PDA

View Full Version : Hoge just said.

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 04:18 PM
He said Tebow was the second worst QB today behind Boller. He said intangibles mean nothing.

I guess he didnt notice Feely or Freeman.

Of course, someone like him would praise Colt McCoy for his great 6 to 3 win over the Seahawks.

smoke4815162342
10-23-2011, 04:19 PM
u serious?

barryr
10-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes, intangibles mean nothing, they just helped a team win a game is all.

BroncoMan4ever
10-23-2011, 04:20 PM
He said Tebow was the second worst QB today behind Boller. He said intangibles mean nothing.

I guess he didnt notice Feely or Boller.

Of course, someone like him would praise Colt McCoy for his great 6 to 3 win over the Seahawks.

Hoge can suck a dick. he is just a pathetic dumbass who is going to bitch and moan about Tebow until Tebow's career is over.

KO5K
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Fair enough on the second worst QB comment.

But how can you watch that game (presuming he did, which he probably didn't) and say intangibles don't matter? ****ing idiot.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
He should go tell that to the Dolphins defenders and coaches..

I'd like to see that and then watch him get stomped like a mudhole..

ZachKC
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Well he had 2 good drives against a winless team. I don't think there is anything wrong with the excitement around what happened today but you can hardly be surprised by non Bronco takes of this nature.

BroncoDoom
10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
There were A TON of poor performances by QB's today. Charlie Whitehurst? McCoy? Hasselbeck? Palmer? Boller? Rivers (who has sucked all year btw) ? Haters gonna hate

BroncoDoom
10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Freeman? 4 freakin picks

ZachKC
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
The NFL feels really wacky week to week.

BroncoDoom
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Cutler? 2 picks

Gcver2ver3
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
hoge is making himself look bad, som i'm glad he keeps yapping...

he's showing everyonne he's got a personal stake in tebow's success now and is essentially rooting against the guy now...

Bronx33
intangibles mean nothing

then hoges carreer was an accident.

BlueandOrange32
Well he had 2 good drives against a winless team. I don't think there is anything wrong with the excitement around what happened today but you can hardly be surprised by non Bronco takes of this nature.

Yeah well he did the same thing last week against a 4 win Charger team. I know that doesnt count cause he didnt win. Yeah, down 26-10, and he should have won.

Gort
10-23-2011, 04:31 PM
somebody should tell Hoge that in Tebow's first 4 NFL starts, he already has two 4th quarter comeback wins. that's the sort of thing that set Elway apart from most of his peers. but i guess that's just an intangible that doesn't matter to Hoge.

RIBEYZE
10-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Tebow's performance today was embarrassing. But y'all were right, it was much more entertaining watching Tebow suck than watching Orton suck,

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM
I think I may know what is going...

when Tebow plays his game he is unstoppable.. because of his ability to run the ball.

Early in the game teams are attacking him to prevent him from running.. but this is just a bandaid because Tebow throws deep so well... os eventually the Broncos O will adapt. Especially when they are passing aggressively..

he bottom line is you can't stop Tebow's running and passing both.. it's one or the other.. at least not for long.. and eventually he will take over the game.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Tebow's performance today was embarrassing. But y'all were right, it was much more entertaining watching Tebow suck than watching Orton suck,

But is that because the offense sucks or Tebow?

Plus Tebow is not a liability athletically like Orton so he doesn't have to just rely on the bad offense.

ZachKC
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM
he should have won.

Yea, there is going to be a lot of this around here I think.

RIBEYZE
10-23-2011, 04:42 PM
But is that because the offense sucks or Tebow?

Plus Tebow is not a liability athletically like Orton so he doesn't have to just rely on the bad offense.No compairison to Orton mentioned here, but Tebow was consistently missing wide open throws with nobody to blame but himself. I like Tebow, and think he can improve, but the 3 qtr was just embarrassing. Here's to wins, however they may come.

vonqkilla
10-23-2011, 04:46 PM
<----

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 04:56 PM
<----

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

LOL @ you Dropping a Merril.

Well played Vonqkilla , well played.

DarkHorse30
10-23-2011, 05:02 PM

did you just start a Hoge-said thread? Are you a complete dumbass? 200 post rule, and don't post until there is something worth repeating

Gort
10-23-2011, 05:08 PM
No compairison to Orton mentioned here, but Tebow was consistently missing wide open throws with nobody to blame but himself. I like Tebow, and think he can improve, but the 3 qtr was just embarrassing. Here's to wins, however they may come.

the Broncos had 4 passing plays in the 3rd quarter. 3 incompletes (all 3 deep passes) and 1 sack. that's hardly "consistently missing wide open throws with nobody to blame but himself" unless you think 3 or 4 data points is enough for a blanket statement like that.

i'm not saying that Tebow looked polished out there. i am saying that the horrible job done by Solomon Wilcotts as color analyst has seeped into your subconscious and made Tebow's play seem worse than it really was. Wilcotts was relentless in his criticism of Tebow today and there is no easy way to brush off 3.5 quarters of offensive futility, but the gameplan was run, run, and more run and the playcalling was not particularly inventive. let's not rush to call Tebow the WOAT, ok?

UberBroncoMan
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
I wonder if he watched the Browns vs Hawks or the Chiefs vs Raiders.

Tebow was bad for almost 4 quarters, but he was HARDLY the worst.

Punisher
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Who Cares

cousinal11
10-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Isn't he the one who is famous for having a lot of concussions?

dsmoot
10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
the Broncos had 4 passing plays in the 3rd quarter. 3 incompletes (all 3 deep passes) and 1 sack. that's hardly "consistently missing wide open throws with nobody to blame but himself" unless you think 3 or 4 data points is enough for a blanket statement like that.

i'm not saying that Tebow looked polished out there. i am saying that the horrible job done by Solomon Wilcotts as color analyst has seeped into your subconscious and made Tebow's play seem worse than it really was. Wilcotts was relentless in his criticism of Tebow today and there is no easy way to brush off 3.5 quarters of offensive futility, but the gameplan was run, run, and more run and the playcalling was not particularly inventive. let's not rush to call Tebow the WOAT, ok?

I don't care about Wilcotts comments nor Hoge for that matter. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the play calling, Tim has to complete the throws to Decker, Fells and Knowshon. He is an NFL QB and there is no excuse for it. There just isn't enough 2cd chances in the NFL to live with these type of errors. It simply is the difference between being a starter or being run out of the league. I hope it is part of the growing experience and he corrects them quickly or we will be moving on to someone else. I am pulling tremendously for Tim to be a success for the Broncos and silence the critics.

razorwire77
10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Why is this hard to believe? Hoge hates the Broncos because that should have been his team losing to the niners by 50 points in XXIV.

He still mad.

Gort
10-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't care about Wilcotts comments nor Hoge for that matter. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the play calling, Tim has to complete the throws to Decker, Fells and Knowshon. He is an NFL QB and there is no excuse for it. There just isn't enough 2cd chances in the NFL to live with these type of errors. It simply is the difference between being a starter or being run out of the league. I hope it is part of the growing experience and he corrects them quickly or we will be moving on to someone else. I am pulling tremendously for Tim to be a success for the Broncos and silence the critics.

what the hell? let's just demand that he lead the team to a SB win this year then. the fact that this was his 4th NFL start is irrelevant. it's SB or trade for Luck! who's with me?

somebody with more time on their hands should look up Brady's, Manning's, Elway's, Brees', and Marino's 4th starts and see how they did compared to Tebow.

DarkHorse
10-23-2011, 05:35 PM
He also used the same word that a few other of the anti - tebow talking heads are using - Consistent or Consistency.

Apparently that word, or variation, is the backtracking word for these guys.

I was shocked that Jamie Dukes was pounding the table in tebows defense against tom waddle on total access.

Jamie Dukes of all people.

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I feel me turning this into a photo shop Hoge thread later tonight.

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 05:37 PM
We should have a weekly segment called (hoge just said)

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 05:38 PM
We should have a weekly segment called (hoge just said)

/agree ... maybe work it into the podcast.

Gort
10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I feel me turning this into a photo shop Hoge thread later tonight.

Hoge should be the object of ridicule on this forum for the rest of the season. he really represents everything that should be despised in the east coast sports media complex.

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Hoge should be the object of ridicule on this forum for the rest of the season. he really represents everything that should be despised in the east coast sports media complex.

He knows who pays him.

broncosteven
10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Hodge is just mad because a couple years ago he said Pat White would be the MVP and he ended up out of football in 2 years. I think he is gun shy of QB's who can run.

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6933/450x364algmerrillhoge.jpg

OBF1
10-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Hoge OFTEN sucks dick. he is just a pathetic dumbass who is going to b**** and moan everytime he masterbates thinking about Tebow.

errrr, kinda fixed it for you

Archer81
10-23-2011, 05:51 PM
**** 'em. Denver is rolling with Tebow good or bad. Talking heads talk, its part of the job title. So let them.

:Broncos:

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
**** 'em. Denver is rolling with Tebow good or bad. Talking heads talk, its part of the job title. So let them.

We can make fun of em cant we?

Archer81
10-23-2011, 05:55 PM
We can make fun of em cant we?

Of course. Getting angry though...kinda silly. The media says what they say. Its worthy of mockery, not something to stroke out over.

TDmvp
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Agreed .... It's just fun to mock them . And Hoge is just be so hateful/gleeful sounding in his tebow hate...

Hell I have friend in Cincinnati who know nothing about Tebow really who are on the Tebow bandwagon just because of all the hate in the media.

Rolandftw
I guess if you just look at the total game, and compare it to other starting QB's I could see where Hoge was coming from. Was winning ugly, and Miami is a bad team... but you're going to have some ugly wins with someone as raw as Tebow. As long as he keeps improving, as a fan that's all I want. We aren't going to beat good teams with Tebow looking to run as much as he does though. That's got to change.

For 55 minutes we were badly outplayed, but a good drive by Tebow combined with Miami botching the onside kick gave Denver a shot.

oubronco
**** Hoge who gives a shyt what he thinks

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:00 PM
He knows who pays him.

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/i/partypictures/02_14_08/RIgerMEisner_020908_1.jpg

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
that's stupid dude.

Archer81
10-23-2011, 06:02 PM
[IMG]

...really?

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Is that picture of Orton?

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I think it's funny that some of the same people that believe in this crazy conspiracy theory of Tim Tebow being persecuted against because he's a white Christian, have no problem in pushing redneck like stereotypes about other religious and ethnic groups.

dsmoot
10-23-2011, 06:11 PM
what the hell? let's just demand that he lead the team to a SB win this year then. the fact that this was his 4th NFL start is irrelevant. it's SB or trade for Luck! who's with me?

somebody with more time on their hands should look up Brady's, Manning's, Elway's, Brees', and Marino's 4th starts and see how they did compared to Tebow.

