PDA

View Full Version : only NFL team to lose money last year - Detroit Lions

Gort
11-03-2011, 01:05 PM
they also have the worst owner according to Forbes, even worse than Crazy Undead Al.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/nfls-worst-owner-over-last-five-years

RedRamage
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm not surprised if the Lions did lose money. Between the Michigan economy being totally in the toilet and some bad decisions (how in the hell does Millen get an extension on his contract?!?) there isn't a lot of hope on making tons of money.

Bill Ford (the owner... yes of the Ford Motor Company family) is an interesting guy. There is no question he wants a winner, and he's not shy about spending money to get it, but he also is loyal to a fault. Coaches, GMs, and front office people are kept around far longer than they should be. Millen being just the most recent example.

Kaylore
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Worst franchise is the Rams IMO.

Gort
11-03-2011, 02:23 PM

amazing what a recent SB appearance will do for one's reputation in this league... Bidwell of AZ doesn't even show up in the bottom 5 now.

Rabb
11-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I am not sure it gets worse than Cinci, they very literally don't give a crap about their fans and Palmer trade aside are just awful in the personnel department

TheReverend
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/stlog/KurtWarner.jpg

RedRamage
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Honestly, I don't think you can say anyone is worse than the Lions. Now, I we certainly seem to be headed in the right direction. I hope it lasts. But the Lions have been a symbol of futility for many, many years. And the decade that ended in the 0-16 season has got to be the worst decade for any pro-sports team in history.

Like I said, I think (hope and pray?) that we're headed in the first direction. But we're not there yet and it'll take a number of years of being good to fully wash out the bad taste the Millen-era left in Michigan's collective throat.

Kaylore
11-03-2011, 04:56 PM
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/stlog/KurtWarner.jpg

Right now. Or should I post a picture of Bowlen holding the Lombardi and say the Broncos are awesome?

TheReverend
11-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Right now. Or should I post a picture of Bowlen holding the Lombardi and say the Broncos are awesome?

Haha fair.

TheReverend
11-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Honestly, I don't think you can say anyone is worse than the Lions. Now, I we certainly seem to be headed in the right direction. I hope it lasts. But the Lions have been a symbol of futility for many, many years. And the decade that ended in the 0-16 season has got to be the worst decade for any pro-sports team in history.

Like I said, I think (hope and pray?) that we're headed in the first direction. But we're not there yet and it'll take a number of years of being good to fully wash out the bad taste the Millen-era left in Michigan's collective throat.

There's only one type of Lion in football and that's the Nittany kind :)

broncosteven
11-03-2011, 07:04 PM
No mention of the Bengals or does Andy Dalton cure all of Mike Brown's past nickle and dimeing?

Garcia Bronco
11-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I bet this site could pool up the wealth of the regular members and buy half of Detriot.

Requiem
11-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Had a St. Louis Rams bobble head doll from the 70s on it. Head broke off. Bad omen for Rams.

KipCorrington25
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Had a St. Louis Rams bobble head doll from the 70s on it. Head broke off. Bad omen for Rams.

But the Rams were in Los Angeles in the 70's...

Requiem
11-03-2011, 08:50 PM
God made the Rams first Kip Corrington so **** off!

RedRamage
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
I bet this site could pool up the wealth of the regular members and buy half of Detriot.
Please... that's just ridiculous. At best I would think you could get like... 7/16ths of Detroit. Let's avoid exaggeration, shall we?