PDA

View Full Version : Who still has faith in Tebow?

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Anyone???

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Faith: NO

2-5 yrs later somewhere else: maybe but, not in Denver

Even though I say this I like the guy and wish him the best all athlete's should follow his lead.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I do. Last week he outplayed Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb. We're talking fantasy, right?

jhns
My opinion hasn't changed. He is outplaying Orton. I don't think any of these QBs are good. Tebow needs a chance to prove himself because he has shown he is the best option this team has. If he sucks, we will be in a great position to draft his replacement.

If is very funny how panicky this fanbase is.

bronco militia
not with this franchise

ColoradoDarin
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Yes.

I don't have faith in McCoy to put in schemes to play to his strengths (or Orton, or Quinn). McCoy is a giant bag of fail, we should have stuffed his *** in McD's trunk on the way out of town.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Yes.

I don't have faith in McCoy to put in schemes to play to his strengths (or Orton, or Quinn). McCoy is a giant bag of fail, we should have stuffed his *** in McD's trunk on the way out of town.

Mike Klis (I know he sucks) disagrees with you.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/01/shotgun-stats-say-broncos-molding-offense-specifically-for-tebow/10503/

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 02:49 PM
When Tebow is coached well - usually he does this himself - you see his ability.

The problem is the team and coaches. Get them right and the sky is the limit..

ColoradoDarin
11-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Mike Klis (I know he sucks) disagrees with you.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/01/shotgun-stats-say-broncos-molding-offense-specifically-for-tebow/10503/

Just putting Tebow in shotgun is playcalling, not scheme. I'm talking more about this (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/when-the-circus-leaves-town-whats-left)

I mentioned the lack of outlets in the passing scheme, and thatís also been very troubling. Itís not a new concept that itís best to give a QB an automatic checkdown option on every play, especially ones with 5- or 7-step drops, and a lot of downfield routes. For some reason, the Broncos havenít been doing so this season.

This leads to people saying that Tebow is holding the ball too long. Sometimes he almost certainly is, and thereís a throw to be made that we canít see with the tight camera angle on the pocket. A lot of times, though, Tebow has no checkdown option, and nothing has developed downfield by the time the rush gets there. When youíre minimum-protecting a 5-step drop (and youíre the Broncos), somebody better get open quickly, because that rush is coming.

I take this, frankly, as stubborn adherence to a scheme that counts on much better protection than the Broncos can presently provide. Tom Brady usually has all day to find somebody, so he doesnít need a checkdown as much.

My overarching point here is that the scheme, as it relates to protection and outlets, is not particularly conducive to anybody being successful behind the Broncos' current offensive line. People like to bang Mike McCoy for play-calling, but my bigger beef with the guy is schematic.

NUB
11-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes because he's a young QB. To ditch on a young QB after a handful of games is absurd.

Blart
11-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Still?

Option 3) "Never had faith in Tebow"

Atwater His Ass
11-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Absolutely.

GreeleyGrizzley
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not going to jump ship yet.

TheDave
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Never did... then again I'm old enough to have seen several of these option QB reclamation projects.

McDman
11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
My opinion hasn't changed. He is outplaying Orton. I don't think any of these QBs are good. Tebow needs a chance to prove himself because he has shown he is the best option this team has. If he sucks, we will be in a great position to draft his replacement.

If is very funny how panicky this fanbase is.

He is not outplaying Orton.

orinjkrush
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
depends on how inflexible my scheme is. if it can't be tweaked, he's not a fit.

if it can be modified, then the sky is the limit. Timmy won't probably be a Norm Van Brocklin. He might be a Terry Bradshaw, though.

depends on how far you are "up and locked".

Jekyll15Hyde
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Never did. Anybody who does is projecting...

MileHighMagic
11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I do. Too bad the guys calling the shots don't.

go_broncos
11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I still have a faith in Tebow..If he fails, we are in deep trouble.

Mr.Meanie
11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
To be honest, I tebow to Tebow every night, if you know what I mean

BroncoBen
11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Mark me down as.. No.
From what I see Tebow could be the worst QB in the league, who looks worse ?

DBroncos4life
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I have faith in Tebow, not so much in the staff around him. I still don't think he should be starting. His flaws keep getting highlighted week in and week out. If he doesn't improve and I really don't see how he can with this team right now it forces us to draft a QB in the first round next year. JMO

Jay3
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Mark me down as.. No.
From what I see Tebow could be the worst QB in the league, who looks worse ?

Gabbert.

Taco John
11-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know that faith is what I'd say I have in Tebow. Maybe a glimmer of hope. That first drive, he was money. It blows my mind that he could have a drive like that, and then watch it all fall apart for the rest of the game.

Aside from having hope, I'm trying to look at this very practically. I do no like the idea of using a bunch of early draft picks over the next three years to draft a QB. I would rather see us stick it out with Tebow one more year, draft a Veteran QB to come in and compete for a job, draft a late round QB, and then use our high picks to fix the defense, the offensive line, and maybe find a long term answer at runningback. I think ti would be a mistake to trade three first round picks for a QB right now.

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I am going to give him a fair shot just like i gave orton.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Faith? In a football player? No.

Hope? Yeah, I've got that. I'd rather not have to draft another QB so soon.

But reality is SO stark. I mean, one of the arguments FOR Tebow was the ability to convert on third down... and he's one of the worst in the league at that.

Has anyone had more three-and-outs than the Broncos since Tebow took over? I'd be interested to see those numbers.

I don't know. As awful as Orton was at times -- and he was awful -- watching Tebow do whatever-the-****-that-was on Sunday was downright painful.

Houshyamama
No

oubronco
Yes.

Shotgun stats say Broncos molding offense specifically for Tebow

Houshyamama
11-01-2011, 04:55 PM

But reality is SO stark. I mean, one of the arguments FOR Tebow was the ability to convert on third down... and he's one of the worst in the league at that.

Has anyone had more three-and-outs than the Broncos since Tebow took over? I'd be interested to see those numbers.

I don't know. As awful as Orton was at times -- and he was awful -- watching Tebow do whatever-the-****-that-was on Sunday was downright painful.