You totally missed the point. I am talking about missing the wide open throws, nothing more nothing less. I know exactly how Elway played the first two years in the league and it wasn't pretty. I have a very realistic view of this teams current talent, the anticipated play of a rough diamond of a young QB and his development to read defenses and respond properly. However, there are certain expectations of a QB that are reasonable, regardless of his number of starts. Tim Tebow's post game self evaluation reflected it just as well.

jsco70
10-23-2011, 06:11 PM
I thought his comment that he didn't think Tebow would improve at all was more aggravating.

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I think it's funny that some of the same people that believe in this crazy conspiracy theory of Tim Tebow being persecuted against because he's a white Christian, have no problem in pushing redneck like stereotypes about other religious and ethnic groups.

I think it is pretty funny how certain people have no problem making fun of a persons religion only if they believe like Tebow. Dont notice that? But anyone that makes a joke of the stereotypes of anyone else's, all of sudden those hypocrites are all politically correct and caring.

That is what I find funny.

Gort
10-23-2011, 06:14 PM

generalize much?

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:16 PM
You totally missed the point. I am talking about missing the wide open throws, nothing more nothing less. I know exactly how Elway played the first two years in the league and it wasn't pretty. I have a very realistic view of this teams current talent, the anticipated play of a rough diamond of a young QB and his development to read defenses and respond properly. However, there are certain expectations of a QB that are reasonable, regardless of his number of starts. Tim Tebow's post game self evaluation reflected it just as well.

Yeah, we get your point and we all agree. We also said he just made his 4th career start.

His 4 starts compared to many QBs starts are very good. Does he need to improve? Well, yeah. Duh.

However, for his 4th career start, I think he is doing quite well. I know it was only the Dolphins. I dont know if you got the memo. The Broncos arent exactly setting the world on fire and were a 4-12 last year.

Anyway, he has now generated 15 TDs to 3 turnovers in his allotted time. Ugly, but it is what it is.

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I think it is pretty funny how certain people have no problem making fun of a persons religion only if they believe like Tebow. Dont notice that? But anyone that makes a joke of the stereotypes of anyone else's, all of sudden those hypocrites are all politically correct and caring.

That is what I find funny.

I think the only time I've commented on Tebow's religion was stating that I don't think his theological/philosophical reasoning for his faith was particularly complex. I don't really care what his religion is actually.

If you can't recognize the difference between that, and someone posting what looked like white supremacy/Nazi propaganda against the Jews, then you're retarded.

Steve Sewell
10-23-2011, 06:31 PM
To be fair, Tebow was absolutely abysmal for 55 minutes of the game. His play had me questioning whether he really does belong in the NFL. He better get his **** together in a hurry or he won't be the starter for long...it was that bad.

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I think the only time I've commented on Tebow's religion was stating that I don't think his theological/philosophical reasoning for his faith was particularly complex. I don't really care what his religion is actually.

If you can't recognize the difference between that, and someone posting what looked like white supremacy/Nazi propaganda against the Jews, then you're retarded.

Oh, so since you have never done that, then it never happens?
Are you a narcissist?

Oh thats right noone falls in their stereotypes. Are you really this PC all of the time? No, you arent.

His "theologoical/philisophical reasoning?" Listen Professor Highbrow, take your little PC crap to one of your chardonnay sipping, poetry reading, save the green world, drum circles. Not with me.

Wait, I think you did stereotype me with the nazi comment. Dont worry, I am not offended.

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 06:33 PM
generalize much?

Yeah, probably. It's why I said some. I realize not everyone is quite as.. insane. Just think a lot of our fanbase is frankly nuts.

Every week I talk to fans that are convinced Tebow is being persecuting against by the media, and it just baffles me as to how they would come to that conclusion.

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah, probably. It's why I said some. I realize not everyone is quite as.. insane. Just think a lot of our fanbase is frankly nuts.

Every week I talk to fans that are convinced Tebow is being persecuting against by the media, and it just baffles me as to how they would come to that conclusion.

You dont see the media attacking him for his religion? Are you blind? Apparently you are.

dsmoot
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Yeah, we get your point and we all agree. We also said he just made his 4th career start.

His 4 starts compared to many QBs starts are very good. Does he need to improve? Well, yeah. Duh.

However, for his 4th career start, I think he is doing quite well. I know it was only the Dolphins. I dont know if you got the memo. The Broncos arent exactly setting the world on fire and were a 4-12 last year.

Anyway, he has now generated 15 TDs to 3 turnovers in his allotted time. Ugly, but it is what it is.

Believe me. I am a Tim Tebow supporter as much as I was when John Elway came to Denver. There will be tremendous growing pains and my fear is that he will be placed on a short leash and not given an adequate opportunity to develop even if I came out of a time warp and did not realize Denver did not have a winning season last year nor did they reach the playoffs.

It will be rough as every team will place 8 in the box, disguise defenses and blitz from every angle possible. Statistics can really be misleading (especially when they include rushing TD's) when a young QB is developing. Although, I will admit turnovers can be something worth considering.

An unhealthy attitude does exist where people get defensive about ANY critical assessment of Tim Tebow. Fortunately for all of us, Tim is more critical of himself than any of us. That is a healthy attitude.

Archer81
10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
You dont see the media attacking him for his religion? Are you blind? Apparently you are.

