Yeah, Moreno needs to just be cut.

Lance Ball > Moreno at this point.

That's sad...

maven
11-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Willis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KipCorrington25
McGahee brings a swagger that we've needed in the backfield for quite some time.

extralife
I really hope Willis can stick around long enough for us to be good, because he deserves to have some success with this team. The guy likes running the ball, he likes running it here, and he's killing guys. Run blocking today was pretty great as well.

GoHAM
11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Willis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What'chyou talking 'bout?

vonqkilla
Get away from the cops speed.

Unbelievable run. I want plates and screws in my hand too.

oubronco
They are definitely a different offense with McGahee running the ball

GoHAM
Love Willis!

i4jelway7
I loved when he saluted the oakland fans.. he is now my new fav bronco

Kaylore
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
McGahee with a busted hand was twice the running back Moreno has ever been.

MacGruder
He's way better than Moreno but don't forget Tebow in there.. Tebow's threat of running helps his runners big time...

Rohirrim
McGahee gets the game ball today. No doubt.

Jetmeck
I really hope Willis can stick around long enough for us to be good, because he deserves to have some success with this team. The guy likes running the ball, he likes running it here, and he's killing guys. Run blocking today was pretty great as well.

Plate in his hand with screws and McGahee says so what & runs the Faders into ther home turf..............the guy's a stud

Jetmeck
11-06-2011, 04:45 PM
He's way better than Moreno but don't forget Tebow in there.. Tebow's threat of running helps his runners big time...

Our boy did wit his legs and arm today. Somebody tell the media boys to go **** themselves for Tebow..............

Popps
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Love Willis. I hope we can get at least one more quality season out of him.

Don't hate Moreno, though. He's just got a different role, now. He'll end up being in good graces with the fans once people get over this idiotic notion that we need to hold a guy to his draft position for all of time.

Regardless, I love being able to run it down team's throats.

Wonder if the "inept" staff will get any credit for bringing him in?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM

Yep.

That was like the Broncos running game of old.

Hope it continues. :thumbs:

Que
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Great team win today. McGahee looked incredible. Vonn is a beast. Champ with two picks and Royal even showing up big time. Nice game by Tim - looks like the game is slowing down a bit.

strafen
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Don't hate Moreno, though. He's just got a different role, now. He'll end up being in good graces with the fans once people get over this idiotic notion that we need to hold a guy to his draft position for all of time.

Wonder if the "inept" staff will get any credit for bringing him in?Have you ever had the balls to admit you've been wrong before?
I know, it takes a man with a set to do that...

cabronco
11-06-2011, 04:51 PM
McGahee is nails, he was carrying tacklers picking up extra yards. Having seen that since Mike Anderson. Salute !

yerner
Willis and Von won the game today. Feel good stuff.

Br0nc0Buster
Great team win today. McGahee looked incredible. Vonn is a beast. Champ with two picks and Royal even showing up big time. Nice game by Tim - looks like the game is slowing down a bit.

well said
it feels seeing an effective rushing offense for once

Willis was a great signing, so glad we went for him and did not overpay for Deangelo Willimas

Popps
11-06-2011, 04:54 PM
McGahee is nails, he was carrying tacklers picking up extra yards. Having seen that since Mike Anderson. Salute !

Yup, and the Salute in Oakland, no less. Absolutely love it.

We've got a nice RB corps when they're all healthy. I wouldn't mind seeing us take a stab in the late rounds on a speedster, though. (Sproles type.)

Broncomutt
11-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Love McGahee's running style. Keep Slowshon on the bench please.

Al Wilson
11-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Great pickup by Elway. Gotta give Elway credit, he made some great pickups, and had a good draft. The future is definitely bright with potential on defense and offense.

Que
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
well said
it feels seeing an effective rushing offense for once

Willis was a great signing, so glad we went for him and did not overpay for Deangelo Willimas

Ya we totally won on value with Willis. Plus, the guy is a gamer...

So nice to have a rush.

Gort
11-06-2011, 05:02 PM

yeah. he's Mike Anderson 2.0.

Moreno is just not cut out to be a feature back in this league. he's great catching passes out of the backfield though, so he has value, but so long as McGahee is on the active roster, he should be getting most of the carries.

