PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Matthew Stafford's numbers from his 5th NFL Start (2009)

22 of 42 for 203 yards. 2 TD's. 5 INT's.

12 point loss to a Seahawks team that finished 5-11.

Oh, and remember that's with Calvin "Jump Ball" Johnson.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 07:49 AM

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/554/original/facepalm.jpg?1248715065

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Come on, Kyle. Yes it's bad. If the play continues at this level, Tebow will definitely fit the N(ot)F(or)L(ong) acronym pretty quickly.

But he's still never laid a 14 Passer Rating 0 TD 5 INT stinker like you did your rookie year. And you still managed to convince people you were a viable NFL option for several years. :)

lod01
10-31-2011, 10:04 AM
fail.

hookemhess
10-31-2011, 10:15 AM
fail.

http://www.stopsayingfail.com

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Perspective.

Tebow has half as many road wins right now as Kyle Orton had over the last 28 games.

Kyle Orton has 2 road wins in the last 28 games.

People think Tebow was bad in this game.. look at Kyle versus the Cardinals last season. Kyle is a 6 year vet... Tebow hasn't even had a decent preseason or a team built around him.

Shotgun Willie
10-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Honest question: how many more weeks in a row of suckage would it take before the blaming of anyone and everyone but Tebow and the "well, Dan Marino sucked in his __th outing of his rookie year too" posts stop and we all just accept reality?

McDman
10-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Quit comparing Tebow and Orton. Orton is no good and maybe 1% here didn't want him to be benched. Everyone here knows Orton sucks, it does nothing for Tebow to compare the two.

Kaylore
10-31-2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.stopsayingfail.com

This is colloquial now. No one says this to be clever anymore.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Come on, Kyle. Yes it's bad. If the play continues at this level, Tebow will definitely fit the N(ot)F(or)L(ong) acronym pretty quickly.

But he's still never laid a 14 Passer Rating 0 TD 5 INT stinker like you did your rookie year. And you still managed to convince people you were a viable NFL option for several years. :)

I just want to see SOME improvement from him. SOME. ANY. A little. Just a tiny bit.

And no, going against Detroit's second stringers playing prevent at the end of the game doesn't count. What was Tim's passer rating in the first half?

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 10:41 AM
I think his future could well hinge on how he looks against the Raiders and Chiefs coming up.

If he wins both looking decent, Tebowmania is back in full swing. If he loses one or both, but looks decent, the verdict will still be out.

If he loses either or both and looks like he did yesterday,.. hard to see how he comes back.

And hopefully those two teams aren't able to make our line look as silly as Detroit's did on Sunday.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Honest question: how many more weeks in a row of suckage would it take before the blaming of anyone and everyone but Tebow and the "well, Dan Marino sucked in his __th outing of his rookie year too" posts stop and we all just accept reality?

I'd love an answer to this as well.

This is a college drop out saying "Yeah, well, you know, Bill Gates dropped out of college, and he changed the world, so clearly I'll be fine."

In other words, it's ****ing retarded. And I'd slap the **** out of that kid.

teknic
10-31-2011, 10:51 AM
I just want to see SOME improvement from him. SOME. ANY. A little. Just a tiny bit.

And no, going against Detroit's second stringers playing prevent at the end of the game doesn't count. What was Tim's passer rating in the first half?

No you don't. You want Tebow to fail. Your posts are incredibly transparent.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
No you don't. You want Tebow to fail. Your posts are incredibly transparent.

Thanks for telling me what I want, person who doesn't know me and has never met me and has no idea what he's talking about. Good insight.

I want the Broncos to succeed, see? And in order for that to happen, the quarterback has to succeed. The two are related. Tim Tebow is the quarterback.

Now, using your powers of deductive reasoning, tell me how all that equals "LOLZ U JUS' WANT TBOW TO FAIL!"

Moron.

Arkie
10-31-2011, 10:57 AM

More than one.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Quit comparing Tebow and Orton. Orton is no good and maybe 1% here didn't want him to be benched. Everyone here knows Orton sucks, it does nothing for Tebow to compare the two.

I disagree.. Orton may have sucked but he was a starter for years.. Tebow's style may look ugly but he isn't worse than Kyle who got many many chances.

Most QBs in the NFL are like Kyle.. game managers who don't have the capability to dominate like Tebow. They put up pretty numbers and have pretty mechanics but are actually worse.

That is the point.

Tebow is just scratching the surface of his potential too.

broncocalijohn
10-31-2011, 11:12 AM

There is noooo way we pull the plug on Tebow. He is a fighter and knows if he wants to continue as QB, he needs to see his weaknesses have been exposed and he needs to correct them. Nobody should be sacked that many times unless they are in a wheelchair. We are not going anywhere division-wise so keep playing him. He has at least 3 games to go unless there is no improvement in the next two games. If we see Quinn suited up instead of being in street clothes, it is getting close to the end for Tebow.

McDman
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
I disagree.. Orton may have sucked but he was a starter for years.. Tebow's style may look ugly but he isn't worse than Kyle who got many many chances.

Most QBs in the NFL are like Kyle.. game managers who don't have the capability to dominate like Tebow. They put up pretty numbers and have pretty mechanics but are actually worse.

That is the point.

Tebow is just scratching the surface of his potential too.

Yeah, because he has definitely dominated thus far.

Archer81
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Some things cannot be defended. The entire team, from coaching staff to the 53rd player blew goats yesterday. And they all seemed to enjoy it.

:Broncos:

Drek
10-31-2011, 11:16 AM

I blame anyone and everyone including Tebow.

Whole organization sucks. At least Tebow wants to do something about it as fast as possible and is doing everything he can to that end. More than it seems like 90% of the club ownership on down is doing.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
There is noooo way we pull the plug on Tebow. He is a fighter and knows if he wants to continue as QB, he needs to see his weaknesses have been exposed and he needs to correct them. Nobody should be sacked that many times unless they are in a wheelchair. We are not going anywhere division-wise so keep playing him. He has at least 3 games to go unless there is no improvement in the next two games. If we see Quinn suited up instead of being in street clothes, it is getting close to the end for Tebow.

Never said they were pulling the plug. I don't think they are, or should.

jhns
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM

Considering he is the only other option, I don't see a better player to compare him to.

zdoor
10-31-2011, 11:46 AM
The team looked ugly, Tebow looked ugly and the D was terrible. But, IMO I thought Tebow was better this game than Miami but not by much. The drops, and pass rush killed him and the Offense. Seemed like any confidence they/he had was gone after the 4th drive. I didn't think his throws were as bad as the Phins game. Still far from good enough though. Regardless, he stays the starter for at least another game and if he improves at all will likely keep getting the nod. We're not going anywhere and if its not Tebow next year it's a guy not on the team. Orton still sucks and Quinn???

DBroncos4life
10-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Its not like the Lions were coming off the worst season in NFL history or anything like that.

jhns
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Its not like the Lions were coming off the worst season in NFL history or anything like that.

Denver was the second worst team in the league last season...

broncocalijohn
10-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Never said they were pulling the plug. I don't think they are, or should.

You do realize that when someone quotes your post, it might mean they are adding to it, agreeing with it and not necessarily disagreeing with it? I would think you would know this on how long you have been here. Then again, most have been disagreeing with you concerning Kyle Orton.

DBroncos4life
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Denver was the second worst team in the league last season...

The Lions team was the worst team in the history of the ****ing NFL. I don't care if Denver was the second worst team last year. It sure as hell wasn't one of the top 5 worst teams ever. I know you can't grasp that fact.

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
The Lions were 6-10 last year. They had twice as many W's as we did. Their 0-16 year was 2008 (Shanahan's last year for some perspective)

Needless to say they're not the same Lions, and top to bottom are a better team right now than our Broncos.

bendog
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
The Lions team was the worst team in the history of the ****ing NFL. I don't care if Denver was the second worst team last year. It sure as hell wasn't one of the top 5 worst teams ever. I know you can't grasp that fact.

McDaniels just didn't have enough time.

