PDA

View Full Version : UFO Visits NFL Game

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Pretty strange stuff.

As NBC's cameras returned from a commercial break and focused on the historic, triple-steepled St. Louis Cathedral in the city nicknamed the Big Easy, a couple of lit objects seemed to streak across the darkening sky -- and they've yet to be definitively identified.
http://www.aol.com/2011/11/01/ufo-nfl-game_n_1069148.html?ref=mostpopular

jhns
11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Great, we have a new gaff in the making...

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Great, we have a new gaff in the making...

The odd thing is not that you're an ahole. It's that you are never not an ahole. Even most aholes give it a rest from time to time.

jhns
11-02-2011, 07:36 AM
The odd thing is not that you're an ahole. It's that you are never not an ahole. Even most aholes give it a rest from time to time.

Maybe I am an alien. Run!

Drunk Monkey
11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Maybe I am an alien. Run!

nope probably just an asshole.

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Anyway, idiots aside, the video is very interesting. Personally, I don't believe in this stuff, but I'd like to hear what the explanation is for this thing in the video.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 07:42 AM
The article explains that it's bugs though? Not sure what's strange.

BroncoFiend
11-02-2011, 07:43 AM
I can't help but enjoy checking these things out.

The weird part is that the other videos talk about them more as tiny things like an insect that are really fast, where the one in the football video would have to be much larger in order to be seen from that distance. Not sure how the two would even be related.

jhns
11-02-2011, 07:44 AM
nope probably just an a-hole.

Probably. Why be realistic though? It is pretty clear that everything should be blamed on aliens.

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 07:45 AM

If you read the article, the bug explanation is not possible. Whatever it is, it moves behind the steeple.

jhns
11-02-2011, 07:47 AM
If you read the article, the bug explanation is not possible. Whatever it is, it moves behind the steeple.

Then you didn't read it.

alkemical
11-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Interesting -

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Then you didn't read it.

Speaking of insects...

RedRamage
11-02-2011, 07:52 AM
nope probably just an a-hole.

nope, just Chuck Testa

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 07:53 AM

"The object is not going behind the cathedral -- it's actually in front of it," Dantonio said. "But because of the saturated CCD [charge-coupled device used in digital imaging], it looks like it's going behind. And when you see those three dots or lights [on the object], I think they're wing beats."

I absolutely buy that explanation.

Powderaddict
11-02-2011, 07:59 AM
It's obviously a weather balloon illuminated by venus reflecting off swamp gas.

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Oh man I hope this thread delivers. Kinda bored today.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Oh man I hope this thread delivers. Kinda bored today.

Disinfo?

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 08:03 AM
If you read the posts at the bottom there is actually one about antigravitics or whatever. Can't wait for Macgruder to get here.

TheDave
11-02-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm gonna stretch a little for this one... Bug.

that, and if you watch the clip it happens a couple of other times.

alkemical
11-02-2011, 08:04 AM
There is one dimension colliding with another, and these things bleed through.

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 08:07 AM
"The object is not going behind the cathedral -- it's actually in front of it," Dantonio said. "But because of the saturated CCD [charge-coupled device used in digital imaging], it looks like it's going behind. And when you see those three dots or lights [on the object], I think they're wing beats."

I absolutely buy that explanation.

But when Dantonio took a closer look at the single video frame in question, he began to bend a little.

"Yeah, that sure does look weird. I won't say it's not interesting, but I'll tell you right now: I'm sure that there's a conventional explanation and I believe firmly that this is something very close to the camera."

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 08:09 AM
But when Dantonio took a closer look at the single video frame in question, he began to bend a little.

"Yeah, that sure does look weird. I won't say it's not interesting, but I'll tell you right now: I'm sure that there's a conventional explanation and I believe firmly that this is something very close to the camera."

It's also time lapse I think.

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 08:10 AM
I think it's alien guided tours. Like a cruise ship. They take passengers to planets that have life on them, but are waaay too dangerous to contact, and they observe the weird rituals of the natives. Take football, for example. ;D

jhns
11-02-2011, 08:13 AM

You just posted him saying that it is an object close to the camera to counter the point that it was close to the camera...

Gaff Jr...

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 08:14 AM
You just posted him saying that it is an object close to the camera to counter the point that it was close to the camera...

Gaff Jr...

It's over your head. Go away, little boy.

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 08:15 AM

Gaff Jr...

