PDA

View Full Version : Opponent: Tebow experiment is ‘embarrassing’

Pages : [1] 2

Gutless Drunk
10-31-2011, 08:52 AM
"“Can you believe ’15’?” one Detroit Lions defender asked after his team’s 45-10 immolation of Tebow and the Denver Broncos. “Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

It would be one thing if this particular defender could be written off as an outlier, but during the time I spent in the Lions’ locker room after the game – and, later, on the phone with various coaches, front-office executives and players around the league – similarly harsh assessments were uttered about the second-year quarterback making his second start of the 2011 season.

Words like atrocious, terrible, completely exposed and not even close to ready kept coming up in these conversations; a couple of Lions even used the term oh my god..............
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtD_oWwPIeVxhRzivm08qGY5nYcB?slug=ms-silver_morning_rush_tebow_struggles_103111

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Ugh

TonyR
10-31-2011, 08:56 AM
And people seriously wonder why they didn't start him at the beginning of the season. I think it's time for us all to stop hoping and dreaming. Terribly frustrating but it is what it is. The sooner we accept it the sooner we can get through the stages of grief.

oubronco
10-31-2011, 08:56 AM
Total Embarass

Gort
10-31-2011, 08:57 AM
"“Can you believe ’15’?” one Detroit Lions defender asked after his team’s 45-10 immolation of Tebow and the Denver Broncos. “Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

It would be one thing if this particular defender could be written off as an outlier, but during the time I spent in the Lions’ locker room after the game – and, later, on the phone with various coaches, front-office executives and players around the league – similarly harsh assessments were uttered about the second-year quarterback making his second start of the 2011 season.

Words like atrocious, terrible, completely exposed and not even close to ready kept coming up in these conversations; a couple of Lions even used the term oh my god..............
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtD_oWwPIeVxhRzivm08qGY5nYcB?slug=ms-silver_morning_rush_tebow_struggles_103111

way to stay classy Detroit.

how many starting QBs in Detroit in the past 20 years could have started anywhere else?

Detroit is the city where 1st round QB's careers went to die. for many years.

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Well only his die-hard defenders who are borderline insane would defend that performance. It was absolutely atrocious. They are choosing instead to re-direct the blame to the coaches or the protection. I lol'd at the ripping on the offensive line. Tebow has sacked himself ten times in two games. Orton playing behind the same line, who makes Drew Bledsoe look like a ninja, wasn't even sacked this much.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 08:58 AM
"I like the national attention we're getting. FINALLY, the Broncos have some national cache!" -Every Tebow supporter last week

"I don't like that everyone's talking badly about Tim." -Every Tebow supporter this week

Spider
10-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Well only his die-hard defenders who are borderline insane would defend that performance. It was absolutely atrocious. They are choosing instead to re-direct the blame to the coaches or the protection. I lol'd at the ripping on the offensive line. Tebow has sacked himself ten times in two games. Orton playing behind the same line, who makes Drew Bledsoe look like a ninja, wasn't even sacked this much.

I have it on good authority ( jhns) screens would have saved the game for us

TheDave
10-31-2011, 09:03 AM
So how good is this Landry Jones kid?

bronco militia
unfortunatley, this probably has to continue for a few more weeks. Elway needs to make sure the Tebow thing is dead before the franchise can ever think about moving forward.

sorry tim :(

TonyR
...Orton...

Speaking of Orton, I actually think we'd be better off starting Orton and bringing in Tebow in short yardage and red zone situations. Pointless since Orton sucks and isn't the future, but then Tebow also sucks and isn't the future either. Sigh.

Spider
10-31-2011, 09:04 AM

LOL i keep thinking back to what you said about tebow in Practice , and how the tebownites attacked you over it ......

go_broncos
10-31-2011, 09:05 AM

It is..If Tebow continues to play like this, he will a backup next year.
I just hope for broncos sake..he plays well this season.
just don't want to take a QB in first round.

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 09:06 AM

If I can't have Luck he is the kid I want, I know he comes from a spread offense with pre-snap reads but his legwork and throwing mechanics are solid.

Rascal
10-31-2011, 09:06 AM
unfortunatley, this probably has to continue for a few more weeks. Elway needs to make sure the Tebow thing is dead before the franchise can ever think about moving forward.

sorry tim :(

If we go winless, I'm afraid that our attempt to suck for luck will be futile. Miami and Indy aren't going to win any games.

Tebow obviously isn't the answer.

Rascal
10-31-2011, 09:08 AM
If I can't have Luck he is the kid I want, I know he comes from a spread offense with pre-snap reads but his legwork and throwing mechanics are solid.

Landry can't throw deep to save his life. He is an accurate @ short-medium distance throws.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 09:09 AM

Statue, from a video game offense. My buddy is an OU alum, and when I asked if Landry Jones would make a good pro QB, he said without hesitation, "No. I wouldn't want him quarterbacking my pro football team."

I'd rather have Barkley or Foles or III.

CEH

Elway was just on and basically said Tebow did not improve and his primary job to to convert 3rd downs. Can't say it was a ringing endorsement going forward

Requiem

Not very good.

yerner
I was more depressed and drunk and angry then I had been in a long time yesterday. All this losing the last few years is finally getting to me.

oubronco
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Landry can't throw deep to save his life. He is an accurate @ short-medium distance throws.

You might want to watch an OU game to reevaluate that statement

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
If we go winless, I'm afraid that our attempt to suck for luck will be futile. Miami and Indy aren't going to win any games.

Tebow obviously isn't the answer.

and neither is Brian Xanders. Hopefully he and most of his players are gone next year

edog24
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Elway was just on and basically said Tebow did not improve and his primary job to to convert 3rd downs. Can't say it was a ringing endorsement going forward

Well when it's constantly 3rd and fifteen what do you expect? The playcalling on first and second were shat for the majority of the game.

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Pass on Jones. I see a guy with a slow release, a great line, and nfl players surrounding him. He cant be the #2 prospect this year

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Well when it's constantly 3rd and fifteen what do you expect? The playcalling on first and second were shat for the majority of the game.

Sigh.

Spider

well I remember the Reeves era , you think Play calling sucks now ..... and despite that handicap , Elway still got it done ...

SonOfLe-loLang
Speaking of Orton, I actually think we'd be better off starting Orton and bringing in Tebow in short yardage and red zone situations. Pointless since Orton sucks and isn't the future, but then Tebow also sucks and isn't the future either. Sigh.

This is what SHOULD have happened the first few weeks of the season. Actually, had it happened, Orton would still be the starter. We lost 2 games (Oakland, Tenn) due to crap goal line play.

Obviously, the Broncos would be a better football team today with Orton quarterbacking. I think we all see that. But, my main question is, whats the point of playing Orton? 1) He's not gonna be around next year. 2) We aren't good enough to remotely sniff the playoffs 3) he's boring as ****.

I think you HAVE to let Tim play more games and see if he improves. We invested a first rounder in him and we're out of the playoff hunt anyway. I dont see the point in watching Orton play.

Yoda
10-31-2011, 09:14 AM

"Daaaaayumm" That is pretty harsh....the"bored...." quote has to be the most alarming. Personally, I hope Tebow starts this week....well honestly...it won't matter. Raiders will win. But has a USC alumn....I have this gut feeling that Barkley will be in a Donkey uni.
Only way Tebow stays in the leauge is by changing positions...ie RB or TE

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:14 AM

What is your scouting report on jones?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2011, 09:16 AM

He seems pretty good to me. I also like Barkley, though he doesnt have the strongest arm. Watching Luck causes immediate boner, but we arent getting him

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2011, 09:16 AM
"Daaaaayumm" That is pretty harsh....the"bored...." quote has to be the most alarming. Personally, I hope Tebow starts this week....well honestly...it won't matter. Raiders will win. But has a USC alumn....I have this gut feeling that Barkley will be in a Donkey uni.
Only way Tebow stays in the leauge is by changing positions...ie RB or TE

I think Tebow has a future as a short yardage goal line QUARTERBACK, but its gonna take a couch who isn't afraid to buck football trends to utilize him in such a way. He's unstoppable at the goalline

CEH
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM

18 consective 3 and out over two games is all about play calling? OK

Pick Six
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM

He has more 400 + yard games than any Oklahoma quarterback in history. He threw for over 500 yards against my beloved K-State Wildcats, this past weekend...ugh...

With that being said, I would love to have Landry Jones on the Broncos...:thumbs:

BroncoBen
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
I think Tebow has a future as a short yardage goal line QUARTERBACK, but its gonna take a couch who isn't afraid to buck football trends to utilize him in such a way. He's unstoppable at the goalline

I'm not too sure about that...

oubronco
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
What is your scouting report on jones?

He's very accurate, has a strong arm, quick release, gets a little rattled when pressured, throws a nice deep ball, hits his recievers in stride, awesome short to mediate QB, Playing in the spread hurts because it really doesn't prepare you for the NFL so I don't know if he'll be any good in the NFL or not

deltbucs
10-31-2011, 09:23 AM
What should be the most embarrassing was all the fans chatting "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow" when Orton was playing way better than Tebow is capable of. The rest of the league was and still is laughing at you.

Yoda
10-31-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm not too sure about that...

Well, if Tebow is the "humble" competitor that he believes he is. His best shot would at RB or TE. He definently has running skills and is strong at the point of attack. He could be a monster TE. If he does make the change, it won't be in Denver.

