PDA

View Full Version : T.O

Doggcow
10-25-2011, 12:26 PM
What does everyone think?

If he has anything left in the tank, it at least gives us a weapon on offense.

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2011, 12:27 PM
no

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2011, 12:28 PM
I saw him at the gym not long ago with some chick as tall as he was.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I saw him at the gym not long ago with some chick as tall as he was.

Ru Paul?

Jetmeck
10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
What the hell. One year rental for a decent price...............

TonyR
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
I brought this up earlier in the season. If he'd come cheap I'd say why not? It might be fun! If anybody can "convert" the guy it would be Tebow. Not going to happen but it's fun to consider.

TonyR
10-25-2011, 12:32 PM

Exactly. It's not like his distractions will cost us a trip to the playoffs. If he acts up you cut him.

Doggcow

That's what I'm thinking. He'd be cheap, and a big target for Tebow. Right now we're putting all our eggs in the repaired achilles of OpThomas (not saying he won't be fine, but it's still a reach)

chevy369
Sure why not...

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
so dump Lloyd and bring in TO?

rbackfactory80
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I can't believe this thread. I'm gonna pretend you all are just jerking around.

hookemhess
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=41130273

Jetmeck
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM

Didn't think it was a good thing to dump Lloyd but its done and TO one side and DT on the other sounds kinda good to me......:wiggle:

The Joker
10-25-2011, 12:42 PM
No, we're not pushing for a playoff spot so give the reps to the young guys and see what they've got. Between D Thomas, Decker, Royal, Willis, Fells, J Thomas and Virgil Green we have enough guys we can throw the ball to, not to mention McGahee and Moreno who can catch it out of the backfield too. Give the guys who might have a future on the team a shot to develop.

We're also going to run the ball more often with Tebow at QB.

Not to mention the fact that we're trying to build a young team and the last thing the locker room needs is a tool like T.O

Signing T.O would be a completely horrible move on just about every level.

TonyR
10-25-2011, 12:44 PM

That's a fair point. But a large reason they "dumped" Lloyd is that they were going to let him go after the season anyway and he may have been causing problems in the locker room. So get a pick for him while you can. If you can bring in T.O. without giving anything up, and dump him at the first sign of trouble, what's the harm? All that said, it isn't going to happen so this is just a fun discussion.

gyldenlove
10-25-2011, 12:45 PM
No, just no.

If we are that desperate for a WR we should have kept Lloyd - no sense in throwing good money at a burned out TO.

smoke4815162342
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
TO is no longer a "weapon"

TonyR
10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
No, we're not pushing for a playoff spot so give the reps to the young guys and see what they've got. Between D Thomas, Decker, Royal, Willis, Fells, J Thomas and Virgil Green we have enough guys we can throw the ball to, not to mention McGahee and Moreno who can catch it out of the backfield too. Give the guys who might have a future on the team a shot to develop.

We're also going to run the ball more often with Tebow at QB.

Not to mention the fact that we're trying to build a young team and the last thing the locker room needs is a tool like T.O

Signing T.O would be a completely horrible move on just about every level.

Solid post. Can't disagree with any of it. You've mostly swayed me.

vonqkilla
10-25-2011, 12:53 PM

If he has anything left in the tank, it at least gives us a waterboy with speed, albeit questionable hands.

Because of the drops, im saying no, dont need gatorade all over the players uniforms.

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2011, 12:55 PM
No.

yerner
10-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd prefer giving myself a home vasectomy with a rusty spoon.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2011, 01:03 PM
There is a reason why no one is watching is try out....

Ray Finkle
10-25-2011, 01:03 PM
There is a reason why no one is watching is try out....

Popps
10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScSmkPu1W4ELtb33XuOqxgP4psKJAXU S3B31EUiLgZ93yzkeeKwKGdgc37

_Oro_
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
\triplefacepalm

strafen
10-25-2011, 01:19 PM
I can't believe this thread. I'm gonna pretend you all are just jerking around.This!
Unbelievable.
The funny part is, there are a few people agreeing with him as if this is a great idea.
This board never ceases to amaze me. ROFL!

Doggcow
10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
This!
Unbelievable.
The funny part is, there are a few people agreeing with him as if this is a great idea.
This board never ceases to amaze me. ROFL!

We have no playmakers on offense. T.O. was an elite receiver, if he has anything left in the tank, he could add a lot to our offense.

I'd rather have something for Tebow to work with.

It's a no-risk signing, because we could just cut him if there's a hint of a problem.

Gort
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM

If he has anything left in the tank, it at least gives us a weapon on offense.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Oh+Hell+no+You+aren+t+getting+me+to+go+there+Don+t _978e9e_323158.jpg

broncosteven
10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
No.

