PDA

View Full Version : Urban Myer + Tebow = Dolphins

BroncoBen
10-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Heard a interresting radio show this morning and they were talking about Urban Myer being so chummy with the owner of the Dolphins, and how it could be possible that Urban comes to coach the Dolphins, then convinces the owner to trade away there #1 pick for Tim Tebow.. What does the list think.. Wouldnt that be awesome.. ?

The Joker
10-25-2011, 10:26 AM
If Meyer took over and they had the #1 pick it'd be a possibility. Swap first rounders, give them Tebow and possibly some other picks too depending on our draft slot.

Really doubt he'll become their coach though, so not likely to happen.

StugotsIII
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Urban Meyer will be coaching Ohio State next year.

Not a guess.

jhns
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Then Tebow wins three SBs as Luck is the next Leaf...

How about we give Tebow a chance before giving him away?

TonyR
10-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Really doubt he'll become their coach though, so not likely to happen.

It is very interesting to consider, but I agree with this. He left coaching largely for health reasons so I don't see how coaching an NFL team would work better for him than coaching a college team. But never say never I guess.

TonyR
10-25-2011, 10:29 AM
...before giving him away?

Who suggested "giving him away"?

jhns
10-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Who suggested "giving him away"?

The OP...

Kaylore
10-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Urban Meyer will be coaching Ohio State next year.

Not a guess.

This.

He'll either coach at O$U or he'll go back to color commentary.

Ziggy
10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
It's a bit far fetched, but not out of the realm of possibility. Tebow as the Dolphins starting QB would sell that stadium out for at least 2 years, and bring Dolphins fans something to cheer for again. Elway would have to kick in some picks if the Dolphins were to end up with the first pick in the draft, but he'd get the prototypical pocket passer that he craves.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Urban Meyer looked like he was going to have a heart attack just watching that one Tebow game in Miami..

People don't get this but Meyer was not the guy who really made Tebow blossom at Florida.. it was their offensive coordinator Dan Mullen..

If they have Mullen that last year at Florida I bet Tebow wins another championship.

Urban Meyer is kind of soft.. and I think he hurt Tebow that last year being too conservative just like Fox is hurting Tebow now being too conservative.. Though Fox is more extreme..

Mullen had the creativity and stones to use Tebow to his full potential.. Maybe Meyer could find the next Dan Mullen though for the pros as Tebow's new offensive coordinator..

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Heard a interresting radio show this morning and they were talking about Urban Myer being so chummy with the owner of the Dolphins, and how it could be possible that Urban comes to coach the Dolphins, then convinces the owner to trade away there #1 pick for Tim Tebow.. What does the list think.. Wouldnt that be awesome.. ?

Everyone keeps forgetting Meyer's health issues. I'm pretty sure he quit coaching simply because of his health issues. I seriously doubt he'd have the ability to coach in the NFL due to his health limitations. Way more stress in the NFL.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Urban Meyer is a college coach that would fail at the NFL level. True story.

maher_tyler
10-25-2011, 11:12 AM

Not happening. Myer left Florida because of health issues.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 11:18 AM
I think Urban Meyer's strength is similar to Dungy.. he is a good manager of people and just the team in general.. he was a psychology major. For this reason I could see him being a good NFL coach IF he had a good staff around him.

Meyer won't get in the way of good coordinators like a lot of head coaches.. and he will make them better.

TonyR
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM
The OP...

Are you aware that when you get compensation in return for something that you aren't "giving it away"?

theAPAOps5
10-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Urban Meyer looked like he was going to have a heart attack just watching that one Tebow game in Miami..

People don't get this but Meyer was not the guy who really made Tebow blossom at Florida.. it was their offensive coordinator Dan Mullen..

If they have Mullen that last year at Florida I bet Tebow wins another championship.

Urban Meyer is kind of soft.. and I think he hurt Tebow that last year being too conservative just like Fox is hurting Tebow now being too conservative.. Though Fox is more extreme..

Mullen had the creativity and stones to use Tebow to his full potential.. Maybe Meyer could find the next Dan Mullen though for the pros as Tebow's new offensive coordinator..

Clearly it is the Tebow Effect

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Clearly it is the Tebow Effect

Witch hunt..

jhns
10-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Are you aware that when you get compensation in return for something that you aren't "giving it away"?