So you feel the need to defend Tebow's faith by posting a gross caricature of a Jewish person?

Two wrongs do not make a right.

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Believe me. I am a Tim Tebow supporter as much as I was when John Elway came to Denver. There will be tremendous growing pains and my fear is that he will be placed on a short leash and not given an adequate opportunity to develop even if I came out of a time warp and did not realize Denver did not have a winning season last year nor did they reach the playoffs.

It will be rough as every team will place 8 in the box, disguise defenses and blitz from every angle possible. Statistics can really be misleading (especially when they include rushing TD's) when a young QB is developing. Although, I will admit turnovers can be something worth considering.

An unhealthy attitude does exist where people get defensive about ANY critical assessment of Tim Tebow. Fortunately for all of us, Tim is more critical of himself than any of us. That is a healthy attitude.

I crushed him today on the game thread.

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh, so since you have never done that, then it never happens?
Are you a narcissist?

Oh thats right noone falls in their stereotypes. Are you really this PC all of the time? No, you arent.

His "theologoical/philisophical reasoning?" Listen Professor Highbrow, take your little PC crap to one of your chardonnay sipping, poetry reading, save the green world, drum circles. Not with me.

Wait, I think you did stereotype me with the nazi comment. Dont worry, I am not offended.

Who has made these Christian stereotypes and what would they exactly be? Most of the people commenting on Tebow either negatively or positively are Christian. Hoge is Mormon. Seriously, shut the **** up.

I'm pretty anti-PC. But posting propaganda that at least in part, led to the deaths of roughly six million people isn't cute or funny. And I'm not stereotyping you. Propaganda like that WAS used by the Nazi's with the German population to use the Jewish people as a scapegoat for their economic problems. If you don't realize that, you're incredibly ignorant.

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
So you feel the need to defend Tebow's faith by posting a gross caricature of a Jewish person?

Two wrongs do not make a right.

No but it was suppose to be a joke. Take your liberal PC crap and cram it.

BlueandOrange32
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Who has made these Christian stereotypes and what would they exactly be? Most of the people commenting on Tebow either negatively or positively are Christian. Hoge is Mormon. Seriously, shut the **** up.

I'm pretty anti-PC. But posting propaganda that at least in part, led to the deaths of roughly six million people isn't cute or funny. And I'm not stereotyping you. Propaganda like that WAS used by the Nazi's with the German population to use the Jewish people as a scapegoat for their economic problems. If you don't realize that, you're incredibly ignorant.

You think I was advocating murdering 6 million jews? Go F yourself.

Archer81
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
No but it was suppose to be a joke. Take your liberal PC crap and cram it.

Ha!

I'm conservative. Even then I am not going to blithely OK something that looks like a cutout from a Goebbels coloring book.

It was not funny. As an adult you should know better.

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
You think I was advocating murdering 6 million jews? Go F yourself.

I have no idea if you were advocating for that or not. I can only say that images like that which you posted played a part in the holocaust. I think you probably posted it because you think it's funny/ignorance.

houghtam
10-23-2011, 08:34 PM
then hoges carreer was an accident.

Exactly. If intangibles mean nothing, what does that say about Hoge, who didn't even have tangibles?

RIBEYZE
10-25-2011, 06:35 AM

i'm not saying that Tebow looked polished out there. i am saying that the horrible job done by Solomon Wilcotts as color analyst has seeped into your subconscious and made Tebow's play seem worse than it really was. Wilcotts was relentless in his criticism of Tebow today and there is no easy way to brush off 3.5 quarters of offensive futility, but the gameplan was run, run, and more run and the playcalling was not particularly inventive. let's not rush to call Tebow the WOAT, ok?You're right, I mispoke in only mentioning the 3rd quarter where he only missed 75% of his passes. "Tebow sucked for 3.5 quarters" is much more accurate.

jhns
10-25-2011, 06:48 AM
You're right, I mispoke in only mentioning the 3rd quarter where he only missed 75% of his passes. "Tebow sucked for 3.5 quarters" is much more accurate.

No QB does good when they don't let them play. If you have ever played a sport, you would know the importance of warming up and getting in a rhythm.

Pass attempts by quarter:

First = 3

Second = 6

Third = 5

Fourth = 19

Notice what happened when they let Tebow play?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19186506

Kaylore
10-25-2011, 07:02 AM
I heard Hoge on the radio yesterday. That dude has issues. He's bitterly resentful of Tebow for no good reason.

jsco70
10-25-2011, 07:36 AM
I heard Hoge on the radio yesterday. That dude has issues. He's bitterly resentful of Tebow for no good reason.

That is clear. He completely discounts any notion Tebow could improve.

Kaylore
10-25-2011, 07:38 AM
That is clear. He completely discounts any notion Tebow could improve.

I wouldn't mind if he didn't get so angry about it. I realize some is backlash against the Tebow fans who are borderline cult-like, but you shouldn't let that sour your objectivity. He's been a douche about anything Broncos for some time. I still want to punch him for picking us to go 0-16 three years ago.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2011, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't mind if he didn't get so angry about it. I realize some is backlash against the Tebow fans who are borderline cult-like, but you shouldn't let that sour your objectivity. He's been a douche about anything Broncos for some time. I still want to punch him for picking us to go 0-16 three years ago.

that's the difference between Dilfer and Merril....Trent is at least subjective and gives the notion that Tebow MAY improve. Girl's name doesn't.

bowtown
10-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Hoge is Bizarro MacGruder.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Hoge is Bizarro MacGruder.

