PDA

View Full Version : Fox will stick with Tebow for now

bronclvr
10-31-2011, 01:42 PM
John Fox wasn’t ready to announce Tim Tebow as his starting quarterback for Week Nine on Sunday night.

With a night to think about it, Fox decided Tebow will stay in the starting lineup. Fox made it clear Tebow needs to improve as a pocket passer to keep his starting job.

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports hears Tebow is on a short leash.

“A source familiar with the Broncos’ thinking said he expected Tebow to last another couple of games until – barring a dramatic improvement on the left-hander’s part – the team turns to current third-stringer Brady Quinn,”Silver wrote.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/fox-will-stick-with-tebow-for-now/related/

DrFate
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Sweet - a late season run with Brady!!

Que
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Totally cool with this

Inkana7
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I feel really bad for Champ Bailey.

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.pfufa.com/images/lombardi.jpg

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
That's good news.

Crushaholic
10-31-2011, 01:53 PM

^^This^^ He's stuck on a team that's trying to find its identity. He just wants to win a championship, before he hangs it up...

teknic
10-31-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't know why this was ever a question.

Was the plan not to let him sink or swim this season, give him starts to evaluate his development, and decide if we need to draft a QB in the 2012 draft?

broncocalijohn
10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Good. Ask Fox the same question after the next 2 games.

KO5K
10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Fox could at least show some kind of support to Tebow by committing to him beyond one freakin' game.

Br0nc0Buster
10-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Im fine with this

I would like to give Tebow 3-4 more games

If he still looks THIS bad after that I am fine throwing Quinn in there

Hell might as well get Weber in the mix, what do we have to lose

Br0nc0Buster
10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Fox could at least show some kind of support to Tebow by committing to him beyond one freakin' game.

I hope we give him multiple more games as well, but jesus there has to be some kind of accountability, you cannot simply play this poorly and expect to keep your job

Fox is just keeping it real

Mile High Mojoe
I agree 100%. It's still too early to hit the panic button on Tebow, he's only played 5 games, he didn't get to learn the offense in training camp and our OL played like bloody hell yesterday, Moreno was the starter at RB who's played like a BUM so I don't take much stock in this one blow out as some others have.

Having said thatTebow was awful, short throws, long throws and that weird throwing motion of his didn't help him at all. The OL couldn't pass protect. No running game at all. And the Defense was atrocious, no pass rush, couldn't cover, bad tackling. From top to bottom one of the worst games I've seen. That's saying a lot too considering where we came from with Orton. That said we'll only get better from here.

As bad as Tebow played I'm all in with Tebow the rest of the season. No way do we back up and put Orton in as starter. We sink or swim with Tebow until the end of the season to see if he can get better and if he doesn't I'm not opposed to making a change for next year if that's what it takes. The haters will come out in force today and say I told you so but it's just one game there's still 9 games to go. Tebow's played 5 games, he didn't play well nobody can deny it but he deserves at the very least to call this team his own until the last day of the season.

Maximus
Wringing my hands in anticipation.... Muahahahahaha! YES!

DrFate
10-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Based on the investment, Tebow should get the rest of the season. My 2 cents anyway

TheReverend

Popps
Yea, here's the thing... if we go to Brady Quinn with Orton still on the roster... think what you want about Kyle, but that's a pretty clear sign we're pinning our ears back and gunning for that #1 draft slot.

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 01:59 PM
back to back champs!

Crushaholic
10-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Im fine with this

I would like to give Tebow 3-4 more games

If he still looks THIS bad after that I am fine throwing Quinn in there

Hell might as well get Weber in the mix, what do we have to lose

I think that realists would see that we are going nowhere, this season. Let's give Tebow the rest of the season for experience. There is no good reason to switch to Brady Quinn. Tebow is the guy that people want to see be the "next big thing"...

ghwk
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Bailey must be trying to figure out how to get traded to the Packers.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Yea, here's the thing... if we go to Brady Quinn with Orton still on the roster... think what you want about Kyle, but that's a pretty clear sign we're pinning our ears back and gunning for that #1 draft slot.

No. It's a clear sign that we're evaluating every player on the roster in live game situations.

From Wilhite to Harris.

From Orton to Tebow (and Quinn if necessary).

From Moore to Carter.

From Knowshon to Ball.

Obviously all our WRs after trading Lloyd.

The sad thing is, our OL depth is non-existent so we can't even take a look at any other players there Ha!

Doggcow
10-31-2011, 02:02 PM

****ing seriously. Just let him play the season. He gets bowlen money. Then Bowlen might sign a DT.

Br0nc0Buster
10-31-2011, 02:03 PM
I think that realists would see that we are going nowhere, this season. Let's give Tebow the rest of the season for experience. There is no good reason to switch to Brady Quinn. Tebow is the guy that people want to see be the "next big thing"...

If Tebow shows any improvement I am fine with that

But if after 8 games he still looks this bad, I could care less how much experience he gets
That is kind of my point, I would not care if Tebow played or not

I mean why not play Weber at that point, he is young and maybe could earn himself a backup for next year?

unfortunately its not like Tim is just struggling a little, he looks like he is years away from being a quality starter

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Bailey must be trying to figure out how to get traded to the Packers.

No offense to my favorite player on the Broncos over the past decade, but I don't think he could start in Green Bay... :(

ghwk
10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
No offense to my favorite player on the Broncos over the past decade, but I don't think he could start in Green Bay... :(

Yeah but I wonder if he'd go in a back-up role to get a shot at the ring.

