PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see against the Lions

v2micca
10-25-2011, 05:28 AM
Screens. Lots of them. Bubble Screens, reverse screens. Screens to the Tight End, Full Back and Running Back. If teams are going to keep dialing up the Blitzes the way Miami did, we need to take advantage. Also, some quick slants. Let, Thomas or Fells drag across the field and give Tebow some quick check downs on first and second down. Let him start to build more of a rhythm. Hell, if we think we can do it without breaking him, lets Line up Demarious Thomas in the Slot a couple of times to see if we can get him matched up with some Linebackers.

Things I don't want to see, runs up the gut. Against Suh and the Lions D-line, its going to be a non-starter. Especially with our interior line that has improved but still isn't going to be blowing the Lions Defensive Tackles off of the ball.

Drunk Monkey
10-25-2011, 05:35 AM
Yes to the screens, Tebow needs to learn how to throw one. It makes me laugh how hard it is for him to master the dink and dunk passes but he can laser in a 30yard out. Figure it out Tebow, fix something each game from here on out.

I will also be happy if he gets the center QB exchange down this game. Well that and a quick drop and release.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2011, 05:38 AM
Screens. Lots of them. Bubble Screens, reverse screens. Screens to the Tight End, Full Back and Running Back.

wait, wait, wait, McD's back?

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2011, 05:42 AM
wait, wait, wait, McD's back?

No, we're going further back to Bates' offensive playcalling.

BowlenBall
10-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Bootlegs.... lots and lots of bootlegs....

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2011, 05:44 AM
Yes to the screens, Tebow needs to learn how to throw one. It makes me laugh how hard it is for him to master the dink and dunk passes but he can laser in a 30yard out. Figure it out Tebow, fix something each game from here on out.

I will also be happy if he gets the center QB exchange down this game. Well that and a quick drop and release.

Tebow's a master of the screen pass. He threw a perfect one to Moreno in the SD game that went for a TD.

Drunk Monkey
10-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Tebow's a master of the screen pass. He threw a perfect one to Moreno in the SD game that went for a TD.

He also threw a perfect one to Moreno in the Miami game that was about 26 feet over his head.

v2micca
10-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Bootlegs.... lots and lots of bootlegs....

Yes, forgot about that in my original post. If they want to put 8 men in the box, run the bootleg and make them pay. I just want to see us giving Tebow more options than hand the Ball off, or try to throw deep. It blew my mind that we didn't see more high percentage pass plays called early in the game to help Tebow establish a rhythm. Hell, even savy Vets need that sometimes.

strafen
10-25-2011, 06:02 AM
In a game we've got little chance to win, let Tebow loose.
Give him some slack, he needs to gain confidence and he can't do that if he's kept on a short leash...

cmhargrove
10-25-2011, 06:09 AM
I agree with lots of the things said here. As I also said in a previous thread, I think Shanahan's system with Jake would have been the perfect fit for Tebow. Zone stretch, play action, bootlegs, and the occasional deep pass.

Anyway, I think lots of high percentage timing passes would be great, but in the long run, Tebow just seems to win with the big downfield play. I see no reason not to chuck it deep, if Tebow can manage to scramble away from the pressure.

GreatBronco16
10-25-2011, 06:10 AM
He also threw a perfect one to Moreno in the Miami game that was about 26 feet over his head.

That wasn't a screen pass. Tebow rolled out to his left under pressure and just airmailed it.

I will also be happy if he gets the center QB exchange down this game.

I don't recall him having a problem with the exchange in the Miami game.

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2011, 06:18 AM

That wasn't a designed screen pass

TotallyScrewed
10-25-2011, 07:12 AM

Good work.

I'm tired of people seeing a desperation pass and assuming that it was the intended play called.

Folks...the nice QB rollout pass to Larsen wasn't the intended play called but rather a nice adjustment by Tebow.

Tebow had a number of screw-ups in the game. If you're looking to find one, it's not hard.

pricejj
10-25-2011, 07:49 AM
What I want to see this game, and what it will take for the Broncos to win, is Tim making much quicker reads and decisions. He needs to take make reads while taking his drop, make a decision, and deliver the ball...

I don't like that every other play he is either taking off on a QB sneak or getting hit in the pocket...he needs to step up in the pocket and fire.

He needs to have a calmer mind and stick to a set schedule while delivering the ball, all the roll outs, qb sneaks, options, are not condusive to accuracy in the passing game.

GO BRONCOS

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Start running the two minute drill from the start of the game.

There, problem solved?

I know, John Fox's worst nightmare. Lets be honest. How many games in a row does Tebow need to run the two minute offense so well before they realize that is probably what he does best?

Keep telling yourselves the Dolphins, Chargers twice, the Texans were all in prevents. They werent. None of them were.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 07:58 AM
I would also like to see Dumervil be part of the sack plan and Von Miller to keep up his rookie record sack pace.

Drunk Monkey
10-25-2011, 07:59 AM

It was still a pass to a wide open person that most QB's make.

Look, I am done throwing rocks at Tebow, I really want the guy to succeed. I want another Miller type impact player on D next year not a QB with our 1st pick.

What I want from the next game? Better accuracy on the shorter throws.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 08:03 AM
It was still a pass to a wide open person that most QB's make.

Look, I am done throwing rocks at Tebow, I really want the guy to succeed. I want another Miller type impact player on D next year not a QB with our 1st pick.

What I want from the next game? Better accuracy on the shorter throws.

He is 3 for 4 on screen passes this year so far. One to Moreno. He was 2 of 3 on screen passes Sunday.

Hit a nice one to Larsen and the well designed, well sold screen pass to fells.

He needs to get more accurate, but I have a feeling he will struggle with certain passes that other dont as long as he is QB.

He needs to improve big time if there is going to be any long term success.

bronco militia
10-25-2011, 08:05 AM
just win again for ****s sakes

RunSilentRunDeep
10-25-2011, 08:07 AM
I can't believe no one wants to see HAM.

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2003/11/11/ham_with_cider_glaze_lead.jpg

dbfan21
10-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I like it! Screens, bubble screens, slants, and the bootleg. I think the bootleg could be very good considering Miami collapsed the pocket a lot...something Detroit could very well do. Get Tebow out in the open so he can survey the whole field without three guys in his face. He can still hit guys running across the middle for some big gainers.

bronco militia
10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
I'd liek to see a run heavy west coast offense again. for crying outloud, we had the friendliest QB system in the NFL for 14 years.

bowtown
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I like it! Screens, bubble screens, slants, and the bootleg. I think the bootleg could be very good considering Miami collapsed the pocket a lot...something Detroit could very well do. Get Tebow out in the open so he can survey the whole field without three guys in his face. He can still hit guys running across the middle for some big gainers.

You need to have pretty good footwork to effectively sell and execute a bootleg.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 08:37 AM
You need to have pretty good footwork to effectively sell and execute a bootleg.

I take it you believe Orton runs a good bootleg?:spit:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Keep telling yourselves the Dolphins... were all in prevents. They werent. None of them were.

Krieger disagrees with you.

"By contrast, during most of his completions down the stretch, they dropped seven into coverage in more of a "prevent" defense."

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_19186505?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Play2win
10-25-2011, 08:40 AM
I'd liek to see a run heavy west coast offense again. for crying outloud, we had the friendliest QB system in the NFL for 14 years.

I'll give a hell-yes on that one.

WCO, with SLO (Sprint-LEFT-Option ;D), lots of screens and drop-offs to Larsen and Moreno, throws to tight ends, plus the running game.

Would love that, and it would be really, really fun to watch!

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2011, 08:43 AM

Its been already said in the thread, but Tebow sets up a HELL of a screen. In fact, its probably his best attribute right now. Not only the Moreno pass from last week, but the screen to fells for the touchdown this week.

Now, there MIGHT be a good reason as to why he sells them so well. A screen involves baiting the defense, kind of playing dumb, and then suddenly tossing the screen to the released back. But even when Tim isn't dropping back for a screen pass, he kinda looks lost and dumb, so its hard to tell the difference between the two.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2011, 08:44 AM
I would also like to see Dumervil be part of the sack plan and Von Miller to keep up his rookie record sack pace.

He actually has to be on the field for this, and he looks like he's out next week again. Thats a lot of money not playing for us!

Play2win
10-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Its been already said in the thread, but Tebow sets up a HELL of a screen. In fact, its probably his best attribute right now. Not only the Moreno pass from last week, but the screen to fells for the touchdown this week.

Now, there MIGHT be a good reason as to why he sells them so well. A screen involves baiting the defense, kind of playing dumb, and then suddenly tossing the screen to the released back. But even when Tim isn't dropping back for a screen pass, he kinda looks lost and dumb, so its hard to tell the difference between the two.

Can we start calling Tebow the "Screen Machine" ;D

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 08:53 AM
He actually has to be on the field for this, and he looks like he's out next week again. Thats a lot of money not playing for us!

When Dumervil is in there, I think they should be in a lot more 3-4 looks. I have thought moving to a 4-3 was a mistake from thebeginning. Granted VonMiller is looking good, and I noticed he lined up a lot more in a 2 point stand up against Miami.

He was a projected 3-4 OLB edge rusher, and that is different than a 4-3 SLB. They had him lining up in too many positions. Each position having different responsibilities with different keys etc.

Agaisnt SD he was actually benched cause he was lost on sevral plays and he has been frequently this year.

I say both Dumervil and Miller are better at a stand up 3-4 OLB positions. Dumervil is too weak down on the line against the run, and I think teams would have a harder time knowing which one would be rushing.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 08:55 AM

No, that title currently belongs to Cutler.

GreatBronco16
10-25-2011, 08:56 AM

"By contrast, during most of his completions down the stretch, they dropped seven into coverage in more of a "prevent" defense."

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_19186505?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The video I put in Bajas thread that is now gone, showed the Dolphins still putting 6-7 in the box on the scoring drives. It was from the NFL network breakdown of Tebow in that game. I think it was NFL network. Would have to find it again.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 08:58 AM
The video I put in Bajas thread that is now gone, showed the Dolphins still putting 6-7 in the box on the scoring drives. It was from the NFL network breakdown of Tebow in that game. I think it was NFL network. Would have to find it again.

Mangini also clearly broke it down in slow motion yesterday and the Dolphins were still in clear man coverage. On the pass over the middle to Matt Willis they rushed 5 and they had a spy LB on Tebow.

That isnt prevent.

Next.

Play2win
10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
No, that title currently belongs to Cutler.

Ha, didn't know that how you spelled "Frown Cannon" btw- "frown canon" might be more apt.

As far as Tebow goes, I say that as a big, big, BIG complement. Because his screens (so far) have kicked that much ass.

Jetmeck
10-25-2011, 09:13 AM
We WILL see Tebow improve , its only been 4.5 games.

Play2win
10-25-2011, 09:19 AM
We WILL see Tebow improve , its only been 4.5 games.

Especially now that Tebow is actually getting playing time with the first unit.

Just wish we had one guy that had great explosion in him. A Sproiles (sp) type that some of the screens reallly could go the distance.

Trent Richardson might fit in well next year.

ScottXray
10-25-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree with lots of the things said here. As I also said in a previous thread, I think Shanahan's system with Jake would have been the perfect fit for Tebow. Zone stretch, play action, bootlegs, and the occasional deep pass.

Anyway, I think lots of high percentage timing passes would be great, but in the long run, Tebow just seems to win with the big downfield play. I see no reason not to chuck it deep, if Tebow can manage to scramble away from the pressure.

yes to the screens, but also to rolling pocket, boots and throw in a reverse or two when the Defense is drawn to Tebow like a magnet. Also some pitch outs when he's under center. Quick hits that get the ball to the outside fast.

Speed up the game and go more no huddle also. Call 2 or more plays in the huddle when you do that and then just go!

BowlenBall
10-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Or.... we could just run the ball up the middle 30 times a game.

MplsBronco
10-25-2011, 10:07 AM
I just want to see a win. Couple that with a Chiefs win at home against SD and we are 1 game out of the division lead. Sh!t would start getting real at that point.

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM

It was NFLN. Mooch was breaking down the play and showed Miami in man-under cover 2 with 4 linemen rushing and 1 spy, and said it was the same defense that Miami was running all day.

GreatBronco16
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-drive-of-the-week/09000d5d8237220d/Drive-of-the-Week-Tebow-time

There is the link to the video from NFL.com.

And that my friend is not 'prevent' defense dropping 7 into coverage.

vonqkilla
10-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Broncos + 3.5 @ home...

Lmao

I wont bet against Tebow.

bendog
10-25-2011, 11:32 AM
The lions are 28th in run defense, and lost two consecutive games because they couldn't stop it.

bendog
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM

The screen has several uses. 1) it effectively tells a defense Den is going to attack underneath (i.e. starting from behind the line of scrimmage) even in a 3 wr set. Tebow has difficulty in reading defenses, and Mia killed him for three qtrs with delayed blitzes by dbs that Tebow did not recoginize. At least two sacks and near pick. Catch a defense sending in a safty on delayed blitz v. a screen is a good offensive match up, and it limits Tebow's reads.

2. In theory it puts the fear of god into dlinemen who are teeing off on Tebow, and the guy's so slow in his reads, he's a sack machine (All new qb's have this, so don't see it as a tebow diss, Tebowites)

3. It lets offensive linemen get hats on dbs and linebackers, and Den's wr's D.Thomas, Decker and Willis are not midget wrs. That is JohnFoxball. Effectively, it's a run.