This same argument was made with McDaniels moves. In the end, he gave away a lot of talent. Trading talent for picks hardly ever works in favor of the team getting the picks...

So, again, lets give Tebow a chance before giving him away.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 11:38 AM
So, again, lets give Tebow a chance before giving him away.

sadly.. even giving someone a chance isn't necessarily giving them a REAL chance.

That is what is happening with Fox.

DeuceOfClub
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Urban Meyer is an 'Urban Legends'

True story

jhns
10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
sadly.. even giving someone a chance isn't necessarily giving them a REAL chance.

That is what is happening with Fox.

No one cares what you have to say...

chevy369
10-25-2011, 11:44 AM

Drugs are bad...

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
No one cares what you have to say...

Because I actually know what I am talking about.. I know.. people don't want to hear the truth.

Elway hired Fox.. Elway can do no wrong..

oh... and you are projecting...

jhns
10-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Because I actually know what I am talking about.. I know.. people don't want to hear the truth.

Elway hired Fox.. Elway can do no wrong..

oh... and you are projecting...

Poor thing...

broncocalijohn
10-25-2011, 11:50 AM

Funny you have Tebow winning 3 Super Bowls and claim Luck is now going to be Leaf. Here is a tidbit for you Jizz, we wouldnt be trading or swapping draft picks with Miami just yet. See, while we discuss this on a Broncos forum, the real guys in the front office control EVERYTHING! We are suggesting and putting out opinions. Also, this is October. Not sure if you know this but we would need to wait until after the season (more than 2 full months of football left) to know where Miami and us are slotted for picks. Of course, and here is the craziest thing to imagine, we also have to wait for Urban Meyer to be coach of the Dolphins! This could take now, end of the year or anytime in between. Soooooo, while we discuss a scenario that might never get past this discussion board, you can hang up the Tebow poster in the bathroom since your Cutler posters take up your bedroom walls.
If Tebow actually lights it up in the last 10 games, this topic is moot. It probably wouldnt even be remembered until you bump it to show us how we were giving away Tebow. Until then, relax and enjoy the improbable win we just had.

jhns
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Funny you have Tebow winning 3 Super Bowls and claim Luck is now going to be Leaf. Here is a tidbit for you Jizz, we wouldnt be trading or swapping draft picks with Miami just yet. See, while we discuss this on a Broncos forum, the real guys in the front office control EVERYTHING! We are suggesting and putting out opinions. Also, this is October. Not sure if you know this but we would need to wait until after the season (more than 2 full months of football left) to know where Miami and us are slotted for picks. Of course, and here is the craziest thing to imagine, we also have to wait for Urban Meyer to be coach of the Dolphins! This could take now, end of the year or anytime in between. Soooooo, while we discuss a scenario that might never get past this discussion board, you can hang up the Tebow poster in the bathroom since your Cutler posters take up your bedroom walls.
If Tebow actually lights it up in the last 10 games, this topic is moot. It probably wouldnt even be remembered until you bump it to show us how we were giving away Tebow. Until then, relax and enjoy the improbable win we just had.

I hope you didn't expect me to read all of that. It was a scenerio that could easily play out. It wasn't a prediction...

broncocalijohn
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I hope you didn't expect me to read all of that. It was a scenerio that could easily play out. It wasn't a prediction...

Oh yeah, Tebow winning 3 superbowls and Luck being Leaf #2. Add the fact that Urban Meyer, who left Florida because of health reasons, would then be healthy enough to go to Miami and become a first time head coach. You also realize that YOUR scenario of him winning 3 superbowls would be one more than a proven hall of famer in John Elway. In fact, Dan Marino in Miami would have 3 less than Tebow.

jhns
10-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh yeah, Tebow winning 3 superbowls and Luck being Leaf #2. Add the fact that Urban Meyer, who left Florida because of health reasons, would then be healthy enough to go to Miami and become a first time head coach. You also realize that YOUR scenario of him winning 3 superbowls would be one more than a proven hall of famer in John Elway. In fact, Dan Marino in Miami would have 3 less than Tebow.

Fine, there is no way Tebow can ever win a SB and no way Luck could ever bust. Thanks for opening my eyes Mrs Cleo.