Faith is trust, hope and belief in the goodness, trustworthiness or reliability of a person, concept or entity. Were you making it religious?

WolfpackGuy
11-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Not converting a third down for two consecutive first halves is a tad alarming.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Faith is trust, hope and belief in the goodness, trustworthiness or reliability of a person, concept or entity. Were you making it religious?

I guess maybe I was.

Still, though, I've had the kind of faith you're describing in two players ever. John Elway and Nolan Ryan. Tebow's not on that level, no matter how many times MacGoober says otherwise.

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM

So why not give him more than 2 games then if they are molding it for him?

Houshyamama
11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I guess maybe I was.

Still, though, I've had the kind of faith you're describing in two players ever. John Elway and Nolan Ryan. Tebow's not on that level, no matter how many times MacGoober says otherwise.

LOL fair enough

I think a better question would be: Who still has faith in Tebow's potential?

oubronco
11-01-2011, 05:03 PM
So why not give him more than 2 games then if they are molding it for him?

They will play him the rest of the season if they have half a brain

DBroncos4life
11-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Orton on 3rd downs this year: 27/43 262 yards 62% 6 ypa 3 TDs 3 INTs 3 Sacks 74 rating 2 rushes 21 yards 10.5 avg
Tebow on 3rd downs this year: 6/17 25 yards 35% 1.4 ypa 1 TDs 1 INTs 6 Sacks 39 rating 5 rushes 19 yards 3.8 avg

It's sad that Orton is even out rushing Tebow on third downs.

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
They will play him the rest of the season if they have half a brain

I can see a fundamental flaw here...

ColoradoDarin
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3353969&postcount=9

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
What do we gain if orton goes back in? maybe one or two wins ( maybe) and i am being generous and the next big question is ( what does it accomplish in the end?) i am going to with ( nothing)

oubronco
11-01-2011, 05:13 PM
What do we gain if orton goes back in? maybe one or two wins ( maybe) and i am being generous and the next big question is ( what does it accomplish in the end?)

I don't think they'll win another game with either QB

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't think they'll win another game with either QB

And i wouldn't say that statement is fundamentally flawed.

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 05:17 PM
People need to accept our position and get the most out of it clearly 30% of the folks around here have packed it up and want 2 wins to make it all better vs simply letting the kid play.

DBroncos4life
11-01-2011, 05:34 PM
What do we gain if orton goes back in? maybe one or two wins ( maybe) and i am being generous and the next big question is ( what does it accomplish in the end?) i am going to with ( nothing)

Why does it have to be Orton coming back in? Orton has no future here. If Tebow is benched its clear his future is over in Denver. We need to at least see if Quinn is worth even trying to resign as a stop gap for our QBOTF.

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Why does it have to be Orton coming back in? Orton has no future here. If Tebow is benched its clear his future is over in Denver. We need to at least see if Quinn is worth even trying to resign as a stop gap for our QBOTF.

Damn i just hate kicking a guy to the curb without giving him a full chance lets face one thing ( this season is toast)i just say give it all to tebow and let him determine his future here. It would only be the fair thing to do imo as far as quinn is concerned ( he doesn't have anything better going on) and guys like him are a dime a dozen only he knows the play book ( thats his worth).

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Not converting a third down for two consecutive first halves is a tad alarming.

It shouldn't be... teams are throwing everything they have at Tebow when he is in the pocket. The offense has to adapt to the scheme they are presented.

If Tebow played worse in the second half than the first then you should be worried..

TT just has to figure out how to adapt to different defenses. When he does he will be fine. Remember.. he didn't play in a pro style all through high school and college. He will figure it out. He is changing all his mechanics and motion too.

TailgateNut
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Bawahahahah!

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Gabbert.

Gabbert has a better runner than Tebow too.. both about equally bad teams though. Both have offensively clueless defensive coaches..

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Not letting tebow go the rest of the season basically ends his time here imo there is so much wrong with the broncos right now you cant let it end like that without giving him a fair shot ( its beyond stupid) and iam not a tebow homer i prefer to be smart and evaluate the situation completely before i throw it away.

GreatBronco16
11-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Yes, but very little now.

Punisher
11-01-2011, 06:32 PM
lol I didn't knew people will be so silly to have faith in him

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 06:34 PM
lol I didn't knew people will be so silly to have faith in him

Now i understand why people make fun of you.

Jay3
11-01-2011, 06:36 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1npYS1G9Nn0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
11-01-2011, 06:37 PM
lol I didn't knew people will be so silly to have faith in him.

Punisher
11-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Now i understand why people make fun of you.

Oh Ok kool lol

broncocalijohn
11-01-2011, 08:08 PM
If it is faith, then yes, he can be improve to be a QB. Not sure if he can spare us this year but I completely want to believe it and we didnt waste a first round pick on him.

montrose
11-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I just haven't seen the accuracy consistently enough to make me think he can have the Broncos competing a high level at the rate the league is more towards passing attacks. In time he can improve in some areas but there are some things he's tried and tried to work on that right now I wouldn't have confidence will get up to par. Dissapointing to say the least.

bowtown
11-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Nope.

I'll root for him for a few more games though.

bombay
11-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Tebow deserves to take every snap for the rest of this season.

maher_tyler
11-01-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm going 60/40...40% chance he succeeds.

MrPeepers
11-01-2011, 08:37 PM
i liked what I saw last year. So far this year it's garbage, but I do think used correctly he's exciting and can challenge a defense. I don't see many targets and he needs an offseason which he may not get,.

bowtown
11-01-2011, 08:43 PM
It shouldn't be... teams are throwing everything they have at Tebow when he is in the pocket. The offense has to adapt to the scheme they are presented.

If Tebow played worse in the second half than the first then you should be worried..

TT just has to figure out how to adapt to different defenses. When he does he will be fine. Remember.. he didn't play in a pro style all through high school and college. He will figure it out. He is changing all his mechanics and motion too.

