PDA

View Full Version : Tebow v Luck

Turd_Ferguson
10-23-2011, 07:46 PM
After watching todays game, which was one of the most exciting ending I remember, but was also a game in which Tebow at times struggled, I'm wondering if Denver had the opportunity to draft Luck how many people on here would want Luck over Tebow

Requiem
10-23-2011, 07:47 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/files/2010/11/PX00146_9.jpg

TonyR
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
We have 10 more weeks to evaluate, but as of right now if you get the first pick in the draft Luck is a no brainer. But we're not going to get that pick.

hookemhess
10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm a Tebow fan and supporter, but this whole circle jerk is getting a little ridiculous.

JoRo
10-23-2011, 07:51 PM
We have 10 more weeks to evaluate, but as of right now if you get the first pick in the draft Luck is a no brainer. But we're not going to get that pick.

Agreed, we won't get number one. But you'd be crazy not to choose Luck over Tebow. (or a gator fan)

Luck coming out has all the talk of being the next "no brainer" qb

Tebow was sposed to be a mid round pick.

Granted I like Tebow alot, but if they came out in the same draft and I could take either one. I'd silence my phone and run to the podium, cuz I'm about to get Luck-y

razorwire77
10-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Anybody catching the Colts v. Saints? Yeah, we aren't getting the number 1 pick.

Kaylore
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Luck. But it doesn't matter because we aren't getting the number 1 pick.

SoCalBronco
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
We're not going to get the No. 1 pick, but if we somehow did, I would go with Luck even though I have tremendous respect for Tebow.

GreatBronco16
10-23-2011, 08:01 PM
I picked Tebow only because we are not getting Luck. Some of you are delusional.

We would have to lose out to even have a chance at him now.

UberBroncoMan
10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
We're not going to get the No. 1 pick, but if we somehow did, I would go with Luck even though I have tremendous respect for Tebow.

This

NFLBRONCO
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Luck by far (even though we pissed that away)

No offense to Tebow just rather have a QB like Luck.

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
The only way we get the #1 pick is if the Rams get it and we trade a king's ransom for it.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
John Fox would make ANY QB look like **** i this era.. wouldn't matter if it was Luck Or Peyton Manning..

Turd_Ferguson
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I understand they aren't going to get the first pick St Louis and Indy are garbage, I was more using Luck as an example.. I just wandered if people are so in love with Tebow they have no interest in a highly ranked rookie QB. I really like Tebow but I dont think I would draft him in the first round of the upcoming draft.

jhns
10-23-2011, 08:18 PM
There is no way we will be in position to draft him. Tebow is 2-2 with a team Orton took to 4-14 these past two seasons. He will win more games.

If we somehow got a chance at Luck, Elway probably takes him.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I understand they aren't going to get the first pick St Louis and Indy are garbage, I was more using Luck as an example.. I just wandered if people are so in love with Tebow they have no interest in a highly ranked rookie QB. I really like Tebow but I dont think I would draft him in the first round of the upcoming draft.

What has Luck done to deserve to be considered on Tebow's level coming out of college?

All these guys who are hyped coming out of college are glorified game managers.

Yes, Luck will be more capable of managing a pro style offense out of the gates than Tebow.. but will he be a winner?

Beating up PAC10 defenses doesn't prove anything. People knock Tebow but he played the toughest D in college football.

uplink
10-23-2011, 08:34 PM
I take Tebow. Guys are making plays at the ends of games now all over the field and it hasn't happened in Denver in awhile. Have to think it has something to do with Tebow's intangibles. Its only the elite (less than 10) QBs that elevate their games like Tebow does at the end, he needs some work but the promise is there as he continues to get better.

GreatBronco16
10-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Would I like to build around Luck 'IF' we could get him without selling the farm for him???? Well yes.

But, since we can't get him, might as well stick with Tebow.

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 08:56 PM
There is no way we will be in position to draft him. Tebow is 2-2 with a team Orton took to 4-14 these past two seasons. He will win more games.

If we somehow got a chance at Luck, Elway probably takes him.

Against KC at home perhaps, and Minnesota on the road maybe... other then that, hard to pick Denver to beat anyone on their schedule. But I agree, they won't get Luck. Should still have a pick in the 5-10 range that will hopefully have a big impact out of the gate.

Garcia Bronco
10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
It would seem that Tebow and luck are in the same team. :p

Turd_Ferguson
10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
What has Luck done to deserve to be considered on Tebow's level coming out of college?

All these guys who are hyped coming out of college are glorified game managers.

Yes, Luck will be more capable of managing a pro style offense out of the gates than Tebow.. but will he be a winner?

Beating up PAC10 defenses doesn't prove anything. People knock Tebow but he played the toughest D in college football.

I'm not going to bash Tebow cause I like the guy, but this is retarded... Luck plays for stanford.. Before Luck they were one of THE WORST teams in the PAC10/12, now they are number 6 in the country and undefeated. I don't know if he will be a stud NFL QB but dont act like the guy isn't talented, extremely smart, and as much a "winner" as any QB to come along in the last few years. Tebow is a winner and he won... At Florida.. with an SEC defense, and a stellar supporting cast. You can like Tebow and still see other QBs on the side you aren't married to him.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm not going to bash Tebow cause I like the guy, but this is retarded... Luck plays for stanford.. Before Luck they were one of THE WORST teams in the PAC10/12, now they are number 6 in the country and undefeated. I don't know if he will be a stud NFL QB but dont act like the guy isn't talented, extremely smart, and as much a "winner" as any QB to come along in the last few years. Tebow is a winner and he won... At Florida.. with an SEC defense, and a stellar supporting cast. You can like Tebow and still see other QBs on the side you aren't married to him.

Yes but Harbough just took a garbage NFL team and QB and has them looking great too..

I don't think you realize how bad the PAC10 D is.

Yes Tebow had a SEC D but he plays against them too. Let's see Luck RUN against a SEC D like he does in the PAC10.. let's see him pass so well against an SEC D.

He will have all his flaws exposed as well.

For example.. I have not been impressed with Luck's arm strength at all.. yet you never hear anyone mention that.

If you want to be considered the best you need to play the best and perform as well against the best.. Are we supposed to cut Lcuk slack because he chose to play lesser competition? If ou want to be considered the best play the bast.

Look at Colt McCoy.. Texas' team is loaded too.. but when Colt faced a SEC d he couldn't make it through 1 quarter. Everything changes when you play a physical D without a Oline protecting you. Tebow's line was like a sieve in college and he took horrific beating and still dominated. Florida just had both their QBs knocked out by SEC Ds. Tebow made it through 4 years without missing a game.

I just don't understand why people never doubt these QBs outside the SEC and all they do is knock guys who played in the SEC.... look at Sam Bradford right now..

JDB7821
10-23-2011, 09:24 PM
If I was choosing a quarterback to start a franchise with and had a free choice between the two, I would pick Luck from a front office/coaching perspective. On the other hand, I think I would rather play with Tebow from a player's perspective. The guy looks shaky at best for a good part of the game and then rallies the team like any great quarterback. He has all the things you can't teach. The rest can be taught in due time.

maher_tyler
10-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Went with Luck. I like Tebow but Luck is gonna be a beast.

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Luck has a good chance to go against an SEC team in the BCS championship game. Guess we'll find out then if he can play against the best conference in college football.

Don't really get how anyone could question his arm strength tho... and comparing him to Colt, doesn't really make much sense.

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 09:39 PM
You know I'm getting damn sick and tire of this Luck crap. Luck can Suck it as far as I'm concerned.The Broncos win a game today and some butt munch posts a poll like this. What for? You guys that hate on Tebow just can't stand to see this guy succeed no matter what. The Broncos more than likely ARE NOT GOING TO GET TO DRAFT LUCK OR EVEN TRADE FOR HIM FOR GOD's SAKE SO GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Quit looking to the 2012 season and focus on TODAY. We don't have any control over tomorrow only today. The Broncos and Tebow are going to win more games than they lose the rest of the season so stop and appreciate the team for what it is now and get behind them. The season is far from over and even though the Broncos have a boat load of problems going forward who knows what will happen. The Chargers lost today and the Raiders got shut out by the Chiefs. Did you haters out there see the highlights? Do you understand there's still plenty of games left to make a run at the AFC West as hard as it might be to win it?

I can't beileve how many fans or so called fans on this site have written off the idea that maybe just maybe Tebow could be our QB of the future and a damn good one at that.

RhymesayersDU
10-23-2011, 09:46 PM
You know I'm getting damn sick and tire of this Luck crap. Luck can Suck it as far as I'm concerned.The Broncos win a game today and some butt munch posts a poll like this. What for? You guys that hate on Tebow just can't stand to see this guy succeed no matter what. The Broncos more than likely ARE NOT GOING TO GET TO DRAFT LUCK OR EVEN TRADE HIM FOR GOD's SAKE SO GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Quit looking to the 2012 season and focus on TODAY. We don't have any control over tomorrow only today. The Broncos and Tebow are going to win more games than they lose the rest fo the season so stop and appreciate the team for what it is now and get behind them. The season is far from over and even though the Broncos have a boat load of problems going forward who knows what will happen. The Chargers lost today and the Raiders got shut out by the Chiefs. Did you haters out there see the highlights? Do you understand there's still plenty of games left to make a run at the AFC West as hard as it might be to win it?

I can't beileve how many fans or so called fans on this site have written off the idea that maybe just maybe Tebow could be our QB of the future and a damn good one at that.

LOL

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 09:46 PM
The Broncos and Tebow are going to win more games than they lose the rest fo the season so stop and appreciate the team for what it is now and get behind them.

If I shared your optimism, I probably wouldn't be thinking about the draft at all.

But good teams plan out stuff more then this season. What's wrong with fans guessing what we'll do and who we'll draft in a three year plan? We're all going to be wrong anyways..

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 09:50 PM
37 Fans want a college QB from the pathetically weak Pac 10 whose team hasnít won a major game of consequence over a guy whoís won a National Championship and has been a winner during his whole football career? Iím so sick of hearing about Luck I could puke.

Luck has some talent but this board has IMO created the most overrated college football prospect to ever come out of college in the history of the game. We should rename the Orange Mane the Suck for Luck board instead. Then have his profile in the corner so we can be reminded daily just how we must have this kid and have a constant reminder that he's greatest QB ever to come out of college.

Pick Six
10-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Tebow has the size that makes defenders wonder if they need to be worried about tackling him. Luck doesn't have that "x-factor". Tebow needs to learn the speed of the NFL, as opposed to college. However, I hope that will come with time and reps. I'm sick of having to start over with a new quarterback...

maven
10-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Luck is still a possibility if the Rams get the #1 overall pick.

Wes Mantooth
10-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Luck in 4.5 years.

Wes Mantooth
10-23-2011, 10:03 PM
37 Fans want a college QB from the pathetically weak Pac 10 whose team hasnít won a major game of consequence over a guy whoís won a National Championship and has been a winner during his whole football career? Iím so sick of hearing about Luck I could puke.

Luck has some talent but this board has IMO created the most overrated college football prospect to ever come out of college in the history of the game. We should rename the Orange Mane the Suck for Luck board instead. Then have his profile in the corner so we can be reminded daily just how we must have this kid and have a constant reminder that he's greatest QB ever to come out of college.

You are a genius with your word crafting.

It's also the PAC 12. You are kinda in the middle of it.

Turd_Ferguson
10-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes but Harbough just took a garbage NFL team and QB and has them looking great too..

If you want to be considered the best you need to play the best and perform as well against the best.. Are we supposed to cut Lcuk slack because he chose to play lesser competition? If ou want to be considered the best play the bast.

Look at Colt McCoy.. Texas' team is loaded too.. but when Colt faced a SEC d he couldn't make it through 1 quarter. Everything changes when you play a physical D without a Oline protecting you. Tebow's line was like a sieve in college and he took horrific beating and still dominated. Florida just had both their QBs knocked out by SEC Ds. Tebow made it through 4 years without missing a game.

I just don't understand why people never doubt these QBs outside the SEC and all they do is knock guys who played in the SEC.... look at Sam Bradford right now..

1. Stanford is one of the best academic colleges in the country.. From what i hear luck is incredibly intelligent. He is getting one of the best educations in the country AND is still able to lead what is basically an ivy league school to contention. But I'm sure he went there to avoid playing tough defenses.

2. Why are you talking about Colt McCoy? He went in the third round. Tebow didn't make it through this pre season without injury he will not last in the NFL taking the punishment he did in college... SEE EVERY NFL RUNNING BACK EVER...

3. Nobody doubts SEC quarterbacks. Stafford was an SEC 1st rounder and is doing great right now, Peyton Manning is doing ok out of SEC Tennessee, Eli Manning Ole Miss, but tell me how is Jemarcus Russell doing? He tore it up in the SEC. Maybe you recall T Martin. Or matt flynn or Brodie Coyle. But hey the pac 10 quarterbacks all suck. ELWAY, Palmer, Aaron Rogers, Drew Bledsoe, Warren Moon, Jake Plummer, Troy Aikman, Jim Plunkett.... They just never were tested against tough SEC defenses so they never made it.

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 10:09 PM
1. Stanford is one of the best academic colleges in the country.. From what i hear luck is incredibly intelligent. He is getting one of the best educations in the country AND is still able to lead what is basically an ivy league school to contention. But I'm sure he went there to avoid playing tough defenses.

2. Why are you talking about Colt McCoy? He went in the third round. Tebow didn't make it through this pre season without injury he will not last in the NFL taking the punishment he did in college... SEE EVERY NFL RUNNING BACK EVER...

3. Nobody doubts SEC quarterbacks. Stafford was an SEC 1st rounder and is doing great right now, Peyton Manning is doing ok out of SEC Tennessee, Eli Manning Ole Miss, but tell me how is Jemarcus Russell doing? He tore it up in the SEC. Maybe you recall T Martin. Or matt flynn or Brodie Coyle. But hey the pac 10 quarterbacks all suck. ELWAY, Palmer, Aaron Rogers, Drew Bledsoe, Warren Moon, Jake Plummer, Troy Aikman, Jim Plunkett.... They just never were tested against tough SEC defenses so they never made it.
Hey, just thought I'd let you know the Broncos won today. I know you have your head up Luck's ass right now so maybe you haven't heard.

WABronco
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM

We have achieved something here, boys.

Turd_Ferguson
10-23-2011, 10:14 PM

Never once said a bad thing about Tebow or that i wanted him to fail. Like him think he has fire, great leader, even gets old vets like Champ Bailey fired up to play the game... Not sure he has the accuracy he needs to get his team to the superbowl against the Ravens, and Steelers of the world. Love watching him though he's exciting... The thing is I love the Broncos not Tim Tebow. The football media created Luck not Orange Mane. I just mention Luck cause he is supposed to be the most talented QB in the draft.... You are a.... Butt munch i think is what you called me? oh and its 39 fans now

Turd_Ferguson
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Hey, just thought I'd let you know the Broncos won today. I know you have your head up Luck's ass right now so maybe you haven't heard.

I pulled it out just in time to see the fireworks at the end it was awesome. now 40 fans

WABronco
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSApZngL1AiNIGmNZLDT25udJAwTLYj1 h4UTasmakcxMzFcgPymf1hLM5E1

Horumph!

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 10:18 PM
We have achieved something here, boys.

Am I lying? This board should be a place for Luck Fan Club. Maybe some of you didn't get the memo, the Broncos won today and it's unlikely (so sorry to disappoint you too by the way) the Broncos are going to win to many games to even be talking about it so I wish you'd all give up on this BS. I don't give a **** about Luck. I want the Broncos to win NOW. Is that being unreasonable?

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I pulled it out just in time to see the fireworks at the end it was awesome. now 40 fans

Well good you belong to the club now and you can feel better about yourself then right?

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
I want the Broncos to win NOW. Is that being unreasonable?

I want a billion bucks too. Don't think it's going to happen somehow...

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 10:36 PM
I want a billion bucks too. Don't think it's going to happen somehow... Go panhandle on the street then and the rest of will hope for the best and not be talking about 2012 when we're only in week 7 of the NFL season.

BroncoBuff
10-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Not only will I NOT answer this question, I'm also contacting Rohirrim to get that memory zapper in his avatar ... so I can wipe out any memory of this thread.

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
If I was T.j. I'd add a filter so ever time someone types Andrew Luck it filters it to I like Pizza , gimme Pizza.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_uDxE2RUYBo/TZ0CnJMiBGI/AAAAAAAAC8U/tEipto5rX9k/s1600/multiplicity80.jpg

BroncoBuff
10-23-2011, 10:55 PM
If I was T.j. I'd add a filter so ever time someone types Andrew Luck it filters it to I like Pizza , gimme Pizza.

Good idea.

Or else maybe have every mention of 'Andrew Luck' link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y).

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Good idea.

Or else maybe have every mention of 'Andrew Luck' link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y).

Never gonna get never gonna get (Andrew Luck)

Mile High Mojoe
10-23-2011, 10:57 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_uDxE2RUYBo/TZ0CnJMiBGI/AAAAAAAAC8U/tEipto5rX9k/s1600/multiplicity80.jpg
Hilarious!

smoke4815162342
10-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Luck > Tebow > Rest of Draft prospects

BroncoBuff
10-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Luck > Tebow > Rest of Draft prospects

Weird factoid I came up with: 16 quarterbacks have been drafted in the 1st round over the past six years. Now that Ponder has taken over in Minnesota, only 3 of the 16 did not start at least half their team's games as a rookie: Tebow, Cutler and Brady Quinn.

smoke4815162342
10-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Weird factoid I came up with: 16 quarterbacks have been drafted in the 1st round over the past six years. Now that Ponder has taken over in Minnesota, only 3 of the 16 did not start at least half their team's games as a rookie: Tebow, Cutler and Brady Quinn.

Well Xanders and Ellis did force McD (the one thing they didnt allow him to do) to not trade Orton after drafting Tebow.

That is an interesting factoid though.

RhymesayersDU
10-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Am I lying? This board should be a place for Luck Fan Club. Maybe some of you didn't get the memo, the Broncos won today and it's unlikely (so sorry to disappoint you too by the way) the Broncos are going to win to many games to even be talking about it so I wish you'd all give up on this BS. I don't give a **** about Luck. I want the Broncos to win NOW. Is that being unreasonable?

How is it going through life only being able to see the 5 feet in front of your face at all times? I can't tell if it's fun or if it's wildly frustrating.

Because your last line IS unreasonable. John Elway himself said we're in for a 3-year rebuilding process. We aren't winning anything of consequence any time soon.

Edit: And I'm not saying Luck would magically change this team's woes. We have holes all over. But looking toward the future isn't the heresy you make it out to be.

lod01
10-24-2011, 06:54 AM
24 totally clueless homers so far. This is like comparing a diamond to a pile of ****.

AlphaSeirra
10-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Instead of it being

Tebow vs Luck

Maybe it should be

John Fox vs Bill Belichick

Luck today, is yet another unproven 'flavor of the day' college QB. (R.Leaf - C.McNoun)

Tebow today, is a proven NFL winner, even with an understaffed team with questionable support and coaching.

However, if 70+ % of Denver fans would really rather have Luck,,,,
then push the FO to offer Miami Tebow in a reasonable trade and watch what happens.....

Since Luck is so GREAT,
and Tebow is so crappy,
the Bronco's should actually 'burn the barn' to make that trade happen.

Go for it. :welcome:

chawknz
10-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Too early to say. I've been the biggest Tebow supporter over the past year or so, but I cannot excuse the horrible, horrible game play for most of the game yesterday. Yah, he came back to win it and it was thrilling, but there were 3 other quarters of the game as well.

Rohirrim
10-24-2011, 07:30 AM
It's like asking somebody if they would rather have Flutie or Peyton. I think most would take Peyton. Although Flutie was more fun to watch.

AlphaSeirra
10-24-2011, 07:45 AM
A few selected Current 2011 NFL Pass Efficiency Ratings:
(does not include QB rushing stats, nor their importance)

5. Matt Schaub 96.8
6. Matt Stafford - 95.5
9. Alex Smith - 95.2 (Meyer S/O QB that has been called a 1st rnd bust)

Not Yet Listed - Tim Tebow - 94.4 <<< (Meyer S/O QB that some claimed should be a 3-4 rd pick)

10. Tony Romo - 93.4
13. Michael Vick - 84.4
16. Jay Cutler - 84.0
19. Scam Newton - 82.8
20 Philip Rivers - 82.3

27. Kyle Orton - 75.7
28. Colt McCoy - 75.4
30. Sam Bradford - 72.2 <<< #1 Pick over Tebow in 2010 and a supposedly 'Can't Miss' QB, (like Luck).

The 'genius' scouts claimed that Colt McCoy and benched (3 TD - 9 Int) J.Clausen should have been picked before Tebow.

But keep on listening to those genius scouts and the clueless media moron parrots. :wiggle:

Rohirrim
10-24-2011, 07:53 AM
It took six years to get Alex Smith where he is today.

gyldenlove
10-24-2011, 07:54 AM
I am telling you one thing, if Tebow wins at least 50% of the games this year, we may not play another away game all year, that kid has fans everywhere.

AlphaSeirra
10-24-2011, 08:46 AM
It took six years to get Alex Smith where he is today.

Showing just how INCREDIBLE Tim's play has been so far.

Simth 6 years:
9. Alex Smith - 95.2 (Meyer S/O QB that has been called a 1st rnd bust)

Tebow only 4 starts, with damn little help from the staff/coaches: (thank gawd his teammates believe in him)
10. But Not Yet Listed - Tim Tebow - 94.4 <<< (Meyer S/O QB that some claimed should be a 3-4 rd pick)

With all of their help, coaching, support, and game starts, how have these guys done?
28. Colt McCoy - 75.4
30. Sam Bradford - 72.2
============

Fricasseed brains occur from blue flashing yourself to many times... :wiggle:

Mile High Mojoe
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
It's like asking somebody if they would rather have Flutie or Peyton. I think most would take Peyton. Although Flutie was more fun to watch.

Youíre really reaching now, your sarcastic snipes at times are witty and funny but this is neither. Comparing Tebow to Flutie is about as far off the mark as you can get. Flutie wasnít fun at all to watch in the NFL he was a loser and a bust nor could he equal Tebowís obvious size advantage or skill set.

And much as you hate the idea, Tebow one day is likely to be a good NFL QB, Luck I donít know about. How do you think Luck would have comported himself yesterday had he been allowed to start in Miami?

If he had been sacked 7 times probably more as Tebow was yesterday does he shrink and fold? What if he was pressured as much as Tebow was with the D putting 6 to 8 guys in the box to stop the Broncos running game. Do think his talent and genius alone could have brought the Broncos back with McCoyís conservative O?

Luck must have achieved Super Hero status in your eyes. Something about Luck bothers me, he seems to perfect and he wonít be going to any perfect situation whoever gets him. Talent and being smart or not he wonít be immune to the lumps all rookies have to take on team that get the number one pick in the draft. I sense an epic fail around this kid thatís going to be biblical.

Dedhed
10-24-2011, 12:50 PM
If we qualify naturally (with the worst record in football) taking Luck is the easiest pick ever.

hookemhess
10-24-2011, 01:28 PM
If we qualify naturally (with the worst record in football) taking Luck is the easiest pick ever.

Get that rational approach out of here. This is no place for that kind of logic.

Mile High Mojoe
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
If we qualify naturally (with the worst record in football) taking Luck is the easiest pick ever. In one sentence you said more than my long rant. On this we're in total agreement.

elsid13
10-24-2011, 01:42 PM
I am extremely surprised on almost 3 to 1 preference for Luck.

bendog
10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm surprised, but I agree. However if Tebow can improve steadily, I'd rather have him and a DT like Phillip Taylor, than Luck. I know people jumped all over the elusive kyle orton for it, but really is Tebow can have a career like Kerry Collins, and avoid all the early career drama with his drinking .... he wasn't THAT bad. Tebow should have a better career than that, assuming he can get the footwork/read thing together.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Embarrassing that 26 people of of now would actually not take Luck. Too bad Miami didnt recover the onside kick so we could have the real discussions today that are needed.

Blueflame
10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd like "Mr. Smarter-than-Everyone-Else-Here"... AlphaSeirra(sic)... to inform me exactly who "C. McNoun" is.

DarkHorse30
10-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I heard Luck reminds some of Ryan Leaf

I think Merrill said it......

Drunk Monkey
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
I am extremely surprised on almost 3 to 1 preference for Luck.

I'm not, it is a BS question. Tebow's play YTD hasn't convinced any of the objective sane Bronco fans that he is the future. Most of the people who voted Luck, Myself included, hope Tebow changes our mind. As of now with 1 game under his belt I am not convinced.

It is a BS question because 1 game is not enough time to make that call. Ask me again in a month or so.

broncocalijohn
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Youíre really reaching now, your sarcastic snipes at times are witty and funny but this is neither. Comparing Tebow to Flutie is about as far off the mark as you can get. Flutie wasnít fun at all to watch in the NFL he was a loser and a bust nor could he equal Tebowís obvious size advantage or skill set.

And much as you hate the idea, Tebow one day is likely to be a good NFL QB, Luck I donít know about. How do you think Luck would have comported himself yesterday had he been allowed to start in Miami?

If he had been sacked 7 times probably more as Tebow was yesterday does he shrink and fold? What if he was pressured as much as Tebow was with the D putting 6 to 8 guys in the box to stop the Broncos running game. Do think his talent and genius alone could have brought the Broncos back with McCoyís conservative O?

Luck must have achieved Super Hero status in your eyes. Something about Luck bothers me, he seems to perfect and he wonít be going to any perfect situation whoever gets him. Talent and being smart or not he wonít be immune to the lumps all rookies have to take on team that get the number one pick in the draft. I sense an epic fail around this kid thatís going to be biblical.

You can be so wrong in one post. First, I know you are way older (older than my at 41) than most here, but if you cant remember what Flutie did for Buffalo (took over for the enept Rob Johnson) and for San Diego after the Ryan Leaf fiasco, then your memory is very short. Flutie brought excitement to those teams when it was badly needed. He had heart just like Tebow does. As for Luck, compare his stats and his Stanford team record.
2011 Undefeated (7-0)and all blowouts
2010 12-1 (loss to Oregon)
2009 8-5
2008 5-7 (before Luck threw one pass)

Seems pretty good team under his leadership. I dont see a perfect situation of taking over a 5-7 team. Here is his stats to go along with these wins.

YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2011 STAN 145 202 71.8 1888 9.3 20 62 3 180.0
2010 STAN 263 372 70.7 3338 9.0 32 81 8 170.2
2009 STAN 162 288 56.3 2575 8.9 13 63 4 143.5
RUSHING Stats
YEAR TEAM ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2011 STAN 16 83 5.2 15 1
2010 STAN 55 453 8.2 58 3
2009 STAN 61 354 5.8 31 2

What exactly is your problem with this?

orinjkrush
10-24-2011, 03:45 PM
just from a true grit perspective i think Tebow is more like:

A tough competitor, Bradshaw had a powerful Ė albeit at times erratic Ė arm and called his own plays throughout his football career. His physical skills and on-the-field leadership played a major role in Pittsburgh Steelers history.

Mile High Mojoe
10-24-2011, 03:56 PM
You can be so wrong in one post. First, I know you are way older (older than my at 41) than most here, but if you cant remember what Flutie did for Buffalo (took over for the enept Rob Johnson) and for San Diego after the Ryan Leaf fiasco, then your memory is very short. Flutie brought excitement to those teams when it was badly needed. He had heart just like Tebow does. As for Luck, compare his stats and his Stanford team record.
2011 Undefeated (7-0)and all blowouts
2010 12-1 (loss to Oregon)
2009 8-5
2008 5-7 (before Luck threw one pass)

Seems pretty good team under his leadership. I dont see a perfect situation of taking over a 5-7 team. Here is his stats to go along with these wins.

YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2011 STAN 145 202 71.8 1888 9.3 20 62 3 180.0
2010 STAN 263 372 70.7 3338 9.0 32 81 8 170.2
2009 STAN 162 288 56.3 2575 8.9 13 63 4 143.5
RUSHING Stats
YEAR TEAM ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2011 STAN 16 83 5.2 15 1
2010 STAN 55 453 8.2 58 3
2009 STAN 61 354 5.8 31 2

What exactly is your problem with this?

I canít argue about Luckís statistics or his ability he clearly has some. But in my opinion the Pac 10 stinks and although Oregon has put together a few good teams over the years the teams in the SEC owns them. Even if you leave Oregon in your argument which is debatable the rest of the teams in the Pac 10 overall donít measure up.

Thatís all Iím saying Luck as good as he is not facing the best teams or defense in the country and when he gets to the NFL no matter where he ends up he is going to have to face a whole new game with better defensive matchups and defenders who are faster and stronger than the ones he faces in the meek Pac 10. He won't have it so easy in the NFL, especially since he'll go to a bad team come draft day.

He may be the smartest player since Manning to come out of college but it isnít enough. His brains alone wonít make him a Super Star. I will say I like how Fitzpatrick with the Bills is maturing; Luck in time probably does the sameÖmaybe.

DarkHorse30
10-24-2011, 03:57 PM
just from a true grit perspective i think Tebow is more like:

A tough competitor, Bradshaw had a powerful Ė albeit at times erratic Ė arm and called his own plays throughout his football career. His physical skills and on-the-field leadership played a major role in Pittsburgh Steelers history.

Bingo. Tebow ELEVATES the play of everybody around him. None of the talking heads say much about this, because it isn't a stat.....it can't really be measured until you see it. I saw it last year when Tebow came in and I saw it yesterday EVEN though NOTHING was going right for about 3.5 quarters.

What would we be talking about if Willis makes that catch in the SD game (because it WAS a very catchable ball) and Tebow had THREE 14 point come-from-behinds in the fourth quarter in his first 6 games?

Look at the way the other players elevate their game when you have a game-changer QB on your team. Remarkable and a lot of fun to behold.:notworthy

Turd_Ferguson
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm not, it is a BS question. Tebow's play YTD hasn't convinced any of the objective sane Bronco fans that he is the future. Most of the people who voted Luck, Myself included, hope Tebow changes our mind. As of now with 1 game under his belt I am not convinced.

It is a BS question because 1 game is not enough time to make that call. Ask me again in a month or so.

No more BS than the 14 TEBOW IS GOD IM CRYING IM SO HAPPY HE WON AGAINST WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE Threads. I just wanted to know how many people after 5 minutes of him playing good were ready to say he is the man. Not as many as it seemed by reading most of the posts out there last night.

Wes Mantooth
10-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I canít argue about Luckís statistics or his ability he clearly has some. But in my opinion the Pac 10 stinks and although Oregon has put together a few good teams over the years the teams in the SEC owns them. Even if you leave Oregon in your argument which is debatable the rest of the teams in the Pac 10 overall donít measure up.

Thatís all Iím saying Luck as good as he is not facing the best teams or defense in the country and when he gets to the NFL no matter where he ends up he is going to have to face a whole new game with better defensive matchups and defenders who are faster and stronger than the ones he faces in the meek Pac 10. He won't have it so easy in the NFL, especially since he'll go to a bad team come draft day.

He may be the smartest player since Manning to come out of college but it isnít enough. His brains alone wonít make him a Super Star. I will say I like how Fitzpatrick with the Bills is maturing; Luck in time probably does the sameÖmaybe.

PAC 12 Please. You live in Oregon. You should know this.

You call loosing a very close national championship being "owned"? Please.

If you go back 3 years, USC was dominating college football. They played in this week conference you speak of.

You want QB's that excel in a pass-happy league. They tend to be good "passers". That is desirable at QB. Aaron Rogers is a good example. He came from this crappy conference you speak of.

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 09:56 PM
If the choice was between the two of them in the draft I choose Luck every time. But if it takes dumping a young, promising QB and trading a ton of picks to get Luck, no thanks.

So as the question was asked by the OP, I have to vote for Tebow.

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 10:01 PM

Luck and the other QBs coming out aren't in the same league. Dumping Tebow and blowing a high 1st rounder for those crap shoot players would be ****ing retarded. Tebow is a boom or bust player, but his ceiling is probably higher than any QB not named Luck in the next draft.

Agamemnon
10-24-2011, 10:10 PM

It's really pretty simple. Luck may or may not be more gifted than Tebow as a football player. Personally I think they're pretty even. But Luck plays in a pro style offense, so he should theoretically adjust to an NFL offense much faster. And really Tebow is still just a prospect. So prospect vs. prospect, Luck is the better choice for the NFL. Period.

I'd take Luck over Cam Newton as well by the way. Despite all the hype, Cam has some pretty glaring issues right now, and really can't play under center.

hookemhess
10-24-2011, 10:17 PM

Now I agree that the SEC has elite defenses compared to the rest of the country...but one freak play where a top 5 pick (Marcel) injures a QB running an option exemplifying that? Dude, you're ridiculous.

broncoblue
10-25-2011, 02:54 AM
tebow....i had his jersey sent across the pond !

spdirty
10-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Geez, this is like asking if you'd draft a mobile Peyton manning or Bradlee van pelt.

Give me a break, there's no comparison here. As far as whether I'd dump a bunch of picks and Tebow for Luck? I have to see the next 10 games before difinitively making a decision on that. But based on what Ive seen out of Tebow the last 4 1/2 games, absolutely I would.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Who says that the Broncos would "Dump Tebow". If the Broncos are to give up massive top graded draft picks, we are probably trading Tebow for picks or players too. Not sure why some here think we release Tebow without trying to trade him. If he is going to play good but not good enough to not take Luck, then there are teams that will take Tebow. Miami Dolphins just saw how many people will come down from miles to see Tebow play. Hell, Raiders might give us first three rounds in the 2013 draft..... that is if they even have those picks come a possible trade date (I know they will be giving Bengals a 1st or 2nd in that draft).

Arkie
10-25-2011, 10:44 AM
PAC 12 Please. You live in Oregon. You should know this.

You call loosing a very close national championship being "owned"? Please.

If you go back 3 years, USC was dominating college football. They played in this week conference you speak of.

You want QB's that excel in a pass-happy league. They tend to be good "passers". That is desirable at QB. Aaron Rogers is a good example. He came from this crappy conference you speak of.

Looking back, USC certainly dominated the media and had some good years dominating the PAC-10, but they were only undefeated in 2004.

AlphaSeirra
10-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Tebow's Pass Efficiency and Positive Production:
2010 PER 82.1
2011 PER Preseason 108
2011 PER 91.7
Career PER 85.9 (would rank him currently as the #12 QB in the NFL)

Other interesting comparisons:

Tebow's TD's per pass attempt = 1 TD per 14.9 Att --- (#1 A.Rogers is 1 TD per 11.95 Att)

Tebow's Int's per pass attempt = 1 Int per 39.7 Att --- (#2 T.Brady is 1 Int per 29.6 Att)

Tebow's TD to Int Ratio = 2.7 to 1 --- (#3 D.Brees TD/Int Ratio is 2.25 to 1)

Without even considering that he also ranks as good or better than a Pro Bowl FB when running the ball.

Punisher
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
lol What a silly willy question

Punisher
10-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Geez, this is like asking if you'd draft a mobile Peyton manning or Bradlee van pelt.

Give me a break, there's no comparison here. As far as whether I'd dump a bunch of picks and Tebow for Luck? I have to see the next 10 games before difinitively making a decision on that. But based on what Ive seen out of Tebow the last 4 1/2 games, absolutely I would.

This

BroncoBuff
10-25-2011, 07:27 PM
To the Butt with this thread, on sheer principle.

RhymesayersDU
10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
What principle would that be?

Turd_Ferguson
10-25-2011, 08:56 PM
To the Butt with this thread, on sheer principle.

Your vote not winning?

Turd_Ferguson
10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
I didn't say anything bad about Tebow. I actually have said several times I think he's a good guy and I hope he gets better, yet every Tebow fan on this site flips out if you even mention an idea of what to do if Tebow doesn't work out. It just took a GD miracle to beat the worst team in the league, sorry if I'm not reserving my play off tickets. I'm a Broncos fan not a Tebow fan, he is a good guy and if he gets better and brings the Broncos success I'll be his biggest fan, if not Great knowing ya good luck in whatever you do.

BroncoBuff
10-25-2011, 10:35 PM
No, that's a line from a movie, I think The Departed ... "we should give him a beating on sheer principle."

But this thread - specifically the comparison of the two - is a ridiculous, Boob-like premise.

ol#7
10-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Have to go with Tebow. For the Broncos rebuild to be on track, we need him to succeed and for that pick to fill another need.

errand
10-26-2011, 06:44 PM
I picked tebow....... because the only way we're going to get luck is to lose out and tim tebow is not going to lose out... and if he doesn't lose out... that says we should have hope and promise for what could happen next year

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2011, 06:50 PM
No, that's a line from a movie, I think The Departed ... "we should give him a beating on sheer principle."

But this thread - specifically the comparison of the two - is a ridiculous, Boob-like premise.

You might mean Pulp Fiction.

End of the movie, Jules gives the gunman his wallet. Vega tells him "Jules, if you give him that money I'm going to kill him on principle" or something.

At least that's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2011, 06:58 PM
...And now I'm googling Pulp Fiction scenes. Needless to say, language is abrasive:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/unJn5mBCI4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DENVERDUI55
10-26-2011, 08:15 PM

I don't think you realize how bad the PAC10 D is.

Yes Tebow had a SEC D but he plays against them too. Let's see Luck RUN against a SEC D like he does in the PAC10.. let's see him pass so well against an SEC D.

He will have all his flaws exposed as well.

For example.. I have not been impressed with Luck's arm strength at all.. yet you never hear anyone mention that.

Using your logic then why aren't all the great QB's in the league from the SEC?

broncocalijohn
10-26-2011, 10:20 PM

(as I am MacGruber): See you are projecting here. There are different eras in all sports and now is the time for the QB from the SEC. Before, it was always defense then wide receivers. See this guy Tim Bobley was a defense coach and everyone in the SEC did what he taught. It grew from there. Before that, he was a wide receiver coach and did amazing things. What turned him onto QBs is Tebow. He watched him in a junior high game and knew right there that Tebow is the future of the QB. Tim Bobley knew that no one could teach this except a few. He gets Tebow's HS coach his job and then Urban Meyer was taught by Bobley for all of Spring before Tim Tebow arrived at Florida. It was actually Tim Bobley who should get credited for the greatness of Tebow. He should be running a team in the NFL right now but owners and other coaches already in the NFL are afraid of him. He is different and would change things. They don't like change. The owners and those coaches don't know the truth. It is probably a witch hunt if Tim Bobley's name came up for discussion. They will soon enough know it because truth comes in 3 phases.......

errand
10-30-2011, 11:04 AM

Other than the Manning brothers, which QB's are from the SEC that are even moderately tolerable?

In fact Jay Cutler is the only SEC Qb that has made the pro bowl that wasn't named Manning since 1978. Peyton has gone 10 times...Eli has gone 3 times.

The SEC has won national championships 12 times since the start of the Super Bowl in '66....and only one of those title winning QB's has even had a mediocre career to date. 5 bonus points if you said Richard Todd.

In fact prior to the beginning of last season the average career for all of those SEC national title winning QB's? Try 26 games...3 years...5 wins, 7 losses....191 of 355 53.8% 20 INT's and 14 TD's. Cam Newton might be able to have a good career, and so might Tebow...it still remains to be seen.

Drafting an SEC QB not named Manning is kind of like drafting an FSU DL....coming outta college he looks great, but buyer beware....at the least get a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

SEC QB's have won 6 Super bowls (Starr twice...Stabler, Namath, and the Mannings one each)

SEC QB's have lost 6 Super bowls (Tarkenton 3 times, Woodley, Grossman, and P. Manning once each)

This isn't an indictment of Tebow, we still have no idea what he can or cannot do in the NFL...but to say that his coming outta the SEC guarantees success, well, that's a horse of a different color...and the odds are against him succeeding if what school he played for means anything.

lod01
10-30-2011, 03:41 PM
It's up to 45 complete morons. ROFL!Hilarious!

Blart
10-30-2011, 03:48 PM
I wish this poll were public.

JDB7821
10-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I retract my previous statement and post. Luck all the way. That was an embarrassment.

SJ Bronco
10-30-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm watching my DVR'd Orange Bowl from last year, then I'm going to watch the USC game from last night...If you don't think Luck will be a star in the NFL. You should join me. What does that mean about Tebow. I'm not sure. They are such different QB's it's ridiculous. If we are going to continue running an offense that has minimal protection and needs a QB that can throw into the teeth of a blitz or call his own play or audibles and be correct 100% of the time. You want Luck. Luck also has a VERY high completion percentage and it's even higher when he rolls out or is on the run. Tebow is a scrambler. An improviser. They are just different. I think the first thing that needs to happen, is we need to decide what kind of offense we will be and start putting in the guys who's strengths match. I don't think much of Tebow, but if you're going to keep him, they need to stop fighting it and put in Play action, motion offense that requires one read check downs and put some hogs in front of him and let him Run the ball. Stop treating him like he's drew brees. I feel it's all for not, because Tebow will get at least another half season, and by then, Luck will be in Miami. We need to figure out what the Broncos are going to be doing next year. I still say, if you so badly want a guy from Stanford, start looking at the offensive line. David DeCastro to be precise, but he isn't the only one. That online keeps Luck clean all day long and they are incredibly smart about blitz pick up. They had a game against washington where they ran for over 400 yards as a team and they have had a 100 yard rusher in every game going back to Toby Gerhart. You want to give Tebow a chance? Put some smart physical linemen in front of him and run down hill like they do for Alex Smith in SF.

Ratboy
10-30-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm watching my DVR'd Orange Bowl from last year, then I'm going to watch the USC game from last night...If you don't think Luck will be a star in the NFL. You should join me. What does that mean about Tebow. I'm not sure. They are such different QB's it's ridiculous. If we are going to continue running an offense that has minimal protection and needs a QB that can throw into the teeth of a blitz or call his own play or audibles and be correct 100% of the time. You want Luck. Luck also has a VERY high completion percentage and it's even higher when he rolls out or is on the run. Tebow is a scrambler. An improviser. They are just different. I think the first thing that needs to happen, is we need to decide what kind of offense we will be and start putting in the guys who's strengths match. I don't think much of Tebow, but if you're going to keep him, they need to stop fighting it and put in Play action, motion offense that requires one read check downs and put some hogs in front of him and let him Run the ball. Stop treating him like he's drew brees. I feel it's all for not, because Tebow will get at least another half season, and by then, Luck will be in Miami. We need to figure out what the Broncos are going to be doing next year. I still say, if you so badly want a guy from Stanford, start looking at the offensive line. David DeCastro to be precise, but he isn't the only one. That online keeps Luck clean all day long and they are incredibly smart about blitz pick up. They had a game against washington where they ran for over 400 yards as a team and they have had a 100 yard rusher in every game going back to Toby Gerhart. You want to give Tebow a chance? Put some smart physical linemen in front of him and run down hill like they do for Alex Smith in SF.

tl;dr
You don't think Andrew Luck will be good in the NFL because his offensive line keeps him clean?

SJ Bronco
10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
tl;dr
You don't think Andrew Luck will be good in the NFL because his offensive line keeps him clean?

LMAO! Are you kidding me. he kid will SHRED in the NFL. I'm just saying the Oline is good.

SJ Bronco
10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
tl;dr

I try NOT to be bias, but as a Stanford guy, I am, so I'm trying to be objective, but if you want to see me really go off, I could write pages on how good Luck is and why.;D

Prodigal19
10-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Who wants to change their vote?

maven
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
45 people actually picked Tebow?

lol

Turd_Ferguson
11-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Mile High Mojoe, no need to start a new poll mouth breather. This one pretty much says it all.

Play2win
11-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I can see Luck reaching Aaron Rogers type levels. Of course it will take time, just as it did with Aaron Roger. But, Luck has the ability to get the ball into very tight windows.

epicSocialism4tw
11-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Luck is a college quarterback.

epicSocialism4tw
11-12-2011, 11:33 PM
If we're going by what each accomplished in college, then Tebow is so much better than Luck that its not even a competition.

We won't know about Luck until he has been in the NFL for awhile.

Shananahan
11-12-2011, 11:36 PM
If we're going by what each accomplished in college...
...then you're in the wrong thread.

MacGruder
11-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I can see Luck reaching Aaron Rogers type levels. Of course it will take time, just as it did with Aaron Roger. But, Luck has the ability to get the ball into very tight windows.

I don't understand how you can think this. Luck doesn't pass down field at all like Rodgers. Rodgers has cannon for an arm. Luck's arm is more like Sam Bradford's.

They said Bradford was going to be great too like they are luck and Bradford stinks. Tebow has more wins in a worse situation with worse coaching..

epicSocialism4tw
11-12-2011, 11:39 PM
...then you're in the wrong thread.

Well, what other comparison do you have?

I'll help you out...none.

Thanks for playing. :wave:

edit: Oh wait! I forgot about pop warner and high school football. Luck might compare favorably there...I don't know.

epicSocialism4tw
11-12-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't understand how you can think this. Luck doesn't pass down field at all like Rodgers. Rodgers has cannon for an arm. Luck's arm is more like Sam Bradford's.

They said Bradford was going to be great too like they are luck and Bradford stinks. Tebow has more wins in a worse situation with worse coaching..

Bradford has a pretty strong arm, guy.

You really are all 'tarded out with that SEC crap.

Shananahan
11-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Well, what other comparison do you have?

I'll help you out...none.

Thanks for playing. :wave:
How can it possibly be satisfying in any way to board like this?

I mean, you've gotta know what this thread is about. You've gotta be able to understand that this is a discussion of the two regarding their long-term NFL potential, not college success.

epicSocialism4tw
11-12-2011, 11:48 PM
How can it possibly be satisfying in any way to board like this?

I mean, you've gotta know what this thread is about. You've gotta be able to understand that this is a discussion of the two regarding their long-term NFL potential, not college success.

And you gotta realize that in light of Tebow's college success, Luck is but a distant also-ran.

Shananahan
11-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, but like I said.... you're in the wrong thread for that stuff.