PDA

View Full Version : I think

Mogulseeker
11-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Rodney Stewart would make a great compliment to the powerback McGahee and the blocker/receiving back Moreno in the Broncos backfield.

CU sucks, but I think Stewart looks like he could be a Warrick Dunn type in the NFL.

NFLBRONCO
11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I'd love it but, it seems not to fit a Fox type RB.

Mogulseeker
11-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Well, I'm sold that Barkley could be a great NFL QB now...

BroncoMan4ever
11-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Rodney Stewart would make a great compliment to the powerback McGahee and the blocker/receiving back Moreno in the Broncos backfield.

CU sucks, but I think Stewart looks like he could be a Warrick Dunn type in the NFL.

if Fox brings in a new RB it is going to be someone built like 6ft and 220+ lbs. that tends to be the type of backs he goes for. he likes the bigger more physical runners to the smaller speedsters.

i still think Fannin has a good shot at being that guy if he can come back from his injury.

broncocalijohn
11-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Well, I'm sold that Barkley could be a great NFL QB now...

As an SC fan, I was one of his biggest critics here but the ND and Stanford game has really shown that he has matured. I liked what he could do in the first 3 quarters but it was his lack of the 4th quarter aggression that made me sold that he needed to stay at SC. I bet even Champ24 would have to agree to some point that he has made huge strides. Even if he continued to stink in the 4th, maybe have him play the first 3 for us and then have Tebow come in for the 4th. :yayaya:

HAT
11-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Barko > Luck

broncocalijohn
11-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Barko > Luck

NO! You are wrong again.

cutthemdown
11-04-2011, 11:30 PM

You really think Moreno will be on the team next yr without some really good play over the rest of the yr? Magahee was probably a 1yr stop gap just like we all thought when he was signed. Broncos will be looking for a lead back and maybe a whole new rent a vet in FA IMO. I wouldn't miss Moreno that is for sure.

cutthemdown
11-04-2011, 11:43 PM
The only skill players for sure in Broncos plans are Decker and Demaryius Thomas, probably the young TE even though they haven't shown much. Guys like Moreno, Royal, Magahee could end up gone. I mean is anyone really impressed with Royal?

razorwire77
11-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Give me Ronnie Hillman at the bottom of the 2nd or top of the 3rd round.

Rolandftw
11-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Barko > Luck

Dunno about that. But I would suspect the drop off from Luck to Barkley is not as large as a lot of experts think. The difference between Barkley and Jones is wider.

sgbfan
11-05-2011, 01:37 AM
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/rod-stewart-and-son__oPt.jpg

He's gotta learn to tuck it in tighter or he's going to fumble a lot.

McDman
11-05-2011, 01:59 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OIlHt_syoSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

andre
11-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Barko > Luck

You are right

Broncoman13
11-05-2011, 03:43 AM

I see him growing into a Darren Sproles type. I would definitely throw him a look in the 4th round.

bowtown
11-05-2011, 06:19 AM
if Fox brings in a new RB it is going to be someone built like 6ft and 220+ lbs. that tends to be the type of backs he goes for. he likes the bigger more physical runners to the smaller speedsters.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/will_carroll/11/18/nfl-fantasy-injuries/deangelo-williams4.jpg

Wut?

strafen
11-05-2011, 08:06 AM
You are rightReally?
I would think Luck's jersey will cost more than Barkley's, imo

strafen
11-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Dunno about that. But I would suspect the drop off from Luck to Barkley is not as large as a lot of experts think. The difference between Barkley and Jones is wider.I wouldn't mind Barkley.
A lot of people are all over Luck, but Barkley is just as good of a QB.
He doesn't get all the publicity Luck gets, but I guarantee you, Barkley will be big time...
Our chances of getting Luck are slim as of this week, standings, W/L record and what not, but we could land Barkley.

broncocalijohn
11-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Really?
I would think Luck's jersey will cost more than Barkley's, imo

This is really ****ing funny if you read the fake jersey thread.

Mogulseeker
11-05-2011, 09:13 AM
You really think Moreno will be on the team next yr without some really good play over the rest of the yr? Magahee was probably a 1yr stop gap just like we all thought when he was signed. Broncos will be looking for a lead back and maybe a whole new rent a vet in FA IMO. I wouldn't miss Moreno that is for sure.

Yes. He's been serviceable. Somewhat of a bust, yes, but at 800k, why not? He'll be hceaper than anything else out there, and he's still young.

I still maintain that Moreno could be an outstanding spell option in a two or three back system.

barryr
11-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Barkley has a stronger arm than Luck, but Barkley's decision making at times is questionable. I would put him over Jones however behind Luck as the top QB in the draft. I do like Griffin as well, though he like Jones, is another that will have to convert from a spread type of offense.

Rolandftw
11-05-2011, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't mind Barkley.
A lot of people are all over Luck, but Barkley is just as good of a QB.
He doesn't get all the publicity Luck gets, but I guarantee you, Barkley will be big time...
Our chances of getting Luck are slim as of this week, standings, W/L record and what not, but we could land Barkley.

I'd be ok with Barkley as well. It's more realistic then Luck. Barkley's deep passes are a problem. Got to get more accurate there to be a great QB. But everything within 20 yards, he's as accurate as anyone in college.

Think Luck's the better prospect, but with proper coaching Barkley could be a very, very good QB for us for a long time.

Think he returns to USC for his senior season though. Kid's never been in a bowl game and if he returns USC is a top team next year... he's probably the #1 pick next year as well.

Landry Jones is the prospect that I hope we avoid though.

Requiem
11-05-2011, 09:25 AM
He is probably going to go undrafted. Guess why.

Mogulseeker
11-05-2011, 09:40 AM
He is probably going to go undrafted. Guess why.

5'6"

ICON
11-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Give me Chris Polk in the 2nd If he falls there He is a tough runner that does the majority of his damage between the tackles.

Montee Ball from Wisconsin in the 3rd would be great pick if Denver is looking for a RB after the 2nd round.

ICON
11-05-2011, 09:54 AM
I'd be ok with Barkley as well. It's more realistic then Luck. Barkley's deep passes are a problem. Got to get more accurate there to be a great QB. But everything within 20 yards, he's as accurate as anyone in college.

Think Luck's the better prospect, but with proper coaching Barkley could be a very, very good QB for us for a long time.

Think he returns to USC for his senior season though. Kid's never been in a bowl game and if he returns USC is a top team next year... he's probably the #1 pick next year as well.

Landry Jones is the prospect that I hope we avoid though.

Miami Dolphins will take Matt Barkley or Robert Griffin III over Landry Jones if they pick second because Barkley has the most experience in an NFL pro style.

Washington and Cleveland both run a limited amount of shotgun plays and are potential landing spots for Jones to bust. I would Trade are pick If Luck and Barkley are off the board.

Requiem
11-05-2011, 09:59 AM
5'6"

Can't stay healthy, undersized and there are D-IAA propects who are better than him at running the ball. 4th round is lunacy for this kid.

Rolandftw
11-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Miami Dolphins will take Matt Barkley or Robert Griffin III over Landry Jones if they pick second because Barkley has the most experience in an NFL pro style.

Washington and Cleveland both run a limited amount of shotgun plays and are potential landing spots for Jones to bust. I would Trade are pick If Luck and Barkley are off the board.

I agree if the Dolphins pick at two. If the Colts pick two, think they go Kalil though.

Will be hard to trade down, as teams usually only trade up for a QB. Not sure if Jones will be enough to push a trade. There's a chance you get a team that is willing to trade up for Richardson or Blackmon but it's unlikely. Both could be cornerstones for a young offense.