Play2win
11-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Like I said before, it is so nice to watch a real NFL RB run the ball again for Denver. Great stuff.

gyldenlove
11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Willis Mcgahee absolutely dicksmacked the Raiders with his undoubtedly enormous genetalia in the 2nd half, in the 1st half not much happened but holy hell in the 2nd half.

R8R H8R
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I think Mcgahee should get a game ball just for not fumbling the ball. I was holding my breath every time he ran into a crowd, but he held on, broken hand and all, so good for him. :yayaya:

Shananahan
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't feel like starting another thread, but how much do you think Michael Bush is going to cost? I forget the new franchise tag rules, but Bush is the first free-agent RB I can remember that I wouldn't mind handing a solid contract to.

Bush and McGahee with Moreno on screens and 3rd downs would be fun to watch, and perfect for thing offense thing Fox wants to do.

extralife
11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, I would be all for giving Bush a contract. Said it before this season (and I really REALLY didn't want McGahee: I am stupid, Willis I love you), said it in the other thread today, will say it in June.

barryr
11-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I remember how many did not like his signing and thought he was washed up. He is running great and running very hard every time he touches the ball.

LRtagger
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
It was awesome when they panned to him on the sideline and he said "**** them" obviously talking about the raider fans he just got done mocking

DB-Freak
11-06-2011, 05:31 PM
It's sad he won't be here long term.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't feel like starting another thread, but how much do you think Michael Bush is going to cost? I forget the new franchise tag rules, but Bush is the first free-agent RB I can remember that I wouldn't mind handing a solid contract to.

Bush and McGahee with Moreno on screens and 3rd downs would be fun to watch, and perfect for thing offense thing Fox wants to do.

Bush would be a nice acquisition, and would mean we wouldn't need to draft a RB next draft, but he's going to be a hot commodity. We haven't been very competitive when it comes to big demand FAs so I'm not optimistic.

snowspot66
11-06-2011, 05:33 PM

I'm really hoping McFadden will get healthy and take carries away from Bush. Will drive his price down and give him incentive to leave Oakland. Would love to get him on our side.

extralife
11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
McFadden coming back isn't going to drive Bush's price down. He's the backup RB, people know what he can do, they see him as a feature back. It's the Micheal Turner rule.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
It's sad he won't be here long term.

Watching him play, I'm honestly puzzled why he hasn't been better throughout his career. The guy is a stud for us right now. How has he not been a top back for other teams the last few years?

DB-Freak
11-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Watching him play, I'm honestly puzzled why he hasn't been better throughout his career. The guy is a stud for us right now. How has he not been a top back for other teams the last few years?

Don't know. I know he did not like playing for the bills, but he had a couple of very good seasons before he came to us.

I know he was a tremendous talent for The U before he got his knee demolished.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Don't know. I know he did not like playing for the bills, but he had a couple of very good seasons before he came to us.

I'm guessing Fox's run scheme just suits him better than the power schemes he's played in up until this point. That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.

UberBroncoMan
11-06-2011, 05:42 PM

He used to be sub 4.4 speed before that nasty tackle I believe. His college stats shat all over Knowshon's too.

snowspot66
11-06-2011, 05:43 PM
McFadden coming back isn't going to drive Bush's price down. He's the backup RB, people know what he can do, they see him as a feature back. It's the Micheal Turner rule.

Turner got big money but it wasn't Tomlinson or Peterson money. That's what I'm hoping for.

Agamemnon
He used to be sub 4.4 speed before that nasty tackle I believe. His college stats shat all over Knowshon's too.

He's still a 4.5 guy based off that 60-yarder he had today, at least as far as I can tell.

gyldenlove

Less than Michael Turner, more than Reggie Bush. I would guess you can get him for 5 years, 30 million with 12 guaranteed, the Raiders have Mcfadden and I just don't think they will put that much money into a backup RB.

ward63
11-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I love the guy! Tough as nails!

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Less than Michael Turner, more than Reggie Bush. I would guess you can get him for 5 years, 30 million with 12 guaranteed, the Raiders have Mcfadden and I just don't think they will put that much money into a backup RB.

I hoep you are right, and the Broncos pull the trigger. That would be a nice move.

DB-Freak
11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/players/1208.html

Old scouting report.

POSITIVES: Explosive ball handler with tremendous running skills. Displays vision, finds the running lanes and makes defenders miss anywhere on the field. Sets up and follows blocks, keeps moving up the field, working to pick up as much yardage as possible. Slides off defenders, breaks tackles and stays on his feet, bouncing off piles, then moving to the outside. Has a burst of speed and skills in the open field. Quick first step and change of direction, and displays elusiveness. Falls forward when tackled picking up the extra yardage. Solid pass catcher out of the backfield making plays deep into the secondary or turns short screens into long gains.

NEGATIVES: Still developing as a football player and only the feature runner for a single season. The knee injury suffered last January was horrendous and may not be ready to play this September.

ANALYSIS: A gifted runner but major risk anyway you cut it. Working through a long rehabilitation process and may suffer the consequences if he rushes back too early. Reportedly made statements that he would sit out the 2003 season voluntarily were he not selected in the early portions of the draft. At the top of his game, a complete ball carrier worthy of a top five choice, but may fall late into the first day based on the events from last January.

LRtagger
11-06-2011, 05:55 PM
His college stats shat all over Knowshon's too.

http://media.nscdn.com/uploads/cache/images/1248850229-808502-533x594-1248835797Watermelon_lol_wut.jpg

Might want to check those college stats again sportsfan.

baja
11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
When you saw that injury he sustained at the U did you ever think he would have a 9 year and counting career in the NFL?

Gutless Drunk
11-06-2011, 07:37 PM

K. Moreno - Car 2 Yards 4

K. Moreno - Rec 2 Yards 4

Looks like his new role is no role. I'd hold this production against a 4th rounder, much less a 1st.

Bronco Yoda
11-06-2011, 07:44 PM

I agree.

With a broken hand no less.

Just awesome.

Bronco Yoda
11-06-2011, 07:49 PM

I told you from the start he wasn't starting material. just saying...

HooptyHoops
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
McGahee made the hard runs for 2 or 3 yards...never ran backwards.....and then I'm sure he absolutely loved those nice long runs through those gaping holes in the 4th quarter!!

bronco militia
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyVtmOiRSeI?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyVtmOiRSeI?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Gort
11-06-2011, 08:09 PM
looks like somebody uploaded McGahee's 2nd TD to youtube already. the extra footage shows McGahee mouthing "f them" when asked about Raiders fans. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8-WlBVzsWC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hamrob
11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
What a pleasure watching him run as compared to morenoAgreed...even Ball gets up field better.

It's like Moreno ****s in his pants each time he catches the ball or gets the handoff. It's amazing how pathetic he looks. I can't believe we took him at #12.

MABroncoFan
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
McGahee hasn't gotten a heavy workload since 2007, so hopefully he has at least a couple of good years left.

TheChamp24
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Can the Moreno fanboys shut their traps now finally?
McGahee with a broken hand was an absolute beast out there, and heck Lance Ball looked better than Moreno.

ghostofjosh
11-07-2011, 02:52 AM
McGahee hasn't gotten a heavy workload since 2007, so hopefully he has at least a couple of good years left.

Was thinking the same thing

The Joker
11-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Singlehandedly won me my fantasy game this weekend.

Broncoman13
11-07-2011, 03:38 AM
McGahee is running great, but there is about a two year window for him to keep this going AND when he is missing from the lineup our running game really takes a step backward, quite literally with Moreno. Need another back for next year. I would be in favor of Michael Bush, Tolbert, Hillis, or drafting Richardson. We need DBs in a bad way too. Richardson will be a top 10 pick, as will Kirkpatrick. At 6'3 (probably closer to 6'2), Kirkpatrick offers the size needed to match up with guys like Jackson, Bowe, Baldwin, and Gates.

Any way you slice it, another RB is greatly needed.

Also, congrats to Eddie Royal, best game he has had since the SD game he had the two returns in.