If Tebow flames out and ends up in Canada, will you also be reexamining all the other "truths" you hold dear and perhaps let in the possibility that most of them are just never going to get to that third phase? I can't imagine that you will, I think even a small crack in the armor might cause the whole little fantasy world you've built for yourself to come crashing down. If that ever happens, I don't envy the person who has to try to help you pick it back up.

But there I go witch hunting again...

strafen
11-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I support Tebow as much as the next guy, but let's face it, what we've seen in these last two games cannot be sugarcoated...
He can't throw for lick.

That being said, I'm still hoping he makes it another 4 more games which is what he'd need to figure things out and see if an improvement can be seen by then

Yeah, his mechanical and footwork won't go away in the next four games, I get that.
All I want to see is a sliver of hope that he's going to be ok. Too soon to give up on him. He needs, and we need the rest of the season to see where he is.

I'm convinced he has not been properly coached, and by that he may have been overcoached to the point he's been to uptight and not being able to perform the way he should, or just not coached in a systematic way where things are taken one at a time...

We all wanted to see him play to see if he's the future or not. I think at this point it's safe to say the odds are stacked against him big time...

A QB at the level Tebow is at would need at least 2 years to develop. The hype and criticism surrounding Tebow would never allow those two years to wait for him.
Fair or not, he would have to do it this year. It sucks, but that's the way it is...

Now, if he plays out the season and we still won win, then we would be in a position to draft a QB in next year's draft, that to tell you the truth, it's anybody's guess where we would be picking at.

Having a potential "elite" QB still doesn't guarantee our woes would go away. This team needs help across the board.
OL still a weak phase of our team, the DL or the whole defense for that matter is also in need of a drastic makeover.

In closing. I'd like to say, **** YOU McDaniels. **** you, you incompetent a-hole!

errand
11-01-2011, 10:04 PM
When Tebow is coached well - usually he does this himself - you see his ability.

The problem is the team and coaches. Get them right and the sky is the limit..

Well hells bells if we were going to surround a quarterback with a better team we could of done that with orton you clown

Popps
11-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't know that faith is what I'd say I have in Tebow. Maybe a glimmer of hope. That first drive, he was money. It blows my mind that he could have a drive like that, and then watch it all fall apart for the rest of the game.

Aside from having hope, I'm trying to look at this very practically. I do no like the idea of using a bunch of early draft picks over the next three years to draft a QB. I would rather see us stick it out with Tebow one more year, draft a Veteran QB to come in and compete for a job, draft a late round QB, and then use our high picks to fix the defense, the offensive line, and maybe find a long term answer at runningback. I think ti would be a mistake to trade three first round picks for a QB right now.

You're getting much more logical with age.

That said, we could probably invest one high pick in a QB and be in good shape. There have been plenty of quality QBs taken early to mid first round.
I wouldn't be opposed to that. As for the Luck thing, that's not going to happen so it's not worth going over.

peacepipe
11-01-2011, 11:57 PM

Aside from having hope, I'm trying to look at this very practically. I do no like the idea of using a bunch of early draft picks over the next three years to draft a QB. I would rather see us stick it out with Tebow one more year, draft a Veteran QB to come in and compete for a job, draft a late round QB, and then use our high picks to fix the defense, the offensive line, and maybe find a long term answer at runningback. I think ti would be a mistake to trade three first round picks for a QB right now.only to see that vet qb become the starter? not happening. it would be a mistake to think tebow will ever be more than what he is right now. Tebow is a 4-5 yr project,no way EFX is going to wait that long.

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Well hells bells if we were going to surround a quarterback with a better team we could of done that with orton you clown

They don't necessarily have to be better.. just different.. build a system around Tebow's abilities not Kyle's.

The point was never that Tebow would be better as a starter.. the point was he couldn't do worse and you are wasting valuable time where Tebow could be developing.. you can't develop on the bench. You can't get used to playing in the NFL system on the bench...

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 12:08 AM
If Tebow flames out and ends up in Canada, will you also be reexamining all the other "truths" you hold dear and perhaps let in the possibility that most of them are just never going to get to that third phase? I can't imagine that you will, I think even a small crack in the armor might cause the whole little fantasy world you've built for yourself to come crashing down. If that ever happens, I don't envy the person who has to try to help you pick it back up.

But there I go witch hunting again...

Right.. me and Jon Gruden.. as well as many other hall of famers who have said Tebow will be successful..

I juts don't think people are looking at this situation realistically at all. It's incredible he has been as good as he has with everyhting he has against him.

fontaine
11-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Let's just see what he can do over the course of the season.

joe9999
11-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Too early to say. The question should be.

Who thinks Tebow should be given more time?

Yes and screw the TV analysts who are ready to throw him under the bus already.

jhns
11-02-2011, 06:18 AM
What I find funny about the panicky Bronco fans is that Tebow has played better than about half the QBs in the league over the past two weeks. He was easily better than 17 QBs last week alone. There were only 25 other teams that played... This is in his 4th and 5th start...

Last weeks QBs(haven't done this weeks yet): http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3344887&postcount=96

With that, we have posters who claim they know something about football, saying that Tebow is the worst in the league... Then you claim you aren't just haters...

Some also act like these ass whoopins are new. GB beat us down this season. Last season under Orton saw: 43-13 Arizona, 10-6 KC, 35-14 SD, 59-14 OAK, 31-17 SEA. Now you are calling Tebow a failure for losing to a far better team? This fanbase is pretty pathetic.

Expectations are crazy around here.

Mr. Elway
11-02-2011, 06:29 AM
What I find funny about the panicky Bronco fans is that Tebow has played better than about half the QBs in the league over the past two weeks. He was easily better than 17 QBs last week alone. There were only 25 other teams that played... This is in his 4th and 5th start...

Some also act like these ass whoopins are new. GB beat us down this season. Last season under Orton saw: 43-13 Arizona, 10-6 KC, 35-14 SD, 59-14 OAK, 31-17 SEA. Now you are calling Tebow a failure for losing to a far better team? This fanbase is pretty pathetic.

Expectations are crazy around here.

bizarro jhns trying to sell optimism and patience. :~ohyah!:

Paladin
11-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Yep. I have little faith in TEBOW....

Paladin
11-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Right.. me and Jon Gruden.. as well as many other hall of famers who have said Tebow will be successful..