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
He's very accurate, has a strong arm, quick release, gets a little rattled when pressured, throws a nice deep ball, hits his recievers in stride, awesome short to mediate QB, Playing in the spread hurts because it really doesn't prepare you for the NFL so I don't know if he'll be any good in the NFL or not

I appreciate your insight as an OU fan. I've watched a couple of games when they are on TV just to see Jones and I'm not impressed. He's real tall and has a strong enough arm. I see a slow release and a pass-every-down system that makes his numbers look good.

I'm not sure why Jones is considered a top 10 pick and Mallet was drafted in the 3rd, they look really similar to me. (expect Mallet looked a little more athletic to me and Jones has better players around him)

Yoda
10-31-2011, 09:25 AM

I rate the QB's as...

1. Luck
2. Barkley
3.Jones

bendog
10-31-2011, 09:27 AM
LOL i keep thinking back to what you said about tebow in Practice , and how the tebownites attacked you over it ......

Elway wouldn't know a qb if he saw one. (-: Seriously, even the actual football guys like Gruden who thought Tebow could play in the NFL (as opposed to taking head wannabe celebrities like Bayless) said he had a longer develpment period that others. I haven't finished the whole game, but from what I saw he was maybe a little better than the beginning of the Miami game.

But there's no way we get Luck now, and there's nobody else out there I'd take in the first ... and maybe evne the second.

errand
10-31-2011, 09:28 AM
The orton started the first 5 games definitely would not be on our team next year.... but if orton played like he did the past 2 years he would of got re-signed.... I'm not a big fan of switching quarterbacks all the time though. Not sure if Tebow can do it anymore but might as well let him finish the year.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 09:28 AM
I appreciate your insight as an OU fan. I've watched a couple of games when they are on TV just to see Jones and I'm not impressed. He's real tall and has a strong enough arm. I see a slow release and a pass-every-down system that makes his numbers look good.

I'm not sure why Jones is considered a top 10 pick and Mallet was drafted in the 3rd, they look really similar to me. (expect Mallet looked a little more athletic to me and Jones has better players around him)

Drugs

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 09:29 AM
I rate the QB's as...

1. Luck
2. Barkley
3.Jones

Barkley is not ready for the NFL, his footwork is so bad and he throws such an ugly spiral.

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Drugs

And stupid - you can't fix stupid.

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Drugs

That's certainly fair ;)

I'd be really disappointed if this franchise spent a top 10 pick on Jones, from what I've seen of him.

And stupid - you can't fix stupid.

I'm not sure the Patriots draft stupid

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
That's certainly fair ;)

I'd be really disappointed if this franchise spent a top 10 pick on Jones, from what I've seen of him.

Exactly this.

Play2win
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Statue, from a video game offense. My buddy is an OU alum, and when I asked if Landry Jones would make a good pro QB, he said without hesitation, "No. I wouldn't want him quarterbacking my pro football team."

I'd rather have Barkley or Foles or III.

How do you think Kellen Moore would be?

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm ok with a round 1 or round 2 QB. I'd rather spend the top 10 pick on a playmaker on defense and try to get another Andy Daulton than reach on a guy like Jones simply because he's 'the second best QB on the board'.

How do you think Kellen Moore would be?

Personally I like a pick like this in the 2nd or 3rd, because he had great success in college (much like Daulton, who I was high on). I've heard chatter about his arm strength (fair or not)

oubronco
10-31-2011, 09:35 AM
That's certainly fair ;)

Like I said playing in a spread offense hurts because you can't really evaluate if they can play in a pro style but he can make all the throws

Gutless Drunk
10-31-2011, 09:38 AM

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Like I said playing in a spread offense hurts because you can't really evaluate if they can play in a pro style but he can make all the throws

Broncos take him at #6 (hypothetical)

Your reaction is?

:militia:

???

:gus:

Inkana7
10-31-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm ok with a round 1 or round 2 QB. I'd rather spend the top 10 pick on a playmaker on defense and try to get another Andy Daulton than reach on a guy like Jones simply because he's 'the second best QB on the board'.

Personally I like a pick like this in the 2nd or 3rd, because he had great success in college (much like Daulton, who I was high on). I've heard chatter about his arm strength (fair or not)

I'm no scout but every time I watch Moore throw it just looks like the ball creeps out of his hand. He throws a pretty spiral and has great accuracy though. I'm just not sold on his arm strength. He looks really thin too.

After Luck, the guy who looks the best to me is Barkley. And maybe Foles after that. Landry Jones looks like another spread option, short passing game guy who can't get it done in the NFL.

oubronco
10-31-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't know honestly but being an OU homer i'll probably be happy

Play2win
10-31-2011, 09:42 AM

To me, he seems like he's had a Drew Brees like college career. Just a thrower, that racks up a lot of yards. It did really take Drew a few year to get good, though.

Would really like to have a guy like Christian Ponder, that guy has been impressive. Stepped into a messy situation, and all in all, never skipped a beat.

lod01

how many starting QBs in Detroit in the past 20 years could have started anywhere else?

They never had one that sucked this bad.

Requiem
Denver will have a shot at 5-7 guys who would be able to throw better than Tim Tim's 50%.

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Denver will have a shot at 5-7 guys who would be able to throw better than Tim Tim's 50%.

I think this is true - but I'm not sure I want them to throw their top 10 (top 5?) pick at a guy unless they are sure he's THE guy. You can't draft Gabbert simply because he's the '2nd best QB on the board'. Draft an impact D player and look at round 2 QBs.

oubronco
10-31-2011, 09:48 AM
I think this is true - but I'm not sure I want them to throw their top 10 (top 5?) pick at a guy unless they are sure he's THE guy. You can't draft Gabbert simply because he's the '2nd best QB on the board'. Draft an impact D player and look at round 2 QBs.

I have a fealing Elways going to sell the farm to get Luck

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 09:48 AM

Exactly. And people forget that you kind find good QB's and not have to pick first overall. Big Ben was taken third of all QB's at 11. We keep playing like we have and I'm pretty certain we'll be picking 5-6 or so.

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
I have a feeling Elways going to sell the farm to get Luck

I know this is 'conventional wisdom' but I don't know why Miami or Indy will make that trade even for 'the farm'

And is that the best move for the team as a whole?

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
I have a fealing Elways going to sell the farm to get Luck

I'm pretty confident this is the case.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I know this is 'conventional wisdom' but I don't know why Miami or Indy will make that trade even for 'the farm'

Indy - Peyton Manning

Miami - Depends on new staff and Luck himself (though I have no idea why a young single guy wouldn't want to go to that city)

DrFate
I'm pretty confident this is the case.

Unless Luck pulls 'an Elway' or 'an Eli', what motivation does Miami have to trade him at all? Or Indy?

Suppose Elway says 'the sky is the limit'... Can't Indy/Mia say 'no thanks'? What offer is 'too good to refuse'?

Indy - Peyton Manning

This idea I buy

Miami - Depends on new staff and Luck himself (though I have no idea why a young single guy wouldn't want to go to that city)

Do chicks like that whole neckbeard thing? :D

oubronco

Not in my eyes but Luck sure does look like a can't miss QB and who wouldn't take a crap load of picks/players when you suck as bad as Miami or Indy

LetsGoBroncos
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
This whole thing is total bull****. Yes he has played bad...very bad. But at what point did the expectations of a guy who has played 5 games and had 2 coaching staffs in that 5 game period get so high? It's dumb that just because he is Tebow he is supposed to be good right away. Any other rookie who gets drafted and is making his first few starts is given a full season or more before people start to doubt him and tear him apart.

Dumb

BroncoInferno
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
This is what SHOULD have happened the first few weeks of the season. Actually, had it happened, Orton would still be the starter. We lost 2 games (Oakland, Tenn) due to crap goal line play.

Obviously, the Broncos would be a better football team today with Orton quarterbacking. I think we all see that. But, my main question is, whats the point of playing Orton? 1) He's not gonna be around next year. 2) We aren't good enough to remotely sniff the playoffs 3) he's boring as ****.

I think you HAVE to let Tim play more games and see if he improves. We invested a first rounder in him and we're out of the playoff hunt anyway. I dont see the point in watching Orton play.

Orton is positively electric in comparison to what I saw yesterday.

bendog
10-31-2011, 09:55 AM
This whole thing is total bull****. Yes he has played bad...very bad. But at what point did the expectations of a guy who has played 5 games and had 2 coaching staffs in that 5 game period get so high? It's dumb that just because he is Tebow he is supposed to be good right away. Any other rookie who gets drafted and is making his first few starts is given a full season or more before people start to doubt him and tear him apart.

Dumb

I've always doubted him. But I hope they let him finish the season as the starter. Worst case now is 2-14, and he cost us a real shot at luck in Mia.

DrFate
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
This whole thing is total bull****. Yes he has played bad...very bad. But at what point did the expectations of a guy who has played 5 games and had 2 coaching staffs in that 5 game period get so high?

The reason I post in a thread like this is because the draft isn't tomorrow. Tebow (likely) will have the rest of the season to change this 'draft a QB' mentality. So I can get people's takes on guys like Jones without saying 'we have to draft a QB - oh noes!!!!'

It's up to him.

Dedhed
10-31-2011, 09:58 AM
That's retarded. At this point you have to ride Tebow to his ultimate death, erasing any doubt that he can improve to the point of being a competent starter. And no, as bad as it was, this game didn't prove that.

