PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 10 - @ Miami

Taco John
10-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Download Episode 10 - Week 7 @ Miami (http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/01654ri603/111025_orangemanepodcast_10.mp3)
(right click - save as)

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/01654ri603/111025_orangemanepodcast_10.mp3

schaaf
10-25-2011, 10:44 PM
IM SO EXCITED!!!

TDmvp
10-25-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/392858_o.gif

SoCalBronco
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Taco, do you still have the "open in your browser" link option?

Kaylore
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Sorry still no WHAM! in this yet. We really need some support from the community to get the WHAM! on there.

TDmvp
10-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I've opened it in a new window every week to listen to it.

SoCalBronco
10-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Sorry still no WHAM! in this yet. We really need some support from the community to get the WHAM! on there.

In December, we're going to devote 3-4 minutes of the podcast to Khan singing this classic:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E8gmARGvPlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

myMind
10-25-2011, 11:02 PM

I believe its that second link in the op

TDmvp
10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
T.J. , me and many others at the end of the game.

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=39902&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/39902/sad.html)

And then we was all

http://gifsoup.com/view3/1559492/happy-birthday-o.gif

Requiem
10-25-2011, 11:31 PM

I right click and save as and play it in iTunes. Support Jobs when he is dead. Startin' the show right now. One week I'm gonna come on and smack talk Chris and talk draft with Mike. KPEACE.

strafen
10-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Great podcast
I've enjoyed it, you guys are jelling now. Mid-season form! :D
I liked the Adam Gase discussion, I agree the guy is just not much of help in that role, I just think that what we need in a QB coach is somebody to be a mentor and a tutor.

Also, you've guys talked about the different ways of coming up with a plan that suits Tebow.
I would've loved to hear something about scripted plays with Tebow.
Remember those 15 scripted plays that were a staple on Shanny's weekly game plan?

Overall, it was a great discussion! :strong:

Taco John
10-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Dammit. I forgot to give a shoutout to Kyle for that enormous dip he had in during the game! That guy doesn't even care anymore - LOL!

Jay3
10-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Another great job.

Ray Finkle
10-26-2011, 09:04 AM
I AM THE PITY SHOUT OUT KING!

Taco John
10-26-2011, 10:21 AM
I AM THE PITY SHOUT OUT KING!

It was your finest hour!

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Finally finished listening. Thought this was one of the most informative podcasts, though not as amusing as last time.

Might want to throw a weekly Bowlen topic out so Mike can be hilarious. Something to think about incorporating.

Ray Finkle
10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Finally finished listening. Thought this was one of the most informative podcasts, though not as amusing as last time.

Might want to throw a weekly Bowlen topic out so Mike can be hilarious. Something to think about incorporating.

I thought it was really good. Less bitterness/negativity but that's expected after a win like this.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I just finished. I feel like every time I hear myself I sound like a complete buffoon. I have managed to cut my um's down, still working on that, but when I'm thinking on my feel and I get stuck I feel like I sound like I'm having a stroke on the air.

Ray Finkle
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I just finished. I feel like every time I hear myself I sound like a complete buffoon. I have managed to cut my um's down, still working on that, but when I'm thinking on my feel and I get stuck I feel like I sound like I'm having a stroke on the air.

It takes a little while, it's like public speaking, after a certain point, your find your cadence and rhythm and it becomes just natural.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM

Really?

I think the same thing when I hear myself but I thought you sound smooth?

gyldenlove
10-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Really?

I think the same thing when I hear myself but I thought you sound smooth?

Everybody thinks that when they hear themselves recorded. You guys are doing a really good job if keeping it flowing without interrupting and without leaving dead space.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
It takes a little while, it's like public speaking, after a certain point, your find your cadence and rhythm and it becomes just natural.

I was an actor and did speech in high school and college. I pride myself on my ability to think on my feet. But the radio format and adjusting to make your voice sound good and say what you are intending is harder than I thought, sometimes I'll have everything right and then the wrong word farts out (see "they were blitzing from the middle linebacker situation." That's right folks, Khan thinks Jersey shore is playing defense for us.!)

I know its not as bad as I think it is, but it's hard for me to listen to myself and not throw up.

Ray Finkle
10-26-2011, 02:06 PM
I was an actor and did speech in high school and college. I pride myself on my ability to think on my feet. But the radio format and adjusting to make your voice sound good and say what you are intending is harder than I thought, sometimes I'll have everything right and then the wrong word farts out (see "they were blitzing from the middle linebacker situation." That's right folks, Khan thinks Jersey shore is playing defense for us.!)

I know its not as bad as I think it is, but it's hard for me to listen to myself and not throw up.

