PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Adjusted 1st Round.... who the AFCW teams shudda picked

Ugly Duck
11-02-2011, 05:27 PM
2. Denver Broncos Actual pick -- Von Miller
Adjusted pick -- Andy Dalton: There's no doubt that Miller is a good player. He has six sacks, but the Broncos are a quarterback away from being a potential playoff team in that division. Despite being 2-5, Denver has talent and Dalton gives them a better chance to win. He's another rookie QB playing above expectations. Dalton's not flashy, but is smart and steady.

18. San Diego Chargers Actual pick -- Corey Liuget
Adjusted pick -- Phil Taylor: This is a breaking point as far as the talent level dropping a bit. Everybody before this point has Pro Bowl potential off what we've seen so far. The Chargers opt to go for Taylor over Liuget because he could be a nose tackle, which is a bigger priority in the 3-4. Taylor has seven starts and three sacks. He's played above expectations and is more powerful than Liuget.

(Raiders 1st Round pick used for Richard Seymour)

23. Philadelphia Eagles Actual pick -- Danny Watkins
Adjusted pick -- Stefen Wisniewski: Wisniewski's been a big surprise. He has blocked well in both run and pass and is one of the reasons why the Raiders have the second-ranked rushing attack. He's a strong, tough football player and has more experience than Watkins.

26. Kansas City Chiefs Actual pick -- Jonathan Baldwin
Adjusted pick -- Same: He had a breakout game vs. the Chargers. His broken hand slowed him down to start the season. Baldwin's a big guy who runs good routes and has excellent speed for his size (6-foot-4, 228 pounds). He doesn't look that fast until he runs right by you. There's very little difference between Green, Jones and Baldwin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823b59dd/article/newton-would-still-be-top-pick-but-other-qbs-rise-in-redraft-?module=HP11_cp

SonOfLe-loLang
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Nah.

Requiem
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
How about no. I'll take Miller and a class of quarterbacks in this years draft that trumps last year.

txtebow
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
What a joke. Zimmer consistently has Cincy's defense playing top 10-15 in the NFL(they are even better this season) additionally, Cincy has a solid bellcow RB in Benson to rely upon. In summary, We do not have the talent to be a playoff team with a rookie QB at the helm. What a terrible article

yerner
11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I just wish the broncs would have had a shot at Cam Newton. That would have been unreal.

McDman
11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
What a joke. Zimmer consistently has Cincy's defense playing top 10-15 in the NFL(they are even better this season) additionally, Cincy has a solid bellcow RB in Benson to rely upon. In summary, We do not have the talent to be a playoff team with a rookie QB at the helm. What a terrible article

I wouldn't take Dalton either, especially with the number 2 pick, but don't take credit away for him. He has played exceptionally well for a rookie with new WRs and a young tight end.

ICON
11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Adjusted pick -- Andy Dalton: There's no doubt that Miller is a good player. He has six sacks, but the Broncos are a quarterback away from being a potential playoff team in that division. Despite being 2-5, Denver has talent and Dalton gives them a better chance to win. He's another rookie QB playing above expectations. Dalton's not flashy, but is smart and steady.

Adjusted pick -- Phil Taylor: This is a breaking point as far as the talent level dropping a bit. Everybody before this point has Pro Bowl potential off what we've seen so far. The Chargers opt to go for Taylor over Liuget because he could be a nose tackle, which is a bigger priority in the 3-4. Taylor has seven starts and three sacks. He's played above expectations and is more powerful than Liuget.

Adjusted pick -- Stefen Wisniewski: Wisniewski's been a big surprise. He has blocked well in both run and pass and is one of the reasons why the Raiders have the second-ranked rushing attack. He's a strong, tough football player and has more experience than Watkins.

Adjusted pick -- Same: He had a breakout game vs. the Chargers. His broken hand slowed him down to start the season. Baldwin's a big guy who runs good routes and has excellent speed for his size (6-foot-4, 228 pounds). He doesn't look that fast until he runs right by you. There's very little difference between Green, Jones and Baldwin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823b59dd/article/newton-would-still-be-top-pick-but-other-qbs-rise-in-redraft-?module=HP11_cp

11. Houston Texans

Actual pick -- J.J. Watt
Adjusted pick -- Von Miller: Miller falls here. It's not necessarily because of anything he's done wrong, but he's a great fit for the 3-4 in Houston as opposed to the 4-3 in Denver. He's an excellent pass rusher and can make plays after dropping back.Hilarious!