Crushaholic
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM

Champ has nothing left to prove. He could ride the bench, collect a championship ring and still go into Canton...

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Let's keep track of names here.. when Tebow gets booted off this team and ends up dominating somewhere else we will need to know who stood where..

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 02:08 PM

If some fans think Tebow is a fraud, Quinn is a bigger fraud. This should be Tebow's team from here on out. Tebow will have more trade value than Quinn or Orton at the end of the season. It's another great reason to leave him in there. If he wins half of the rest of the games he plays and the decision is to cut him loose I'd think he'd command more value.

ghwk
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Let's keep track of names here.. when Tebow gets booted off this team and ends up dominating somewhere else we will need to know who stood where..

Ok McBoober whatever floats your boat.

Lestat
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
project or not Tebow has to start showing some improvement in his ability to read the defense and have more pocket presence.
he missed wide open guys the past two games and i don't mean with overthrows.
he needs to be able to see the open man and get the ball to him.

i hope that he is the future so that we don't have to draft another QB in the first round and can focus on fixing the damn D and RB situations.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 02:12 PM

Make sure to take my name down you stupid ****ing idiot

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM

I think Tebow can do it, but I lold really hard at this. Repped.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM
project or not Tebow has to start showing some improvement in his ability to read the defense and have more pocket presence.

I think you are worried about the wrong guy..

Fox and McCoy have put out the most garbage offense imaginable.. they coach games like they weren't allowed to work with their team all week.

I find it funny that people are saying they need to bring in college coaches to coach Tebow because Fox can't do it..

I guarantee you any college coach could run the crap vanilla offense Fox is running. Who couldn't?

Just like any QB could put up hollow numbers and throw the ball out of bounds like Orton did and get praised for it.. even Tebow if he WANTED to..

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM

Good.. I will add you to the thread I make.. anyone else?

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 02:18 PM

I agree with you, but the Broncos have been bleeding to death for to long. If he can't improve enough over the next 9 games we need to consider every option available. We have problems every where, RB, CB, DL and at WR though some would disagree. Depth at every position is worst. Tebow has to produce now, it's not fair but we don't have the team or the time to make him a project. If he doesn't produce he'll have to be somebody else's project.

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 02:21 PM

http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/~rahsan/cornholio/awakebun.wav

Lestat
10-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Fox & McCoy are doing fine considering the lack of talent and being in their first year. McCoy does have some WTF moments on O but every coordinator does.

Tebow is the man with the target on his back. many people want him to succeed, even more want him and expect him to fail.

this is the NFL and you win from the pocket(oh God i sound like Merrill Hoge)
Tebow's recognition of the open man or when to dump the ball down to a RB is horrible right now.
he has to show progression as a whole or it's going to get uglier for him.
Tebow is trying to play like he did at Florida and the NFL guys are too big to run over and he doesn't have the most talented team in the conference to overcome any issues(perceived or otherwise).

this is all on Tebow and him stepping it up, no one makes excuses for Thomas when he looks lost out there on routes or like he's half assing it.
Tebow's work ethic is great, but progression, improvement and development is what we as fans and the team need to see out of him.
I think you are worried about the wrong guy..

Fox and McCoy have put out the most garbage offense imaginable.. they coach games like they weren't allowed to work with their team all week.

I find it funny that people are saying they need to bring in college coaches to coach Tebow because Fox can't do it..

I guarantee you any college coach could run the crap vanilla offense Fox is running. Who couldn't?

Just like any QB could put up hollow numbers and throw the ball out of bounds like Orton did and get praised for it.. even Tebow if he WANTED to..

edog24
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
John Fox wasn’t ready to announce Tim Tebow as his starting quarterback for Week Nine on Sunday night.

With a night to think about it, Fox decided Tebow will stay in the starting lineup. Fox made it clear Tebow needs to improve as a pocket passer to keep his starting job.

“A source familiar with the Broncos’ thinking said he expected Tebow to last another couple of games until – barring a dramatic improvement on the left-hander’s part – the team turns to current third-stringer Brady Quinn,”Silver wrote.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/fox-will-stick-with-tebow-for-now/related/

I agree with the decision, but what a stupid way to put it forth in the media. How do you expect your (let's call him a rookie for now?) qb to have any confidence if your leash is one game.

Regardless of if it's a lie or not, Tebow needs to be given the message that this is his team, and he is the starter, period.

Then if he keeps sucking, pull him, this wishy washy garbage out of the HC is weak.

DenverBroncosJM
10-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I am shocked that anyone thinks its even a decent idea to put in Brady Q.

You moved on to Tebow if he ****s the bed the rest of the season oh well. Putting in Brady does absolutely nothing. Everyone knows what Brady Q can do we are not learning anything new. Putting in Brady is 100% isnt close to to Carter/Moore etc. those guys are damn rookies or 2nd year players for the most part. Now if you said Tebow Adam Weber okay that makes sense to me but Brady really?

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I agree with you, but the Broncos have been bleeding to death for to long. If he can't improve enough over the next 9 games we need to consider every option available. We have problems every where, RB, CB, DL and at WR though some would disagree. Depth at every position is worst. Tebow has to produce now, it's not fair but we don't have the team or the time to make him a project. If he doesn't produce he'll have to be somebody else's project.

