PDA

View Full Version : Punt Return Duty

maven
11-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Royal or Decker. Can we please have them return punts the rest of the season?

RhymesayersDU
11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Disagree. Don't risk injury, we need them to catch the occasional catchable Tebow pass.

enjolras
11-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I kind of wonder if punt return by committee isn't the right answer. It shows a different pace and a different look on each return. I wouldn't mind a Cosby, Decker, Royal combo really.

maven
11-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Disagree. Don't risk injury, we need them to catch the occasional catchable Tebow pass.

They score TD's. Put one of them back there. That return was HUGE in this game. They are on the team. Use them.

RhymesayersDU
11-06-2011, 06:10 PM
They score TD's. Put one of them back there. That return was HUGE in this game. They are on the team. Use them.

They do?

Let's not have 1-game miracles determine what we do going forward.

Before today, Royal had that one great game against SD a couple years ago, that was it.

If they were legit, Hester-type returners who were true threats every time, I'd agree. They are not.

maven
11-06-2011, 06:15 PM
They do?

Let's not have 1-game miracles determine what we do going forward.

Before today, Royal had that one great game against SD a couple years ago, that was it.

If they were legit, Hester-type returners who were true threats every time, I'd agree. They are not.

They are always pulled to let someone else do returns.

barryr
11-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Royal has had his most contributions the last couple of years returning punts, so I would like to see him back there more.

maven
11-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Royal has had his most contributions the last couple of years returning punts, so I would like to see him back there more.

Give him the ****ing job!

:thumbs:

jebures
11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Cosby is slow and oh sooo unimpressive, he is basically useless. He is atleast sure handed back there.

maher_tyler
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Cosby is slow and oh sooo unimpressive, he is basically useless. He is atleast sure handed back there.

I'd like to see Royal get a shot a couple times a game. How good was the timing to put him back there though?

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Eddie Royal should be returning punts. He's better at that than playing receiver.

Jetmeck
11-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes your are right. Eddie has been worthless for the offense. Put him in for punt returns...............

broncosteven
11-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought there was one KR that if they would have had a real returner it could have gone all the way to the house. I wonder if the coaches saw it too and asked for the change.

Really though Eddie is a minor contributor as a WR, I say ride him at PR and hope to get out of him what he did today at WR.

We should cut Crosby and mine the practice squads for KR's.