Willis made a great play catch and run, Thomas showed he could be counted on after a bad drop, Fells is a big part of the O, Decker has and will make plays.

We don't need the cancer and distraction of T.O. now if he played DT maybe...

Doggcow
10-25-2011, 01:52 PM
No.

Willis made a great play catch and run, Thomas showed he could be counted on after a bad drop, Fells is a big part of the O, Decker has and will make plays.

We don't need the cancer and distraction of T.O. now if he played DT maybe...

"A" great play. Tebow was holding onto the ball for ages because our receivers weren't getting separation all game.

Everyone in the NFL can make "a" play. It's about having more people on your team that can make more plays than the other team.

Popps
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
"A" great play. Tebow was holding onto the ball for ages because our receivers weren't getting separation all game.

Everyone in the NFL can make "a" play. It's about having more people on your team that can make more plays than the other team.

That may be partially true, but NFL QBs have to be able to throw to covered receivers. This is why the whole "run more crossing patterns" argument doesn't hold up for me. Crossing patterns are timing patterns, and at least on Sunday... Tim's timing wasn't there.

Now, going forward... yes... I think we'll see more of that. We SHOULD see more of that. But, the guy needs to get his timing back. He just didn't look comfortable throwing the ball until the last few minutes.

LittleFloyd
10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
TO will still be available in 2 weeks when Bey Bey gets hurt. Wait and sign him then.

bendog
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
"FU Timmy, you suck worse that gay-boy Garcia."

"Bless you, Terrell"

'WTF you talking about?"

"I'm hoping the Lord makes himself visable to you."

"**** me! I'm telling you to hit me instride on that last out."

"Don't diss yourself, Jesus loves you. And, I'll work on the out. Wanna run some now?"

"**** this ****, I'm retiring."

razorwire77
10-25-2011, 02:49 PM
It would be worth it to sign him for one game just to see his reaction when Timmy throws a quick out 3 yards over his head.

Doggcow
10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
That may be partially true, but NFL QBs have to be able to throw to covered receivers. This is why the whole "run more crossing patterns" argument doesn't hold up for me. Crossing patterns are timing patterns, and at least on Sunday... Tim's timing wasn't there.

Now, going forward... yes... I think we'll see more of that. We SHOULD see more of that. But, the guy needs to get his timing back. He just didn't look comfortable throwing the ball until the last few minutes.

I feel like Tebow is an ultimate risk-reward guy. Kind of like Barry Sanders took more losses than anyone ever. Tebow will have his backwards plays, but then he'll have plays like the 20yard 2nd down run. His ability to extend plays, makes for great big play potential, especially if we get a gamebreaking receiver.

Rabb
10-25-2011, 03:00 PM

Other than, you know...Decker being so open that it was an easy 6 if he hit him. And no I am not a Tebow hater, but please don't generalize.

orng&blu
10-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Lameness.

bowtown
10-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Why not, he's already played with two other ducks.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Just ask this - would Elway want him? No? Then no.

Popps
10-25-2011, 04:06 PM
http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/power-grid/images/profiles/29286/oakland-raiders_x200.jpg

Drunk Monkey
10-26-2011, 06:56 AM
No teams attended Terrell Owens (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1056/terrell-owens)' workout in Calabasas, Calif., on Tuesday

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7148676/no-nfl-teams-attend-terrell-owens-hyped-workout

LOL

Jason in LA
10-26-2011, 07:50 AM
That would be a bad move. The Broncos are already dealing with WRs who are complaining about Tebow, so why bring in a guy who has complained about every QB he's played with?

BroncoBeavis
10-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Where's Randy Moss, anyway?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-26-2011, 10:27 AM
if you hold a workout and no one comes is it really a workout

bap454
10-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Only if Moe and Kita are a part of the package. Even his girlfriend lives in Denver- if I remember correctly.:egbgb:

TonyR
10-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Eventually, though, some enterprising coach or GM is going to look at his roster, look at Owens and quite rightly conclude, "He's still better than most of our guys." At that point, T.O. and agent Drew Rosenhaus will be given another opportunity not to screw things up, to sign a reasonable part-season contract, and to audition for the receiver's future (that is, assuming he means it when he says he'd like to play another couple of years).

It isn't likely to be a totally clean transaction, but it'll get done. Owens, who is 37, comes with baggage, although I'd argue that not much about the last couple of seasons -- one in Buffalo, one in Cincinnati -- precisely screams trouble. At both stops, Owens was himself (read: loud) without any dramatic consequence. He averaged 15.1 yards per catch in Buffalo and went for nine TDs in 14 games with the screwed-up Bengals.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/kreidler-111026/terrell-owens-signed-nfl-team-season

extralife
10-26-2011, 09:04 PM
He's going to fulfill his destiny by ending his career with the Raiders. Lets go ahead and pretend this thread never happened.