PDA

View Full Version : Broncos value

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 05:45 AM
I am curious to see how Tebow and the massive free media exposure to the Broncos orgnization has contributed to the value of the orgnaization.

From jersies sold. Now this week they have a national game on Fox against the Lions.

I can assure you if the Lions were playing the Browns, it would not be a national attraction. Remember McCoy is their QB and they have Hillis?

Having said that, when does Bowlen let it be known. A quote like this, "Listen, you may not feel he is what a QB is Fox, but I just would like you to know something. You better do everything in your power to make him a success here! Cause if he goes to another team, and that team makes an offense that he is obviously better at running, and he becomes a star, I will make it my lifes ambition to see I have your balls pickled in a jar!"

tsiguy96
10-27-2011, 05:52 AM
threatening a football coach will almost assuredly get you no where.

UberBroncoMan
10-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Bowlen hasn't been deciding the future of this team (outside of budget) for a while now...and when the CBA kicks in forcing teams to spend most of their cap, that will be out as well.

Blueflame
10-27-2011, 06:05 AM
We needed a new thread for this discussion? ??? (wtf?)

ColoradoDarin
10-27-2011, 06:09 AM

Need MOAR Tebow threads!

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 06:14 AM
I didnt see a thread addressing the Broncos value and the effects that may have with Bowlen.

Can some of you let me know what I am allowed to post here. The last thing I want to do is offend all of your little delicate sensibilities.

Then again, like I said on other posts. I dont care one bit how much I offend anyone.

Blueflame
10-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Dude there were 10 other Tebow threads on Page One before you made this one. I can't imagine that discussion of the thought of marketing Tebow has never come up before (it has).

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Dude there were 10 other Tebow threads on Page One before you made this one. I can't imagine that discussion of the thought of marketing Tebow has never come up before (it has).

There are other ones about Tebow, but not another one about the effect of the value the massive media exposure has on the innate value of the franchise? No, there isnt.

I know that hasnt occurred to you. It is more about how the increase in innate value effects Bowlen and his decision process, than it does with the playing performance of Tebow.

The subject of the thread is the value and Bowlen. If you have a problem with Tebow threads on a Bronco message board, I would suggest you get off Bronco message boards and find another hobby.

Nevetheless, the question remains. How has Tebow effected the innate value of the franchise? Anyone know? Like I said the Broncos are a perpetual national story. It isnt because of Von Miller.

Since we all know the NFL is a business, this subject is worthy of discussion. Dont like? Like I said, go find another hobby.

Drunk Monkey
10-27-2011, 06:39 AM
National Game??? I get the pleasure of watching Buffalo and Washington this week.

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 06:42 AM
National Game??? I get the pleasure of watching Buffalo and Washington this week.

The Detroit Denver game is a national game on Fox for those not in the viewing areas.

That is what was announced. They just discussed it on NFL Network.

Ray Finkle
10-27-2011, 06:49 AM

that's going to be a barn burner....the talk here in DC is how Beck is going to be unleashed and this game is the stepping stone to a title....

I'm really not kidding about that....

Play2win
10-27-2011, 07:33 AM
I get the game OMG! OMG!! OMFG!!! I can't believe it!!!

I live in Florida and I actually get the game. I can't believe it!!

Maybe I won't Hate Florida so much this week. Well, no Florida still sucks swamp balls... But I get the Game!!!

jhns
10-27-2011, 07:39 AM

Dude feels his opinions are important. He starts a new thread for everything he has to say.

Play2win
10-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Dude feels his opinions are important. He starts a new thread for everything he has to say.

The ironic thing is the ones who feel their opinions are the most important and worthy, generally get put on ignore by the general populous the quickest, leaving them (their opinions) to be little more than trees falling in the forest.

Kaylore
10-27-2011, 07:55 AM
threatening a football coach will almost assuredly fulfill all your wildest dreams.
FYP.

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Once again:

Everytime Tebow sells a million jerseys, the Broncos make just as much money off of it as the Dallas Cowboys, Cardinals, Dolphins, etc

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Once again:

Everytime Tebow sells a million jerseys, the Broncos make just as much money off of it as the Dallas Cowboys, Cardinals, Dolphins, etc

However, the valuation of a franchise does increase. The owners make their boat loads based on the capital gains and those valuations.

