PDA

View Full Version : Fox: Tebow will keep getting better

Vine
10-24-2011, 05:07 PM
espn.com front page article...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7144891/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-keep-getting-better-john-fox-says

Better at what, I say? Better at becoming a prototypical pocket passer?

Probably not going to happen. Tebow might improve a little, in pocket passing, based on what we saw Sunday, but he won't improve enough to satisfy the image of being a decent prototypical pocket passer.

But..... when Fox says "Tebow will keep getting better", does Fox mean that they are actually fully committed to exploiting Tebow's strengths in giving the Broncos the best chance to win? If so, then I am thoroughly encouraged.

I really wonder what Fox means by that statement.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't count Tebow out so quick as a pocket passer. This is his fourth game with the worst prep imaginable because of King Neckbeard's elite status and delicate psyche.....

Remember having no OTAs and changing Tebow's fundamentals so much AND forcing him into the pro style offense is a ton to take.. and to lose your best receiver because he is a prima donna..

razorwire77
10-24-2011, 05:15 PM
My guess is he meant that he would get better at not holding the ball way way way too long. That he would get better at stepping up in the pocket and throwing the ball with less air underneath it, and better at keeping his eyes down field as he goes through his progressions. Not necessary OMG make Tebow a pocket passer, but the basics that Tebow needs to improve on to be a successful NFL quarterback.

Abqbronco
10-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I think he meant we will get better at playing quarterback but I am probably reading way too much into that statement.

maher_tyler
10-24-2011, 05:26 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7144891/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-keep-getting-better-john-fox-says

Probably not going to happen. Tebow might improve a little, in pocket passing, based on what we saw Sunday, but he won't improve enough to satisfy the image of being a decent prototypical pocket passer.

But..... when Fox says "Tebow will keep getting better", does Fox mean that they are actually fully committed to exploiting Tebow's strengths in giving the Broncos the best chance to win? If so, then I am thoroughly encouraged.

Your reading way to into this. Maybe he flat out means Tim will get better with experience??

Steve Prefontaine
10-24-2011, 05:26 PM
"I liked the last 5 minutes more than the first 55," Fox said Monday.

Well, there is something to this since it seems to happen every game with Tebow. It's Fox's job to figure out why and fix it.

smoke4815162342
10-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Why is it so many people assuming Tebow can't get better, but they give that to every other young QB? I'm very pleased with my decision to quit pay attention to all those so called experts.

Kid A
10-24-2011, 05:29 PM
I think he means (and I think this is the most realistic hope we can have for Tebow as a passer) is that he will get more comfortable in the pocket/think less about his throws.

Yeah, that will have to include some improvement in his footwork and throwing motion. But even if he can't polish those areas of his technique perfectly, he can still take a huge step by just not playing so frantic.

When he's sailing the ball 20 yds past wide open guys it isn't because he can't accurately hit an open receiver (we've seen in the late game drill with less pressure coming that he can calmly hit open targets). It's almost like he's so mentally focused on getting the ball away to the open target before a defender can hit him that he chucks the ball rather than targets it.

After yesterday I'm certainly more skeptical of his future as a passer than I was before. But I do think worries that he will always be sailing 3-4 balls a game just because of poor technique are going to be unfounded. Like any young QB the big step is going to be when/if all the routes and throws become instinct and not the result of a frantic choice between "tuck & run vs. get the ball out of here".

2KBack
10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
I've been critical of the guy, and I think he needs to be able to be successful from the pocket. The NFL defense are too good, and they will keep him there if that's the achilles heel.

That said....it looks to be at least a big part of an experience thing. The wide open miss to Fells for example. He was not confident in that read and it showed when he threw it....like he almost wanted it back. In time he will throw that with confidence. When he stopped thinking...he was accurate. He's like most young players....needs it to be second nature again.

DarkHorse
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Fox looks constipated any time a Tebow question comes up that he has to address.

His entire body language and demeanor is negative when those questions arise - the guy doesn't seem to be on board at all. That's what I see from him at least.

brncs_fan
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
If you go down to the third video on that page they have a question that they ask the public to respond to: What do Tebow and Lebron James have in common.

A listener responded with, "Both are responsible for Miami losing in the fourth quarter."

:nutkick

bowtown
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-op-is-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

cutthemdown
10-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Uhhh?

broncocalijohn
10-24-2011, 06:11 PM
At least this thread is better than Vine's Pledge of Alligiance thread of Tebow. For some reason, I am not sure why the 100 post rule is not used and if it ever would be, we need to make it 500 since Tebowites post 20 times a day.

Pick Six
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Better at throwing? Better at making decisions? Better at checking down to the 2nd or 3rd option? There's a lot there. I have faith that he can be successful, but it's laughable to think that Tebow doesn't have room to improve...

oubronco
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Well I don't think he could get much worse so yea I can see him keep getting better

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
It is really incredible when you think about it...

Tebow is getting trashed because of John Fox's offensive ineptitude..

And Cam Newton is getting canonized because of Fox's offensive ineptitude. If Fox hadn't made the Panthers O look so bad cam wouldn't be getting the credit for supposedly creating all of it..

John Fox is the problem..

barryr
10-24-2011, 06:25 PM
It is also odd how young QB's are typically given the benefit of the doubt to get better and improve, but some do not give Tebow that benefit. Which just screams of rooting against him for whatever reason, no matter how stupid a reason I might add that I have seen around here.

Houshyamama
10-24-2011, 06:29 PM
I think he meant we will get better at playing quarterback but I am probably reading way too much into that statement.

This is funny.

Shananahan
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
It is really incredible when you think about it...

Tebow is getting trashed because of John Fox's offensive ineptitude..

And Cam Newton is getting canonized because of Fox's offensive ineptitude. If Fox hadn't made the Panthers O look so bad cam wouldn't be getting the credit for supposedly creating all of it..

John Fox is the problem..
This line of thinking has been noted and understood. Please stop including it in every single post you make.

Shananahan
10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
It is also odd how young QB's are typically given the benefit of the doubt to get better and improve, but some do not give Tebow that benefit. Which just screams of rooting against him for whatever reason, no matter how stupid a reason I might add that I have seen around here.
I don't think it screams of rooting against him at all. If anything, it's just extremely (possibly unrealistically) high expectations. I also get the feeling that Tebow doesn't have a problem with it, is accustomed to it by now and probably even enjoys it.

Didn't he request that McDaniels push him to greatness or something when he was drafted? I think Tebow feeds off of that kinda thing, and being reminded that he played like crap and needs to improve is welcomed and expected.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
This line of thinking has been noted and understood. Please stop including it in every single post you make.

The key is finding the best way of illustrating that line of thinking though... You aren't noticing the variation on the theme..

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't think it screams of rooting against him at all. If anything, it's just extremely (possibly unrealistically) high expectations. I also get the feeling that Tebow doesn't have a problem with it, is accustomed to it by now and probably even enjoys it.

Didn't he request that McDaniels push him to greatness or something when he was drafted? I think Tebow feeds off of that kinda thing, and being reminded that he played like crap and needs to improve is welcomed and expected.

Hasn't THIS point been made enough?

You claim i am being repetitive then repeatsomething said non stop since the game was played..

Shananahan
10-24-2011, 07:06 PM
The key is finding the best way of illustrating that line of thinking though... You aren't noticing the variation on the theme..
It's not a theme; it's an opinion, and you're doing a great job of illustrating your belief in it. It's enough already, though. Overkill.

Shananahan
10-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Hasn't THIS point been made enough?

You claim i am being repetitive then repeatsomething said non stop since the game was played..
Maybe? I don't know, I don't spend all day here cruising threads looking for ways to blame Tebow's shortcomings on others. If it's been said before then I agree with whoever said it.

gtown
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Well I don't think he could get much worse so yea I can see him keep getting better

This.

That was painful. I have seen him play better, though, so I am hopeful.

Abqbronco
10-25-2011, 05:12 PM
This is funny.

Thank you very much. I try to make the most out of my infrequent posts.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-25-2011, 05:16 PM
MacGruder is the poster of the year on the Mane.

Has made this place really funny and interesting.

Inkana7
10-25-2011, 05:25 PM
MacGruder is the poster of the year on the Mane.

Has made this place really funny and interesting.

I remember when you used to fill that role.

Where are the Bobs of yesteryear?

Jetmeck
10-25-2011, 05:32 PM
4.5 games. I believe WE ALL ALREADY knew what Fox said today.
Sure he will get better................

Dedhed
10-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Wait, aren't the talking heads saying that Tebow can't improve? How could he possibly get better? No QBs improve once they enter the league.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Wait, aren't the talking heads saying that Tebow can't improve? How could he possibly get better? No QBs improve once they enter the league.

Especially when being asked to change everything about their play.. unnecessarily, too.

Tebow has to adapt to the NFL because they can't adapt to him.. but that is supposed to be his fault.

barryr
10-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Great analysis, but I still find the whole thing stupid ;)