DBroncos4life
10-31-2011, 12:09 PM
The Lions were 6-10 last year. They had twice as many W's as we did. Their 0-16 year was 2008 (Shanahan's last year for some perspective)

Needless to say they're not the same Lions, and top to bottom are a better team right now than our Broncos.

Stafford took over a team that finished with the worst record in NFL history. What did you expect his stats to look like?

DBroncos4life
10-31-2011, 12:11 PM
McDaniels just didn't have enough time.

I'm not sure about that LOL!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM
You do realize that when someone quotes your post, it might mean they are adding to it, agreeing with it and not necessarily disagreeing with it? I would think you would know this on how long you have been here. Then again, most have been disagreeing with you concerning Kyle Orton.

You do realize that I could have been clarifying my position on the matter? Just to be sure nobody thinks I was saying something I wasn't?

You've been around here long enough to know that it happens all the time.

Tombstone RJ
10-31-2011, 12:24 PM

somehow this just doesn't make me feel better. sorry.

jhns
10-31-2011, 12:29 PM

Both started for horrible teams. Stafford had much better talent around him on offense. Calvin Johnson, by himself, is better than every offensive weapon Tebow has to work with.

I do like your excuse though. Starting with this franchises worst ever team is so much better than starting with a last place team! I mean, second to last is just a whole other level of greatness!

DBroncos4life
10-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Both started for horrible teams. Stafford had much better talent around him on offense. Calvin Johnson, by himself, is better than every offensive weapon Tebow has to work with.

I do like your excuse though. Starting with this franchises worst ever team is so much better than starting with a last place team! I mean, second to last is just a whole other level of greatness!

That Lions team was so loaded with talent it couldn't win a game.

jhns
10-31-2011, 12:34 PM
That Lions team was so loaded with talent it couldn't win a game.

So you don't think coaching has anything to do with it? Or that it takes more than some offensive talent?

Great argument.

vonqkilla
10-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Lions d line made brady look really,bad too. TT needs to settle down and so does everyone else.

Looking forward to Sunday!

It would be easier if the coaches would commit to him for the rest of the year, so everyone in the lockerroom realizes this is what is up, deal with it.

bendog
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Lions d line made brady look really,bad too. TT needs to settle down and so does everyone else.

Looking forward to Sunday!

It would be easier if the coaches would commit to him for the rest of the year, so everyone in the lockerroom realizes this is what is up, deal with it.

Well, if you have archived video, and go to around 8:30 in the second qtr, Den was still in the game 10-3, and Tebow has 1-1 coverage 3rd and 6, with Decker and somebody else on the left side, and he doesn't lead Decker. That was pretty much the game as Schefler scored on the Lion's ensuign series. And the series before that was worse, the Lions blitzed the house on 3rd and 7, and Tebow locked onto somene running deep down the middle, which is not going to work on a blitz, and he didn't look to his left for the WR who ran an out and was open. It's at about 2:30 to go in the first qtr. Did he never see the blitz? The Lions brought five with another guy on a delay. If he sees five, either unload it or get on your horse.

extralife
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
at some point people have to use their eyes, and using my eyes I say you can compare X start to X great QB all you damn well want,Tebow doesn't have a prayer in hell of being an above average starting NFL QB.

quick someone come in here and talk to me about Steve Young and Bill Walsh to try to make me feel better

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM

If we're trying to get apples to apples, we should wonder how Stafford would've looked had they up and traded Megatron five games into the season, ala Lloyd.

Dedhed
10-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Perspective is not allowed where Tebow is concerned.

Dedhed
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
If we're trying to get apples to apples, we should wonder how Stafford would've looked had they up and traded Megatron five games into the season, ala Lloyd.

Yeah, because Lloyd and Megatron are both apples, right?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Perspective is not allowed where Tebow is concerned.

lol

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah, because Lloyd and Megatron are both apples, right?