The Joker
11-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Immediately realised what a good pun that was the moment I posted it ^^^

Anyway, great to see a back running with authority out there for us, it's been too long. Hopefully we can get another good year out of him next season, I fully expect we'll be spending a high pick on a back of the future in the next draft, I really think Trent Richardson has a great shot at being a Bronco, especially if we win a few more games and don't have a top 5 pick. If we could have McGahee to split the load with him in his rookie year that could be an immense rushing attack.

If not him there should be other good options in the middle rounds, too. As others have said, I'd love to see Michael Bush carrying the ball for us if his price tag isn't too steep.

As for Moreno, I've finally given up on the guy as a feature back. Never thought he could be a great runner, but I thought he could be a hell of a lot better than this. That said, I still think he has a role to play on this team and I'll never understand why people just want to be rid of him just because we spent a high pick on him. As a 3rd down back who can play a bit of receiver he still has some value, especially with us using the spread formation a lot.

Drek
11-07-2011, 03:51 AM
Can the Moreno fanboys shut their traps now finally?
McGahee with a broken hand was an absolute beast out there, and heck Lance Ball looked better than Moreno.

Moreno never gets the ball so how exactly is he going to produce?

He was a solid starting back the last two years behind worse OLs than this one. Acting like he's a complete waste we should just cut is outright stupid. We still need more play makers on this team, no point throwing a guy away who has shown the ability to be a solid player in this league.

Our staff should be developing him into a Danny Woodhead/Kevin Faulk type, not just leaving him on the bench because they don't like how he runs between the tackles.

fontaine
11-07-2011, 05:09 AM

He was a solid starting back the last two years behind worse OLs than this one. Acting like he's a complete waste we should just cut is outright stupid. We still need more play makers on this team, no point throwing a guy away who has shown the ability to be a solid player in this league.

Our staff should be developing him into a Danny Woodhead/Kevin Faulk type, not just leaving him on the bench because they don't like how he runs between the tackles.

McDaniels drafted the next Lawrence Maroney in Moreno. He's a wasted draft pick that's completely replaceable.

He was replaced by McGahee, and now he's being replaced by Lance Ball.

Jay3
11-07-2011, 05:22 AM
McGahee is awesome. I think he shows how much a good running back is needed for the Broncos with the Fox/run emphasis.

Tebow's development may be more important for this reason -- it would be nice if the Broncos could take a franchise RB next year if they are picking 10+.

fontaine
11-07-2011, 05:30 AM
McGahee is awesome. I think he shows how much a good running back is needed for the Broncos with the Fox/run emphasis.

Tebow's development may be more important for this reason -- it would be nice if the Broncos could take a franchise RB next year if they are picking 10+.

Why not just pick up another veteran with good vision? McGahee's going to be productive for another one or two seasons and Moreno/Ball are still under contract.

I'd hate to spend a 1st round pick on a RB that's only going to take carries away from McGahee.

Michael Bush is available and would be interesting in this offense.

Hulamau
11-07-2011, 05:43 AM
They are definitely a different offense with McGahee running the ball

Yep we really missed him last week, would have kept the Lions D line guessing and given Tim more breathing room for sure. Would have at the least made for a lot closer contest I imagine.

strafen
11-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Hillis never gets the ball so how exactly is he going to produce?

Our staff should be developing him into a Mike Alstott type, not just leaving him on the bench because McDaniels doesn't like him.Fixed!

Funny you've said that.
Now you understand what I was saying during McDaniels first year.
I knew that if it can make your point, you have the ability to reason.

bowtown
11-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Fixed!

Funny you've said that.
Now you understand what I was saying during McDaniels first year.
I knew that if it can make your point, you have the ability to reason.

Pssssst... Hillis isn't getting the ball now either.

TheChamp24
11-07-2011, 07:01 AM

Moreno doesn't get the ball because he rarely produces. Every handoff he freakin dances, and you won't get on the field dancing in the running game.

TNF
11-07-2011, 07:27 AM
I had never seen this before. Damn, it's like Shaun Livingston's injury.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A9-KkUH8yt8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A9-KkUH8yt8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Marshall Dumervil
11-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Anyone have a clip of Mcgahee blowing that guy up on the final drive? That was awesome, I'd like to see it again.