Bowlen has been rather frugal in a lot of ways due to the fact he has had a hard time selling the sky boxes.

Players and national exposure often contributes to a franchise increasing its value. Look at the decline in value of the Cavaliers when Lebron left, and you will get a better idea as to why the owner was as bitter as he was about losing Lebron.

A player can and does effect that value of a franchise. It is that simple. I had a hard time believing the owners were losing all that much money. Considering even a team like the Jaguars grew in valuation close to 700% since 1995.

The overall point is a player can and does contribute significantly to the increas in valuation. The concern of Bowlen would be this. If Tebow does go to another franchise and an offense is designed where he thrives. That is something I am certain he would consider. It is at the very least something Elway should consider.

Drunk Monkey
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
that's going to be a barn burner....the talk here in DC is how Beck is going to be unleashed and this game is the stepping stone to a title....

I'm really not kidding about that....

I still don't feel any better about that game.... One more week of Red Zone on TV and a crappy feed on my laptop.

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
I still don't feel any better about that game.... One more week of Red Zone on TV and a crappy feed on my laptop.

You are in Texas. Are you in the Dallas viewing area?

bendog
10-27-2011, 11:48 AM
unleash beck? Is that like when I unleash my springer spaniel in the front yard, and he takes off in mad dash running around the 1/3 mile circle we live on to come back from the other direction than the one he took off on, runs through the garage into the house to his water bowl, laps it dry, spilling half on the floor, and collapses on his side panting?

Archer81
10-27-2011, 11:50 AM
I didnt see a thread addressing the Broncos value and the effects that may have with Bowlen.

Can some of you let me know what I am allowed to post here. The last thing I want to do is offend all of your little delicate sensibilities.

Then again, like I said on other posts. I dont care one bit how much I offend anyone.

Yet you post this response.

The hug offer still stands.

:Broncos:

bendog
10-27-2011, 11:52 AM
And be assured, few care if they offend you for being an idiot.

Drunk Monkey
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
You are in Texas. Are you in the Dallas viewing area?

Yes and yes, this is what I have been using as a refrence http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk8.html please tell me it's wrong.

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Yes and yes, this is what I have been using as a refrence http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk8.html please tell me it's wrong.

Yeah, I figured. If you are in the Cowboys viewing area they will televise that game. I was talking about what NFL Network was talking about this morning.

The Detroit Denver game is has become a "national game." Meaning they are televising it in areas that are outside NFL markets.

I just found it interesting. I am also wondering how much the franchise will rise in value as a result of all the media exposure.

It is an issue.

BlueandOrange32
10-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Screw this ****ing board and forum. All of you go **** yourselves.

Requiem
10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Do the Broncos value Chris Harris? Former Fox player. OIYA?

Dedhed
10-27-2011, 12:07 PM

I noticed you didn't say anything like this in the "Tebow!" thread that Rohirrim started, even though that thread clearly offers far less chance for new discussion than this one. Why is is that?

jhns
10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I noticed you didn't say anything like this in the "Tebow!" thread that Rohirrim started, even though that thread clearly offers far less chance for new discussion than this one. Why is is that?

Has she even posted since that thread started?

Blueflame
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM

You can only repeat the same stuff so many times when talking about a single player. If a thread title has the word "Tebow" in it... and isn't posted on game day, it's probably nothing new. This thread says "Broncos"... but isn't about any Bronco except Tebow.

Roh's thread (that I haven't opened yet) probably is mocking the recent trend of "all Tebow all the time".

bendog
10-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I get the game OMG! OMG!! OMFG!!! I can't believe it!!!

I live in Florida and I actually get the game. I can't believe it!!

Maybe I won't Hate Florida so much this week. Well, no Florida still sucks swamp balls... But I get the Game!!!

This.

Blueflame
10-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Has she even posted since that thread started?

No, Roh's thread was posted after I logged off... so Dedhed was essentially asking me why I hadn't posted in a thread that didn't yet exist when I was online earlier.