PDA

View Full Version : how many games before tebow gets benched?

peacepipe
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I'll go with; after this upcomming game, next week against KC at the latest.
tebow won't make the entire season without significant improvement. Fox has an obligation to the entire team not just tebow.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Went there.

You did.

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Quinn and Orton are not the future. Tebow has had a very poor two games, but this team has SO many holes in it, shouldn't he just be given the rest of the year to prove himself? So maybe we don't spend a 3rd 1st round pick on a QB since 2006?

vonqkilla
11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
My brain says he gets a half, pulled with no improvement. My orange blood pumping heart wishes it was longer.

broncocalijohn
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
At least 2 games then Quinn might even see some action.

bowtown
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
They will play him at least 2 more weeks, I hope they give him until the end of the season.

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 10:29 AM
At least 2 games then Quinn might even see some action.

What would be the point though? To see if Brady Quinn is our QBOTF?

peacepipe
11-01-2011, 10:32 AM
my prediction is based on there being no real improvement game to game. If he's not showing improvement,then there's no point in keeping him in there.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Quinn and Orton are not the future. Tebow has had a very poor two games, but this team has SO many holes in it, shouldn't he just be given the rest of the year to prove himself? So maybe we don't spend a 3rd 1st round pick on a QB since 2006?

We have a ton of holes, but do you want to watch what we saw Sunday for 9 more games? I really don't.

I think he'll probably be given the rest of the season, and I think (hope) he'll improve. I don't know that he will, and I don't think he'll improve by any great lengths, and I don't think, at the end of the year, he will have proven himself to be a QBOTF. Maybe he will, but I'm not seeing the spark there.

bendog
11-01-2011, 10:34 AM

I cannot express how much I hate Josh McDaniels.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2011, 10:37 AM
my prediction is based on there being no real improvement game to game. If he's not showing improvement,then there's no point in keeping him in there.

There was improvement in his footwork and his throwing motion(a little).

maven
11-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't pull him. He gives the team the best chance to lose.

vonqkilla
11-01-2011, 10:43 AM
I cannot express how much I hate Josh McDaniels.

I can. I fn hate him to the core, I hope he gets fired, his wife leaves him for peyton hillis,and peyton hillis takes his kids as his own while josh after being fired this year becomes a junkie bum so hopped up on meth his brain turns to acid and he gets ripped apart by other junkies under the bridge who cant stand him twirling his sack of cans around his arm yelling at imaginary people, ”stop making sht up and ..., hey wheres my pipe”

MagicHef
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
The Tebow I saw last year and this preseason was so much better than the Tebow of the last two weeks, I would be shocked if we didn't see some serious improvement at some point. I think he needs to be given at least 3 more games, he could lose all three and still have the same record for this year as Orton. Hopefully he'll show some improvement by the end of those 3 games and earn the right to start the rest of the year.

yerner
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Why not see what he can do if Tebow continues to stumble? He is a former 1st rounder that has only started something like 14 games in his career. The jury is still out on him wheather this board admits it or not. His game tape is no worse than Tebow's at this point.

Blart
11-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Revis & the Jets will prove too much:

Halftime, Thursday Nov. 17th

Orton / Quinn until we're mathematically eliminated, then Quinn / Tebow in an epic battle for 2nd string. Next season we do away with the QB position altogether.

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Blaine Gabbart was 10 of 30 for 97 yards.

zdoor
11-01-2011, 10:52 AM
2 more weeks but if he improves, he'll keep the audition going.

bowtown
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM

He sucks too.

maven
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM

And what does Jax have to do with the Denver Broncos?

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 10:57 AM
We have a ton of holes, but do you want to watch what we saw Sunday for 9 more games? I really don't.

I think he'll probably be given the rest of the season, and I think (hope) he'll improve. I don't know that he will, and I don't think he'll improve by any great lengths, and I don't think, at the end of the year, he will have proven himself to be a QBOTF. Maybe he will, but I'm not seeing the spark there.

Dude, I paid to go. It was my one game of the year I can afford. I know how bad it was. Putting Orton or Quinn in there just seems like a waste of time. With a fit McGahee and a few more games I think we'd see someone closer to the guy that finished the season last year 41 for 82, 654 yards and 5 TD's to 3 INTs.

I want to give the kid a chance (a chance is NOT 2 and a half games) and see how it goes before giving up on him.

Aikman had a horrible 2nd year.
Elway was 48% completion after 5 games.
Gabbert was 10 of 30 for 97 yards last week.

