PDA

View Full Version : WWKD?

IHaveALight
11-02-2011, 02:35 PM
What would Kubiak do?
If Gary Kubiak was our coach would he be more successful with Tebow? I mean look what he did with Plummer. If I recall correctly the Broncos ran 1 bootleg play the whole game against Detroit and wasn't that play successful? Many of the 3 and outs I saw run on first down and drop back play action on second down. Ensue fail. Why not bootleg on those play action plays? Tebow's pocket reaction time right now is not that great as is and I think all these pocket play action plays are just making it even worse.

We need more shotgun plays called, run and pass. Pocket playaction would be fine in shotgun as he doesn't have to worry about droping back. We need more screens. We need more hurry up. And when he's under center we need bootlegs and lots of them. This will get Tebow in space where he's best (just like Plummer) plus it'll open up the run game so much more because teams will be forced to protect the edge. I have know doubt that Kubiak would be getting good performance out of this offense.

Mogulseeker
11-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Kubiak would be far more successful with Tebow. Our QB woes really started when he left.

He cannot build a defense though. However, I did pick the Texans to be the turnaround team of the year because of Wade.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 02:41 PM
What would Kubiak do?
If Gary Kubiak was our coach would he be more successful with Tebow?

Yes
/thread

bendog
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
If kubes were the coach, we'd not have drafted tebow.

jhns
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Yes
/thread

This.

IHaveALight
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Our coach didn't draft Tebow.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Kubiak would laugh at Tebow.

Broncoman13
11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I think Kubes would be a great fit for Kubiak. I think our OLine would be much more successful running an almost exclusive Zone Blocking Scheme (which is when we've had the most success running the ball this year with Fox). I also think it would help mask some of Franklin's shortcomings at RT while leaning/rolling to our strength on the OL (Clady). Either way, we need our TEs to start showing up in the middle of the field. Its amazing how little we've had open in the middle of the field.

And can we throw a screen every once in a while to slow down the mad rush. Maybe stack the receivers so they can avoid getting jammed every play on the line. Something!

BigPlayShay
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM

Kubiak gave BVP another shot in Houston.

Crushaholic
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
The success of the Texans means that we won't be getting him back, any time soon. However, I stated, in another thread, that Kubiak (not Shanahan) was the offensive genius. Kubiak would be an immediate upgrade over Yahoo McCoy...

Turd_Ferguson
11-02-2011, 02:57 PM

I agree. If Kubiak were coach I think him and his pal Elway would be sitting up late at night together watching tape of college quarterbacks trying to decide which one they wanted to draft in April. Don't kid yourself though, Kubiak's offense was based around running the ball, and play action bootlegs, if the running game sucked the quarterback whether Tebow or whoever would turn to bootleg only to be destroyed by the D end waiting for him. IMO the Texans success this year is due more to the Colts, Titans, and Jags all sucking, and Wade Philips as D coordinator than anything else.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Kubiak would use Tebow the way he should be used, and the way he eventually will be used, either here or elsewhere:

As a short yardage/goal line fullback who throws.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Kubiak wasn't laughing after he played him...

bowtown
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
The success of the Texans means that we won't be getting him back, any time soon. However, I stated, in another thread, that Kubiak (not Shanahan) was the offensive genius. Kubiak would be an immediate upgrade over Yahoo McCoy...

[bertstare]

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 03:06 PM
"(Tebow) is impressive," Kubiak said. "He is a winner. He made a lot of plays off schedule. He is very composed in what he is doing.""I thought (Tebow) threw the ball exceptionally well," Kubiak added. "He is exactly what you thought coming out of college. He will find a way to make a play. He will find a way to move the chains. He found a way to win a game today, and that's what the league is all about."http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16947617

bowtown
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't care which QB you had in, if Kubiak was our OC, I would feel a whole lot better about things.

BRB... off to start www.firekubiak.com and troll it all over the Texans boards.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Kubiak wasn't laughing after he played him...

LMAO

You need to change your avatar.

His career highlight is that underwear commercial.

bendog
11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Kubes says nice things about nice people.

Inkana7
11-02-2011, 03:18 PM
]
We need more shotgun plays called, run and pass. Pocket playaction would be fine in shotgun as he doesn't have to worry about droping back. We need more screens. We need more hurry up. And when he's under center we need bootlegs and lots of them. This will get Tebow in space where he's best (just like Plummer) plus it'll open up the run game so much more because teams will be forced to protect the edge. I have know doubt that Kubiak would be getting good performance out of this offense.

lololololololol

Read every other Tebow thread to see this issue talked about ad nauseum. Being in Shotgun is not the issue.

bendog
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
lololololololol

Read every other Tebow thread to see this issue talked about ad nauseum. Being in Shotgun is not the issue.

How do you explain this. Do they watch? Can't they go to cnnsi and get the play by play?

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
What would Kubiak do?
If Gary Kubiak was our coach would he be more successful with Tebow? I mean look what he did with Plummer. If I recall correctly the Broncos ran 1 bootleg play the whole game against Detroit and wasn't that play successful? Many of the 3 and outs I saw run on first down and drop back play action on second down. Ensue fail. Why not bootleg on those play action plays? Tebow's pocket reaction time right now is not that great as is and I think all these pocket play action plays are just making it even worse.

I absolutely think Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak can make Tebow successful. If there are two guys who just know how to mold a successful QB it's them.

Grossman? Really? I tip my cap to Mike for that one.

bowtown
11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I absolutely think Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak can make Tebow successful. If there are two guys who just know how to mold a successful QB it's them.

Ummm... Grossman didn't exactly work out.

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Ummm... Grossman didn't exactly work out.

But he looked smoking hot at the beginning of the year. Now Shanny is working with Beck. More power to Shanny.

Inkana7
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
But he looked smoking hot at the beginning of the year. Now Shanny is working with Beck. More power to Shanny.

Both of them really suck. No one should be patted on the back for having no other options.

Blart
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Kubiak would be far more successful with Tebow. Our QB woes really started when he left.

The latter sentence is absolute truth. The former sentence is true to a tiny, marginal degree.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Grossman was benched.

John Beck was the alternative. He'll likely be benched.

So...

Here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Bunny-with-pancake-bunny-rabbits-70018_120_91.jpg

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Both of them really suck. No one should be patted on the back for having no other options.

No one gets more out of their QBs than Mike Shanahan. I have my criticism of him and his inability to build a defense but he's a friggen genius when it comes to QBs.

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Grossman was benched.

John Beck was the alternative. He'll likely be benched.

So...

Here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Bunny-with-pancake-bunny-rabbits-70018_120_91.jpg

so says the moron who loves Orton.

bendog
11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I guess Shanny needing a qb and having the ability to move down to get two no1s and still not biting on the tebow but doing the McNabb reach doesn't tell anyone anything.

jhns
11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I guess Shanny needing a qb and having the ability to move down to get two no1s and still not biting on the tebow but doing the McNabb reach doesn't tell anyone anything.

What language is that?

IHaveALight
11-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't care which QB you had in, if Kubiak was our OC, I would feel a whole lot better about things.

BRB... off to start www.firekubiak.com and troll it all over the Texans boards.

:~ohyah!:

TonyR
11-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Now Shanny is losing with Beck.

FYP

(they got shut out last week)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 04:24 PM
so says the moron who loves Orton.

So Grossman wasn't benched? So John Beck didn't **** the bed, Tebow-style?

Solid take, Tombstone. Just what I've come to expect from your stupid ass.

Say, why don't you save us all time next time you're thinking of posting and just type in what you are REALLY thinking: "DERRRRRRRRRRRRRP."

gunns
11-02-2011, 04:42 PM

He cannot build a defense though. However, I did pick the Texans to be the turnaround team of the year because of Wade.

Our QB woes started when Elway left. Griese and Plummer are what we settled on. They had their moments, so has Tebow.. Hasn't done us a damn bit of good. And please don't bring up the divisional game, that was won in spite of Plummer.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 04:44 PM
LMAO

You need to change your avatar.

His career highlight is that underwear commercial.

Oh Bob, you know your trolling powers have no effect on me. Why bother?

Taco John
11-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I watched some of the game again last night before I went to bed after the podcast. Looking at the playcalling, I get the impression that they don't want to do anything "special" for Tebow. They just want to throw him into a "pro offense" and he either sinks or he swims.

Tebow needs a coach that is going to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. This team seems determined to put his weaknesses on display for everyone to see.

IHaveALight
11-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I watched some of the game again last night before I went to bed after the podcast. Looking at the playcalling, I get the impression that they don't want to do anything "special" for Tebow. They just want to throw him into a "pro offense" and he either sinks or he swims.

Tebow needs a coach that is going to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. This team seems determined to put his weaknesses on display for everyone to see.

+1

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2011, 07:39 PM
So Grossman wasn't benched? So John Beck didn't **** the bed, Tebow-style?

Solid take, Tombstone. Just what I've come to expect from your stupid ass.

Say, why don't you save us all time next time you're thinking of posting and just type in what you are REALLY thinking: "DERRRRRRRRRRRRRP."

so are you saying Shanahan couldn't make Orton into a better QB? Better than what Fox has done?

Whatever.

bowtown
11-02-2011, 08:10 PM
so are you saying Shanahan couldn't make Orton into a better QB? Better than what Fox has done?

Whatever.

No, he's saying that you just say **** with knowing what you are talking about. That's true.

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
No, he's saying that you just say **** with knowing what you are talking about. That's true.

The skins are 3-4 with 2 lousy QBs. I still think Shanahan could do a hellava lot better job with Tebow than what Fox is doing. The same can be said for Kubiak.

Bronco Yoda
11-02-2011, 08:35 PM

I agree. That's what I've been saying.

btw, did you notice all the times Tebow looked left, looked right.... moved... looked left, looked right. Nothing.

I'd love to see the full game film. Was there really no one open? Seemed like it to me.

Tim
11-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Kubiak would do better and so would Dennison. The martyball and vanilla offense that mccoy and fox like wont work against any defenses anymore. Power running with a zone blocking schemed line is hard to watch and the lack of misdirection and screens vs aggressive blitzing defenses is pathetic.

Mogulseeker
11-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Kubiak gave BVP another shot in Houston.

BVP = Tebow.

Yes, I did.

Crushaholic
11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I agree. That's what I've been saying.

btw, did you notice all the times Tebow looked left, looked right.... moved... looked left, looked right. Nothing.

I'd love to see the full game film. Was there really no one open? Seemed like it to me.

That should have triggered Tebow's legs, if nobody was open. Some people don't want to admit it, but Orton had the same problem. Tebow was supposed to bring an extra scrambling ability that Orton lacked...

Mogulseeker
11-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Our QB woes started when Elway left. Griese and Plummer are what we settled on. They had their moments, so has Tebow.. Hasn't done us a damn bit of good. And please don't bring up the divisional game, that was won in spite of Plummer.

Plummer had something going in 2005, and that's when the Cutler problem started.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-03-2011, 06:55 AM

Whatever.

I didn't say anything of the sort.

You were so excited! "Look what Shanahan did with Grossman! Derp!" What, benched him? "NO! You don't think Shanahan would do better with Orton and Tebow? DERP!" Who mentioned Orton and Tebow? "U LUV ORTON LOL DERP!!!!"

Back to your regularly scheduled DERP, Tombstone. Don't make me get the hose.

Tombstone RJ
11-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I didn't say anything of the sort.

You were so excited! "Look what Shanahan did with Grossman! Derp!" What, benched him? "NO! You don't think Shanahan would do better with Orton and Tebow? DERP!" Who mentioned Orton and Tebow? "U LUV ORTON LOL DERP!!!!"

Back to your regularly scheduled DERP, Tombstone. Don't make me get the hose.

hey brosef, don't get all bent out of shape for being an Orton homer. It's all good. My point was, is, and will continue to be that Shanahan is great at coaching up QBs and he could help Tebow develop. Period. That was my point which you seem to have entirely missed.

The season is not over, we shall see which team ends up with a better overall record, the Broncos or the Skins. Right now with the way Tebow is playing and the way Fox and McCoy are using him I seriously doubt the Broncos are going to win more games than the Skins, but we shall see.

elsid13
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM

You do realize that "optimizing" the offense for Tebow might be screwing the rest of the offense? Sometime it easier to jettison one player then the other 10.

2KBack
11-03-2011, 04:29 PM
hey brosef, don't get all bent out of shape for being an Orton homer. It's all good. My point was, is, and will continue to be that Shanahan is great at coaching up QBs and he could help Tebow develop. Period. That was my point which you seem to have entirely missed.

The season is not over, we shall see which team ends up with a better overall record, the Broncos or the Skins. Right now with the way Tebow is playing and the way Fox and McCoy are using him I seriously doubt the Broncos are going to win more games than the Skins, but we shall see.

I would say all the evidence is with Kubiak being the QB guru, not Shanahan. Shanahan is a better coach than Fox likely, but the shine is still off the man. The redskins are scoring 16 points per game. Shanahan has gone through 3 QB's in a year and a half.Could be Kyle's fault, but hiring Kyle is Mike's fault.