No. It introduces doubt, therefore the only reasonable explanation is little green men.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 08:16 AM

You realize that's a guy who works for MUFON, right? So a guy that's eagerly willing to stretch to believe this stuff is saying "Na". Case closed, imo.

jhns
11-02-2011, 08:18 AM
It's over your head. Go away, little boy.

Obviously...

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 08:23 AM
You realize that's a guy who works for MUFON, right? So a guy that's eagerly willing to stretch to believe this stuff is saying "Na". Case closed, imo.

Pretty soon, somebody will blame this UFO on bad coaching. Then somebody else will call them a McDaniels lover. Then, it will be a librul plot. And so on.

Just a little attempt at light hearted banter in the midst of a dismal season. Sorry to intrude on the rabid polarization of the site. :peace:

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Ohh, come on...Don't quit that easy. We haven't even got a post from alpha seirra yet.

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Ohh, come on...Don't quit that easy. We haven't even got a post from alpha seirra yet.

He's probably off on the internet somewhere, gathering the stats that will show that Tebow is faster than this UFO.

Rigs11
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
yep there are billions of galaxies, yet there is no way that there is life out there. But jesus exists because he is in a book.right jhns?

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 08:53 AM
yep there are billions of galaxies, yet there is no way that there is life out there. But jesus exists because he is in a book.right jhns?

Oh come on. How the **** are they supposed to get here?

strafen
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM

That's clearly projecting...

BroncsCheer
11-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Looks like meteors to me

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Looks like meteors to me

Yeah. Cause meteors totally change coarse.

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 09:05 AM

That's my argument against ET; The laws of physics apply all over the universe.

jhns
11-02-2011, 09:06 AM

Man made religion is a myth. I have no clue wtf you are talking about.

I believe that life exists all over. Everything is made of the same stuff. The biggest stars create the heavy elements as they get hotter. They all die when/if they get hot enough to produce iron. This means that everything, everywhere, has the exact same stuff. I believe the natural evolution of energy is life. We are energy that has become self aware.

That all said, that video doesn't show aliens...

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 09:06 AM
That's my argument against ET; The laws of physics apply all over the universe.

Drones sent through worm holes?

BroncsCheer
11-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah. Cause meteors totally change coarse.

as the meteor shrinks in size during burnup, the more dense atmosphere closer to the planet absorbs energy and deflects the rock laterally, based on the angle of incidence with the stratosphere.

The course change seen in the video could be explained that way.

ever skip a stone on water?

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 09:12 AM

From out of left field...

How the **** did you feel this post fit the discussion? :rofl:

Chris
11-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Everybody calm down it's just a glow in the dark penis.

alkemical
11-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Everybody calm down it's just a glow in the dark penis.

You sounded like Mr. Hat saying that. :)

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I think they are alien cruise ships filled with elderly aliens holding umbrella drinks in their hands while their ships whizz by at nearly the speed of light over alien civilizations which are too dangerous to contact.

Eldorado
11-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I think they are alien cruise ships filled with elderly aliens holding umbrella drinks in their hands while their ships whizz by at nearly the speed of light over alien civilizations which are too dangerous to contact.

How could we be dangerous? We can't even get off our own planet.

DrFate
11-02-2011, 12:14 PM

The drag inside the atmosphere would make such speed unlikely

To say nothing of the sonic boom

Too bad ET was subjected to such a lousy game

I doubt they come back

Houshyamama
11-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Klingons IMO

broncosteven
11-02-2011, 12:59 PM

If they were elderly to begin with and their ship could only travel at "nearly the speed of light" the would have all been dead before they got here even from the closest star.

They would have to travel at speeds exponentially faster than light, or utilize a worm hole or fold space time in order to travel here before they died.

Then they would have the old paradox of facing the fact that when they return to their original planet they would be much younger than those they left behind as time passes more slowly the faster one travels.

We are just now on the door step of finding out that neutrinos could be traveling faster than light which if proven to be true could turn what we know about quantum mechanics on it's ear.

Plus we have yet to discover what 75% of the universe is made of, i.e. dark matter...

So maybe some civilization somewhere has harnessed something we are a long way off from discovering. Why they would want to visit us is confusing.

Blart
11-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

UFO's exist. A UFO is an unidentified flying object. By definition, it's poor evidence of anything.

Due to a lack of evidence, many people feel free to inject any belief they wish into it - angels, aliens, time travelers, etc. These people take solace in the fact that it can't be proven wrong.

We have a lot of sky, and there are countless objects - the two often meet, and not all are immediately identified. Of all those UFO's, many of them later became IFO's, and of those zero have been space aliens.