I'm saying give him a chance and lets see where the chips fall.

I know that is not possible around here, I mean Franklin and Moore are apparently already busts.

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
If Tebow improves significantly in the coming weeks he can hang on all year. If he flounders like he has, I think about two weeks is a safe estimate.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Dude, I paid to go. It was my one game of the year I can afford. I know how bad it was. Putting Orton or Quinn in there just seems like a waste of time. With a fit McGahee and a few more games I think we'd see someone closer to the guy that finished the season last year 41 for 82, 654 yards and 5 TD's to 3 INTs.

I want to give the kid a chance (a chance is NOT 2 and a half games) and see how it goes before giving up on him.

I know that is not possible around here, I mean Franklin and Moore are apparently already busts.

I'm not (and never have) advocated for re-inserting Orton.

I agree with you on all other points, though I don't see how we'd be "wasting time" with Quinn when the alternative is watching Tebow pirouette and spin and miss receivers by 15 feet over their heads.

bowtown
11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
If Tebow improves significantly in the coming weeks he can hang on all year. If he flounders like he has, I think about two weeks is a safe estimate.

If he gets benched, do you think they bring Orton back in or play Quinn?

Blart
11-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Here's why I don't go along with the "2 week" consensus:

Starting Quinn, or even welcoming Orton back against the Jets is completely unfair. Also, (unlike every other game) Tebow probably gives us the best chance vs the Jets, because we definitely won't be attacking through the air.

~Crash~
11-01-2011, 11:07 AM
marking these threads ..so I feed some ass sandwich's LOL

Rolandftw
11-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Looking at the schedule, I think he gets the next three weeks. After the Jets game (thursday night) would make the most sense if Tebow bombs out the next three games.

Get a win, and he's probably the starter the rest of the season.

jhns
11-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Why would we bench Tebow? He has a better record than Orton... Orton wouldn't have Lloyd anymore either. Just LOL @ anyone that wants to see him or Quinn in there. Tebow has outplayed both of them in his first five starts. How about we stop acting like a bunch of three year olds?

Rolandftw
11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Tebow hasn't outplayed Orton, as bad as Orton has played.

TheReverend
11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Revis & the Jets will prove too much:

Halftime, Thursday Nov. 17th

Orton / Quinn until we're mathematically eliminated, then Quinn / Tebow in an epic battle for 2nd string. Next season we do away with the QB position altogether.

We were mathematically eliminated in the pre-season Ha!

jhns
11-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Tebow hasn't outplayed Orton, as bad as Orton has played.

How do you figure? From the start of last season, Orton is 4-14. Tebow is 2-3. The offense was almost exactly twice as productive with Tebow when facing common opponents. In fact, it was more than twice as productive if you include this past Charger game...

Gort
11-01-2011, 11:24 AM

there is no argument you can make to sway the Tebow doubters and there is nothing he can do on the field to change their minds. anything good that happens will be a fluke. anything bad that happens will be his fault because he's incapable playing at this level.

Gort
11-01-2011, 11:27 AM

it's a good thing Prater hit that overtime FG against MIA, because if he'd had 3 misses in that game, he'd officially be a bust too.

/sarc

MagicHef
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
While we can sit around and try to figure out the plan, I am pretty sure that thinking Fox has any sort of plan for this team is being unrealistically optimistic.

bendog
11-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't think Bill Walsh could win 6 with this group.

Gort
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't think Bill Walsh could win 6 with this group.'

maybe not, but he still wouldn't have a problem reminding the media how much of a genius he was despite his record.

:)

Steve Prefontaine
11-01-2011, 12:14 PM

I'm not saying it wasn't painful to watch...

but I would rather watch last Sunday over the first 4.5 games when we essentially had a lame duck QB who is gone at the end of the season. I watched the entire game versus Detroit to see if Tebow could do anything...just showing a little improvement in the last quarter. If Orton was playing, I don't think I watch the 4th.

I wish Tebow would get the rest of season, or at least a few more games, toe see if he improves at all. In my opinion it's pointless to play Orton or Quinn.

Steve Sewell
11-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Don't pull him. He gives the team the best chance to lose.

^^This

MplsBronco
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
While we can sit around and try to figure out the plan, I am pretty sure that thinking Fox has any sort of plan for this team is being unrealistically optimistic.

THIS

The guy is coming off as amatuerish at best.

bendog
11-01-2011, 12:30 PM
he's got an amateur team too.

