PDA

View Full Version : Lions QB Stafford pessimistic about playing Sunday

Drunk Monkey
10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford(notes) has a sprained right ankle, thanks to linebacker Curtis Lofton(notes) rolling into his right leg on the team's final offensive play of Sunday's 23-16 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. He sounds doubtful that he'd be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Denver Broncos, according to the Detroit Free Press.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Lions-QB-Stafford-pessimistic-about-playing-Sund?urn=nfl-411225

Good News

KO5K
10-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Good stuff!

Conklin
10-26-2011, 09:54 AM
get the cart!

DenverBroncosJM
10-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Who is the back up Kitna?

55CrushEm
10-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Where's Bobo with the "Stay down bitch!" ?

Kid A
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
As it was prophesied, The Tebow Effect:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3332407&postcount=1

BroncoInferno
10-26-2011, 10:00 AM

Shaun Hill. He's actually pretty solid for a backup:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillSh00.htm

vonqkilla
10-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Hes playing, you kidding me. Hopefully gimpy, but stafford is a tough as nails.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 10:03 AM

Um, what?

DrFate
10-26-2011, 10:07 AM

For Dallas, yes

Pick Six
10-26-2011, 10:08 AM

Is that who the defense is going to turn into a temporary HOF QB? Gotcha...

Dedhed
10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
I would rather face a wounded and, hopefully, less effective Stafford than an angry team rallying around a competent backup.

Drunk Monkey
10-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Hopefully this means Megatron only goes for 100yds and 1 TD.

DarkHorse
10-26-2011, 10:26 AM

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/102804/102804,1189404863,3/stock-photo-tight-focus-on-the-head-of-a-rusty-nail-in-an-old-piece-of-wood-5235094.jpg

vonqkilla
10-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Cant help typos from phone.

He will play.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM

This ^

Shaun Hill is no joke.

bronco militia
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Lions' QB Stafford practicing following ankle injury
By NOAH TRISTER AP Sports Writer
Posted: 10/26/2011 10:09:17 AM MDT
Updated: 10/26/2011 10:24:40 AM MDT

ALLEN PARK, Mich.—Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford is able to practice following his right ankle injury last weekend, although backup Shaun Hill took some snaps with the first team Wednesday.
Stafford was hurt toward the end of Sunday's 23-16 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. Coach Jim Schwartz said Monday he was day-to-day as the team began preparing for next weekend's game at Denver.

Stafford was on the field with his helmet on and his footwork looked fine as he participated in throwing drills Wednesday, although he wasn't required to move around much during the portion of practice open to reporters. He was able to jog in short stretches.

He played in only three games last season because of shoulder problems, but Stafford got off to a brilliant start this season.

Read more: Lions' QB Stafford practicing following ankle injury - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19197367#ixzz1buFFSQMB
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

crush17
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Stafford will play.

cmhargrove
10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Paging Von Miller..... There is a gimpy QB in your next game... Paging Von Miller...

Drunk Monkey
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Paging Von Miller..... There is a gimpy QB in your next game... Paging Von Miller...

Maybe a gimpy Doom can get a gimpy Stafford.

Chris
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM

Someone needs to make the bat signal with a big V on it.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Stafford has never played an entire season. Can someone explain where he developed the reputation as an iron man? Even money is on him not playing.

vonqkilla
10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Stafford has never played an entire season. Can someone explain where he developed the reputation as an iron man? Even money is on him not playing.

Youtube stafford micd up browns

DarkHorse
10-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Youtube can't change the fact that they guy hasn't played an entire season in the NFL yet.

He's the white Bob Sanders

bowtown
10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Youtube can't change the fact that they guy hasn't played an entire season in the NFL yet.

Or the smart Peyton Hillis.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Would rather face wounded Stafford than healthy Hill, personally.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Or the smart Peyton Hillis.

When we signed Tony Hills, Elway thought he was bringing back Peyton Hillis.

vonqkilla
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM

My point is a tweaked ankle compared to a separated shoulder he played through, he's playing.

bowtown
10-26-2011, 12:08 PM
When we signed Tony Hills, Elway thought he was bringing back Peyton Hillis.

