PDA

View Full Version : Bears cut Chris Harris

ol#7
10-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Any chance Denver would be interested? Guy was a pro-bowler last year.

Archer81
10-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Angelo is tearing that team apart!

:Broncos:

Requiem
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Played under Fox. Definitely could see some interest, but we already have a lot of safeties. Lets do a Chris Harris for Chris Harris swaparooksie!

Crushaholic
10-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Played under Fox. Definitely could see some interest, but we already have a lot of safeties. Lets do a Chris Harris for Chris Harris swaparooksie!

Rock Chalk is currently sticking pins in your voodoo doll just for mentioning that...ROFL!

strafen
10-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Can he run the ball? ;D

bendog
10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Unless there's an injury, I just don't see Denver spending any money picking any veteren up. And, it's not just cheapness. They're on a "mission (-:) to get younger.

Crushaholic
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Unless there's an injury, I just don't see Denver spending any money picking any veteren up. And, it's not just cheapness. They're on a "mission (-:) to get younger.

We have Tebow. Would that be a "mission from God"? :clown:

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 11:42 AM

Harris>Wilhite

ol#7
10-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Harris>Wilhite

Thats sorta what I was thinking. Plus this is the last year of Dawkins I am sure.

bendog
10-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Well, there's that. Youth or not, I don't see Wilhite having a great future with Den.

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Thats sorta what I was thinking. Plus this is the last year of Dawkins I am sure.

I mean OUR Harris :)

ol#7
10-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I mean OUR Harris :)

Mrs. Harris is > than Wilhite. Guy is a complete liability when we go to any nickel package, and thats saying something for a team starting Goodman!

Plus, while his play has been high so far for the most part, Dawkins could literally fall apart at any moment.

theStifmeister
10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Don't think so. If he can't make it on the Bears secondary, how will he make it here? We've already got a liability in coverage (Dawkins). Unless we play strictly out of Nickel or Dime, this doesn't give us any value

Ray Finkle
10-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Harris>Wilhite

BUT WIHITE HAS 2 SACKS!!!!

I think they're both crap but Harris was pretty good against Miami.

ol#7
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Don't think so. If he can't make it on the Bears secondary, how will he make it here? We've already got a liability in coverage (Dawkins). Unless we play strictly out of Nickel or Dime, this doesn't give us any value

He asked for a trade before the deadline, I dont think its a matter of him not being able to stick on the bears, they started him this week against TB. I doubt he leaves the NFC though. Vikes or Lions probably take a flyer on him.

broncosteven
10-27-2011, 12:36 PM
He asked for a trade before the deadline, I dont think its a matter of him not being able to stick on the bears, they started him this week against TB. I doubt he leaves the NFC though. Vikes or Lions probably take a flyer on him.

I didn't see the duh bears vs Tampa game but the week before they benched both starting safety's. Harris has been up and down his entire career. duh bears have been looking for a safety since Mike Brown left.

I would say no to picking him up. If he can't get in position in duh bears relatively simple Cover 2 I don't see him being able to get into position in our more complex D.

Rolandftw
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I'd be ok giving him a shot. Think he could sign in KC or somewhere that really needs safety help.

Agamemnon
10-27-2011, 04:11 PM
I would think he'd be better than Dawkins in coverage. I can't imagine he could be worse...

MABroncoFan
10-27-2011, 07:28 PM
rotoworld

Former Bears SS Chris Harris would like to end up with the Broncos or Panthers if he goes unclaimed on waivers.
Harris played for Broncos coach John Fox in Carolina from 2007-2009, and maintains a good relationshiop with former Bears DC and current Panthers coach Ron Rivera. Both teams have younger secondaries and struggling run defenses, though if they really want Harris they will likely put in a waiver claim. A liability in pass coverage, interest in Harris is unlikely to be robust. Related: Broncos, PanthersSource: Chicago Tribune Oct 27 - 6:33 PM

Agamemnon
10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
rotoworld

Former Bears SS Chris Harris would like to end up with the Broncos or Panthers if he goes unclaimed on waivers.
Harris played for Broncos coach John Fox in Carolina from 2007-2009, and maintains a good relationshiop with former Bears DC and current Panthers coach Ron Rivera. Both teams have younger secondaries and struggling run defenses, though if they really want Harris they will likely put in a waiver claim. A liability in pass coverage, interest in Harris is unlikely to be robust. Related: Broncos, PanthersSource: Chicago Tribune Oct 27 - 6:33 PM

The question of claiming him will depend a lot on his current contract I would imagine. But the guy is still pretty young, and we have pretty much nothing at safety outside of Dawkins (who is probably done after this year) when it comes to proven players. Seems like a move that would help us, at least a little bit.

cutthemdown
10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Broncos need safetys who can run and cover, pass on this guy. We need to stay the course, get younger, get faster, get better, then win.

We are already getting a little better. Broncos may be able to hit FA a bit more next yr, have another good draft, and maybe we can get younger and more talented.

Swedish Extrovert
10-27-2011, 08:39 PM

A break from the usual with John Fox, no?

Kaylore
10-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Pass. Stay young and give the reps to someone who will be here next year.

Ray Finkle
10-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Pass. Stay young and give the reps to someone who will be here next year.

he's been pretty bad in coverage....I agree.

TonyR
10-28-2011, 07:46 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3346972&postcount=2951

He's 29, not all that old. If he's better than somebody currently on the roster then make the move. If not, dont.

MABroncoFan
10-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Chris Harris will be in Denver this weekend apparently ... as a Lion.

Doggcow
10-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Chris Harris will be in Denver this weekend apparently ... as a Lion.

OH SHUCKS

Kaylore
10-28-2011, 01:29 PM
The Lions are desperate to not implode. This is one of those "do anything to no suck" move. See also: Denver signing Simeon Rice.