DrFate
11-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Looks like his new role is no role. I'd hold this production against a 4th rounder, much less a 1st.

He'll get cut in the off-season and we shan't speak his name again

Play2win
11-07-2011, 07:47 AM
If you look at McGahee's complete game, I get TD flashbacks. He pounded it up the middle (body shots to the _aider D), then late in the 3rd and 4th quarter, he took over.

Good burst, tough running, GREAT VISION, and when he got clear, he made the most of it for long runs.

Requiem
11-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I was always a supporter of McGahee. He has always produced and was a very effective compliment to Ray Rice starting in 2009 when Lil Ray took over. I never got why people hated on the signing.

Without a doubt, the Broncos need to seek an additional runner in free agency or the draft. I'm not too impressed with free agency. I don't like the RB1's that are potential members because they have done squat this year and the only RB2 who I would even consider would be Michael Bush.

The senior class of RB is pretty mediocre, if I could have one back from the Seniors it would be Vick Ballard, but if some high class underclassmen come out the Broncos would be apt to consider them with their second or third selection. I just don't think the new rookie wage scale is going to give incentive for a lot of guys who are judged in those rounds to come out early, so we might be in a bit of a pickle on a quality young back. 2013 draft is poised to be stellar at it though if we were to wait.

jhns
11-07-2011, 08:02 AM
This front office seems to be good at picking up talent. I really like the first offseason.

baja
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
This front office seems to be good at picking up talent. I really like the first offseason.

they are also good at dumping talent.

Lolad
11-07-2011, 09:18 AM
What Moreno lacks is PATIENCE! he is too quick to hit a non-existent hole then he turns his back and trips and falls. You can't teach patience, either you have it or don't and he clearly doesn't.

Kaylore
11-07-2011, 09:45 AM
What Moreno lacks is PATIENCE! he is too quick to hit a non-existent hole then he turns his back and trips and falls. You can't teach patience, either you have it or don't and he clearly doesn't.

Actually you can teach patience. You can't teach the vision to see it though...

BroncoBen
11-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Why not just pick up another veteran with good vision? McGahee's going to be productive for another one or two seasons and Moreno/Ball are still under contract.

I'd hate to spend a 1st round pick on a RB that's only going to take carries away from McGahee.

Michael Bush is available and would be interesting in this offense.

Because if the McGahee goes down the Broncos are Fuc$5#... a free agent would cost too much money, its better to draft a running back.. maybe not in the first round but in the 2nd or 3rd.

Lolad
11-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Actually you can teach patience. You can't teach the vision to see it though...

I think Moreno on a lot of occasions sees a hole when he's already committed, then he tries to change directions slips and falls.

Bronco Yoda
11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
McGahee is running great, but there is about a two year window for him to keep this going AND when he is missing from the lineup our running game really takes a step backward, quite literally with Moreno. Need another back for next year. I would be in favor of Michael Bush, Tolbert, Hillis, or drafting Richardson. We need DBs in a bad way too. Richardson will be a top 10 pick, as will Kirkpatrick. At 6'3 (probably closer to 6'2), Kirkpatrick offers the size needed to match up with guys like Jackson, Bowe, Baldwin, and Gates.

Any way you slice it, another RB is greatly needed.

Also, congrats to Eddie Royal, best game he has had since the SD game he had the two returns in.

Royals out of my doghouse for at least one week.

oubronco
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Without McGahee we don't win that game.........Period

Bronco Yoda
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
True. He gets my game ball.

strafen
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Without McGahee we don't win that game.........PeriodImagine, Orton and McGahee. We would be undefeated, right?
Let's not give Tebow any credit, moron!

OrangeCrush2724
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
To think the UM backfield once consisted of Portis, McGahee, Gore, and Davenport in 2001 is crazy.

Play2win
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Imagine, Orton and McGahee. We would be undefeated, right?

very astute line of reasoning.

oubronco
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Imagine, Orton and McGahee. We would be undefeated, right?

Good grief your a moron! Where the hell did I say anything about Orton or your buttbuddy?

I'm giving McGahee his props for kicking some ass

hookemhess
11-07-2011, 02:17 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8EPpaPQ3Ens?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8EPpaPQ3Ens?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>