But the fact is that until last week, Den's rush offense and defense were much improved over the McDanials debacle. And he appears to be trying to install pretty much the same offense that Parcell's runs (which theoretically was McDaniels plan, though why he drafted Tebow for that is bizarre) and the Spitmouth ran in Pitts.

I personally would rather someone of the Mike McCarthy or Sean Payton tree for the offense, but there's no way Tebow is suited to the multi-formation/reads that Breese and Rodgers do. I think 2011 was sort of like the years Mao spent in the mountains, and a Tebow audition.

BroncoBen
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
They will play him at least 2 more weeks, I hope they give him until the end of the season.

I agree.. play him the rest of the way. The Broncos go 2-14 and the Broncos are in the top 5 in the NFL draft. Prime position to draft Landry Jones or Barkley if he comes out of USC. Both of these guys are heads above Tebow, even with 2 years of experience.

smoke4815162342
11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Tebow wont get benched. I think EFX will trade him this offseason.

Rohirrim
11-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I hope they keep Tebow in the rest of the season and Miami and Indy win a couple of games.

broncocalijohn
11-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Why would we bench Tebow? He has a better record than Orton... Orton wouldn't have Lloyd anymore either. Just LOL @ anyone that wants to see him or Quinn in there. Tebow has outplayed both of them in his first five starts. How about we stop acting like a bunch of three year olds?

Tebow has been figured out. Both Miami and Lions game made him look foolish for all but 5 minutes. I dont care right now about the 2nd half of Chargers or last season when I know the defense is coming full blown blitz every time that opportunity plays itself. While Orton didnt do much this season, he only sucked outright the 1st half of the Chargers game. This Lions game and pretty much first 55 minutes of the Miami game was the worst thing I have seen in many years of football. At least you wont be on MacGruder's list.

I hope they keep Tebow in the rest of the season and Miami and Indy win a couple of games.

They keep ****ing that up for us. At least Rams are with the program now.

BroncoBen
11-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Tebow wont get benched. I think EFX will trade him this offseason.

To who ?? The Calgary Stampeders ?

Jetmeck
11-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Don't put perspective into these crazies.....their heads will explode !

DrFate
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd like to see him get the rest of this season then make a real evaluation of the position in the offseason. If Tebow continues to flail, they draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and add a vet backup like Flynn from Green Bay to compete.

If Tebow shows significant improvement, the off-season evaluation could consider giving him more time.

I'm not sure I see the advantage in going to Quinn or back to Orton. I don't see either guy as the QBotF.

orinjkrush
11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
they may have to yank him to keep him from being massacred in the black hole. he could end up with the notorious "deer in the headlights-- thousand yard stare".

Blart
11-01-2011, 01:24 PM

Miami has the tiebreaker!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Don't put perspective into these crazies.....their heads will explode !

The perspective is that Tebow and Gabbert are both quite short of being good NFL quarterbacks... and that's supposed to make us feel better?

That's "perspective"?

Okay.

orangenblue
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
The Oakland game will be his last. I mean this is getting ridiculous.

Rolandftw
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
How do you figure? From the start of last season, Orton is 4-14. Tebow is 2-3. The offense was almost exactly twice as productive with Tebow when facing common opponents. In fact, it was more than twice as productive if you include this past Charger game...

If you're going back to last year, why not go back to 2009? Why not compare the two QB's first 5 starts as Broncos?

All that matters is this season really. A three game sample size is often cited from last season, but a two game sample size is too small apparently...

The only think Tebow has done better then Orton this season is throw less interceptions. Tebow's thrown for less yards per game, a lower percentage completed... He's been sacked 4 more times then Orton in two less games.

I'll all for giving Tebow a chance, and think he should probably start the rest of the season, but to claim he's played better then Orton is ridiculous.

DrFate
11-01-2011, 01:32 PM
The perspective is that Tebow and Gabbert are both quite short of being good NFL quarterbacks... and that's supposed to make us feel better?

That's "perspective"?

To be fair, the 'solid prospect, consensus 2nd best QB of the class' isn't doing much better than the 'long term, mid-round projected-dismissed-by-the-media' prospect.

I'm guessing that was the point.

bendog
11-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I'd like to see him get the rest of this season then make a real evaluation of the position in the offseason. If Tebow continues to flail, they draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and add a vet backup like Flynn from Green Bay to compete.

If Tebow shows significant improvement, the off-season evaluation could consider giving him more time.

I'm not sure I see the advantage in going to Quinn or back to Orton. I don't see either guy as the QBotF.