It would be beyond stupid to give Orton the job back on so many levels that it's nearly impossible to list them here, but at the top of the list is the fact that he wasn't any better.

DrFate
10-31-2011, 10:02 AM
And Orton is somebody else's problem next year...

bowtown
10-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Unless Luck pulls 'an Elway' or 'an Eli', what motivation does Miami have to trade him at all? Or Indy?

Suppose Elway says 'the sky is the limit'... Can't Indy/Mia say 'no thanks'? What offer is 'too good to refuse'?

This idea I buy

Do chicks like that whole neckbeard thing? :D

Anyone can be had for the right price, just depends on what that price is. I think 3 1sts would buy him, especially if we are in the top 5 this year.

TonyR
10-31-2011, 10:08 AM
That's retarded.

That's why I used the word "pointless". See that?

DrFate
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Anyone can be had for the right price, just depends on what that price is. I think 3 1sts would buy him, especially if we are in the top 5 this year.

That's kinda my point - Miami needs a QB as much as Denver does. If they think Luck is the love child of Manning and Elway, what reason do they have to trade him for any price?

ShutDownPoster
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
They never had one that sucked this bad.

.....paging Andre Ware....

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 10:10 AM

Dumb

No, let's call it what it is. He's been in the league a year and a half and never won the starting job from an average passer with the athleticism and fragility of my grandma when two different coaching staffs were begging him to take it from him. He has, hands down, played worse than any rookie I have ever watched - and that's with a year and change of practice and reps to learn the system. This isn't the usual "he's just learning" bad. This is play that is setting the position back to 1905 when the forward pass was implemented.

The whole idea that "he's only started five games" is garbage. He hasn't practiced well enough to start - ever. And he only got the job because Orton played his way out of the position rather than Tebow earning it outright. And Quinn is too worthless to push him.

This team has no one at QB. Nobody.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 10:12 AM
No, let's call it what it is. He's been in the league a year and a half and never won the starting job from an average passer with the athleticism and fragility of my grandma when two different coaching staffs were begging him to take it from him. He has, hands down, played worse than any rookie I have ever watched - and that's with a year and change of practice and reps to learn the system. This isn't the usual "he's just learning" bad. This is play that is setting the position back to 1905 when the forward pass was implemented.

The whole idea that "he's only started five games" is garbage. He hasn't practiced well enough to start - ever. And he only got the job because Orton played his way out of the position rather than Tebow earning it outright. And Quinn is too worthless to push him.

Spot on.

TonyR
10-31-2011, 10:16 AM
To those who haven't already done so, you should click the link in the OP and read the whole article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_morning_rush_tebow_struggles_103111

DontBeMessin
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM

Can I laugh now??!?!?! I told you all that you are not coaches and if he's sitting (Turbow) then there is a reason for it. Elway, your greatest QB ever said he wasn't ready and obviously you thought different... ALL OF YOU!!! And now look what your stuck with!!

:thumbsup:

Oh, the irony!!!

See you in two weeks!!!!

Dedhed

This team has no one at QB. Nobody.I think this is largely overreaction. I think a large part of the reason that it's looked so terrible is that Tebow is not a QB that you can just plug and play. The team isn't very good, and you add in adjusting to a very unique type of QB, and it looks awful.

I still don't think that means his upside potential can't be realized, but it takes a team that is on the same page. They clearly are not right now.

bendog
Spot on.

Agreed, but remember this from training camp?

For all the talk about Tebow’s need to improve his mechanics, Broncos sources say his lack of familiarity with running a pro-style offense is an even more egregious issue. As one executive says, “Forget about how he delivers the ball, or how accurate it is. First he has to know where to go with it.”

Tebow’s bosses still believe his work ethic and character may allow him to overcome these deficiencies and develop into a starting-caliber quarterback down the road. In the meantime, they are handing the keys of Fox’s ball-control offense to Orton, a move that seems to have been well-received in the locker room.

“Now we can pick up where we left off,” says Lloyd, who led the NFL with 1,448 receiving yards in 2010. “The offense can get real detailed and creative with the calls, because Kyle is so cerebral. I’m not gonna lie: When I heard about [the possible trade], I was happy for Kyle, that he’d get out of this situation where he was being doubted and unwanted and go where someone wants him. I thought, ‘Good for him.’ But when it didn’t happen, it was a sigh of relief.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311

I've never seen a qb look so bad and not get the hook. Below link says Tebow only gets a few more games to show significant progress. I really hope they just give him the entire season to either prove he can't play in the NFL or show that he can at least be Flacco or even Sanchez

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_morning_rush_tebow_struggles_103111

Pick Six
10-31-2011, 10:19 AM

It better not be the best move for the team. We have a lot more problems than just the quarterback. The _efense couldn't stop anybody. Special teams couldn't get good field position, and I still think the offensive line is...well...rather offensive. If this team pulls a Ditka and trades the farm for a player, it will be a long time before the Broncos are contenders...

jhns
10-31-2011, 10:20 AM

You haven't watched much football if you say Tebow is the worst. There have been many worse performances this season.

Drama queen fail.

bendog
10-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I think this is largely overreaction. I think a large part of the reason that it's looked so terrible is that Tebow is not a QB that you can just plug and play. The team isn't very good, and you add in adjusting to a very unique type of QB, and it looks awful.

I still don't think that means his upside potential can't be realized, but it takes a team that is on the same page. They clearly are not right now.

Matt Moore outplayed the kid on an EVEN worse team and only lost cause of his idiot coach. Tebow may not be awful someday, but he sucks for luck right now. Take off the orange glasses.

TonyR
10-31-2011, 10:23 AM
I think this is largely overreaction.

Of course you do. You went to great lengths to bash everybody who dared question Tebow over the last couple of months. Now those of us who were cautious look pretty smart, particularly in comparison to you and jhns.

jhns
10-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Of course you do. You went to great lengths to bash everybody who dared question Tebow over the last couple of months. Now those of us who were cautious look pretty smart, particularly in comparison to you and jhns.

LOL

Yeah you don't. You can't even remember my position troll.

McFans are full of fail. You loved McDaniels and now can't give any respect to a guy like Tebow. How sad.

TonyR
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM
You can't even remember my position...

I remember it, and I notice that you've now conveniently changed it.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 10:30 AM

Heavy compensation.

jhns
10-31-2011, 10:31 AM

Link to what you are saying then. I see threads on the front page that will show what an idiot you are.

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 10:34 AM

sad but true..... :(

jhns
10-31-2011, 10:35 AM

Top thread on the front page.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3346327&postcount=431

My wairlt and see posts = me saying Tebow is the greatest ever. You arguing with everything positive that is said = you havinv a wait and see approach.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Haroldthebarrel
10-31-2011, 10:37 AM
What do the team gain with Orton playing now?
In the long run will the team be better by Orton playing now?

And while we are it, wasn't it the whole plan with McDaniels in the first place that Tebow needed years to become a player?
Why is it even surprising that he struggles now with basically no prior experience playing behind center, with a new system, without a preseason. Tebow sucks but the only good thing by not playing him is what? Not even giving him the chance to succeed or fail..

Further, trading up for Luck will never make Tebow moap. He uses it as motivation.

Dedhed
10-31-2011, 10:39 AM
That's not at all the case. I went to great lengths to bash anyone who supported Orton. That case was proven.

My take on Tebow has always been that we need to find out who he is. That's what we're doing. I don't think that case has been settled either way.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 10:41 AM
What do the team gaining with Orton playing now?
In the long run will the team be better by Orton playing now?

Don't think anyone is advocating this.

bendog
10-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Tebow's still the starter ... depending possibly upon billboards to the contrary.

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of who was a McJo****e and who not? Jhns just has his personal vendettas that appear to be more about his imagination and somehow validation. I realize some former McDaniels fans seem to have a lot riding on Tebow, and I realize some Tebow supporters are more enamoured with politically conservative issues than football ... not that kid isn't a fine human being, he is.

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't think anyone is advocating this.

I think I saw one poster on this thread. I'd rather hope Tebow gets better than see that clown play QB for the Broncos again

bendog
10-31-2011, 10:45 AM
I think it's unamious that we'd rather see Weber than Orton at this pt.

colonelbeef
10-31-2011, 10:45 AM
And people seriously wonder why they didn't start him at the beginning of the season. I think it's time for us all to stop hoping and dreaming. Terribly frustrating but it is what it is. The sooner we accept it the sooner we can get through the stages of grief.

Meh.

Start him to see what he's got. A season in the NFL will take away all doubt as to his potential.

At the end of the year, you know if you have your QB to build with, or you sucked so hard that the pick will be there to grab a Luck or somebody else more able to play the NFL game.

Smiling Assassin27
10-31-2011, 10:46 AM
look, this season is to find out if tebow can do this or not. thus far, it's 'not'. so be it. let the guy play and if qb is a spot that we need to fill at season's end, then let's go into the draft and find one or even in Free Agency.

tebow looks lost out there and i'm sure he'd be the first to tell you it's not the line, it's not the coach, it's not the playcalling. it's him either not knowing the playbook well enough or his inability to physically carry out a gameplan at this level. he deserves a chance, he's getting a chance, and he either sinks or swims. it seems pretty obvious what the result will be and that's fine, as long as the guy got a shot. the broncos will go on with or without tebow and I think our guys know whether he's the best guy for our long term plan or not, so kick back and watch the train wreck.