You're a hall of famer? Of what? Clowns? Not to make too fine a point here, but that would fit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 07:07 AM
They don't necessarily have to be better.. just different.. build a system around Tebow's abilities not Kyle's.

The point was never that Tebow would be better as a starter.. the point was he couldn't do worse and you are wasting valuable time where Tebow could be developing.. you can't develop on the bench. You can't get used to playing in the NFL system on the bench...

So instead of replacing one player, we'll replace 10.

Brilliance.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 07:09 AM
I love how all the Tebow fans, who told us last year and this year not to look at Orton's stats because they don't matter, but to look at what you're seeing on the field because it does, are now telling us to ignore how ****ing TERRIBLE Tebow looks on the field in favor of a stat review.

Idiotic to put it mildly. Less than surprising that jizz is leading this charge of morons.

jhns
11-02-2011, 07:15 AM
I love how all the Tebow fans, who told us last year and this year not to look at Orton's stats because they don't matter, but to look at what you're seeing on the field because it does, are now telling us to ignore how ****ing TERRIBLE Tebow looks on the field in favor of a stat review.

Idiotic to put it mildly. Less than surprising that jizz is leading this charge of morons.

Show me where I said to ignore the stats... I used the stats to show how terrible he is.

LOL @ thinking a guy making his 5th start should be judged the same as a seven year vet. You are the rational one!

Poor McFans trying to overcompensate...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't think he should be judged against a 7 year vet. I think he should be judged as a quarterback.

He isn't one.

Time to let go.

jhns
11-02-2011, 07:23 AM
I don't think he should be judged against a 7 year vet. I think he should be judged as a quarterback.

He isn't one.

Time to let go.

Wtf? You just posted that he should be judged the exact same. The next post, you claim you didn't say it. The posts don't just go away dumbass...

Yeah! He isn't a QB! He bas just outplayed the majority of them as he made his fourth and fifth start! He should just give up!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Wtf? You just posted that he should be judged the exact same. The next post, you claim you didn't say it. The posts don't just go away dumbass...

Yeah! He isn't a QB! He bas just outplayed the majority of them as he made his fourth and fifth start! He should just give up!

Holy ****, you're so retarded. You're literally too stupid to insult. On top of that, you don't have the ability most adults have to enjoy a reasonable debate free of extremes.

Enjoy talking to yourself.

DrFate
11-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Gabbert.

I do think it is interesting that Gabbert's play is equally bad to Tebow's, yet all the media is fascinated with Tebow.

Same media has no problem (or no interest) in Gabbert.

Tale of the tape:

Tebow - 2 starts, 1 win, 46% completion, 4 TDs, 1 INT, rating of 75.1
Gabbert - 45.7% completion, 5 TDs, 4 INTs, rating of 62.0 (Jacksonville is 2-6)

Play2win
11-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Holy ****, you're so retarded. You're literally too stupid to insult. On top of that, you don't have the ability most adults have to enjoy a reasonable debate free of extremes.

He's just a stand alone complex-- copies with no original.

Pony Boy
11-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I'd like to have a pup out of Tebow .

jhns

LOL

"You guy judged Orton like this and not Tebow... Wahhhhhhh...."

"I didn't claim they should be judged the same! Wahhhhh!"

How retarded.

Rohirrim
I'd like to have a pup out of Tebow .

I hear he's a virgin, but keep yourself lubed, just in case. :thumbs:

smoke4815162342
11-02-2011, 08:05 AM
I think Tebow will eventually become a great QB.

It wont be in Denver. EFX aren't interested

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 08:07 AM
I think Tebow will eventually become a great QB.

It wont be in Denver. EFX aren't interested

May I ask what you base this on? Not the second paragraph. Just the first.

Dagmar
11-02-2011, 08:30 AM

He isn't one.

Time to let go.

Giving up on ANY player after 5 starts is utterly stupid, especially if it's a QB who is 2 and 3 in those starts.

Stop fighting with jhns, step out of your stubborn stance you took supporting Orton when most weren't and be serious, or by this point I assume you want Franklin and Moore cut as well.

bronclvr
11-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm just confused, as last Year he made some spectacular throws-I can't help but wonder why it changed ths Year-

I haven't lost faith, and believe like many here that he needs the rest of the seasn-we aren't going anywhere this Year-let the kid play.

We've seen Denver QB's have problems before-

As for the naysayers, if Tebow does well this weekend will you finally do the Tebow"? I'm not talking about him lighting it up, just making, say, 60% of his passes?

This kid has done a lot to get mostly positive attention to the Broncos-

Dagmar
11-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Saying that, if he doesn't improve against Oakland I think I'll crawl under a rock, this place will be HELL.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Giving up on ANY player after 5 starts is utterly stupid, especially if it's a QB who is 2 and 3 in those starts.

Stop fighting with jhns, step out of your stubborn stance you took supporting Orton when most weren't and be serious, or by this point I assume you want Franklin and Moore cut as well.

Here we go.

You're right. Tim is perfect. I hope everything continues as is, because he's proving that he's "better than half the quarterbacks in the league," like jhns says. I loved watching him throw 20 feet over receivers, loved watching him missing his timing routes by being indecisive, loved watching him run around in the pocket before finally taking a sack. MAN, that is fun football to watch.

This has nothing to do with Orton. Nothing. Orton didn't play well enough to hold on to the job; I said on these boards at halftime of the San Diego game that I thought Tebow should be put in. I don't think Orton should be put back in. I don't even think that Tebow should be removed necessarily.

But I've seen absolutely NOTHING that says "Tim Tebow should be the quarterback of this team next year." Nothing at all. he's looked like dog****.

Now, I'm sorry if someone's opposite opinion of your own is too big a leap to accept right now, but that's mine, and no amount of browbeating by you or any of the other unreasonable Tebow homers like jhns and MacGoober are going to change that.

Tim can change it by playing like a quarterback for a change.

BroncoFiend
11-02-2011, 08:47 AM
For me, it is not a matter of faith, merely information. I truly hope they let him start every game for the rest of the year. Let's get a good look at him and see what we have. After all, what would be the point in putting Orton back in? And please don't bring up Quinn

jhns
11-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Here we go.