Fox and Elway are not sadists. I thought Tebow was a little better intially in the detroit game. But once he got rattled by the pass rush, he reverted back into throwing the ball as if he had electrodes attached to his nads. So long as he can show some improvements that Fox can point to at pressers, I think they can keep at it. (even though the tebowites here will continue to say crazy stuff like they need more screens or they aren't spreading out the offense, regardless of what actually occurs in games.) But Fox can't just say the job's Tebow's for the rest of the season. He could easily get off track and fall apart. Most young qb's just have to adjust to a scheme that remotely resembled something they saw in college. Tebow not only has to learn something he never had before, but he's having to learn drops that John Elway and Dan Marino were learning in high school. And even Elway got benched his first year.

Crushaholic
11-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Bring back Rod Smith to play quarterback. I'm sure he can do a better job than Tebow...:wiggle:

jhns
If you're going back to last year, why not go back to 2009? Why not compare the two QB's first 5 starts as Broncos?

All that matters is this season really. A three game sample size is often cited from last season, but a two game sample size is too small apparently...

The only think Tebow has done better then Orton this season is throw less interceptions. Tebow's thrown for less yards per game, a lower percentage completed... He's been sacked 4 more times then Orton in two less games.

I'll all for giving Tebow a chance, and think he should probably start the rest of the season, but to claim he's played better then Orton is ridiculous.

I compared them playing on the same team. You want me to compare Tebows first five vs Ortons first five? It won't be pretty. Orton had nine TDs and like 12 INTs in his first season(15 games started)...

This season, Tebow has outplayed Orton. Did you watch the chrager game? Not including that, Tebow is 1-1. Orton is 1-4... Orton had the top receiver from last season. Tebow didn't. You have some serious revisionist history going here.

vonqkilla
The Oakland first half will be his last. I mean this is getting ridiculous.

Fixxxxxxxxxxxed

Prove everyone wrong Timmmaaaah!

Rolandftw
11-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I compared them playing on the same team. You want me to compare Tebows first five vs Ortons first five? It won't be pretty. Orton had nine TDs and like 12 INTs in his first season(15 games started)...

This season, Tebow has outplayed Orton. Did you watch the chrager game? Not including that, Tebow is 1-1. Orton is 1-4... Orton had the top receiver from last season. Tebow didn't. You have some serious revisionist history going here.

Orton was 5-0 his first five starts with Denver. Tebow was 2-3. But please carry on. And yeah, I watched the Chargers game. Tebow looked like a running back.

DrFate
11-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Fox and Elway are not sadists. I thought Tebow was a little better intially in the detroit game. But once he got rattled by the pass rush, he reverted back into throwing the ball as if he had electrodes attached to his nads. So long as he can show some improvements that Fox can point to at pressers, I think they can keep at it. (even though the tebowites here will continue to say crazy stuff like they need more screens or they aren't spreading out the offense, regardless of what actually occurs in games.) But Fox can't just say the job's Tebow's for the rest of the season. He could easily get off track and fall apart. Most young qb's just have to adjust to a scheme that remotely resembled something they saw in college. Tebow not only has to learn something he never had before, but he's having to learn drops that John Elway and Dan Marino were learning in high school. And even Elway got benched his first year.

I don't want to go through this 'limbo' year again. I want Tebow to get sufficient opportunity so that no one can say he didn't. If he improves, he improves. If he fails, he fails. Finish it, make the decision, and move on.

Nothing has changed since before Tebow replaced Orton from where I sit - the franchise needs to know if they are drafting a QB in 2012 with no doubt. If Tebow continues to flail, I fully expect all 3 QBs on the roster to be elsewhere next year. What I don't want is a 3 week audition, Fox putting Quinn or Webber or whoever out there, and more uncertainty. If they lose out - who cares? Let Tebow succeed or fail and be done with it.

jhns
11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Orton was 5-0 his first five starts with Denver. Tebow was 2-3. But please carry on. And yeah, I watched the Chargers game. Tebow looked like a running back.

So you think that is the fair comparison? Wtf is wrong with your head?

ICON
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM
5 more losses and he is done. 5 wins and hes in ;D

razorwire77
11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
He should get all of the remaining games on the schedule. What is the purpose of evaluating Orton or Quinn? Give Tebow the remaining games to definitively sink or swim. If he swims great, if he sinks move him quickly and quietly in the off-season and end the circus.