Course not. But taking out any young qb's #1 target midseason is going to make his life a lot more difficult. We took the best piece of our dismal 2010 team and chucked it out the window and then expect miracles.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
The team looked ugly, Tebow looked ugly and the D was terrible. But, IMO I thought Tebow was better this game than Miami but not by much. The drops, and pass rush killed him and the Offense. Seemed like any confidence they/he had was gone after the 4th drive. I didn't think his throws were as bad as the Phins game. Still far from good enough though. Regardless, he stays the starter for at least another game and if he improves at all will likely keep getting the nod. We're not going anywhere and if its not Tebow next year it's a guy not on the team. Orton still sucks and Quinn???

Teams are realizing more and more that Tebow is the only threat on the team. The receivers are horrible.. and they lost their best receiver and best runner.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, because he has definitely dominated thus far.

When the coaches let him play his game he dominates.. especially when they do n't take away his best receiver and injure his best runner by running him into the ground...

bendog
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Course not. But taking out any young qb's #1 target midseason is going to make his life a lot more difficult. We took the best piece of our dismal 2010 team and chucked it out the window and then expect miracles.

Lloyd's qb comments before the season and his trade coming just after Orton was pulled and Tebow installed are perhaps not coincidental.

vonqkilla
10-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Bendog, totally agree, lead him right so he can shield ball, poor throw there by TT. Elway made some poor throws too, but at least it looked good!

TT is failing the eye test. Badly.

Turd_Ferguson
10-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Perspective.

Tebow has half as many road wins right now as Kyle Orton had over the last 28 games.

Kyle Orton has 2 road wins in the last 28 games.

People think Tebow was bad in this game.. look at Kyle versus the Cardinals last season. Kyle is a 6 year vet... Tebow hasn't even had a decent preseason or a team built around him.

So your excuse for Tebow being physically incapable of playing quarterback in the NFL is that Kyle Orton sucks? Nice...

extralife
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Teams are realizing more and more that Tebow is the only threat on the team.

Teams? You mean like the team that just publicly came out and said our QB is an embarrassment to the game of football, and that his lack of ability made the game "boring" for those tasked with stopping him from "dominating?" Teams like that one?

jhns
10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Lloyd's qb comments before the season and his trade coming just after Orton was pulled and Tebow installed are perhaps not coincidental.

Except Lloyd was crying to the media a week before Orton was benched.

What does this have to do with the talent argument though? You are just pointing out front office failures and helping the point that was being made. No front office has ever been successful when letting players dictate what happens with the roster. Not one.

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 01:48 PM

I'd say the timing had more to do with the trade deadline that week rather than whether Orton or Tebow was starting.

vonqkilla
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
When the coaches let him play his game he dominates.. especially when they do n't take away his best receiver and injure his best runner by running him into the ground...

Im no addict, but denial is one step in there.

Dedhed
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
That Lions team was so loaded with talent it couldn't win a game.And yet, Stafford is still their starter. How could that be?

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Perspective:

Imagine if the Broncos actually BUILT the team around Tebow's abilities.. Imagine if the Broncos had coaches that actually KNEW how to coach him... Tebow has dominated at times even WITHOUT this...

Imagine if Tebow had a full off season training without a lockout...

Imagine if Tebow's coaches and front office didn't hang him out to dry publicly..

It amazes me how people don't get all this.

Swap Tebow and Cam Newton and I guarantee you Cam would be called a bust now and Tebow would look even better than Cam.. he would have won those games not just put up empty numbers.

How can people not look at the Panthers offense and realize Fox ran that team into the ground?

Turd_Ferguson
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Here's some perspective.. From my perspective watching that game Tebow looked so bad i started feeling sorry for him. If you had a Goalie in hockey and he gave up 6 goals you pull him and end the embarrassment.. He's real bad. Some times i couldnt tell who he was throwing the ball to. That one play he threw it to Decker I think but it ended up hitting Royal. Or maybe he was throwing to Royal and hit Decker hard to say.. I can't blame the coaching staff for letting him suffer through that though when Orton is the back up and Quinn is in street clothes.. What other option do they have?

Turd_Ferguson
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Perspective:

Imagine if the Broncos actually BUILT the team around Tebow's abilities.. Imagine if the Broncos had coaches that actually KNEW how to coach him... Tebow has dominated at times even WITHOUT this...

