PDA

View Full Version : AFCW

HAT
10-31-2011, 10:44 PM
2 games back.....Denver is in the mix if Fox has the balls to put Orton back in.

broncolife
10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
2 games back.....Denver is in the mix if Fox has the balls to put Orton back in.

Hell yeah, it should only take Orton 10 more games to get those 2 wins.

KevinJames
10-31-2011, 10:51 PM
It doesn't matter who the QB is we are not a good team.

lets just play the young guys and evaluate for the future.

If Tim doesn't improve we go to Quinn.

HAT
10-31-2011, 11:01 PM
It doesn't matter who the QB is we are not a good team.

lets just play the young guys and evaluate for the future.

If Tim doesn't improve we go to Quinn.

When the playoffs are out of reach....I'll agree with you.

As of now, Denver is only 2 back with 9 to play. Fox should come out tomorrow and say.....

"Due to last night's result, Tebow will not start the next 2 games OTR vs. division opponents. We are going balls to the wall to get back into this race so we're going with Orton. If he ****s the bed, fine, then we'll truly be out of the race and I'll let the fans dictate our fate"

I was 100% on board with Tebow starting after the bye.....However, yesterday (and tonight) changed everything. This division is up for grabs for at least the next 2 weeks.

ZachKC
Request denied.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/bengals/haley%20parts%20the%20red%20sea%20copy.jpg

broncocalijohn

Orton fanatics need to let it go. He wasnt winning when he was in there earlier and he probably cant help much after the facts.

ZachKC
10-31-2011, 11:02 PM

As of now, Denver is only 2 back with 9 to play. Fox should come out tomorrow and say.....

"Due to last night's result, Tebow will not start the next 2 games OTR vs. division opponents. We are going balls to the wall to get back into this race so we're going with Orton. If he ****s the bed, fine, then we'll truly be out of the race and I'll let the fans dictate our fate"

I was 100% on board with Tebow starting after the bye.....However, yesterday (and tonight) changed everything. This division is up for grabs for at least the next 2 weeks.

Oh, a HAT post talking about the season turning around. I have read this book before. I will tell you how it ends.

Houshyamama
10-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Request denied.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/bengals/haley%20parts%20the%20red%20sea%20copy.jpg

Must suck to know this is probably the best it's going to get for you guys.

KevinJames
10-31-2011, 11:05 PM
I'd rather put Quinn in than Orton at this point.

HAT
10-31-2011, 11:06 PM
Orton fanatics need to let it go. He wasnt winning when he was in there earlier and he probably cant help much after the facts.

I'm nothing other than a Bronco fanatic BCJ. I get that people think I'm some huge Orton fan because I loved a fake twitter account but I'm being dead serious here.

If Fox had the balls to switch back, Denver would be, at minimum, 1 game back after KC in 2 weeks.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

HAT
10-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Oh, a HAT post talking about the season turning around. I have read this book before. I will tell you how it ends.

All good bro.....I was rooting my ass off for the Chiefs tonight. Glad they pulled it out.

IHaveALight
10-31-2011, 11:13 PM

Really??

Last two seasons...
Orton 4 - 13
Tebow 2 - 3

As bad as you think Tebow is, what does that say about Orton and his far worse wining percentage with the same team?

HAT
10-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Really??

Last two seasons...
Orton 4 - 13
Tebow 2 - 3

As bad as you think Tebow is, what does that say about Orton and his far worse wining percentage with the same team?

I don't think Tebow is a bad football player at all.

IHaveALight
10-31-2011, 11:18 PM
So then what is your thought process that putting Orton in now gives us a chance to win the division? Because Orton obviously hasn't proven that he can win games with this team.

Pontius Pirate
10-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Prediction:

1) Tebow gets a couple more starts and then John Fox be all like "LOL WUT?" Tebow goes back to the bench and holds a mean clipboard.

2) Orton gets back in, plays decent enough to keep the job through the rest of the year and...

3) Denver finishes 2nd ahead of the Faiders who wind up totally BLOWING IT with Palmer all like "Guys, I told you, I only know 15 plays and I've been on my couch jackin it for the past 8 months."

