PDA

View Full Version : Suh says Kuper is the best guard he has come up against.

Dagmar
10-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Nice to get a compliment. Kaylore will be happy :wiggle:

:)

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 10:16 PM
I was going to say Kuper had a really good game. Beadles and Franklin....not so much.

Jetmeck
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes SUH was not heard from all day..............

KevinJames
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
I was going to say Kuper had a really good game. Beadles and Franklin....not so much.

We should flip them and see how they do.

Beadles at RT

Franklin at LG

what you think?

Jetmeck
10-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Franklin was a turnstile all day............they say he is a road grader in the run game...........I dunno about that but him and Clady on the same side might be a good thing ?

Pontius Pirate
10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
SUHp wit dat?

broncocalijohn
10-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Good to hear some good comments from the Lions after telling other unpleasant comments. With Franklin letting the ends come on through all game, tough to see who did their job.

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 10:38 PM

Beadles at RT

Franklin at LG

what you think?

Franklin at guard I'd be open to since it's speed rushers that give him problems. Beadles is a waist bending pansy.

UberBroncoMan
10-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Franklin at guard I'd be open to since it's speed rushers that give him problems. Beadles is a waist bending pansy.

Not sure why we didn't try it. Beadles actually did so-so at RT last year and Franklin has guard experience in college.

McDman
10-31-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm drunk.

Popps
10-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Refresh my memory, did Beadles move over to replace Harris?
If so, all I know is that when we replaced Harris the line immediately got better.

McDman
10-31-2011, 11:49 PM
If so, all I know is that when we replaced Harris the line immediately got better.

Pretty sure he did but it wasn't a big success.

If only that guy could stay healthy...

enjolras
10-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Beadles spent a sizable chunk of last season at RT. When he moved inside the running game was measurably better. I think we need to give him more time at guard and let him develop.

Same with Franklin really. We're 7 games into his NFL career. I think it's a bit early to say that he can't play RT in this league.

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Beadles spent a sizable chunk of last season at RT. When he moved inside the running game was measurably better. I think we need to give him more time at guard and let him develop.

Same with Franklin really. We're 7 games into his NFL career. I think it's a bit early to say that he can't play RT in this league.

I've heard 5 games is an acceptable amount around here.

Durango
11-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Kuper is terrific. Clady still looks shaky to me, but even in a lesser state, he's better than most LT's. Franklins a rookie. We won't have any honest grade on him for a year or two. Beadles and Walton just look like journeymen.

I just can't understand why these guys have played so horribly. There is talent there.

Drek
11-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Not sure why we didn't try it. Beadles actually did so-so at RT last year and Franklin has guard experience in college.

The majority of Beadles' career in college was at OT. A large portion of Franklin's was at OG.

Yet we decided to swap them both in a league with more speed rushers on the ends and power in the middle than you'll ever see in college.

TheReverend
11-01-2011, 04:44 AM

The line didnt "get better" until Harris was back in the line-up...

He did... but he also had a LOT of TE help. Something our coaches refuse to give Franklin for whatever reason.

broncs2bowl
11-01-2011, 06:01 AM
Link please?

TheChamp24
11-01-2011, 06:50 AM
I still have nightmares about that play where Tebow fumbled and it was returned for a TD.
Watching Beadles ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY whiff on his man, and the guy didn't even do anything special, and then Avril running right around Franklin, yeah, Orton would've shat his pants and curled up in the fetal position there.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Franklin played guard in college and now he's working the blind side of the QB. It going to take some time.

Ray Finkle
11-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Franklin should stay at guard and take his beatings there. It is very rare for a 1st Oline player to come in and not struggle. Clady, Pouncey, and Long are the outliers. Anyone remember how bad the 49ers line was last year and now look at them.....

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Link please?
Yeah I can't find this anywhere. And believe me, I've looked.

Ray Finkle
11-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Yeah I can't find this anywhere. And believe me, I've looked.

pants on or around your ankles?;D

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
pants on or around your ankles?;D

I really don't get the "I'm gay for Chris Kuper" thing. There are posters around here that have bigger man-crushes for players than I do for Chris Kuper and yet somehow whenever he comes up its immediately followed by some kind of sex reference with me and him.

