PDA

View Full Version : Lions will be a real test

BroncoBuff
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Their offense is 2nd in the league in points scored ...

Offense/defense points differential is 4th ...

Stafford is 6th in the league in QB rating ...

And then there's Calvin Johnson.

They've lost 2 straight and are 5-2, but in sum, these are not your father's Detroit Lions.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8149/staffordn.jpg

maher_tyler
10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
The Champ CJ match up will be intriguing...

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Lions will be pissed losing two straight... wrong time to play them unfortunately.

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Some say they've been exposed over the last 2 weeks.

Hopefully Tebow plays better early and we feed off the crowd and get a little uncle mo and maybe make the season interesting by getting another.

SoCalBronco
10-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Tebow will be a real test for the Lions.

bronco militia
10-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Lions will be a real test

yeah, I'm not sure these Broncos are for real

Bob's your Information Minister
10-23-2011, 10:31 PM
The Lions are going to pisspound the Donks.

It will be a bloodbath.

Tebow will cry tears of blood.

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 10:33 PM

It will be a bloodbath.

Quit projecting your sexual fantasies onto our quarterback.

baja
10-23-2011, 10:34 PM

It will be a bloodbath.

Weak dude weak!!!!!

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 10:35 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6695/weaksauce.jpg

^5

Popps
10-23-2011, 10:40 PM

It will be a bloodbath.

I wouldn't have thought we stood much of a chance until this post.

Now, it's on.

Popps
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM
I had my weeks mixed up. Was thinking Oakland was next week. Would have probably preferred that, frankly. Detroit is going to be livid.

AZorange1
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Timmy and the boys made not do too bad considering Stafford will probably be out for a week or two with his foot/leg injury.

Pick Six
10-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Megatron will be difficult to contain, but I hope our Optimus Prime (Tebow) is up to the challenge...:strong:

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Maybe not, they can't run the ball nor defend against it. I think this could be a very close game and I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Broncos take them out next week. The tough part of the game is going to be if the CB's and ST's can stay with the Lions WR's and at the same time get some pressure on Stafford.

WABronco
10-23-2011, 11:10 PM
I would love to **** stomp Jim Schwartz. Highly unlikely, but it would make my day that much better.

vonqkilla
10-23-2011, 11:18 PM

Lmao, to see if they can break him or not like chuck norris vs wood boards?

That kind of test?

If you believe, say one for Tim this week.

ant1999e
10-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Timmy and the boys made not do too bad considering Stafford will probably be out for a week or two with his foot/leg injury.

Isn't their rb out as well?

Miss I.
10-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I would really like to stomp those bastards into the ground. I met a Douchebag Detroit fan at Wembley yesterday. Let's see, he booed my Broncos gear, talked smack about the team, only a bit about Tebow, and took his Detroit jersey off so he could wear some shirt that talked about ducks and sweaty balls. Seriously, I didn't have anything against Detroit until yesterday, but now I want them to lose, possibly more than the Raiders which is weird because I really really really hate the Raiders. Anyway, I haven't seen our game from yesterday so don't tell me how it ends. ;D

SoCalBronco
10-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Lmao, to see if they can break him or not like chuck norris vs wood boards?

That kind of test?

If you believe, say one for Tim this week.

Tim's not the one who should be worried.

BroncoBuff
10-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Maybe not ... the graphic snippet in the first post above says he's okay.

The mindset of a winner, sir! You have been bullish on Timbo from Jump Street, 100%.

Your line reminds me of that list of sayings/quips that's pulled out for a new player every year, e.g. "Patrick Willis is not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of Patrick Willis," etc. What's the over/under on that list showing up for Tebow ...

UberBroncoMan
10-23-2011, 11:39 PM

It will be a bloodbath.

The Christian being fed to the Lions...

Someone has read Quo Vadis too much.

vonqkilla
10-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Tim's not the one who should be worried.

Um, okay Socal. That time Tim had today, cut it in half. Its gonna be ugly unless dratic changes are made.

2 te sets, chip the des at least so we can give Tim time, if not keep them there then delay a route. I dont see him figuring out his feet and mecanics, which means bad accuracy.

Maybe he's calmer at home, and sets and fires.

Id set the line at lions -8

MrPeepers
10-24-2011, 12:17 AM
The Christian being fed to the Lions...

Someone has read Quo Vadis too much.

or this

Cito Pelon
10-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Well, I feel confident Denver will keep the streak of not being shut out alive.

Doggcow
10-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Lions will be pissed losing two straight... wrong time to play them unfortunately.

This **** never makes sense to me. I'd always rather play a team that's coming off losses than a team that's coming off wins... Just makes sense.