Von Miller: Miller falls here Yeah right he would still be the 2nd pick even If some team had to trade up DROY !

TDmvp
11-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Hold it ... The Bengals took Dalton in the 2nd round and that was about where he should of went. Us taking him with the 2nd overall would have been a mega reach.

Stupid article... I live in Cincy and Dalton has looked good but no one knew if he was as good as his record in college and if he could play in the pros.

No way he was worth the 2nd overall.

Rolandftw
11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Taking Dalton at #2 would be retarded. If we really wanted him, we could have got him early second round.

He's played well but other then Buffalo they haven't really beat anyone. See how they match up with their 4 games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh...

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Yeah, no thanks.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Usually Gil Brandt does much better :(

oubronco
11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Denver would be a playoff team with Dalton? Yea right

Bronx33
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Done..........

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/lol-wut.jpg

Rolandftw
11-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Christian Ponder at #5? Von Miller at 11? Did Brandt spend 5 minutes compiling this list?

By picking names out of a hat?

Dedhed
11-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeeeah, that was dumb.

BroncoMan4ever
11-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I just wish the broncs would have had a shot at Cam Newton. That would have been unreal.

i would have puked in my mouth had we drafted Newton. even now with the rookie records and all that noise we would still suck. Fox and McCoy's offense doesn't utilize the abilities of guys like Newton or Tebow(not saying Tebow would be better elsewhere) they want pure pocket passing and not so much of the running that makes these guys dangerous. i think we'd be in the same boat as we are now.

KO5K
11-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Gabbert over Miller?

Stupid, old man.

yerner
11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
i would have puked in my mouth had we drafted Newton. even now with the rookie records and all that noise we would still suck. Fox and McCoy's offense doesn't utilize the abilities of guys like Newton or Tebow(not saying Tebow would be better elsewhere) they want pure pocket passing and not so much of the running that makes these guys dangerous. i think we'd be in the same boat as we are now.

Well, you're wrong. Newton and Tebow have nothing in common. Newton can throw the football with velocity and accuracy. He's been proving it week after week. He will be able to play in every type of offense evetually and would have flourished in Denver.

Popps
11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, you're wrong. Newton and Tebow have nothing in common. Newton can throw the football with velocity and accuracy. He's been proving it week after week. He will be able to play in every type of offense evetually and would have flourished in Denver.

Yea, I wanted nothing to do with Newton pre-draft, but I can definitely see now that he's got an NFL skill-set. He's light-years ahead of Tebow at throwing the ball, at least it sure looks like it.

yerner
11-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Yea, I wanted nothing to do with Newton pre-draft, but I can definitely see now that he's got an NFL skill-set. He's light-years ahead of Tebow at throwing the ball, at least it sure looks like it.

He has been a surprise for sure. He has a huge arm but the accuracy is more impressive. He had some deep sideline throws on 3rd down last week and the week prior against the Redskins that were amazing.

He is going to be a star.

BroncoMan4ever
11-02-2011, 07:28 PM

i am not saying that i don't think Newton is maturing into a good young QB. i am saying that his skill set would not be a good fit in the McCoy/Fox style of offense. he can sling the ball well, no doubt, but his legs add another wrinkle to his abilities and seeing the way our coaching staff has handled Tebow's running ability makes me believe it would be a similar problem if we had Newton. one of Newtons records was having 7 passing TD and 7 rushing TDs after the 7th game of the season and here in Denver i don't think he would have that same success.

McCoy's idea of using Tebow's legs is draw plays that run him up the middle and is eventually going to get Tebow killed. rather than using designed roll outs and play action which would also help in his passing game. Denver's coaching staff is not equipped or simply isn't interested in using that ability in their QB. Newton would be leashed in, playing in Denver and wouldn't be as successful in my opinion.

RaiderH8r
11-02-2011, 08:01 PM

Bing.

Br0nc0Buster
11-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Gabbert over Miller?

Time to retire Brandt

Ratboy
11-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Dalton? We'll have Miller and Luck!

Win!

Crushaholic
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Does this chucklehead know how bad our defense was, and continues to be? LOLLOL