Wrong again...

You REALLY are projecting now because Hoge is Bizarro YOU.

Like Hoge you haven't watched Tebow either. He is just like Broncos fans who weren't aware of him so you blame all the fans for "hyping some crappy college player".

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
that's the difference between Dilfer and Merril....Trent is at least subjective and gives the notion that Tebow MAY improve. Girl's name doesn't.

Tebow may improve?

So he will play BETTER than his 4th quarters?

How can people be so stupid and not realize the problem isn't Tebow.. even a retard can ask the simple question - "if Tebow plays so well a certain style, then why not play that style more?"

Sorry.. don't mean to sound harsh but I just don't understand how people can see things this way...

bowtown
10-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Wrong again...

You REALLY are projecting now because Hoge is Bizarro YOU.

Like Hoge you haven't watched Tebow either. He is just like Broncos fans who weren't aware of him so you blame all the fans for "hyping some crappy college player".

No, that would just make Hoge me, which is the same as Bizarro MacGruder, but the opposite of regular MacGruder. Really though, I'm more like Perry White.

Namrepus

AlphaSeirra
10-25-2011, 09:11 AM
John Elway was one of, if the not the best QB, in NFL history,,,, a given imo. :notworthy

However:

~ John never had a 40 yard run from scrimmage for a TD, Tebow already has plus two more 20+ yd runs.
* Tebow is one of only 3 QB's to ever have a 30+ (33) yd pass for a TD and a 40 yd run for a TD in the same game in NFL History,
and Tim did that in his very first NFL start in Oakland's Black Hole.

~ In John's long and glorious NFL career, he had two 13+ pt 4th quarter come from behind wins.
* Tebow, in just 4 NFL starts, has already had two 13+ pt 4th quarter come from behind wins.

~ Tebow is the only Bronco QB in Team History to get a win in Miami over the Phins, (1-7 all time).

Tebow has been more 'efficient' as a QB, than the QB that was the #1 pick in his draft, as a rookie and in his 2nd season.
(Career PER - Tebow 85.9 -- Bradford 75.4 even though SB has full support and is the full time starter, before injured)
But the idiotic HATERS will still claim that Tim should have gone in the 3-4 rnd as a FB, instead of just admitting that they were/are PROVEN FoS.

Tebow was been more 'productive' running the ball as a rookie than All Pro FB Mike 'A-Train' Alstott was.
(Haters claimed he'd get killed running it and are again PROVEN FoS)

Tebow has had a better YPC, plus as many rushing TD's as any Bronco RB in 2010, and in 2011 so far.
Tebow 2010 - 82.2 PER with 5 TD's to 3 Ints, PLUS 5.3 ypc with 6 TD's.
Tebow 2011 - 91.7 PER with 3 TD's to 0 Ints, PLUS 6.8 ypc, 1 TD, (8.1 ypc in the Miami game).
>> No off season prep (lockout), change of coach and system, little help or support, and yet he has still improved. :welcome:

And yet there are some NFL scouts and Media Morons that still claim that Tebow will:
- Not be a winning NFL QB (he's already 2-2 with little preparation or help).
- Claim that Tim does not have what it takes to even be an NFL QB, (refuse to just look at the stats).
- Continue to hope that he will fail and/or be forced to switch position to RB/FB/TE (which he could probably also play at the NFL level btw).

Critics are just fine with me and needed, when they are ACCURATE & FAIR with their analysis and opinions.

Otherwise they just become petty despicable HATERS who deserve all of the disrespect that Football fans in general can heap on them.

My own (fans) opinion is:
~ Tebow has done very well so far;
~ given the media circus distractions,
~ lack of practice and playing time,
~ no post-rookie off-season due to the lockout,
~ exacerbated by the coaching and system change from year 1 to year 2,
~ lack of overall talent and depth on the offense.
* A general lack of any 'real' faith or support from the new coach, GM, or owner, which is a cryin' shame imoho.
(that's not just a claim on my part either - Preseason TT 108, KO 104, BQ 69)

His one positive is that his fans, and more importantly his teammates, like him, have faith in him, and support him as the Bronco QB. :twokisses

Not a fanatic, not making any unsupported claims on the present or for the future, just being supportive and willing to give Tim
or any other player their 'earned on the field' due respect....

Tebow's Career Statistics: G 13 - GS 4 - Starter W/L 2-2

Passing - 58 of 119, 48.7%, > 8 TD's to 3 Ints < 13 sac for 69 yds, 85.9 PER
(On 119 attempts, only 3 Ints, a 2.7 to 1 TD/Int ratio)

Rushing - 58 for 329 yds, 5.7 ypc, 7 TD's, 2 Fum, ZERO lost poss fumbles.
(On 177 total snaps from center,
only 2 fumbles, 0 lost poss fumbles)

* List all of the other NFL QB's that have a 59 to 1 snap to turnover ratio.
** Tim is averaging less than 1 TO per start so far.
================

Tebow has not been given much of an opportunity so far, so comparisons are difficult, however,
if we use Tim's 1+ year career stats some comparisons can then be made:

For the rest of these QB's we will use the current 2011 season stats.
2011 NFL QB, listed by QB Pass Efficiency Rating in decending order:

9. A.Smith 158 Att, 8 TD's to 2 Ints, PER 95.2
10. T.Romo 217 Att, 10 TD's to 6 Ints, PER 93.4
11. M.Hasselbeck 211 Att, 10 TD's to 6 Ints, PER 87.7

