PDA

View Full Version : Break down routes?

broncosteven
10-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Was the 1st TD to DT designed to break down with him going to an out route or did they give the receivers a 2nd option based on their initial routes?

If Fells (I think it was him, could be wrong I am far from perfect recently) doesn't take his guy to the middle of the end zone DT isn't open on the out to the flag. Was either heady play by both guys working off each other was it designed?

gyldenlove
10-24-2011, 09:33 PM
It looked to me like a simple hook/curl route, when the play broke down and Tebow rolled out the only place to make the play was at the pylon so DT broke outside and Tebow put the ball ahead of him. It was Moreno lined up out wide, he runs a slightly deeper route on the outside, looks like a high-low combination with Moreno going behind DT in case there is zone on the outside. Moreno heads for the middle of the end zone after the play breaks down which opens up the pylon to DT - my feeling is that it is purely instinctual from both players.

Vegas_Bronco
10-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Red zone offense work to the side of the qb after your initial route. They both finished their routes and worked toward open space. Extension of the play lead to one or both getting open. Nice throw by tebow and catch by DT.

I remember elway's wr's working all day long to get open...rapistburger is also a king at doing this.