I think you all did really well, except SoCal, he always sounds like he is speaking from a coffin :D

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I think you all did really well, except SoCal, he always sounds like he is speaking from a coffin :D

LOL Yeah I think its his mic or where he records from. I told him it sounds like he's in a closet. I see him recording from the Harry Potter cupboard under the stairs.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
LOL Yeah I think its his mic or where he records from. I told him it sounds like he's in a closet. I see him recording from the Harry Potter cupboard under the stairs.

Wherever it is, there's either a highway or wind-tunnel and an extremely loud telephone right there.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Wherever it is, there's either a highway or wind-tunnel and an extremely loud telephone right there.

I thought that was you not turning your mic off! I have a mute button on my mic cord and and whenever I'm not talking its muted. I literally switch it on when I'm laughing so people will hear. So it's Taco or Mike that have the airport outside their house. Now we're narrowing it down...

Taco John
10-26-2011, 02:30 PM
It's not me. I'm in a closed room.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 02:31 PM
I thought that was you not turning your mic off! I have a mute button on my mic cord and and whenever I'm not talking its muted. I literally switch it on when I'm laughing so people will hear. So it's Taco or Mike that have the airport outside their house. Now we're narrowing it down...

Haha, the wind tunnel seemed to be when Taco was talking, really. And you can distinctly hear someone clicking a hundred thousand times. I think that's Mike going over some different stat sheets while he's talking or working on some lawyer stuff.

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 02:31 PM

...With a fan powered by a jet engine?

gyldenlove
10-26-2011, 03:17 PM

Would you describe the wallpaper as padded?

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 03:21 PM
RE: Podcasts.

I think I enjoy the subtleties the most.

I LOVE when Mike throws a harsh slam on the FO, but completely non-chalant in stride.

I LOVE when TJ gets fired up about a topic and has to interrupt who ever is talking because he's so fired up.

I LOVE when Khan makes fun of a player for something

I LOVE when Raj hits a topic he loves so much that he takes over hosting for a couple minutes.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 04:03 PM
RE: Podcasts.

I think I enjoy the subtleties the most.

I LOVE when Mike throws a harsh slam on the FO, but completely non-chalant in stride.

I LOVE when TJ gets fired up about a topic and has to interrupt who ever is talking because he's so fired up.

I LOVE when Khan makes fun of a player for something

I LOVE when Raj hits a topic he loves so much that he takes over hosting for a couple minutes.
Bolded are my faves. Mike going into angry, near-bitter grandpa mode on the front office is probably number one, but Raj usurping the hosting duties is pretty awesome. I miss him on the show and a lot of people only listen for him, which I hope he realizes.

SoCalBronco
10-26-2011, 04:55 PM
The phone ringing was my fault, I didn't see that coming, I'll make sure to put the phone in another room next time. My bad. My voice sounds really terrible on the air (its very ruffled for some reason)...and no I'm not speaking from a coffin...yet. Maybe I need to buy another mic because you guys are all much clearer both live and when I listen to it after the fact, too.

Kaylore
10-26-2011, 05:17 PM
The phone ringing was my fault, I didn't see that coming, I'll make sure to put the phone in another room next time. My bad. My voice sounds really terrible on the air (its very ruffled for some reason)...and no I'm not speaking from a coffin...yet. Maybe I need to buy another mic because you guys are all much clearer both live and when I listen to it after the fact, too.
Does your mic have a mute button?

TheReverend
10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Does your mic have a mute button?

Skype does. That's what I discovered yesterday haha

broncosteven
10-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Check these out.

http://www.bluemic.com/desktop/

broncosteven
10-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Great job on the podcast.

I generalized on the Prevent thing based on one play (and no DVR), it was nice to hear guys talking objectively about what happened without being called a retard.

I am not all the way through it so maybe you guys did call me a retard but I will get through the last 10 minutes after I put the kids to bed.

Taco John
10-26-2011, 07:37 PM

Yeah, I think it's your microphone. You should try another headset.

The Joker
10-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Just started... pretty funny how the intro says "And now here's your host, Taco John!!" and then John Fox starts talking.

montrose
10-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Look forward to listening today, sucks I've missed a few but we've had some major changes at work that shoukd be wrapped soon.

Ray Finkle
10-27-2011, 07:06 AM
You guys need to get Med on. I'd love to hear him talk about defense.

Kaylore
10-27-2011, 07:47 AM
You guys need to get Med on. I'd love to hear him talk about defense.

We've been trying. We could certainly afford some poking and prodding from the community to encourage him in that direction...

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 08:13 AM
I am not all the way through it so maybe you guys did call me a retard but I will get through the last 10 minutes after I put the kids to bed.