ScottXray
sad but true..... :(

Somewhat have to agree. Tebow really puts it all out there and tries, but he (probably) just doesn't have what it takes to be a nfl Qb. fullback or TE? OC could help him out more, but at the end of the season if he hasn't improved a lot then he should not be our QB. I think he can play in the NFL at some position though, and would hate to see him thrown away just cause he is not a QB.

But we really don't have any option but to give him at least 4 or so more starts to see if there is anything there, and it won't really change the outcome of the games to sit him now.

The whole team ( including staff) is the worst that I can remember, back to the sixties. Thank god I don't live and die with the Broncos anymore and have been able to forget about it after Sunday afternoons. With age comes a little moderation I guess.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
I think I saw one poster on this thread. I'd rather hope Tebow gets better than see that clown play QB for the Broncos again

Huh. Missed that.

I don't know if I can watch Tebow "play dress up as a quarterback" anymore.

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Huh. Missed that.

I don't know if I can watch Tebow "play dress up as a quarterback" anymore.

I can take it for a few more weeks. I want to make sure the 'Tebow thing' has chance to live and/or die properly.

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
look, this season is to find out if tebow can do this or not. thus far, it's 'not'. so be it. let the guy play and if qb is a spot that we need to fill at season's end, then let's go into the draft and find one or even in Free Agency.

tebow looks lost out there and i'm sure he'd be the first to tell you it's not the line, it's not the coach, it's not the playcalling. it's him either not knowing the playbook well enough or his inability to physically carry out a gameplan at this level. he deserves a chance, he's getting a chance, and he either sinks or swims. it seems pretty obvious what the result will be and that's fine, as long as the guy got a shot. the broncos will go on with or without tebow and I think our guys know whether he's the best guy for our long term plan or not, so kick back and watch the train wreck.

Quoted for truth.

The rest of this season serves exactly 1 purpose, an audition for Tebow, we are not going to win **** anyway so we absolutely need to find out if we are going to try to build the team around him and if we are ditching him and going all out drafting his replacement.

BroncsCheer
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
I turned off the game, went and carved pumpkins with my kids, then took the family on a 1 hour bike ride - best decision I've made all month.

LetsGoBroncos
10-31-2011, 10:51 AM

I kinda agree with you, but you are wrong on a couple of things. We drafted him and then gave Orton the extension 3 weeks into the season so obviously he wasn't competing for the starting job last year. They threw him in late in the year because we had nothing to lose so he got to play 3 games with a bunch of players who had packed it in for the season. That is not a good situation to be put in if you are being evaluated.

Then, there is no offseason for him to practice with the team and coaches and we get a new coaching staff. He obviously struggled in camp and preseason. Now they put him in and after two starts everyone is ready to give up. I don't get it.

I agree he hasn't played good but you have to look at the big picture. He doesn't have any time to throw, any running game to help (yesterday), and I don't think the playcalling and offense are designed to his strengths.

All I'm saying is he shouldn't be judged until he has started at least 10 games and even that isn't a very long time. Lots of times guys are drafted they are allowed to suck their rookie year (16 games) and then have an average second year where they show progress

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Quoted for truth.

The rest of this season serves exactly 1 purpose, an audition for Tebow, we are not going to win **** anyway so we absolutely need to find out if we are going to try to build the team around him and if we are ditching him and going all out drafting his replacement.

It's an audition for every player on the roster.

MplsBronco
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM
It's been a long, long time since I have been that disappointed in a player's performance. I have no animosity for Tebow since I believe he truly cares and gives it his all, but I am nearing the point of conceding that I was wrong. I thought he could be a dynamic, production player for us. If not, then we are screwed just that much more because this team has holes at every position except its kickers. A pathetic state and a terrible time to be a fan because it will takes years to turn this around, if not decades. We could already be in the abyss. A once great stadium/fanbase now seems dead, soulless.

However, I never thought Tebow would be the standard 5-7 step dropback QB that these coaches seem hellbent on making him be. Tebow failed miserably, but he is not the only one failing in this mess.

bendog
10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Tebow's in the shotgun at least 60% of the time.

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
I kinda agree with you, but you are wrong on a couple of things. We drafted him and then gave Orton the extension 3 weeks into the season so obviously he wasn't competing for the starting job last year.

::) You don't think those are at all related?

edog24
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
It's been a long, long time since I have been that disappointed in a player's performance. I have no animosity for Tebow since I believe he truly cares and gives it his all, but I am nearing the point of conceding that I was wrong. I thought he could be a dynamic, production player for us. If not, then we are screwed just that much more because this team has holes at every position except its kickers. A pathetic state and a terrible time to be a fan because it will takes years to turn this around, if not decades. We could already be in the abyss. A once great stadium/fanbase now seems dead, soulless.

However, I never thought Tebow would be the standard 5-7 step dropback QB that these coaches seem hellbent on making him be. Tebow failed miserably, but he is not the only one failing in this mess.

So we are all former bronco fan zombies for halloween? Cool!

bowtown
10-31-2011, 10:57 AM

^^^^^

And right now there are about 4 guys who are currently keeping their jobs.

MplsBronco
10-31-2011, 10:57 AM
So we are all former bronco fan zombies for halloween? Cool!

That's kinda how I feel today. Still a fan but zombie fits.

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 10:58 AM
That's certainly fair ;)

Lets ask Meriweather about that one, if we can find him on the bottom of the Bears depth chart.

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2011, 11:00 AM
We all like off the field Tebow how could you not. On the field Tebow he gives it his all but, little results. Imo he needs an Org that is willing to adjust gameplan to cater to his strengths to give him best chance to succeed that's not here.

I hope the most overhyped era in recent memory is over in 9 weeks I really do.

oubronco
10-31-2011, 11:04 AM

This is true they are evaluating every player and there will be a big roster turnover getting guys who are better at their offensive defensive philosophy

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 11:06 AM
That's certainly fair ;)

speaking of....

Book review:

War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team, (itbooks), by Michael Holley.

Anything Holley writes, after his memorable Patriot Reign insider's tome about New England's rise to power, I'll read. This didn't let me down. It's a book about Belichick, chief lieutenant Scott Pioli and wunderkind Thomas Dimitroff growing the Patriots, then Pioli and Dimitroff splitting off to run the show in Kansas City and Atlanta, respectively. The explanatory parts of how a draft is put together (Holley is especially strong analyzing the Chiefs' way of picking players under Pioli) merges well with stories about trades and draft strategy.

I especially liked Holley fleshing out how the three men disagree. Their football backbone is the same, Holley writes. But whereas Belichick, who gives the vibe of a conservative team manager, takes chances on off-field risks like tight end Aaron Hernandez, an outside-the-box thinker like Dimitroff won't touch problem children.

Dimitroff had black dots -- meaning he wouldn't draft them -- on both Florida's Brandon Spikes and Florida's Hernandez in the 2010 draft. Owner Arthur Blank even pressed Dimitroff on why he had so many black-dot guys, many more than other teams in the league. "[Dimitroff] was an extension of a Belichick Tree, not a Belichick monolith,'' Holley writes. "He typed a few notes in his iPad about general-managing in his third year. Be true to yourself, he wrote. Remember your roots: tough, honest, organic.''

Holley captures a dinner at the Senior Bowl in Mobile with Pioli and Dimitroff, in which they discuss the philosophy of building a team, right down to how they want their draft rooms to feel on draft day.

Said Pioli: "I need silence. I need limited activity.''

"We have things you would never allow in your draft room,'' Dimitroff said.

"Like what?'' Pioli said.

Like Falcons board of directors members Hank Aaron and Andrew Young sitting in the draft room if they choose. Presumably, it makes Blank happy.

"That's how I see it differently,'' Pioli said to Dimitroff. "Draft day is not entertainment in that room, okay? Last year, I spent $30 millon guaranteed on one pick. I've gotta have a clear head to make that decision. Do Fortune 500 companies have people coming into their boardrooms? I don't know, maybe I'm taking myself too seriously.''

"Respectfully, Scott, if my mistakes are because we have seven limited partners and a couple business associates in there, then my personal opinion is I'm not the right person for the job.''

There's more talk, and Pioli said: "We've got to be careful about how much of football loses its soul. Because we got to where we are because we kept the football soul.

Fascinating, too, is the discussion of last spring's Julio Jones trade. Blank urged Dimitroff to feel out his friends in the business to see if the trades makes as much sense to them as it does to the Falcons. Dimitroff called Belichick. "As a friend,'' Belichick told him, "I wouldn't do it.'' His advice was to not move up 21 picks in the first round, with all the attendant costs, to get Jones. Stick where you are, and take a good receiver like Pitt's Jonathan Baldwin. He's just as good, Belichick says.

Of course, the Falcons dealt for Jones. And Pioli took Baldwin for the Chiefs at the bottom of the round.

Holley also shows much of Belichick's human side -- at his father and mentor Steve's funeral. At the funeral of a man the Browns fired when he was coach, the father of Thomas Dimitroff, longtime scout Tom Dimitroff. ("Would you mind if I put a rose on your husband's casket?'' Belichick said to Tom Dimitroff's widow. She allowed it.) When protégé Josh McDaniels got fired in Denver last year, Belichick told him: "Call your parents. Go see them. Make sure they know you're okay because I know that they're going to go through this and feel terribly about it.''