Dedhed
11-02-2011, 01:45 PM

There's zero chance you could convince me that was a bug, and that's what a noted skeptic is explaining it away as. That's strange to me.

Houshyamama
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
That "rod" in the golf video is the stupidest thing I've seen in a while. It's a golfer hitting a ball a bay to the left of him. What was the point of putting that video in the article? Did the author even watch it?

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
There's zero chance you could convince me that was a bug, and that's what a noted skeptic is explaining it away as. That's strange to me.

No, he's not a skeptic at all. Quite the opposite in fact:

"insisted Marc Dantonio, chief photo and video analyst for the Mutual UFO Network."

Blart
11-02-2011, 02:36 PM
It's also time lapse I think.

The best explanation.

Cinematic shots are often time lapse. The fast moving beams of light are planes landing and taking off from a nearby airpot - smeared due to the long exposure.

bendog
11-02-2011, 02:45 PM
maybe it was God seeing if Indy would be a good place for Tebow.

Pony Boy
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Hummm ........ it looks a little strange to me

Miss I.
11-02-2011, 02:53 PM
eff that. it's clearly Scheffler and a bunch of other douchebag Detroit players dissing Denver with a Mile High salute while Tebowing...bunch of bitches. ;D

maher_tyler
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
If they were elderly to begin with and their ship could only travel at "nearly the speed of light" the would have all been dead before they got here even from the closest star.

They would have to travel at speeds exponentially faster than light, or utilize a worm hole or fold space time in order to travel here before they died.

Then they would have the old paradox of facing the fact that when they return to their original planet they would be much younger than those they left behind as time passes more slowly the faster one travels.

We are just now on the door step of finding out that neutrinos could be traveling faster than light which if proven to be true could turn what we know about quantum mechanics on it's ear.

Plus we have yet to discover what 75% of the universe is made of, i.e. dark matter...

So maybe some civilization somewhere has harnessed something we are a long way off from discovering. Why they would want to visit us is confusing.

Interesting...they could come here for any number of reasons. This planet is as rare as it gets...

bendog
11-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Interesting...they could come here for any number of reasons. This planet is as rare as it gets...

possibly studying the ET Phenomena termed Tebowmania

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM

Don't you watch Fringe? They just cross dimensions in space and time. Doesn't even mess up their hair. If you could go anywhere in the universe wouldn't you choose planets populated by sentient beings, or in our case, semi-sentient? I suppose a dinosaur planet would be cool. But imagine some barbaric planet engaged in all out war and you could just invisibly sail through their skies, watching them? Talk about a cruise. It would be better than watching glaciers calve into the sea, IMO.

KevinJames
11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
clearly a time lapse so it could be anything.....but a UFO

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Don't you watch Fringe?

Is that show any good?

Bronx33
11-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Its obvious aliens are saints fans.

McDman
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM

Definitely not aliens, buuuut who knows if someone somewhere has at some point in the infinite time in the universe figured out faster than light travel?

Broncos4tw
11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Yes, there are UFOs visiting our planet. This video does not depict one though, imo. If nothing else, common sense would say so.. it was traveling downward at a great speed. I imagine it would have crashed into the ground a tenth of a second later. Bugs are often mistaken for UFOs in videos.

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes, there are UFOs visiting our planet. This video does not depict one though, imo. If nothing else, common sense would say so.. it was traveling downward at a great speed. I imagine it would have crashed into the ground a tenth of a second later. Bugs are often mistaken for UFOs in videos.

I always find this belief interesting. Why do you think so?

Broncos4tw
11-02-2011, 05:32 PM
First of all, this is time lapse.. just watching the entire video proves it. The traffic moves at light speed near the end. Time lapse, nothing mysterious. Those are airplanes coming in to land.

As far as UFOs go, there is a veritable mountain of evidence proving they exist. You could sentence a man to death in court with a fraction of the evidence that is available towards UFOs. Yet because of the subject matter, they are dismissed.

There is a large # of very solid cases. If someone wants to explain a few of them away for me, I suppose I might change my stance. But no one can. Tehran, 1976 sighting. Radar, professional and civilian witnesses, technical failure in two jets that approached the UFO. The laughable written debunking was.. mistaken identity (apparently they were chasing Jupiter), two fighter jet failures on the same night, and a radar tower that didn't know how to use their equipment.

Phoenix - no one has explained this case away, nor why the government released a V shaped set of flares for the first AND last time near Phoenix, on the same night that hours previous, a huge V shaped craft was seen flying south across the state. That act alone proved the government knew full well what was going on, and cleverly used this ruse to muddy the waters.

Roswell happened - there is a ton of evidence.

There is plenty of proof for those who choose to examine it with a logical, fair mind. I think all crop circles are bunk (man-made), most abductions are ludicrous, channelers of "aliens" are deluded. Most videos are mistaken identity (like this one) - the % of valid UFO sightings really hasn't changed, we've only had a vast increase in the amount of videos being taken. So yes, the "fake" videos stand out more.

KipCorrington25
11-02-2011, 05:50 PM
1979 Pittsburgh vs. Dallas game had an unusual object observed during the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IkocOCHw83Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
11-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Don't you watch Fringe? They just cross dimensions in space and time. Doesn't even mess up their hair. If you could go anywhere in the universe wouldn't you choose planets populated by sentient beings, or in our case, semi-sentient? I suppose a dinosaur planet would be cool. But imagine some barbaric planet engaged in all out war and you could just invisibly sail through their skies, watching them? Talk about a cruise. It would be better than watching glaciers calve into the sea, IMO.

How anyone is going to find us, a needle in the haystack as big as our universe when we have only been broadcasting signs of life for right around 100 years.

Just contemplate the size of our own Galaxy then take a look at the Hubble Deep field picture where there are thousands of Galaxies pictured in one small section of the sky and tell me Aliens know we are here and can reach us in our life times.

Bronx33
11-02-2011, 06:38 PM
How anyone is going to find us, a needle in the haystack as big as our universe when we have only been broadcasting signs of life for right around 100 years.

Just contemplate the size of our own Galaxy then take a look at the Hubble Deep field picture where there are thousands of Galaxies pictured in one small section of the sky and tell me Aliens know we are here and can reach us in our life times.

gene knows....... yes gene knows.

broncosteven
11-02-2011, 06:42 PM
BTW not sure when the Denver area PBS stations show NOVA but it is on tonight here in Chicago, it is a show about the Fabric of the Cosmos and dark matter.

Must see TV!

TheReverend
11-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Maths, duh

Broncos4tw
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Why would they bother to come here? The sightings really ramped up when our first nuclear tests occurred. Roswell happened near both the time -and- location of our first nuclear test. Many sightings have happened at nuclear facilities, including a report by military brass about a UFO interrupting a nuclear missile test, and other nuclear facilities becoming defunct for a period of during UFO sightings. Doesn't seem a stretch to think they are simply monitoring a still rather barbaric civilization who are now playing with nuclear weapons. If I were an alien species, I think I'd monitor them as well, especially when you combine nuclear weapons + burgeoning space travel.

Punisher
11-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Its obvious aliens are saints fans.

:~ohyah!:

epicSocialism4tw
11-03-2011, 12:39 AM
It was Baja and his lizard people bro's checking out the game.

No biggie.

epicSocialism4tw
11-03-2011, 12:46 AM
No, he's not a skeptic at all. Quite the opposite in fact:

"insisted Marc Dantonio, chief photo and video analyst for the Mutual UFO Network."

MUFON are skeptics. Its actually a pretty cool organization. I was surprised at the professionalism of the members I saw on a TV show about UFO's.

They basically set out to prove claims wrong, and the ones that stand up they don't really make a definitive claim about...they just leave them open for further scrutiny.

I thought they were a bunch of goobers until I saw that show.

epicSocialism4tw
11-03-2011, 12:47 AM
That "rod" in the golf video is the stupidest thing I've seen in a while. It's a golfer hitting a ball a bay to the left of him. What was the point of putting that video in the article? Did the author even watch it?

Dude...its Huffington Post. They're not the most credible of sources.

Rohirrim
11-03-2011, 07:21 AM

And here, I thought you had faith in technology. For the sake of argument, look at our technological advances over the last one hundred years. Now imagine a planet of sentient beings who are a thousand years ahead of us. Or two thousand. Or ten thousand.

What we may think of us as insurmountable obstacles might be nothing more to them than knowledge their third graders learn in school. ;D

Like you say, look at the deep field pictures of galaxies. Knowing that this represents billions upon billions of stars, and probably solar systems, it's mathematically certain that life exists on many, if not most of them. And then, it's also mathematically certain that many of those contain sentient life, after which, it's also a certainty that some will be more advanced than we are.

TheReverend
11-03-2011, 07:24 AM
MUFON are skeptics. Its actually a pretty cool organization. I was surprised at the professionalism of the members I saw on a TV show about UFO's.

They basically set out to prove claims wrong, and the ones that stand up they don't really make a definitive claim about...they just leave them open for further scrutiny.

I thought they were a bunch of goobers until I saw that show.

...Definitely not the opinion I walked away with on the shows I've seen them on.

HILife
11-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Tebow

Play2win
11-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Thor returning to Earth from Asguard.

Play2win
11-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Thor returning to Earth from Asguard.

alkemical
11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
You can use anti-gravity to create a wormhole that would then allow for point to point travel.

Pony Boy
11-03-2011, 10:18 AM
You can use anti-gravity to create a wormhole that would then allow for point to point travel.

Man has not evolved high enough to experience time travel through wormholes, that type of life form may exist in another universe but will probably never evolve on our planet.

alkemical
11-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Man has not evolved high enough to experience time travel through wormholes, that type of life form may exist in another universe but will probably never evolve on our planet.

I didn't say it was "man". I think the insectiods probably have this knowledge, but it's hard to trust insectiods sometimes. You're aren't sure of anything more than their knowledge from their hive-mind. it seems though that the reptoids are advancing the prion-zombie mutation to speed up the zombie apocalypse though.

Rohirrim
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FYznOrMGkhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

epicSocialism4tw
11-03-2011, 11:25 AM
...Definitely not the opinion I walked away with on the shows I've seen them on.

They debunked everyone they came across except for one, which they just kind of left open for further scrutiny. They pwned this popular Mexican TV show on UFO's by discrediting both the show host and the guy who provides most of their video evidence. Thats the part that changed my opinion of them. But that's the extent of what I have been exposed to.

Dang Lynn Dong
11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

ohh you mean like this??
http://youtu.be/LP1W5i7vBYg

broncosteven
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
And here, I thought you had faith in technology. For the sake of argument, look at our technological advances over the last one hundred years. Now imagine a planet of sentient beings who are a thousand years ahead of us. Or two thousand. Or ten thousand.

What we may think of us as insurmountable obstacles might be nothing more to them than knowledge their third graders learn in school. ;D

Like you say, look at the deep field pictures of galaxies. Knowing that this represents billions upon billions of stars, and probably solar systems, it's mathematically certain that life exists on many, if not most of them. And then, it's also mathematically certain that many of those contain sentient life, after which, it's also a certainty that some will be more advanced than we are.

I have so much faith in technology that I believe in Kurzweil's Singularity will happen within the next 100 years. Ray has a strong argument of exponential growth. The only problem I see with his singularity as well as aliens finding and traveling to us are analog (physics) issues.

The Kurzweil Singularity will boil down to an adaptation issue with our physical bodies but it could happen in the near future. Harnessing the power to fold space and time to make long distance (talking exponentally long distances here) space/time travel possible is uncomprehensible. Even with exponential computing/knowledge growth.

Here is the thing: one traveling from lets say a neighbooring galaxy to our own would not have to cross only space but time as well, space and time are bound together. What we see when we look out into space on a clear night is light from stars millions of years younger than we are we are looking back into time. For them to travel to us at this point in time would require time travel.

Think about it this way, when you look at the sun you are seeing what happend 8 minutes ago. There was a couple seconds of delay between communications of the Apollo Astrounauts on the moon and MOCR. Both are physical space/time issues.

To physically travel through space like Star Trek or Star Wars did and still be on the same time line as your siblings who stayed home is impossible without time travel.

One would have to build a craft that could locate an object in space and then pinpoint a time in which you want to visit it based on the objects time relative to the time of the big bang, in some instances you would have to be in 2 places at once depending on where you are and where you want to visit.

Too many paradoxes to overcome. Not to mention the ammount of matter/anti-matter needed to generate that much energy to fold one point of space/time to another point with the accuracy needed.

So yes I believe there are life forms out there that are equal or many times more advanced than we are, we are just too far away to be able to communicate or visit them on any kind of parallel timeline.

Broncos4tw
11-03-2011, 12:56 PM
So yes I believe there are life forms out there that are equal or many times more advanced than we are, we are just too far away to be able to communicate or visit them on any kind of parallel timeline.

It's ridiculous to assume we understand enough to even make intelligent guesses on what technology is or isn't possible. We don't have a clue. We are technologically speaking, infants. 200 years ago we'd have scoffed at things we know and can do now. 1,000 years from now we'll laugh at how primative we are.

Qauntum physics - we are barely scratching the surface. But the possibilities of that branch of science alone, offers amazing possibilities at travelling (or communicating) at massive distances. And we know next to nothing about it.