Imagine if Tebow had a full off season training without a lockout...

Imagine if Tebow's coaches and front office didn't hang him out to dry publicly..

It amazes me how people don't get all this.

Swap Tebow and Cam Newton and I guarantee you Cam would be called a bust now and Tebow would look even better than Cam.. he would have won those games not just put up empty numbers.

How can people not look at the Panthers offense and realize Fox ran that team into the ground?

Imagine if Tinkerbell and Peter Pan came to your window tonight and took you back to Never Never Land, where Tim Tebow can fly and Crow with the best of them. The lost boys miss you.

vonqkilla
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Macgruder is past denial into delirious.

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 02:23 PM
We will see who is delirious.. some other coach is going to see the unbelievably retarded job Fox is doing and they will pickup Tebow on the cheap and make this organization look like even bigger fools.

But I am sure fans will just blame Tebow for not being able to overcome the idiotic moves made by this organization.

You guys just seem to have no udnerstanding of how seemingly insiginificant coaching decisions and have a roller coaster effect positively or negatively.

For example.. when Urban Meyer hired a new QB coach when they lost their offensive coordinator his senior year he told the guy "don't screw him up" Meaning don't go crazy making changes and break something that aint broke..

Fox and company BROKE Tebow to fit him in their inept - losing - system...

Hotwheelz
10-31-2011, 02:23 PM

Two.

Slightly Soiled
10-31-2011, 02:47 PM
How many games in the last 2 season have the Broncos gotten jacked by 30+. Tebow wasn't starting all those games. I like Tebow and I want to see him do well. Fact is this offense sucked with Orton, who some people including me, thought was the problem. Well I guess I was wrong it blows even worse with a raw QB.
Go back and watch the games from last year M.C. Crap was the O cord and Tebow didn't look near this bad. Pay attention to the Houston game and from the 1st half to the 2nd half was like watching 2 different teams.

ScottXray
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Here's some perspective.. From my perspective watching that game Tebow looked so bad i started feeling sorry for him. If you had a Goalie in hockey and he gave up 6 goals you pull him and end the embarrassment.. He's real bad. Some times i couldnt tell who he was throwing the ball to. That one play he threw it to Decker I think but it ended up hitting Royal. Or maybe he was throwing to Royal and hit Decker hard to say.. I can't blame the coaching staff for letting him suffer through that though when Orton is the back up and Quinn is in street clothes.. What other option do they have?

I remember that play...hard to tell, but I think Royal was his target and Decker deflected it....result neither could make the catch. If Decker hadn't skyed for it Royal probably would have made the catch.

Similar situation on the pick 6 for 100 yards. Decker was crossing out towards post and (Royal?) was running towards the corner along the back line . He threw it right between them. Bad throw! But maybe it is not wise to have multiple receivers in the same area with him for now? ( I know he needs to make those throws but it seems he does worse with multiple receivers in the same area, and gets even less accurate)

MacGruder
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I think when you add Fox and McCoy together you get a disastrous combination.. they bring out the worst in each other.. and the worst in their QBs..

DBroncos4life
10-31-2011, 03:24 PM
And yet, Stafford is still their starter. How could that be?

They didn't win a game prior to them drafting him. We are talking about a QB drafted by a 0-16 team vs a QB drafted by a 8-8 team. There is no doubt in my mind Stafford as a rookie would have this team right now .500 or better. Tebow isn't ready and it shows. I don't know how you can argue that he is.

XtremeReaction
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
I still have hope.... The comparisons of TT to some of the best. I am in know way saying he will come close to what these guys have accomplished, but can you imagine for a minute if one of these guys were benched after five games. article (http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/10/tim-tebow-double-standard-masks-this-reality-his-start-compares-favorably-with-that-of-numerous-hall-of-fame-qbs/)

Attempted a thread for this link, but have been a lurker for awhile and just keep getting server errors....Been a noob here since 2001

extralife
10-31-2011, 04:17 PM
For example.. when Urban Meyer hired a new QB coach when they lost their offensive coordinator his senior year he told the guy "don't screw him up" Meaning don't go crazy making changes and break something that aint broke..

good for Urban Myer. I'm sure it helped him win all sorts of games at the University of Florida. unfortunately, Tim Tebow currently plays for the Denver Broncos, and the Denver Broncos play in the NFL. I wish Myer would have "screwed him up"--maybe he'd know how to throw a ****ing football by now were that the case.