4) Fox, Elway, and Bowlen have a fireside chat and be all like, "So guys, Orton and Quinn are UFA's, Tebow has a slight case of the Downs, and we need a muh***n QB pronto. They look at the available QB FA's from this list and be all like OMG DA *** IS DIS SHI?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2012

5) After Orton bolts for free agency, Quinn remains Quinn, and the FA QB list turns up dry, the FO decides that YES OF COURSE WE'LL TAKE A FIRST ROUND QB WHY THANK YOU and...

6) We wind up going for a QB in round 2. Maybe Foles or Kellen Moore. But NOT Barkley or Jones. The rest of the picks go towards the OL, the defense, and a RB.

KevinJames
10-31-2011, 11:24 PM
^Kellen Moore ? !?

hell no RG3 over him please

HAT
10-31-2011, 11:30 PM
So then what is your thought process that putting Orton in now gives us a chance to win the division? Because Orton obviously hasn't proven that he can win games with this team.

Shot in the arm effect......And don't get me wrong, had SD not screwed the pooch at the end of the game tonight, I'd be all for all Tebow, all day.

Anyone paying attention would know that I've been advocating Tebow the minute the division was out of reach. At 1-4 it was.....

And if Denver wasn't playing Oak & KC in B2B weeks, I wouldn't even be typing this. However, The NFL is fluid.....

If y'all are so convinced that the season is lost and the only purpose is to evaluate Tebow.....What difference does it make if Denver is 2-7 in 3 weeks if Orton/Denver dropped B2B games? Then the division is truly out of reach and Tebow still got 9.5 games worth of Eval.

Besides.....It'd would be two less games for Fox to sabotage TT. :thumbsup:

Pontius Pirate
10-31-2011, 11:30 PM
^Kellen Moore ? !?

hell no RG3 over him please

RG3 goes in the first round, in my prediction, and wouldn't be available in the 2nd

KevinJames
10-31-2011, 11:35 PM
RG3 goes in the first round, in my prediction, and wouldn't be available in the 2nd

I know we absolutely need to spend our first rounder on a QB.

this class is too talented not to.

UberBroncoMan
10-31-2011, 11:39 PM
**** Orton. He's done. Nice guy and all but it's over here. If Tebow has to be benched I go with Quinn.

If Tebow isn't here long term then we can talk about trying to trade our draft for Luck assuming Indy/Miami are 3-13 or better.

broncocalijohn
10-31-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm nothing other than a Bronco fanatic BCJ. I get that people think I'm some huge Orton fan because I loved a fake twitter account but I'm being dead serious here.

If Fox had the balls to switch back, Denver would be, at minimum, 1 game back after KC in 2 weeks.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

Orton wins in Miami much easier than Tebow (I stated that last week). He still loses to the Lions. We already know he lost to Raiders, Titans and blew the beginning of the Chargers game (which probably would have been won by us if Tebow was in there sooner). There is no way in that scenario that we are one game back unless you really think we win with Orton yesterday. We probably have a 10-13 point loss with Orton.

Did I watch it yesterday? Yes and we sucked. Tebow sucked and he didnt help the defense get any breaks on the sidelines.

BTW, we need an update on any King Neckbeard Tweets. Should have been some good ones from Sunday or today.

DB-Freak
11-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Just.....No man.

No.

DB-Freak
11-01-2011, 01:06 AM
If we're gonna suck, we go with the young ones.

Playing Kyle Orton at this point is pointless.

extralife
11-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Request denied.

the best part about this picture is that the dudes that normally wear those jerseys are both on injured reserve.

Rolandftw
11-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Kellen Moore probably doesn't go in the 2nd round.

I agree that the division is there for the taking... but don't think going back to Orton would be a good idea. Especially since we dealt our best WR. If we get back in the divisional race, it's going to be with defense and Tebow getting better.

To be fair to the team, we've been in all games other then against Detroit and Green Bay. I feel confident Detroit and Green Bay are going to brutalize the AFC West this season.

As bad as this team is, there is no reason why they can't be in competitive games with Oakland and Kansas City.

Taco John
11-01-2011, 01:45 AM

Orton lost his job because of performance. It's not like Tebow won the job. Orton lost it because of how bad he was playing. Did he do something in the last two weeks to earn his job back?

