PDA

View Full Version : FanPolice

elsid13
11-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Over the last three years we have seen the surge of "super" fans, that go out of their way to declare poster with different opinion then theirs as not a fan of the team. Simple poll which group were better fan police? and Why?

One hand we have the McDaniels Butt Brigade, known for telling us it he worked with Brady and NE Patriots and know how to make Denver a smart tough team. Cutler widow and Shanahan sucks were common phrases used.

On the other Tebow-nuts, they have no problem telling anyone why the SEC is better then any other conference and if you are critical of Tebow, it because you hate his Christianity.

Go ahead and vote.

DrFate
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
First poll vote is mine!!!

bendog
11-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I voted Tebowites because the zealotry is annoying, but the McDanielcheersquad was fond of telling people they weren't "real fans."

I gotta say that I think the SEC is the best conference, though not for qbs or being the most fun to watch

Punisher
11-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Don't you have anything better to do than make a dumbass Thread about Fans

elsid13
11-04-2011, 11:16 AM
I voted Tebowites because the zealotry is annoying, but the McDanielcheersquad was fond of telling people they weren't "real fans."

I gotta say that I think the SEC is the best conference, though not for qbs or being the most fun to watch

Bendog

I keep hearing the SEC is the best, but name one player from that conference that is the best at his position in the NFL. Great college players but are they really any better then anyone else in the NFL?

DrFate
11-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Which is why I voted for the McApologists

'he's the coach, you HAVE to support him or you aren't a real fan!!!!!!'

alkemical
11-04-2011, 11:23 AM
ONE OF US!

DrFate
11-04-2011, 11:24 AM
but name one player from that conference that is the best at his position in the NFL.

Feel free to use as a reference

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/sec-football-teams-nfl-players-list/

elsid13
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm betting that theDave is just a ****ty fan....

alkemical
11-04-2011, 11:29 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAxSvRWeBmQuaAHelvJlOfEpcZVC_nS n2d0NveVPyOklCHVOKWVQ

Shotgun Willie
11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I keep hearing the SEC is the best, but name one player from that conference that is the best at his position in the NFL.

Seriously? These guys may not be this year, but they were at the top for at least one year in their careers:

Peyton Manning
Champ Bailey
Richard Seymour
Patrick Willis
Arian Foster

elsid13
11-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Seriously? These guys may not be this year, but they were at the top for at least one year in their careers:

Peyton Manning
Champ Bailey
Richard Seymour
Patrick Willis
Arian Foster

The point that I trying to make isn't that they aren't great players that you listed, but for the all media hype you get about the SEC being so much better you would think that they dominate the professional game. They don't. "It the basic point that some fail to get that were you played college ball doesn't matter, it about the individual.

bendog
11-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Bendog

I keep hearing the SEC is the best, but name one player from that conference that is the best at his position in the NFL. Great college players but are they really any better then anyone else in the NFL?

I'm sure the SEC produces more draft picks based on the first link which was for the 2010 draft, and I think the second link is close enough to show that "recently" the SEC had more starters (Jamarcus is listed as "emerging."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=5176786

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20080706/OPINION01/617509449?p=5&tc=pg

However, I don't care to argue over it. First it goes in phases. For example, Fla St and Mia have had some rough times, though both were pretty dominant programs. Second, the WC doesn't get as much media. Third, why I don't have anything to back it up other than my general observations, I don't think the SEC has any real claim to producing more really good skill position players than various other conferences. For example, I thought the Frowncannon was actually better than Eli, and thought Eli would be a very good NFL qb. But aside from Stafford and now the kid at Arkansas (who I think might be as good as Luck, but he's only started like 8 games) I'm not real high on SEC qbs. It's a defensive football conference, outside of Petrino.

Miss I.
11-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Over the last three years we have seen the surge of "super" fans, that go out of their way to declare poster with different opinion then theirs as not a fan of the team. Simple poll which group were better fan police? and Why?

One hand we have the McDaniels Butt Brigade, known for telling us it he worked with Brady and NE Patriots and know how to make Denver a smart tough team. Cutler widow and Shanahan sucks were common phrases used.

On the other Tebow-nuts, they have no problem telling anyone why the SEC is better then any other conference and if you are critical of Tebow, it because you hate his Christianity.