Garcia Bronco
10-31-2011, 04:23 PM

And they've been drafting in the top ten for the last 15 years. Maybe not every year, the majority of the time.

excuse me while I won't give the Lions any credit for getting better after years of having access to the best talent. On top of that, It didn't take a rocket scientist to draft Suh

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2011, 09:40 PM
I still have hope.... The comparisons of TT to some of the best. I am in know way saying he will come close to what these guys have accomplished, but can you imagine for a minute if one of these guys were benched after five games. article (http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/10/tim-tebow-double-standard-masks-this-reality-his-start-compares-favorably-with-that-of-numerous-hall-of-fame-qbs/)

Attempted a thread for this link, but have been a lurker for awhile and just keep getting server errors....Been a noob here since 2001

Nice. Just repeating your link again because it's totally worth the read.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/10/tim-tebow-double-standard-masks-this-reality-his-start-compares-favorably-with-that-of-numerous-hall-of-fame-qbs/

hookemhess
10-31-2011, 10:07 PM
I think when you add Fox and McCoy together you get a disastrous combination.. they bring out the worst in each other.. and the worst in their QBs..

Why exactly? Or is this just another one of your mindless conjectures?

jhns
11-01-2011, 05:56 AM
They didn't win a game prior to them drafting him. We are talking about a QB drafted by a 0-16 team vs a QB drafted by a 8-8 team. There is no doubt in my mind Stafford as a rookie would have this team right now .500 or better. Tebow isn't ready and it shows. I don't know how you can argue that he is.

LOL

Tebow did not take over an 8-8 team. You are a clown. Stafford, who didn't play better with more weapons, would win a ton more games?

LOL...

Ray Finkle
11-01-2011, 06:01 AM
I remember that play...hard to tell, but I think Royal was his target and Decker deflected it....result neither could make the catch. If Decker hadn't skyed for it Royal probably would have made the catch.

Similar situation on the pick 6 for 100 yards. Decker was crossing out towards post and (Royal?) was running towards the corner along the back line . He threw it right between them. Bad throw! But maybe it is not wise to have multiple receivers in the same area with him for now? ( I know he needs to make those throws but it seems he does worse with multiple receivers in the same area, and gets even less accurate)

That was DT in the back of the endzone, that was just a horrible pass.

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Why exactly? Or is this just another one of your mindless conjectures?

Because they are too conservative.. put them together and they make each other more conservative. This makes them very predictable and helps opposing defenses..

Perspective -

Tebow faced the toughest defenses the Broncos had faced this season.. and he did it with no prep.. without his best receiver and runner... and in a system that doesn't fit him at all..

Imagine if Orton had been facing the Lions D under those circumstances.. Orton would have gotten killed/injured and probably blown out worse.

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 12:27 PM
good for Urban Myer. I'm sure it helped him win all sorts of games at the University of Florida. unfortunately, Tim Tebow currently plays for the Denver Broncos, and the Denver Broncos play in the NFL. I wish Myer would have "screwed him up"--maybe he'd know how to throw a ****ing football by now were that the case.

Dead wrong as usual..

If the Broncos hadn't messed with Tebow's mechanics SO MUCH.. he would likely be fine.. plus if they even remotely tried to play to Tebow's strngths or built the team around him at all.

alkemical
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/amesj523/index.jpg

bendog
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Dead wrong as usual..