You're right. Tim is perfect. I hope everything continues as is, because he's proving that he's "better than half the quarterbacks in the league," like jhns says. I loved watching him throw 20 feet over receivers, loved watching him missing his timing routes by being indecisive, loved watching him run around in the pocket before finally taking a sack. MAN, that is fun football to watch.

This has nothing to do with Orton. Nothing. Orton didn't play well enough to hold on to the job; I said on these boards at halftime of the San Diego game that I thought Tebow should be put in. I don't think Orton should be put back in. I don't even think that Tebow should be removed necessarily.

But I've seen absolutely NOTHING that says "Tim Tebow should be the quarterback of this team next year." Nothing at all. he's looked like dog****.

Now, I'm sorry if someone's opposite opinion of your own is too big a leap to accept right now, but that's mine, and no amount of browbeating by you or any of the other unreasonable Tebow homers like jhns and MacGoober are going to change that.

Tim can change it by playing like a quarterback for a change.

LOL at the irrational douche making up arguments to act like he is onto something. I see so many claiming he is perfect...

The numbers all lie!

You loved McDaniels and Orton. You defended them to the end. You give Tebow zero chance. You are a clown.

TonyR
11-02-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm pulling for the kid. I hope he succeeds. But I have very little faith that he will. I must admit that I'm surprised by the results of this poll.

TonyR
11-02-2011, 08:58 AM
He was easily better than 17 QBs last week alone.

Easily better? That's a little ridic even for you.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Faith? No. However, I'm not going to write off a guy with his work ethic and physical tools.

ScottXray
11-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I honestly do still have Faith that Tebow WILL play in the NFL.

If here it probably won't be a QB....but he will stick somewhere.

Not sure if the staff here has the patience to let him continue playing and I think that would be a shame.

Dagmar
11-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Here we go.

You're right. Tim is perfect..

At no point did I state anything of the sort, so I won't bother reading the rest.

Mountain Bronco
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Great guy that tebow kid, not so sure about great QB, but what do we have to lose at this point. Start him at least 4-6 more games to see if he can improve.

Play calling may be an issue, but there was a lot said about how they asked Tebow himself which plays he was uncomfortable with and to get rid of those plays, so he has some input here.

jhns
11-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Easily better? That's a little ridic even for you.

Did you look at the link? What would you call it?

I think many of you refuse to think for yourselves. You seem to all go with some random media opinions as fan be seen by the majority opinion over the last few years. I thought it was homerism with McDaniels but the McFans have proven that isn't the case.

It is very easy to see that most here think the average QB play in this league is way better than it actually is.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Even if Tebow shows some modest improvement this season, I don't think that will be enough to sell the front office on sticking with him. My guess is EFX releases Tebow in the offseason (doubt he will have any trade value given his pre-rookie cap 1st round contract), then some team with a creative coaching staff and an established starter (New England?) will bring him in as their 3rd stringer with a package of plays designed to take advantage of his unique skill set. Maybe after being in a roll like that for two or three years, he'll get another shot at starting and have developed enough to make it work.

TonyR
11-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Did you look at the link? What would you call it?

I'd call those stats that don't even begin to tell the whole story. You're smart enough to know that so I'm surprised to see you pushing such a silly argument.

jhns
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I'd call those stats that don't even begin to tell the whole story. You're smart enough to know that so I'm surprised to see you pushing such a silly argument.

How about if I replace "better" with "more productive"? I agree that it doesn't tell the whole story. It does show that he isn't the worst ever, which people are claiming.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 09:39 AM
At no point did I state anything of the sort, so I won't bother reading the rest.

At no point did your post have anything remotely interesting to add, either. I haven't advocated benching Tim, I haven't advocated putting Orton back in to start. Yet I still did you a solid by responding.

You're welcome. Guess we'll leave it at that.

Shotgun Willie
11-02-2011, 09:40 AM
you can't develop on the bench. You can't get used to playing in the NFL system on the bench...

Ummm, you most certainly can. It's not even debatable.

Plenty of guys are not ready to step in and start in the NFL from day one. But after riding the bench for a year or two and learning under someone else, they can most definitely develop and improve their game such that they're ready to step in at a later time, without ever getting any real meaningful regular season action. Is it 100% the best way to go for every rookie? No, of course not. But it most certainly can be for a significant percentage of players.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 09:41 AM
How about if I replace "better" with "more productive*"? I agree that it doesn't tell the whole story. It does show that he isn't the worst ever, which people are claiming.

*much of this productivity came in the fourth quarter against second stringers playing prevent defense

FIFY.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Early in the fourth quarter, Tebow was an unsightly 8-of-25 passing for 87 yards and an interception.

BETTAR THAN HALF THE LEEG! DERP!

Conspiracy.

jhns
11-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Early in the fourth quarter, Tebow was an unsightly 8-of-25 passing for 87 yards and an interception.

BETTAR THAN HALF THE LEEG! DERP!

Conspiracy.

Conspiracy? More like fact.

I provided proof. You provided crying.

Tebow hasn't been perfect though! How can you not judge him the same as a seven year vet! Wahhhhhhh! When will McDaniels be back? We are so lost without him! Wahhhhh!

The stupidity never ends.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 09:52 AM
The stupidity never ends.

It could. If you'd just go away, the collective IQ of this joint would go up 50 points.

jhns
11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
It could. If you'd just go away, the collective IQ of this joint would go up 50 points.

Bring back McDaniels and Orton! Tebow isn't perfect!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Bring back McDaniels and Orton! Tebow isn't perfect!

And you call others "drama queen"? :rofl:

By the way, I'd settle for "competent" over "perfect." ****, "passable" would be a massive improvement over the loose stool we saw this weekend.

jhns
11-02-2011, 09:58 AM
And you call others "drama queen"? :rofl:

By the way, I'd settle for "competent" over "perfect." ****, "passable" would be a massive improvement over the loose stool we saw this weekend.