Other tidbits Patriot fans will enjoy:

• Scouts were ticked off in 2006 that Belichick overrode their reports and picked Laurence Maroney in the first round (apparently on the strong advice of Josh McDaniels' brother Ben, one of the Maroney's college coaches) and Chad Jackson in the second round -- even after receivers coach Brian Daboll said he didn't want to coach Jackson.
• After the Boston Herald reported (incorrectly, as it turned out) that the Patriots had taped a Rams practice before the 2002 Super Bowl, Belichick went to his captains and asked if he should address the team about it -- just before the Super Bowl they played against the Giants in February 2008. The captains said no, so Belichick didn't talk to the team about it.

• Defensive keystone Vince Wilfork didn't like the trade of Mike Vrabel to Kansas City before the 2009 season. "That trade ticks me off. Right now. Still. When I heard about it, I said, 'What the f--- is going on?' If you want to talk about the Patriot Way, you start with Vrabel.' ''

• It wasn't just management that came to dislike free agent signee Adalius Thomas. It was the players. Tedy Bruschi on Thomas: "He started to question a lot of things in meeting. 'Why are we doing that?' 'Why don't we just do this?' He stopped buying in on what the coaches thought. He really did think he had all the answers, you know? And that's what he turned into: the answer man. That's when I was on my way out and I was glad to get out at that point.''

Regardless of your rooting interests, War Room is going to take you into the inner game of pro football. I recommend it highly.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/31/Week8/index.html#ixzz1cNbq3ynK

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 11:18 AM
^^^^^

I would start cutting some of these mopey pricks at half time.

Christ Royal looked like he was jogging through the park yesterday. And the Defense. Christ those guys packed it in after Dawkins got burned on the first TD.

This group of no hearted slap dicks just let Detroit walk into town and piss on the rug...and that rug really tied the room together. Twats.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 11:20 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-back

bendog
10-31-2011, 11:21 AM

Christ Royal looked like he was jogging through the park yesterday. And the Defense. Christ those guys packed it in after Dawkins got burned on the first TD.

This group of no hearted slap ***** just let Detroit walk into town and piss on the rug...and that rug really tied the room together. Twats.

YESSSS.

TJ96
10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
It's gotten so bad that you can be Tebow for Halloween (http://thexlog.com/201110311314/sports-wagering/halloween-costume-ideas-ask-tim-tebow/)...

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Royal has been MIA since McD's was hired.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM

It is like he's in witness protection right now; nobody can find him.

Shotgun Willie
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM

It started before that. Around week 10 of his rookie year, once people had enough film on him and starting adjusting the way they played him, he started hitting that wall. Defenses adjusted their game and he hasn't responded by adjusting his IMO.

bendog
10-31-2011, 11:40 AM
It is like he's in witness protection right now; nobody can find him.

He's short and Tebow throws high.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 11:41 AM
It started before that. Around week 10 of his rookie year, once people had enough film on him and starting adjusting the way they played him, he started hitting that wall. Defenses adjusted their game and he hasn't responded by adjusting his IMO.

Somebody should twitter Eddie and tell him jogging through routes is not going to work. He's tried that.

edog24
10-31-2011, 11:41 AM

Well it's hard to adjust when you are under sized, don't have the speed, run poor routes, and are generally demotivated.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
He's short and Tebow throws high.

I haven't seen the guy in years. When was his last 4 reception 40+ yd receiving game? When did he last see the endzone? Seriously. I don't have the stats but I am curious. This is the internetz, somebody is begging to answer this question.

TheDave
10-31-2011, 11:45 AM
If you ask me I think all the WR are doing their fair share of pouting...

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 11:48 AM

Being whiny twats is part of the position creed though. It seems like when there's a prima donna it is usually a WR.

TheDave
10-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Being whiny twats is part of the position creed though. It seems like when there's a prima donna it is usually a WR.

Yeah, but I'm seeing "Check cashing dog" more than "Prima Donna".

That bugs the hell out of me...

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 11:53 AM

Completely agree

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Meh.

Start him to see what he's got. A season in the NFL will take away all doubt as to his potential.

At the end of the year, you know if you have your QB to build with, or you sucked so hard that the pick will be there to grab a Luck or somebody else more able to play the NFL game.

At this point, you could argue that playing him more hurts as it will only decrease his trade value

What does everyone think? Could we still get a 4th for him?

TheDave
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
At this point, you could argue that playing him more hurts as it will only decrease his trade value

no

Sim Pilot 4.0
10-31-2011, 11:56 AM

This group of no hearted slap ***** just let Detroit walk into town and piss on the rug...and that rug really tied the room together. Twats.

If I were royal i would run routes like that too with tebow back there. Tebow is so inaccurate he could get killed if he went full out after one of his lame duck passes.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 12:01 PM

ha.

A fourth? Dreaming.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-31-2011, 12:01 PM
no

I agree.
A 6th?? :wiggle:

Too bad we effectively traded Brandon Marshall for this guy

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Who's looking forward to seeing Tebow in the Black Hole?

broncocalijohn
10-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I was more depressed and drunk and angry then I had been in a long time yesterday. All this losing the last few years is finally getting to me.

Well, the avatar of Old English 800 probably isnt helping on hang overs either. Step up to better drinking beer. If you are going to get loaded, the worst is to wake up remembering the atrocious score and performance but also a sick hangover. Unless you are 18 and/or from the ghetto, Old E isnt for you.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM

Yeah.. Orton would just throw the ball out of bounds on every play.. much better...

You really have no understanding of football.. if every player played with the heart and determination Tebow does they wouldn't have lost yesterday..

That's the problem.. Orton made ALL his players play soft just like him. He created the culture Tebow has to clean up. Fox is no better...

It's funny how opponents praised Orton so much and trash Tebow... but then again.. if I was an opponent I would do the same. Why encourage bringing in a better QB..

Archer81
10-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah.. Orton would just throw the ball out of bounds on every play.. much better...

You really have no understanding of football.. if every player played with the heart and determination Tebow does they wouldn't have lost yesterday..

That's the problem.. Orton made ALL his players play soft just like him. He created the culture Tebow has to clean up. Fox is no better...

It's funny how opponents praised Orton so much and trash Tebow... but then again.. if I was an opponent I would do the same. Why encourage bringing in a better QB..

Wrong poster to say that to. Especially coming from you. If the world was going to end and the only way to save it was believe you on your football takes, we'd all be ****ed.

:Broncos:

oubronco
10-31-2011, 12:14 PM

:spit: Hilarious! your blaming that performance on Orton?

Shotgun Willie
Why encourage bringing in a better QB..

Keep telling us all how Tebow is better because the Broncos never score less than 24 pts per game with Tebow starting vs Orton's 21 or whatever it was. Oh wait, that's not true anymore, now is it?

TheReverend
^^^^^

^^^^^

And right now that also includes coaching staff :)

bendog
10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Who's looking forward to seeing Tebow in the Black Hole?

Well a contrast: Tebow v. Accountants dressed like Methaddled Star Wars/DungeonandDragon nerds

Archer81
10-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Football being what it is...we could actually win next week. Of course...that's the small little optimist in me that I have yet to kill with alcohol.

:Broncos:

Sim Pilot 4.0
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM

I don't get to post often but this is one of the best takes about this situation. The bad part is we had warning signs about his skill set. I think it ws the poster Dave that went to the camps and talked about how bad tebow was. I listen to you on the podcasts and I respect your opinion and it mirrors the opinions of those in the media, other bronco fans here and unfortunately some of my friends that warned about the boom or bust potential. That performance almost made me feel like a saints fan from the past.

I'm just hoping that fox has the smarts to remove him from the game if it turns ugly against the raiders. I can't take too many more I told you so from rival fans.

TonyR
10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Christ Royal looked like he was jogging through the park yesterday.

The Philadelphia Eagles thank us for passing on DeSean Jackson for Royal and LeSean McCoy for Moreno. We must have something against anybody with "eSean" in their names...

gunns
10-31-2011, 12:28 PM

Except for maybe Scott Mitchell, their QB's have been better than Tebow yesterday.

zdoor
10-31-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't get to post often but this is one of the best takes about this situation. The bad part is we had warning signs about his skill set. I think it ws the poster Dave that went to the camps and talked about how bad tebow was. I listen to you on the podcasts and I respect your opinion and it mirrors the opinions of those in the media, other bronco fans here and unfortunately some of my friends that warned about the boom or bust potential. That performance almost made me feel like a saints fan from the past.

I'm just hoping that fox has the smarts to remove him from the game if it turns ugly against the raiders. I can't take too many more I told you so from rival fans.

The team looked ugly, Tebow looked bad and the D was terrible. But, IMO I thought Tebow was better this game than Miami but not by much. The drops, and pass rush killed him and the Offense. I didn't think his throws were as bad as the Phins game. Still far from good enough though. Regardless, he stays the starter for at least another game and if he improves at all will likely keep getting the nod. We're not going anywhere and if its not Tebow next year it's a guy not on the team.

Tombstone RJ
10-31-2011, 12:32 PM

I guess the rumors that the Lions are a bunch of crap talkers is true. Pretty classless.

If there is one NFL organization that should show some class it's this one. They have the all time single season loss record.

gunns
10-31-2011, 12:36 PM

At this point we'd probably have to give something up for another team to take Tebow.

24champ
10-31-2011, 12:39 PM

It's not a good QB class outside of Luck.

I wouldn't draft a QB in this coming draft, there's better players at other positions we can upgrade at. Much rather get a veteran QB to be a stopgap.