I think the Broncos refusing to rebuild for so long has put them in this position. They need to do a real rebuild.. which would be the perfect time for Tebow to develop with the team - while they are reconstructing and move out vets who want to win now.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM

Would this classify as a witch hunt?

fontaine
10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Tebow is going to struggle this year, just like any other young QB we bring in the offseason (if we do).

No amount of hand wringing, monthly bleeding, and whining is going to change that.

Get over it already.

Lestat
the Broncos are already in a rebuild. the question is who do they attach as the face of the franchise going forward.

is it Tebow with full backing from the FO or is it a draftee like Jones,Barkley,RGIII or etc?

MacGruder
this is the NFL and you win from the pocket(oh God i sound like Merrill Hoge)

If that is the case then why has Tebow dominated when he spreads it out?

There are ways they could do this and it wouldn't be that hard.. run the spread option more and bring in more wildcat running backs..

The Dolphins ran the wildcat constantly and had some success.. imagine doing that with Tebow? Imagine if Tebow had a decent runner playing with him.. he would make them look even better..

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Would this classify as a witch hunt?

it's a witch hunt of witch hunters..

The only kind of witch hunt that actually makes sense..

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I think the Broncos refusing to rebuild for so long has put them in this position. They need to do a real rebuild.. which would be the perfect time for Tebow to develop with the team - while they are reconstructing and move out vets who want to win now.

I don't disagree with this either but after what we've seen from Fox and McCoy do think that's what they have in mind?

Lestat
dominated what exactly? he plays better on the run or outside the pocket yes.
but he has to learn to work the pocket to his advantage, if it breaks down then take off and make a play.

Michael Vick is a electrifying playmaker but even has has been forced to improve his reads and play inside the pocket to become a better QB.

i wouldn't mind some bootlegs for Tebow to allow him to get out of the pocket and spread the defense out a bit more.
but he has to be able to step up into the pocket and recognize where the ball needs to go.
right now he's looking at one maybe two WR's and then bails out to run and often times runs right into the pressure and get's sacked when if he made that third or 4th progression read he'd see a WR open for the ball to get to.

also, teams that have ran the wildcat did so with a stable of RB's(Miami & Dallas). Philly did it some with Vick in his first year, but he wasn't their franchise QB then.

Tebow is a solidly built guy but if he has to take hits in the pocket,carry the ball 15 times a game and get sacked 3-4 times because of holding the ball too long. he won't survive long.

There are ways they could do this and it wouldn't be that hard.. run the spread option more and bring in more wildcat running backs..

The Dolphins ran the wildcat constantly and had some success.. imagine doing that with Tebow? Imagine if Tebow had a decent runner playing with him.. he would make them look even better..

maven

It's a message board. Nobody gives a damn. I'm skeptical of Tebow and think he sucks. The end.

Dagmar
10-31-2011, 02:36 PM

The biggest problem with this whole situation right here from this board to the media - ego's desperate to be "right". You are no better than Hoge or Tailgatenut. I want him to be successful because I want to enjoy watching the Broncos again, something we've barely done since MNF San Diego in '09. Lets assess him honestly for the rest of the season, we're not playoff bound after all.

Again, you are no better than Hoge or TGN with this post.

theAPAOps5
10-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Wringing my hands in anticipation.... Muahahahahaha! YES!

And I am picking up Oakland defense in one of my Fantasy Football leagues!

2KBack
10-31-2011, 02:39 PM

So you're gonna come back from his new team forum to make this thread I suppose?

Brewer
10-31-2011, 02:43 PM

Well, Tebow is one specific person who can't run Fox's "crap vanilla offense." Shall I add more names to the list?

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree 100%. It's still too early to hit the panic button on Tebow, he's only played 5 games, he didn't get to learn the offense in training camp and our OL played like bloody hell yesterday, Moreno was the starter at RB who's played like a BUM so I don't take much stock in this one blow out as some others have.

Having said thatTebow was awful, short throws, long throws and that weird throwing motion of his didn't help him at all. The OL couldn't pass protect. No running game at all. And the Defense was atrocious, no pass rush, couldn't cover, bad tackling. From top to bottom one of the worst games I've seen. That's saying a lot too considering where we came from with Orton. That said we'll only get better from here.

As bad as Tebow played I'm all in with Tebow the rest of the season. No way do we back up and put Orton in as starter. We sink or swim with Tebow until the end of the season to see if he can get better and if he doesn't I'm not opposed to making a change for next year if that's what it takes. The haters will come out in force today and say I told you so but it's just one game there's still 9 games to go. Tebow's played 5 games, he didn't play well nobody can deny it but he deserves at the very least to call this team his own until the last day of the season.

So, now you agree with Silver? A little while ago, you were saying you wouldn't believe anything he said about Tebow because he's a homosexual Jew?

Mountain Bronco
10-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Play him, nothing left to lose at this point. He either improves a lot or doesn't. Pretty simple and really could it get much worse? I don't think he will improve enough to be brought back, but I hope he does, because I think we win just enough games to get shut out of Luck and I am not convinced there is another franchise QB in the draft.

Black96WS6
10-31-2011, 02:48 PM

The problem is teams will adjust, they'll gameplan and stack the line, bring up the safeties, and FORCE Tebow to beat them with his arm if the wildcat\run game is your main offense.

At some point, Tebow HAS to consistently hit the open man or it's just going to get worse and worse...okay maybe not worse, the last game was terrible. But just as bad against quality opponents.

DontBeMessin
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM

:thumbsup:

Yea!!!!!

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Well, Tebow is one specific person who can't run Fox's "crap vanilla offense." Shall I add more names to the list?

