PDA

View Full Version : "Now Iím getting fired."

DomCasual
10-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I thought this was interesting (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/10/tony-sparano-pleas-to-refs-saying-now-im-getting-fired.html), and sort of sad.

When Tony Sparano called timeout after the game-tying TD yesterday, he apparently did it out of desperation, to get the play reviewed. When he called the timeout, he was apparently overheard telling the ref: "If I donít call timeout weíre all ****ed. Now Iím getting fired."

I'll admit that I can't stand Sparano. In Shanahan's last year, we lost that really unpleasant game at home against Miami. Sparano acted like an ignorant, chest-thumping douche during and after that game, IMO. Still, it's sad to see someone in such a desperate situation.

At the link, there's also video of Brandon Marshall's post-game interview with the Miami media. There isn't much there - although he does say that Matt Prater would have probably choked on the field goal, had it been from inside 40 yards.

CEH
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Marshall and Fasono were not even on the field for the on side kick attempt
An simple extra point wins the game

enjolras
10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Marshall and Fasono were not even on the field for the on side kick attempt
An simple extra point wins the game

How so? It gives them a 16 point cushion instead of 15. I see no reason to think the Broncos were going to have any trouble scoring on twice on those conversion attempts. The one thing they did well yesterday was generate a LOT of push against the dolphin front.

smoke4815162342
10-24-2011, 03:54 PM
At the link, there's also video of Brandon Marshall's post-game interview with the Miami media. There isn't much there - although he does say that Matt Prater would have probably choked on the field goal, had it been from inside 40 yards.

Ive seen Marshall on ustream a couple times and he usually calls Prater and jokes around about him being a kicker. That comment was just a playful joke. I am not a Marshall fan, just hoping to not see some dumb comments.

ColoradoDarin
10-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Paging Mike Nolan. Will Mike Nolan please report to the VP of Operation's office?

broncosteven
10-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I thought this was interesting (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/10/tony-sparano-pleas-to-refs-saying-now-im-getting-fired.html), and sort of sad.

When Tony Sparano called timeout after the game-tying TD yesterday, he apparently did it out of desperation, to get the play reviewed. When he called the timeout, he was apparently overheard telling the ref: "If I donít call timeout weíre all ****ed. Now Iím getting fired."

I'll admit that I can't stand Sparano. In Shanahan's last year, we lost that really unpleasant game at home against Miami. Sparano acted like an ignorant, chest-thumping douche during and after that game, IMO. Still, it's sad to see someone in such a desperate situation.

Regardless of his comments a pro HC has to make that TO in hopes that it is reviewed.

They should get more crap for pulling a Marty and going into a prevent the last 2 drives.

HAT
10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
They should get more crap for pulling a Marty and going into a prevent the last 2 drives.

Now you've gone and done it!

broncosteven
10-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Now you've gone and done it!

What did I do now?

HAT
10-24-2011, 08:40 PM
What did I do now?

Virtually assured that this thread will get macguano'd. :thumbsup:

broncosteven
10-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Virtually assured that this thread will get macguano'd. :thumbsup:

Arrrgg sorry, didn't mean for that to happen...

I am going to bed.

TheReverend
10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Well there certainly wasn't any "prevent", for the record.

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 09:43 PM

You are a retard. Hilarious!

McDman
10-24-2011, 11:18 PM

Can you never just explain how someone is wrong instead of calling them an idiot or retard? Seriously, are you a freshman in high school?

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Can you never just explain how someone is wrong instead of calling them an idiot or retard? Seriously, are you a freshman in high school?

Sure I can. But when people say things like that I don't feel like bothering. People talk about prevent defense all the time and most of them don't seem to actually know what it is. But here you go:

A team playing some deep zones is not running a prevent defense. A team playing their corners back a bit is not a prevent defense. A prevent defense is a formation that generally involves a three man line, one linebacker, and seven defensive backs.

Thus anyone claiming Miami ran a prevent defense at all in that game is retarded (or more politely put, ignorant regarding the game of football).

Baba Booey
10-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Sparano and Marshall can both go piss up a flagpole.

That One Guy
10-25-2011, 04:06 AM

They say Mac is coming and Agamemnon shows up. Coincidence?

errand
10-25-2011, 05:41 AM
They say Mac is coming and Agamemnon shows up. Coincidence?

I think not.....

broncosteven
10-25-2011, 11:18 AM

I am looking forward to you guys break it down on the podcast, I shouldn't have generalized without having the game on DVR to rewatch. It is hard enough to see the secondary line up on TV live with kids running around, I shouldn't generalize one thing when trying to say another.

bendog
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM

not so sure about that. They definitely opted out of their blitz heavy approach, which Tebow showed absolutely no ability to beat. But then on one of the final drives, Mia DID blitz, Tebow picked it up nicely, and burned them with a completion.

I'm still shaking my head. A totally different qb. But I couldn't really tell from the replay whether Mia just want to a vanilla cover three or what. I'm waiting for mediator to tell me.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
not so sure about that. They definitely opted out of their blitz heavy approach, which Tebow showed absolutely no ability to beat. But then on one of the final drives, Mia DID blitz, Tebow picked it up nicely, and burned them with a completion.

I'm still shaking my head. A totally different qb. But I couldn't really tell from the replay whether Mia just want to a vanilla cover three or what. I'm waiting for mediator to tell me.

The truth is they stopped being as aggressive and went into more of a bend but dont break mentality. Not a true prevent.

Our fanbase is officially a bunch of teenage girls.

TheReverend
10-25-2011, 12:59 PM

That's asinine.

"They stopped blitzing, but they blitzed and he beat it!"

I broke down some details of those last drives and what Miami was doing defensively but I'm positive we'll be discussing it on the podcast tonight. If not, I'll post it here tonight/tomorrow morning.