like some business got settled yesterday and now it's time to move on. I hope so. Be nice to get off the Tebow rag and just start rooting for the Broncos again.

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Ignoring someone is in no way censoring them. From time to time there are posters that just troll and detour every thread (Majik, Casino, etc) that it makes threads enjoyable. Those are the folks I'll ignore.

I understand that position Ray, and even his decision is no big deal imo.

I find some of them quite amusing myself.
I also find it no problem to just skip on over the more annoying with bothering with an ignore option.

It's his stated reasons.
It's him grouping ALL Gator fans.

It's just because I felt like tweaking his nose about it.

No Big Deal either way, for him or me. :approve:

GreatBronco16
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
So was someone else... (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00/gamelog/1983/)

Wow, those numbers are just down right terrible.

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm a tim supporter, but he's not consistently accurate. I dont care how you paint it. He could have all day back there
and still not be consistently accurate. Not saying he'll never be, but he has work to do.

Fine, now explain what your Broncos have done to destroy Tim's previous proven passing accuracy?

If he has all day to throw the ball, no pressure, receivers are open, receivers catch the ball, but he is now
inaccurate throwing the ball, then it MUST BE SOMETHING THAT THE BRONCO'S HAVE DONE TO HIM.

Because I can prove that when he came to you from UF, he had:

On throws from the pocket in 2009, Tebow completed 72.2% for 19 TD's with only 4 Ints.
On throws of 15 yards or longer: Tebow completed 52% of his passes in 2009 with 12 TD's and 2 Ints. (6.0 to 1).
For Tim's UF Career he was: 661 of 995 for 9,285 yds, 66.4%, SEC Career Record 170.79 PER.

So, it's not that Tim did not have the ability to throw accurate passes, it's whatever has been done TO HIM since he left UF.

Also, it would be very helpful to Tim if both Saint John, and the Bronco fan base, would remember how another QB
started out in the NFL, instead of being so hung up on how he finished 2 decades later.

John Elway's Rookie season (9 starts) PER was a pitiful 54.9 with 7 TD's to 14 Int's.
(was it Elway's overrated rookie talent level or his terrible throwing mechanics and footwork? facetious) 8')

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Fine, now explain what your Broncos have done to destroy Tim's previous proven passing accuracy?

If he has all day to throw the ball, no pressure, receivers are open, receivers catch the ball, but he is now
inaccurate throwing the ball, then it MUST BE SOMETHING THAT THE BRONCO'S HAVE DONE TO HIM.

On throws from the pocket in 2009, Tebow completed 72.2% for 19 TD's with only 4 Ints.
On throws of 15 yards or longer: Tebow completed 52% of his passes in 2009 with 12 TD's and 2 Ints. (6.0 to 1).
For Tim's UF Career he was: 661 of 995 for 9,285 yds, 66.4%, SEC Career Record 170.79 PER.

So, it's not that Tim did not have the ability to throw accurate passes, it's whatever has been done TO HIM since he left UF.

Also, it would be very helpful to Tim if both Saint John, and the Bronco fan base, would remember how another QB
started out in the NFL, instead of being so hung up on how he finished 2 decades later.

John Elway's Rookie season (9 starts) PER was a pitiful 54.9 with 7 TD's to 14 Int's.
(was it Elway's overrated rookie talent level or his terrible throwing mechanics and footwork? facetious) 8')

Maybe there's a difference between college and the NFL?

Archer81
11-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Shhh...

Its easier to believe the Broncos did something to Tebow rather than admit he will need to work on footwork in the NFL.

Conspiracy theory...

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 10:31 AM
10 for 21 or 13 for 38 is not NFL quality no matter how many stats you post about college. That is 2.5 completions per quarter. He needs to improve his completion % .

Absolutely Correct of you. :kiss:

Now, if that stupid Tim would just design a better offensive system for the Broncos to run.
If that stupid Tim would just learn to be a better Game Day play caller.
If that incompetent Tim would just learn how to pass block for longer than 2 seconds.
IF that incompetent Tim would learn how to pick up a blitz.
IF that INCOMPETENT Tim would learn how to get open and then catch the ball.

Well, then Tim might look like he is a better passer, but don't count on it..... ^5

Gort
11-07-2011, 10:35 AM

what about a QB who goes 9 of 21 for 123 yards with 0 TDs and 2 INTs?

is that QB not NFL quality?

because that QB won a championship ring for that performance in SB XL. that QB was Worthlessburger.

my point is that winning is what matters. you can look awful and put up awful stats, but if you win in the process, that's all that matters.

misturanderson
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Or maybe it's because he isn't throwing 5 shovel passes per game and getting all day to wait for his deep routes to develop and guys to run wide open. You know, issue that NFL QBs have to deal with because they play against NFL defenses with NFL coordinators.