ColoradoDarin
10-24-2011, 05:52 AM
Send everybody on D after Stafford early on, we can (legally) knock him out of the game. Let Joe Mays truck Jahvid one time and sit his a** on the bench too. Champ shuts down Megatron and we let Tebow be Tebow.

How did these Lions go from loveable losers to arrogant a**holes in 7 weeks?

Ugly Duck
10-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Hopefully Tebow plays better early

Better than 24 yards passing with 5 minutes to go? Ease up on the kid!

Old Dude
10-24-2011, 06:22 AM
If Ayers & Doom and McGahee are all out, I think we're toast no matter who we play. I still don't see this team finishing better than 4-12.

Elway 4 Life
10-24-2011, 06:25 AM
If we dont come up with an answer on our oline suh and friends our gonna have a field day. Miami sacked tebow 7 or 8 times with a far inferior defense. Moreno does not instill confidence in me at all and Willis may be out for a while. Im scared of this game.

Rabb
10-24-2011, 06:29 AM
This **** never makes sense to me. I'd always rather play a team that's coming off losses than a team that's coming off wins... Just makes sense.

not just that but the good teams don't need losses/anger to flip the magical winning switch

oubronco
10-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Their defensive line is nasty and will have a heyday

TonyR
10-24-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm mostly worried about Tony Scheffler and Alphonso Smith...

Traveler
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM

If things hold true about former players, Sheff & Smith will have a good game against us.

jhns
10-24-2011, 07:29 AM
This is going to be a tough game for the offense. Hopefully the defense can make some big plays.

Ive watched some Lions and I didn't realize how big Fairley is. I thought he was under 300 but he looks like hes 320 on TV.

TonyR
10-24-2011, 07:37 AM

If you ever listen to the odds/gambling guys there actually is something to it. There is an ebb and flow to the season and teams don't get up to the same degree every week. "Good teams" are to some degree expected to get for a game more after a loss then after a win. One would expect a good team like Detroit to end a 2 game losing streak then to extend it. Doesn't always work but the factor would lean strongly in Detroit's direction.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Suh once gave Tyrod Taylor 9 seconds to complete a pass.

Steve Sewell
10-24-2011, 09:12 AM
I think the Broncos are going to run the **** out of the ball next Sunday. Apparently Detroit is really struggling against the run right now. Expect another Miami-esque offensive game plan next week. /snore

Kid A
10-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Suh once gave Tyrod Taylor 9 seconds to complete a pass.

Let's never talk about that game ever again ever.

Elway 4 Life
10-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I think the Broncos are going to run the **** out of the ball next Sunday. Apparently Detroit is really struggling against the run right now. Expect another Miami-esque offensive game plan next week. /snore

Ummmmm....really. With moreno?ROFL!

ColoradoDarin
10-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Ummmmm....really. With moreno?ROFL!

It's Lance Ball time baby!!!

(.....says the guy who was wearing his Moreno jersey yesterday)

Elway 4 Life
10-24-2011, 09:43 AM
It's Lance Ball time baby!!!

(.....says the guy who was wearing his Moreno jersey yesterday)

lol. I hope the Moreno/Ball combo can do something. Not very hopeful though. I have a feeling that the lions are gonna stack the line and beg Tebow to beat them with his arm.

bowtown
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Lions will be a real test

yeah, I'm not sure these Broncos are for real

^^^

This. Fianlly we will get a real test to see if we are a Super Bowl calliber team or not.

bowtown
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM

Scheff is going to be so fired up for this game, he might blow out 2 knees.

ColoradoDarin
10-24-2011, 09:55 AM
lol. I hope the Moreno/Ball combo can do something. Not very hopeful though. I have a feeling that the lions are gonna stack the line and beg Tebow to beat them with his arm.

It's on McCoy and Tebow to beat that then, wheel routes & screens - slow down their D, get them second guessing. Hopefully more of the rust will be off by then and Tebow lights it up.

Elway 4 Life
10-24-2011, 09:58 AM
It's on McCoy and Tebow to beat that then, wheel routes & screens - slow down their D, get them second guessing. Hopefully more of the rust will be off by then and Tebow lights it up.

I agree. I feel more confident making this statement now....As long as the game is fairly close in the 4th we have a great chance with Tebow behind center.

strafen
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Scheff is going to be so fired up for this game, he might blow out 2 knees.Hopefully these trademark stupid comments from you, won't turn into a reversed karma to one of our players, moron!

strafen
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
McCoy's got to put Tebow in a better position to succeed.
Tebow's got all the tools to become a nightmare for opposing defenses.

I honestly believe McCoy got no clue how to device a game plan for Tebow.
Heck, I don't even think he's got a clue how to use him.

No-hurdle late in the game proved it was Tebow doing what he does best.
Turn the guy loose. Tebow is a guy who loves to get fired up and fire up everybody else around him.
He looked subdue for most of the game. That wasn't the Tebow we are used to seeing.
This BS play-calling won't cut it!

Dedhed
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Maybe not ... the graphic snippet in the first post above says he's okay ...

It says he'll play, but I would doubt he's 100%. Hopefully he tries to go but isn't anywhere near himself.

I'd prefer that to a team rallying around a backup. I hate that scenario.

Rigs11
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
with mgahee out and that detroit D? ouch

ColoradoDarin
10-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I tell you this, we may lose, we may lose big, but I am never, ever going to count out a Tim Tebow led team until the clock is all zeroes.

bendog
10-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I would love to **** stomp Jim Schwartz. Highly unlikely, but it would make my day that much better.

Hard for me to see how a guy who coached both Balt and Tenn defenses could be such a .... dramaqueen. Ryan should make him suck his toes. Cable should just punch it out with him on the 50 yard line after a game.

Traveler
10-24-2011, 10:24 AM
I will be watching the OL to gauge their progress. Detroit's DL is similar to OAK. Hopefully Walton and Beadles can anchor better and aren't skates like they were in the Raiders game.

Dedhed
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
^^^

This. Fianlly we will get a real test to see if we are a Super Bowl calliber team or not.

Lol. Yes it was a fun win, but there's not much debate about whether the Broncos are a legit NFL team at this point. They're not.

MileHighMagic
10-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Matthew Stafford (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5132/Matthew-Stafford) suffered knee and ankle injuries late, and had a “noticeable limp” in the locker room after Sunday’s loss to the Falcons, according to MLive.com. Stafford says he was going to attempt to return to the game if the Lions had gotten the ball back, but he never got that chance. Meanwhile, ProFootballTalk.com reports that Stafford is headed for an MRI on Monday, which should clarify his outlook. Shaun Hill (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/1216/Shaun-Hill) immediately becomes a viable start in fantasy leagues if Stafford ends up missing time.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/39103/77/run-dmc-needs-an-md

NFLBRONCO
10-24-2011, 11:31 AM
I had my weeks mixed up. Was thinking Oakland was next week. Would have probably preferred that, frankly. Detroit is going to be livid.

Raiders will be pissed to losing like they did plus having a bye week.

Yoda
10-24-2011, 11:34 AM

LOL ROFL! LOL

Broncos4tw
10-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Well, we have a very rough road ahead. We have the Lions, the Patriots, Bills, Chicago.. and of course Sandy Eggo and the Faders at Oakland. I hope they open up the playbook very quickly for Tebow - because ofter playing a winless Fins team, it's going to get much harder.

Pony Boy
10-24-2011, 01:01 PM
The Champ CJ match up will be intriguing...

Do you really think Champ will play 2 games in a row....... that would be cool.

oubronco
10-24-2011, 02:24 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lol-keep-your-cool-schwartzy.jpg

Miss I.
10-24-2011, 02:35 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000219770/polls_lions11wo_785292_feature_0359_248126_poll_xl arge.jpeg

promotional item being given out to the visiting fans next week. ;D
Welcome to Mile High Lions fans...

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
All we need to do is fool a boy named Suh.

CEH
10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
If there is a team where a running QB could find himself in for some pain it's against the nasty boy of Detroit

Be interesting to see how teams start to play Tebow. He wasn't going up against anything near as good as DET in MIA

RaiderH8r
10-24-2011, 03:00 PM

Christian in the arena against the Lions? Man....the Tebow is going to bring the walls down. This time...it's Biblical.

pricejj
10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
With McGahee out 1 to 2 weeks with a broken hand, Tebow is going to have to air it out to win. This means he will have to make quick decisions, step up in the pocket, and fire...

...Knowshon ain't no McGahee, so if the passing game isn't on target...it's gonna be a long day.

thessbronco
10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Thinking about a different dimension to this game. There's been intermittent talk in the past few years about the diminished advantage of playing in Denver. Does anyone think the drama of that win in Miami will change our home field dynamic?

I get that given the play of Stafford & Johnson, as well as the Lion's defensive line, that we don't match up particularly well. However, if the offensive comes out with a hot hand & the defense gets a couple good early stops will that raise the level of crowd intensity to a level beyond what has been typically seen in the last few years?

Many posters seem to think that the defense appears to play harder when Tebow's behind centre. If he comes out with even a bit of a hot hand & makes a play, whether in the running game OR the passing game, will that ignite the crowd to an extent that they will be fired up enough to disrupt Stafford's rhythm?

I live in Canada, so obviously don't get to go to games, so I'm curious how people think the comeback win & near comeback win will affect the home crowd in the coming weeks.