Poster: "Chris Kuper had a good game"

Khan: "Yeah he really did well."

Everyone: "ZOMG U SUCK HIS P3n1S!!!!"

::)

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Just a little factoid, the Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh said the Denver #Broncos Chris Kuper was the best guard he has played against.

It was tweeted by the orange page and reteeeted by Lombardi and a couple of national fellows.

Ray Finkle
11-01-2011, 08:25 AM
I really don't get the "I'm gay for Chris Kuper" thing. There are posters around here that have bigger man-crushes for players than I do for Chris Kuper and yet somehow whenever he comes up its immediately followed by some kind of sex reference with me and him.

For me, it all centers around the picture they photoshopped Chris's head on your wedding pic. I'm just giving you some crap....it's better than mentioning current/former QB's/HC's and how things used to be better :D

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 08:30 AM
It was tweeted by the orange page and reteeeted by Lombardi and a couple of national fellows.

Hmmm. There's no link and if Lombardi (Michael or Vic) had it up there, they have since taken it down. It doesn't matter because Kuper played well. That's all you can ask.

RaiderH8r
11-01-2011, 08:31 AM
I did see Kuper mixing it up out there after the whistle from time to time; showing some pride and sticking up for his guys. Wish we had more guys playing with a chip on their shoulder (looking at you WRs).

Gort
11-01-2011, 08:32 AM
I've heard 5 games is an acceptable amount around here.

Elway should have been benched after 5 games. his completion percentage was only 48%. he clearly wasn't good enough for the NFL.

/sarc

RaiderH8r
11-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Hmmm. There's no link and if Lombardi (Michael or Vic) had it up there, they have since taken it down. It doesn't matter because Kuper played well. That's all you can ask.

UR GHEY 4 TEH KOOPORZ!!!

KAYLORE 4L33T.

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 08:35 AM
UR GHEY 4 TEH KOOPORZ!!!

KAYLORE 4L33T.

Ha!

RaiderH8r
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Ha!

I might, MIGHT, let Kuper stay when I'm running this team next year because he wasn't shy about busting out a little H.R. Shovenstuff when the Lions were getting chippy. I wish more of our guys would do that. We lack a leader on O. I know Timmy is a natural leader but we need someone with the stones to go to McCoy and say, "Hey, they're playing me off by 10 throw me a swing" or "Hey, I've got my guy on skates let's run" but we've got so much youth out there that I think they just go out and do as they're told and I think Tim is so invested in being a coachable player and buying in that he isn't comfortable second guessing or offering his input. For that matter neither is DT I'm sure and Royal has phoned it in. The only guy on our O that I think could say, "Hey, this or that is working let's do ______" is McGahee.

Again, this goes to coaching. Sitting on the sideline and going through what the guys on the field are seeing. How things are playing on the field vs. what is seen from the coach's box. Empowering players to be participants in the team's success rather than being automatons doing the plays.

Making players think about how they perform, how the plays work, how the plays and their performance can be tweaked and adjusted as games and situations dictate. Getting these guys playing between their ears as much as playing between the lines. As much as we go on and on here as fans the fact is every player in the NFL is a good athlete, some of them are good NFL players. The difference between good NFL players and great NFL players more often than not lies in ther cerebral commitment to the game as much as their physical commitment. And that's on the coaching staff to nurture that quality in the players as much as they can. Sure, some guys won't take to it but most will. I just don't see a lot of thinking going on the Broncos staff. We're regressing at almost every position, not just Timmy. Hell, I've said it before, I've come around to the fact that KO's regression is not likely his fault. McCoy's offensive plans are...well...offensive. KO has regressed and wasn't even putting up his usual garbage time, moving between the 20's stats that we were so familiar with and I'm now of the mind that a good chunk of that was not his fault and I was wrong to put so much of the stink on KO.

Take Timmy's sack ratio for example, Orton is turfing those balls out of bounds instead of taking sacks. Timmy still believes he can make chicken salad out of chicken **** on any given play and is holding on back there. The constant is that neither seems to be able to consistantly find open receivers and the check down reads are either too few or not open either or pressure is getting to them. At any rate, McCoy did no favors to Orton in terms of playcalling and play design and the same seems to be true for Timmy. The constant in the sucktitude of the position is Gase and McCoy.