Go ahead and vote.

too soon to tell since the Tebow nut huggers are still here. And depends on what one means by "better". If you mean effective, neither one of them is effective unless driving off the actual fans is what they are doing. If you mean better by quantity of name calling people fans or non-fans I would say Jhns (who should be his own category) and I guess he falls under the Tebow nuthuggers. In that case I will go with the Tebow ites. They are still here so they would be more effective at lasting and namecalling. Though oddly, given Tebow was McDaniels draft choice you'd think the camps would be more closely aligned. Either way going with the Tebowites.

broncosteven
11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
The mCd wave ran off a ton of great posters, glad to see a couple coming back but I still miss Hotrod and that dortoh guy.

This place suffered more from the mCd lovers scourges, I think at this point no one other than TGN really hates Tebow, we just want to see one of our QB's play well and some more Bronco wins.

Plus the fact that all the Tebow threads are more stupid than hate spewing, that said there are a few fans trying to split the board and call people out but it is not nearly as bad as it was back during the mCd tenure.

Eldorado
11-04-2011, 12:37 PM
The mCd wave ran off a ton of great posters, glad to see a couple coming back but I still miss Hotrod and that dortoh guy.

This place suffered more from the mCd lovers scourges, I think at this point no one other than TGN really hates Tebow, we just want to see one of our QB's play well and some more Bronco wins.

Plus the fact that all the Tebow threads are more stupid than hate spewing, that said there are a few fans trying to split the board and call people out but it is not nearly as bad as it was back during the mCd tenure.

Isn't Dagmar hotrod?

Eldorado
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh and they both suck. Fan police are the reason the football 101 thread died.

broncosteven
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Isn't Dagmar hotrod?

Nope

Eldorado
11-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Nope

That explains why he quit posting pics all the time.

Flex Gunmetal
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Don't you have anything better to do than make a dumbass Thread about Fans

This thread is better than any you have made this calendar year at least.

I've highlighted your ****tier threads here, but for the most part they are all terrible, since you are a spineless highschool dropout retard.

http://i.imgur.com/5crRO.png

Please go.

RhymesayersDU
11-04-2011, 01:05 PM
No TGN option? Bad thread.

Crushaholic
11-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Best part about this thread? TheDave made it on a list...:thumbsup:

Houshyamama
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Anyone who takes an extreme position is going to look like a retard.

Tebow believers? They're going on NOTHING. Grasping at straws.

This organization is in serious trouble, although it can be turned around in a hurry. I don't see us going in that direction, but it's impossible to predict. Who knows, we may draft a QB near the top of the draft and strike gold. Anyone who puts any weight into any prediction, or actually believes they think they know what will happen in the future is absolutely, certifiably, insane. This place cracks me up with all the differing opinions, and the egos behind the battle lines. If you end up right, you got lucky. That's it. It's all a crap shoot.

edit: As a disclaimer, I thought McDaniels was the solution up until the cheating scandal. Looking back on it now, how very, very, very, very, very, very, very wrong I was...

Cutler: I'm still confused as to what happened here. Did he want out or did McDaniels mishandle him? I think the fans got the short end of the stick on this one.

Marshall: Needed to go, I thought 2 2nds was good value

Hillis: This is one move I disagreed with from the very beginning. It is where I started to see McDaniel's ego getting in the way

Draft: McDaniels was possibly the WORST draft day GM I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

And yet I somehow thought he was the solution because I had on blue and orange glasses and I WANTED him to be the solution. I think it is the same with Tebow. So many of us WANT him to be good. I just don't think he will be. But again, who the **** knows what will happen?

Br0nc0Buster
11-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Bendog

Peyton Manning
Champ Bailey
Patrick Willis
Richard Seymoure
Kyle Williams
Jerod Mayo

that is off the top of my head here are some future hall of famers and all pros

I am pretty sure the SEC sends more plays to the pros than any other conference, that in itself shows the SEC is loaded with potential talent, more so than any other conference even if they dont all live up to it

edit: didnt realize someone already posted this list above

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Option 3 is the clear choice.

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM

I've highlighted your ****tier threads here, but for the most part they are all terrible, since you are a spineless highschool dropout retard.

Please go.
:rofl: What an epic owning. That is freaking hilarious.

Br0nc0Buster
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
The point that I trying to make isn't that they aren't great players that you listed, but for the all media hype you get about the SEC being so much better you would think that they dominate the professional game. They don't. "It the basic point that some fail to get that were you played college ball doesn't matter, it about the individual.

SEC dominates the college game, that is why they are the best

USC sent several ****ty NFL players like Leinart and Mike Williams to the pros, that doesnt take away from their dominance

elsid13
11-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Option 3 is the clear choice.

Yes it is.....

Spider
11-04-2011, 05:18 PM
i voted for the Tebow fans ........ Tebow own mother would hate Tebow if she had to read those ass monkeys post here

gunns
11-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Plus the fact that all the Tebow threads are more stupid than hate spewing, that said there are a few fans trying to split the board and call people out but it is not nearly as bad as it was back during the mCd tenure

This.

Punisher
11-05-2011, 12:52 AM

Please go.
How dare you the Rock thread is way better than this crappy thread and thanks for looking into my history you kind of turned me on

Miss I.
11-05-2011, 01:38 AM

Here's my problem with this whole theory. First of all, anyone who didn't openly hate Josh McDaniels was labeled as McDaniels lovers so it's not an accurate representation of the group. The Josh Haters (Jhns being their CEO and still beating that drum) were probably and still are more divisive.

The thing I recall, and presumably I would fall into the McD lover group, is that the thing that pissed me off about the fanbase was not questioning Josh's plan for the team, but the way people began actively hoping they guy would fail. Hoping for his failure while he was coach of our team is actively hoping the team would fail and I found that repugnant and counterproductive. It's also the reason I think the Suck for Luck thing is a crappy strategy. If we can win with Tebow that would be better because we can build the other things we need.

It's also why I was pissed when people started actively hoping Orton would be injured or would lose. Yes the guy is not a great QB, but he did the most with what he had and now we can move on and he didn't deserve false **** being thrown at him just so people could feel better about benching him. Anytime he said anything remotely not positive he was tossed on the fire, the reinterpretations of statements he made are so hilarious. The bit about him playing for a paycheck got such retarded reactions I've never laughed so much. The guy is earning a salary and he isn't playing for us, I never expected him too, but he wasn't earning his salary given his poor play and being benched is what should have happened. But his statement was blown out proportion because people's feelings got hurt the same way they did when Jay called us "6".

And the overreaction to player statements to justify peoples' love of Tebow hasn't stopped. Look at the **** lobbied at Eric Decker. I listened to his statements, there was absolutely nothing in his remarks indicating any problems with Tebow, yet he immediately got labeled a Tebow hater. Again, anyone who didn't agree with certain party's arguments were labeled hater or lover.

As for the Tebow Nuts, the few I would actually count as such (MacGruder and Jhns) simply love Tebow beyond what is reasonable and refuse to accept he has any area for improvement. Anyone who dares question him must be a McFan (which I still think is funny because he drafted Tebow).

Honestly the common (fixed it you bastard ;D) denominator in both divisive bases is Jhns, so how come that dude is not an option? ;D Just kidding.

McDman
11-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Here's my problem with this whole theory. First of all, anyone who didn't openly hate Josh McDaniels was labeled as McDaniels lovers so it's not an accurate representation of the group. The Josh Haters (Jhns being their CEO and still beating that drum) were probably and still are more divisive.

The thing I recall, and presumably I would fall into the McD lover group, is that the thing that pissed me off about the fanbase was not questioning Josh's plan for the team, but the way people began actively hoping they guy would fail. Hoping for his failure while he was coach of our team is actively hoping the team would fail and I found that repugnant and counterproductive. It's also the reason I think the Suck for Luck thing is a crappy strategy. If we can win with Tebow that would be better because we can build the other things we need.

It's also why I was pissed when people started actively hoping Orton would be injured or would lose. Yes the guy is not a great QB, but he did the most with what he had and now we can move on and he didn't deserve false **** being thrown at him just so people could feel better about benching him. Anytime he said anything remotely not positive he was tossed on the fire, the reinterpretations of statements he made are so hilarious. The bit about him playing for a paycheck got such retarded reactions I've never laughed so much. The guy is earning a salary and he isn't playing for us, I never expected him too, but he wasn't earning his salary given his poor play and being benched is what should have happened. But his statement was blown out proportion because people's feelings got hurt the same way they did when Jay called us "6".

And the overreaction to player statements to justify peoples' love of Tebow hasn't stopped. Look at the **** lobbied at Eric Decker. I listened to his statements, there was absolutely nothing in his remarks indicating any problems with Tebow, yet he immediately got labeled a Tebow hater. Again, anyone who didn't agree with certain party's arguments were labeled hater or lover.