P.S. Tim Tebow is not a rookie and he plays under the NFL's 2011 rules, not the 1983 ones.

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM

Boobies
gtfo

Your choice?

Hiding?

I dont respect you or Max, so I avoid talking to either of you because neither of you can make a coherent football post. I'm on the record on the podcast saying we'd beat you and why and how and, tada, that was exactly how we did.

So, please go.

CEH
11-07-2011, 10:59 AM
what about a QB who goes 9 of 21 for 123 yards with 0 TDs and 2 INTs?

is that QB not NFL quality?

because that QB won a championship ring for that performance in SB XL. that QB was Worthlessburger.

my point is that winning is what matters. you can look awful and put up awful stats, but if you win in the process, that's all that matters.

Not my words but Elway's this moring on this show. Feel free to listen or not.

I'm trying to figure out what Elway will be using to judge Tebow not what fans on a messageboard think about Tebow. In the end it only matters what Elway decides.

There was a short leash on TIm this last weekend but he did improve. If Denver wins sure Tebow will be the QB next year. I'm just assuming we won't be playing the Raiders every week with 15 penalities and a passing game may be needed to win a game down the road

RaiderH8r
11-07-2011, 11:06 AM

I absolutely agree Tebow needs to work on a number of things. I've said it before, Gase should be working on footwork. Committed to, if nothing else gets addressed in his mechanics this year, his footwork will. Come hell or high water. Make that a priority (as footwork at any position should be). Now, is there any doubt about Tebow's work ethic? Is there any doubt that Tebow wouldn't work himself half to death on drills to fix his footwork or anything else for that matter? Where has the coaching been to address these things? I've also said, if we got Luck does anybody think that we would trust Luck's skillset to be mentored by Gase? Anybody? Then it holds, if Gase isn't good enough as a QB coach for Luck then why are we throwing Tebow's development into Gase's hands? This isn't about which QB is worthy of a better QB coach. The point is, we should have a legitimate QB coach no matter who we have under center.

RaiderH8r
11-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Not my words but Elway's this moring on this show. Feel free to listen or not.

I'm trying to figure out what Elway will be using to judge Tebow not what fans on a messageboard think about Tebow. In the end it only matters what Elway decides.

There was a short leash on TIm this last weekend but he did improve. If Denver wins sure Tebow will be the QB next year. I'm just assuming we won't be playing the Raiders every week with 15 penalities and a passing game may be needed to win a game down the road

Fox's whole philosophy revolves around not passing the ball to win. If he had his druthers he'd run the rock 60 times a game. Which is fine. But recognize that our coach's philosophy, as much as anything, is going to factor into how much or how often we need a passing game.

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Not when it comes to just 'throwing against air passing accuracy,' which is what is being discussed. :P
==================

Tebow CAN throw an accurate pass, that's a long proven fact.

Why he is not doing as well right now with the Broncos is something that the Bronco organization (and fans) needs to come to grips with.

It's certainly NOT Tim's own physical ability to throw an accurate ball, which is a long proven fact. ^5
===================

However, we can easily make Pro football Throwing ACCURACY/PRODUCTION/RESULTS comparisons if you'd like.
(but only cause you've asked for it) 8')

Tim Tebow (6 starts) PER 81.0, 11 TD's to 4 Ints,

PLUS

Tim got those WAY better passing stats while taking a beating running the ball. (John NEVER ran the ball like Tim can)

81 for 504 yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's with just 1 Lost Poss. Fumble.

Tebow's actual stats have been BETTER than a combination of the Rookie stats of both Elway & FB Mike 'A-Train' Alstott's. :thumbs:

He is better than both/either and that's not an opinion, it a recorded and demonstrated stat/fact!

Learn to live with it, it'll be a lot more fun if you're really a Bronco fan.... :yayaya:

AlphaSeirra
11-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Or maybe it's because he isn't throwing 5 shovel passes per game and getting all day to wait for his
deep routes to develop and guys to run wide open. You know, issue that NFL QBs have to deal with because they play against
NFL defenses with NFL coordinators.

P.S. Tim Tebow is not a rookie and he plays under the NFL's 2011 rules, not the 1983 ones.

What a wad of weak sniveling excuses.