Like I said, is there anybody in the football world that doesn't think that Tebow would work himself until his eyes bled if the coaches gave him a regimen of drills to fix his mechanics? In my experience, mechanics need to be addressed one at a time. You can't work on all problems at one time. If Timmy were given the task of fixing his footwork this season as a priority I have no doubt that it would happen or he would die trying. Period. Why has there been no progression in any single part of Timmy's mechanics? He's a legendary workout warrior and a coachable guy. He will do as instructed which leaves us with the instructor as a problem area. Gase has no experience developing a QB and now he's in charge of developing an understood project QB and clearly he can't do it.

For that matter, has any player made any progress in their development under this staff? Seriously. Would these guys be just as well off to never have had Fox's staff "instruction" in the first place?

gyldenlove
11-01-2011, 09:22 AM

I agree, if we stick with Tebow I would so love to get our hands on Kalil out of USC and stick him at RT and move Franklin to LG, that would a beast line.

TheReverend
11-01-2011, 09:24 AM

I don't think it's because of the man-crush. I think it's from the gay sex.

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 09:31 AM

You're projecting

TheReverend
11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
You're projecting

You're probably right.

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 09:47 AM
You're probably right.

Ha!

gyldenlove
11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
You're projecting

So who is having all this ghey buttseks then?

RaiderH8r
11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
You're probably right.

I don't usually associate Reverends with Catholocism. Live and learn.

broncocalijohn
11-01-2011, 10:40 AM
So who is having all this ghey buttseks then?

Blart and Chris. THose wanting it from a certain football player would be MacGruder and Alpha Seirra. At least Alpha hasnt shown up to back the crappy performance of Tebow's game.

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Blart and Chris. THose wanting it from a certain football player would be MacGruder and Alpha Seirra. At least Alpha hasnt shown up to back the crappy performance of Tebow's game.

You obviously missed MacPooper's "list" he's making of all the Tebow haters.

txtebow
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Beadles at RT

Franklin at LG

what you think?

that is a REALLY good idea. Props to you!

McDman
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM

Pretty sure Req is one pf them gay fellers too. Apparently he sees Decker at gay bars in MN?

McDman
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Haha, seriously? You gotta link that.

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Wait, did he actually make that thread? He's a ****ing mentalist.

McDman
11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Wait, did he actually make that thread? He's a ****ing mentalist.

You are projecting!

With hunt!

Strawman!

Kaylore
11-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Here you go, gentlemen.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100976

Several of the people asking to be put on the list have some funny comments. Starts at bottom of page one.

~Crash~
11-01-2011, 11:26 AM
that is a REALLY good idea. Props to you!

dont say postive things these ass hats might really throw a negitive rep:pimp:

McDman
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Here you go, gentlemen.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100976

Several of the people asking to be put on the list have some funny comments. Starts at bottom of page one.

What a crazy asshole.

Ray Finkle
11-01-2011, 01:23 PM

:haw!::haw!::haw!::haw!::haw!::haw!::haw!::haw!:

BroncoMan4ever
11-01-2011, 05:23 PM
i have said for the last few seasons. Kuper has not been the problem with out line it is 3 other guys who suck and make him look ****ty by association.

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I kinda wish kupes dad could give us a little insight into the chippy stuff during the lions game.

gunns
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM

You've always had a problem with Beadles......probably since his U of U days. ;D

Nice to hear about Kuper, especially from Suh.

Yoda
11-01-2011, 05:45 PM
This Kuper below?????? Ya, I am sure Suh would love to play him every week!!!

Bronx33
11-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Yoda go jerk off or something ( its more productive than any post you can put together)

razorwire77
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Clady, Kuper, draft a C, move Franklin inside, draft Kalil move him to RT.

I'd rather they draft Matt with 3-5, than reach for Landry Jones in the top 5.

Yoda
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Quite frankly, the Broncos OL is not very good, I am quite shocked that SUH had such a "difficult time".

RaiderH8r
11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
I would expect any OL with an ounce of pride to put a pop knot on any dickbag mocking his QB and standing over him and all the other **** the Lions pulled. I would have posted and cut Avril's knee for showing out the way he did. Kuper was the only one of the bunch to show some stones and that's pretty f'ing sad that nobody else had their qb's back. They should be ashamed of themselves. OL protect their guys.

Punisher
11-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Chris Kuper +10

kupesdad
11-04-2011, 01:18 AM

Khan...The thing I appreciate is the fact that at the beginning of the season and the end of last season there was you and a couple of other poster's that weren't on the " Chris Kuper sux and isn't worth the $$$ we just blew on him" school of thought. Nevermind the fact that he hasn't played 1 season with the same guys on either side of him or rookies next to him, or casts on his feet,hands, etc... all he has done is strung together 6 pretty good seasons with 4 or 5 different QB's, 4 or 5 different Head Coaches (if you count interim HC's) the same amount of Offenses, OC's, Line Coaches etc... The nice thing is that guys like you Chris, some of the other guys on this website and a few others, his teammates and opponents are starting to recognize his ability, toughness and being a good guy in the locker room. But I get the fact tjhat every time you say something nice , the gay references start pouring out. I really do appreciate your support among others such as Rev, Miss I, Dom C, ghwk, TJ, BroncoCali, RayF and even the intelligent football guys that may not share my viewpoints in every case but can string together a decent sentence. I don't claim to know all the in and outs of BroncoLand but I do have a pretty decent understanding of the game as do a number of others on this website. Once again Chris, Khan, Kaylore take the bullsh*t with a grain of salt and consider the source. We'll have a great time at the SuperBowl, Pro Bowl, Toilet Bowl?? so EFFF them all... Go Broncos!!! Kupe

kupesdad
11-04-2011, 01:35 AM
I kinda wish kupes dad could give us a little insight into the chippy stuff during the lions game.

I can

Doggcow
11-04-2011, 01:56 AM
I can

Talk about a cocktease of a post.

Pray tell.

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 06:52 AM
I can

:rofl: Awesome. Well played.

RaiderH8r
11-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Khan...The thing I appreciate is the fact that at the beginning of the season and the end of last season there was you and a couple of other poster's that weren't on the " Chris Kuper sux and isn't worth the $$$ we just blew on him" school of thought. Nevermind the fact that he hasn't played 1 season with the same guys on either side of him or rookies next to him, or casts on his feet,hands, etc... all he has done is strung together 6 pretty good seasons with 4 or 5 different QB's, 4 or 5 different Head Coaches (if you count interim HC's) the same amount of Offenses, OC's, Line Coaches etc... The nice thing is that guys like you Chris, some of the other guys on this website and a few others, his teammates and opponents are starting to recognize his ability, toughness and being a good guy in the locker room. But I get the fact tjhat every time you say something nice , the gay references start pouring out. I really do appreciate your support among others such as Rev, Miss I, Dom C, ghwk, TJ, BroncoCali, RayF and even the intelligent football guys that may not share my viewpoints in every case but can string together a decent sentence. I don't claim to know all the in and outs of BroncoLand but I do have a pretty decent understanding of the game as do a number of others on this website. Once again Chris, Khan, Kaylore take the bullsh*t with a grain of salt and consider the source. We'll have a great time at the SuperBowl, Pro Bowl, Toilet Bowl?? so EFFF them all... Go Broncos!!! Kupe

To be fair, Khan was a lover of teh p3nizes before he got the ghey 4teh Kooporz but it was all repressed. Very Freudian really so this has been good for his psyche.

RaiderH8r
11-04-2011, 06:59 AM
:rofl: Awesome. Well played.

This is the internez, in the absence of truth let's make shT up.

MplsBronco
11-04-2011, 07:05 AM
I would expect any OL with an ounce of pride to put a pop knot on any dickbag mocking his QB and standing over him and all the other **** the Lions pulled. I would have posted and cut Avril's knee for showing out the way he did. Kuper was the only one of the bunch to show some stones and that's pretty f'ing sad that nobody else had their qb's back. They should be ashamed of themselves. OL protect their guys.