If Indy gets the #1 pick, and if I was the GM I would place a call to see if Manning is available and if he is, make an offer. I would also look into Jason Campbell, Alex Smith etc.

Sim Pilot 4.0
10-31-2011, 12:40 PM

OMG are you really trying to make excuses for that performance yesterday? I cant take it. Get real man! fans defended orton and then booed him when it wa correct. Why should Tebow get a pass? Is it because he's a hard worker or a god fearing person or something? I don't see how anyone with a brain in their head can support tebow after that.

Opponents don't want the best qb. I don't see one rival fan on this site saying that we should start orton. They want tebow to play!

Jetmeck
10-31-2011, 12:45 PM

Your embarassing yourself with this explanation. The O-line did suck and the play calling was amateurish at best.............

Jetmeck
10-31-2011, 12:48 PM
OMG are you really trying to make excuses for that performance yesterday? I cant take it. Get real man! fans defended orton and then booed him when it wa correct. Why should Tebow get a pass? Is it because he's a hard worker or a god fearing person or something? I don't see how anyone with a brain in their head can support tebow after that.

Opponents don't want the best qb. I don't see one rival fan on this site saying that we should start orton. They want tebow to play!

Maybe he is making excuses for a 5 game starter, how long you been watching football ? Maybe 6 games ? LOL
Get real........pitiful protection and play calls and yes Tebow sucked but he had no help whatsoever and again only 5 games........

oVEReacting

Sim Pilot 4.0
10-31-2011, 12:52 PM
The team looked ugly, Tebow looked bad and the D was terrible. But, IMO I thought Tebow was better this game than Miami but not by much. The drops, and pass rush killed him and the Offense. I didn't think his throws were as bad as the Phins game. Still far from good enough though. Regardless, he stays the starter for at least another game and if he improves at all will likely keep getting the nod. We're not going anywhere and if its not Tebow next year it's a guy not on the team.

You are right the team did look bad in all areas except special teams. I don't know if I can say that tebow really improved even with the early first quarter performance. The pass rush was not supposed to be the issue for tebow. He is more elusive than orton but he looked frozen and unable to make anything happen. Our offensive line lacks talent our defense was terrible and Moreno is nothing.

I just don't have the feeling that there is really a point to the whole tebow thing except to make a point that is loud and clear already. It's almost as bad as watching a lopsided boxing match with a corner that won't throw in the towel.

cabronco
10-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Outside of Luck, I dont know of any high profile qb's. I think we should prolly rent a vet for a year or two and use our high draft picks on defense. Somewhere draft a good young, real rb also.

Shotgun Willie
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
If Indy gets the #1 pick, and if I was the GM I would place a call to see if Manning is available and if he is, make an offer.

Bowlen wasn't willing to put $5 mil a year out there for the 3 or 4 best young FA DTs the NFL has probably ever seen at one time this past offseason, but he's going to pay old broken Manning $25-30 mil a year? That would be incredible.

BroncoMan4ever
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
i understand the notion of QB gets all the praise in a win and all the blame in a loss. but no one is making any noise about a defense that allowed 45 in a loss. if anything was embarrasing it was the defense.

and i am not saying Tebow is without blame he missed a lot of throws but also was aided by his receivers on numerous occasions. all the way around this was an embarassing game.

Sim Pilot 4.0
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe he is making excuses for a 5 game starter, how long you been watching football ? Maybe 6 games ? LOL
Get real........pitiful protection and play calls and yes Tebow sucked but he had no help whatsoever and again only 5 games........

oVEReacting

There are no excuses that are acceptable in professional sports. Live up to the hype or go home is the mentality. Like Kaylore said and since you asked, in the 30 + years that I have watched football I have never seen a QB flounder around and look so incredibly bad. NEVER! Not even Ryan Leaf or Jarmarcus Russell. Even they could throw the ball and make some decent reads. I can't believe I'm saying this but Tebow stinks. He's actually in that class of player right now. I don't care how many games he played.

Like i said in an earlier response. The team is not good but, there is no excuse for what he did. Defenders keep bringing up play calls. Well maybe he's so bad that our coaches don't have many plays to call for him. You can't win with bubble screens alone.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

You weren't the only ones.

Only the most delusional crack smokers believe Tebow has any business being a starting QB in the NFL.

bowtown
10-31-2011, 01:09 PM
i understand the notion of QB gets all the praise in a win and all the blame in a loss. but no one is making any noise about a defense that allowed 45 in a loss. if anything was embarrasing it was the defense.

and i am not saying Tebow is without blame he missed a lot of throws but also was aided by his receivers on numerous occasions. all the way around this was an embarassing game.

Not making too many excuses because they did suck, but it's really hard for a defense to be on the field that much.

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM

This is one of those prime examples of bias in journalism folks. Before you read the story look at the source of the story and who wrote it. In this case Michael Silver is from San Francisco and writes for Yahoo Sports. Bingo! He no doubt is a flaming liberal to the extreme, an Atheist and possibly gay so is it any wonder a smack down like this would be forth coming? He undoubtedly hates Tebow more for his righteous beliefs than he does his game but masks it with football. Be sure to check the news at its source, read the BIO the Author provides that’ll almost tell you everything you need to know about the content of the story as well.

Rolandftw
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
He no doubt is a flaming liberal to the extreme, an Atheist and possibly gay so is it any wonder a smack down like this would be forth coming?

Are you for real?

BroncoMan4ever
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Not making too many excuses because they did suck, but it's really hard for a defense to be on the field that much.

true

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 01:18 PM
This is one of those prime examples of bias in journalism folks. Before you read the story look at the source of the story and who wrote it. In this case Michael Silver is from San Francisco and writes for Yahoo Sports. Bingo! He no doubt is a flaming liberal to the extreme, an Atheist and possibly gay so is it any wonder a smack down like this would be forth coming? He undoubtedly hates Tebow more for his righteous beliefs than he does his game but masks it with football. Be sure to check the news at its source, read the BIO the Author provides that’ll almost tell you everything you need to know about the content of the story as well.

http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

RaiderH8r

It's not really the D's fault. It really is difficult to play hard nosed, tough defense while wallowing in self-pity. It is double duty that is impossible to pull off.

Tombstone RJ
It's not a good QB class outside of Luck.

I wouldn't draft a QB in this coming draft, there's better players at other positions we can upgrade at. Much rather get a veteran QB to be a stopgap.

If Indy gets the #1 pick, and if I was the GM I would place a call to see if Manning is available and if he is, make an offer. I would also look into Jason Campbell, Alex Smith etc.

I'm glad you're not the GM. A neck injury is just about the worse thing a football player can have. There's no way I'd take Manning now, not when he's one hit away from never playing again.

Jason Campbell and Alex Smith? Really?

But you won't draft one QB in this upcoming draft class? Really? This upcoming class is better than this last class with Ponder and Cam Newton.

Mile High Mojoe
Are you for real?

This proves how dopes like you can be duped, sorry you don't agree but I'm almost sure this guy loved doing a hit job on Tebow and I bet in part for the reasons given above.

bendog
10-31-2011, 01:19 PM
He's went to Berkely, his first job was on a paper named "democRat," he lives in Northern 'socialist' California and his name sounds Jewish. I see conspiracy!

Sim Pilot 4.0
10-31-2011, 01:19 PM

LOL I guess I could look at the information on your profile and assume that you are a skin head because you are from Oregon? So what about his sources that provided the info?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM

Holy ****, that's retarded.

Shotgun Willie
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
but no one is making any noise about a defense that allowed 45 in a loss.

Ummmmm, they didn't. 14 of those were the result of fumble and INT returns where the defense wasn't even on the field.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-31-2011, 01:23 PM

it is the coaching...without coaching you have nothing.

On the all out blitzes, Tebow had no idea where to go.. whose job do you think it is to help him with that?

How about throwing a simple cross pattern since they're giving so much space?

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 01:27 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/gomilehigh/bloody-tampon-costume.jpg

I heard this was your Halloween costume Rev.

bendog
10-31-2011, 01:33 PM
it is the coaching...without coaching you have nothing.

On the all out blitzes, Tebow had no idea where to go.. whose job do you think it is to help him with that?

How about throwing a simple cross pattern since they're giving so much space?

die hard supporter, borderline insane ... well, Kaylore predicted it.

Look, the Lions brought up the safety and forced Tebow to beat 1-1 coverage and didn't give him time. That's not coaching. He consistetly failed to pick up blitzes in Mian and again yesterday ... though the Lions were more about stuffing the run than blitzing the guy. Young qb's struggle with that.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
[IMG]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/gomilehigh/bloody-tampon-costume.jpg[IMG]

I heard this was your Halloween costume Rev.

Let me clarify:

So you make a homophobic, anti-semitic, etc etc etc post, and then this is how you choose to respond?

What a winner you are. Guess we can judge books by their covers after all:

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/62/834d6802df4844fea67c0d394063b876/l.jpg

Dead serious, you look like you have downs. And you ****ing post like it too.

v2micca

Than taking a sack? Yeah it is. I don't know which offensive school would advocate taking sacks over in-completions.

You really have no understanding of football.. if every player played with the heart and determination Tebow does they wouldn't have lost yesterday.

Seriously? Have you spent any time reading Kaylore's posts? His annual camp reports? Listen, no one on this board is moon-lighting as a NFL Scout. But Kaylore knows more about NFL football than just about anyone here.