LOL

gyldenlove
10-26-2011, 12:08 PM

I would really prefer Stafford to start and then get knocked out - if the Lions prepare with Stafford starting and the lose him it will put them at a disadvantage.

DarkHorse
10-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Maybe. Lions have a bye next week, they could choose to sit him against a poor Denver team so that he heals up.

vonqkilla
10-26-2011, 12:11 PM

X 2. Hill fires the rock around, no second thoughts. 81 rating last year, and finds megatron when in doubt.

ColoradoDarin
10-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I would rather face a wounded and, hopefully, less effective Stafford than an angry team rallying around a competent backup.

This.

Popps
10-26-2011, 12:13 PM
I've always thought Hill looked pretty solid. I also work with a couple of rabid Lion's fans... and one of the two actually thinks at this point they might have a better chance of winning with Hill. He says Stafford has been shaky at best the last two weeks. So, I'm leaning towards just wanting Stafford in there.

Plus, when was the last time we played well against a team's back-up?

DarkHorse
10-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Interesting poll idea - will Knowsho get 50 yards rushing versus this Detroit D?

Hmmmm

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 12:16 PM
If I'm the Lions, Stafford sits to heal up for the rest of the season and hill takes all the reps in practice.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 12:19 PM
If I'm the Lions, Stafford sits to heal up for the rest of the season and hill takes all the reps in practice.

If I'm the Lions, I pay a local Denver guy to put up "PLAY ORTON" billboards.

strafen
10-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Food for thought...
The line opened up Detroit by -3
Interesting. I would've thought they'd be favorites by at least 10 points...
Hmm?! :D

Right now, there's no line until Straford's status becomes more clear...

ColoradoDarin
10-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Who was the QB that lit us up a few years ago in Detroit? Was that Hill?

Looked it up, it was Kitna.

vonqkilla
10-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Interesting poll idea - will Knowsho get 50 yards rushing versus this Detroit D?

Hmmmm

Im starting dets d this week.

Tebow has had quite a few passes that hit grass due to hits that are due for pick sixes. The ? on Moreno is really about the oline, who has stepped up in run blocking big time since week one. Improving each week. If Det goes wide 9 De technique, Clady sends Vandenbosch left, Beadles tries to get Corey Williams right or just contained, Kupe pulls for counter 33 or 35. SF used it alot, but in red zone it took a great throw from Smith to score. Look for that on 1st down. KM gotta be patient, and THEN explode.

MplsBronco
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Anyone else feel like our fortunes with the football gods is changing? It just seems like our luck has been atrocious for years (opposing kickers regularly hitting 53+ yard fgs, borderline replay reviews going against us, injuries, the ball bouncing the wrong way).

Now we recover an onside kick last week, get a turnover in overtime, Stafford may not play, DThomas's touchdown standing, etc. I think the dark clouds are lifting.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Anyone else feel like our fortunes with the football gods is changing? It just seems like our luck has been atrocious for years (opposing kickers regularly hitting 53+ yard fgs, borderline replay reviews going against us, injuries, the ball bouncing the wrong way).

Now we recover an onside kick last week, get a turnover in overtime, Stafford may not play, DThomas's touchdown standing, etc. I think the dark clouds are lifting.

We talked about this on the podcast. That win could light the team on fire and give them a lot of momentum. The crowd is going to be outstanding and the Lions are reeling. Factor in that the division is garbage and saying we could at least be in the conversation isn't a stretch.

Jetmeck
10-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Clash of the Titans.................Megatron vs Champ

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Clash of the Titans.................Megatron vs Champ

The defense should break the huddle with "Autobots: Roll-Out"

vonqkilla
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
We talked about this on the podcast. That win could light the team on fire and give them a lot of momentum. The crowd is going to be outstanding and the Lions are reeling. Factor in that the division is garbage and saying we could at least be in the conversation isn't a stretch.

What Qb shows up?

Clark Kent, Peter Parker, Dr. Banner, little mario?

He sucks! His scrub act needs to go.

Will the real Tim Tebow please show up?