There is no doubt in my mind, that a civilization 10,000 + years advance over our own, could very probably and rather easily get around the distance and time involved with space travel.

bendog
11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Y'all are going to hell, and it'll be damn hot for you there ... there's yer gol darned gorbal warming too.

epicSocialism4tw
11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Y'all are going to hell, and it'll be damn hot for you there ... there's yer gol darned gorbal warming too.

http://drugster.info/img/drug/10974_11055_1.jpg

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-03-2011, 02:04 PM
i spoke with the cigarette smoking man he says its nothing now move along before something happens.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
everyone check your watches perhaps everyone on earth was abducted and given anal probes

Bronx33
11-03-2011, 05:30 PM
everyone check your watches perhaps everyone on earth was abducted and given anal probes

Some will be happy about this and some not so happy about this.

broncosteven
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM
It's ridiculous to assume we understand enough to even make intelligent guesses on what technology is or isn't possible. We don't have a clue. We are technologically speaking, infants. 200 years ago we'd have scoffed at things we know and can do now. 1,000 years from now we'll laugh at how primative we are.

Qauntum physics - we are barely scratching the surface. But the possibilities of that branch of science alone, offers amazing possibilities at travelling (or communicating) at massive distances. And we know next to nothing about it.

There is no doubt in my mind, that a civilization 10,000 + years advance over our own, could very probably and rather easily get around the distance and time involved with space travel.

Contemplate this picture from one small slice of our sky and then rethink what would it take to get from a galaxy on the left side of the picture to a galaxy on the right side of the picture.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/56538main_HUDF_330.jpg

Here is the link to the full size version: http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/56533main_MM_image_feature_142_jwfull.jpg

ZONA
11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
It's obviously a weather balloon illuminated by venus reflecting off swamp gas.

That was my 2nd guess. My 1st guess was that it was one of the 5000 or so dead satellites still in orbit. If one of those falls to earth, and the sun is reflecting off the moon at precisely 17 degrees and the humidity level is 30% or higher, smog particles will reflect on the satellite (if it's 200 meters or higher from the ground) causing it to appear as if it's an alien spaceship with funny lights.

My 3rd guess was that it was a giant alien space shark with frickin laser beams attached to it's head.

ZONA
11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Contemplate this picture from one small slice of our sky and then rethink what would it take to get from a galaxy on the left side of the picture to a galaxy on the right side of the picture.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/56538main_HUDF_330.jpg

Here is the link to the full size version: http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/56533main_MM_image_feature_142_jwfull.jpg

Not only are the distances in space just mind blowing, most people don't really understand just how many important factors would have to be in place for a species to evolve into an intelligent advanced being capable of long distance space travel. So you have all the important factors that have to be in place for life to even take place, then many many more for life to evolve into intelligent beings, then it's a race against time because there are literally a thousand + things that could end it all in an instant. Then after all that, then you can contemplate space travel and physics. Can anything larger then an atom travel the speed of light, which still isn't fast enough to go very far in the vast universe. Hell, moving at light speed, it would take 100,000 years to go from one side of the Milky Way to the other. Anything is possible as they say but if you're trying to make an educated guess, you'd have to say that traveling very far in space is not very realistic.

broncosteven
11-03-2011, 06:25 PM
That was my 2nd guess. My 1st guess was that it was one of the 5000 or so dead satellites still in orbit. If one of those falls to earth, and the sun is reflecting off the moon at precisely 17 degrees and the humidity level is 30% or higher, smog particles will reflect on the satellite (if it's 200 meters or higher from the ground) causing it to appear as if it's an alien spaceship with funny lights.

My 3rd guess was that it was a giant alien space shark with frickin laser beams attached to it's head.

so long and thanks for the fish

2KBack
11-03-2011, 06:28 PM
http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

Broncos4tw
11-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Except that with quantum physics, due to matter being waves of probability, an atom can react to another atom moving.. even across an entire galaxy, at the exact same moment. Using the theories which we barely understand, we already can anticipate utilizing this sort of technology for traveling over -massive- distances.. instantly. Like I said.. we are discovering this in a mere 100 years. In 10,000, you honestly don't think an advanced race couldn't break the distance issue with space travel?

Maybe you just know everything. You should be a scientist! See if you can pick up a job at CERN, I think they are hiring.

broncosteven
11-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Except that with quantum physics, due to matter being waves of probability, an atom can react to another atom moving.. even across an entire galaxy, at the exact same moment. Using the theories which we barely understand, we already can anticipate utilizing this sort of technology for traveling over -massive- distances.. instantly. Like I said.. we are discovering this in a mere 100 years. In 10,000, you honestly don't think an advanced race couldn't break the distance issue with space travel?