** T.Tebow 119 Att, 8 TD's to 3 Ints, PER 85.9 (career)

12. C.Painter 119 Att, 5 TD's to 2 Ints, PER 85.2
13. M.Vick 200 Att, 9 TD's to 8 Ints, PER 84.4
14. A.Dalton 189 Att, 7 TD's to 5 Ints, PER 84.3
15. J.Campbell 165 Att, 6 TD's to 4 Ints, PER 84.2
16. J.Cutler 232 Att, 9 TD's to 6 Ints, PER 84.0
17. M.Sanchez 231 Att, 12 TD's to 6 Ints, PER 83.0
19. Scam Newton 252 Att, 8 TD's to 9 Ints, PER 82.8
20 P.Rivers 218 Att, 7 TD's to 9 Ints, PER 82.3

It's just a plain old demonstratable FACT, that the HATERS refuse to look at the available EVIDENCE.
And that's exactly what makes them HATERS instead of just being annalists or even reasonable critics!

They will choose one stat (Comp.%) and harp that Tim is 'inaccurate' but then they will
refuse to see the more important comparisons, such as:

Pass Efficiency and Positive Production:
2010 PER 82.1
2011 PER Preseason 108
2011 PER 91.7
Career PER 85.9
TD's per pass attempt = 1 TD per 14.9 Att
Int's per pass attempt = 1 Int per 39.7 Att
TD to Int Ratio = 2.7 to 1

And they refuse to see that Tim would currently be the #12 QB in the NFL, just as a passer,
without even considering that he is also GREAT if/when he needs to run the ball.

Discuss:

Peoples Champ
10-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah well he did the same thing last week against a 4 win Charger team. I know that doesnt count cause he didnt win. Yeah, down 26-10, and he should have won.

Ya tebow is 2-0. Beat the Dolphins, and the Chargers (game was 15-6 when Tebow was in the game)

Gort
10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
John Elway was one of, if the not the best QB, in NFL history,,,, a given imo. :notworthy

blah
blah
blah

Discuss:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8AYDf5rDsEg/TMJPh8MneNI/AAAAAAAABJA/zI2H0gEdie8/s1600/fw0kjn.gif

kdissette
10-25-2011, 10:34 AM
tebows performance overall in that game was one of the worst in history...the first 55min of that game ive actually seen 4th string 4th game preseason QBs throw better balls and make better decisions....but he found a way to win and squeeked one out for all the tebow lovers...but anyone who seriously thinks this guy makes us a better team needs to quit riding unicorns to the stadium

jhns
10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
tebows performance overall in that game was one of the worst in history...the first 55min of that game ive actually seen 4th string 4th game preseason QBs throw better balls and make better decisions....but he found a way to win and squeeked one out for all the tebow lovers...but anyone who seriously thinks this guy makes us a better team needs to quit riding unicorns to the stadium

You are a drama queen that doesn't watch football. There were a lot of worse performances by NFL QBs this past weekend. He played better than the other QB in that game. You call Tebows performance the worst in history...

Haters gonna hate...

HorseHead
10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Hoge can kiss my elongated weiner...

NFLBRONCO
10-25-2011, 11:20 AM
My position is it's too soon to know either way. I could tinkers damn other QB's have played worse because they aren't playing for the Broncos. I still don't get all the hoopla of last minute comeback against an awful team that packed it in late. While I'd much rather have Luck running my team vs Tebow anyday. If FO sticks with Tebow longterm imo they need to draft differently. Add more harvin type players to make Denver as explosive as possible and force teams to think about stacking the box all the time. Miami is bad and they held us great for most of the game. I don't see how we can get in a scoring match with anyone who is alot better all around.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 11:29 AM

Once again people confuse "Looks" with reality...

I think often the same thing that makes Tebow successful makes him LOOK bad..

It's like people are so used to guys fetaling in the pocket, standing there like statues and throwing unnecessary picks they believe this is how the position has to be played.

also.. Tebow has an incredible magnifying glass on him.. look at Flacco.. he was WORSE yesterday but no one even notices.. because he is considered a good QB.

this was Tebow's worst looking game.. he has played well since entering the NFL yet people said he looked bad then too.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I remember Hoge saying 2 weeks ago that the bottom line is Tebow didnt winthe game. That is all that matters. You canhoot hoot or rah rah. Bottom line is he didnt win.

Now, 2 weeks later, it isnt the bottom line.

Gotta love too the ESPN mis-information that the Dolphins were in prevent. Love that from a guy like that.

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
I remember Hoge saying 2 weeks ago that the bottom line is Tebow didnt winthe game. That is all that matters. You canhoot hoot or rah rah. Bottom line is he didnt win.

Now, 2 weeks later, it isnt the bottom line.

Gotta love too the ESPN mis-information that the Dolphins were in prevent. Love that from a guy like that.

This is the key though.. why were they in a different defense (not prevent - but less aggressive) than they were early in the game allowing Tebow to dominate?

It's because what the Dolphins were doing earlier in the game was a gimmick meant to just throw Tebow off.. and because the Broncos offense was so predictable it did throw Tebow off at first.. but if they had tried to attack Tebow late in the game like they did early he would have torched them even worse.

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 11:51 AM
This is the key though.. why were they in a different defense (not prevent - but less aggressive) than they were early in the game allowing Tebow to dominate?

It's because what the Dolphins were doing earlier in the game was a gimmick meant to just throw Tebow off.. and because the Broncos offense was so predictable it did throw Tebow off at first.. but if they had tried to attack Tebow late in the game like they did early he would have torched them even worse.

It is interesting that every time the Broncos offense switches to a spread hurry up offense, Tebow thrives. He has a better 4th quarter rating under those conditions than virtually every QB in the NFL.

Makes me think, you know. If they ran a spread offense with Tebow and ran a two minute drill no huddle, he would tear it up.

We all hear the term system QB. Well guess what? Every QB isa better fit for a particular system. ELway for example was built for the the west coast system. He ran it at Stanford after Bill Walsh had taken it there in the 70s.

Unfortunately, Fox is uber conservative, and had a particular style. He trying to fit a sqaure peg in a round hole with Tebow. If he cant get that and he maintains his stubborn paradigm, then he is incompetent.

Yes, that is what they ought to do. If they do that, Tebow will dominate. There, I said it. Tebow would dominate.

pricejj
10-25-2011, 12:06 PM
In what may have been Tebow's worst game of his career (and his first start in 2011), the Broncos still got the W (2 TD's, 3 FG tries, 0 int). What NFL QB's were clearly worse than Tebow this week?

19. Tim Tebow
20. Josh Freeman
21. Blaine Gabbert
22. A.J. Feeley
23. Joe Flacco
24. Colt McCoy
25. Matt Hasselbeck
26. Curtis Painter
27. Matt Cassel
28. Charles Whitehurst
29. Carson Palmer
30. Kyle Boller

1/3 of the QB's in the league were clearly worse than Tebow this week...

BlueandOrange32
10-25-2011, 12:27 PM
In what may have been Tebow's worst game of his career (and his first start in 2011), the Broncos still got the W (2 TD's, 3 FG tries, 0 int). What NFL QB's were clearly worse than Tebow this week?

20. Tim Tebow
21. Josh Freeman
22. Blaine Gabbert
23. A.J. Feeley
24. Joe Flacco
25. Colt McCoy
26. Matt Hasselbeck
27. Curtis Painter
28. Charles Whitehurst
29. Carson Palmer
30. Kyle Boller

You forgot to include Cutler on that list.

He wont too. 2 picks, one that really should have been a pick 6. I know, woulda shoulda, but if you saw it, you would know.

17 for 32 60 rating 2 picks.

bendog
10-25-2011, 12:31 PM
It is interesting that every time the Broncos offense switches to a spread hurry up offense, Tebow thrives. He has a better 4th quarter rating under those conditions than virtually every QB in the NFL.

Makes me think, you know. If they ran a spread offense with Tebow and ran a two minute drill no huddle, he would tear it up.

We all hear the term system QB. Well guess what? Every QB isa better fit for a particular system. ELway for example was built for the the west coast system. He ran it at Stanford after Bill Walsh had taken it there in the 70s.

Unfortunately, Fox is uber conservative, and had a particular style. He trying to fit a sqaure peg in a round hole with Tebow. If he cant get that and he maintains his stubborn paradigm, then he is incompetent.

Yes, that is what they ought to do. If they do that, Tebow will dominate. There, I said it. Tebow would dominate.

they were in 3wr one te and one rb all day. they did hurry up towards the end, though.

broncosteven
10-25-2011, 12:35 PM

20. Tim Tebow
21. Josh Freeman
22. Blaine Gabbert
23. A.J. Feeley
24. Joe Flacco
25. Colt McCoy
26. Matt Hasselbeck
27. Curtis Painter
28. Charles Whitehurst
29. Carson Palmer
30. Kyle Boller

and 2 were raiders! LOL

MacGruder
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM

I think Fox is more concerned with his defense... does he even want the offense to score? Why else would he make the offense more conservative when he supposedly brought Tebow in for a spark? It's as if he is trying to prevent a spark on OFFENSE.. on both sides..

jhns
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
You are a drama queen that doesn't watch football. There were a lot of worse performances by NFL QBs this past weekend. He played better than the other QB in that game. You call Tebows performance the worst in history...

Haters gonna hate...

I was just looking at this.

Tebow: 161 passing, 2 TDs, 0 Ints, 65 rushing

Moore: 197 passing, 1 TD, 0 Ints, -1 rushing

Gabbert: 93 passing, 0 TDs, 0 Ints, -1 rushing

Flacco: 137 passing, 1 TD, 1 Int, 0 rushing

Painter: 67 passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 11 rushing

Ponder: 219 passing, 2 TDs, 2 Ints, 31 rushing

Feeley: 196 passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int, -1 rushing

Romo: 166 passing, 2 TDs, 0 Ints, 0 rushing (I probably wouldn't say worse though, they didn't have to pass)

Palmer: 116 passing, 0 TDs, 3 Ints, 0 rushing

Boller: 61 passing, 0 TDs, 3 Ints, 29 rushing

Cassel: 161 passing, 0 TDs, 2 Ints, 0 rushing

Hasselbeck: 104 passing, 1 TD, 2 Ints, 0 rushing

Rivers: 179 passing, 1 TD, 2 Ints, 0 rushing

Stafford:.183 passing, 1 TD, 0 Ints, 0 rushing

Ryan: 218 passing, 2 TDs, 2 Ints, 2 rushing

Cutler: 226 passing, 1 TD, 2 Ints, -1 rushing

Freeman: 264 passing, 2 TDs, 4 Ints, 0 rushing

Whitehurst: 97 passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 39 rushing

McCoy: 178 passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 31 rushing

Outside of Romo, you would have a very hard time arguing any of these QBs played better than Tebow. They weren't more productive. Most of them completed less than, or just over, 50% of their passes. Tebow wasn't close to the worst completion percentage.