If the Broncos hadn't messed with Tebow's mechanics SO MUCH.. he would likely be fine.. plus if they even remotely tried to play to Tebow's strngths or built the team around him at all.

five wide and no te or running back. I weep.

broncocalijohn
11-01-2011, 12:47 PM

I know what play and believe it was the 4th quarter or late 3rd. He missed the first guy coming across which would have been an easy 3rd down conversion. Lynch and Stockton didnt see it quite that way but it seemed obvious. Horrible pass! Problem since the Miami game is that every team is going to stack the box and unless he can break it, he is going to suck big time. They dont respect his ability to throw for anything but an incomplete pass.

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 01:08 PM
You know what is funny? And why Tebow looks so bad...

Because the coaches have FORCED him to be Orton.. and that isn't who he is..

Imagine if the coaches forced Orton to try to play like Tebow.. that would end even more disastrously...

bendog
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
You know what is funny? And why Tebow looks so bad...

Because the coaches have FORCED him to be Orton.. and that isn't who he is..

Imagine if the coaches forced Orton to try to play like Tebow.. that would end even more disastrously...

Could someone please explain to me what motivates mcgruders somewhat scary view of Tebow?

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Could someone please explain to me what motivates mcgruders somewhat scary view of Tebow?

Try watching guys actually play.. you see the people who watched him saying the same thing.. even Skip Bayless.. You know why? Because Skip actually watches the games.. He watched Tebow all through college.. it's really not complicated..

extralife
11-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Macgruder appeals to skip bayless as authority and talent evaluator extraordinaire. alright, now we know you're a nutbag.

maven
11-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Try watching guys actually play.. you see the people who watched him saying the same thing.. even Skip Bayless.. You know why? Because Skip actually watches the games.. He watched Tebow all through college.. it's really not complicated..

Tebow sucks. Have fun moving to his next team.

MacGruder
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM

He's a rookie playing in an entirely different system.. WTF did you expect?

You know who sucks? John Fox.. and Elway sucks even worse for picking him.

I can change teams... Tebow can change teams... you are stuck with Elway..

He will probably be worse than Michael Jordan as a GM... LOL

And when it happens remember I told ya so..

Do you guys not even realize how well Tebow has played since he has been playing in the NFL? And how much pressure he has had on him? How opposing teams are GUNNING for him so much.. how his game has been analyzed so publicly like no one before.. how he dominated just on raw talent and in spite of coaches screwing him up since he entered the NFL.

If Tebow was so bad he would have gotten lambasted like this long ago... he had one bad game in which his coaches were more to blame than anyone.

Keep knee jerking though.. it's entertaining..

bendog
11-01-2011, 01:47 PM

I just don't understand the Tebow love anymore than Tebow hate. Warren Moon went to Canada, and after the last two games I'm thinking that would have been in Tebow's best interests too. Although Moon was limited in college experience because of racism unlike Tebow, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the kid just needs to play in a non-meyer offense.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I just don't understand the Tebow love anymore than Tebow hate. Warren Moon went to Canada, and after the last two games I'm thinking that would have been in Tebow's best interests too. Although Moon was limited in college experience because of racism unlike Tebow, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the kid just needs to play in a non-meyer offense.

It's not racism. It's the anti-Christian media!

MacGruder
11-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Look at this game Colt McCoy had at the end of last season.. and he got a lot of reps and had Hillis.. and they built their system around him the next season.

Ravens
C. McCoy 15/29 149yards 5.1avg 0Tds 3 INTs 27.0 passer rating

Next game versus Pittsburg

C. McCoy 20/41 209yards 5.1avg 1TDs 3INTs 41.6 passer rating

Frisian
11-05-2011, 01:22 PM
I can change teams... Tebow can change teams... you are stuck with Elway..

Thanks for admitting you aren't a Bronco fan.

MacGruder
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks for admitting you aren't a Bronco fan.

So you are saying you will be a fan of a team no matter what they do and juts because i am not the same that means I'm not a real fan? lol

Where do these ideas come from?

MacGruder
11-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Matt Cassel last week versus the Raiders.. they did this to a vet.. could you imagine if Tebow had another game like this.. never heard about it with Cassel.

M. Cassel 15/30 161yards 5.4avg 0TDs 2INTs 38.3passer rating