Doggcow
11-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Why bother at this point? Tebow has 5 starts. Give the kid a chance, sink or swim, good QB crop this year. We will be fine.

TheReverend
11-01-2011, 06:02 AM

http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

Bob's your Information Minister
11-01-2011, 06:08 AM
In two weeks Jonathan Baldwin is going to ass rape your corners while Tamba Hali ass rapes your right tackle and our secondary ass rapes Tim Tebow.

So you can take your "in the mix" and make a mix tape out of it and stand outside Tebow's bedroom pounding it on your boom box and hope he comes to the window and pledges his love for you and see how far that gets you.

Gort
11-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Orton's primary receiver now plays in St. Louis. Orton does not have a strong enough arm to get the ball to him from here. without Brandon Lloyd, Orton will have no open receivers. he wants nothing more at this point than to hold a clipboard, collect his $9M, and not get injured as he looks ahead to free agency.

Gort
11-01-2011, 06:49 AM
In two weeks Jonathan Baldwin is going to ass rape your corners while Tamba Hali ass rapes your right tackle and our secondary ass rapes Tim Tebow.

So you can take your "in the mix" and make a mix tape out of it and stand outside Tebow's bedroom pounding it on your boom box and hope he comes to the window and pledges his love for you and see how far that gets you.

i'm guessing you spend alot of time thinking about ass rapes, huh?

TheChamp24
11-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Division within reach?
We are a freakin terrible team. We have turnstiles on the OL, average WR's, no healthy RB, a crappy DL and crappy corners aside from Champ.

jhns
11-01-2011, 08:05 AM
You can always count on hat to top all of the boards stupidity.

broncswin
11-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Leave Tebow in...Quit dressing Orton...see what he can do..../thread

oubronco
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Keep smokin the good stuff

Rabb
11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I guess the only way to get worse than 4-12 was to hire the only coach that was worse than us last year. So far, so good.

This is easily the worst team from top to bottom we have had in a while...and I am sick of seeing them one up that bad ass effort each year.

oubronco
11-01-2011, 08:31 AM
I guess the only way to get worse than 4-12 was to hire the only coach that was worse than us last year. So far, so good.

This is easily the worst team from top to bottom we have had in a while...and I am sick of seeing them one up that bad ass effort each year.

This team has needed a total rebuild for quite some time and it's not going to happen overnight

Rabb
11-01-2011, 08:33 AM
This team has needed a total rebuild for quite some time and it's not going to happen overnight

I totally agree, just seems like we destroy one part to rebuild the other. I like where our D is headed, so I guess I shouldn't be so negative.

oubronco
11-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I totally agree, just seems like we destroy one part to rebuild the other. I like where our D is headed, so I guess I shouldn't be so negative.

With a couple more qaulity drafts the D should be alot better the offensive line has some building blocks and should get better by gelling but a good QB is desperately needed along with a solid RB

Pick Six
11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Orton's primary receiver now plays in St. Louis.

Exactly. Orton's fate was sealed when Lloyd was traded. Barring a Tebow injury, Orton will never again start for the Broncos. Even if he gets his desire back, he'll most likely be a cap casualty...

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 08:34 AM

Oops

CEH
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Oops

More like Denver would have been a game back if Fox played Tebow at the goal line in TENN and now would be in first place

SonOfLe-loLang
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm glad Rev bumped this. We all need our Sunday morning lulz

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 08:49 AM
More like Denver would have been a game back if Fox played Tebow at the goal line in TENN and now would be in first place

I firmly believe we'd be 8-2 and the top seed with Tebow.

Let that sink in for a second... THE TOP SEED IN THE AFC.

-Would've absolutely beat Oakland at home.

-As you mentioned would've beaten Tenn.

-And were a breath away from pulling a miracle comeback vs SD as was (especially if they hadnt blown that DJ/Dielman call or ESPECIALLY if they'd called it properly the OTHER way)

HAT
11-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Oops

Oops what?

Fox still doesn't have the balls to make this team better by mixing in Orton here and there.

BRB you petulant ****....Off to bump your Washington is a playoff team posts.

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 08:51 AM

-And were a breath away from pulling a miracle comeback vs SD as was (especially if they hadnt blown that DJ/Dielman call or ESPECIALLY if they'd called it properly the OTHER way)

^ Compound that with an extra 3-4th round pick for if we had dealt Orton, along Tebow's development being further along for camp and games with the 1s, AND another 9 million dollars we could've spent on QUALITY building blocks like Cofield, Joseph, etc and Denver would be an even scarier team had we dealt Orton.

SIGNIFICANTLY SCARIER.

The Joker
11-20-2011, 08:52 AM

http://playstationeu.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/189675i7B0071BC4376A43D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

HAT
11-20-2011, 08:52 AM

Exactly.

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Oops what?

Fox still doesn't have the balls to make this team better by mixing in Orton here and there.

Good luck finding one?

And LOL at this thread, this post (as you refuse to acquiesce to reality) and just you in general.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 08:56 AM

I agree with us. There are a handful of games where we were going to lose badly and Tebow wasn't going to help us. Some teams are just further along than us and when they play well, we're going to be out of it. But most games in the NFL are close in the 4th qtr and it's just hard not to think that having Tebow in during those close Orton losses, that the outcome would have been the same.

I think we win game 1 vs the Raiders and the Tennessee game. We also might have won the San Diego game if Tebow had started the whole game.

It's important to acknowledge, however, that a big part of what's making this work is the evolution of our defense, which is allowing McCoy to call an ultra conservative game for 55 minutes before letting Tebow do his thing.

HAT
11-20-2011, 08:57 AM

This is the dumbest thing I've heard by anyone not named MacGuano, dragster, mile high homo or vine.

Tebow would be sitting on the bench right now had Fox started the season with him.

After 3 or 4 games of trying to run a "pro-style" offense (and seeing results like Miami & Detroit) Fox would not have just decided to play to Tebow's strengths....He would have benched him.

Gort
11-20-2011, 09:09 AM

you could have just saved yourself some typing by simply announcing to the board that you are an idiot.

CEH
11-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Fox was never going back to Orton. Quinn was the next man up. Orton is toast here in Denver. Guy makes $8MM to sit on the sidleines with his beanie and jacket on for 3 hours. Not a bad way to make a living.

Now if Tebow started day one and sputtered I think they bench him and Orton would have been the next man up without a offense change. Not how it turned out however.

theAPAOps5
11-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Go back to Orton. I had to make sure I read that right. What a horrid idea.

DarkHorse30
11-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Go back to Orton. I had to make sure I read that right. What a horrid idea.

Yeah, I'm not getting that one either. I wonder if HAT's obsession with the balls of Fox is similar to Bob's chronic ass rape condition?

Gcver2ver3
11-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Oops what?

you're a Broncos fan, right?...

typically i dont like getting in between pot shots between posters, but shouldnt you be GLAD you were epically wrong on this?...

whether Denver continues this pace or not, clearly Orton wouldnt have gotten us this 4-1 recent record...

just man up, say you were wrong, and hoist up your beer and enjoy us being in a playoff race...

theAPAOps5
11-20-2011, 09:39 AM
So how does the team going 0-5 in this stretch where Tebow is 4-1 get them CLOSER to the playoffs!

Logic, only works when you use it.....

theAPAOps5
11-20-2011, 09:41 AM

Oh Hi Slob you really aren't good at this football thing are you?

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 09:57 AM
This is the dumbest thing I've heard by anyone not named MacGuano, dragster, mile high homo or vine.

Tebow would be sitting on the bench right now had Fox started the season with him.

After 3 or 4 games of trying to run a "pro-style" offense (and seeing results like Miami & Detroit) Fox would not have just decided to play to Tebow's strengths....He would have benched him.

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

I'd offer you a shovel but you're doing great digging your grave with your bare hands.

Jay3
11-20-2011, 10:07 AM
It's amazing how much Orton and Tebow are truly mirror reverses of each other. Everything one is good at, the other struggles with.

I think Tebow needs to ingest Orton's bone marrow, and see if anything happens.

theAPAOps5
11-20-2011, 10:08 AM
It's amazing how much Orton and Tebow are truly mirror reverses of each other. Everything one is good at, the other struggles with.

I think Tebow needs to ingest Orton's bone marrow, and see if anything happens.

Especially winning

CEH
11-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Oops what?

You have an NFL coach in your corner. Bill Cowher just said this exact same thing on the pre game show. Not the balls part but Fox should put in a specific passing package for Orton to take the pressure off Orton

HAT
11-20-2011, 10:15 AM
you're a Broncos fan, right?...

typically i dont like getting in between pot shots between posters, but shouldnt you be GLAD you were epically wrong on this?...

Very glad to be wrong....I'm a huge Tebow fan. Not sure why anyone thinks different.

Still wish Fox would mix in dual QB's though.....I've said that since last summer and nothing's changed. Doesn't matter if it's Orton. Quinn or Weber for that matter.

rbackfactory80
11-20-2011, 10:25 AM
I can remember arguing with Hat a couple years ago when I said Orton was at best a backup QB. He has always been an Orton homer.

Hat was one of the guys saying Orton was a top 10 QB because he had decent statistics.

Gort
11-20-2011, 10:29 AM
You have an NFL coach in your corner. Bill Cowher just said this exact same thing on the pre game show. Not the balls part but Fox should put in a specific passing package for Orton to take the pressure off Orton

Cowher is the same dillhole who'd have a second home constructed in Worthlessburger's jock strap if he could get zoning approval for it. who cares what he says?

HAT
11-20-2011, 10:31 AM
He has always been an Orton homer.

Not sure why people have this misconception.....I've been calling for him to be traded since summer 2010.

He was a perfect stopgap and allowed this team to rid itself of Cutler. Awesome.

Bronx33
11-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Cowher is the same dillhole who'd have a second home constructed in Worthlessburger's jock strap if he could get zoning approval for it. who cares what he says?

So would his balls be end tables? ;D

HAT
11-20-2011, 10:33 AM

No ****...Cowher is a douche. I wish he'd go back to coaching so I don't have to see him on TV.

Jetmeck
11-20-2011, 10:36 AM

;D

CEH
11-20-2011, 10:36 AM

Didn't say I cared. I'm sure you would quote Cowher if he was supporting whatever opinion you were pushing. His analysis dove-tailed nicely into an active post from today.

Jetmeck
11-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Not sure why people have this misconception.....I've been calling for him to be traded since summer 2010.

He was a perfect stopgap and allowed this team to rid itself of Cutler. Awesome.

He was worthless before we got him and will always be an average at best qb. Trading him for Cutler was and still is very stupid.

go_broncos
11-20-2011, 10:39 AM
There are still posters that think we can win games with Orton.
Not Suprised..as some posters in mane still think Mcd is a good coach..

HAT
11-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Trading him for Cutler was and still is very stupid.

Good thing Denver didn't then, huh?

TonyR
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
It's important to acknowledge, however, that a big part of what's making this work is the evolution of our defense, which is allowing McCoy to call an ultra conservative game for 55 minutes before letting Tebow do his thing.

Yup. The Miami, Oakland, and NYJ games in particular were mostly about defense. We probably lose all 3 without those really strong defensive performances. For some reason this is getting lost in all the Tebow hoopla.

broncogary
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
No ****...Cowher is a douche. I wish he'd go back to coaching so I don't have to see him on TV.

You'd still see him drooling and slobbering on the sidelines. :wiggle:

HAT
11-20-2011, 10:43 AM
You'd still see him drooling and slobbering on the sidelines. :wiggle:

True. Wouldn't have to hear him though. :thumbs:

underrated29
11-20-2011, 10:43 AM
A dual QB team or an Orton package.

How Effing DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!

The Orton package is known as Interception, phantom fumble or phantom sack. ORTON HAS NEVER brought the broncos back from being down in the 4th quarter.

Besides Tebow is in his 8th game. Not his 8th year like Orton. Tebow needs that time to learn and grow his game. Not to put in another crappy QB. My butthole is puckering from such a stupid idea because it remembers all the rapings we took with Orton as our QB. Kyle should never see the field as a bronco ever again!

TonyR
11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
...who cares what he says?

So Bill Cowher's opinions on football, whether you agree with them or not, are less worthy of consideration than most posters on a Broncos forum? Seriously? Just fyi Bill Cowher has a career .623 winning percentage, 9 division titles, 2 AFC championships, and a Super Bowl victory on his resume. He knows at least a little bit about football. That doesn't mean he's right on this topic, it just means your "who cares what he says" attitude is a little silly.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
So Bill Cowher's opinions on football, whether you agree with them or not, are less worthy of consideration than most posters on a Broncos forum? Seriously? Just fyi Bill Cowher has a career .623 winning percentage, 9 division titles, 2 AFC championships, and a Super Bowl victory on his resume. He knows at least a little bit about football. That doesn't mean he's right on this topic, it just means your "who cares what he says" attitude is a little silly.

Why are you even here? Go follow another team, sillyman.

TonyR
11-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Why are you even here? Go follow another team, sillyman.

LOL I'm here because your opinions are better than Bill Cowher's...

Play2win
11-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Well there actually is a little known tebow effect...

Our defense is playing lights out because they are on the field much less, because our offense has gone full-in to a ball control, time of possession, run first (run only?) style of offense.

Our offense tries to stay on the field as long as possible, so our defense call go full-on ATTACK MODE when they get in.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 11:14 AM

Our defense is playing lights out because they are on the field much less, because our offense has gone full-in to a ball control, time of possession, run first (run only?) style of offense.

Our offense tries to stay on the field as long as possible, so our defense call go full-on ATTACK MODE when they get in.

This is exactly it. For years, you've heard coaches talk about the importance of keeping the defense off the field and not turning the ball over. This offense that we're seeing is, perhaps, the biggest example of this being emphasized ever.

This is something that Michael Irvin has been one of the first to catch on to. I give him credit for being one of the first talking heads to wrap his head around this.

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Yup. The Miami, Oakland, and NYJ games in particular were mostly about defense. We probably lose all 3 without those really strong defensive performances. For some reason this is getting lost in all the Tebow hoopla.

Wow that is one crazy coincidence and completely independent of each other!

(Not even slightly serious in case you don't realize)

TonyR
11-20-2011, 11:17 AM

Our defense is playing lights out because they are on the field much less...

Agree, although our O didn't do a great job of staying on the field against the NYJ. Lots of 3-and-outs in between our first and last drives, and lots of failed opportunities to score given great field position.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Agree, although our O didn't do a great job of staying on the field against the NYJ. Lots of 3-and-outs in between our first and last drives, and lots of failed opportunities to score given great field position.

You're so stupid. Stop cluttering threads with your crap.

What you're also not wrapping your head around is how the offense is emphasizing not turning the ball over. Against the Jets, it was a field position game. The offense has been playing close to the vest until they fall behind, and then, in the end, they let Tebow do his thing.

TonyR
11-20-2011, 11:24 AM

Stupid because what I said was 100% correct? I'm rationally stating facts, you're wildly attacking a perceived slight of Tim Tebow and the offense. Calm down, bro, this isn't worth getting so worked up about.

CEH
11-20-2011, 11:30 AM

What you're also not wrapping your head around is how the offense is emphasizing not turning the ball over. Against the Jets, it was a field position game. The offense has been playing close to the vest until they fall behind, and then, in the end, they let Tebow do his thing.

5 times they started in JETs territory . Once Colquitt punted to the Jet's one, defense forces a 3 and out , they get the ball on the Jet 49 and they go 3 and out without gaining a yard. At what point is it OK to actually not play for field position? Maybe the next punt we can pin them at the 1/2 yard line.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
5 times they started in JETs territory . Once Colquitt punted to the Jet's one, defense forces a 3 and out , they get the ball on the Jet 49 and they go 3 and out without gaining a yard. At what point is it OK to actually not play for field position? Maybe the next punt we can pin them at the 1/2 yard line.

As has been previously explained, we're heavily relying on our defense which is turning out to be very stalwart. What we're doing on offense is really low risk and we're putting our defense in positions to be successful by making them drive the better part of the field. As long as the game is close, the offense is playing it close to the vest until the end, at which point, they're letting Tebow be Tebow.

It's kind of a more intense example of the way Reeves used to play.

The genius is that, it's like we've already identified how much Tebow thrives in end of game scenarios of winnable games, and now they're doing everything they can to keep it close so they can rely on this aspect of Tebow. By playing it close to the vest and relying on the defense, we're able to make more games winnable.

Jay3
11-20-2011, 11:40 AM
One time they got to the 20 and the coaches went for it on 4th. Lousy call.

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 11:47 AM
One time they got to the 20 and the coaches went for it on 4th. Lousy call.

Didn't mind going for it. Did mind not just running a quick count QB sneak with their 245 lb behemoth QB to pick it up no problem.

CEH
11-20-2011, 11:50 AM
As has been previously explained, we're heavily relying on our defense which is turning out to be very stalwart. What we're doing on offense is really low risk and we're putting our defense in positions to be successful by making them drive the better part of the field. As long as the game is close, the offense is playing it close to the vest until the end, at which point, they're letting Tebow be Tebow.

It's kind of a more intense example of the way Reeves used to play.

The genius is that, it's like we've already identified how much Tebow thrives in end of game scenarios of winnable games, and now they're doing everything they can to keep it close so they can rely on this aspect of Tebow. By playing it close to the vest and relying on the defense, we're able to make more games winnable.

Isn't that the whole of point of field position football. Try to set up the offense on a short field. God forbid we ask the offense to actaully compliment the defense when the defense does it's part. Field goals would not be a bad thing. Requires the offense to move the ball for about 15 yards. I don't think that is asking too much from your offense.

Anyways won't convince me with your field position argument the offense did it's job.

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 11:58 AM

I noticed that you neglected to mention that the drive you mentioned had two drops highlighted in the WR thread.

Of the other 4:

1. Netted a field goal after a Jeremiah Johnson run was called on 3-6

2. Was 2 HB runs to setup a 3-11 where a bubble screen was called to Royal for a 2 yard gain.

3. Tebow setup a 2-3 when Jeremiah Johnson went 7 backwards to drop it back to 3-10.

4. Bad all the way around.

Jay3
11-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Didn't mind going for it. Did mind not just running a quick count QB sneak with their 245 lb behemoth QB to pick it up no problem.

That would have changed my opinion of the call.

rbackfactory80
11-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Stupid because what I said was 100% correct? I'm rationally stating facts, you're wildly attacking a perceived slight of Tim Tebow and the offense. Calm down, bro, this isn't worth getting so worked up about.

The only thing you rationalize is your stupid arguments to yourself.

If you didn't notice, Bill Cower is not an Omane member. That doesn't mean people who don't possess his qualifications automatically don't know what they are talking about.

Pseudofool
11-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Yup. The Miami, Oakland, and NYJ games in particular were mostly about defense. We probably lose all 3 without those really strong defensive performances. For some reason this is getting lost in all the Tebow hoopla.And the complete lack of offensive turnovers.

TonyR
11-20-2011, 12:41 PM
The only thing you rationalize is your stupid arguments to yourself.

What do you disagree with here? Here's what I said:

TonyR
11-20-2011, 12:45 PM
And the complete lack of offensive turnovers.

Important, yes. But do you disagree with my overall premise that our recent success has been more about our defense than our offense?

Look, I love Tim Tebow. But many posters seem to be going out of their way to be irrational and illogical about what's going on here. It's not a criticism of Tebow to suggest that the defense is currently carrying this team. It's just a statement of fact. The conservative, ball control style of offense is certainly a factor. But the offense didn't control the ball all that well agaist the Jets and the defense still held its own. I don't know why this is such a controversial thing to say.

Pseudofool
11-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Important, yes. But do you disagree with my overall premise that our recent success has been more about our defense than our offense?

Look, I love Tim Tebow. But many posters seem to be going out of their way to be irrational and illogical about what's going on here. It's not a criticism of Tebow to suggest that the defense is currently carrying this team. It's just a statement of fact. The conservative, ball control style of offense is certainly a factor. But the offense didn't control the ball all that well agaist the Jets and the defense still held its own. I don't know why this is such a controversial thing to say.I don't disagree per se, but I think the defensive success is inextricably related with ball-control offense (i.e. a plodding running game and nearly zero turnovers).

If Orton is still the QB (and playing like he was), I don't see how the defense plays as well as it has. For my part, I don't really need to assign credit for our recent success, because I think it's more complicated than pointing to a single unit or player.

rbackfactory80
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Look, I love Tim Tebow.

LOL Troll:spit:

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Look, I love Tim Tebow. But many posters seem to be going out of their way to be irrational and illogical about what's going on here. It's not a criticism of Tebow to suggest that the defense is currently carrying this team. It's just a statement of fact. The conservative, ball control style of offense is certainly a factor. But the offense didn't control the ball all that well agaist the Jets and the defense still held its own. I don't know why this is such a controversial thing to say.

What people have been telling you that the conservative offense ties in to having an improved defense but you're too stupid to comprehend this. The people who have been pointing this out to you are being called "irrational". It's not their fault that you're a nitwit.

Go play in traffic, jackass.

rbackfactory80
11-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Here is a bit of rational thinking-

When your football team wins 3 in a row you should be happy, not pissed.

TonyR
11-20-2011, 01:13 PM
What people have been telling you that the conservative offense ties in to having an improved defense but you're too stupid to comprehend this.

Sigh. I don't need people to tell me this, thanks. It's not like this is some new discovery. I'm well aware of this and also well aware that it has been a major factor for the Broncos the last several weeks. My point, which I've made several times and you either choose to ignore or aren't smart enough to comprehend, is that against the Jets the offense didn't do a great job controlling the ball. And the offense could have helped the defense even more by scoring on more of the multiple opportunities they were given. The offense got the job done on the last drive and won the game. But the defense kept the score within reach, and the defense stopped the Jets on their last drive just as they stopped them for most of the game. It's all right there for you to see, you just have to open your eyes. What I'm saying isn't controversial and doesn't contain some hidden agenda. I don't know why it makes you so angry.

TonyR
11-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Here is a bit of rational thinking-

When your football team wins 3 in a row you should be happy, not pissed.

Who's angry?!? I'm thrilled!

maher_tyler
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
As long as we keep winning i don't care how get the W's. At some point, they need to be more aggressive with their play calling. Why can't they let him loose all game like they did on that last drive??

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Sigh. I don't need people to tell me this, thanks. It's not like this is some new discovery. I'm well aware of this and also well aware that it has been a major factor for the Broncos the last several weeks. My point, which I've made several times and you either choose to ignore or aren't smart enough to comprehend, is that against the Jets the offense didn't do a great job controlling the ball. And the offense could have helped the defense even more by scoring on more of the multiple opportunities they were given. The offense got the job done on the last drive and won the game. But the defense kept the score within reach, and the defense stopped the Jets on their last drive just as they stopped them for most of the game. It's all right there for you to see, you just have to open your eyes. What I'm saying isn't controversial and doesn't contain some hidden agenda. I don't know why it makes you so angry.

You add nothing of value. Again, stop cluttering threads.

Dagmar
11-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Wow, I get it now, not in reference to the OP made quite some time ago btw, but if we won a Superbowl there would be a rush to see who could post he first "Yeah, we won the Superbowl, but..."

Dagmar
11-20-2011, 02:09 PM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

theAPAOps5
11-20-2011, 02:14 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

LOL

TonyR
11-20-2011, 04:59 PM

The response of someone who can't formulate a coherent rebuttal.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 05:03 PM
The response of someone who can't formulate a coherent rebuttal.

If you actually could make a point, you might be able to pull off this comment. But since you can't, you should really just go do something else...like follow another team.

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 05:05 PM
If you actually could make a point, you might be able to pull off this comment. But since you can't, you should really just go do something else...like follow another team.

Silly conclusion, don't you think?

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Silly conclusion, don't you think?

I dont care what it is specifically.

Jay3
11-20-2011, 05:42 PM
How about generally?

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 06:01 PM
How about generally?

He's not a general...he's more like a private.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2011, 12:10 AM
you could have just saved yourself some typing by simply announcing to the board that you are an idiot.

after this thread, he could have just put a period in the post and it would have worked the same way.