I'm the only jerk on them and there's no one to be mean to :/

Ray Finkle
10-27-2011, 08:24 AM
We've been trying. We could certainly afford some poking and prodding from the community to encourage him in that direction...

Med, Fontaine, and a few others would make for a good show (not that it isn't good already).

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 09:25 AM
is there a reason why I can only download the first 20 minutes of the show?

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Yeah. At the 21 min mark we start making fun of Asians so TJ took precautions.

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah. At the 21 min mark we start making fun of Asians so TJ took precautions.

how the **** did i get DomCasual's link?!/!?!

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 09:47 AM
how the **** did i get DomCasual's link?!/!?!

Hahahahahaha

POW POW

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 09:49 AM
;D

Taco John
10-27-2011, 09:52 AM

That's strange. I was just able to download the whole thing. Not sure why you're having that problem.

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 09:56 AM
quicktime says I need an update...I 'll try that

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 10:34 AM
still no luck.....

Kaylore
10-27-2011, 10:54 AM
still no luck.....

Must be the Asian thing. Maybe the software itself is racist...

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 11:17 AM
somebody send me the Jersey Shore link

Powderaddict
10-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Great show as always.

I know you want to keep them at 90 minutes, but I wouldn't mind a bit more. Maybe a little more in depth of the next opponent? Trends, strengths, weaknesses. It is covered some, but not with much depth.

Anyways, as I've said before these are a highlight of my week and I love listening to them on my commute :)

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Great show as always.

I know you want to keep them at 90 minutes, but I wouldn't mind a bit more. Maybe a little more in depth of the next opponent? Trends, strengths, weaknesses. It is covered some, but not with much depth.

Anyways, as I've said before these are a highlight of my week and I love listening to them on my commute :)

I can't fathom that even ONE person on the planet wants to listen to MORE than 90-100 minutes of that...

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't fathom that even ONE person on the planet wants to listen to MORE than 90-100 minutes of that...

yeah, I'm thinking the 20 minutes I got was enough

:clown:

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
yeah, I'm thinking the 20 minutes I got was enough

:clown:

http://i.imgur.com/Ceb3t.gif

(no parrish cox)

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ceb3t.gif

(no parrish cox)

I don't need anymore cox

:curtsey:

The Joker
10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Just downloaded for me fine in South Korea.

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 01:01 PM
so much for the anti-Asian theory

;D

DrFate
10-27-2011, 01:05 PM
great work guys

Powderaddict
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM

My commute is an hour each way. I can listen to The Drive on the way home on a smartphone app, but like to listen to actual intelligent and insightful Bronco conversation from time to time :D

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 03:30 PM
finally got it...link for Flexgunmetal video?

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
finally got it...link for Flexgunmetal video?

???

Video?

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 03:39 PM
mentioned in the shoutouts?

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 03:40 PM

Oh... no video. Just the poster Flex Gunmetal.

Maybe your squinty Asian ears misheard or my German mush-mouth mispoke?

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm half Sicilian, half retarded, half pig so it could be that too.

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm half Sicilian, half retarded, half pig so it could be that too.

That would be the best south park animation ever...

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.therealityjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/southpark-snooki.jpg

+

http://www.morethings.com/fan/south_park/photo_gallery/manbearpig-imaginationland-01.jpg

=?

TheReverend
10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.therealityjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/southpark-snooki.jpg

+

http://www.morethings.com/fan/south_park/photo_gallery/manbearpig-imaginationland-01.jpg

=?

+

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/import/season_06/sp_0611_06_m4.jpg?width=200

broncosteven
10-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Ray Finkle and req were the ones I remembered who got one, I was glad to hear the guys actually list posters this week rather than just give one out to each other.

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 04:11 PM
LOL

"Ooooh! I get it! Just becaurse I'm Chinee, you think I buirld a wall! That's bull****! I'm not sterotype, ok?! Just becaurse I Chinee doesn't mean I go around buirlding wall! I'm just a nomal person like all of you! I ereat rice and drive a rearry srowry, just rike the rest of you! I'm not a sterotype!"

broncosteven
10-27-2011, 04:13 PM
LOL

"Ooooh! I get it! Just becaurse I'm Chinee, you think I buirld a wall! That's bull****! I'm not sterotype, ok?! Just becaurse I Chinee doesn't mean I go around buirlding wall! I'm just a nomal person like all of you! I ereat rice and drive a rearry srowry, just rike the rest of you! I'm not a sterotype!"

If you really are Chinese I have a question for you. I just bought my wife a duvet cover and it said Dry Clean only, can't she just throw it in the delicate cycle or will it destroy it?

lol

bronco militia
10-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Bwahah...

That's racist!!