I'm going by starts, not rookie seasons, because the Bronco staff was to stupid to invest any time or real support in rookie Tebow.
They have, imoho, set Tebow back 2 seasons already with their group stupidity (and/or lack of guts).

Those weak College (SEC) players, both offense and defense, are the most drafted players of all the conferences,
many start as rookies with just their (non-existent) college talents in place.

Now, explain all the differences between 1983 and 2010 that made Elway so chitty as a rookie QB,
and Tim so much better. I can hardly wait to read this bs. (that, or just keep on talking out your azz)

~ Did Elway get preseason practice with the 1st team as a rookie?
(unlike Tebow in 2010, who only got 3 season ending cold starts on a 3-10 team)

~ Did Elway have a lock-out off season, EVER in his entire career, much less between his critical rookie and 2nd season?

~ Did Elway get thrown in cold on a chitty 1-4 team after not getting any off season or even the 1st team
preseason practice time, yet again?

~ Did Elway play on a chitty loser team like the 2010/11 Broncos have been?

With the great passing, 7th year NFL Vet QB, the 2010/11 Broncos were 4-14.
With inaccurate Tebow, the 2010/11 Broncos have gone 3-3.
What an overrated loser that Tebow clown is, right? :angel:

DontBeMessin
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Hiding?

I dont respect you or Max, so I avoid talking to either of you because neither of you can make a coherent football post. I'm on the record on the podcast saying we'd beat you and why and how and, tada, that was exactly how we did.

So, please go.

I know you were - that is why I only will post back to those who are DIE HARD fans!!

I have been here eating Crow for over 7 years of most of it was us losing to you donkey bastards!!

I respect those who stand by their team through thick and thin! Now, when they win the forum is full of life and people are posting like they thought they have a snowball in hell. I said your Broncos did have a chance if you would run the ball and do it effectively!

Guess what? You did... and that gave you the game... Not relying on Turdblows arm!!

Gort
11-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Not relying on Turdblows arm!!

stay classy Oakland!

http://worstprofessorever.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/stay-classy-ron-burgundy.jpg

Rohirrim
11-07-2011, 12:18 PM
(John NEVER ran the ball like Tim can)

So, what you're saying is that Tebow would make a better RB than a QB?

There's already a thread for that. :~ohyah!:

TheReverend
11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I know you were - that is why I only will post back to those who are DIE HARD fans!!

I have been here eating Crow for over 7 years of most of it was us losing to you donkey bastards!!

I respect those who stand by their team through thick and thin! Now, when they win the forum is full of life and people are posting like they thought they have a snowball in hell. I said your Broncos did have a chance if you would run the ball and do it effectively!

Guess what? You did... and that gave you the game... Not relying on Turdblows arm!!

No one -- and I mean NO ONE -- cares.

broncocalijohn
11-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I always laugh when people get mad at your posts which are always pure fact. What does it say about someone's argument when they say out loud that they are upset by the facts and are going to ignore them.

Its actually kind of funny.

He gives the same dribble over and over. That is why he is on iggy on so many people's account (mine included). His posts are the same and long. When you iggy him, it shortens up the thread very nicely. Plus, anyone that thinks up a name for the Mane and then can't even spell it correctly, you got issues. BTW, was Alpha here last week when Tebow stunk it up?

baja
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
What a wad of weak sniveling excuses.

I'm going by starts, not rookie seasons, because the Bronco staff was to stupid to invest any time or real support in rookie Tebow.
They have, imoho, set Tebow back 2 seasons already with their group stupidity (and/or lack of guts).

Those weak College (SEC) players, both offense and defense, are the most drafted players of all the conferences,
many start as rookies with just their (non-existent) college talents in place.

Now, explain all the differences between 1983 and 2010 that made Elway so chitty as a rookie QB,
and Tim so much better. I can hardly wait to read this bs. (that, or just keep on talking out your azz)

~ Did Elway get preseason practice with the 1st team as a rookie?
(unlike Tebow in 2010, who only got 3 season ending cold starts on a 3-10 team)

~ Did Elway have a lock-out off season, EVER in his entire career, much less between his critical rookie and 2nd season?

~ Did Elway get thrown in cold on a chitty 1-4 team after not getting any off season or even the 1st team
preseason practice time, yet again?

~ Did Elway play on a chitty loser team like the 2010/11 Broncos have been?

With the great passing, 7th year NFL Vet QB, the 2010/11 Broncos were 4-14.
With inaccurate Tebow, the 2010/11 Broncos have gone 3-3.
What an overrated loser that Tebow clown is, right? :angel:

but but but he doesn't look the part of an NFL QB.