You are crying that he isn't perfect by his fifth start. You cry that we won't judge him the same as a seven year vet. That isn't being a drama queen? Could have fooled me...

Bring back McDaniels and Orton! McFans will never give in!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Not crying at all. Certainly not because he's "not perfect."

Level with us: you're a 12 year old girl, aren't you jhns? You're never able to make a post without an insult or claiming someone is "crying," there is no gray area in any of your arguments, and everything is either the "best" or the "worst" thing ever.

If you could show me where I stated my desire to bring back McD or Orton, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mogulseeker
11-02-2011, 10:08 AM
I would say that Tebow can become a good NFL QB. Do I have faith in him? At the moment, no.

Also, this was a public poll, and I see that the majority of people whose opinion I value above others, in terms of football knowledge, voted "no." (I waited until Kaylore voted until deciding to post.)

jhns
11-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Not crying at all. Certainly not because he's "not perfect."

Level with us: you're a 12 year old girl, aren't you jhns? You're never able to make a post without an insult or claiming someone is "crying," there is no gray area in any of your arguments, and everything is either the "best" or the "worst" thing ever.

If you could show me where I stated my desire to bring back McD or Orton, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Drama

Queen

Your boys will never work here again, sorry.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM
blah blah blah, words, mcfan, blah blah. blah. no proof. only conjecture.

Yep. We know.

jhns
11-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Yep. We know.

Never

Again

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Words. Non-sequitur.

Noted.

DBroncos4life
11-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Yep. We know.

I guess jizz thinks Shanny, Cutler, Hillis, and Marshall will be back in Dove Valley sometime soon.

jhns
11-02-2011, 10:50 AM
I guess jizz thinks Shanny, Cutler, Hillis, and Marshall will be back in Dove Valley sometime soon.

I sure wish they were.

Not that this is a surprise, but your response doesn't even make a little bit of sense.

DBroncos4life
11-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I sure wish they were.

Yet others are drama queens for not moving on.....

jhns
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM

That isn't even close to what I said. You would do better if you learned basic English.

jhns
11-02-2011, 10:57 AM

That isn't even close to what I said. You would do better if you learned basic English.

Inkana7
11-02-2011, 12:32 PM

Not that this is a surprise, but your response doesn't even make a little bit of sense.

bendog
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I have more faith that this will not be the last tebow thread than in the kid ever being a competent qb, but I haven't given up all hope. I sorta suspect that even if he starts all the remaining games, and even if some Mia Miracle Den wins another game, we still won't know whether it's beyond all hope.

Kaylore
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a7/Faith_No_More_-_Epic.jpg/220px-Faith_No_More_-_Epic.jpg

bronclvr
11-02-2011, 12:58 PM
http://youtu.be/KgbBP9Em00A

Dedhed
11-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Mark me down as.. No.
From what I see Tebow could be the worst QB in the league, who looks worse ?Cassel looked worse against the same Lions team in week 1.

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Cutler and any QB that plays under Martz has a lot of sacks... Martz uses the run and shoot offense which is what Tebow played in high school.

I think Tebow even played Meyers offense with a run and shoot style.. breaking away from what Meyer wanted to do.

Imagine if Martz had a Tebow with his durability playing in that system.. I think ti could be very successful.

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Cassel looked worse against the same Lions team in week 1.

Could it be McD's style of offense going against Detroit's defense and their front four that is such a bad match up?

Tebow is much less experienced than Cassel, too.

TDmvp
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Cutler and any QB that plays under Martz has a lot of sacks... Martz uses the run and shoot offense which is what Tebow played in high school.

I think Tebow even played Meyers offense with a run and shoot style.. breaking away from what Meyer wanted to do.

Imagine if Martz had a Tebow with his durability playing in that system.. I think ti could be very successful.

Dude ... Martz's O sucks donkey balls if you have average to below average skill players who can't get open and that's just for starters.

Then if your guys can't get open it either forces your QB to throw the ball in tight spaces he might not normally throw to or take sacks.

The only way Martz's system works is if you have better talent then most people. It don't even work for the Bears.

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Dude ... Martz's O sucks donkey balls if you have average to below average skill players who can't get open and that's just for starters.

Then if your guys can't get open it either forces your QB to throw the ball in tight spaces he might not normally throw to or take sacks.

The only way Martz's system works is if you have better talent then most people. It don't even work for the Bears.

But Tebow has the running ability that others don;'t as well.. and is more durable

The reason Tebow's style works is because he is so aggressive passing down field. It offsets all the sacks he takes.

The times when Tebow can run or hit the big pass out weigh the times he gets sacked.

Unless you are just having a bad day.. which is why I think Tebow looked so bad in that game.

And his running ability will open those tight windows down field. The problem is that McCoy and Fox just don't know how to work that type of offense..

This is also why I think Cassel looked so good in the Pats offense.. because it is similar to the run and shoot as well. and why McD wanted Tebow in that offense.. because his running ability will make it great.

But facing a team like Detroit's front four can make it look disastrous when it isn't working.

Maybe Tebow just needs a great vertical threat receiver to turn the offense around..

This is why people don't realize the smallest change or addition in an offense can make a Qb that looks bad look great over night. look at Harbough and Alex Smith..

Rabb
11-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Maybe Tebow just needs a great vertical threat receiver to turn the offense around..

or one that can jump 10 feet in the air

bendog
11-02-2011, 02:27 PM

See I think that's the problem with Royal. Tebow goes: "oh ****, I'm gonna throw this one a yard high again at best ... oh ****, he's a midget .... where's Decker, i can't remember where Decker is on this play ... oh ****, that hit hurt."

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
or one that can jump 20 feet in the air

FIFY

Also:
http://www.batman-superman.com/superman/img/animatedsupes.gif

DBroncos4life
11-02-2011, 03:41 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e36f-Yql5MM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

June Jones laughs at the thought of him playing in a run and shoot...

bendog
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I can't get video but the thought of the run and shoot in the NFL makes me get moist for McDaniels.

broncocalijohn
11-02-2011, 04:11 PM

But dont you understand he throws it where nobody else can get it and doesn't get it picked off?