Br0nc0Buster
11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
depends on if he improves

if he can improve and and actually look like an NFL qb, then I would guess he would get the rest of the year

however if he comes out and plays like he has been, based on the comments of Fox and Elway I would say he has got 2 weeks left

Tebow has got to be able to throw the ball from the pocket, if he can get that going then he stays in

elsid13
11-01-2011, 02:08 PM

To throw interceptions the ball has to be in the field of play....

bendog
11-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't want to go through this 'limbo' year again. I want Tebow to get sufficient opportunity so that no one can say he didn't. If he improves, he improves. If he fails, he fails. Finish it, make the decision, and move on.

Nothing has changed since before Tebow replaced Orton from where I sit - the franchise needs to know if they are drafting a QB in 2012 with no doubt. If Tebow continues to flail, I fully expect all 3 QBs on the roster to be elsewhere next year. What I don't want is a 3 week audition, Fox putting Quinn or Webber or whoever out there, and more uncertainty. If they lose out - who cares? Let Tebow succeed or fail and be done with it.

Oh I agree. I was just trying to say it's possible that the whole mental/fundamentals thing implodes on Tebow, and he competely fails. It's possible that he could catch on as thrid string project elsewhere even then, and even make a qb someday. but the analogy to Steve Young just doesn't make it. Young came out of BYU and Lavelle Edwards who ran something akin to the WC. Edwards put more than a few qbs into the NFL. I have no idea what Tampa Bay was up to, but it obviously wasn't working.

Tom Brady
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I believe he must play a majority of the rest of the year, if not all of it. The quarterback of the future is probably not on their roster, but they need to evaluate Tebow over a extended period of time and not abandon him when there are struggles. The problem is we have a conservative coach who won't implement the kind of offense that Tebow is capable of being successful in.

bendog
11-01-2011, 02:18 PM
I believe he must play a majority of the rest of the year, if not all of it. The quarterback of the future is probably not on their roster, but they need to evaluate Tebow over a extended period of time and not abandon him when there are struggles. The problem is we have a conservative coach who won't implement the kind of offense that Tebow is capable of being successful in.

And what offense is that? And don't say Cam cause Tebow can't read the blitz and escape or find the wr's Cam is doing ... with decent consistency.

DrFate
11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh I agree. I was just trying to say it's possible that the whole mental/fundamentals thing implodes on Tebow, and he competely fails. It's possible that he could catch on as thrid string project elsewhere even then, and even make a qb someday. but the analogy to Steve Young just doesn't make it. Young came out of BYU and Lavelle Edwards who ran something akin to the WC. Edwards put more than a few qbs into the NFL. I have no idea what Tampa Bay was up to, but it obviously wasn't working.

The whole thing makes me sad. Cam Newton played in a very similar offense in college and he's doing fine - so it's not the spread background. And there are MORE concerns about Newton's understanding of the terminology (remember the Gruden interview?)

And Tebow was accurate enough in college - and I don't buy the 'it's college!?!' argument - whether he's throwing to Harvin at FLA or throwing through a tire - accurate is accurate. He was playing against plenty of NFL-caliber defenders at that level. I know people say the separation isn't the same at this level, but when I watched PHI-DAL this week I saw Vick throwing to guys that were running free. Maybe the PHI receivers are that much better than Denver's...

His mechanics are flawed, but so are Vicks and Rivers and Collins and plenty of other guys. Tebow doesn't have the arm strength of a Vick, but from the waist up it's only so much worse mechanically... And Tebow's arm is strong enough (it's stronger than Colt McCoy or Chad Pennington or Jeff Garcia).

But the total equation isn't getting it done. And it probably leads to another high draft pick thrown at a QB. And all those picks McDaniels flushed down the toilet in such a short timespan...

:(

Tom Brady
11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
And what offense is that? And don't say Cam cause Tebow can't read the blitz and escape or find the wr's Cam is doing ... with decent consistency.

An offense without the predictability of a run-run-pass layout or under-center play action calls that are slow to develop. They need to run more of a spread attack with quicker passes and screen calls.

bombay
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I really hope Tebow takes every snap for the rest of this season.

bendog
11-01-2011, 02:49 PM
The whole thing makes me sad. Cam Newton played in a very similar offense in college and he's doing fine - so it's not the spread background. And there are MORE concerns about Newton's understanding of the terminology (remember the Gruden interview?)

And Tebow was accurate enough in college - and I don't buy the 'it's college!?!' argument - whether he's throwing to Harvin at FLA or throwing through a tire - accurate is accurate. He was playing against plenty of NFL-caliber defenders at that level. I know people say the separation isn't the same at this level, but when I watched PHI-DAL this week I saw Vick throwing to guys that were running free. Maybe the PHI receivers are that much better than Denver's...

His mechanics are flawed, but so are Vicks and Rivers and Collins and plenty of other guys. Tebow doesn't have the arm strength of a Vick, but from the waist up it's only so much worse mechanically... And Tebow's arm is strong enough (it's stronger than Colt McCoy or Chad Pennington or Jeff Garcia).

But the total equation isn't getting it done. And it probably leads to another high draft pick thrown at a QB. And all those picks McDaniels flushed down the toilet in such a short timespan...

:(

But Auburn does not run the Urban Meyer offense. They use a system of progression reads.

http://smartfootball.com/quarterbacking/did-cam-newton-play-in-a-one-read-passing-offense-at-auburn

From boise state's coach

Chris Petersen of Boise State once set forth his view of a quarterback’s development as follows:

1.Strict progression. Tell him to read first receiver, second receiver, and then third receiver — and then run like hell if they aren’t open. In Petersen’s view, if they don’t know anything else they can know, by rote memory, who they are supposed to throw to. This doesn’t require them to have any advance knowledge of the defense and it is where every quarterback begins.

Conversely, Meyer's offense uses reads prior to the snap. It lets the recievers and qb isolate what the def matchups will be. This is why Meyer qbs struggle. They haven't even made the first step.

Also

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Gene-Chizik-vouches-for-Cam-Newton-and-the-comp?urn=ncaaf-wp854

Coupled with that Tebow's mechanics suck because he was never taught. Conversely, Cam spent a year with Dennis Franchionne's kid at a jr college football factory. Comparing the mechanics of the two is really an injustice to Cam and understates Tebow's challange.

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
extra stupid thread

DrFate
11-02-2011, 07:56 AM
But Auburn does not run the Urban Meyer offense. They use a system of progression reads.

Bendog,
Rep for your post. I was comparing the shotgun/run-a-lot FLA offense to the shotgun/run-a-lot AUB offense. Your post (and associated links) is enlightening.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2011, 08:05 AM
I would give him through the 12th game of the season to see if he can show any serious improvement. If he does, he gets the rest of the season to convince the front office to give him 2012. If not, let Quinn start the final 4 games to see if he's worth resigning as a backup or transitional starter while whatever QB we select in the 1st round develops.

bendog
11-02-2011, 12:23 PM
An offense without the predictability of a run-run-pass layout or under-center play action calls that are slow to develop. They need to run more of a spread attack with quicker passes and screen calls.

Den ran 8 first and ten plays in the first half. Two designed Tebow runs. 3 passes (tebow completed one) two tailback runs, and one taliback run after tebow put them in 1-15 with a too much time penalty (in scoring position). The primary formation is Tebow in shotgun, one rb, te and 3wr.

Now I'm not saying there's no hope for the kid. But for anyone to say the playcalling is "too conservative," the sets are "too conservative and not spreading the field," "Tebow needs more shotgun" simply IS NOT WATCHING THE GAME. On the long passes, tebow had recievers in short routes, but he chose not to go to them. If a team has 8 in the box, only a brain dead Josh Mcdaniels clone wouldn't send a man deep because it's an easy TD if the safety blows off coverage or someone trips.

Tebow sucks. He can't beat one on one coverage and till he can TAP DANCING JESUS CHRIST couldn't win the this McDanielssuk team. Stop blaming the coaching playcalling or watever. Right now this team cannot win a game with the current qb. He can get better or get gone.

jhns
11-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Den ran 8 first and ten plays in the first half. Two designed Tebow runs. 3 passes (tebow completed one) two tailback runs, and one taliback run after tebow put them in 1-15 with a too much time penalty (in scoring position). The primary formation is Tebow in shotgun, one rb, te and 3wr.

Now I'm not saying there's no hope for the kid. But for anyone to say the playcalling is "too conservative," the sets are "too conservative and not spreading the field," "Tebow needs more shotgun" simply IS NOT WATCHING THE GAME. On the long passes, tebow had recievers in short routes, but he chose not to go to them. If a team has 8 in the box, only a brain dead Josh Mcdaniels clone wouldn't send a man deep because it's an easy TD if the safety blows off coverage or someone trips.

Tebow sucks. He can't beat one on one coverage and till he can TAP DANCING JESUS CHRIST couldn't win the this McDanielssuk team. Stop blaming the coaching playcalling or watever. Right now this team cannot win a game with the current qb. He can get better or get gone.

Ummm, this team is 2-3 with Tebow starting. Your hatred has made you go full retard.

It wasn't the aggressiveness. It was the lack of plays designed to beat the blitz. It was the lack of easy, short quick, passes that most coaches call to get the QB into a rhythm and help his confidence. Lynch saw it. I saw it. Schlereth saw it. I'm sure many others saw it. You claim we are all wrong and everything is Tebows fault. You are a joke.

errand
11-02-2011, 12:33 PM

I think Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick lend credence that old dogs can learn new tricks...as they have finally seemed to figure out how to be good NFL QB's after 6-7 years in the NFL.

You guys act like Orton and Quinn are on the wrong side of 30 headed downhill....and if one of them plays well the rest of the year (if the even see the field this season) that Fox and Elway wouldn't re-sign one of them.

If Tebow gets benched over the next two weeks we'd still have 6 games to see if one of those guys can play better than they have recently...and that might be enough to get them an offer to return next season.

bendog
11-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Ummm, this team is 2-3 with Tebow starting. Your hatred has made you go full retard.

It wasn't the aggressiveness. It was the lack of plays designed to beat the blitz. It was the lack of easy, short quick, passes that most coaches call to get the QB into a rhythm and help his confidence. Lynch saw it. I saw it. Schlereth saw it. I'm sure many others saw it. You claim we are all wrong and everything is Tebows fault. You are a joke.

I don't count mia as a win so much as a gimme, jizz

BroncoMan4ever
11-02-2011, 12:37 PM
if he does get pulled it won't be to return to Orton. it will be to see Quinn or possible even Webber. Quinn is also a young former 1st rounder with pretty good ability, it's just the mental part that is screwing him.

in fact if Tebow continues to lag and show no improvement i would like to see what we have in Quinn when it really counts. worst case scenario he sucks and he is done at the end of the year anyway, good scenario he plays well enough that we offer him a deal to be the long term back up in Denver, great scenario he revives his career in Denver we make him our starter and he becomes the face of the franchise and we can address other problems in the draft.

jhns
11-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't count mia as a win so much as a gimme, jizz

Oh, well that sure clears things up. As long as you don't count his wins, this team can't win with Tebow!

Again, your hatred has made you go full retard.

errand
11-02-2011, 12:41 PM

the Broncos during Elway's career use to have a play where the QB scrambles right, then throws the ball across the field to a hopefully wide open man...they had every QB run it in practice, from Gary Kubiak to Tommy Maddox....but John was the only one that could pull it off on a consistent basis. The point being is this is where practice means something....if you can't run the play well in practice consistently, then why would you call it on game day?

Curious if you even considered that perhaps Tebow's elongated throwing motion hinders all these short quick passes you say he needs to complete? And that he sucks at throwing quick passes due to footwork or throwing motion in practice, so the coaching staff figures why even try it during a game?

Is it even possible THAT might be the case?

Personally I think they should do like Panthers have done with Newton...limit his reads to one or two and give him more protection. Keep it simple stupid

jhns
11-02-2011, 12:44 PM
the Broncos during Elway's career use to have a play where the QB scrambles right, then throws the ball across the field to a hopefully wide open man...they had every QB run it in practice, from Gary Kubiak to Tommy Maddox....but John was the only one that could pull it off on a consistent basis. The point being is this is where practice means something....if you can't run the play well in practice consistently, then why would you call it on game day?

Curious if you even considered that perhaps Tebow's elongated throwing motion hinders all these short quick passes you say he needs to complete? And that he sucks at throwing quick passes due to footwork or throwing motion in practice, so the coaching staff figures why even try it during a game?

Is it even possible THAT might be the case?

Not at all possible. He has completed them before. He ran successful screens as well. So if you don't think that him doing it, shows that he can do it, I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason he looked twice as good his rookie year.

I will tell you that Lynch is a pretty smart guy and he talked about this all game.

LaneLosh2
11-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Highly agree that orton gives them a better chance to win. Plus he's an iowa boy!:D

jhns
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Highly agree that orton gives them a better chance to win. Plus he's an iowa boy!:D

4-14 vs 2-3

Yeah he does!

Rabb
11-02-2011, 01:51 PM

Altoona though, then he left for Purdue...so eff him.

FireFly
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM
If he DOES get benched, I hope it's not for Orton.

NFLBRONCO
11-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Figure if they do it will be after jet game thurs nov 17th. They'd have over a week to get Brady ready. I think we should just play Tebow though.

BroncoMan4ever
11-02-2011, 04:48 PM
a curious thought. right now the main argument for a switch is to win games and keep the morale of vets going into next season.

but you have to wonder, does this franchise really want to win that badly this year. each loss gets them closer to the number 1 pick in the draft. and each loss also ensures them a higher draft pick. with the hope that a team that has the top pick in the draft already has their QBOTF and would be a capable trade partner, it is much easier and much less costly to move from picking around 5th to the number 1 spot than it would be to move from 10 to 1 which happens if Denver starts winning games.

this year a 4-12 record won't get you a number 2 pick, but instead probably land you picking around 9th. i think there are some people on this staff that see every loss as a win for the long term success of the team

extralife
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
there's zero reason to bench him this season

~Crash~
11-21-2011, 11:04 AM
get your ass sandwich....ass sandwich's ....get your ass sandwich's right here

Peoples Champ
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
tebow won't make the entire season without significant improvement. Fox has an obligation to the entire team not just tebow.

who is this guy?

Peoples Champ
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM

really?

Archer81
11-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Some dumb ****ing opinions in this thread...

:Broncos:

edog24
11-21-2011, 11:28 AM
The only logical reason I can think of the people who want Orton playing are those on the season ticket waiting list.

Blart
11-21-2011, 11:46 AM
get your ass sandwich....ass sandwich's ....get your ass sandwich's right here

Done. Evidence:

http://www.beerbeatsbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/montreal_sat_asssand.jpg

I'm glad I was wrong. Much more fun to be in playoff contention.

Archer81
11-21-2011, 11:58 AM
As Tebow teaches us...we are to be gracious and humble always. Even if some of the opinions expressed were giggletits worthy.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I bet OP ignores this bump.

Cito Pelon
11-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Won't happen.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Just to be fair to myself, OP also stated "without significant improvement". I stated 2 games.

Jetmeck
11-21-2011, 01:31 PM

How's that working out for ya......?.....dick

ZONA
11-21-2011, 06:08 PM
some guys looking really stupid on this thread, hahahaha.

barryr
11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
some guys looking really stupid on this thread, hahahaha.

Especially the fool who started this thread in the first place.

epicSocialism4tw
11-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Worst thread evar?

epicSocialism4tw
11-21-2011, 09:59 PM
extra stupid thread

thread winner

~Crash~
12-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Well I just thought the ass hats that have knocked Tebow should at this point eat their ass sandwich's !!!!!!!!! if not we should give them hell with out Mercy

Broncbow
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Well I just thought the ass hats that have knocked Tebow should at this point eat their ass sandwich's !!!!!!!!! if not we should give them hell with out Mercy

Starting with Elway~!!:thumbs:

Mouth
12-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Someone needs to make an apologize to Mr. Tebow thread to give everyone who said he wouldn't last, or he couldn't win, all that stuff can say they are sorry and we can forgive them.

Mouth

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/John_John_oso/nelson_ha_ha.jpg

Gort
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Starting with Elway~!!:thumbs:

would you shut up about that already.

do you honestly think you're going to change anybody's mind on a Broncos forum by badmouthing Elway?

i don't exactly think Elway walks on water, but to alot of people here, he represents the best memories they ever had of this team.

Gort
12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Someone needs to make an apologize to Mr. Tebow thread to give everyone who said he wouldn't last, or he couldn't win, all that stuff can say they are sorry and we can forgive them.

Mouth

sock puppet account. what's your real username, coward?

Mouth
12-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Not a sock puppet, didn't even know this forum existed until like 2 weeks or whatever ago.

Gort
12-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Not a sock puppet, didn't even know this forum existed until like 2 weeks or whatever ago.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6b/1000x500px-LL-6b4da29e_207_not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

too many sock puppets on this site.

any account registered after SEP 2011 is suspect.

cabronco
12-05-2011, 04:39 PM
would you shut up about that already.

do you honestly think you're going to change anybody's mind on a Broncos forum by badmouthing Elway?

i don't exactly think Elway walks on water, but to alot of people here, he represents the best memories they ever had of this team.

+1

Mouth
12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6b/1000x500px-LL-6b4da29e_207_not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

too many sock puppets on this site.

any account registered after SEP 2011 is suspect.

lol, I'm not mad or anything, I'm not new to the iterwebs, just this site.

OBF1
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
So much fail on this thread... But it does not exceed my expectations of this website.

Bronx33
12-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Like i said in this thread already ( extra stupid thread) enjoy your well earned ass sammich you tard.