Pick Six
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM

I really hope that Tebow wins three SBs (or more). I'm tired of starting over at the quarterback position. So, you're right. We would actually be giving him away. There's no crystal ball to definitively tell us that Luck will be a successful NFL quarterback...

theAPAOps5
10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Witch hunt..

Tebow Effect

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Tebow Effect

The homer effect is what it should be called..

Jay3
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Tim Tebow: the player so good that no one can truly understand how good he is. Even if you just sit there and think about how good he is, you are probably sabotaging him in some way by just sitting there.

StugotsIII
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I think Urban Meyer's strength is similar to Dungy.. he is a good manager of people and just the team in general.. he was a psychology major. For this reason I could see him being a good NFL coach IF he had a good staff around him.

Meyer won't get in the way of good coordinators like a lot of head coaches.. and he will make them better.

What you don't know about football could fill a library.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
What you don't know about football could fill a library.

You're projecting..

theAPAOps5
10-25-2011, 04:36 PM
The homer effect is what it should be called..

Tebow Effect

Pseudofool
10-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Even if you just sit there and think about how good he is, you are probably sabotaging him in some way by just sitting there.Money.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Tim Tebow: the player so good that no one can truly understand how good he is. Even if you just sit there and think about how good he is, you are probably sabotaging him in some way by just sitting there.

When it's your head coach just sitting there and doing NO coaching.. yes it's a problem.

Here you have one of the most versatile players in football history and you coach in a fashion that a mongoloid could replicate and predict.. yes.. it's sabotage.

Can you believe guys like Orton and Fox get paid millions to do the crap they do?

It's like an artist getting paid millions for doing a paint by numbers painting.

bowtown
10-25-2011, 09:16 PM
When it's your head coach just sitting there and doing NO coaching.. yes it's a problem.

Here you have one of the most versatile players in football history and you coach in a fashion that a mongoloid could replicate and predict.. yes.. it's sabotage.

Can you believe guys like Orton and Fox get paid millions to do the crap they do?

It's like an artist getting paid millions for doing a paint by numbers painting.

You do realize there is this whole other thing in football called defense, right?

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 09:36 PM
You do realize there is this whole other thing in football called defense, right?

I fully realize that.. does Fox realize that there is offense, too? That is the real issue.

Again.. why switch QBs if you are just going to hand the ball off on every down?

Powderaddict
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I fully realize that.. does Fox realize that there is offense, too? That is the real issue.

Again.. why switch QBs if you are just going to hand the ball off on every down?

Presumably they would use him to throw a pass now and then.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Presumably they would use him to throw a pass now and then.

Now and then? Does that win games in the NFL without a dominant defense?

Powderaddict
10-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Now and then? Does that win games in the NFL without a dominant defense?

Yes

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Yes

So then why aren't more teams doing it?

Is Fox some kind of visionary/genius?

Should Belichick revise his strategies?

Or do you mean just against the winless Dolphins with Tebow revising the coaches gameplan at the last second out of desperation?

fdf
10-25-2011, 11:27 PM
This same argument was made with McDaniels moves. In the end, he gave away a lot of talent. Trading talent for picks hardly ever works in favor of the team getting the picks....

Unless you are the Patriots. And then it works really really well.

TonyR
10-26-2011, 07:56 AM

LOL Post of the month candidate.

AlphaSeirra
10-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I doubt that Urban coaches anywhere else, at least any time soon.
There are just to many other sticks in his fire right now.
Just my own guess though....
========

Give Miami zero draft picks, just Tebow and Von Miller for their 2012 #1 (Lucky) pick.
If I was calling it for the Phins, I'd take that trade in a NY split second.

In the above trade, also getting Dan Mullen as the Phins OC would be a huge plus for them imo.
Starkville, MS is not exactly paradise, so IF the $$ was right, they could probably get it done.
========

NO SB was EVER won by a QB, no matter HOW GOOD he was/is.
Put Joe Montana on the Saints teams of those days and he stinks on ice imo.

IF TT ever plays in a SB, it will be because he is getting to lead a SB quality TEAM.
QB may be the most important position, but none of them are 'the team' entire.
========

Carry on..... :sunshine: