PDA

View Full Version : Schefter Tebow tidbits from ESPN

Gutless Drunk
10-23-2011, 09:15 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2W1rQUgf_mM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

"There were two members of the broncos front office who sent me a text after the game: One said "This kid has something special" his words not mine. The other one said exactly "unreal".

UberBroncoMan
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2W1rQUgf_mM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

"There were two members of the broncos front office who sent me a text after the game: One said "This kid has something special" his words not mine. The other one said exactly "unreal".

HOLY ****. I remember reading the quote Schefter talked about. That's pretty awesome.

schaaf
10-23-2011, 09:20 PM
I wonder what the Dolphins coaches are thinking right now???

NFLBRONCO
10-23-2011, 09:23 PM
LOL

Inkana7
10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I think this proves once and for all that writers come to message boards for material.

WABronco
10-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I love the circle jerk. Tebow is at the center and not one **** is given by him.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Someone sent that messageboard comment to Shefter on Twitter..

Garcia Bronco
10-23-2011, 09:46 PM
the coverage this is getting is ridiculous. I am amazed. It's pretty much the lead story, and there was a world series game tonight.

DenverBrit
10-23-2011, 10:05 PM
the coverage this is getting is ridiculous. I am amazed. It's pretty much the lead story, and there was a world series game tonight.

Poker? ;D

lostknight
10-23-2011, 10:06 PM
HOLY ****. I remember reading the quote Schefter talked about. That's pretty awesome.

I remember writing the quote he is talking about :egbgb:

Garcia Bronco
10-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Poker? ;D

lol..

Mogulseeker
10-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I wonder which message board Schefter was on?

Requiem
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Brian Xanders is undoubtedly one of them. Says he's teachin' Tebow the quickest pizza delivery routes.

schaaf
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
I think someone tweeted this to Schefter, saying this is from a broncos message board... but who knows I could see Schefter being Macgruder....

schaaf
10-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Brian Xanders is undoubtedly one of them. Says he's teachin' Tebow the quickest pizza delivery routes.

hahaha i have no idea who started the Xanders as a pizza boy joke but hot damn i love every single one

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I think someone tweeted this to Schefter, saying this is from a broncos message board... but who knows I could see Schefter being Macgruder....

If Tebow sent you a wonderful handwritten Christmas card you'd defend him too..

strafen
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Yup...
Today we saw the worst and the best of Tebow.
He provided enough ammunicion to his critics to shoot at him, and enough ammunicion to his supporters to shoot back...
I've said Tebow will start to really play better in another 5 games.
The speed of the game will have by then slowed down for him.
We saw that today. It was very understandable, he was not in sync with his receivers and it looked like he was forcing himself to stay in the pocket.
He didn't know if to stay or to run.

I think the way the game was called it was to keep him on a short leash, that was evidenced by the number of running plays called. It was as though they didn't trust him throwing the ball. Tebow's got to have sensed that. That was killing his confidence without a doubt.
I really don't understand why his critics were quick to crucify the guy as if he was a 5-year veteran. Give me a break!
Perhaps the expectations were too high today, and when he didn't bring the excitement everybody was looking for, the depression set it.

Give the guy a chance to keep working on his game. The play calling was horrible, but when we needed the win, it was Tebow time.
Let him do what he does best. Let him play his game and he'll be alright.

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Tebow's team became the first to rally from a deficit of at least 15 points in the final three minutes since at least 1983, according to STATS LLC. (they said in nfl history on espn but think they may have misspoke , either way)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2011/10/23/4492_recap.html#ixzz1bfb62svJ

Garcia Bronco
Another thing of note was Bailey, Dawkins, and several other players hugged Tebow right after the game.

Requiem

MacGruder. When Tim Tebow was drafted by the Broncos I went and drank an 18 pack of Bush Light.

Guess what I did because of Tebow's late game excitement? :wave:

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 10:27 PM
MacGruder. When Tim Tebow was drafted by the Broncos I went and drank an 18 pack of Bush Light.

Guess what I did because of Tebow's late game excitement? :wave:

You said "I realize now what MacGruder is trying to tell us all"?

RaiderH8r
10-23-2011, 10:29 PM

I can do it better.

baja
10-23-2011, 10:30 PM

Dude? Really??