Jesus. Orton is toting a clipboard on the sidelines and trying to decide what QB he is going to back-up next year. I don't think anyone hear wants to see Orton under center again, but you really need to find someone else to blame at this point.

The simple fact is that Tebow played a terrible game. He needs to improve on many levels if he wants to keep his job at the end of the year. He still has 9 games left to show us something. As a Broncos fan, I'm desperately hoping that he will.

BroncoInferno

:spit:

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
die hard supporter, borderline insane ... well, Kaylore predicted it.

Look, the Lions brought up the safety and forced Tebow to beat 1-1 coverage and didn't give him time. That's not coaching. He consistetly failed to pick up blitzes in Mian and again yesterday ... though the Lions were more about stuffing the run than blitzing the guy. Young qb's struggle with that.

...where did you get that from?

DontBeMessin
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM

Which you didn't do Mile High Mullet! He's married with 3 kids...

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm glad you're not the GM. A neck injury is just about the worse thing a football player can have. There's no way I'd take Manning now, not when he's one hit away from never playing again.

But you won't draft one QB in this upcoming draft class? Really? This upcoming class is better than this last class with Ponder and Cam Newton.

At this point if we're going to stink, let's stink. I would rather be in a position to draft Luck and not want to (thus dealing him to some unsuspecting club for their next 8 first rounders, keys to the Mercedes, daughter's virginity etc) than to be in a position where we want Luck and have to trade away all the aforementioned goodies. Lookin' at you Ditka.

I sincerely like Tebow and want him to succeed. My whole thing from the get go is we know Orton isn't the guy and won't be here. Quinn isn't the guy and won't be here. Let's find out what Tebow's got and go from there. The part I didn't figure into that calculus until Tebow got in there was just how bad our coaching staff is. Orton's garbage time numbers even took a dive. Our WRs don't look like they can shake or bake. Royal couldn't catch herpes at a Mexical whorehouse. The group in general looks like they're going through the motions. Take Decker's TD catch yesterday. Every NFL WR...EVERY one stops their feet and lays out to catch that ball and drags their toes. Not Decker. He just goes gleefully plodding along like an ignorant slapdick. DT isn't catching jump balls. Orlando Franklin is about as serviceable as a pass blocker as a rusty screen door. Knowshon is dog****. McGahee is hurt. McCoy should eat **** and die. Our QB coach is a retread WR coach who wasn't even good at coaching WRs. Our HC is the only coach to have mustered a worse record than our club last year. Just holy f'ing failballs batman. We need a glimmer of somebody somewhere with some desire to do something worthwhile. The D was wallowing in their own stupid self-pity after blowing coverage on Titus young and our fans can't even muster the grapes to throw an opposing player out of the stands, onto his head, covered in beer, phlegm and snot after doing a post TD "Leap". We need an intervention and I'm just the guy to do it.

I find it hard to believe that a coach of any decent caliber can't show Tebow what he's doing with his feet and figure out how to improve upon it.

McCoy: Where are the bubble screens and ****? Seriously. DT is pretty physically imposing. Having Decker swing out to pick up his guy, tossing a quick pitch over there out of the gun and letting DT put a move on the DB seems like an easy adjustment. Christ, DT's height alone all but guarantees a 4 yard gain on any given play. Let him put up a stiff arm and make a move. Also, did we run that inside handoff to Ball again after he picked up that 30+ yd carry? Seriously asking here. Do we have a play that utilizes pick routes? Do we have a screen? I think we do because Knowshon's only worthwhile play the last two seasons was that screen play against SD.

Tebow will put in the work but it can't just be "work" it has to be designed to accomplish something. Sure, he's a project. The QB coach should accept that and say this season we are fixing your feet. Period. We will work on the other **** along the way but if we accomplish nothing else in you progression as a pro we are going to fix. your. feet. Period. If Tebow is given a roster of drills to fix footwork, actually fix it does anybody believe he wouldn't do them until he bled from the eyes so he could get better? Anybody? WTF is wrong with our QB coach that he can't ID problems and design solutions to address them. Fix one thing at a time coach and start with the base. His. Feet. Dickhead doesn't deserve to breathe.

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Let me clarify:

So you make a homophobic, anti-semitic, etc etc etc post, and then this is how you choose to respond?

What a winner you are. Guess we can judge books by their covers after all:

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/62/834d6802df4844fea67c0d394063b876/l.jpg

Dead serious, you look like you have downs. And you ****ing post like it too.

You must have a serious Man Crush on me dude, you post my photo every chance you get. Sorry to disappoint you I'm taken, I'm also Heterosexual.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 01:45 PM
At first I was all DERRRRRRRRRRRRP.
But then, that was all.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM
You must have a serious Man Crush on me dude, you post my photo every chance you get. Sorry to disappoint you I'm taken, I'm also Heterosexual.

Doesn't really count when you've never touched a woman...

24champ
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM

Go back to myspace and hit on underage girls, pervert.

Shotgun Willie
10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
It took 8 pages, but this thread is finally starting to deliver.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Ummmmm, they didn't. 14 of those were the result of fumble and INT returns where the defense wasn't even on the field.

Well, it could be argued that while technically on the field for the other 31 points our D never really made it out of the locker room yesterday. Sure, we had some dudes out there taking up space but they were a bunch of tackling dummies wallowing in their own sucktitude.

Shotgun Willie
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, it could be argued that while technically on the field for the other 31 points our D never really made it out of the locker room yesterday. Sure, we had some dudes out there taking up space but they were a bunch of tackling dummies wallowing in their own sucktitude.

True, but I think we can all agree that 9 three and outs, or worse, by the offense have a habit of killing a defense.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
True, but I think we can all agree that 9 three and outs, or worse, by the offense have a habit of killing a defense.

I wouldn't say our D was "killed" by that...more like kicking a dead horse. They rolled over long before those 3 and outs were an issue.

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Go back to myspace and hit on underage girls, pervert.

Your obsession with little girls doesn't stop does it? I bet when you're down in your Mom's basement in between your posts on the OM you have another screen tabbed to watch kiddie porn don’t you. Come on admit it, you know it’s true.

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM

Compared to our offense the defense was playing like all-pros, I am pretty sure there are high school defenses who could have stopped our offense.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Your obsession with little girls doesn't stop does it? I bet when you're down in your Mom's basement in between your posts on the OM you have another screen tabbed to watch kiddie porn don’t you. Come on admit it, you know it’s true.

First of all, WHOAAAA

Secondly, you're 51 and making posts like this and maintaining a myspace Broncos blog.

If ANYONE has a kiddie porn stash from their mom's basement, it's probably you.

Drunk Monkey
10-31-2011, 01:55 PM
At first I was all DERRRRRRRRRRRRP.
But then, that was all.

In addition to being wrong about all things Tebow your Christmas tree sucks.

TonyR
10-31-2011, 01:59 PM
This is one of those prime examples of bias in journalism folks...

Where is epicdramallama to endorse this post?

24champ
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM

You have an IQ of a rock, admit it.

You know its true.

bendog
10-31-2011, 02:02 PM
FYI, it's not really homosexuality if you're thinking of a woman when you're doing it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Where is epicdramallama to endorse this post?

Probably just gave him rep. You know, for "truth telling."

DontBeMessin
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM

I agee... Neck issues are a done deal in the NFL. Rich Gannon...

nuff said

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 02:05 PM
5 times in 1 thread my photo gets posted, thanks for the love. Keep doing your worst, that's what you're good at.

Pony Boy
10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Nothing like a girls pissing contest on the Mane ...........LOL

Inkana7
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
This thread is totally worth 45-10.

Popps
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM

I never wondered. It made perfect sense to me, and the subsequent results of Tebow's play are just an afterthought.

It was all a big conspiracy, or Fox was an idiot... or Bowlen was broke... or one of a million other reasons.

How about... Orton just ran the offense better? Is Orton the QBOTF? No, but it's perfectly understandable that a staff would have chosen a veteran guy who showed the ability to understand and run the system.

Say what you want... but Orton would have won that Miami game, imo. He probably would have lost yesterday, but we would have gotten into the endzone a couple more times. (See Green Bay.)

So, turns out... neither of these guys is probably the answer. But, the staff did the most logical thing and if that wasn't apparent then... it should be now.

The switch was fine. I was as hopeful as anyone. Still hoping the kid can develop and make some kind of miracle progress in the next 9 games... because that's all he has.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 02:13 PM
5 times in 1 thread my photo gets posted, thanks for the love. Keep doing your worst, that's what you're good at.

Ok

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/19/f41b0f42b9834fa683783cec27399d0b/l.jpg

Look at that trophy catch!

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/46/e4df81e9ab864057aa78f16d7f596ae9/l.jpg

Nothing says straight more than a guy alone in San Francisco

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/12/4acbd35bff844010b1ca27fb930dccb3/l.jpg

Creepy Hide and Go Seek

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/24/8986acfbe7624963848067add6b6a012/l.jpg

"I bought this for myself"

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/53/51a726fa7c88412e9441ca402cd966e8/l.jpg

Just... just... looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Rigs11
10-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Tebow starting next week.do we beat the raiders?

Hercules Rockefeller
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
I really hope the last 2 weeks will cause people to STFU about that stupide meme that the reason Tim wasn't starting was because the team didn't want him to hit his contract escalators. It is quite clear that Tim didn't start because Tim wasn't and still isn't ready to be a starting QB in the league.

jhns

Easily.

gyldenlove

Yes.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM

Ha! What a ****ing :loser:

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM
This thread is totally worth 45-10.