Vs Oak he gets a prayer to lloyd answered, and a crazy awesome 40 yard td run in the first half. After that, 3 fgs.

0 pts vs Hou.

A busted cov td pass to lloyd off a Rivers pick vs SD 2010.
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Articles/20080331/425.the.incredible.hulk.033108.jpg
SD 2011 nothing for 3 rd qtr.

Couple fgas vs Miami.

If he shows up and thinks too much as we all saw at camp and vs miami, hes gonna get hurt.

He's like hulk or something, he puts his cape on but that was vs Miami.
Stop thinking about it, KNOW IT, and do it. From the start.

bendog
10-26-2011, 02:26 PM

there is no god but allah

Agamemnon
10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Our chances of winning this game seem to be going up...

wandlc
10-26-2011, 09:11 PM
It seems to me that Detroit put so much energy and emphasis on the Monday night game against the Bears that they are on a downward trend from that peak. Hopefully that trend continues for one more week. Also, they don't have much of a running attack without Best out there. I think Best being out is more important than who the QB is for them.

NFLBRONCO
10-26-2011, 09:15 PM

I think different I want to see Tebow going against full strength teams to really see what we have or not.

MplsBronco
10-26-2011, 09:22 PM
I think different I want to see Tebow going against full strength teams to really see what we have or not.

Oh I agree. Tebow has a long way to go as does the team. I just hope the ball starts bouncing our way again. We've been snake bit for a long time, imo. We deserve some good fate at this point in time.

NFLBRONCO
10-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh I agree. Tebow has a long way to go as does the team. I just hope the ball starts bouncing our way again. We've been snake bit for a long time, imo. We deserve some good fate at this point in time.

Yeah I agree on that part

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2011, 09:34 PM

I understand what you're saying, but in regards to Tebow I don't necessarily care if we win or lose. Point being, I care what he does against Detroit's defense (running the offense, accurate passing, etc) and win or lose we can evaluate him from there. It's not Tebow versus Stafford or Tebow versus Hill, it's Tebow versus a good defense.

strafen
10-26-2011, 10:39 PM

We've hit rock bottom and we've been there way too long for what this franchise once stood for.
Our defense is playing better, we're not beating ourselves, yes we could eliminate some dumb penalties, like DJ's in the SD game, but he made up for it against Miami.

It's going to take a few more games for the offense play more cohesive and for Tebow to find his groove.
There will be good and bad, but mostly good and encouraging.
So going up from here on out seems like a good trend at this point.
Hopefully Tebow learned a thing or two from the game tape to be able to work as much as he can on what he needs to fix. He should be more comfortable this time around.

Detroit's D is tough and aggressive, which would present problems to our line in trying to contain their bull-rush type approach.
Tebow's mobility should be an asset we'll be glad he has ;)
I expect Tebow to play more in sync with the speed of the game as he goes.

Tackling. We need our tackling to be solid and crisp against the Lions.
With a suspect running game going into this game, it'll once again be all on Tebow.
With the crowd pumped up to see Tebow start at home for the first time this season, I actually like our chances :strong:

NFLBRONCO
10-26-2011, 11:01 PM
I understand what you're saying, but in regards to Tebow I don't necessarily care if we win or lose. Point being, I care what he does against Detroit's defense (running the offense, accurate passing, etc) and win or lose we can evaluate him from there. It's not Tebow versus Stafford or Tebow versus Hill, it's Tebow versus a good defense.

Yeah that too

StugotsIII
10-26-2011, 11:09 PM

Hmmmm

Better question:

Who has more rushing yards vs. Detroit:

Tebow or Knowshon?

SoCalBronco
10-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Better question:

Who has more rushing yards vs. Detroit:

Tebow or Knowshon?

Tripping on grass and stationary bikes.

Tebow doesn't do it.

RhymesayersDU
10-27-2011, 08:35 AM
I had to pick up Moreno off the waiver wire, so how about some positivity?.

Anyone? Bueller?

I'm screwed.

bendog
10-27-2011, 10:29 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20111027/SPORTS01/111027023/Injured-Detroit-Lions-QB-Matthew-Stafford-moves-well-practice