You are a stalker level Tebow fan because he sent you a handwritten Christmas card??

schaaf
10-23-2011, 10:31 PM

Nailed It!!!!

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Dude? Really??

That was an inside joke.. Schefter told some story about Tebow being the only athlete to ever do that - send him a handwritten Christmas card..

Requiem
10-23-2011, 10:36 PM

Let me be real with ya MacGroodles. I've been a Florida State Seminoles fan since I was a kid and will be till the day I die. My uncle played tight end there in the late 80s and was a real inspiration to the football fans in the family and naturally I grew up hating the Gators.

I always thought Tebow was a great football player, but didn't think that he could succeed in the NFL. He gives it his all and he loves Jesus. With that combination, he is likely bound for success. In the first three quarters today, I lost all hope for Big Time Timmy Tebow.

However, I saw Tim do some pretty special things today. Still has to improve a lot. Maybe in reality the NFL is gonna have to adjust to the Timmy Dynamic. Cam Newton still balls out way the **** more than Tim, but Tim could be the one.

But I think you would admit Christian Ponder is the much better player. So get real buddy!

RaiderH8r
10-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Let me be real with ya MacGroodles. I've been a Florida State Seminoles fan since I was a kid and will be till the day I die. My uncle played tight end there in the late 80s and was a real inspiration to the football fans in the family and naturally I grew up hating the Gators.

I always thought Tebow was a great football player, but didn't think that he could succeed in the NFL. He gives it his all and he loves Jesus. With that combination, he is likely bound for success. In the first three quarters today, I lost all hope for Big Time Timmy Tebow.

However, I saw Tim do some pretty special things today. Still has to improve a lot. Maybe in reality the NFL is gonna have to adjust to the Timmy Dynamic. Cam Newton still balls out way the **** more than Tim, but Tim could be the one.

But I think you would admit Christian Ponder is the much better player. So get real buddy!

Slap Scam Newton with a dose of Mike Mccoy and see what his production does. Oh, and then trade Steve Smith out of town for a bag of marbles.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 10:45 PM

You gotta realize though man.. Fox's O will make ANY QB look like garbage..

Put Tebow in those other offenses and he would look just as good as Ponder or Cam.. and he would win more, too.

Cam Newton should be sending money to Fox.. because if anyone else is coaching that O they never get the number one pick last year to get Cam.. and then Cam ends up on a really bad offense and looking worse than Tebow.

Plus.. people need to remember.. Tebow is changing his throwing motion. I have never seen him make passes like he did today before changing his motion. Playing in such a old fashioned pro style offense doesn't help either I am sure.

smoke4815162342
10-24-2011, 12:36 AM
I remember writing the quote he is talking about :egbgb:

big kudos to you!!!

smoke4815162342
10-24-2011, 12:38 AM

WOW

Your an FSU fan and hand family play there? Yet you have a Cane flashin The U in your avatar..... I would whoop if I was in ya family.

You can't be trusted. haha

Requiem
10-24-2011, 10:47 AM
WOW

Your an FSU fan and hand family play there? Yet you have a Cane flashin The U in your avatar..... I would whoop if I was in ya family.

You can't be trusted. haha

I'm a fan of good prospects and think Miller would be an awesome back for the Broncos.

DrFate
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
there was a world series game tonight.

just not a very good one ;)

Dedhed
10-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Tebow's team became the first to rally from a deficit of at least 15 points in the final three minutes since at least 1983, according to STATS LLC. (they said in nfl history on espn but think they may have misspoke , either way)
It was the first time since the NFL/AFL merger in 1970.

MacGruder
10-24-2011, 04:10 PM
This comment that the critics and supporters of Tebow were both proven right yesterday really doesn't make sense...

Because Tebow played EXTREMELY well for parts of that game.. and Tebow's critics say he isn't capable of that...

The argument has now become "Tebow will never be consistent"

If his good outweighs his bad enough to get wins then consistency doesn't matter.

And this is true of ALL QBs... many pocket passers may LOOK perfect throwing the ball and standing in the poket like statues (Orton).. but that doesn't mean they are perfect.

People are raving about Christian ponder.. he was playing with Adrian Peterson who put up monster numbers. Imagine if Tebow was playing with Peterson.. that is all we would hear about.