As for the Tebow Nuts, the few I would actually count as such (MacGruder and Jhns) simply love Tebow beyond what is reasonable and refuse to accept he has any area for improvement. Anyone who dares question him must be a McFan (which I still think is funny because he drafted Tebow).

Honestly the comment denominator in both divisive bases is Jhns, so how come that dude is not an option? ;D Just kidding.

Damnit, woman! Quit talking sense@\!!

McDman
11-05-2011, 01:43 AM

Honestly the comment denominator in both divisive bases is Jhns, so how come that dude is not an option? ;D Just kidding.

Ha, just noticed this!

Miss I.
11-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Ha, just noticed this!

damn you spell checker! ;D

McDman
11-05-2011, 01:48 AM
damn you spell checker! ;D

BAHA! you fail. your point is now moot.

Miss I.
11-05-2011, 02:00 AM
BAHA! you fail. your point is now moot.

heh, go reread it, perhaps you will see I corrected it, thereby voiding your snotty retorts. ;D

McDman
11-05-2011, 02:02 AM
heh, go reread it, perhaps you will see I corrected it, thereby voiding your snotty retorts. ;D

Haha, you can't do that! In your country they'd call me cheeky. Righto, love?

Blueflame
11-05-2011, 02:02 AM

Honestly the common (fixed it you bastard ;D) denominator in both divisive bases is Jhns, so how come that dude is not an option? ;D Just kidding.

The "labels" (and name-calling and vitriol) was actually aimed at anyone who didn't endorse The Patriot the moment his incompetent ass was hired and given too much authority. I intensely disliked him almost instantaneously (recognized that he had potential to be incredibly destructive to the football team I love) and was called every name in the book except a "lady" for it. Oh well.

I also recognize that Tim Tebow isn't ready to be a starting QB in the NFL. And have been called every name in the book except for "lady" for that too. Oh well.

:pfbbt:

Miss I.
11-05-2011, 02:36 AM
The "labels" (and name-calling and vitriol) was actually aimed at anyone who didn't endorse The Patriot the moment his incompetent ass was hired and given too much authority. I intensely disliked him almost instantaneously (recognized that he had potential to be incredibly destructive to the football team I love) and was called every name in the book except a "lady" for it. Oh well.

I also recognize that Tim Tebow isn't ready to be a starting QB in the NFL. And have been called every name in the book except for "lady" for that too. Oh well.

:pfbbt:

I admit I didn't see him the way you did, I thought he was too inexperienced and not ready for the mantel, but I didn't hate him. I didn't know enough about him.

The divisiveness has been everywhere so I can see your point. I just think I am tired of being a McFan anytime anyone disagrees with Jhns about anything. It's crap.

andre
11-05-2011, 02:37 AM
<input name="optionnumber" value="2" id="rb_optionnumber_2" type="radio">Tebow Nuts

Blueflame
11-05-2011, 03:28 AM
I admit I didn't see him the way you did, I thought he was too inexperienced and not ready for the mantel, but I didn't hate him. I didn't know enough about him.

The divisiveness has been everywhere so I can see your point. I just think I am tired of being a McFan anytime anyone disagrees with Jhns about anything. It's crap.

Ah, but that could be because you might not have intensely disliked the Patriots... I'll readily acknowledge that I did and still do. ;D

As for Jhns' broad-brush labeling, I'm the proof that it's inaccurate. Because no one has ever accused me of being a McFan... and I'm also critical/skeptical of Tebow (due to lack of mechanics/footwork/basic fundamental QB skills).

ak1971
11-05-2011, 05:30 AM
This needs to be an option in all polls:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/91667709v2_350x350_Front.jpg

Miss I.
11-05-2011, 09:09 AM
This needs to be an option in all polls:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/91667709v2_350x350_Front.jpg

This. See and I really have to list AK1971 as a fave poster. There is so much twisted stuff he's taught me I never would've known otherwise. ;D

yerner
11-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I hate all of you.

TheDave
11-05-2011, 10:39 AM
FWIW... this Dave guy sounds like an asshole.

Miss I.
11-05-2011, 10:57 AM
FWIW... this Dave guy sounds like an a-hole.

yes, but his avatar is super sexy. ;D

Flex Gunmetal
11-05-2011, 11:08 AM
How dare you the Rock thread is way better than this crappy thread and thanks for looking into my history you kind of turned me on

http://i.imgur.com/HGKIK.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ai0hM.gif