I said he could run it like Orton IF he didn't care about losing and was just trying to keep his starting job...

People just want a QB that LOOKS like a normal NFL QB.. no matter what that means... whether it's right or wrong..

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
The problem is teams will adjust, they'll gameplan and stack the line, bring up the safeties, and FORCE Tebow to beat them with his arm if the wildcat\run game is your main offense.

At some point, Tebow HAS to consistently hit the open man or it's just going to get worse and worse...okay maybe not worse, the last game was terrible. But just as bad against quality opponents.

We are just talking about the present though.. Tebow can transition to a conventional QB in time.

And I don't think other teams would adapt.. because they don't have Tebow..

Also.. if the team didn't suck so bad Tebow would be an issue. I have no doubt if Tebow was in Cam's offense he couldn't be more successful. He would put up as many numbers as cam... but he would have more wins and fewer turnovers.

Cam has the ideal personnel Tebow has the worst personnel.

ghwk
10-31-2011, 02:57 PM

So you're gonna come back from his new team forum to make this thread I suppose?

You know if Tebow fails and going to another team means Boober goes with him and leaves the Mane; I am not seeing the downside to this.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:57 PM
The biggest problem with this whole situation right here from this board to the media - ego's desperate to be "right". You are no better than Hoge or Tailgatenut. I want him to be successful because I want to enjoy watching the Broncos again, something we've barely done since MNF San Diego in '09. Lets assess him honestly for the rest of the season, we're not playoff bound after all.

Again, you are no better than Hoge or TGN with this post.

You are DEAD wrong.. because unlike Hoge I WATCHED Tebow game after game before I made any determinations.. You really think these jackwagons have watched Tebow? They are like the knee jerkers here..

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't disagree with this either but after what we've seen from Fox and McCoy do think that's what they have in mind?

I agree it seems they want to win now.. but it also seems they follow whatever way the wind blows.. so if the fans and media make it known there is a good shot they'd figure it out.

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM

You suck. Put me down.

ghwk
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
You are DEAD wrong.. because unlike Hoge I WATCHED Tebow game after game before I made any determinations.. You really think these jackwagons have watched Tebow? They are like the knee jerkers here..

Actually yes, I do think they have watched Tebow, with a lot more intelligence and insight than you I might add.

I still hope Tebow proves Hoge wrong. However I expect Hoge to jump up on his desk and pull a mock Tebowner any minute now.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
I say let Tebow play out the string.

There are never enough excuses to drink.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM

You're special.

DarkHorse
10-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Weber>Quinn

Quinn won't be here next year, lets see what Weber has - if anything.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Actually yes, I do think they have watched Tebow, with a lot more intelligence and insight than you I might add.

I still hope Tebow proves Hoge wrong. However I expect Hoge to jump up on his desk and pull a mock Tebowner any minute now.

Hoge believes you can only play the QB position one way.. many people greater than Hoge believe in Tebow.. I bet they watched more of Tebow than Hoge too..

yerner
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM

I got to disagree. They don't have plans to keep Orton regardless. Brady Quinn is a former 1st round pick that has the most natural Qb talent on the roster. He is mobile and can throw the ball like a professional. I imagine they want to give the guy a fair shot at showing what he can do. All Quinn jokes aside, and I agree he doesn't look good, it could be argued that he has never gotten a fair shot in the NFL.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
I say let Tebow play out the string.

There are never enough excuses to drink.

What are the excuses going to be when Tebow wins championships somewhere else and the Broncos don't with a conventional QB?

TheDave
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM

Holy ****... I'm making a list!

Put me down :thumbsup:

Brewer
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
I said he could run it like Orton IF he didn't care about losing and was just trying to keep his starting job...

People just want a QB that LOOKS like a normal NFL QB.. no matter what that means... whether it's right or wrong..

Broncos fans want a QB who can throw a spiral consistantly, and who doesn't spin around like the Tasmanian Devil instead of reading through his progressions. I want Tebow to be a great QB. I want whoever is wearing a Broncos uniform to excel. Tebow does not excel; he does not throw a spiral; he can't read defenses; and sadly, McGruder, he can't have sex with you until you're married. ;D

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
What are the excuses going to be when Tebow wins championships somewhere else and the Broncos don't with a conventional QB?

Add me to your list, dumb ****.

enjolras
10-31-2011, 03:19 PM

Unless Tebow lands on the 85 bears... it's not happening.

Rigs11
10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Tebow's most talked about intangible, that he isnpires the team, was nowhere to be seen yesterday.dude needs to learn how throw or he is going to fail. that's true of any qb.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Unless Tebow lands on the 85 bears... it's not happening.

There's one excuse...

Brewer
10-31-2011, 03:22 PM
You are DEAD wrong.

You're projecting...

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Broncos fans want a QB who can throw a spiral consistany, and who doesnt spin around like the Tasmanian Devil instead of reading through his progressions. I want Tebow to be a great QB. I want whoever is wearing a Broncos uniform to excel. Tebow does not excel; he does not throw a spiral; he can't read defenses; and sadly, McGruder, he can't have sex with you until you're married. ;D

Why don't you try giving him a training cam a receiver a running back and a coach.. then see if he can do it.

Just look at what Fox did with his QBs in Carolina... Tebow is a much bigger challenge for a coach because the NFL is so lame..

Look how bad Fox made Orton look compared to McD.. no one even talks about this..

Yoda
10-31-2011, 03:24 PM
That's good news.

No......that's GREAT NEWS!!!!

MacGruder
You're projecting...

I'm reflecting.

Rohirrim
Tebow is a much bigger challenge for a coach because the NFL is so lame..

/thread

go_broncos
10-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Tebow didn't play well..But, Fox has to give more chances to him.
It will look foolish if Fox starts Quinn.No wonder, he won less games than Mcd.

Atwater His Ass
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
There's nothing else to do but stick with the guy. The only way to silence the fans, is to see if Tebow can perform over the rest of the season, for better or worse.

The problem as I see it is that if Tebow fails, we are more or less back to square 1 on offense, with a huge and expensive hole to fill at the QB position as well as just about every other postion needing to be upgraded as well. It's a monumental task.

Brewer
10-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Why don't you try giving him a training cam a receiver a running back and a coach.. then see if he can do it.

Just look at what Fox did with his QBs in Carolina... Tebow is a much bigger challenge for a coach because the NFL is so lame..

Look how bad Fox made Orton look compared to McD.. no one even talks about this..

I didn't realize that Tebow is the only QB that was unfairly denied a training camp this year. Orton looked just like Orton with both coaches. He averaged fewer sacks than Tebow. You know Tebow- the mobile QB who is a winner with intangibles that dominates when the offense is spread...

peacepipe
10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Let's keep track of names here.. when Tebow gets booted off this team and ends up dominating somewhere else we will need to know who stood where..LOL if tebow doesn't show some real improvement,he'll be lucky to make it on a CFL team.

theAPAOps5
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM

Clearly it is an unexpected Tebow Effect......

Oh and put me on your list of people who are smarter than you.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
They're gonna suck regardless.

Leave him out there.

At least a few more fans will show up.

Rigs11
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
I didn't realize that Tebow is the only QB that was unfairly denied a training camp this year. Orton looked just like Orton with both coaches. He averaged fewer sacks than Tebow. You know Tebow- the mobile QB who is a winner with intangibles that dominates when the offense is spread...

what? pocket sloth was sacked less than the almighty tebow? Blasphemy!;D

Brewer
10-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Clearly it is an unexpected Tebow Effect......

Oh and put me on your list of people who are smarter than you.

You're not smarter than McGoober. He watched Tebow "game after game before he made any determinations." :welcome:

theAPAOps5
10-31-2011, 03:49 PM
You're not smarter than McGoober. He watched Tebow "game after game before he made any determinations." :welcome:

Clearly he is projectile...... Er I mean projecting. It's an unanticipated Tebow Effect.

HAT
10-31-2011, 03:58 PM

Put me down for....

Mildly interested in Cutler but knew he was a Loser the way he handled the coaching change, good riddance.

Orton can be a good stop gap under McD. 8-8? Orton should improve in year 2 under McD.

We traded for Quinn & drafted Tebow? OK, I'm down with that. Orton can still be a good stop gap while McD develops Teebz. McD can then trade Orton pre-draft and let Tebow & Quinn battle it out in camp for 2011.

McD got fired? No draft day trades? Lockout? We wrongly hired Fox?
Sigh. Gotta start the season with Orton under those circumstances. Tebow is still the QBOTF, the future just isn't now. Besides, if Denver is 2-3 or 1-4 at the bye...They can make the switch then and we'll see what Tebow's got.

Holy crap Tebow blew against the Fins but the last 5 minutes was exciting. Maybe he was just nervous because of all the Florida hype. Granted, there was no off season but still....he had a week and a half running with the 1's

WTF did I just witness? That was the worst display of QB impersonation that I've ever seen. How did he just sh*t the bed like that at home to the Lions? Should I blame the O-line, the defense, McCoy, Fox & the WR's?
No, no, no....My eyes just saw what they saw. The kid isn't going to be what I hoped.

I hope he bounces back strong to bend over Oakland & KC though. Maybe he can show enough improvement to snow job somebody into trading for him next off-season. If not, I'd still like him as Denver's 2nd or 3rd QB for goal line situations and emergency QB.

Clear enough?

Play2win
10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Great, by the end of the season, all 3 of our QBs will have shat the bed-- each in their own, unique way!

HAT
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM

That you're in a deep sleep becuase you're dreaming.....Check your panties when you wake up, you may have creamed them.

Steve Prefontaine
10-31-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm just hoping they give Tebow a few more games to see if he progresses at all. The season is lost, so figured out he can cut it. Then I'm fine if they want to throw in Weber or Quinn later this year for a look.

It's all about evaluating the roster at this point and figuring out who you want coming back next year.

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 04:29 PM
So, now you agree with Silver? A little while ago, you were saying you wouldn't believe anything he said about Tebow because he's a homosexual Jew?

You're too busy attacking me to know what I do or don't think about the Broncos or Tebow. I've said from the very beginning that Tebow should have been the opening day starter. He should have had every opportunity to prove he's worthy of returning next year. If the next 9 games go like the last one yes, we have to weigh our options at the end of the season.

You and most of the others haters on the board didn't even want him to get a start and some thought he should have been traded at the start of the season which is even more insane. More still have advocated rolling over after Orton was taken out of the Chargers game so we can be in a position to get Luck. After 5 games the Broncos should purposely lose every game so we can get a higher draft choice? And I’m the stupid idiot who doesn’t know what I’m talking about? Really?

As for Silver he has a build in bias for Tebow and the Broncos no matter how he plays. He's from the Bay area so he'll probably be at the Raiders game this week looking to slice and dice him up some more should he play poorly again. He's about the least objective reporter you could find to share an honest opinion about either. Tebow does have a target on his back not just from bay area reporters and most of the national sports media but from people calling themselves (like you) real Broncos Fans. That's the thing that really makes me sick and angry is our own Fans praying for his demise so maybe we might have a better player next year. Brilliant just brilliant.

elsid13
10-31-2011, 04:35 PM

The Wildcat worked when DC were surprised by the formation and motion, now it gone because defense know what to do. The spread option doesn't work in the NFL because unlike college there is no lack of talent on the defense side of the ball and to easy to defend.

vonqkilla
10-31-2011, 04:36 PM
I cant wait for Sunday, and then the offseason. Its gonna be an explosion of the roster!

What if Luck told Elway ” dont trade for me unless you get a new Hc”.

What does Elway do?

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2011, 04:40 PM
I cant wait for Sunday, and then the offseason. Its gonna be an explosion of the roster!

What does Elway do?

Comes out of retirement.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 04:41 PM
You're too busy attacking me to know what I do or don't think about the Broncos or Tebow. I've said from the very beginning that Tebow should have been the opening day starter. He should have had every opportunity to prove he's worthy of returning next year. If the next 9 games go like the last one yes, we have to weigh our options at the end of the season.

You and most of the others haters on the board didn't even want him to get a start and some thought he should have been traded at the start of the season which is even more insane. More still have advocated rolling over after Orton was taken out of the Chargers game so we can be in a position to get Luck. After 5 games the Broncos should purposely lose every game so we can get a higher draft choice? And I’m the stupid idiot who doesn’t know what I’m talking about? Really?

As for Silver he has a build in bias for Tebow and the Broncos no matter how he plays. He's from the Bay area so he'll probably be at the Raiders game this week looking to slice and dice him up some more should he play poorly again. He's about the least objective reporter you could find to share an honest opinion about either. Tebow does have a target on his back not just from bay area reporters and most of the national sports media but from people calling themselves (like you) real Broncos Fans. That's the thing that really makes me sick and angry is our own Fans praying for his demise so maybe we might have a better player next year. Brilliant just brilliant.

I thought Tommy Maddox sucked too. Sue me.

I just wish you Tebownites would grow a pair and quit your whining.

elsid13
10-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Clearly he is projectile...... Er I mean projecting. It's an unanticipated Tebow Effect.

Face it you just want to be hunted by witches and ride broomstick.

elsid13
10-31-2011, 04:49 PM

What does Elway do?

Know what funny, I believe that this offense concept that Fox/McCoy are attempting to run is something that Luck would be very comfortable with. It based upon power run game, using strong PA and core of pass catching TEs (Thomas/Green) that can run done the middle of the field on mismatches.

That what he running at Stanford and is close to what SF is running now.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Know what funny, I believe that this offense concept that Fox/McCoy are attempting to run is something that Luck would be very comfortable with. It based upon power run game, using strong PA and core of pass catching TEs (Thomas/Green) that can run done the middle of the field on mismatches.

I just wish Elway had hired Jim Harbaugh.

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
I thought Tommy Maddox sucked too. Sue me.

I just wish you Tebownites would grow a pair and quit your whining.

Maddox is a difference ball of wax completely. Reeves was attempting to shame the greatest QB of all time. Instead of drafting a WR #1 or one of the other position players the Broncos needed at the time Reeves was trying to put the squeeze on Elway after another bad ending to a season. Reeves did more to hold Elway back from being even greater still with an even more conservative O than Fox's.

Orton was barely worthy of being a back up QB on a bad team before the Broncos traded away a more talented QB. So comparing Tebow to Maddox is apples and oranges.

elsid13
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM

Me too, but I think it hard to get a guy when other company is offering him a similar hiring package and he doesn't have to move his family.

SoCalBronco
10-31-2011, 04:55 PM

He declined an interview and his salary demands weren't anything we could pay. Fox accepted just 2m per year, however.

DenverBound
10-31-2011, 05:02 PM

You can't be serious... #2 DB in the league can't start? I agree with most things you post here but Rev, your on drugs with this statement.

TailgateNut
10-31-2011, 05:10 PM
If some fans think Tebow is a fraud, Quinn is a bigger fraud. This should be Tebow's team from here on out. Tebow will have more trade value than Quinn or Orton at the end of the season. It's another great reason to leave him in there. If he wins half of the rest of the games he plays and the decision is to cut him loose I'd think he'd command more value.

Tebow + Trade Value =:spit:

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Tebow + Trade Value =:spit:

I know your hate has blinded you but don't you want to get anything for him should he be traded?

TailgateNut
10-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Tebow's most talked about intangible, that he isnpires the team, was nowhere to be seen yesterday.dude needs to learn how throw or he is going to fail. that's true of any qb.

He didn't inspire the team nor did he inspire the fans or the coaches. The only reason he still has a job is cause they've pissed Orton off to the point where starting him would be fruitless. If I were Orton I'd tell them to go **** themselves. In Fact I'm ready to tell them to go **** themselves, myself. I don't feel like watching this clueless **** lead our Broncos into the ****ter while Tebowing.

****ing clown.

TailgateNut
10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
I know your hate has blinded you but don't you want to get anything for him should he be traded?

No, just run him the **** out of town. I want nothing in return. Club him like a baby seal.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-31-2011, 05:48 PM

Harbaugh was not coming to Denver by any means.

He's from the Bay Area, he wouldn't have had to move far at all...and the Niners roster actually has some talent on defense.

Bronx33
10-31-2011, 05:56 PM

He's from the Bay Area, he wouldn't have had to move far at all...and the Niners roster actually has some talent on defense.

You're saying harbaugh would turned down a boatload of money?

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 05:59 PM
He declined an interview and his salary demands weren't anything we could pay. Fox accepted just 2m per year, however.

There must be a story there. I saw a few Stanford games where Elway and Harbaugh were talking on the sidelines before and after games, looking very friendly. The only thing I can think is that Bowlen gave Elway a money limit and he knew Harbaugh was out of Bowlen's league.

Tim
10-31-2011, 06:17 PM
I like fox's decision

BroncoBen
10-31-2011, 06:28 PM

True that.. I also think his kids are school age and he didnt want to up root them. If it was about the money the Dolphins offered him the keys to the kingdom. Heck' they even had a head coach still named head coach.

Blueflame
10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Comes out of retirement.

Seriously, someone on ESPN just said that today... the Broncos' best QB is John Elway (that he'd play better next Sunday than the 3 QBs on the roster).

theAPAOps5
10-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Great, by the end of the season, all 3 of our QBs will have shat the bed-- each in their own, unique way!

Well it could be 4. Lazer Rocket Arm Weber :wiggle:

TailgateNut
10-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Well it could be 4. Lazer Rocket Arm Weber :wiggle:

Considering Tebow is as great as Spleen-less Simms, anyone will do. Weber can't be worse.

KO5K
10-31-2011, 07:01 PM
No, just run him the **** out of town. I want nothing in return. Club him like a baby seal.

I heard you were a 'superfan'.

I can see why.

barryr
10-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Go back to Orton? What for? What will happen with him at QB?

Coaching does make a difference. Alex Smith of the 49ers looked pretty clueless his first 5 years or so in the NFL, but now is finally looking like an NFL QB with Harbaugh as coach.

This is why if the Broncos plan to keep McCoy and/or keep this generic offense, then not only is Tebow not going to perform well, neither is any QB they draft either.

Fox with Carolina, ran the ball and ran more, and best pass play was throw the ball deep for Steve Smith, who came away with many such passes.

The Broncos only receiver doing anything is Decker and he isn't that type of receiver IMO. It would be great if Royal could be that type of receiver, but I have given up hope he will do anything other than run a 2 yard pass pattern on 3rd and 3.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 07:48 PM
You can't be serious... #2 DB in the league can't start? I agree with most things you post here but Rev, your on drugs with this statement.

...How so?

Woodson is playing much better than him and quite frankly, Tramon is better than Woodson.

edog24
10-31-2011, 08:26 PM

As far as I can tell, that gameplan is:

1st down: run into the pile
2nd down: run Tebow into the pile
3rd down: Throw sideline go route on 3rd and 15.

maven
10-31-2011, 08:39 PM

You do know when the Dolphins ran the wildcat the QB was either off the field or lined up at WR. And the Dolphins today rarely run that formation. Doesn't say much about it's success does it.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Outside of Miami or Jax who would take him only for the marketing $$, he has no value. We gave up basically 2 2nds, or what we got for BMarsh for someone who has basically no value 2 years after being drafted. Why to go hurricane McD

The trade value would make a good poll question.

At best, you pull of a "future considerations" deal that maybe escalates to a 5th/6th based on playing time.

maven
10-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Outside of Miami or Jax who would take him only for the marketing $$, he has no value.

Jax has already invested in a QB and Miami wants nothing to do with Tebow. Next.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Jax has already invested in a QB and Miami wants nothing to do with Tebow. Next.

They wouldn't do it for the football ability, it is just for the merchandising. Owners like cash flow

vonqkilla
10-31-2011, 08:49 PM

True. Maybe there is hope he pulls an Elway to play for Elway.

maven
10-31-2011, 08:49 PM
They wouldn't do it for the football ability, it is just for the merchandising. Owners like cash flow

We've seen Tebow in the NFL now. If he continues to suck his popularity will continue to take a hit and sales will fall. Tebow isn't the brand new car on the lot now. He's been moved to the used section.

TailgateNut
10-31-2011, 08:51 PM
We've seen Tebow in the NFL now. If he continues to suck his popularity will continue to take a hit and sales will fall. Tebow isn't the brand new car on the lot now. He's been moved to the used section.

The lemon dept. of the used car lot.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 08:52 PM

I agree with you about his ability. But watch, even after 2 weeks of not NFL caliber play, the frenzy will continue. I am not saying I like it; it is what it is. And for his trade value, I hope it continues.

Otherwise, if you are correct, I hope he takes one for the team, reworks his contract and gives TE a try.

broncolife
10-31-2011, 08:53 PM
He didn't inspire the team nor did he inspire the fans or the coaches. The only reason he still has a job is cause they've pissed Orton off to the point where starting him would be fruitless. If I were Orton I'd tell them to go **** themselves. In Fact I'm ready to tell them to go **** themselves, myself. I don't feel like watching this clueless **** lead our Broncos into the ****ter while Tebowing.

****ing clown.

lol getting paid 9 million and he should tell his bosses to f themselves.........

maven
10-31-2011, 08:59 PM
I agree with you about his ability. But watch, even after 2 weeks of not NFL caliber play, the frenzy will continue. I am not saying I like it; it is what it is. And for his trade value, I hope it continues.

Otherwise, if you are correct, I hope he takes one for the team, reworks his contract and gives TE a try.

If Tebow is the QB and continues to suck the rest of the season, his trade value has tanked. His marketing ability has tanked. If he shows no improvement he's just about done. Companies do not invest millions into bad sports players.

maven
10-31-2011, 09:00 PM
lol getting paid 9 million and he should tell his bosses to f themselves.........

I agree. Orton is doing just fine riding the bench and collecting checks.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 09:09 PM
If Tebow is the QB and continues to suck the rest of the season, his trade value has tanked. His marketing ability has tanked. If he shows no improvement he's just about done. Companies do not invest millions into bad sports players.

I dont know man.... His marketing potential will always be strong, especially in place where he loved regardless of how much he sucks, like Jax or Miami. Look how much love he is still getting on this board, albeit from morons. Hell, he had mega endorsements for a glorified 3rd stringer.

The contract wont matter too much. Denver has soaked up most of what it will end up being over the entire term. The other BIG escalators wont ever kick in so the financial penalty isnt too large for someone to take on.

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2011, 09:10 PM
True. Maybe there is hope he pulls an Elway to play for Elway.

Only chance we have honestly

Taco John
10-31-2011, 09:25 PM
I can't decide who I find more annyoing... The "Tebow is going to win a Championship, you all are fools for not believing" folks, or the "We're going to get Andrew Luck, watch and see" folks.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 09:27 PM
I can't decide who I find more annyoing... The "Tebow is going to win a Championship, you all are fools for not believing" folks, or the "We're going to get Andrew Luck, watch and see" folks.

Well there is at least a chance for 1 of those. And it would be a helluva lot higher if Miami could recover a ****ing onside kick!

maher_tyler
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM

He had to know what he was getting into. I would t be against trading him to a contender while he still has good value.

jhns
11-01-2011, 06:17 AM

****ing clown.

One good thing about losing: you get to see who the fair weather fans are.

alkemical
11-01-2011, 06:19 AM

Start a poll!

;)

j/k -

Signed by that guy that saw this coming. :)

MplsBronco
11-01-2011, 07:33 AM

Wow, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with this coaching staff. This makes absolutely zero sense. Tebow should be the guy for the rest of the season. Period. They need to get behind him and show him some support. They are obviously hanging him out to dry and it shows on the field.

Has anyone heard from Fox say that they need to block better, run better, catch better, tackle better, cover better and most of all coach better? I haven't but I don't live locally so don't get to see the sound bites. It sounds like they are pinning all the blame on a guy with 5 starts in the league. It's disgusting, actually.

broncs2bowl
11-01-2011, 07:40 AM
I still think Brady Quinn is good

bronco militia
11-01-2011, 07:44 AM

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/187314_100002200732210_3193644_n.jpg

DontBeMessin
11-01-2011, 07:45 AM

:welcome:

Don't forget me!!!

Rabb
11-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Honestly, I would rather they give Weber some time if Tebow doesn't get the chance (I think he deserves the rest of the season)...I think we know what Quinn brings.

Gort
11-01-2011, 07:54 AM

****ing clown.

you forgot to start with "Thuffering Thucotath!"

http://www.minik.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/yosemite-sam.jpg

bronco militia
11-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I want to be first on da list!

alkemical
11-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I want to be first on da list!

Another list?

Put me on it! I can't support a QB who slices penii in the offseason. I can't support male genital mutilation.

gyldenlove
11-01-2011, 11:43 AM

I can't believe I missed out on this.

Someone should have alerted me to the epic stupid going on in this thread so I could get up in this bitch.

gyldenlove
11-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Are we still talking football?

bendog
11-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Are we still talking football?

he's got to be a stud in the sack ... not that i want to have personal experience with him.

McDman
11-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I want on that list, you douche bag.

Gort
11-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I want on that list, you douche bag.

i'm pretty sure MacGruder has lots of lists and i'm guessing you're on at least one of them. :)

http://oi51.tinypic.com/11j0sxh.jpg

Dagmar
11-01-2011, 12:30 PM
MacGruder is making a list and checking it twice?

http://www.clownlink.com/images/blogimages//2011/06/evil-santa.jpg

Steve Sewell
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
And I am picking up Oakland defense in one of my Fantasy Football leagues!

I have Oak defense on my bench just for this game. I feel dirty because of it too.

Steve Sewell
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jMo_HcRBnUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

McDman
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Found a great portrayal of Mac.

Would anyone be surprised if this actually happened?

http://29.media.tumblr.com/kDHdUCV8lp4gtbp6rUReMX9ao1_500.jpg

McDman
11-01-2011, 12:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jMo_HcRBnUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Son of a bitch, you beat me to it!

HorseHead
11-01-2011, 12:36 PM
^^^^^

awesome use of Buscemi and "Billy Madison"...I needed that..

broncocalijohn
11-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Sounds like MacGruder is ready for a witch hunt with his list. What the hell, put me on it. Make sure you spell my name correctly or BCJ will do.

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Found a great portrayal of Mac.

Would anyone be surprised if this actually happened?

http://29.media.tumblr.com/kDHdUCV8lp4gtbp6rUReMX9ao1_500.jpg

You're projecting again....

ChrisToker
11-04-2011, 01:56 PM

Please follow him to what ever CFL team he ends up playing for fans site.

CFL would be perfect place to spread the gospel in godless Canada.

p.s. put me on the Al Davis rotting corps > Timmy Tebow list. Write it down, take a picture, I don't give a phuck.