Drek
11-07-2011, 01:01 PM
If you agree that one minute he looks awesome and the next clueless, isn't that reason enough to stop doubting and just let history write itself?

Why be dubious when those rare awesome moments instantly make him the best QB option on our roster for the remainder of this season, and likely the best QB we'll have on the roster next season? We're a good enough team to be out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and even if Landry Jones and Matt Barkley each come out why wouldn't we assume a steep learning curve for each of them as well?

To further that point, who has more potential to be a difference maker on this club in two years, Tebow or Vaughn? Tebow or Goodman? Tebow or Mays? Tebow or any DT? Tebow or Dawkins?

Hell, how about Tebow or Beadles? Tebow or Franklin? Both of them have been wildly inconsistent from game to game just like Tebow and they spent all pre-season with the first team.

Tebow might not be the answer, but there's still a real chance he just might. We have bigger issues on this team than replacing guys before they prove themselves one way or the other.

Have you noticed that the team seems to have a whole lot more fight in them when Tebow is at QB though? I think suggesting that he single handedly puts the team on his shoulders and wills them to wins is about as ridiculous as the belief in the "personal God" theory. But he's definitely one hell of a motivator with a real ability to find a second gear on the football field. Until the lightning in that bottle is complete spent, should that ever happen, we need to ride with Tebow and let him show us what he's got.

edog24
11-07-2011, 01:05 PM

That we make your team out biotch every time you come to Oakland? I am glad...

You mullet having middle American Bronco fans make us a pretty penny on the streets of Oakland when you sell that fatback for bucks!!! We thank you every time you come!! The folks from San Fran come over in FLOCKS to get some of that midwest booty!

Glad you know your place biotch!!

NOW SWALLOW!!!

fontaine
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
The Broncos ran for 300 yards today, because of Tebow.
1. His running
2. His threat of running opening up lanes for Willis

The Broncos won today, because of Tebow

No they didn't.

The first half the OL was awful and Tebow spent more time on the ground than upright.

The 2nd half they gave him great pass protection and he played much much better.

It was the OL in the 2nd half that opened up huge lanes for McGahee, not Tebow. It was McGahee who cut back against the zone flow of the DL/OL, not Tebow, and it was awesome vision by McGahee to do so. In the first half the raiders DL did a good job of blocking out the zone plays without giving up lanes and McGahee was limited to 2/3 yards. It was in the 2nd half where he saw the front 7 selling out to do the same thing and he routinely cut back to the B/C gaps. That's all on McGahee, not Tebow.

Can we please stop assigned wins and losses all on Tebow? It doesn't work that way.

edog24
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
That we make your team out biotch every time you come to Oakland? I am glad...

You mullet having middle American Bronco fans make us a pretty penny on the streets of Oakland when you sell that fatback for bucks!!! We thank you every time you come!! The folks from San Fran come over in FLOCKS to get some of that midwest booty!

Glad you know your place biotch!!

NOW SWALLOW!!!

That's me quoting Don'tbemessin just for clarity. I didn't want my fellow fans thinking I went all raiders on our beloved troll.

edog24
11-07-2011, 01:12 PM
No they didn't.

The first half the OL was awful and Tebow spent more time on the ground than upright.

The 2nd half they gave him great pass protection and he played much much better.

Can we please stop assigned wins and losses all on Tebow? It doesn't work that way.

Agreed, the sencond half performance from the team as a whole was amazing.

broncocalijohn
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Well, Sassy canned the other thread, how about 0608 cans himself?

Sassy
11-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Agreed, the sencond half performance from the team as a whole was amazing.

Yes it was. It made Bronco fans wonder where they have been hiding our team all year.

OABB
So, what you're saying is that Tebow would make a better RB than a QB?

There's already a thread for that. :~ohyah!:

Sassy deleted it. I'm bummed too. It was a perfect anthropological example of why trying to argue logically with women is a waste of time. She was wrong and did the "that's how I feel" defense while ignoring the obvious fallacy in her argument.

Sassy
Well, Sassy canned the other thread, how about 0608 cans himself?

Yeah it was getting ridiculous...can't make a post other than saying what a great QB Tebow is without getting bashed around here.

Sassy
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Sassy deleted it. I'm bummed too. It was a perfect anthropological example of why trying to argue logically with women is a waste of time. She was wrong and did the "that's how I feel" defense while ignoring the obvious fallacy in her argument.

Hmmm how was I wrong?
I was trying to get opinions on the subject that's all.

Anyway...typical male...can't comprehend anything...which is why they usually never follow directions ;D

I'm done with subject. This isn't the thread for it.

fontaine
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM

No, no and again no.