I agree with this. Where is the attitude, the nastiness?

This whole team and organization is soft. I couldn't believe when that Lion jumped into the stands after the first TD that the fans didn't throw him out. I was thinking to my self if I was sitting there I wouldn't have let him get into the stands, let alone sit there and laugh his arse. Its just sad and shows that the ship probably isn't going to be righted any time soon.

TheReverend
11-04-2011, 07:29 AM

Your genes are the only thing holding him back :angel:

RaiderH8r
11-04-2011, 07:31 AM
I agree with this. Where is the attitude, the nastiness?

This whole team and organization is soft. I couldn't believe when that Lion jumped into the stands after the first TD that the fans didn't throw him out. I was thinking to my self if I was sitting there I wouldn't have let him get into the stands, let alone sit there and laugh his arse. Its just sad and shows that the ship probably isn't going to be righted any time soon.

Yep. Fans too. Thahell is wrong with people? That guy should have been swallowed into the mass never to be heard from again or unceremoniously dumped on his skull. Either way F him. F him in the ear until his eyes bleed and then F him in the eyes.

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 07:40 AM

I know. It's the Mane and once we've found a Meme we beat it to death. I just find myself not wanting to say anything because I don't think anyone will take it seriously because "I'm a Kuper homer." I know guys like Ray Finkle are just messing around, but I don't understand how it can still be funny. I mean its been six years and we're still going to that.

It's like Jim being called "Tuna" on the Office.

BroncoBuff
11-04-2011, 07:44 AM

Agreed. Franklin seems more of a mauler really, an interior lineman. Move him like Leonard Davis and Robert Gallery moved, he could do some damage.

Is Beadles really that bad? I take it you don't think a 'pansy waist bender' fits at RT ... problem is Josh's frightening incompetence acquiring O-linemen: Seth Olsen, Eric Olsen, Batiste, Gorin, Beadles, and the Blake Schleuter train wreck - a draft pick that couldn't even make it as far as the first pre-season game. J.D. Walton was the lone worthwhile guy he brought in, though Hochstein is decent.

Suh's praise for Kuper carries real weight, might get him to the Pro Bowl. But I don't think Kuper's skill is anything new, didn't we sign him to a monster 6-year extension just last season?

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Unfortunately for Kuper, linemen have to play behind good offenses to get credit weather they're good or not. Won't stop me from voting for him for the pro-bowl though.

Beadles isn't "that" bad. But he is "that" inconsistent. The ability is there and then it is not.

Powderaddict
11-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Unfortunately for Kuper, linemen have to play behind good offenses to get credit weather they're good or not. Won't stop me from voting for him for the pro-bowl though.

Beadles isn't "that" bad. But he is "that" inconsistent. The ability is there and then it is not.

Do you think Walton has made any progress?

To me it's so frustrating. It seems like one week, Beadles has an "ok" game and looks fractionally better, and Walton blows. The next week Walton looks like he had a better than typical for Walton game and Beadles falls apart.

Maybe they are fairly consistent and just the guys they are playing are fuluctuating in talent.

But consitency is the name of the game, and that is very evident at OL where it takes all 5 to look good but just 1 to make it look bad.

I'm glad Kuper is on the team, it's crazy to believe he's the salty old vet now. He's one of the few consistent bright spots week in and week out on offense.

Rohirrim
11-04-2011, 07:59 AM
I haven't given up on Beadles. I think if they move him out to RT (he played LT for most of his Ute career) and move Franklin in next to Clady they'll get more out of both players. Beadles has a long history of toughness and hard work behind him. If it's just a matter of strength and technique, I believe he'll put it together. He gave up 1.5 sacks in 405 pass plays in his senior year at Utah. I disagree with people questioning his toughness. If you read his history going all the way back to high school, the one quality that stands out is toughness. Something else might be going on, but I doubt it's a problem with toughness. Keep in mind, this Oline has gone through all the same upheavals over the last two years that the rest of the team has faced, and if there's one thing an Oline has to have, it's cohesion. And that doesn't come overnight.

Powderaddict
11-04-2011, 08:01 AM
I haven't given up on Beadles. I think if they move him out to RT (he played LT for most of his Ute career) and move Franklin in next to Clady they'll get more out of both players. Beadles has a long history of toughness and hard work behind him. If it's just a matter of strength and technique, I believe he'll put it together. He gave up 1.5 sacks in 405 pass plays in his senior year at Utah. I disagree with people questioning his toughness. If you read his history going all the way back to high school, the one quality that stands out is toughness. Something else might be going on, but I doubt it's a problem with toughness.

Maybe he just needs a couple seasons to bulk up? Maybe he's another guy impacted by the lockout?

Who knows. But he has to play better.

BroncoBuff
11-04-2011, 08:04 AM
"From Alaska to Hawaii: How I made Ndamakan Suh my b!itch" by Chris Kuper

Drek
11-04-2011, 08:10 AM
I haven't given up on Beadles. I think if they move him out to RT (he played LT for most of his Ute career) and move Franklin in next to Clady they'll get more out of both players. Beadles has a long history of toughness and hard work behind him. If it's just a matter of strength and technique, I believe he'll put it together. He gave up 1.5 sacks in 405 pass plays in his senior year at Utah. I disagree with people questioning his toughness. If you read his history going all the way back to high school, the one quality that stands out is toughness. Something else might be going on, but I doubt it's a problem with toughness. Keep in mind, this Oline has gone through all the same upheavals over the last two years that the rest of the team has faced, and if there's one thing an Oline has to have, it's cohesion. And that doesn't come overnight.

Franklin didn't play OT until the last game of his junior year and then throughout his senior year. 2/3rds of his college starts are at LG. Beadles didn't play OG after his freshman year at all until he entered the NFL. But for some crazy ass reason we insist on playing the two in the opposite of those positions.

Last year Beadles was a hot mess early on at LG. He bumped out to RT in place of Harris and looked respectable. He went back inside when Harris was healthy and was ok but nothing special. So why didn't we build on what we saw he could do well and make him the RT this off-season?

Square pegs for round holes. That is Denver Broncos football.

gyldenlove
11-04-2011, 08:36 AM

Beadles has 2 problems: technique and consistency. It would appear that he lacks strength but I believe this is a result of his poor technique and leverage more than him not being strong enough - one problem he has is that he has shortish arms so he has to let d-linemen into his body a bit more before he can redirect them which is why he was moved to guard in the first place, he also doesn't bend naturally at the knees and he gets very inconsistent leverage as a result, some times he bends right and gets under people and can really get some push, but too many times he doesn't bend right and as a result has no leverage or push.

I think Walton has come quite far compared to last year, he looks better in pass protection and while he still gets walked back he is usually able to recover and lock on before the pressure gets to the QB, and really an offensive lineman should never be judged on his rookie play. Beadles can definitely still turn things around and be a good pro, but he doesn't look natural at G and his inconsistent play and technique is really holding him back, he might be better at RT simply because that position relies less on leverage and push and more agility, especially with a left handed QB.

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Do you think Walton has made any progress?

To me it's so frustrating. It seems like one week, Beadles has an "ok" game and looks fractionally better, and Walton blows. The next week Walton looks like he had a better than typical for Walton game and Beadles falls apart.

Maybe they are fairly consistent and just the guys they are playing are fuluctuating in talent.

But consitency is the name of the game, and that is very evident at OL where it takes all 5 to look good but just 1 to make it look bad.

I'm glad Kuper is on the team, it's crazy to believe he's the salty old vet now. He's one of the few consistent bright spots week in and week out on offense.

Walton gave up half a sack last year. In pass pro he is pretty solid. The run game is moving along too. He plays next to Kuper but he plays next to Beadles so its hard to say. I'm not as high on Walton as I was on Kuper, but I think better of him than most of the board.

Powderaddict
11-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Walton gave up half a sack last year. In pass pro he is pretty solid. The run game is moving along too. He plays next to Kuper but he plays next to Beadles so its hard to say. I'm not as high on Walton as I was on Kuper, but I think better of him than most of the board.

This week will be a good test. Same Oline as game one against the same Raider line. It will be interesting to see how far they have come along.