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 04:22 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e36f-Yql5MM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

June Jones laughs at the thought of him playing in a run and shoot...

And then colt Brennan got destroyed by an SEC defense.. LOL

There is a video of Tebow saying how good his numbers were in the run and shoot..

He also stomped Hawaii and their new coach was very impressed by Tebow..

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
But dont you understand he throws it where nobody else can get it and doesn't get it picked off?

At least he doesn't settle for picks on checkdowns like Orton...

Hulamau
11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I just haven't seen the accuracy consistently enough to make me think he can have the Broncos competing a high level at the rate the league is more towards passing attacks. In time he can improve in some areas but there are some things he's tried and tried to work on that right now I wouldn't have confidence will get up to par. Dissapointing to say the least.

Totally agree here, there are so many things to like about Tim and he's real easy to root for, but his very lousy mechanics and footwork for so much of each game and the fact that he is only marginally accurate passing for around 20% of his throws ... being generous .. makes it very hard to project a consistent winner at this level going forward.

Sure he can improve and even now I think he is good for 4 wins each year alone just on sheer will power and motivation against the poor teams or those caught napping on Bronco week. But his confusion reading defenses and really knowing where to go with the ball combined with that slow .. "strip me please' long looping wind up are prescriptions for heartache all around Orange and Blue country for a long time to come.

The fact that he inspires such rabid passion and controversy insures too he will never get the chance he really needs .. at least not here .. .to slowly and more quietly develop into as solid a QB as he might become in two to five more years of hard off-season work with a REAL QB coach/OC and a lot of riding the pine in the meantime.

So alas and with a sad heart I vote no he isn't likely to make it with us. I do predict he can still win a few thrillers here and there only to stretch out the pain toward finally landing a real franchise QB who has all the tools to excel.

This isn't his rookie year and he still looks totally lost out there a good deal.

A running game again this week if Willis can really go and play well could help a lot in making the Raider game more competitive. Might even pull it out if Palmer is still crapping the bed with his WR?

Still at this point anything other than a strong run and finish this year giving us confidence he is the answer going forward, then I'd much rather lose out and get the major pain over this year and maybe next while we hopefully land the real deal in April and fix more of the D and RB and RT spot and slide Orlando in at guard next to Clady for a year or two.

If we are within pick three or four in the first, I imagine Bowlen/EFX will sell the farm to go grab Luck.... we did it to get ELway and that worked out pretty good in the long haul and make no mistake we are in 'the long haul' vision territory now ...

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
There is something else I think people are missing.. and it has to do with Tebow's conditioning.. His game relies on him being in elite condition because he uses his athleticism so much. He has been on the bench the past season and all off season. Add to that he is playing at altitude. I saw Tebow extremely winded at times in the last game. I am wondering if his play could improve as his conditioning acclimates as well. You can't really simulate real game conditioning without playing in real games.

Maximus
11-02-2011, 04:43 PM
I just voted yes! I have faith that he will bomb out as an NFL QB and will go down as one of the worst picks in first round history along with Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell!

Hercules Rockefeller
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Holy ****, not acclimated? It's not that tough to get acclimated to the altitude. Tim was acclimated a couple days after he started working out in Denver, a year and a half ago. God that has to rank up there as one of your dumbest excuses, and that's saying something.

Ironlung
11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a7/Faith_No_More_-_Epic.jpg/220px-Faith_No_More_-_Epic.jpg

One of the best, and most underrated bands EVAAARR!!

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Holy ****, not acclimated? It's not that tough to get acclimated to the altitude. Tim was acclimated a couple days after he started working out in Denver, a year and a half ago. God that has to rank up there as one of your dumbest excuses, and that's saying something.

We are talking about playing in full games.. where he is running and throwing the ball on every down and using the maximum level of athelticism

Do you realize the incredible level of conditioning it takes to do this and remain accurate passing the ball?

Tebow gives his all on every play.. as I said, it's going to take time to get acclimated to that ALL game.. if he had an offseason of playing like that it probably wouldn't be as difficult to get accustomed to it.

Just like in basketball they say there is no way you can prepare or simulate actual games without playing in them.

If Tebow was just a pocket passer it wouldn't be an issue.. or even if he was your typical running quarterback.. but his game requires a completely different level of athleticism. He uses that to grind teams down.. without being conditioned they can likely ground him down.

TonyR
11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
On the other end of the spectrum was Stafford's opponent, Broncos starter Tim Tebow, who had the lowest Total QBR of the week. In fact, Tebow's Total QBR of 3.4 on 59 action plays was the lowest by any QB with at least 50 action plays in a game since 2008.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7171972/nfl-week-8-total-qbr-leaders

TailgateNut
11-02-2011, 08:19 PM
On the other end of the spectrum was Stafford's opponent, Broncos starter Tim Tebow, who had the lowest Total QBR of the week. In fact, Tebow's Total QBR of 3.4 on 59 action plays was the lowest by any QB with at least 50 action plays in a game since 2008.

I knew I was witnessing SUCKAGE at Mile High on Sunday, I just didn't realize I was witnessing Suckage o HISTORICAL porportions.

Cue Alpha and MacGruder with stats and excuses.

MacGruder
11-02-2011, 08:33 PM

And yet Tebow outplayed Orton.. and Matt Cassel

This is what happens when you lose your primary receiver and runningback within a 2 week period and your coach is completely inept..

I wonder what Tebow's Qbr would have been if they had counted that TD pass he should have had?

ChrisToker
11-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Gabbert.

**** I wish we could even do a trade Tebow for Gabbert. Jacksonville gets home town hero to keep fans in seats (maybe to point where they dont have to be named L.A. bound anymore) and Broncos get a real QB.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM

"QBR ISN'T A REAL STAT" in 3... 2... 1...

NUB
11-02-2011, 11:53 PM
"QBR ISN'T A REAL STAT" in 3... 2... 1...

It literally isn't until the formula comes out.

Kaylore
11-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Hilarious! "Tebow is still acclimating to the altitude and it affects his accuracy."