Brady/Rogers do what they do because they have a solid OL in front of them and have played in the same base offense for years.

I think Brady was 10-0 in the playoffs before Al Wilson and John Lynch got a hold of him and took turns driving his face into the turf in our last playoff win.

They're great QBs no doubt, but they don't play great on their own. Tebow is going to be no different. If we see more games like the 1st half where the OL couldn't pick up a blitz to save their lives then Tebow will continue to have awful drives.

Mecklomaniac
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Have you noticed that the team seems to have a whole lot more fight in them when Tebow is at QB though? I think suggesting that he single handedly puts the team on his shoulders and wills them to wins is about as ridiculous as the belief in the "personal God" theory. But he's definitely one hell of a motivator with a real ability to find a second gear on the football field. Until the lightning in that bottle is complete spent, should that ever happen, we need to ride with Tebow and let him show us what he's got.

Tebow does seem to have a way of being a great motivator. It seems to work both ways though. Not only to guys seem to like to rally behind him and fight with him, but he motivates other teams to want to see him fail.

Not saying he has the talent of Elway, but his skills as a leader seem similar. It is also interesting to see the effect that all the media attention and hype has. Even before Elway proved his talent at the professional level, he was hated by opposing teams because of the hype. It was always fun watching guys like Brian Bozworth, who were so focused on Elway and laying him out with a cheap hit, that they lost focus on the game. Seems the Tebow hype could be doing the same thing.

Drek
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah it was getting ridiculous...can't make a post other than saying what a great QB Tebow is without getting bashed around here.

What possible context should anyone else take "Tebow would make a good RB, lets draft a QB in 2012!" than as something claiming Tebow can't play QB and should be replaced ASAP?

Drek
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Tebow does seem to have a way of being a great motivator. It seems to work both ways though. Not only to guys seem to like to rally behind him and fight with him, but he motivates other teams to want to see him fail.

The effect it has on other teams will diminish with time as the novelty and hype wear off. If he can keep the same second gear and if it continues to have the same motivational impact on the team after that then we'll have something special.

24champ
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
What possible context should anyone else take "Tebow would make a good RB, lets draft a QB in 2012!" than as something claiming Tebow can't play QB and should be replaced ASAP?

Not only that, but saying it right after the Broncos smashed their biggest rivals in their own house.

Makes zero sense.

OABB
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Hmmm how was I wrong?
I was trying to get opinions on the subject that's all.

Anyway...typical male...can't comprehend anything...which is why they usually never follow directions ;D

I'm done with subject. This isn't the thread for it.

well, the thread for discussing this was deleted by you, soooooo.........
here goes.

You posted a thread title and op in a way that was clearly trolling. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, but it IS trolling. If you were a man you would have stood by it and taken the heat for it. YOU pussed out. (this is an example of why pussed out is in our lexicon, and refers to a vagina btw.)

If you were a man, and by that I mean logical, you would see the obvious link between your post and the reactions to it. That's what us men refer to as "The english Language and the art of communicating clearly."

If you were a man, you would have
a) stood behind the trolling
or
b) seen the miscommunication and cleared it up immediately,

you did neither of these.

you denied the trolling and acted as if you innocently mistyped it because you were tired. Any married man, such as myself, can see that this is the patented women speak for "I know I was wrong, but can't "man up" to my mistake so I will deflect blame and turn it on you. Its "YOUR" fault you misunderstood me.

than YOU DELETED it because you got your ass handed to you which is another typical women thing, of knowing you are wrong and than just saying "thats how I feel" or "nevermind, it' over" and than running away.

way to push the women's movement back 25 years!

fontaine
11-07-2011, 01:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ep_CRKk1YGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The 2nd TD pass here is exactly what I'm talking about.

Raiders bring 6 to rush with one guy coming in late and the OL plus TE (hard to get a clear look at who, Clark?) pick up the rush, neutralize it and Tebow gets a nice 3 second pocket off a play action on a dropback and finds the open WR.

No gadget, no wildcat, no shotgun, no weird mechanics or throwing motion just the 6 blockers up front doing what they get paid to do in keeping the QB upright and Tebow delivers an accurate strike for an intermediate pass for a TD.

The raiders really stopped blitzing aggressively after that TD because they realized the OL was doing a better job and Tebow was being accurate.

It really is as simple as that, give any QB a decent pocket and single coverage on an over aggressive blitzing defense and the passing play wins.

I should know, it happened routinely to us for years when we had no pass rush.