Finally someone with their priorities straight - **** football, we need an internet cat-fight.

Maximus
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM

Dude you look like Arthur Shawcross! He was a neanderthal too!

DontBeMessin
10-31-2011, 02:17 PM

HELL NO!!!!!

What are you thinking?!?!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Ok

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/19/f41b0f42b9834fa683783cec27399d0b/l.jpg

Look at that trophy catch!

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/46/e4df81e9ab864057aa78f16d7f596ae9/l.jpg

Nothing says straight more than a guy alone in San Francisco

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/12/4acbd35bff844010b1ca27fb930dccb3/l.jpg

Creepy Hide and Go Seek

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/24/8986acfbe7624963848067add6b6a012/l.jpg

"I bought this for myself"

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/53/51a726fa7c88412e9441ca402cd966e8/l.jpg

Just... just... looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Rep incoming.

Where the **** is Yuba College?

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Doesn't really count when you've never touched a woman...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/gomilehigh/Avy.jpg

This photo was on your profile page. Honesty Rev, its okay people come out every day, no need to be ashamed of yourself. Set yourself free.

As I said thanks for putting my picture up again, but please take it down off your bedroom wall now. I've been happily married for 10 years to a fantastic woman who’s the best person I know, so go shop somewhere else. I’m done now; I’m not going to continue a conversation with you. Go ahead and take some more shots, you can have the last word you punk.

CEH
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
I really hope the last 2 weeks will cause people to STFU about that stupide meme that the reason Tim wasn't starting was because the team didn't want him to hit his contract escalators. It is quite clear that Tim didn't start because Tim wasn't and still isn't ready to be a starting QB in the league.

The team was afraid Tebow woudl hit those escalators like All Pro , MVP to get that extra $MM. I'd gladly give up those escaltors if Tebow showed he was a All Pro QB

Maximus
10-31-2011, 02:21 PM

No way Rigs. You have a Rookie RT who is banged up. The rest of the Oline is suspect except for Clady. You have No QB. Our defensive line is going to Rag doll that line all day long. Without an experienced QB who can make hot reads and call line adjustments it will be a long day.

bendog
10-31-2011, 02:22 PM
...where did you get that from?

See the last den poss of the first qtr and the second poss of the second qtr.

Gunther brough up his safety and forced Den to pass or run to 8 in the box. On passing downs, Gunther brought blitz. Also Fox's comments of "they forced us to pass....."

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/gomilehigh/Avy.jpg

This photo was on your profile page. Honesty Rev, its okay people come out every day, no need to be ashamed of yourself. Set yourself free.

As I said thanks for putting my picture up again, but please take it down off your bedroom wall now. I've been happily married for 10 years to a fantastic woman who’s the best person I know, so go shop somewhere else. I’m done now; I’m not going to continue a conversation with you. Go ahead and take some more shots, you can have the last word you punk.

...is that the best you've got?

TheDave
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
No way Rigs. You have a Rookie RT who is banged up. The rest of the Oline is suspect except for Clady. You have No QB. Our defensive line is going to Rag doll that line all day long. Without an experienced QB who can make hot reads and call line adjustments it will be a long day.

I wish so bad I could argue against any of that...

Oh wait, Kuper is a stud also... so there.

TheReverend
10-31-2011, 02:31 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251583_2166532202015_1207965217_32720862_4572536_n .jpg

Please tell me you photoshopped your jaw and chin out of this picture?

Maximus
10-31-2011, 02:31 PM
I wish so bad I could argue against any of that...

Oh wait, Kuper is a stud also... so there.

;D In a way I wish you could too... For years we were bad... now your team is bad. The rivalry is suffering and so is the trash talk. With all the teboites I'm missing the good old banter :injured:

bendog
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
;D In a way I wish you could too... For years we were bad... now your team is bad. The rivalry is suffering and so is the trash talk. With all the teboites I'm missing the good old banter :injured:

Hopefully the Black Hole will make creative uses of Tebow dolls and Tebowing.

24champ
10-31-2011, 02:39 PM
. I've been happily married for 10 years to a fantastic woman who’s the best person I know, so go shop somewhere else.

It's legal in Wyoming to marry your sister?

Maximus
10-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Hopefully the Black Hole will make creative uses of Tebow dolls and Tebowing.

I'm sure they will... I wouldn't be surprised to see a live Sloth with a Tebow jersey on it! Ha!

bendog
10-31-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm sure they will... I wouldn't be surprised to see a live Sloth with a Tebow jersey on it! Ha!

NOOOO, Orton is the pocket sloth

http://billyboy2005.webbywarehouse.com/Awards/Cartoons39/cr7.jpg

Miss I.
10-31-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/scarjo_popcorn.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4131)

Maximus
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
NOOOO, Orton is the pocket sloth

http://billyboy2005.webbywarehouse.com/Awards/Cartoons39/cr7.jpg

Hilarious! Orton was elusive compared to tebow... Amazing how the roles have changed

bendog
10-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Orton tebowed before the game and his dog marked him and Brandy had to help him get on two feet again.

(actually that was me, but it sounds better if it's orton)

Popps
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Does anyone have stats on how many times Orton was sacked in his games compared to Tebow?

Maximus
10-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Orton tebowed before the game and his dog marked him and Brandy had to help him get on two feet again.

(actually that was me, but it sounds better if it's orton)

Ha! :thumbsup: Too damn funny!

I couldn't believe Scheffler did the Tebowing... He was amped and bitter!

edog24
10-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Does anyone have stats on how many times Orton was sacked in his games compared to Tebow?

Orton: 9 this season
Tebow: 13 in two games

edog24
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Wow I went to my kids' halloween parade for an hour and this thread took a serious turn for the worse. Have we hit rock bottom yet?

gyldenlove

Tebow has been sacked 14 times through 2.5 games, Orton was sacked 8 times through 4.5 games.

bendog

It sucks that I'm reduced to only seeing the NFL replay thing because I think if it were live I'd start Tebowing every time he failed to burn man coverage or pick up a blitz

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Wow I went to my kids' halloween parade for an hour and this thread took a serious turn for the worse. Have we hit rock bottom yet?

I think as long as Mcgruder and Mojoe is around we can go deeper!

Br0nc0Buster
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Tebow has been sacked 14 times through 2.5 games, Orton was sacked 8 times through 4.5 games.

using the Matt Cassel/Tom Brady example, Olines simply do not regress that much

obviously our oline is not playing well, but clearly Tebow is not helping in that regard

jhns
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
It sucks that I'm reduced to only seeing the NFL replay thing because I think if it were live I'd start Tebowing every time he failed to burn man coverage or pick up a blitz

You fair weather "fans" are the worst.

Maximus
10-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Well you better hit the squat machine hard next time you see a live game. I know you saw him miss decker on the crossing pattern... Eddie Royal got the initial blame for a drop but... Holy Tebow that was a bad throw!

Maximus
10-31-2011, 03:14 PM
You fair weather "fans" are the worst.

Fair weather my ass... The die hards are the only realistic ones left around here! You boners are disgusting!

edog24
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM

obviously our oline is not playing well, but clearly Tebow is not helping in that regard

Yup. I would have never guessed he would be sacked this much. I thought the oline would flourish under him, turns out, they look like garbage.

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM

There are number of compounding factors here, 1 is that Franklin is certainly not good enough on the blind-side, this wasn't much of a problem with a right handed passer; 2 is that Tebow is holding on to the ball a lot longer than he should in many situations; 3 and probably most important is that Tebow just doesn't seem to function under pressure so both Miami and Detroit have been dialing up blitzes and pass rush and heavy fronts all day long - with a decent passer that type of play leads to long completions and wide open recievers making plays.

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Yup. I would have never guessed he would be sacked this much. I thought the oline would flourish under him, turns out, they look like garbage.

Very much the same thing we saw when we went from Cutler to Orton - a QB who can and has the confidence to throw to 1 on 1 covered recievers quickly is not going to get rushed a lot.

jhns
10-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Fair weather my ass... The die hards are the only realistic ones left around here! You boners are disgusting!

God made raider fans so everyone else would have someone to laugh at. You serve god well.

Fedaykin
10-31-2011, 03:27 PM

The D only allowed 31. Still not great, but not terrible against a high powered offense currently averaging 30pts/game.

Tebow spotted them 14.

bronco militia
10-31-2011, 03:28 PM
The D only allowed 31. Still not great, but not terrible against a high powered offense currently averaging 30pts/game.

Tebow spotted them 14.

wtf......giving up 31 points is terrible in any league

ol#7
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
#1, This site has more personal photos of each other showing up in threads than FB, kinda weird.

#2, I dont remember what this thread was about anymore.

Garcia Bronco
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Man some of you people would turn on anybody...like a dog.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 03:30 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/scarjo_popcorn.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4131)

Scarlett wants my body.

I can tell.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 03:31 PM

Are you kidding? He looked like somebody messed up his medication.

"I'll Tebow, no I'll dance, no I'll salute, no I'll high five, no...."

gyldenlove
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM

Come on, he is a white kid with a lot of ugly ink and he lives in Detroit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nzY2Qcu5i2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maximus
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM

LOL It reminded me of that dance the pee wee herman! Ha!