Here's an snippet from the people at Princeton.

http://www.princeton.edu/~oa/safety/altitude.html
The major cause of altitude illnesses is going too high too fast. Given time, your body can adapt to the decrease in oxygen molecules at a specific altitude. This process is known as acclimatization and generally takes 1-3 days at that altitude. For example, if you hike to 10,000 feet (3,048 meters), and spend several days at that altitude, your body acclimatizes to 10,000 feet (3,048 meters). If you climb to 12,000 feet (3,658 meters), your body has to acclimatize once again. A number of changes take place in the body to allow it to operate with decreased oxygen.

After a few days your body is completely adapted to high altitude. Tim isn't the one human being who needs two years plus. He works very hard in practices and has exerted himself. Altitude isn't affecting his poor accuracy. Bad footwork and bad QB vision are.

bowtown
11-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Hilarious! "Tebow is still acclimating to the altitude and it affects his accuracy."

After a few days your body is completely adapted to high altitude. Tim isn't the one human being who needs two years plus. He works very hard in practices and has exerted himself. Altitude isn't affecting his poor accuracy. Bad footwork and bad QB vision are.

Maybe John Fox has extra altitude pumped into Tim's helmet before the games. Also, the reason the plays haven't been working is that McCoy is too busy blowing oxygen into Tim's helmet mic to call the play.

chevy369
11-03-2011, 08:11 AM
He is not outplaying Orton.

This. How in the hell let this happen in the first place?

broncocalijohn
11-03-2011, 09:56 AM

How high is the altitude in Miami?

bendog
11-03-2011, 10:41 AM

I thought mcg meant that it was the thin air that caused Tebow's throws to go wildly astray. They were so manfully thrown that the lack of resistance in the air caused them to go so high.

fontaine
11-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh FFS people are disapointed that Tebow doesn't have great anticipation of WRs getting open and struggles with working against complex defensive fronts?

What's so disapointing or surprising about that? This guy was a project and long term prospect coming out of the draft so what makes people think just because he's on the roster that he becomes proficient in all those key weaknesses? Osmosis?
:)

It would have been great if he had surprisingly improved on those areas but that's the reality of developmental type picks.

I'm willing to wait it out for this season and beyond since there are more then plenty of other areas this team needs to improve upon.

It would be an entirely different story if he was either unwilling to work hard, uncoacheable, or too stubborn to do the necessary, none of which is true I guess.

The bottom line for me is that I believe he's working his guts out to get better and is completely honest and open about that. I'm willing to support him going forward and hope for the best.

It's no more, no less than the support I'm willing to give to any other young player we've drafted like Franklin, Irving, Carter, D Thomas, Decker etc.

Put it this way, the big knock on Thomas was that he was very limited in the number of effective routes he could run, and I haven't seen much to the contrary.

Does that mean we give up on him too?

Taco John
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
We can hold out hope for him all we want, but if his teammates don't have confidence in him, this team is going nowhere. There's little indication that the team is behind this guy, and even more than that, I've heard buzz that they're quietly hoping that Brady gets a start soon.

bowtown
11-03-2011, 11:35 AM
We can hold out hope for him all we want, but if his teammates don't have confidence in him, this team is going nowhere. There's little indication that the team is behind this guy, and even more than that, I've heard buzz that they're quietly hoping that Brady gets a start soon.

This is interesting to me. Where did you hear this?

jhns
11-03-2011, 11:44 AM

If guys aren't playing hard, they will be gone.

Anyone wanting Quinn will regret it as soon as he sees the field. Tebow may look bad. He has still been more productive than many QBs that have played the past two weeks. It can, and would, get much worse than what we are seeing with Tebow.

NFLBRONCO
11-03-2011, 12:16 PM

I thought the same thing honestly. If they truly believed they'd bust their hump for him esp being a great person I don't get that vibe at all.

fontaine
11-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Well that's a different matter and outside his control.

I'm sure there were veterans in the locker room that preferred Plummer to start instead of Cutler. But after a while those guys got behind him because they could see his improvement and how his play helped the offense get better.

The expectations remains the same for Tebow. Nothing's changed except for whatever reason people expect him to suddenly be a pocket passer just a few games into his career and that has no real bearing on whether he improves or not.

Jetmeck
11-03-2011, 12:51 PM
The first drive against the LIONS was lights out and proves he can be a pocket passer. After the porrous o-line play of the Broncos and the pitiful play calling without quick outlet receivers doomed him. He has shown glimmers of what can be if given some help................

bendog
11-03-2011, 01:01 PM
It may be more about lack of accuracy, being totally lost playbook-wise, showing no progress in making reads leading to a general sense of malase and hopelessness.

The fact that I thought Det was initially acually a small step forward for him really is a dismal feeling. Teams are gonna put 8 in the box until he can beat one on one coverage. So, running on 1st or 2nd will be stuffed. And it's not lousy players. No NFL team can run on an NFL defense with 8 in the box. It's numbers. And, if he has 3rd and 5 or more, the blitz is coming. So, if the lockerroom thinks he can't get it done by beating 1-1 coverage on 1st or 2nd to get first down, or at least a good yardage situation for 3rd, he's not gonna get the team to play for him.

bendog
11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
The first drive against the LIONS was lights out and proves he can be a pocket passer. After the porrous o-line play of the Broncos and the pitiful play calling without quick outlet receivers doomed him. He has shown glimmers of what can be if given some help................

there were outlet recievers. He just didn't find them. He locked on and fell to the pressure. The lions gave him one on one consistently, and he couldn't find guys, and when he did he was inaccurate.

jhns
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
there were outlet recievers. He just didn't find them. He locked on and fell to the pressure. The lions gave him one on one consistently, and he couldn't find guys, and when he did he was inaccurate.

He threw to one on one all day. Our receivers suck even when he was accurate. Lynch clearly showed that he didn't have open guys a lot of the time that he held the ball. There were two sacks that he clearly showed the only two receivers were double covered. He still should have thrown those balls away though. That said, it is pretty obvious that you didn't watch this game.

errand
11-03-2011, 01:56 PM

Aaron rodgers would disagree with you

maven
11-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Faith in Tebow? No. I wish him the best and hope he proves me wrong. I think he completely sucks.