Maybe you just know everything. You should be a scientist! See if you can pick up a job at CERN, I think they are hiring.

You talking about bosons and string theory? It is very interesting stuff, I thought there was a lot left to be worked out with string theory but I have been wrong before. It would be awesome to travel to other planets across space and time but if you want my OPINION I don't know if any race could make it 15,000 years before finding a way to destroy itself or use up all it's resources. That is just my OPINION.

I live a couple miles from Fermilab here in IL, too bad they had to shut down their collider maybe they can take me in to do theoretical stuff because my math sucks and my back is too bad to hold a mop.

Nope I don't know everything, I am very human and make lots of mistakes but I do enjoy reading/watching anything I can get my hands on about space/physics/quantum mech/string theory though, sure beats watching reruns of Threes Company in my old age.

Vine
11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Fascinating thread, I have always loved space, and love these types of discussions.

As for the object, I am convinced it is a meteor.

Rohirrim
11-04-2011, 07:10 AM
http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

I knew he'd show up in this thread. :rofl:

Rohirrim
11-04-2011, 07:15 AM
You talking about bosons and string theory? It is very interesting stuff, I thought there was a lot left to be worked out with string theory but I have been wrong before. It would be awesome to travel to other planets across space and time but if you want my OPINION I don't know if any race could make it 15,000 years before finding a way to destroy itself or use up all it's resources. That is just my OPINION.

I live a couple miles from Fermilab here in IL, too bad they had to shut down their collider maybe they can take me in to do theoretical stuff because my math sucks and my back is too bad to hold a mop.

Nope I don't know everything, I am very human and make lots of mistakes but I do enjoy reading/watching anything I can get my hands on about space/physics/quantum mech/string theory though, sure beats watching reruns of Threes Company in my old age.

That's my point, there's still so much we don't know. Hell, the concept of dark energy is brand new, although Einstein had a hint of its existence. What other things exist in the universe that we have no clue about? Perhaps bending the fabric of space-time will not be so unimaginable to future astrophysicists. I imagine before the Wright Bros got up in the air, most people though such an endeavor as manned flight was just too ridiculous to contemplate.

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I knew he'd show up in this thread. :rofl:

It should have come sooner.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29885/1748659-japanese_culture_is_so_weird_they_must_be_aliens_s uper.jpg

Powderaddict
11-04-2011, 09:33 AM

I get what you are saying, and I do beleive that the more discoveries are made more questions are created than answered.

But, Eintstien was a pretty smart dude. The laws of physics can't be changed. Maybe there are discoveries that will allow mass to travel FTL. But if the laws of physics do not allow it, no matter what we discover that won't change.

jhns
11-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I get what you are saying, and I do beleive that the more discoveries are made more questions are created than answered.

But, Eintstien was a pretty smart dude. The laws of physics can't be changed. Maybe there are discoveries that will allow mass to travel FTL. But if the laws of physics do not allow it, no matter what we discover that won't change.

Einstiens theories don't rule out worm holes/ the ability to fold space time. They also don't apply to quantum physics. This is actually the biggest mystery to us right now. No one is able to bridge the gap between relativity and quantum physics. The smallest stuff has a completely different set of rules than the big stuff.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
im gonna go out on a limb here and say its space garbage or some kid in a rocket ship from krypton landed in some 2 bit town called smallville , or a small furry wisecracking cat eating aardvark snout looking alien. im shure the cigarette smoking man will check into it. thats if that meddler mulder and skully dont get to it first

bendog
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
I wanna hear McGruders take on quantum physics.

Broncos4tw
11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Fascinating thread, I have always loved space, and love these types of discussions.

As for the object, I am convinced it is a meteor.

The object is a plane. There are actually four "objects," but they are all planes coming in for a landing.

lod01
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
It's The Tebow in his spaceship. His play is out of this world.

Vine
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM
The object is a plane. There are actually four "objects," but they are all planes coming in for a landing.

Yeah, there was more than one object. But no way in hell those were planes coming in for a landing. When planes come in for a landing, they don't zip across the screen in a blur. Maybe it was a bigger meteor, and it broke up into smaller meteors as it entered the Earth's atmosphere.

Broncos4tw
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah, there was more than one object. But no way in hell those were planes coming in for a landing. When planes come in for a landing, they don't zip across the screen in a blur. Maybe it was a bigger meteor, and it broke up into smaller meteors as it entered the Earth's atmosphere.

Watch the original video in its entirety. Look not at the sky, but at the lower-left, at the traffic. You'll note that the cars seem to be moving at 800 MPH or so. i.e. this is a time lapse video, and those were four planes coming in for landings, probably over a period of 40 minutes or so.

Spider
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
out of all those stars and unknown planets , this is the only one with life on it ........... good thinking

Eldorado
11-04-2011, 02:49 PM
You ever see any aliens out on those lonely roads, spider? I heard laramie wyo used to be a hot bed.

Vine
11-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Watch the original video in its entirety. Look not at the sky, but at the lower-left, at the traffic. You'll note that the cars seem to be moving at 800 MPH or so. i.e. this is a time lapse video, and those were four planes coming in for landings, probably over a period of 40 minutes or so.

Okay, I do barely see something moving flickering extremely fast in the lower left part of the screen. I agree that it is plausible then that supports your notion that this is a sped up video showing the objects as airplanes coming in to land in super fast motion.

I find it kinda odd that the network would show a super fast forward time lapse of a scene in the host city, and pass it off as a real-time image.

I will admit that it is more likely those are airplanes, than meteors.

Spider
11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
You ever see any aliens out on those lonely roads, spider? I heard laramie wyo used to be a hot bed.

well I did see something one night out on Highway 160 about 100 miles west of Kim colorado near 1:30 in the am , I left Alamosa colo way over weight , so I went that way to San Antonio instead of I 25 to 84 , there was a red light , about the size of a volkswagen outside my drivers window , at first I blew it off , but it kept following , I pulled over to piss and it stopped , no other cars around , so I get back in the truck and take off it goes with me it stayed with me until I took county rd ww and 287 , and like that it was gone ..... I dont know what it was , I am sure I didnt get an anal probe so it is all good ;D

epicSocialism4tw
11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
well I did see something one night out on Highway 160 about 100 miles west of Kim colorado near 1:30 in the am , I left Alamosa colo way over weight , so I went that way to San Antonio instead of I 25 to 84 , there was a red light , about the size of a volkswagen outside my drivers window , at first I blew it off , but it kept following , I pulled over to piss and it stopped , no other cars around , so I get back in the truck and take off it goes with me it stayed with me until I took county rd ww and 287 , and like that it was gone ..... I dont know what it was , I am sure I didnt get an anal probe so it is all good

Sounds like an STD to me. Herpes from a truck stop hooker?

Spider
11-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Sounds like an STD to me. Herpes from a truck stop hooker?

well I considered that , then I thought maybe there is a god , but the thought of some guy getting killed turning into a zombie saving us all was way to far fetched to believe ...... so I settled with dont know what it is ........

epicSocialism4tw
11-04-2011, 08:58 PM
well I considered that.

Of course you did.

Spider
11-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Of course you did.

of course I had to seeing how we was almost brother in laws ........ Hope she is doing better ...

epicSocialism4tw
11-04-2011, 09:06 PM
of course I had to seeing how we was almost brother in laws ........ Hope she is doing better ...

Your understanding of your neighbors' sheep is strange.

Spider
11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Your understanding of your neighbors' sheep is strange.

I am sure it was you role playing .... how many sheep do you know shout Obama is a Socialist

Houshyamama
11-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I wanna hear McGruders take on quantum physics.

No, you really really don't.

TomServo
11-05-2011, 12:33 AM
so, we are the top of the line in the entire universe? we have an idiot in charge of the most powerful nation on the planet that cant comprehend the most simple economic theories? we get along in internal combustion engine vehicles? we raced to the nearest satelitte but then gave up?
no wonder the intelligent beings in the universe who have mastered space-interdimesional travel, come to our planet and f- with us like we are retarded.
we are the swamp cul de sac of the galaxy like in that movie neighbors

epicSocialism4tw
11-05-2011, 12:44 AM
so, we are the top of the line in the entire universe? we have an idiot in charge of the most powerful nation on the planet that cant comprehend the most simple economic theories? we get along in internal combustion engine vehicles? we raced to the nearest satelitte but then gave up?
no wonder the intelligent beings in the universe who have mastered space-interdimesional travel, come to our planet and f- with us like we are retarded.
we are the swamp cul de sac of the galaxy like in that movie neighbors

Ha!

Glee is the magnum opus of the human race. Just a hair ahead of Jersey Shore, Communism, and the Snuggie.

TomServo
11-05-2011, 12:56 AM
my theory of ufo sightings and probings.... are of drunk alien teens coming to earth and messing with us.:rofl: