PDA

View Full Version : Christian Ponder.

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I love how BSPN praises Ponder for yesterdays game. Anyone notice he completed 40% 13 for 32? He threw 2 picks.

I should mention the Packers are 31st in pass defense this year. They have not been good.

Does anyone find that interesting how the BSPN analysts rip Tebow to shreds for completion % and praise Ponder?

Want us to compare first starts between the two? Ok, lets do that.

Tebow's first start as a pro he had a 100 rating. He had 78 yards rushing. He is the only QB to ever pass and run for a 30 yard TD in first start. Oh, did I mention he was on the road against the #2 defense in the NFL?

The double standard hatred continues from BSPN.

I should also mention Miami's defense is ranked higher than the Packers in pass defense. I know, to them at BSPN none of that counts.

Golic also lied when he said Miami was playing a prevent defense. They werent.

Tombstone RJ
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
It's BSPN, what do you expect?

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah.. but Ponder LOOKS like a pocket QB.. just like Orton and Cam Newton..

That's all that really matters..

Archer81
10-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Well...I think Ponder will be a good one. But outside of that I dont really think getting upset about what ESPN says will improve the quality of your life. Talking heads talk. Its what they do. They dont like Tebow's game. That's fine. He will improve and in three years they will be all over his knob just like they are on Brady's and Manning's. It is what it is.

Best way to shut a talking head up is to prove them wrong. Tebow will do that.

:Broncos:

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Apparently.

Archer81
10-24-2011, 04:32 PM

Sometimes I wonder how much football you actually watch.

Jason in LA
Yeah, I was laughing at that one. Ponder had a QB rating of 59 to go along with his 40% completion rate and two ints.

Little known fact about Tebow. Even though he looked horrible at times, he had a QB rating of 91 with 2 TDs and 0 ints. He also had a higher completion percentage than Ponder.

Golic pretty much said forget about the stats when it comes to Ponder, he looked good. yeah, forget about that stats, because it kills your argument.

BlueandOrange32
Well...I think Ponder will be a good one. But outside of that I dont really think getting upset about what ESPN says will improve the quality of your life. Talking heads talk. Its what they do. They dont like Tebow's game. That's fine. He will improve and in three years they will be all over his knob just like they are on Brady's and Manning's. It is what it is.

Best way to shut a talking head up is to prove them wrong. Tebow will do that.

Until then I will vent about the hypocrisy on that network. It is a message board.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Sometimes I wonder how much football you actually watch.

I have watched most of cam Newton's games.. he plays on a great offense.

They raved about Sam Bradford last season just like they are Cam now.. I think Bradford won more too. Now look at Bradford..

"Ohh.. but it's not Bradford's fault.. his team is just bad."

Yet when Tebow plays bad it's his fault and not the team..

broncocalijohn
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey OP, by any chance did Merril Hoge say it and you wanted to start another thread about it? Just ask Taco John to sticky a thread entitled "ESPN **** UPS Posted Here".

Archer81
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Until then I will vent about the hypocrisy on that network. It is a message board.

No kidding? This is a message board? Whoa...

Getting upset, which you clearly are, is pointless. You could write ESPN an angry letter but what good would that do? Mock ESPN. Dont get angry. Its just a news network built on adults playing games for a living.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 04:38 PM

Getting upset, which you clearly are, is pointless. You could write ESPN an angry letter but what good would that do? Mock ESPN. Dont get angry. Its just a news network built on adults playing games for a living.

We should call them on their BS when they say it.. like Hoge saying Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be good then acting like he is never wrong about QBs.

At some point perception is reality. It bothers Tebow and his family what is said in the media. These are real people.. even if ESPN's news isn't.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2011, 04:40 PM
We should call them on their BS when they say it.. like Hoge saying Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be good then acting like he is never wrong about QBs.

At some point perception is reality. It bothers Tebow and his family what is said in the media. These are real people.. even if ESPN's news isn't.

Yes, calling them out on a Broncos message board will really pound it home that Broncos fans think they're idiots.

Archer81
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM

The solution is to not watch ESPN and find a media source more bearable for you.

So simple its soon to be hidden by 43 government agencies.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey OP, by any chance did Merril Hoge say it and you wanted to start another thread about it? Just ask Taco John to sticky a thread entitled "ESPN **** UPS Posted Here".

That would require some form of moderation

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 04:47 PM

So, I shouldnt point out their hypocrisy on a message board? Are you always this self righteous?

Seriously. Give me a damn break. I point out a double standard I shouldnt express my frustration?

Yeah, thats just a SPORTS NEWS network, and this is a SPORTS Broncos message board.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 04:48 PM
The solution is to not watch ESPN and find a media source more bearable for you.

So simple its soon to be hidden by 43 government agencies.

ESPN is a dominant sports news source. If you want sports news you don't have many alternatives. and it's true of any news source. They all spew the same thing so it;s silly to just say ignore ESPN.

And once again still haven't learned the three phases of truth..

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 04:48 PM

No it was Greenberg 5 minutes ago.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes, calling them out on a Broncos message board will really pound it home that Broncos fans think they're idiots.

It's a start... better than doing nothing and ignoring the issue letting them spew nonsense. If more people complained about it and put reality in their face it wouldn't continue..

At some point it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.. "Tebow sucks" and that is all people see. Just look how well Tebow has played coming into the NFL and the one "bad" game he has in horrible circumstances he is crucified.. and people actually buy into it. Read Broncos message boards you see people buy into this nonsense..

If perception wasn't important there would be no such thing as politics or commercials..

Archer81
10-24-2011, 04:51 PM
So, I shouldnt point out their hypocrisy on a message board? Are you always this self righteous?

Seriously. Give me a damn break. I point out a double standard I shouldnt express my frustration?

Yeah, thats just a SPORTS NEWS network, and this is a SPORTS Broncos message board.

What I find interesting is that you come to a Broncos board to indignantly point out ESPN is being hypocritical when 90% of this board already thinks that. Its beating a dead horse. Especially since you created a nearly identical thread yesterday to bitch about Hoge.

It is not being self righteous if you are right. Which I am.

Archer81
10-24-2011, 04:53 PM
ESPN is a dominant sports news source. If you want sports news you don't have many alternatives. and it's true of any news source. They all spew the same thing so it;s silly to just say ignore ESPN.

And once again still haven't learned the three phases of truth..

The solution is to NOT watch, If you believe them all to be the same...dont watch any of them. So simple an aviation mechanics magazine will print an article on it.

Truth does not have phases, giggles. It simply is. Accepting that truth goes through phases. The truth itself does not change.

You fail at logic.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2011, 04:56 PM
It's a start... better than doing nothing and ignoring the issue letting them spew nonsense. If more people complained about it and put reality in their face it wouldn't continue..

At some point it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.. "Tebow sucks: and that is all people see. Just look how well Tebow has played coming into the NFL and the one "bad" game he has in horrible circumstances he is crucified.. and people actually buy into it. Read Broncos message boards yous ee people buy into this nonsense..

If perception wasn't important there would be no such thing as politics or the commercials..

Yes, and again, correcting them on a Broncos' message board is really going to make them change what they say.

Uh huh. Yep, the people who see things not to like in Tebow's game get that idea not from actually watching him play, but from what they hear on ESPN or other sports outlets. Ok man, you keep clinging to that idea, everyone who doesn't like Tebow is a sheep to whatever ESPN says.

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
What I find interesting is that you come to a Broncos board to indignantly point out ESPN is being hypocritical when 90% of this board already thinks that. Its beating a dead horse. Especially since you created a nearly identical thread yesterday to b**** about Hoge.

It is not being self righteous if you are right. Which I am.

Why dont you give me a list of things I cant post here. You come across condescending. You have no clue who I am.

I never pointed out on this message board the stats of Ponder. Hoge didnt say anything and my post of Hoge was about another issue.

This is me comparing Ponders stats, and their praise.

You arent right. You are just arrogant.

Now, give the list of stuff I cant post here, so I dont offend thee. Wait, dont do that, cause I dont care.

That, or dont read anything I post. Everything I post is cynical. That something that isnt pleasing in thy sight? Like I said, I dont care.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Truth does not have phases, giggles. It simply is. Accepting that truth goes through phases. The truth itself does not change.

You fail at logic.

For humans truth has phases... you obviously still don't understand the quote.. not surprising though...

Mogulseeker
10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Just because GBs pass defense is poorly ranked doesn't mean that they're better than Miami. With the Pack's quick-strike offense, opposing teams get a ton of opportunities against them. Teams are also playing from behind, which encourages them to pass more. GB is also a very aggressive defense that forces turnovers, but also give up big plays as a result.

You can't seriously say that Miami has a better pass defense than Green Bay.

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Just because GBs pass defense is poorly ranked doesn't mean that they're better than Miami. With the Pack's quick-strike offense, opposing teams get a ton of opportunities against them. Teams are also playing from behind, which encourages them to pass more. GB is also a very aggressive defense that forces turnovers, but also give up big plays as a result.

The Miami defense was killed by the Pats in the first game and since then they have been decent.

The Packers defense has been playing awful all year.

The facts are the facts. Ask any Packer fan and they will tell you their pass defense has not been playing well. It is 31st in the NFL.

yerner
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Ponder threw some beautiful passes yesterday against the best team in football. Passes Tebow will never be able to throw.

UberBroncoMan
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Their corners did proclaim themselves the best duo in the NFL.

Mogulseeker
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I think Tebow is starting to get his due credit in the media.... Boomer the other day said Tebow will be really good despite having horrible mechanics. Ponder looked solid.

I'm just tired of the SEC-Florida Tebow fanboys pretending the know the pro game and littering Bronconation like a parasite.

Tebow is impossible not to like. He's impossible to root against. I think other fanbases are actually jealous that we have him. His fanboys, however, are insufferable.

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Ponder threw some beautiful passes yesterday against the best team in football. Passes Tebow will never be able to throw.

If you want to ignore that he completed 40% then go ahead. The Packers are the best team, but their defense has not played well all year. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

All I said is they harp on Tebow's completion % and didnt mention a thing of Ponder. I think Ponder looked good. However, just pointing out more double standards.

Mogulseeker
10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
The Miami defense was killed by the Pats in the first game and since then they have been decent.

The Packers defense has been playing awful all year.

The facts are the facts. Ask any Packer fan and they will tell you their pass defense has not been playing well. It is 31st in the NFL.

Read above post for an explanation of the poor ranking. Rankings don't mean anything.

Green Bay is 7-0. Becoming 7-0 means you're scoring more often than your opponents. Their opponents get the ball a ton. You don't become 7-0 with a terrible defense.

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I think Tebow is starting to get his due credit in the media.... Boomer the other day said Tebow will be really good despite having horrible mechanics. Ponder looked solid.

I'm just tired of the SEC-Florida Tebow fanboys pretending the know the pro game and littering Bronconation like a parasite.

Tebow is impossible not to like. He's impossible to root against. I think other fanbases are actually jealous that we have him. His fanboys, however, are insufferable.

If you think I am a Gators fan you are wrong. I played as a walk on at FSU from 1989 to 1991.

I hate the Gators and always couldnt stand Gator fans and I still cant.

Your assumption is just an assumption. I know more about the Broncos and their history than you will ever care to know.

BlueandOrange32
10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Read above post for an explanation of the poor ranking. Rankings don't mean anything.

Green Bay is 7-0. Becoming 7-0 means you're scoring more often than your opponents. Their opponents get the ball a ton. You don't become 7-0 with a terrible defense.

Their defense is not doing well. It is a simple fact. Ask any Packers fan, they will tell you.

Could it improve? Yes, but their defense has not looked good. That offend you some how?

DarkHorse30
10-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Ponder seems to be the real deal. If you watched him against the UNBEATEN WORLD CHAMP PACKERS, you know that he was nearly demolished on about every other throw; but he has a quick trigger and made 3rd down completions on 3rd and long SEVEN times. He also ran once for a first down on 3rd and long.

Thats quite a bit to do against a great defense. He also wasn't afraid to test Woodson (obviously with 2 picks snared by him), he probably threw at him half a dozen times. Bottom line is that Minnesota - a bad team - nearly beat the best team in the league in Ponder's first start. It went all the way down to the wire.

This isn't a Ponder vs. Tebow thread is it? Good, because I would take either as a starting young QB.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 05:14 PM

Because his fanboys know what you are just learning now? Grow up..

Archer81
10-24-2011, 05:17 PM
For humans truth has phases... you obviously still don't understand the quote.. not surprising though...

You obviously do not understand that something that is true is an absolute. It is not less true or more true depending on belief in it. You mangle the quote and use it out of context and act like I am the asshole because you do not understand a language you allegedly function in.

You even tacitly agree that HUMAN perspective determines acceptance of truth. Its us that changes, not truth.

Twit.

Archer81
10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Why dont you give me a list of things I cant post here. You come across condescending. You have no clue who I am.

I never pointed out on this message board the stats of Ponder. Hoge didnt say anything and my post of Hoge was about another issue.

This is me comparing Ponders stats, and their praise.

You arent right. You are just arrogant.

Now, give the list of stuff I cant post here, so I dont offend thee. Wait, dont do that, cause I dont care.

That, or dont read anything I post. Everything I post is cynical. That something that isnt pleasing in thy sight? Like I said, I dont care.

You act surprised, like you expect ESPN to be anything other than what it is. It seems to be a theme of yours. Post what you like. I certainly will. And when you post something I feel is ridiculous...I'll say so.

With that being said, you seem like you need a hug. Poor guy.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
You obviously do not understand that something that is true is an absolute.

The quote doesn't say when or where the truth goes through phases.. he wasn't trying to explain it to the mentally retarded.

Play2win
10-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Ponder has a quick release, is decisive and accurate. Watched both last week's game and this week's, thought he show a lot of poise. He's definitely going to be a good one.

He's like the anti-Brady Quinn.

Archer81
10-24-2011, 05:21 PM
The quote doesn't say when or where the truth goes through phases.. he wasn't trying to explain it to the mentally retarded.

The quote also does not imply that truth changes to be accepted. You made that assertion. That is just one of many reasons why you are a special little guy.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 05:27 PM
The quote also does not imply that truth changes to be accepted. You made that assertion. That is just one of many reasons why you are a special little guy.

I said the truth goes through phases.. I didn't say how.. that was your moronic assumption. You would have to be mentally handicapped or a jackass to get it that wrong...

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Ponder has a quick release, is decisive and accurate. Watched both last week's game and this week's, thought he show a lot of poise. He's definitely going to be a good one.

He's like the anti-Brady Quinn.

That's exactly what everyone said about Sam Bradford.. now look at him.

oubronco
10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Who gives a shyt

Archer81
10-24-2011, 05:55 PM
I said the truth goes through phases.. I didn't say how.. that was your moronic assumption. You would have to be mentally handicapped or a jackass to get it that wrong...

Nope. It doesnt.

Silly ass.

elsid13
10-24-2011, 05:55 PM
If you want to ignore that he completed 40% then go ahead. The Packers are the best team, but their defense has not played well all year. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

All I said is they harp on Tebow's completion % and didnt mention a thing of Ponder. I think Ponder looked good. However, just pointing out more double standards.

Tebow looked like **** for 3 and 1/2 quarter and had some of the worse throws I have ever seen from QB. I give him a lot of credit for making plays in end, but let not pretend he had good passing day.

And on side note for all Tebownuts, whining does not endear you to this fan base

oubronco
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
McGoober what are these 3 phases you keep fuggin harping on?

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Tebow looked like **** for 3 and 1/2 quarter and had some of the worse throws I have ever seen from QB. I give him a lot of credit for making plays in end, but let not pretend he had good passing day.

And on side note for all Tebownuts, whining does not endear you to this fan base

If he had a 90 passer rating how could he have had a bad day?

The fact he overcame 3 1/2 "bad" quarters in a couple minutes tells you a lot of things.

1. The coaches didn't let him pass the ball early

2. The style of offense they were forcing him to play most of the game was crap.

Yet we hear no one few criticizing the coaches..

Tebow is a unique talent.. by not using his abilities you are wasting them.

Mogulseeker
10-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Because his fanboys know what you are just learning now? Grow up..

I had a broken watch once. It was right twice a day.

rmsanger
10-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Not going to comment on all this other stuff but Ponder looked really good at times! Much better than an old busted McNabb!

elsid13
10-24-2011, 06:04 PM
If he had a 90 passer rating how could he have had a bad day?

The fact he overcame 3 1/2 "bad" quarters in a couple minutes tells you a lot of things.

1. The coaches didn't let him pass the ball early

2. The style of offense they were forcing him to play most of the game was crap.

Yet we hear no one few criticizing the coaches..

Tebow is a unique talent.. by not using his abilities you are wasting them.

You do know that Tebow not going to sleep with you, right???

cutthemdown
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
its because tebow is a lefty. No one likes a southpaw.

barryr
10-24-2011, 06:14 PM
There are QB's with great mechanics who stink anyway.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
You do know that Tebow not going to sleep with you, right???

You're projecting...

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 06:16 PM
I had a broken watch once. It was right twice a day.

So when someone else knows something it's an accident? So open-minded..

oubronco
10-24-2011, 06:16 PM
McGoober what are these 3 phases you keep fuggin harping on?

Well

barryr
10-24-2011, 06:17 PM
If Tebow went 13-32 with 2 picks in a loss, doubtful many would be cheering that performance.

DarkHorse30
10-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Well, McBradford has been McDanieled......what do you expect?

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, McBradford has been McDanieled......what do you expect?

I don't know man.. I give McD credit.. he may have stunk as a head coach but he knows offense. I don't think Bradford has really proved anything except that he could beat up BIG12 D, which isn't tough. :D

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 07:50 PM
To be fair, it was his first start ever. Not sure what they are praising exactly, but for a first start it was okay.

Mogulseeker
10-24-2011, 07:58 PM
So when someone else knows something it's an accident? So open-minded..

For a big chunk of Tebow supporters, it is. And that's if Tebow pans out.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 08:10 PM
For a big chunk of Tebow supporters, it is. And that's if Tebow pans out.

As someone that watched him his whole college career I will tell you that if he gets some decent coaching it isn't a matter of IF Tebow will succeed as a QB but WHEN.

But sadly most NFL coaches are garbage is seems.. at least in terms of adapting to any kind of unique talent.

NFL coaches would rather get a glorified game manager in Andrew Luck or Sam Bradford than take a "risk" on a unique talent like Tebow that actually won something.

Pony Boy
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM

This is what's wrong with Bradford this year

broncocalijohn
10-24-2011, 09:43 PM

Caption that picture: "Bradford, I am going to **** up your career so bad in just one season. Praise the Patriots!"

HAT
10-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Not for nothing but how do people rationalize....

"Orton only got numbers because of McD"

With

"Bradford is teh suck b/c of McD"

???

To quote jhns.....It makes no sense.

Pony Boy
10-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Caption that picture: "Bradford, I am going to **** up your career so bad in just one season. Praise the Patriots!"

Yep there's only one play in the book ......"Chuck it deep to Lloyd"

broncocalijohn
10-24-2011, 10:20 PM

With

???

Because McD, your lova, can turn water into piss water. Piss water turns to sewer water.

HAT
10-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Because McD, your lova, can turn water into piss water. Piss water turns to sewer water.

C'mon...BCJ.

I will always like McD for ridding this team of Cutler but don't be one of those dudes who sees an funny Orton pic in my avy and JTC.....

Seriously.....Assume you knew nothing about my personal Bronco takes on the 'Mane and answer the question.

If poster A thinks Orton's stats were inflated b/c of McD, that's cool.
If poster B thinks McD is going to ruin Bradford, that's cool too.

If poster C thinks B is right but also agreed with A, I gotta problem with that.

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 10:47 PM

With

???

Because he sucks at working with the players he has and instead tries to make everyone play offense like the 2007 Patriots. In Denver it kind of worked (emphasis on kind of). In St. Louis it's not working at all. The fact that Bradford is just a baby QB and McD's offense is overly complicated is probably a major factor in it. That and the whole concept of running a WR-focused offense with a team that has no receivers. Yeah that's brilliant.

hookemhess
10-24-2011, 10:54 PM
As someone that watched him his whole college career I will tell you that if he gets some decent coaching it isn't a matter of IF Tebow will succeed as a QB but WHEN.

But sadly most NFL coaches are garbage is seems.. at least in terms of adapting to any kind of unique talent.

NFL coaches would rather get a glorified game manager in Andrew Luck or Sam Bradford than take a "risk" on a unique talent like Tebow that actually won something.

You're out of control.

HAT
10-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Because he sucks at working with the players he has and instead tries to make everyone play offense like the 2007 Patriots. In Denver it kind of worked (emphasis on kind of). In St. Louis it's not working at all. The fact that Bradford is just a baby QB and McD's offense is overly complicated is probably a major factor in it. That and the whole concept of running a WR-focused offense with a team that has no receivers. Yeah that's brilliant.

"Orton & Lloyd only produced because of CiDtL.....McD is ruining Bradford and the Rams have no receivers"

Alrighty then.

And never mind the fact that Danario is better than any current Bronco WR.

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 11:17 PM
"Orton & Lloyd only produced because of CiDtL.....McD is ruining Bradford and the Rams have no receivers"

Alrighty then.

Pretty sure you missed the other point. The one about Badford being inexperienced and likely not up to handling McD's stupidly complex playbook.

As far as Danario being better than any current Broncos receiver? Hilarious!

The dude is almost as raw and unproven as most of our guys. C'mon now.

HAT
10-24-2011, 11:22 PM
As far as Danario being better than any current Broncos receiver? Hilarious!

The dude is almost as raw and unproven as most of our guys. C'mon now.

All subjective of course but I would rather have DA than any current Bronco WR. And this is coming from a huge Decker fan since his time withe GG's.

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 11:24 PM
All subjective of course but I would rather have DA than any current Bronco WR. And this is coming from a huge Decker fan since his time withe GG's.

That's fine, but it doesn't change that the guy has had two good games in his career so far. And let's be clear, a third of his production this year has come off of two big receptions. Hardly a go to guy right now.

Miss I.
10-24-2011, 11:38 PM
You're projecting...

Elsid was not projecting. If I said you wanted to sleep with him, then it would be projecting because I actually think a little play action with our QB might be interesting, especially if he brought in Decker, now that would be something.

Oh wait, see, there's me projecting. Damn.

BTW, what are the three phases of truth...I am actually curious. Thanks.

Just to note, as a theology major, the only 3 truths I am aware of are related to Buddhism, but I have to figure that's not what you are talking about.

Archer81
10-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Elsid was not projecting. If I said you wanted to sleep with him, then it would be projecting because I actually think a little play action with our QB might be interesting, especially if he brought in Decker, now that would be something.

Oh wait, see, there's me projecting. Damn.

BTW, what are the three phases of truth...I am actually curious. Thanks.

http://tinyurl.com/42r6hyc

Drek
10-25-2011, 04:21 AM

Alrighty then.

Danario's knee is made of tissue paper and airplane glue. He's not a long term solution and is already lined up for another off-season knee surgery (number five I believe).

But the problem in St. Louis is that the Rams receivers just can't catch and the young bookends on their OL are not ready to go one on one with top tier defenses.

It hasn't helped losing Amendola, but the loss of their #1 CB when they were already weak at CB has only made it worse. Teams can easily go over the top on their defense and run up the score, forcing the offense into passing on all downs. At that point defenses can just tee off on their young OTs and get in Bradford's face.

Despite that he's picked up McDaniels' offense pretty well for not having an off-season of work and makes good decisions with the ball. Unfortunately his targets aren't hanging onto them.

I'd expect them to fare much better now that they've gotten past the strongest teams on their schedule and will soon start their six games in-division. I'd bet on something like 5-11 as their final record. Should probably keep them in position to add Blackmon. Along with retaining Lloyd and getting Amendola back for the slot, that should significantly transform their offense.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Danario's knee is made of tissue paper and airplane glue. He's not a long term solution and is already lined up for another off-season knee surgery (number five I believe).

But the problem in St. Louis is that the Rams receivers just can't catch and the young bookends on their OL are not ready to go one on one with top tier defenses.

It hasn't helped losing Amendola, but the loss of their #1 CB when they were already weak at CB has only made it worse. Teams can easily go over the top on their defense and run up the score, forcing the offense into passing on all downs. At that point defenses can just tee off on their young OTs and get in Bradford's face.

Despite that he's picked up McDaniels' offense pretty well for not having an off-season of work and makes good decisions with the ball. Unfortunately his targets aren't hanging onto them.

I'd expect them to fare much better now that they've gotten past the strongest teams on their schedule and will soon start their six games in-division. I'd bet on something like 5-11 as their final record. Should probably keep them in position to add Blackmon. Along with retaining Lloyd and getting Amendola back for the slot, that should significantly transform their offense.

Rams actually lost their 1st 2nd and 3rd CB.

Anybody happy/pointing fingers at McDaniels saying I told you so about the Rams offense doesn't follow the team. The base formation/package Rams had practiced with all "off-season" only had 1 play ran together, and that was the 1st play of the season where SJack took it to the house for like 49 yards or something. After that play, they've been plagued with more injuries then our army during the Viet Nam war.

Oh, and their receivers suck, like really bad. Honestly, I've never seen pro NFL receivers suck so bad in my life as far as catching the ball. Anybody watching the Rams can conclude this easily.

Contrary to popular belief of McDaniels not being able to run the ball, the Rams are currently sitting at 17th in the league in Yards per Carry while Steven Jackson has been injured for about half their games.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Ponder seems to be the real deal. If you watched him against the UNBEATEN WORLD CHAMP PACKERS, you know that he was nearly demolished on about every other throw; but he has a quick trigger and made 3rd down completions on 3rd and long SEVEN times. He also ran once for a first down on 3rd and long.

Thats quite a bit to do against a great defense. He also wasn't afraid to test Woodson (obviously with 2 picks snared by him), he probably threw at him half a dozen times. Bottom line is that Minnesota - a bad team - nearly beat the best team in the league in Ponder's first start. It went all the way down to the wire.

This isn't a Ponder vs. Tebow thread is it? Good, because I would take either as a starting young QB.

I am not saying Ponder didnt look decent. He has brains, and he has athleciticism.

That is not the point.

The point is the praise ESPN, specifically Greenberg, gave him and pointed out in his obnoxious way that it was Ponders first game and Tebow looked like crap in his 4th game. That is what he said and that is the way he said it.

I noticed it, and I pointed out the hypocrisy. I pointed out the actual facts behind Ponder's numbers and we allknow if Tebow was 13 for 32 (40%) that is all those same people on ESPN would be saying.

I guess I am limited in what I am allowed to post on these boards. If someone is offended by me posting that type of hypocrisy, like I said, I dont care.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 05:24 AM

Yeah, maybe you didnt read my post. I cant stand the Gators. I cant stand Gator fans.

I PLAYED AT FSU. Yes, I was a walk on at FSU. I have been a Bronco fan my entire life. Since 1975. My uncle (my guardian) went to University of Denver. I lived with him from 5 to 7 after my parents died.

You think I give one damn what your little opinion is of me? Like I told that other self righteous, condescending moron, I couldnt care less. It is obvious to me you hated the last 5 minutes of Sunday.

It is pathetic and it is actually fans like you that makes the fan base smell.

Drek
10-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Rams actually lost their 1st 2nd and 3rd CB.

All their corners except Bartell are fungible though. Bartell was/is good. Without him they had a massive and immediate drop in their secondary play.

Agamemnon
10-26-2011, 03:00 AM

The Rams aren't winning 5 games. No chance of that.