It's hard watching so much struggles across the offense. DT has been a major disappointment. We have 2 stable positions on the OL. QB play has been terrible. Royal has lost his way.

I'm hoping all this youth can and will live up to their potential. Maybe it's goo that quite a few are going through their "growing pains" all at the same time. If not, it's going to take more than last offseason, and this one, to even be competetive on a weekly basis.

Play2win
11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Franklin didn't play OT until the last game of his junior year and then throughout his senior year. 2/3rds of his college starts are at LG. Beadles didn't play OG after his freshman year at all until he entered the NFL. But for some crazy ass reason we insist on playing the two in the opposite of those positions.

Last year Beadles was a hot mess early on at LG. He bumped out to RT in place of Harris and looked respectable. He went back inside when Harris was healthy and was ok but nothing special. So why didn't we build on what we saw he could do well and make him the RT this off-season?

Hey, Shanny started it...

RaiderH8r
11-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I know. It's the Mane and once we've found a Meme we beat it to death. I just find myself not wanting to say anything because I don't think anyone will take it seriously because "I'm a Kuper homer." I know guys like Ray Finkle are just messing around, but I don't understand how it can still be funny. I mean its been six years and we're still going to that.

It's like Jim being called "Tuna" on the Office.

I still take you seriously but internet memes are like herpes, you can't get rid of them. It may go into remission but you'll get outbreaks from time to time. You need internet Valtrex. Internex.

gyldenlove
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM

Giving up sacks is not a great number, last year Walton got walked back a lot and the only reason it didn't end up yielding more sacks was that it forced Orton to move sideways in the pocket and he would either throw it away or get sacked by the defensive end. I have seen less of that this year, he still gives up ground when someone attacks him from the 0 or 1, but he usually stabilizes and holds his ground after giving up a couple of steps.

I remember when we drafted Walton he was considered pretty pro ready because of his attitude and workmanlike play, I think what we are seeing now is him growing into a decent pro, he will never be another Nails or even a Mangold or Kalil, but I think he can be one of the top 15 centers in the league for a long time and that is good enough.

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Giving up sacks is not a great number, last year Walton got walked back a lot and the only reason it didn't end up yielding more sacks was that it forced Orton to move sideways in the pocket and he would either throw it away or get sacked by the defensive end. I have seen less of that this year, he still gives up ground when someone attacks him from the 0 or 1, but he usually stabilizes and holds his ground after giving up a couple of steps.

I remember when we drafted Walton he was considered pretty pro ready because of his attitude and workmanlike play, I think what we are seeing now is him growing into a decent pro, he will never be another Nails or even a Mangold or Kalil, but I think he can be one of the top 15 centers in the league for a long time and that is good enough.
I completely agree. Great post.

BroncoBuff
11-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey, Shanny started it...

Not sure I see much 'round peg in square hole' history here ... examples?

Terry Pierce probably played out of position, and there was questions about where Eddie Royal should line up in Josh's offense, but I don't recall much else. I do seem to recall an odd statement from Shananhan in '06 or '07. He disclaimed ever having affinity for lighter, quicker O-linemen. Everybody thought that was our ZBS prototype of course, but Shanahan said no. Maybe it was Alex Gibbs.

Br0nc0Buster
11-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Beadles was awful at tackle

Even though he sucks at guard, he sucks less than at tackle

Maycok though he should be a center, the guy is not tackle material

was a stupid draft pick, at best he is a backup that can play multiple spots

or in our case a ****ty starter

Franklin prolly should be kicked into guard, but until that last game I didnt think he was doing THAT bad, considering he is a rookie playing a new spot

we need to ride it out the rest of the year and see if he improves, if not then but him in Beadles spot and put Beadles on the bench, NOT at tackle

Requiem
11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Broncos best move is to get a good RT and kick Orlando inside. Boom diggity dang.

kupesdad
11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Your genes are the only thing holding him back :angel:

My jeans (rolled up under your mothers bed) are responsible for your birth. :)

Kaylore
11-14-2011, 02:44 PM

Ohhhhh yeaaaaahhhhhh!!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/24ep7ux.gif

crawdad
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Way to go Kupesdad!

baja
11-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Damn!! Sure you want to claim that??