A little perspective.

25 other teams played. 16(not including Dallas) had worse QB play.

pricejj
10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
You forgot to include Cutler on that list.

He wont too. 2 picks, one that really should have been a pick 6. I know, woulda shoulda, but if you saw it, you would know.

17 for 32 60 rating 2 picks.

Yeah...

Orton's completion percentage was sub 50%, 7 of his first 18 starts (51.6% total his rookie year).

Elway's completion percentage was sub 50%, 5 of his first 11 starts (47.5% total his rookie year).

Jekyll15Hyde
10-25-2011, 12:52 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8AYDf5rDsEg/TMJPh8MneNI/AAAAAAAABJA/zI2H0gEdie8/s1600/fw0kjn.gif

What can we do to get that guy (Alpha Centauri ) banned?

Jekyll15Hyde
10-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I was just looking at this.

Outside of Romo, you would have a very hard time arguing any of these QBs played better than Tebow. They weren't more productive. Most of them completed less than, or just over, 50% of their passes. Tebow wasn't close to the worst completion percentage.

A little perspective.

25 other teams played. 16(not including Dallas) had worse QB play.

Everything isnt a farking stat you idiot. For 90% of the game, TT wasnt even NFL caliber. PERIOD

jhns
10-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Everything isnt a farking stat you idiot. For 90% of the game, TT wasnt even NFL caliber. PERIOD

Yeah! Stats don't prove production!

A lot of those teams scored less, lost, and had even worse completion percentages.

Haters gonna hate.

It would help if you understood what you were watching.

jhns
10-25-2011, 01:04 PM
No QB does good when they don't let them play. If you have ever played a sport, you would know the importance of warming up and getting in a rhythm.

Pass attempts by quarter:

First = 3

Second = 6

Third = 5

Fourth = 19

Notice what happened when they let Tebow play?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19186506

Tebow didn't look like a QB to the haters because of this joke of a coaching staff. No QB is really accurate when it is 20 minutes between each pass attempt. I have watched the game twice now and you drama queens don't know what you are talking about. He had some bad plays, with a lot of good plays. Other players were the same. Royal dropped a ball and failed to adjust to a good deep ball. Thomas had a ball hit him in the numbers just before hitting the ground. We had multiple drives stall with 0-1 pass attempt.

lonestar
10-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Why this moron has a job is beyond me..

Why anyone listens to him is beyond me.

lonestar
10-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Tebow didn't look like a QB to the haters because of this joke of a coaching staff. No QB is really accurate when it is 20 minutes between each pass attempt. I have watched the game twice now and you drama queens don't know what you are talking about. He had some bad plays, with a lot of good plays. Other players were the same. Royal dropped a ball and failed to adjust to a good deep ball. Thomas had a ball hit him in the numbers just before hitting the ground. We had multiple drives stall with 0-1 pass attempt.

As someone else said lets worry about all this crap at the end of season by then he should have progressed enought to make an inteligent decision..

It is not like anyone is expecting getting into the playoffs..

unlike some here that think he is supposed to be in mid season stride like some of the other QBs are this time of year..

pricejj
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Overall 2011 QB Passer Rating

Player..........................Rating
1. Aaron Rodgers............125.7
2. Tom Brady.................104.8
3. Drew Brees................104.6
4. Eli Manning................101.1
5. Matt Schaub...............96.8
6. Matthew Stafford........95.5
7. Ryan Fitzpatrick..........95.3
8. Ben Roethlisberger......95.3
9. Alex Smith.................95.2
10. Tim Tebow..............94.4

pricejj
10-25-2011, 01:19 PM
...those two drops by Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal become completions and Tebow has 55.5% competion rate with over 200 yards passing...which is good, at this point, IMO

bendog
10-25-2011, 01:22 PM
The Eddie Royal one was a much easier throw and catch if Tebow picks him up earlier. He was wide open.

DT gave up his body making the TD.

And Fells did too.

Evened out, imo.

LetsGoBroncos
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
The bottom line is at this point it is up to the coaches. He has the it, the desire, the drive to be good. It is up to them to design a passing game and system that fits his strengths and allows him to excel. I just don't believe if he is put in the right system he won't succeed with his attitude and work ethic.

pricejj
10-25-2011, 01:30 PM
The Eddie Royal one was a much easier throw and catch if Tebow picks him up earlier. He was wide open.

And Fells did too.

Evened out, imo.

...just sayin

Tebow doesn't have to do much more to be a top 10 NFL QB...experience and practice is all he needs.

Use him like Roethlisberger...and the Broncos will be a force to be reckoned with.

jhns
10-25-2011, 01:31 PM

And Fells did too.

Evened out, imo.

So two other good passes make his other good passes bad?

You try too hard. How can you claim to be a fan as you refuse to watch games and hate on the good things? You sound like a raiders fan trolling...

Tebow is 2-2 with one of the worst teams in the league. Orton took those same teams to 4-14. Keep the hate alive!

Dedhed
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM

It's not at all surprising, but saying that intangibles count for nothing is just day 1 stupid.

DarkHorse30
10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
hey...it's not at all surprising, but saying that intangibles count for nothing is just day 1 stupid....and I mean it.