PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout that offensive line?

Kaylore
11-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Way to go! Our boys didn't always look awesome, but as the game wore on, they were the better men. :thumbs:

RhymesayersDU
11-06-2011, 04:25 PM
The end of game was impressive. Clady is a concern, but end of game rushing was real nice, and it starts up there.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Clady has some serious issues, props to the rest of the line, though. Great work on those shotgun draws/zone read plays.

Walton had a great block on that run at the end of the 3rd quarter and the Big Sexy (Kupe) had a very good game as well.

vonqkilla
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah!!!

Garcia Bronco
11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
still lookin shady for 60 minutes, but a great performance. Well done.

gyldenlove
11-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Clady seems to have lost his quickness in pass protection, he gives up so much ground he ends up having to hold - Walton is coming into his own, he was solid all day and had some really good blocks in the run game. Franklin is still a concern in the pass play but when they max protect to his side with a TE things look better.

300 rushing yards, that is amazing.

snowspot66
11-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Boy we needed that. Third quarter came around they gave Tebow some time to throw and he started hitting guys. Then they blow it wide open for McGahee not once but twice. Excellent half for them.

fontaine
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
The OL was awful in the 1st half. Just putrid.

Whatever happened in the half worked because they dominated the front 7 in the last two quarters.

Just awesome play.

Vegas_Bronco
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
excellent turn around...whoever chewed azz at the half did an effective half azzed job.

Bronco Yoda
11-06-2011, 04:32 PM
What's up with Clady?

He now leads the league in holding... I'm concerned.

theAPAOps5
11-06-2011, 04:33 PM
It was a tale of two lines for sure. Great job, Kuper looks to be the strongest of them all. Clady, man he has stepped back.

barryr
11-06-2011, 04:33 PM
The interior of the OL was the most impressive today. Clady is showing that he is a good OT, but not elite.

go_broncos
11-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Hopefully, Tebow develops at a faster rate..We have so many needs to fill..

DB-Freak
11-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Clady has some serious issues, props to the rest of the line, though. Great work on those shotgun draws/zone read plays.

Walton had a great block on that run at the end of the 3rd quarter and the Big Sexy (Kupe) had a very good game as well.

What is wrong with our Franchise LT? You still think he's still recovering from the injury... or there's more to it.

P.S.
300+ pound linemen should not be playing basketball. It's just not smart.

snowspot66
The interior of the OL was the most impressive today. Clady is showing that he is a good OT, but not elite.

I wonder if his strength is back yet from the knee injury. A guy that big it probably takes a while.

Agamemnon
Way to go! Our boys didn't always look awesome, but as the game wore on, they were the better men. :thumbs:

In run blocking they were awesome. In pass blocking, not so much...

snowspot66
11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Hopefully, Tebow develops at a faster rate..We have so many needs to fill..

If he gets protection like he did in the third (not great but much improved, adequate even) I think we'll start to see larger steps week to week. It wasn't a fantastic game throwing from him but I think we can all agree it was much improved. Significant reduction in WTF throws and a lot of well delivered balls in the face of serious pressure at times. A few throw aways and a drop or two account for about half of the incompletions (and only two horrible throws that I can remember). A significant improvement over the last two weeks.

My only disappointment in the late game was that everybody did such an awesome job run blocking we didn't get to see Tebow throw a single pass for the last 20 minutes. I wanted to see if he could keep building on the success he was starting to have.

Vegas_Bronco
11-06-2011, 04:41 PM
In run blocking they were awesome. In pass blocking, not so much...

Tebow started calling out blocks for the rb which helped tremendously. Also wr in motion came in to block also.

Both of these are tremendous signs that McCoy is actually learning to make adjustments during the game.

Garcia Bronco
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Men don't refer to each other as big sexy.

extralife
I wonder if his strength is back yet from the knee injury. A guy that big it probably takes a while.

He's not coming back from it. We knew it when it happened. What you see right now is what you're going to get out of Ryan Clady.

extralife
Men don't refer to each other as big sexy.

you'll get over it.

snowspot66
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
He's not coming back from it. We knew it when it happened. What you see right now is what you're going to get out of Ryan Clady.

I think one more year will help him. Solid left tackle play would help too. He'll probably never be the wall he was in 2008 but he'll still be good.

Kaylore
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM
This coaching staff has actually done a very good job of making this a formidable running game. Where still a few pieces and offseasons from where we need to be, but all you have to do is compare to last year or even compare to the first game to now and it is light years better. Tebow is a big factor in that obviously, but the line IS playing better and better.

OBF1
11-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Clady needs to make a visit to balco or to Sylvester Stallones house to get some HGH or something.

oubronco
11-06-2011, 04:48 PM
300 yds rushing......Enough said

edog24
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Great 4th quarter performance.

Popps
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Spotty day, but the line stepped up when it counted. Franklin did a better job in protection. Did they get him help today? Anyone notice? Tough to take note of much when watching the game with a 5 year old.

I'd still be fine with spending our #1 on an elite tackle... move Franklin over, and you're looking at a top-flight OL.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
11-06-2011, 04:51 PM
The run blocking was phenomenal today... but the passing protection needs to get a lot better.

They're still really bad at picking up blitz's... teams usually don't send more players than OL against us yet there is always someone running free at the QB.

Lycan
11-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Our O-line went into beast mode at the end there.

Did the Raiders stop putting 8 in the box after Tebow got heated up a bit or was the O-line just that good?

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
This coaching staff has actually done a very good job of making this a formidable running game. Where still a few pieces and offseasons from where we need to be, but all you have to do is compare to last year or even compare to the first game to now and it is light years better. Tebow is a big factor in that obviously, but the line IS playing better and better.

They're going to have to find a long-term replacement for McGahee to sustain their success. They also need to improve their o-line depth and pass protection. I won't be surprised by an OT or a RB in the 1st round next draft.

extralife
11-06-2011, 04:53 PM
They're going to have to find a long-term replacement for McGahee to sustain their success.

The guy that was on the other sideline, please.

baja
11-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Run blocking was good but a lot of thoe runs were on the raiders D

Tebow is going to be a great wild card for us

the pass protection still needs work lots of work.

vonqkilla
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Spread option threat of TT run was killing the Raider contain olb.

snowspot66
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Spotty day, but the line stepped up when it counted. Franklin did a better job in protection. Did they get him help today? Anyone notice? Tough to take note of much when watching the game with a 5 year old.

I'd still be fine with spending our #1 on an elite tackle... move Franklin over, and you're looking at a top-flight OL.

I would be on board with that any day of the week. We aren't getting Luck so let's just build the team and ride the Tebow train to wherever the tracks go for the time being.

Drek
11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I would be on board with that any day of the week. We aren't getting Luck so let's just build the team and ride the Tebow train to wherever the tracks go for the time being.

Yep. Bump Franklin in to LG, add another elite OT talent in the first, add interior depth in the 3rd or 4th round. Let the rookie battle with Beadles for RT. If he wins (very likely) the job then Beadles is an excellent super sub and we bring a young 2nd option up on the bench over time. That way we have depth and are ready for injuries, with young talent across the board.

Ziggy
11-06-2011, 05:04 PM
JD Walton has made huge progress this season. He's my mid season Most Improved Player for the Broncos.

ward63
11-06-2011, 05:10 PM
I feel that the lockout has hurt Clady almost as much as Tebow. That knee is not fully healed b/c his feet do not look right. As for Tebow, he keeps getting better. Missed some open guys, but didn't mess up and played well. As for the rest of the o-line...I can't say anything bad really about them. They played very well! Keep it up men!

Jay3
11-06-2011, 05:10 PM
They looked like a bunch of road graders in the 4th quarter.

Jay3
11-06-2011, 05:11 PM

I think all of them were on the Raiders D.

TotallyScrewed
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM

Tebow is going to be a great wild card for us

the pass protection still needs work lots of work.

This is what I saw. There were huge gaps and fubars by the Oakland defense. That, and running Tebow wide, punched the Raiders in the mouth.

The pass pro. is so weak I don't know why they wouldn't move the pocket or run the sprint out 50%+, regardless of under center or shotgun.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
This is what I saw. There were huge gaps and fubars by the Oakland defense. That, and running Tebow wide, punched the Raiders in the mouth.

When a team runs for 300 yards in a game it's generally partly the result of poor defensive play. This isn't news.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
I think all of them were on the Raiders D.

Of course they were. Doesn't mean that the Broncos run offense didn't do great today as well. It takes both to get 300 yards rushing.

broncosteven
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM

Cough,cough...sodomy...cough

I liked that they got more physical as the game wore on.
Clady struggled in the 1st half but did seem to get better in the 2nd.

Nice to see them maul a team on the road.

Hope they can do it again next week.

TotallyScrewed
11-06-2011, 06:31 PM
When a team runs for 300 yards in a game it's generally partly the result of poor defensive play. This isn't news.

I didn't say: Standby for News.

I just said - This is what I saw...agreeing with Baja.

The other thing I witnessed was much better Tim Tebow play. Is that because Tebow played better or that Oakland sucks?

Bronx33
11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Ya know what they did start out rough but as the game went on they really never gave up.

baja
11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I didn't say: Standby for News.

I just said - This is what I saw...agreeing with Baja.

The other thing I witnessed was much better Tim Tebow play. Is that because Tebow played better or that Oakland sucks?

He also missed the other poster's joke. Poster said yes the runs were all on Oakland's D meaning they were not on another teams D ha ha...

So Armageddon is batting zero

Play2win
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
We definitely were pressing the edges.

I think that might be part of the run stategy. Really stretch the edges (Tebow's abilities help do this a lot), then run it up the gut. Outside... inside... outside... inside...

I think it wore down/confused _aiders defense.

Bronx33
11-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Tebow ran for 117 yards lol!

Bronco Yoda
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Amazing what you can do when Moreno isn't there isn't it. Are there any Moreno fanboys left?

vonqkilla
11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
How long before Terrell Pryor takes over for Palmer? Lol . That guy got rocked!!

barryr
11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Amazing what you can do when Moreno isn't there isn't it. Are there any Moreno fanboys left?

Nope, though I think he still has value in the passing game, but he reminds me of Gerald Willhite running between the tackles by falling down before getting hit. Willhite was also better as a receiver out of the backfield than as a runner.

Garcia Bronco
11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Nope, though I think he still has value in the passing game, but he reminds me of Gerald Willhite running between the tackles by falling down before getting hit. Willhite was also better as a receiver out of the backfield than as a runner.

Moreno needs to be used this way and I don't understand why they keep hammering that square peg in that round hole.

cabronco
11-06-2011, 07:05 PM
The 1st half both lines struggled. Finally we had some good halftime adjustments. The OL run game was alot better in 2nd half, even pass pro, though they still had some issues. The run def. was like night & day, 2nd half they were stuffing & containing bush and getting to Palmer. The secondary is worry some. Goodman is not so good. Boy do we need a corner, prolly 2. I was wondering why they wouldnt put in Royal for PR, and sure enuff they did and Eddie goes house.

broncosteven
11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Moreno needs to be used this way and I don't understand why they keep hammering that square peg in that round hole.

KM just needs to go away, tired of watching him take a step or 2 backwards and try to run around guys rather than power through them.

He did that at least twice, the other times he was too busy going down on 1st contact.

hambone13
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Clady was recruited for his feet, not his braun. He's not a smash mouth O-Lineman. Frankly, he's kind of a softy. It sucks to say but wheels don't make muscle tough. He's kind of a b****.

Kaylore
11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Clady was recruited for his feet, not his braun. He's not a smash mouth O-Lineman. Frankly, he's kind of a softy. It sucks to say but wheels don't make muscle tough. He's kind of a b****.

We do have some issues to sort out, obviously. But with little to no camp and a lot of very young players we are getting better.

Durango
11-06-2011, 10:52 PM
The run blocking has been pretty good all season, although Franklin has made some rookie mistakes to be expected.

The pass protection is what worried me early, with Walton and Beadles collapsing into the pocket on what seemed like every single play. The staff seems to have worked some of the kinks out of that, but there's still quite a ways to go in the passing game.

Franklin would be a monster at guard, but he's serviceable and improving at RT.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 11:34 PM
The secondary is worry some. Goodman is not so good. Boy do we need a corner, prolly 2.

Corner is a massive need right now. We have Champ and nobody else. We probably need to pick up a solid FA and draft a guy in the first two rounds to even begin to address the misery that is our corner situation.

hambone13
11-07-2011, 02:09 AM
We do have some issues to sort out, obviously. But with little to no camp and a lot of very young players we are getting better.

Clady should be leading right now and he's not. I just don't think he has the heart. He has natural size and talent but he doen't have the game-time means streak. Perhaps the right coaching could make that change but seriously, at LT with a left hand QB and he's leading the league in holding penalties? Even after that critical penalty today early in the game, he had not emotion. He just slotthed his way over, BeBe style to the next play. Weak.

Maybe it's a function of coaching. The young guys get no respect from Fox, etc. I don't know but it's lame. We need enthusiasm. Tebow brings that on the field but we need some coaching that continues it on the practice field and in the minds of the players. There's too much drama with Tebow....we need a voice from the house.

One way or the other, it was a great win this week. I was standing and screaming at the TV like I haven't been in ages but it is Oakland and they handed us the game in penalties. Can't wait to hear your Podcast. Later.

J

gyldenlove
11-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I think it has be brought up, Richard Seymour, he has been playing like an all-pro this year and he went against Clady and Beadles yesterday and he had more success against Clady than he did against Beadles, which is interesting, I would have expected him to dominate Beadles.

Kaylore
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
I will not be doing the podcast again this week.